Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How to clean pen ink off the dryers drum?

My insane Bf decided to leave a pen in his pocket, and now guess who have to deal with it? I have tried Peroxide and it would not budge. Any suggestion?

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2021 4:18 PM

How about those Magic Erasers? Mr. Clean makes them and I have found the cheap knock off work just as well.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2021 12:13 AM

Dampen a rag with a solution made of 1/2 bleach and 1/2 water. If that's not strong enough to get the ink off increase the amount of bleach. Use rubber gloves as the bleach will eat the skin on your hands.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2021 12:14 AM

Hairspray. (Assuming you have any in the house)

Saturate the ink and it’ll wipe off.

May need to repeat.

And then wash the inside of the dryer and let it ventilate before using the dryer again.

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2021 12:18 AM

Easy! rub toothpaste on the stain in circular motion, then wipe off with damp towel, you might have to do multiple times if the stain is tough, but it works on ink and sharpie

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2021 12:19 AM

Rubbing alcohol. It’ll evaporate before you run the dryer again.

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2021 12:51 AM

Nail polish remover. If you don't have any, then I agree with R5 and would try rubbing alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2021 1:00 AM

Time to throw out the dryer and buy a new one, OP!

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2021 1:15 AM

Acetone, unless the drum is plastic, or Goof Off if it is.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2021 1:20 AM

Rubbing Alcohol. It can take ink out of fabric as well.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2021 1:20 AM

Do you think your boyfriend did this on purpose? Also, how did the pen remain in the shirt pocket during the wash? Also, didn't he see that the pen was still attached to the shirt when he was transferring it to the dryer? And if not, didn't someone notice that there was a loose pen in the wash while it was being transferred.

So many questions. Something is not adding up here. I'm suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2021 1:23 AM

Have the boyfriend swallow copious amounts of your loads.

Won't take away the ink stain, but it'll make you feel better.

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2021 1:27 AM

alcohol will do it. the rubbing kind. That is what is in hairspray that takes it out of fabric.

by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2021 1:43 AM

I read online that acetone can be flammable. Is it true?

by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2021 2:16 PM

what an awful boyfriend that he would Decide to leave a pen in his pocket just to have it got thru the wash and dryer so he could listen to you bitch about it. Things happen. If this is the worst that happens to you consider yourself lucky. will this matter in 5 years? 1 year? 1 week? get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2021 2:21 PM

Nail polish remover worked for me. Then wipe off the residue with water and a little cleanser. The flammability evaporates, but better safe than sorry.

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2021 2:24 PM

Who and what are you when there’s a real crisis? “Insane.” “Chose.” Poor me, passive aggression syndrome. BF made a mistake. That happens. Being a hyperbolic drama Queen is a choice. I hope you & your dryer have a wonderful life together.

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2021 2:37 PM

[quote]Time to throw out the dryer and buy a new one, OP!

Time to throw out the boyfriend and buy a new one, OP!

by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2021 2:48 PM

R17 I suppose I should interview new bf candidates now, as to not missing any minute of dicking

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2021 3:02 PM

Rubbing alcohol will take it off. When I was a hairstylist years back, we dabbed hairspray or rubbing alcohol on color stains and it took them out.

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2021 3:08 PM

Nail polish remover is your answer. It dissolves the kind of ink in pens, as well as permanent markers. I use it whenever I get that type of stain; just clean any residue off thoroughly before running your dryer.

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2021 4:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!