Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Andrew Cuomo has survived?

After two weeks, the accusations and the negative reports all died down, I am not familiar with NY state politics but I am assuming he is "safe" now, am I right?

by Anonymousreply 195November 13, 2021 6:14 PM

We have lots of other things to focus on like people still dying and trying to get the country back on it’s feet.

by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2021 8:45 PM

The investigations are still ongoing. It all depends on the findings whether Cuomo survives or not.

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2021 8:47 PM

Unfortunately, yes he’s safe and will likely finish the rest of his term. But any hopes of a fourth term or a presidential run are probably in the toilet now.

He’s a Democrat so the rules don’t apply to him. If he was a republican, he would be history already. The left and the Democrats killed the me too movement. Believe only women who accuse republicans.

He and DeBlasio destroyed New York City. Cuomo’s $15K checks to illegals and ex-cons will finish the city off once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2021 8:49 PM

If there's one thing we've learned from him and others like Ralph Northam - NEVER resign, don't even apologize really. Just brazen it out, everything passes. Companies should take note of this, too, with regard to foolish boycotts.

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2021 8:52 PM

Agreed r4. There is a need to get things done quickly. If you just hold out, the legacy media will move on to the next story and people will forget.

by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2021 8:53 PM

R4: Or just become president. It worked for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2021 8:53 PM

Fuck!

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2021 8:55 PM

r7 Seriously. What a fucking idiot you were.

by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2021 8:56 PM

Politicians have learned from Al Franken. Do not resign when the hysteria is at its peak. Let the investigations proceed in due course.

This applies to Matt Gaetz as well. He won’t resign until he’s officially charged with a crime and probably not even then.

by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2021 8:58 PM

We have two separate sets of rules in this country. One for Democratic politicians, and another set for everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2021 9:00 PM

Al was one of the early me-tooed. Cuomo benefits from it all being a bit played out at this point. Biden just completely ignored his accuser, and not even Rose McGowan speaking up for her made any difference.

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2021 9:01 PM

Look he's a democrat so nothing will happen to him but he's still kind of vulnerable. That's why he has to appease the radical left with his bail reform and free everything for illegals.

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2021 9:02 PM

[quote] get the country back on it’s feet.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2021 9:02 PM

Yes, you’re “right” OP, because ethics and politics are just a quiz show with arbitrary time limits and right and wrong answers.

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2021 9:03 PM

[quote] He’s a Democrat so the rules don’t apply to him. If he was a republican, he would be history already.

Yup. Just like all those other GQPers who resigned or became history.

Like, um, well, um, like, certainly Matt, no, that doesn’t work. Like....

I’m going to need a few minutes. Come back to me.

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2021 9:05 PM

[quote] He’s a Democrat so the rules don’t apply to him. If he was a republican, he would be history already. The left and the Democrats killed the me too movement. Believe only women who accuse republicans.

It's not that because he's a Democrat he was spared. The party is a lot more cohesive than the GOP at this point. It is easy for factions within a party to use a scandal like this to take out guys who are weak. That's what's hopefully going to happen with Gaetz. In spite of all the hatred for AOC et., al. the Democrats at this point do not attack their own. They stick together.

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2021 9:07 PM

Trump survived for 4 years - why should Cuomo resign. He should stick it out and let it pass. I’m only upset with the new budget - but it is largely due to the ABSENCE of Cuomos power input. I only care how things are run. The new NYS budget is a mess - but other people need to be held to blame and Cuomo should do so - especially as a lame duck.

by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2021 9:09 PM

[quote] He’s a Democrat so the rules don’t apply to him. If he was a republican, he would be history already. The left and the Democrats killed the me too movement. Believe only women who accuse republicans.

R3 I think you got it wrong here, it's totally on the opposite. He is a Democrat but he refused to step down, that's what Republicans usually did under the circumstance - I am not resigning! "Believe the women or not" is not an issue here, his fellow Democrats asked him to resign but he refused, just like Republicans, he ignored them and in my opinion, that's why he survived.

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2021 9:10 PM

And let’s put this into perspective: These women are not accusing him of rape or sexual assault or anything that egregious.

They’re accusing him of making them feel “uncomfortable,” some of them literally years ago, by kissing them on the cheeks. Some of these allegations are absolutely laughable.

by Anonymousreply 19April 11, 2021 9:13 PM

[quote]et., al.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2021 9:13 PM

[quote] He should stick it out and let it pass.

That’s what got him in trouble in the first place!

by Anonymousreply 21April 11, 2021 9:14 PM

During the height of the pandemic, they need to portray Cuomo as a hero fighting against the villain Trump. Now that Trump is out of the picture and Biden is now in office, they can go after Cuomo.

by Anonymousreply 22April 11, 2021 9:15 PM

R19 And that's the problem with this epidemic of wide-ranging allegations. After a while the public gets numb.

by Anonymousreply 23April 11, 2021 9:16 PM

Did he kill someone? Or truly harm someone? Or just unnerve some woman with borderline personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 24April 11, 2021 9:17 PM

[quote] et., al.

That's a typo, and typos are generally not "oh dear" worthy.

by Anonymousreply 25April 11, 2021 9:18 PM

Senator Mattress Girl BFF Gillibrand can lick my dirty shitter. Gawd I hate this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 26April 11, 2021 9:19 PM

Trump Rule #2: A problem isn't a problem unless it lasts two news cycles.

by Anonymousreply 27April 11, 2021 9:19 PM

[quote]his fellow Democrats asked him to resign but he refused, just like Republicans, he ignored them and in my opinion, that's why he survived.

Yup.

by Anonymousreply 28April 11, 2021 9:20 PM

He's being allowed to finish out his term. Otherwise, he's finished politically. Way too much corruption and baggage that will be highlighted should he be dumb enough to consider running again.

He's a pathetic joke as is his brother.

by Anonymousreply 29April 11, 2021 9:23 PM

The accusations weren’t very serious. Just obnoxious inappropriate flirting. Kissing on the cheek and pathetic attempts at flirtation nothing salacious or violent. A real sex scandal came in from Matt Gaetz to grab attention .

by Anonymousreply 30April 11, 2021 9:24 PM

Two words:

Nipple Rings

by Anonymousreply 31April 11, 2021 9:34 PM

Shouldn’t that be three words?

by Anonymousreply 32April 11, 2021 9:35 PM

[quote] Otherwise, he's finished politically.

I think he’ll win NY again on the strength of his COVID response.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not happy about it, I just think that’s they way it’ll go.

by Anonymousreply 33April 11, 2021 9:36 PM

[quote] Did he kill someone?

About 10,000 elderly people that were in nursing homes were he also forcibly sent Covid patients.

by Anonymousreply 34April 11, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote] That's a typo,

Adding a period AND a comma where neither belong is now considered a “typo”?

by Anonymousreply 35April 11, 2021 9:40 PM

The Democrats are trying to destroy him even more so than Republicans. They are sick of his ego and trying to control everything and everyone. His decisions early in the pandemic cost the lives of thousands of NYers in nursing homes who died and the subsequent cover up will be his undoing. Democratic Assemblyman Ron Kim, who had a family member die of COVID in a nursing home outbreak, publicly called him out on it and asked for an investigation and impeachment, and then told the media how Cuomo threatened him. All much more believable than the Gloria Allred Brigade who had every opportunity to report Cuomo for inappropriate behavior for years but didn’t until now.

by Anonymousreply 36April 11, 2021 9:41 PM

[quote] About 10,000 elderly people that were in nursing homes were he also forcibly sent Covid patients.

I love this talking point. As though he physically threw them in the home and locked the doors.

He mandated nursing homes could not refuse to accept COVID patients back (to THEIR homes, btw) unless they could properly care for them. If the nursing homes couldn’t care for them they shouldn’t have accepted them. But they weren’t about to turn away their patient$ regardless of whether they had the proper protocols in place.

By the way, the reasoning behind it harkens back to a dark time in the AIDS crisis when AIDS patients could legally be turned away solely by virtue of them having AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 37April 11, 2021 9:43 PM

R36 That was the most surreal thing to me, DLers thinking this was a Republican/Trump hit on Cuomo. Um, no, the NY Republicans are completely feckless.

It was the Dems who hate Cuomo and wanted to be rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 38April 11, 2021 9:44 PM

I hope he survives and is re-elected. He is an effective politician and I honestly don’t care about the “scandal” after we just let the country be run by a sociopathic, evil villain for 4 years. Politicians ain’t saints - I’m fine with that.

by Anonymousreply 39April 11, 2021 9:45 PM

[quote]That was the most surreal thing to me

It's not surreal if you were paying attention to how he governed. Cuomo deliberately took power out of democrats hands and gave it to the Republicans.

I hope a good primary challenger is appointed this time around and not someone like Cynthia Nixon. Fortunately, I think the NY democratic establishment and progressives are teaming up to oust him for once and for all. And that makes me very happy. Because he's not getting my vote.

NY needs to stop electing these garbage politicians. Giuliani, Zeldin, Cuomo, Bloomberg. We just finished the end of one era of a sociopathic tyrant. Let's hope we can finish another.

by Anonymousreply 40April 11, 2021 9:55 PM

Sex scandals no longer mean the end for politicians in both parties. Look at Matt Gaetz. He's still hanging on and could be re-elected if no charges are brought.

And it's not just sex scandals. The governor of Virginia refused to resign over a college picture of him in blackface, which would've been curtains for a Democrat just a few years ago. Politicians are getting savvy over the fact that most scandals are blown up in the media for a week or so, then quickly forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 41April 11, 2021 9:56 PM

R7 someone needs to check Al Franken, he might develop a serous drinking problem now, it's understandably depressing for him.

by Anonymousreply 42April 11, 2021 10:07 PM

I think Democrats are becoming increasingly cynical and fatigued with the whole double standards mentality pushed by the mainstream media. It's kind of funny how it blew over despite the medias most fervent efforts.

by Anonymousreply 43April 11, 2021 10:22 PM

Who are the idiots saying he’ll survive because he’s a Democrat!?!

Ask al Franken. Democrats try to have the moral high ground so that when things like Matt gaetz come up, they can make an appropriately big deal out of it.

Rapist Donald trump did ok.

morons...

by Anonymousreply 44April 11, 2021 10:28 PM

[quote] Democrats try to have the moral high ground

Trump go impeached, twice, for things he was innocent of. Cuomo killed 10,000 old people and he's still in office. Tell me about double standards.

by Anonymousreply 45April 12, 2021 5:24 PM

I'd bet my last 20 bucks that R1 has raged against Woody Allen ad nauseam, never saw a #MeToo post she didn't up-vote, and has bitched about Matt Gaetz at least three times today already.

by Anonymousreply 46April 12, 2021 5:45 PM

This thread is full of GOP trolls, including a lot of the supposedly pro-Cuomo ones. It's the usual divide and conquer bullshit that morons here love to react to.

by Anonymousreply 47April 12, 2021 6:15 PM

The Cuomo name and I mean brother Fredo as well is dead. The Nursing Home Massacre and the cover up and the arrogance to write an aggrandizing book now out of print about handling the pandemic and of course that Emmy award are galling.

by Anonymousreply 48April 24, 2021 1:45 AM

R48- The MOST galling thing that Andrew Cuomo did was having the Tappan Zee bridge renamed the Mario Cuomo bridge.

by Anonymousreply 49April 24, 2021 2:10 AM

I saw him crawling on his dick, pushing it against the earth of NYC, in central park.

by Anonymousreply 50April 24, 2021 3:42 AM

This is the value of filing a labor action, it takes forever and never leaves the news cycle.

Cuomo has survived the "he touched me" bitching.

But at no time did he expose his dick or shove it into another person.

Yes, he has survived.

by Anonymousreply 51April 24, 2021 8:11 AM

"He’s a Democrat so the rules don’t apply to him."

Tell that to Al Franken, R3.

by Anonymousreply 52April 24, 2021 1:16 PM

Unless the findings from Tish James' report (don't even get me started about the sham of an investigation by the assembly) are damning, he's likely to survive at this point. However, his career is all but finished. The question is whether he loses in a primary next year or if the Republican challenger beats him. A lot of you here are comparing him to Trump, but notice he's not the president anymore. Elected officials are basically above the law at this point and the voters are the only means of accountability they face. Sometimes scandals just become too much to withstand. This will prove true for Cuomo.

by Anonymousreply 53April 24, 2021 1:23 PM

Good. I hope he's survived. More power to him.

by Anonymousreply 54April 24, 2021 3:13 PM

What’s galling is your punctuation, R48.

by Anonymousreply 55April 24, 2021 6:59 PM

R55 Thankfully, my mistake didn't lead to thousands of people dying. You've got your priorities mixed up. Your first priority should be getting laid. Isn't that what's really galling you?

by Anonymousreply 56April 27, 2021 12:01 AM

Oh goody! 'The Andrew Cuomo nursing home scandal gets worse and worse.' Washington Examiner 4.29.21

Forget the diversion regarding inappropriate behavior and keep focusing on the "COVID Governor's" gross mishandling of the pandemic and all the lives it cost!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 57April 29, 2021 10:46 PM

Why are Republican shits ALWAYS posting here? We don't want your propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 58April 29, 2021 10:50 PM

R58 Then why not ignore it like you do all facts that go against your narrative?

by Anonymousreply 59April 29, 2021 10:54 PM

R59 Why don't you shove Trumps dick up your ass? It would be honest at least. That's a FACT, shitbag.

by Anonymousreply 60April 29, 2021 10:59 PM

^ Now there's an intelligent, carefully thought out response often found in angry trolls who really can't counter logic with reason and go on the attack.

by Anonymousreply 61April 29, 2021 11:02 PM

You are not worth the effort. You are an insane troll, so why bother. Just fuck off and leave Don Jr.

by Anonymousreply 62April 29, 2021 11:05 PM

R62 Then why are you making an effort? And it doesn't take effort to respond with something sensible, but that would take someone who is less triggered, actually has something to say and is more informed and intelligent than you. And your words belie everything you say.

by Anonymousreply 63April 29, 2021 11:10 PM

Just fuck off Repub troll, that's all you have to do.

by Anonymousreply 64April 29, 2021 11:12 PM

Get that "Oh, dear!" character out of here. I don't need to see his craving for attention over someone's typos.

by Anonymousreply 65April 29, 2021 11:19 PM

Look, somebody is putting on a play to try and draw attention to this thread. Can I get a playbill?

by Anonymousreply 66April 29, 2021 11:35 PM

R64 Is just a Democratic Proud Boy. The flip side of the same coin with no more intelligence than a pit bull. A basement dweller aggravated by the smell of his mom's crotch rot. More to be pitied than censured!

by Anonymousreply 67April 29, 2021 11:46 PM

He did not do anything wrong. His accusers won't file a formal complaint.

by Anonymousreply 68April 29, 2021 11:49 PM

R68 And the nursing home massacre? And surely those who run against him for Governor are not going to it be forgotten. To say nothing of the huge deficit incurred during his term as Governor and the shitstorm that is now NY.

by Anonymousreply 69April 29, 2021 11:56 PM

No.

by Anonymousreply 70April 29, 2021 11:58 PM

[quote] And surely those who run against him for Governor are not going to it be forgotten.

Challengers won't get any media coverage, so no one will be able to hear their message. The Democratic machine is very powerful in NY, and dispenses billions to its favored candidates and media outlets.

The Times and the Daily News will not use a drop of ink to cover anyone who tries to primary Cuomo. If the machine thinks Cuomo can survive this (and he seems to be) they will back him and smother any challengers.

by Anonymousreply 71April 30, 2021 12:26 AM

Anyone from NY? Yang is getting lots of coverage and the support of the Jewish community.

by Anonymousreply 72April 30, 2021 1:11 AM

He’s an asshole, but he’s our asshole.

by Anonymousreply 73April 30, 2021 1:14 AM

R71 Giuliani was a 2 term Republican Mayor of NY followed by 3 term Republican Mayor Mike Bloomberg.

by Anonymousreply 74April 30, 2021 1:17 AM

Thank you R49

Bring back the Tappan Zee

by Anonymousreply 75April 30, 2021 1:29 AM

Mike Bloomberg was about as Republican as the boil on my ass.

by Anonymousreply 76April 30, 2021 1:37 AM

R76 With all due respect to the boil on your ass, Bloomberg ran and won as a Republican and served an unprecedented 3 terms.

by Anonymousreply 77April 30, 2021 1:46 AM

Not necessarily. Depends on his behavior and if there are other shoes to drop (women who are preparing to come forward and the nature of their allegations).

We're beyond the stage where a politician definitely resigns in the immediate revelation of harassment. Its more about the other victims preparing to come forward (which can be a process) and how terrible their allegations are.

by Anonymousreply 78April 30, 2021 1:52 AM

Unprecedented = totally fucking illegal

by Anonymousreply 79April 30, 2021 1:55 AM

Most of these accusations against Cuomo are coming from people supported by the national Democratic party, not the state party.

The DNC is looking ahead to 2024. The last thing they want is a challenge to Kamala from the center left, so they are trying to kneecap Cuomo early on.

Look for other viable national candidates to be bought off with cabinet positions, or ambassadorships that require them to leave the country. If that won't work, the DNC scandal-generating machine will be fully engaged to attack their reputation. (Be careful Andrew Yang and Tulsi!)

by Anonymousreply 80April 30, 2021 11:04 AM

Top Democrats like AOC and Chuckie Schumer have been calling for his resignation and it would seem Andy Boy is now politically isolated and thanks to the deadly nursing home fiasco and the cover up, his chances for a Presidential run are about as good as De Blasio and Bloomberg's ill-fated attempts. How do you pronounce the past tense of throw?

by Anonymousreply 81April 30, 2021 10:41 PM

Cuomo might still run for Governor. And win, it depends how the investigations turn out. The sexual accusation were pretty lame.

by Anonymousreply 82April 30, 2021 10:55 PM

Trump was accused of rape or sexual assault by over 20 women and was caught on tape bragging about grabbing women by the pussy. Republicans clearly have no problem with it. Special assault and rape privileges.

by Anonymousreply 83April 30, 2021 11:23 PM

R83 and Trump wasn't re elected and most likely neither will Cuomo

by Anonymousreply 84May 1, 2021 3:20 AM

[quote]They’re accusing him of making them feel “uncomfortable,” some of them literally years ago, by kissing them on the cheeks.

They wouldn't last 5 minutes at one of our family parties, I always have one aunt kissing me or hugging me whether I ask for it or not. HA!

by Anonymousreply 85May 1, 2021 3:47 AM

AOC is not top democrat.

She showboats. She's like Ilhan Omar, only uglier.

by Anonymousreply 86May 1, 2021 6:32 AM

AOC has no accomplishment in congress

by Anonymousreply 87May 1, 2021 6:41 AM

Plus she's ugly.

by Anonymousreply 88May 1, 2021 12:38 PM

Well, I'm glad that he did "survive." I live in NJ and couldn't get a freaking covid test OR the vaccine here. (Who the hell refuses someone a covid test because they don't have a driver's license with them? I guess a passport, insurance card, CEAS card with photo, utility bill, cable bill, bank statement and credit bill wasn't enough to identify me) Because I work in NYC I was able to get a test (negative) and then the vaccine within the same week. Thanks, Cuomo!

by Anonymousreply 89May 1, 2021 12:50 PM

He survived, but the thousands he sent back to nursing homes didn't.

by Anonymousreply 90July 8, 2021 7:53 PM

Good to hear. I want him to be governor for another term. Andrew Cuomo is the only Democrat with balls.

by Anonymousreply 91July 8, 2021 8:24 PM

R91 UR a New Yorker because most New Yorkers don't feel the same as you do.

by Anonymousreply 92July 9, 2021 4:40 AM

Chuck Schumer stopped gunning for him and rightly focused back on more urgent problems.

by Anonymousreply 93July 9, 2021 8:29 AM

R91 Cuomo calls pandemic 'tremendous personal benefit' amid ongoing probes into New York's nursing home deaths and his $5.1M book deal. He's got balls alright!

by Anonymousreply 94July 9, 2021 9:32 PM

I bet all of you would fall to your knees and service him.

by Anonymousreply 95July 10, 2021 12:16 AM

Yep. Looks like a gorilla but has intense masculine energy.Sexy.

by Anonymousreply 96July 10, 2021 12:19 AM

August 2021 Independent investigation find Governor Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women, violated state and federal laws. USS Cuomo is a sinking ship and hopefully Fredo goes down with it!

by Anonymousreply 97August 3, 2021 3:52 PM

OP Check your news feed. No, he isn't safe. In fact, at this point, only a miracle could keep him in office.

You know, like WWIII breaking out or another major terror attack on New York City.

by Anonymousreply 98August 3, 2021 4:09 PM

Cuomo touched my ass! Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 99August 3, 2021 4:11 PM

Keep in mind this is part of a very strenuous campaign of GOP to get the governorships in the 2 biggest blue states. GOP has no chance of getting the legislature in these states, so they only need to change the Governor in order to sign laws increasing voter suppression & overturning elections. Plus…they run Latino double agents as Dems who then vote with Republicans in the NY legislature.

Remember, NY had GOP Governor up to 2006 & CA had GOP Governor until 2011. It’s not far fetched at all. And they have SCOTUS on their side. And Facebook and Instagram, which shoots out constant, planned propaganda against both states. There are numbnuts out there who actually believe CA & NY are failed apocalyptic states where the cites were burned to the ground. They have seen videos made by rightwing groups showing homelessness, shoplifting, fires — riot fires started by Rightwing militia members …you've seen them do it. Black people in their own neighborhoods were saying “It’s white people starting the fires and smashing windows. The white antifa guys go too far.” Guess what? They’re not Antifa. They are and they have been rightwing militia militia members, former police, offduty police & former military all along. Look at what GOP will do to bring down the United States government. You e seen it in Kyle Rittenhouse, in umbrella man and on Jan 6. Youve read about or heard the laws states have made to suppress voter turnout in black neighborhoods. You’ve seen they have enacted laws to overturn the will of the voters…ie, overturn presidential elections. This is Soviet level shit.

This is no crazy conspiracy theory. As Rosemary Woodhouse once said, “This is really happening.”

by Anonymousreply 100August 3, 2021 4:23 PM

A lot of what you say is true R100.

But based upon my one unfortunate interaction with Andrew Cuomo, he is the cause of his own undoing.

He needs to agree to quietly retire to Boca in exchange for being allowed to serve out his term.

by Anonymousreply 101August 3, 2021 4:28 PM

Do we give him until Friday? Will his brother Chris cry on air?

by Anonymousreply 102August 3, 2021 4:28 PM

AP-'Gov. Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women PROBE finds'

by Anonymousreply 103August 3, 2021 5:16 PM

Biden is calling for Cuomo to resign

by Anonymousreply 104August 3, 2021 10:33 PM

Now what about the skeletons in DeSantis's closet?

by Anonymousreply 105August 3, 2021 10:43 PM

NYer here. Cuomo has to go now. He will resign in a few days.

I have full confidence in New York Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul. She is capable and has integrity.

by Anonymousreply 106August 3, 2021 10:48 PM

R105 Flesh out the details, please!

by Anonymousreply 107August 3, 2021 10:50 PM

Will Cuomo's Emmy be rescinded and his book banned?

by Anonymousreply 108August 3, 2021 10:51 PM

We will give him MORE EMMYS!

by Anonymousreply 109August 3, 2021 10:53 PM

Chris Cuomo just got a book deal for his autobiography: 'Forever Fredo'

by Anonymousreply 110August 3, 2021 11:10 PM

Chris Cuomo's ratings will be off the charts tonight!

by Anonymousreply 111August 3, 2021 11:13 PM

Any word from Cuomosexuals Joy(less) Behar, Robert De Niro and Trevor Noah?

by Anonymousreply 112August 3, 2021 11:14 PM

Chris Cuomo's autobiography: 'Forever Fredo'

by Anonymousreply 113August 3, 2021 11:25 PM

Kathy Griffith got cancer and Cuomo's being pressured to resign!

by Anonymousreply 114August 3, 2021 11:27 PM

^ and a disbarred Michael Avenatti is headed to jail!

by Anonymousreply 115August 3, 2021 11:38 PM

LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

by Anonymousreply 116August 3, 2021 11:41 PM

IMPEACH! IMPEACH! IMPEACH!

by Anonymousreply 117August 3, 2021 11:41 PM

Finally read the report, with all these "serious" accusations , AG then said they are not warranted to pursue a criminal prosecution, they are still an ethic issue, why can't he survive?

by Anonymousreply 118August 4, 2021 6:16 AM

I'm not happy seeing properly elected officials being railroaded out of office. Eliot Spitzer and Al Franken come to mind.

But politics is what it is. And when the President also a Democrat says it's time to go, you know Cuomo needs to get up tomorrow morning and smell the coffee.

by Anonymousreply 119August 4, 2021 6:46 AM

Why must American politicians resign for behaving like sexual beings with other adults ?

by Anonymousreply 120August 4, 2021 7:04 AM

R118, that's not what the AG said. James’ office does not have legal jurisdiction to bring forth criminal action. Special investigator Anne Clark said Tuesday that investigators are leaving it to local authorities to decide whether any criminal charges should be brought forward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 4, 2021 3:14 PM

My office is catty-corner to governor’s office building in nyc and there’s a pretty large demonstration there at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 122August 4, 2021 3:22 PM

A demonstration against him, I assume, R122?

by Anonymousreply 123August 4, 2021 3:30 PM

When every top-ranking Demicrat all the way up to the president says resign, his only other choice is to be stubborn and suffer through an impeachment trial, and apparently they have the votes to remove him. It's up to him whether he wants to resign or be thrown out. He can always claim he was misunderstood, etc., but no one believes that (at least I don't). He also has lawsuits and a possible criminal investigation to look forward to.

by Anonymousreply 124August 4, 2021 3:35 PM

*When every top-ranking Democrat

by Anonymousreply 125August 4, 2021 3:35 PM

I’m too high up to read the signs, but guy on the bull horn sounds angry so I am assuming yes R123. Only looks like one news crew at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 126August 4, 2021 3:37 PM

[quote] My office is catty-corner to governor’s office building in nyc and there’s a pretty large demonstration there at the moment.

There’s rarely not a demonstration of some kind going on at that building. My bus stop is across the street

by Anonymousreply 127August 4, 2021 3:49 PM

Agreed R127. There was a break the first year of Mango Mussolini’s reign of terror, but lots of protests otherwise.

Anyway I heard some words “housing is a human right” so not about the grabbing.

by Anonymousreply 128August 4, 2021 3:52 PM

Thanks, R128, that's a little more significant to most people than lechery Cuomo (though he's gotta go).

by Anonymousreply 129August 4, 2021 3:54 PM

Now there are protests against Chris Cuomo demanding he resign from CNN. Is that really fair?

by Anonymousreply 130August 4, 2021 6:36 PM

R130, I haven't heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me because these full-time outrage addicts can't tell the difference between one person with the same last name and the other. Because they're fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 131August 4, 2021 6:52 PM

People LOVE being ENRAGED!

It would actually be amusing if it weren’t such a wasted of energy and resources.

Meanwhile, the actual perpetrators are off laughing at the media dramatics.

by Anonymousreply 132August 4, 2021 7:41 PM

Cuomo's chief accuser Amy Winehouse Lookalike is giving interviews and sounding more and more like a raving lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 133August 4, 2021 8:08 PM

It’s been mentioned in other threads how incredibly fucking convenient it is that both Cuomo and the hottie gov from California are truing to be pushed out.

Fuck that!

The fucking repigs are chomping at the bit to install an repig governor to pardon that asshole orange piece of shit.

Don’t know what the plan is supposed to be for California . They’ve stopped electing repigs for a long time.

Cuomo should stick around. The double standard is putrid.

by Anonymousreply 134August 4, 2021 8:24 PM

Male politicians really need to find a way to get into having guys service them.

A cockpig is discreet and you'd never have this sort of shit happen.

by Anonymousreply 135August 4, 2021 8:28 PM

Two words: Ralph Northam

by Anonymousreply 136August 4, 2021 8:51 PM

There’s an interesting legal wrinkle to this: if Cuomo is impeached, his powers as Governor are immediately suspended. The Lt. Governor acts as Governor. Cuomo can act as Governor again only if he is acquitted after the trial. This means it’s harder for Cuomo to tough it out if he’s impeached. He would lose a lot power immediately.

by Anonymousreply 137August 4, 2021 9:01 PM

Always count on Democrats to kill off their own while Republicans destroy the country.

It's truly surprising that Democrats aren't extinct.

by Anonymousreply 138August 4, 2021 9:14 PM

R138: This is why they hate us, and it's times like these that I agree with them.

School spirit, Dems!

by Anonymousreply 139August 4, 2021 9:56 PM

Northam handled his issue perfectly. He showed some humility and reached out to Black groups while refusing to resign. So he's a model for not giving in but also turning a bad situation into a learning experience (or at least the appearance of one).

Cuomo is acting more like Trump would. Not a good idea. He's convinced of his own infallibility and thinks he's untouchable. He won't show some humility in public as he, like Trump, thinks it looks weak. He's also burned a lot of bridges.

It's too bad as he is, unlike Trump, very intelligent and capable. But he's also his own worst enemy.

by Anonymousreply 140August 4, 2021 10:13 PM

Gillibrand = queen of the Karens. Someone needs to tell her to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 141August 4, 2021 10:15 PM

After Gilibrand harassed Al Franken out of the Senate, I've loathed her.

by Anonymousreply 142August 4, 2021 10:33 PM

R101, did he look at your necklace ?

by Anonymousreply 143August 4, 2021 11:17 PM

? R143

He engaged in some oddly personal, wildly inappropriate threatening behavior involving the use or withholding of public funds for failure to go along with a cover-up. And the sad part is I didn’t even know we were having a cover up. I am still not sure that the thing we were being asked to help him cover up is actually a thing or if his ego was just bruised and he’s freaking insane. And no it isn’t COVID or harassment related. It’s a whole ‘nother shoe.

by Anonymousreply 144August 4, 2021 11:42 PM

The assembly has the votes to impeach and force Cuomo out of offuce

by Anonymousreply 145August 4, 2021 11:43 PM

Power tripping, r144. Eliot Spitzer tried it too but was quickly exposed to be a long time client of escort services.

by Anonymousreply 146August 4, 2021 11:51 PM

I still haven't heard any actual reports of what he supposedly did. Most of the allegations are things like "I was uncomfortable" and other such vagueries. No need to resign.

by Anonymousreply 147August 4, 2021 11:58 PM

R147 the women allege Cuomo actually touched their private parts - and there is at least one witness that back up one of those stories of Cuomo touching a woman's privates without her consent

by Anonymousreply 148August 5, 2021 12:01 AM

One of the victims alleges he groped her. But then she posed for a selfie with him?

Bull. Shit.

by Anonymousreply 149August 5, 2021 12:03 AM

He’s toast

by Anonymousreply 150August 5, 2021 12:13 AM

If I were in NY now, I would show up with a sign to support Cuomo!

by Anonymousreply 151August 5, 2021 2:14 AM

R148 do they also define "privates" as anywhere beneath the belly button and above the knee?

by Anonymousreply 152August 5, 2021 2:19 AM

He sent COVID positive patients back to kill off the most vulnerable in nursing homes that were not equipped with PPE and ventilators a while he joked with his brother on TV with a giant swab, wrote a book and received an Emmy as 15,000 senior citizens died alone in the dark. That's the real scandal.

by Anonymousreply 153August 5, 2021 5:52 AM

One of the allegations I just heard on CNN was that he touched a woman’s back and said “Hey you…”. Sounds absolutely traumatizing.

by Anonymousreply 154August 5, 2021 8:14 AM

R153 yes indeed. He is a horrible man and made rotten decisions. I don't care about his dick or pierced nipples.

by Anonymousreply 155August 5, 2021 9:29 AM

And where would you have put the COVID positive people with Alzheimer’s who weren’t sick enough to stay in the overflowing hospitals on the verge of collapse R153? Where would you have procured the PPE in March 2020? The disaster with the nursing homes happened all over the country.

The real scandal with the nursing homes is the attempted cover up of the tragedy and the threatening of people who refused to take part in it.

Cuomo is a terrible person and people hate him for all kinds of reasons that they aren’t necessarily disclosing, but the accusation from R153 is just a right wing talking point.

You know who had ventilators? Trump and he shipped them to Russia. You know who could have provided PPE?

by Anonymousreply 156August 5, 2021 9:57 AM

R156 Trump did provide the PPE in March along with the USNS Comfort that combined with the Javits Center had 2,500 beds that went largely unused. Originally for use as a hospital the Comfort was allowed to take COVID patients as of April 6, 2020. That's where the elderly patients should have been placed. By the end of April the Comfort was sent sailing and the Javits Center still had over 1,000 beds unused. It doesn't take a genius. I don't know anything about PPE being sent to Russia, but Cuomo got it and didn't make use of it.

by Anonymousreply 157August 5, 2021 3:40 PM

Filthy repukes hate democracy.

by Anonymousreply 158August 5, 2021 4:03 PM

How strange. All those women on Twitter were calling themselves Cuomosexuals and claiming he was hot.

by Anonymousreply 159August 5, 2021 4:32 PM

Is his loud mouth brother still calling him the Love Gov? Or has he moved to to Handsy Andy?

by Anonymousreply 160August 5, 2021 4:37 PM

^ and Trevor Noah, Joy Behar, Chelsea Handler and Robert De Niro were fans/Cuomosexuals

by Anonymousreply 161August 5, 2021 4:38 PM

R157 The peak of hospital admissions in New York was the week March 29th, so April 6 was really too little too late to save the nursing home residents. And that’s even if you overlook the fact that the USS Comfort was set up to provide acute medical care, not dementia care for persons with moderate illnesses. What is this miraculous PPE donation you speak of? Please link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 5, 2021 5:09 PM

R162 People were still dying and getting infected during the spring and summer. Why not separate the sick so as not to infect the most vulnerable population? Did nursing homes have available room and staff to take care of all the sick as well s separating them from the other residents. Ever hear of quarantining? Alternatives were available.

by Anonymousreply 163August 5, 2021 5:45 PM

Quarantining isn’t really possible in nursing homes where aides take care of multiple residents and don’t have access to appropriate PPE. The aides catch it from someone in the sick ward and the next day they have to cover a shift on the we hope they aren’t infected side. And forget about the fact that there is usually on one locked memory care wing for the “wanderers.” You need completely “clean” and “dirty” nursing homes in that case which takes lots of access to COVID tests, something that was also in short supply the first few months of the pandemic so also not possible.

Anyway I am glad it doesn’t take a genius in your case, cause you might be in trouble if it did.

by Anonymousreply 164August 5, 2021 5:54 PM

R164 My point is the USNS Comfort and the Javits Center should have ben used to quarantine the recovering nursing home patients instead of ordering them back to the senior residents which is what Cuomo did. What's not clear about that? 15,000 died because of his bungling and from the beginning of the pandemic it was clear that COVID-19 was far more of a threat to those over 70 than the rest of the population.

by Anonymousreply 165August 5, 2021 6:11 PM

R162 April was too late to save nursing home residents. I remember people dying and visitors expected to quarantine all through the summer and fines being given to restaurants, beauty parlors and gyms that defied regulations. People were still be infected and dying in May, June, July . ..

by Anonymousreply 166August 5, 2021 6:18 PM

The Comfort was restricted from taking Covid patients. The plan was to transfer non Covid patients to the ship to free up hospital space. Imagine what a logistical nightmare that would have been.

by Anonymousreply 167August 5, 2021 6:36 PM

None of the nursing home residents could be appropriately tested because testing was in very short supply during the first months…thanks to the many failures of the Dump Administration.

by Anonymousreply 168August 5, 2021 6:45 PM

R167 As of April 6, 2020 the USNS Comfort was approved for use by COVID patients since between that and the Javits Center there were 2,500 beds of which less than a third were being used. And was ordering sent back to nursing homes any less of a nightmare?

by Anonymousreply 169August 5, 2021 8:09 PM

Didn't the CDC recommend that recovered COVID patients be returned to their nursing homes?

by Anonymousreply 170August 5, 2021 8:44 PM

R170 Yes, but not patients who had not recovered or were still positive. And Cuomo ordered them all patients sent back which is unfortunate since he had the resources to do otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 171August 5, 2021 8:49 PM

R167 and what about the logistical nightmare of storing thousands of bodies in refrigerated trucks? As of May 2021 there were something like 750 bodies still in trucks in NY.

by Anonymousreply 172August 5, 2021 9:06 PM

70% of New York voters say Cuomo should resign, majority thinks he should be charged with a crime-CNBC 7.6.2021

Author, Emmy winner and killer of the elderly is officially toast!

by Anonymousreply 173August 6, 2021 9:04 PM

'This is day 4 of the Cuomo death watch' -Bill Maher

by Anonymousreply 174August 7, 2021 5:33 AM

'Just get the hell out of the way' -Lurch De Blasio to Andrew Cuomo

by Anonymousreply 175August 7, 2021 5:42 AM

Pretty funny to think Cuomo will be out of office before De Blasio.

by Anonymousreply 176August 7, 2021 2:16 PM

and he might be heading to the court room or even worse a prison!

by Anonymousreply 177August 7, 2021 3:04 PM

Cuomo is such a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 178August 7, 2021 3:23 PM

Ex-mobster Sammy 'the bull' Gravano said Cuomo 'Killed more people than the Mafia with COVID policies'

by Anonymousreply 179August 9, 2021 9:29 PM

Cuomo should resist all the calls for resignation and just fill his cabinet with Italian, Russian, and Dominican goons.

by Anonymousreply 180August 10, 2021 6:08 AM

Resigned lots of press gathering outside midtown office

by Anonymousreply 181August 10, 2021 4:17 PM

Republicans laughing and cheering

by Anonymousreply 182August 10, 2021 4:33 PM

R182 - He gave them the ammo. Blame him.

by Anonymousreply 183August 10, 2021 4:34 PM

R182 Lots of Dems cheering as well they went after him and called for his resignation as much as anyone else and that includes the Democratic Mayor of NYC and President Biden.

by Anonymousreply 184August 10, 2021 4:47 PM

And the cocks crowed thrice at dawn . . .

And with this blot on the Cuomo name, any wagers on how long it will take the NY State Legislature to start rolling out those bills, which were already being written, to restore the name of Tappan Zee Bridge and get the name Cuomo off the bridge?

by Anonymousreply 185August 10, 2021 4:57 PM

Cuomo Resigns Amid Scandals, Ending Decade-Long Run in Disgrace

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186August 10, 2021 9:00 PM

R182, every leftie i know is crying hallelujah at thuis resignation. The only person i know was my gestapo loving sister

by Anonymousreply 187August 10, 2021 9:13 PM

Biden was also accused.

Should he resign?

by Anonymousreply 188August 11, 2021 12:48 AM

when a scandal hits, only democrats are required to resign, the republicans can stay as long as they want, this strange "narrative" needs to be changed. Even Cuomo is a toast now, but I hope he sticks around as long as possible!

by Anonymousreply 189August 11, 2021 12:52 AM

R188, that isn't even close to an analogy.

by Anonymousreply 190August 11, 2021 12:57 AM

R189, Cuomo will be around for another 14 days.

by Anonymousreply 191August 11, 2021 12:58 AM

Dump gets away with everything = I voted for him 3 times

by Anonymousreply 192August 11, 2021 3:38 AM

What a difference a few months made! So much for the predictive powers of DLers. The COVID Governor who along with brother Fredo made COVID about them have become pariahs. The Cuomo dynasty is finished!

by Anonymousreply 193November 13, 2021 5:28 AM

Whoopi has news:

"Andrew, you in danger girl!"

by Anonymousreply 194November 13, 2021 3:04 PM

R147 so much for prophecy!

by Anonymousreply 195November 13, 2021 6:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!