Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Princess Anne

Why is she so fugly? Both her parents are reasonably attractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 6, 2021 5:25 PM

[quote] Why is she so fugly?

Opening too many Tescos.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2021 1:53 AM

Maybe because she's old? Duh. When she was young she was very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2021 1:54 AM

Her head is shaped like a lemon. But it's not as wide as the head of Don Lemon.

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2021 1:56 AM

Same hairstyle for 50 years?

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2021 1:58 AM

r1 Its a bit of a myth that nowadays or even in recent decades the royals open lots of supermarkets. These days that work is lucrative for celebrities particularly actors in television soaps like Coronation Street one of whom opened a big supermarket near me in 1999 and Antony Cotton has opened a fair few supermarkets in Northern England.

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2021 2:01 AM

Ann is just old and allergic to getting plastic surgery to stay youthful. Back in the day she was gorgeous. Also, her body still looks amazing, more like a 35 year old's. That's why you see her wearing the same outfit 40 years apart (not kidding - she does this all the time)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2021 2:02 AM

She loves BBC!

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2021 2:02 AM

The Queen aged like fine wine, but none of her kids did.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2021 2:03 AM

[quote] Its a bit of a myth that nowadays or even in recent decades the royals open lots of supermarkets.

My post is somewhat "inside DL". A now (largely )departed poster, Voice of the Night, would ask questions about the royals, long before the now too common of British royal family threads, and make light of Anne and others opening Tescos.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2021 2:04 AM

r7 I am not she does love the BBC. I seem to recall her having run ins with some of their reporters ,one time erupting in fury at former royal correspondent Jennie Bond in the year after Princess Diana died because Ms Bond implied that only Princess Diana had highlighted and embraced the issue of HIV and aids when infact Princess Anne had been talking about it for years particularly in relation to the third world.But of course it was overlooked because she wasnt glamorous.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2021 2:07 AM

r9 Okay no worries ,I was trying to add to the sum of human knowledge on datalounge LOL!

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2021 2:09 AM

Her father was handsome in the day. Her mother was always plain.

by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2021 2:09 AM

Will Elizabeth remarry?

by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2021 2:12 AM

The Queen was plain but had a very pleasant looking face when she was younger. She's certainly aged well.

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2021 2:12 AM

Her mother had her moments in her youth, particularly when she smiled. Also, her mother had a BANGIN' body - a 23 inch waist and double F bra size.

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2021 2:12 AM

Yes, Rose r13. Macron is filing for divorce as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2021 2:13 AM

They tend to get horse-faced with age--just look at Chuck.

by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2021 2:14 AM

not surprised r16, Macron likes the cougars!

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2021 2:16 AM

She was beautiful when she was young.

She just got ugly when she got older -- as you will.

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2021 2:17 AM

[quote]Will Elizabeth remarry?

I heard that Michael Feinstein has sent her flowers.

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2021 2:17 AM

She never wears makeup and probably has never used sunscreen in her life, all of which is spent outdoors. She's just not remotely interested in all that stuff. Interesting that Charles is so soft when she is so tough. They're total opposites.

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2021 2:19 AM

The Royals are not celebrities; a notion completely lost on many Americans, first and foremost Meghan, and apparently, Harry as well!

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2021 2:24 AM

America has its own royalty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2021 2:29 AM

The women of the Royal Family decide on a hairstyle and they just won't let go of it for decades.

by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2021 2:41 AM

She looks quite stunning in the pic in r6.

by Anonymousreply 25April 12, 2021 2:44 AM

Even Diana stuck to the same hairstyle for life.

by Anonymousreply 26April 12, 2021 2:45 AM

Prince Philip on Anne: "If it doesn't fart or eat hay, she isn't interested."

by Anonymousreply 27April 12, 2021 2:46 AM

This is a nice candid shot of her and Philip when she was younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 12, 2021 11:38 AM

Margaret was very pretty until she decided to become a Jewish manicurist.

by Anonymousreply 29April 12, 2021 11:51 AM

The royals are the best looking people in bong land.

by Anonymousreply 30April 12, 2021 11:53 AM

The Gibson Girl hairdo does her no favors. Also, she needs a little bang (fringe) action.

by Anonymousreply 31April 12, 2021 11:56 AM

She'll happily tell you that she has zero-fucks-to-give anytime, just as she did to her kidnapper many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 32April 12, 2021 4:27 PM

She’s really not that bad looking for her age, but that hair color and style is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2021 5:05 PM

I remember former PM Margaret Thatcher coming to Utah for a supermarket opening. I'm sad it want Anne instead.

by Anonymousreply 34April 12, 2021 5:10 PM

I didn't know Anne is on Team Sussex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2021 4:46 PM

Anne was very attractive when she was younger and still has a pretty awesome body now for a 70 year old woman.

At her age, she just no longer gives a fuck what other people think; especially the people whom inhabit the DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2021 4:52 PM

Neither Anne nor Charles were attractive young people. Andrew had all the looks, and Edward was ignored mostly.

Charles has aged rather well, Anne not so much, while Andrew has completely lost his looks. Edward is still ignored mostly.

by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2021 4:57 PM

I think she looks lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 12, 2021 5:07 PM

It’s called inbreeding.

by Anonymousreply 39May 12, 2021 5:11 PM

A handsome woman.

I'd love to go on a country walk with her. I'd say she's as earthy as they come.

by Anonymousreply 40May 12, 2021 5:17 PM

Charles is no looker either. Royal bloodline is still tainted.

by Anonymousreply 41May 12, 2021 5:21 PM

They don't age well unless they're plain to begin with like Liz.

by Anonymousreply 42May 12, 2021 5:23 PM

OP, I could ask the same about Prince William.

by Anonymousreply 43May 12, 2021 5:28 PM

Agreed, she's what you'd call "handsome" and she's still pretty fit, but her hair & clothes make her look like she belongs at Hogwarts. DL desperately wants to give Anne a makeover, but maybe she's sort of eccentric & wants to make it clear *she doesn't care* so she isn't subject to the kind of criticism about her looks that the other women are.

by Anonymousreply 44May 12, 2021 5:28 PM

Boy, am I getting old....because my first reaction to these posts is: She is who she is, she looks the way she looks and dresses the way she dresses, and FUCK RIGHT OFF, the lot of you.

by Anonymousreply 45May 12, 2021 5:37 PM

Way back in, maybe 1980 or so, I saw her on TV. She was visiting the US and some female reporter with a thick Southern drawl asked her if she had ever heard American country music before. Anne said something like, "No, I've spent my entire life with my hands over my ears" and looked at her like, "what a moron". That was the first time I got an inkling of what Anne was really like.

by Anonymousreply 46May 12, 2021 6:19 PM

The attempted kidnapping was a bloodbath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 12, 2021 6:36 PM

How come she never wears any makeup? I bet she could turn herself into a stunning looking old broad if she tried.

by Anonymousreply 48May 12, 2021 6:44 PM

Philip was often very abrasive & tone deaf, but after his death, I was surprised at the descriptions of his humor, charm & empathy, particularly to children. Anne seems abrasive/suffer no fools as R46 describes, but I wonder if she has the humor & charm

by Anonymousreply 49May 12, 2021 6:59 PM

I doubt that triangle-shaped noggin could ever be "stunning", but she might look a little less frumpy.

by Anonymousreply 50May 12, 2021 6:59 PM

She looks like a perfectly normal woman of her age who rarely if ever wears makeup. I can't even count the number of times I've seen women who were beautiful when made up, but look like dogs when unadorned.

by Anonymousreply 51May 12, 2021 7:08 PM

What has Anne been up to lately?

by Anonymousreply 52August 4, 2021 3:36 PM

I'm just waiting for Tilda Swinton to play her in a movie.

by Anonymousreply 53August 4, 2021 3:37 PM

She and Chuck got the "looks horsey" gene, probably from their father.

by Anonymousreply 54August 4, 2021 3:40 PM

[quote] I heard that Michael Feinstein has sent her flowers.

Wouldn't be the first queen to whom Michael's sent flowers!

by Anonymousreply 55August 4, 2021 3:42 PM

I've always heard that English countrywomen of a certain class don't focus on their vanity as much as women of other countries. Anne has her horses and other interests. You know, a life. I'd take a million Annes over the tarted up, inflated Picasso-esque nightmares that litter the new money classes in the U.S. I deeply admire her no-fucks-to-give attitude of Anne.

by Anonymousreply 56August 4, 2021 4:35 PM

She was a handsome woman in her youth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 4, 2021 4:38 PM

I adore Anne almost as much as Her Majesty.

by Anonymousreply 58August 4, 2021 6:57 PM

She needs to fill in her eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 59August 4, 2021 8:36 PM

[Quote]She and Chuck got the "looks horsey" gene, probably from their father.

Nope. The horsey gene comes from their grandmother Queen Mary. Her husband, George V, didn't share this characteristic. She passed it along to George VI who passed it to Elizabeth. It's subdued in their youth, but the "muzzley" boneyness begins to emerge in their 30s. Edward seems to be least affected by it. He has a rounder, softer face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 4, 2021 8:57 PM

Her brother's face with nice hair. Her hair was teh only reason she was passable as attractive

by Anonymousreply 61August 4, 2021 9:02 PM

the*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 4, 2021 9:02 PM

Anne was very beautiful when she was young. The Windsors seem to have this pattern born more "average" and you age well (Harry, the Queen, Prince Edward), born beautiful and you age poorly (William, Andrew, Margaret). And then there is Charles......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 4, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote]Why is she so fugly? Both her parents are reasonably attractive.

Yeah, what the fuck's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 64August 4, 2021 9:09 PM

You chose a picture where she's all done up. She was never a natural beauty.

by Anonymousreply 65August 4, 2021 9:12 PM

A pretty girl, not beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 4, 2021 9:15 PM

OMG, she looks like Gary Shandling.

by Anonymousreply 67August 4, 2021 9:17 PM

[quote] The women of the Royal Family decide on a hairstyle and they just won't let go of it for decades.

They select a hairdo where they can go from hat to tiara in minutes. Princess Margaret told an interviewer that the Queen could place and pin a tiara on herself while walking down stairs.

by Anonymousreply 68August 4, 2021 9:22 PM

R63: That's had more airbrushing than an old Econoline van. The kindest adjective would be "handsome" (used upthread), which means plain.

by Anonymousreply 69August 4, 2021 9:36 PM

Why is Edward always ignored? I don't think I would be able to identify him if I saw him on the street.

by Anonymousreply 70August 4, 2021 9:37 PM

Leave Anne alone. She's managed to stay true to herself and stay out of the tabloids. Who cares what she looks like.

by Anonymousreply 71August 4, 2021 9:38 PM

^The horsey gene comes from their GREAT grandmother Queen Mary.

by Anonymousreply 72August 4, 2021 9:43 PM

R42

Liz was never plain. Have you seen her as a young woman? She was gorge.

by Anonymousreply 73August 5, 2021 9:49 AM

This is my favorite photo of Anne. I think she’s gorgeous in this casual candid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 5, 2021 10:44 AM

Her father was attractive. Lilibet has always looked like a transvestite.

by Anonymousreply 75August 5, 2021 11:06 AM

Anne is by far the hardest working royal and dedicated to her causes.

She doesn't seem to care much about the opinion of others. No time for fools or foolish things.

If I could spend a day with any royal it would be with "no fucks to give" Anne.

by Anonymousreply 76August 5, 2021 12:58 PM

Until she snarks on you r76...

by Anonymousreply 77August 5, 2021 12:59 PM

R74, that's literally her brother's face. It's the hair and her body that she had going for her.

by Anonymousreply 78August 5, 2021 3:08 PM

[quote] Lilibet has always looked like a transvestite.

She's only two months old! Pick on someone your own size!

by Anonymousreply 79August 5, 2021 4:29 PM

She was kind to me when we met. She offered me a sugar cube.

by Anonymousreply 80August 5, 2021 4:39 PM

She also raised two fairly stable kids in that family; Peter is supposedly kind of dim & cheated on his wife, but Zara seems lovely & has done pretty well for herself. So there's that...

by Anonymousreply 81August 5, 2021 4:45 PM

R53 Think I am doing that job quite well, thank you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 5, 2021 5:22 PM

[Quote]Peter is supposedly kind of dim & cheated on his wife

So that's what ended the marriage. He sounds like his father Capt. Mark Phillips who cheated on Anne regularly and even fathered a child in New Zealand or Australia years before their separation was announced. Also, Charles nicknamed Phillips "Fog" because he was thick and wet.

by Anonymousreply 83August 5, 2021 8:59 PM

Anne's kids have not been embarrassing, so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 84August 5, 2021 9:02 PM

The Windsors in the bloodline just do not get plastic surgery or use fillers or Botox. Princess Michael of Kent has, Fergie has, and I think Meghan certainly has, and some Dataloungers think Kate has (although she doesn't look like it--she's got wrinkles).

But the Queen and her children and her grandchildren seem to have all avoided it. I think their idea is, why should they have it? they're royal no matter what they look like, and their royal status trumps looking younger.

by Anonymousreply 85August 5, 2021 9:04 PM

[quote] Her head is shaped like a lemon.

Ironic, because she’s a limey.

by Anonymousreply 86August 5, 2021 9:06 PM

[Quote]Anne's kids have not been embarrassing

Well, Peter and his wife sold private wedding photos that included the Queen and other royals to Hello magazine for £500K. It had dozens and dozens of pages of photos. The palace did comment that it was inappropriate, but I'm pretty sure they kept the half million. What does he do for a living now?

by Anonymousreply 87August 5, 2021 9:16 PM

Fergie’s had plastic surgery? There’s no evidence of that.

by Anonymousreply 88August 5, 2021 9:18 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 5, 2021 9:22 PM

I thought that was Martina Navratilova for a second.

by Anonymousreply 90August 5, 2021 11:09 PM

R85 Meghan is basically the Joan Rivers of the British Royals given how much she's allegedly had done over the years. I don't think Kate has had any work done. I do believe the rumours that she had an eating disorder earlier in her relationship with William that went on for some time after they were married, but I think she sought treatment because she's looking fantastic now.

by Anonymousreply 91August 6, 2021 1:49 AM

I think Kate still smokes on the downlow.

by Anonymousreply 92August 6, 2021 2:03 AM

Kate may not have plastic surgery but she has had Botox.

by Anonymousreply 93August 6, 2021 2:20 AM

Why can't she at least slather on some moisturizer? I don't think she can even bother with any kinds of face creams, let alone makeup. Does she ever use sunscreen?

This bitch is [italic]butch[/italic]. I bet she wishes she was born a man.

by Anonymousreply 94August 6, 2021 9:01 AM

Her hairstyle is perfect for a prison matron and she rarely wears more than the most minimal makeup, if any. Even so, she's no more homely than most women (especially of her age group) who don't adorn their face with a good layer of war paint. There's a reason women say they're "putting on my face" when they do their makeup in the morning. Only a small minority of women over the age of 40 don't look frightening without makeup.

A good stylist could turn her into a fine looking woman.

by Anonymousreply 95August 6, 2021 9:07 AM

R95: On a good day, she would be "handsome". It's difficult to do much with a triangular noggin.

by Anonymousreply 96August 6, 2021 11:35 AM

The brf is the ugliest Royal family in the world.

by Anonymousreply 97August 6, 2021 12:26 PM

She looks fine to me, especially for someone without surgery, implants, makeup, facetune and wigs. She's also very fit and looks sharp and happy. If I'm all that when I reach her age, I'm happy.

by Anonymousreply 98August 6, 2021 12:35 PM

She did a photo shoot for her 70th birthday, she looks OK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 6, 2021 1:20 PM

Horse face. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 100August 6, 2021 1:31 PM

R94

She doesn't wish she was born a man. She does just fine enjoying her own gender.

Gay men obsessing over the makeup routines of straight women need to stay in their own lane.

An obsession with looks is one of the reasons that some gay men (hopefully not all) will never find happiness in life. Looks are something you're born with and there's not much you can do to change them.

by Anonymousreply 101August 6, 2021 1:45 PM

Do you mean to tell me that's NOT a photo of Richard Simmons?

by Anonymousreply 102August 6, 2021 1:56 PM

Bitch you know Richard is more glamorous.

by Anonymousreply 103August 6, 2021 2:15 PM

And she actually needs it r88. She looks like a giant red raisin.

by Anonymousreply 104August 6, 2021 4:59 PM

She needs some eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 105August 6, 2021 5:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!