Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis nude photo

...being offered on ebay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349April 18, 2021 9:41 PM

The ebay page

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2021 12:53 PM

The one on the left looks uncut.

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2021 12:54 PM

what the fuck is that about?

by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2021 12:56 PM

The paper it’s printed on looks old, but that still doesn’t make it real.

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2021 12:59 PM

It doesn't make it real but then that's excellent photo shop.

The one I couldn't take was Deborah Kerr. Her topless scene in Gypsy Moths was a real disappointment. Now instead of a nun I'll be looking at a middle aged woman flashing her tits.

by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2021 1:04 PM

What makes it so good is that that bodies match the era perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2021 1:08 PM

It's not photoshop

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2021 1:13 PM

So Dean Martin was uncut?

by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2021 1:16 PM

Fun fact, in the uncropped version Helen Lawson is on her knees, wearing a sequinned pirate's hat.

by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2021 1:17 PM

R8 He doesn't look uncut, what are you people talking about?

by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2021 1:22 PM

It wasn't common for American-born children of Italians to be cut in the early 20th century. My grandfather and his brothers were uncut. One of his brothers was cut while in the military due to foreskin discomfort.

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2021 1:27 PM

Fake.

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2021 1:29 PM

My god, why are people so obsessed with cut/uncut, it makes me crazy

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2021 1:58 PM

Lewis was cute when he was young. I would have done him.

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2021 2:06 PM

Evans Archive seems to be perfectly legit (I've purchased from them before) but this looks like old photo editing, with heads pasted on bodies and a new print struck, probably back in the 1950s or 1960s.

Not saying it's impossible, but it would be a weird thing for them to do. For what reason?

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2021 2:15 PM

Jerry's torso doesn't look right in the photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2021 2:19 PM

I also don't think Dean was ever that skinny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2021 2:21 PM

Did Dean have so little body hair?

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2021 2:22 PM

It doesn't make any sense for them to have done a picture like this. Even as a gag for their friends it would have been too risky.

by Anonymousreply 19April 11, 2021 2:40 PM

So Dean was the top, and Jerry the bottom?

by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2021 3:51 PM

The winning bidder DOESN’T get a copy sent to them.

by Anonymousreply 21April 11, 2021 4:03 PM

Definitely photoshopped.

The bodies (especially the one on the right) look more like a contemporary body.

And I think some of those plumbing fixtures behind them are not from that era, either.

by Anonymousreply 22April 11, 2021 4:07 PM

I think the faucet looks vintage enough, but I don't know that any American faucets had cold on the left like that one does.

Does ANY English-speaking country have cold on the left like that?

by Anonymousreply 23April 11, 2021 4:15 PM

Dean Martin was uncut and so was his son Dean Paul Martin (born 1951.) Desi Arnaz Jr. remarked years ago about Dean Paul and Desi Jr. being uncircumcised at a time when all their peers in Hollywood were circumcised. He made some remark asking "Is Doctor Spock Jewish?"

by Anonymousreply 24April 11, 2021 4:20 PM

What about this shot here? Real or fake?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 11, 2021 4:26 PM

Jerry is making one of his "signature" faces in both photos, which makes me think the face comes from an actual promotional photo.

I'm gonna get laughed at probably, but in the OP's photo, Dean has had his 2nd nose job already, and I don't think Jerry was wearing his early buzz cut by then. When Jerry had hair like that, Dean still had a big nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 11, 2021 4:38 PM

There's a whole series of photos in the Life Magazine archives of male celebrities taking nude showers. It was a thing at that time and it was also understood that no magazine would run anything uncropped.

These are likely real.

by Anonymousreply 27April 11, 2021 4:46 PM

Who besides Pat Boone did Life Magazine feature nude in the shower, though?

There was an ass shot of Steve McQueen wandering around drunk near the pool, too. That's all I can find.

If Life Magazine had Dean Martin's cock in full display at some point, I think we would have heard about it before now.

by Anonymousreply 28April 11, 2021 4:54 PM

I expected a bigger dick on Dean.

by Anonymousreply 29April 11, 2021 5:28 PM

No way that photo is real.

by Anonymousreply 30April 11, 2021 5:32 PM

Dean's l'il Italian salami looks promising.

Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 31April 11, 2021 5:35 PM

R28, I think what R27 was getting at is Life magazine would've published cropped photos, but this particular photo being circulated is the uncropped version. It could be from a set of proofs meant to be destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 32April 11, 2021 5:36 PM

R8 R10

Either a short foreskin or a really lose circumcision. The glans is partially hugged by skin in the photo.

by Anonymousreply 33April 11, 2021 5:39 PM

The whole boys together at the Finlandia baths pictorial was a genre unto itself. Getting handsome male stars together semi-nude... who came up with that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 11, 2021 5:48 PM

Thank r32, I get what you're saying now.

There was a series of photos of Dean and Jerry at the El Mirador hotel in 1952, including a shower photo, but it doesn't look to be the same shower as the one in the OP's photo.

But maybe it was edited? I'll post an edit I found on a movie blog in a second...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 11, 2021 5:55 PM

The photo at OP is fake. And Dean looks so hot in the pool at R17!

by Anonymousreply 36April 11, 2021 5:55 PM

A movie blog called Classic Movie Hub has this in their Pinterest, so maybe this IS a full photo from the El Mirador shoot in 1952?

But what skeevy asshole developed the whole photo and kept it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 11, 2021 5:56 PM

Why is everyone in such shock and disbelieve that two comedians would take a humorous shower pic together? Life magazine published nude pics of Pat Boone taking a shower.

by Anonymousreply 38April 11, 2021 6:07 PM

Op's photo looks real to me.

Look at Jerry Lewis...where would you find a photo of him face with water on his face like that. Even the expression perfectly matches his pose. That's not Photoshop.

And Dean born in 1917 to an Italian father would not have been circumcised.

by Anonymousreply 39April 11, 2021 6:09 PM

and why would anyone bother to Photoshop these two?

by Anonymousreply 40April 11, 2021 6:11 PM

^^Look at Jerry Lewis...where would you find a photo of him with water on his face like that.

by Anonymousreply 41April 11, 2021 6:11 PM

If it was going to be cropped anyway, why weren't they in shorts?

I looked up some of those photos from the El Mirador health club and while they are shirtless and in a shower, Dean doesn't look as thin and Jerry doesn't have that zit on his face.

by Anonymousreply 42April 11, 2021 6:30 PM

In what I assume was the published version of the photo they airbrushed out the zit and the water on their faces, so weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 11, 2021 6:34 PM

Men cared less about being nude in front of each other back then, so a photo like this doesn't surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 44April 11, 2021 6:37 PM

The photo at R25 doesn't look fake (and why would anyone fabricate that specifically?), and they're all nude. So OP's photo could be authentic.

by Anonymousreply 45April 11, 2021 6:40 PM

Men swimming in the nude and showering together wasn't seen as odd back then. It appears that the more visible homosexuality became in the public eye the more fearful men became about being perceived as gay. So that behavior stopped.

by Anonymousreply 46April 11, 2021 6:47 PM

Stars would not have allowed themselves to be photographed nude.

by Anonymousreply 47April 11, 2021 6:59 PM

r46, pretty much, this isn't gay as silly for the mores of the time

by Anonymousreply 48April 11, 2021 7:01 PM

The picture goes great with this audio

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 11, 2021 8:13 PM

What is so odd is how so quickly it changed from men be extremely comfortable around each other naked talking, joking and getting rowdy in locker rooms to being a bunch of blushing shy maidens in Sunday school.

by Anonymousreply 50April 11, 2021 9:28 PM

You were a fag if you DIDN'T want to be seen naked around other men. Yeah that's how they found you. WRONG! At least in my case.

by Anonymousreply 51April 11, 2021 9:32 PM

You also had to swim naked in the Y pool. It sounds like a gay man's paradise.

by Anonymousreply 52April 11, 2021 9:35 PM

[quote]What is so odd is how so quickly it changed from men be extremely comfortable around each other naked talking, joking and getting rowdy in locker rooms to being a bunch of blushing shy maidens in Sunday school.

Gay liberation changed everything.

by Anonymousreply 53April 11, 2021 9:39 PM

Here's one of Bobby Darin in the shower. It's pretty clearly edited. Who knew there was such a demand for celeb shower pics in 1959!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 11, 2021 9:42 PM

At the 12:45 mark in this video of Dean on Carson, he says something about how he, Frank Sinatra, and some others were all going to get in Frank’s bed and watch something during a party. Dean also makes a flirtatious joke with Bob Hope not long after the 16:45 mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 11, 2021 9:46 PM

Wasn’t there a famous photo of Sal Mineo in the shower? Perhaps it really was a thing then.

by Anonymousreply 56April 11, 2021 9:51 PM

[quote] Stars would not have allowed themselves to be photographed nude.

I think it depends on the situation. An official photoshoot by a magazine (like, say, Life magazine?) would mean that nothing image damaging or scandalous would be released and the pictures would be ok'd by the actor's manager and movie studio which has the actor in an exclusive contract. And nobody else would have access to the negatives (or they'd be destroyed or archived and never seen again).

by Anonymousreply 57April 11, 2021 9:51 PM

Alleged James Dean

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 11, 2021 9:52 PM

Seems fake to me. I don't think Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis would have been caught dead being photographed naked together. And Jerry appears to be masturbating! No, I don't think that photo is real by a long shot.

The photo of James Dean naked is fake. I think that's been verified a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 59April 11, 2021 9:59 PM

r54 That fat ass is Pat Boone, not Bobby Darin. Darin was a skinny little twerp.

Here's Boone showing his dick for Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 11, 2021 10:00 PM

Boone is still being filmed in the shower even today. I just saw him in a commercial for one of those old people bathtubs.

by Anonymousreply 61April 11, 2021 10:06 PM

I recall seeing naked pics of Sal Mineo who posed nude for some art exhibit and who may have also been photographed naked in some off broadway production. I also saw a photo of Yul Brynner posing nude somewhere. I don't think I saved them but they are probably online somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 62April 11, 2021 10:08 PM

Brynner is a classic and has been around for a while.

by Anonymousreply 63April 11, 2021 10:18 PM

r53 lesbian separatists laying out the foundation for modern feminism and penis envy... castrating every male only space. they hated homos, sure, but hated all male spaces... especially that with homoerotic fun. hence, their never ending war on frats and other men only social clubs - lad behavior... even with calls for politicians to pass laws for blokes to sit down to pee.

by Anonymousreply 64April 11, 2021 10:27 PM

r62 it's common enough in theatre no one bats an eye... film, modeling, too. military was nuts to butts but too many shy kids now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 11, 2021 10:30 PM

Dean Martin's meat looks kinda thick.

by Anonymousreply 66April 11, 2021 10:36 PM

[quote]Seems fake to me. I don't think Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis would have been caught dead being photographed naked together. And Jerry appears to be masturbating! No, I don't think that photo is real by a long shot.

Impossible to fake that.

The photo is real.

Note Jerry Lewis's hair pattern on his torso.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 11, 2021 10:37 PM

The OP's photo is real. You guys are all too young to get what the world was like back in 1952.

The other photo of Jerry and Dean in the sauna with the other two gents shows us just how skinny Jerry was and how hairless Dean was. The same bodies in both photos (except for Dean's tan).

A lot of the comedy that Martin and Lewis did as a team was based on a weird but silly "infatuation" that Jerry had for Dean and I think they are mocking that vibe in the shower photo, no doubt thinking that the full photo would never see the light of day because back then it would have been considered indecent. I wouldn't be surprised if we had the patience to view all of their films as a team, we would find this scene in one them (albeit shot from the waists up).

by Anonymousreply 68April 11, 2021 10:38 PM

Another

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 11, 2021 10:39 PM

Sharing a kiss:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 11, 2021 10:41 PM

It's sad that Jerry died a bitter old man. He looks somewhat attractive in some of these pics.

by Anonymousreply 71April 11, 2021 10:42 PM

I went to the EBAY listing and looked at the seller's other listings. There is a whole series of photos of Dean and Jerry at some celebrity charity softball game.....on the field and in the locker room with other guys. This photo seems to be just one in a series from that day.

Yes, it's real.

by Anonymousreply 72April 11, 2021 10:48 PM

Here's Life magazine's cropped one of Mickey Rooney.

You guys saying the Martin-Lewis one is photoshopped are nuts. And you're the same people who drool over all (and there are dozens) of fake/altered pics of celebrities that show a big package. OP's pic is not photoshopped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 11, 2021 10:51 PM

R72 oh good, as long as you say so, that’s all we need.

by Anonymousreply 74April 11, 2021 10:54 PM

All nude photos of famous men are fakes!

by Anonymousreply 75April 11, 2021 10:54 PM

R74 Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 76April 11, 2021 10:56 PM

IT WENT $4,494 BUCKS!

by Anonymousreply 77April 11, 2021 11:05 PM

It just sold for $4494.99

by Anonymousreply 78April 11, 2021 11:06 PM

What do you do with that, once you’ve spent $4500 on it? Reprint it? Blow it up and sell posters on eBay? Unless you bought the negative, you can’t control reprints and really that doesn’t mean much anymore, because who knows if a copy wasn’t made before it was sold?

by Anonymousreply 79April 11, 2021 11:13 PM

[quote] Wasn’t there a famous photo of Sal Mineo in the shower? Perhaps it really was a thing then.

Here is the Sal Mineo shower photo. Not sure if it's fluffed, retracted, or fake, but it sure looks different from The New Adam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 11, 2021 11:25 PM

Sal Mineo, The New Adam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 11, 2021 11:25 PM

Composite = Photoshop.

by Anonymousreply 82April 11, 2021 11:27 PM

That ole queen J.Edgar Hoover had a file on the 'degenerate homosexuals" Martin and Lewis. They were both Dems in the 50's. Bet Edgar wanked to this photo.

by Anonymousreply 83April 11, 2021 11:31 PM

The weird and biased views about how men think and feel about nudity, being nude with other men, being nude in photos and the rest are strange. As noted, (straight) men are often/usually socially at ease with have their clothes off with each other, and are not standoffish about physical proximity.

I was a shy boy and gay from the start. My father encouraged my brother and me to be at ease without being pushy. He took me into locker rooms to meet people and I saw the "no big deal" attitude. Locker rooms and showers in school from 6th grade on, skinny dipping with friends, steam rooms, and shower rooms when I worked my way through college at a factory - it wasn't nothing. It was comfortable and gave a great sense of (usually) straight male-male relationships. Even in the factory, when other men saw my then-heartthrob waiting for me under a streetlight at 11:30 at night when we got off, I got no crap other than the usual stupid jokes. "He dropped the soap!" kinds of silliness, which they invariably did with each other, too.

And since Lewis was in love with Martin, of course he'd do anything he could to play the "good guy pals" routine. It would have been ridiculous to be wet in a shower while - what? - wearing trousers? underwear? jock straps?

Lewis famously had a small cock, and his own embarrassment at that can be seen in the two photos, as he hides his genitals in both of them.

by Anonymousreply 84April 11, 2021 11:33 PM

[quote] Locker rooms and showers in school from 6th grade on, skinny dipping with friends, steam rooms, and shower rooms when I worked my way through college at a factory

Perhaps these things will be gone for good post covid. 😔

by Anonymousreply 85April 11, 2021 11:42 PM

Thanks for the vindication, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 86April 11, 2021 11:49 PM

How many of you saved the pic to masturbate to later on?

by Anonymousreply 87April 11, 2021 11:52 PM

Is there a Life magazine thread on this?

by Anonymousreply 88April 12, 2021 12:06 AM

'Locker rooms and showers in school from 6th grade on, skinny dipping with friends, steam rooms, and shower rooms when I worked my way through college at a factory.'

These things are gone for good.

by Anonymousreply 89April 12, 2021 12:16 AM

[quote]Blow it up and sell posters on eBay?

YEAH!

by Anonymousreply 90April 12, 2021 1:14 AM

r89 still exist in many locations...

by Anonymousreply 91April 12, 2021 3:05 AM

Locker rooms and showers in school are gone for good?

by Anonymousreply 92April 12, 2021 3:22 AM

R92 they are gone because of covid and aren’t likely to make a comeback anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 93April 12, 2021 3:35 AM

It looks real to me and so does the James Dean photo.

I can completely see them goofing around doing that photo. There is so much stuff celebrities did that would shock the average person if they knew. Not that their photo is shocking.

by Anonymousreply 94April 12, 2021 3:50 AM

The Yul Brynner nudes were taken by George Platt Lynes for his private collection and weren't supposed to see the light of day. Lynes' friends had thought he burned all the negatives of his male nude collection upon learning he had terminal cancer, but somehow these made their way to the Kinsey Institute after his death in 1955.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 12, 2021 4:08 AM

Did Dean and Jerry ever fuck?

by Anonymousreply 96April 12, 2021 4:14 AM

Rock Hudson in the shower for Life Magazine. Somewhere someone's got the uncropped shot in their private collection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 12, 2021 4:14 AM

Another one of Rock from the shower set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 12, 2021 4:15 AM

[quote] Rock Hudson in the shower for Life Magazine. Somewhere someone's got the uncropped shot in their private collection.

Would it have been part of the James Dean estate?

by Anonymousreply 99April 12, 2021 4:54 AM

I admit the wicked teen Sal Mineo in his seductive mood would have tempted most men to skirt propriety and, perhaps, legality.

by Anonymousreply 100April 12, 2021 5:17 AM

Yul reminds me of Nureyev.

by Anonymousreply 101April 12, 2021 5:19 AM

Sal had a nice big hog.

by Anonymousreply 102April 12, 2021 5:20 AM

r96 no, they only shared bunks in a single bed.

youth have been spoiled by the internet and celebrity..

back in my day, getting started in the business meant touring and touring meant sharing showerhead, waking up with dick breath and shitting in a coffee can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 12, 2021 5:22 AM

[quote]Impossible to fake that.

Not impossible to fake at all. Ridiculous thing to say.

There were cropped copies of this photo around on the internet before this showed up on eBay, which is why I changed my mind and decided it was real.

The question, though, is why they were completely nude when it was going to be cropped. Saying they knew it would be cropped so they didn't bother wearing shorts doesn't cut it; it's obviously cold, they're in towels or shorts in the other photos, and Jerry is purposely making it look like he's jerking off. It's odd, and it's no wonder people question just what's going on here.

If this was just the spa photo then I'd agree that it was simply a different time, but the OP photo is a whole other situation.

by Anonymousreply 104April 12, 2021 10:29 AM

Victor Mature:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 12, 2021 1:10 PM

Burt Lancaster:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 12, 2021 1:12 PM

Burt Lancaster:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 12, 2021 1:13 PM

It's blowing my mind that there was a time that Jerry Lewis was hot. But indeed he was.

He was just such a bloated, ignorant, bigoted, overblown twat in later years.

by Anonymousreply 108April 12, 2021 2:03 PM

According to Hollywood lore - and the novel WHERE THE TRUTH LIES based on an incident in Martin & Lewis' career - it was Dean who wanted to fuck Jerry, who always said no.

The one time when it almost happened, both drunk, Jerry escaped Dean and shortly after their partnership was over.

Lou Costello also gave them this advice: "Never let your wives socialize or be friends. They'll cause trouble between you and break you up as a team."

by Anonymousreply 109April 12, 2021 2:09 PM

R104 I have worked in Photoshop for the last 20 years.

Please explain to me how in the world that photo could possibly be Photoshopped.

You would need to find a photo of a body with the same hair pattern as Jerry Lewis, find a photo of Lewis' head that could match the pose and situation. You would have to make sure the lighting and tones match up. You would need to match graining, create water etc.

Everything in that photo flawlessly matches up. Even if you could find all of the right elements and skillfully cobble them together, a trained eye would be able to detect the manipulation.

by Anonymousreply 110April 12, 2021 4:13 PM

It’s definitely Lewis’ body.

by Anonymousreply 111April 12, 2021 4:16 PM

Don't know much about photoshop but I would imagine it would be even harder to match up Dean's head with the creases under his chin that are getting pulled from his posture. But then, I've always said the photo is real, in any case.

by Anonymousreply 112April 12, 2021 5:20 PM

Maybe those Rock Hudson nudes will surface one day.

by Anonymousreply 113April 12, 2021 7:38 PM

So, they were secret lovers?

by Anonymousreply 114April 12, 2021 7:39 PM

JERRY LEWIS WAS A VICIOUS HOMOPHOBE!!!

by Anonymousreply 115April 12, 2021 7:42 PM

r115 - yes, we know Sandra...

by Anonymousreply 116April 12, 2021 10:25 PM

Yul Brynner's naked pics are still the best:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 13, 2021 12:00 PM

etc, etc, etc

by Anonymousreply 118April 13, 2021 1:55 PM

I can't believe everyone is still speculating whether or not this image is photoshopped as if it is UNHEARD OF for two men to take a shower together.

and why would anyone take the time to photoshop Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis?!

by Anonymousreply 119April 13, 2021 3:39 PM

Unless they're gay it's unheard of today.

by Anonymousreply 120April 13, 2021 7:48 PM

It was a different time then. Straight guys routinely got naked in front of each other in gym showers and other places.

by Anonymousreply 121April 13, 2021 7:51 PM

It sounds like some posters have never spent much time around straight men. Specifically, boys, adolescent men, and emotionally immature adult men. "Horsing around" is a form of bonding that allows men to deflect their anxieties and phobias about potential same-sex attractions as well as discomfort about one's one exposed body. So straight dudes get physically playful in locker rooms, showers, steam rooms, anyplace they might be undressed together. There are a number of photos of GIs horsing around in the shower, etc. during WW 2, for example, where the daily stress level must have been insane.

Presumably, Martin and Lewis traveled together for years and probably shared dressing rooms, hotel rooms and bathrooms in their early days. They would have established a code of behavior with one another and a familiarity with one another's bodies. The photo was staged for a camera, but it's completely in character for the two of them. How is that so shocking to some of you?

by Anonymousreply 122April 13, 2021 8:03 PM

Do we think they ever sucked each other off?

by Anonymousreply 123April 13, 2021 8:12 PM

During WWII, people were used to seeing men happily bathing together. It would have been odd for men not to shower together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 13, 2021 8:15 PM

They just don't make gang showers like they used to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 13, 2021 8:44 PM

I assume high school and junior high school locker rooms stiill have community showers. Don't they? Is behavior very different in them now than when I was a teen (in the 60s and 70s), which could be rowdy but not sexual??

by Anonymousreply 126April 13, 2021 8:56 PM

It’s called “Deep Fakes” you idiots. Of course it isn’t real. The resolution alone tells you that.

Fuck you people are a moronic bunch.

by Anonymousreply 127April 13, 2021 9:01 PM

R127 You are very wrong.

by Anonymousreply 128April 13, 2021 9:09 PM

[quote]The resolution alone tells you that.

You are so dumb that you don't seem to notice that we are seeing a photo posted on Ebay of the photo. The photo of the photo was probably done with a cell phone.

Of course the resolution is poor.

by Anonymousreply 129April 13, 2021 9:14 PM

Why would you buy the picture? We all have it now.

by Anonymousreply 130April 13, 2021 9:29 PM

If they have those communal showers they are no longer used. When I was in high school you had to take a shower. It was a law of the school. Now it is no longer a requirement because it is an infringement on individual rights so nobody takes showers and that includes sports teams. After playing you put on deodorant get dressed and go home to shower.

I have no problem believing Martin and Lewis showered to together in communal showers but not together in one shower. Maybe this was done purposely as a joke. Or maybe it's a fake. In either case I don't find either attractive.

by Anonymousreply 131April 13, 2021 9:32 PM

When I was in high school in the 90s nobody showered.

by Anonymousreply 132April 13, 2021 10:11 PM

Dean had a big juicy one.

by Anonymousreply 133April 13, 2021 11:05 PM

I never thought I'd say this, but:

Damn, I'd love to go back in time and suck Dean Martin's cock.

by Anonymousreply 134April 13, 2021 11:17 PM

R134, that’s amore!

by Anonymousreply 135April 13, 2021 11:19 PM

In spite of all the naysayers here who were probably not alive during Dean's hey day (1952-1972), he was considered a major male sex symbol, if not by contemporary gays, certainly by straight women. Similar physical appeal to Robert Mitchum, but not surly.

by Anonymousreply 136April 13, 2021 11:41 PM

Hey, r136, he wasn't always surly. And he, too, was a recording artist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 14, 2021 12:12 AM

I dunno, R136. My mother and all her friends considered Martin, "greasy." In the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 138April 14, 2021 1:31 AM

Well, he was no Tom Jones that’s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 139April 14, 2021 1:54 AM

My only surprise is their thin bodies. I guess men wore those giant suits and shoulder pads in the '50s that made them seem larger.

by Anonymousreply 140April 14, 2021 2:03 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141April 14, 2021 2:10 AM

Unmutilated dongs are hot.

by Anonymousreply 142April 14, 2021 2:26 AM

R141 I can't bear Lewis.

People who are mentally-retarded shouldn't be used as the butt for jokes.

by Anonymousreply 143April 14, 2021 2:35 AM

Comparing the clip at R141 to the photo, that is obviously really their naked bodies. Jerry's slightly furry torso and Dean's smooth one are a dead giveaway.

by Anonymousreply 144April 14, 2021 2:52 AM

Jerry had a big ol' bush and hairy balls.

by Anonymousreply 145April 14, 2021 3:12 AM

Which one went up inside the other?

by Anonymousreply 146April 14, 2021 3:18 AM

R141 At the opening, the furry guy behind Jerry Lewis is Vince Edwards (Ben Casey,).

He did nude modeling too.

by Anonymousreply 147April 14, 2021 3:20 AM

Vince

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 14, 2021 3:28 AM

Lewis’s chest in the video and photo are identical, so it’s conclusive proof.

by Anonymousreply 149April 14, 2021 9:12 AM

I like how touchy-feely Dean is in that clip.

by Anonymousreply 150April 14, 2021 11:43 AM

Good catch R147.

by Anonymousreply 151April 14, 2021 11:44 AM

Yech.

by Anonymousreply 152April 14, 2021 11:48 AM

Are there no grand children or great grand children on Twitter we can ask for verification?

by Anonymousreply 153April 14, 2021 11:52 AM

[quote]The photo was staged for a camera, but it's completely in character for the two of them. How is that so shocking to some of you?

No one was shocked and I don't know why people like you keep scolding us as if anyone was.

As about a million people have already said, it would be weird to take the photos nude when all the other photos of them from that 1952 photo shoot have them in towels or shorts. If it's going to be cropped anyway, why go nude? Why give the photographer potentially embarrassing photos of you?

And despite what the alleged expert earlier says, no, the photo does not "match flawlessly" with the others. Dean looks 25 lbs thinner in the shower photo than he does in this photo taken the same day at the same place, where he's sucking in that gut and some primitive background editing was done that helps cut down the size of his waist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154April 14, 2021 12:02 PM

[quote]Maybe this was done purposely as a joke.

Yeah, it appears to be a humorous photo spread of them at a health spa, to coincide with the release of the movie Jumping Jacks in 1952.

There's a little collage of some of the photos here, they're kind of hard to find individual photos of, but the one of them having their heads pushed down by a coach (I'm assuming) is one I've seen before. Like I said before, I thought these were fake at first but now think they're legit, but that doesn't mean I don't have questions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155April 14, 2021 12:10 PM

[quote]When I was in high school in the 90s nobody showered.

No one showered after gym class but my brother was on the football team and they showered after games, this is probably only because they’d go out afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 156April 14, 2021 12:52 PM

More?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157April 14, 2021 4:51 PM

[quote]And despite what the alleged expert earlier says, no, the photo does not "match flawlessly" with the others. Dean looks 25 lbs thinner in the shower photo than he does in this photo taken the same day at the same place, where he's sucking in that gut and some primitive background editing was done that helps cut down the size of his waist.

You really don't know what you are talking about.

In the photo you posted Dean is positioned in profile. In the nude photo his torso is twisted at the waist. That is a position that "slims" us all.

The photo matches flawlessly.

by Anonymousreply 158April 14, 2021 4:52 PM

Also in the nude photo Dean has his shoulders positioned inward, concaving his chest. In your photo his arms are at his side and positioned backwards with his chest out.

by Anonymousreply 159April 14, 2021 4:55 PM

I disagree with r154 and I’m tired of listening to him.

by Anonymousreply 160April 14, 2021 5:01 PM

Hurrell would always get his subjects to flash their junk at the end of s session.

It was the lighting on Norma Shearer's clitoris that snagged her Irving Thalberg.

by Anonymousreply 161April 14, 2021 5:05 PM

Put me on ignore, r160. More DLers need to use ignore! It's there, people need to use it, learn to love it.

by Anonymousreply 162April 14, 2021 5:07 PM

R157 is just further proof.

by Anonymousreply 163April 14, 2021 5:13 PM

Cocks were naturally bigger and thicker back then.

by Anonymousreply 164April 14, 2021 5:28 PM

They were also key wound, r164.

by Anonymousreply 165April 14, 2021 5:29 PM

We had mandatory showers after gym in junior high school. I remember the first day (7th grade) how weird it was seeing all my male classmates and guys I was in scouts with naked for the first time. I remember a teacher, Mr. Robinson (who was also a deacon at our church), monitoring the showers and checking out all the naked boys. It was very creepy. They would never allow this nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 166April 14, 2021 5:35 PM

That's exactly as I remember it, r166.

And 7th grade is such a delicate time in a boy's puberty, as the age of 12-13 is generally when pubic hair develops. So I can sadly remember those without it (not me!) mocked by those with it.

by Anonymousreply 167April 14, 2021 6:25 PM

I also showered in my junior high school years, except that I wore glasses and the whole thing was a goddamn blur to me

by Anonymousreply 168April 14, 2021 6:46 PM

r157 Try to keep up, dear.

by Anonymousreply 169April 14, 2021 6:51 PM

Middle school in the late 80s/high school in the early 90s here. Nobody showered, it would've been too weird. Parents would've been calling the school and hysterical if we'd been forced to take showers. I guess the 80s changed everything.

by Anonymousreply 170April 14, 2021 6:51 PM

I think you really can draw a line between pre-Reagan Era/post-Reagan Era for so many things in our society. The 80s were like the beginning of our modern era.

by Anonymousreply 171April 14, 2021 6:52 PM

[quote] We had mandatory showers after gym in junior high school. I remember the first day (7th grade) how weird it was seeing all my male classmates and guys I was in scouts with naked for the first time.

Same here, except that I'd been to camp the summer before and we had communal showers and guys were always getting naked in the cabin while changing in and out of their swimsuits, so when school started up, it was no big deal for me to strip down, but a lot of the guys were reticent at first.

I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, but my brain has permanently preserved what each of my classmates looked like naked. If only I could've somehow used those brain cells to memorize the periodic table of elements instead, maybe I wouldn't have gotten a C- in chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 172April 14, 2021 11:23 PM

When will the Crosby/Hope shower scene pictures be released?

by Anonymousreply 173April 14, 2021 11:32 PM

I refused to shower in middle school for fear of getting a boner. It was easy to hide and get dressed without anyone noticing because of the configuration of the lockers, But the guys who did were whooping it up and hollering and laughing. I think they were even sliding in the floor like baby seals.

By the time of high school there was no hiding and everyone did it. And I had no problem avoiding boners. You got used to it real fast and once you did there was no problem. It was like washing your hands in a restroom. Not weird at all. I think it says something about our society today that after many thousands of years it has become weird.

by Anonymousreply 174April 14, 2021 11:33 PM

When will the Newman/Redford shower scene pictures be released?

by Anonymousreply 175April 14, 2021 11:54 PM

r172=pedo

by Anonymousreply 176April 14, 2021 11:58 PM

Wait, r174, are you saying the high school boys had visible boners as the they whooped in up in the showers and it was all cheerily accepted??

by Anonymousreply 177April 15, 2021 12:03 AM

High school boners could not be more inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 178April 15, 2021 12:04 AM

When will the Laurel & Hardy shower scene pictures be released?

by Anonymousreply 179April 15, 2021 12:14 AM

You people are a bit of a strain. I didn't mean everyone was whooping it up with boners in the high school showers. You know very well I meant that by the time of high school I was not getting automatic boners. I wasn't getting them at all in showers and as we were older and everyone was used to it the most that happened was towel snapping at bare asses which I assume is a lost art.

by Anonymousreply 180April 15, 2021 12:39 AM

When will the Murray and Lou Grant shower scene pictures be released?

by Anonymousreply 181April 15, 2021 12:51 AM

In the 70's a lot of shy boys showered in their tighty-whities

by Anonymousreply 182April 15, 2021 1:01 AM

In film Where The Truth Lies (2005). Colin Firth and Kevin Bacon play vaguely Martin and Lewis characters. During a three-way Firth/Martin tries to fuck Bacon/Lewis. Comedy gold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 15, 2021 1:09 AM

HOTT r183!

by Anonymousreply 184April 15, 2021 1:13 AM

Where are The Beatles/ Ed Sullivan pics?

by Anonymousreply 185April 15, 2021 1:17 AM

In 7th grade I showered with other guys naked for the first time. This was the first time I have ever seen an uncut dick. I thought he had had a terrible accident and everything was just deformed down there from it. Later I saw him unsheath himself in the shower. Somebody must have explained things to me. I ended up stealing his jock strap and jerked off into it. Then I returned it and he ended up putting his dick on my jizz. I ended up doing the same thing to almost all of the other boys. I jerked off in the shower with some of the boys, too.

by Anonymousreply 186April 15, 2021 1:22 AM

Jerry Lewis is kaput, so when do we get to see the clown Holocaust movie?

by Anonymousreply 187April 15, 2021 1:24 AM

Where are the Igor Stravinsky/ Jean Cocteau pics?

by Anonymousreply 188April 15, 2021 1:34 AM

^ Lindsey Graham (R)

by Anonymousreply 189April 15, 2021 1:45 AM

R186 Junior high school was the first time I'd ever seen an uncut dick, too and thought the same thing, that it was deformed. When I got home that day, I excitedly told my older brother, and he explained to me what it was. It's so funny when I think about it now, as I was so totally shocked by it all back then.

I also agree with R158/R159. As a graphic designer editing and manipulating images for well over 20 years via Photoshop, I'd say the OP's image is legit. Plus, taking into account the era and social mindset of the time in Hollywood, it's very plausible that this photo was nothing unusual given the context.

R154 is exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 190April 15, 2021 1:48 AM

I think a lot of old school photoshop gurus are out of touch with technology today.

by Anonymousreply 191April 15, 2021 1:54 AM

That's a real photo. Men showered and got naked together back then without any hangups. Today, at least in the US, men getting naked together is always "GAY" (panic!) but the times were different back then.

In Europe casual nudity among straight men is no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 192April 15, 2021 2:02 AM

R191 What's the difference, say, between a so-called deep fake (if that's what you mean) or a Photoshop edit? It still all boils down to manipulating pixels. And Photoshop is by no means obsolete in terms of technology "today", as you put it.

by Anonymousreply 193April 15, 2021 2:04 AM

[quote]I think a lot of old school photoshop gurus are out of touch with technology today.

Photoshop is old school?

So tell us photo editing genius, what software has come along to replace it?

by Anonymousreply 194April 15, 2021 2:08 AM

[quote] Photoshop is by no means obsolete

Well Apple seems to have dumped Photoshop. It's no longer compatible with Mac OS 11.2.3.

I don't know why. Perhaps they're bringing out they're own version?

?????

by Anonymousreply 195April 15, 2021 2:10 AM

^^ Incompatibility issues between the newest release of an OS and the current version of any given software have been around since day one, so to speak. Photoshop just hasn't updated its software yet. There's no Apple dumping going on.

by Anonymousreply 196April 15, 2021 2:20 AM

Photoshop runs perfectly on Big Sur the latest Mac operating system.

by Anonymousreply 197April 15, 2021 2:22 AM

I should say "now" runs perfectly. There were issues with Apples update M1 system but it looks like they've been resolved.

by Anonymousreply 198April 15, 2021 2:25 AM

What about Quark?

by Anonymousreply 199April 15, 2021 2:26 AM

Can we get back to the nudies?

by Anonymousreply 200April 15, 2021 2:27 AM

Fascinating how this photo has caused these extreme and contrasting reactions here. Truly a litmus test though I'm not sure what it's testing.

I'm very tempted to post it on FB to test my friends' reactions.

by Anonymousreply 201April 15, 2021 2:34 AM

R199 Quark was made redundant by Apple's software called Pages. And I'm happy with it.

by Anonymousreply 202April 15, 2021 2:46 AM

I didn't say photoshop was old school, I said the old-school gurus were out of touch. They aren't keeping up with the times if they think this photo can't be faked with today's technology. That isn't to say this photo IS fake; but it absolutely is doable.

by Anonymousreply 203April 15, 2021 2:53 AM

[quote] Unless they're gay it's unheard of today.

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 204April 15, 2021 2:54 AM

[quote]They aren't keeping up with the times if they think this photo can't be faked with today's technology. That isn't to say this photo IS fake; but it absolutely is doable.

Today's technology? With what software exactly?

by Anonymousreply 205April 15, 2021 3:01 AM

[quote] With what software exactly?

Yes I'm keen to know if there's a replacement for Photoshop.

I admit I'm not digitally-literate and it's not easy getting into an Apple store now as they grill you on the curb before allowing you to enter the store.

by Anonymousreply 206April 15, 2021 3:08 AM

I stand corrected R203. I realized my misstatement shortly after I had posted.

But, I still stand by my comment that, even with current technology, it's still all about editing pixels and it can be extremely challenging to make a faked image indiscernible from the original.

by Anonymousreply 207April 15, 2021 3:12 AM

R186 A lot of the Latinos at my school had uncut dicks and quite a few black dudes wore their underwear in the shower. The thing that surprised me the most though was that the biggest dick in my class belonged to this gangly, nerdy guy whose face was covered in zits.

by Anonymousreply 208April 15, 2021 3:29 AM

The photo sans text.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 15, 2021 4:21 AM

Vince Edwards was outed by actress Sharon Ferrell in her memoir Hollywood Princess from Sioux City - wherein she describes walking into a bedroom and catching Edwards being blown by one of his buddies. Vince then put a hat over his hard on.

by Anonymousreply 210April 15, 2021 4:56 AM

Does receiving a blow job make a man gay?

by Anonymousreply 211April 15, 2021 5:33 AM

How much did the original photo sell for on eBay?

by Anonymousreply 212April 15, 2021 5:35 AM

I knew it was real.

by Anonymousreply 213April 15, 2021 7:32 AM

Interesting, R210. Something tells me that Dean and Jerry knew each other intimately too.

by Anonymousreply 214April 15, 2021 7:33 AM

[quote] This was the first time I have ever seen an uncut dick. I thought he had had a terrible accident and everything was just deformed down there from it. Later I saw him unsheath himself in the shower.

You guys didn't have sex-ed in school?

I learned about cut/uncut in fifth grade, which would've been 1967 (I know, I'm ancient). By the time I got to junior high, I not only knew what uncircumcised was, I was curious enough to purposely take a locker near the Nicaraguan student in hopes of seeing one in person (it was a very white suburb). My hunch paid off, btw.

As for showering in your underwear, I never saw that. You would've been laughed out of the locker room. My high school was far more multicultural, and I never saw anyone, black, white, Asian, etc who didn't get naked in the showers. You took a towel from the bin after you were done, so you were expected to strip down and walk naked from the locker to the shower, (the only exception being if you'd been swimming, you'd usually wear your swimsuit into the shower, strip it off right away, rinse it, wring it out, hang it on the faucet and get down to business). As R174 said, it was all pretty quick as you had very little time to get to your next class.

As for showering in your underwear, at some point you'd have to strip it off and put on a dry pair, right? So you're still getting naked in front of others. And then what do you do with a pair of wet underwear? Stash them in your locker so they get mildewy? Put them in your backpack and lug them around all day?

by Anonymousreply 215April 15, 2021 12:07 PM

[quote]Sharon Ferrell in her memoir Hollywood Princess from Sioux City

Holy shit r210, I am buying the HELL out of this.

by Anonymousreply 216April 15, 2021 12:43 PM

R207, some of us were saying that this was faked back in the day, not a modern fake. It wouldn't have involved pixels in that way.

The person who said you couldn't fake the water droplets over Jerry's face is wrong; the droplets are edited out of some of those 1950s era prints (cropped) that you can find online. You can edit droplets in, too, especially since they're just white dots in this case.

If this had been a fake published in some of those underground celebrity nude mags it wouldn't have needed to look so professional, because reproducing photos in magazines was a low resolution. That's one of the reasons I decided this was real, because why would anyone have gone to this kind of trouble in the 1950s? An actual edited fake nudie would have looked terrible, lots of white paint and faces cut out of one photo and pasted onto another.

Again, I think this is a legitimate photo, but the people who keep saying it can't be edited either with modern tech or decades ago are wrong. It very much can be.

by Anonymousreply 217April 15, 2021 12:48 PM

It sold for $4,494.99, R212. See the link at r1.

by Anonymousreply 218April 15, 2021 12:57 PM

Surprised it sold for so much since apparently there are other prints of it out there, r209's Tumblr link is from a while ago. Wonder if the winner will get the provenance or at least the name of the previous owner?

by Anonymousreply 219April 15, 2021 1:00 PM

In high school, I took PE as the last class of the day, so that I could avoid having to shower.

by Anonymousreply 220April 15, 2021 1:00 PM

R218, Are you joking about the price? The link no longer offers information since the auction ended.

by Anonymousreply 221April 15, 2021 1:01 PM

Provenance is all there R219, it’s from the collection of Lewis’ personal driver.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 15, 2021 1:05 PM

So much of this is so stupid....in those days, "horseplay" between males was an accepted thing.

Personally, I am a prissy queen and have always loathed horseplay and "goofing around," especially without clothes on.

Gang showers filled me with lust I could do nothing about and were such an invasion of my privacy and a horrible embarrassment. And you had no choice. If you took phys ed (and you had to), then you HAD to take gang showers.

And there were no boners. Not in my high school, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 223April 15, 2021 1:12 PM

[quote]Middle school in the late 80s/high school in the early 90s here. Nobody showered, it would've been too weird. Parents would've been calling the school and hysterical if we'd been forced to take showers. I guess the 80s changed everything.

I don't remember showing after gym in middle school, just high school. But we didn't ever have co-ed gym classes. Maybe that's the difference? In high school we were more grown up and we were guys, and sweaty. How could we not take a shower and just go back to classes all day after gym? We had a shower that held 4 or 6 guys, I think, we had to wait to take our turn. But I don't see what's "weird" about people of the same sex showering.

by Anonymousreply 224April 15, 2021 1:18 PM

[quote]In high school we were more grown up and we were guys, and sweaty.

In the late 90s we showered but only if we had swimming class (because of the chlorine) and even then we could leave our speedos on if we wanted. The twist was, that some of us were always naked in front of each other when we changed after. The idea showering together was bad but having a conversation with your dick out if you were getting dressed was fine. If we had gym class, we had to change clothes and then change back again before class ended but otherwise, no showers.

by Anonymousreply 225April 15, 2021 1:25 PM

No R221, when I click on the link at R1 it has a little info box at the top, which includes "Winning bid: US $4,494.99 [36 bids ]"

by Anonymousreply 226April 15, 2021 1:28 PM

By the time I was a substitute teacher in the late 1990s, the kids weren't required to shower anymore in any of the schools in our district. A PE teacher told me it had been that way for a few years already. I think you have to go back to GenX to find kids who had to shower in school with the other kids.

by Anonymousreply 227April 15, 2021 1:33 PM

[quote]it’s from the collection of Lewis’ personal driver

How in the world did he get it? Lewis must have had a copy made and given it to him. Lewis is the one posing, he probably thought that was hilarious. Dean looks like he's freezing and got caught off guard.

by Anonymousreply 228April 15, 2021 1:35 PM

R228, Branda was Lewis' driver and assistant. When Jerry died, Branda probably gained access to his private stash of photos or negatives while cleaning out and took this set of nudes and other confidential items.

by Anonymousreply 229April 15, 2021 1:57 PM

Well that certainly makes one wonder why Jerry had a photo of Dean's cock in his collection!

by Anonymousreply 230April 15, 2021 1:59 PM

Where the Truth Lies -- a 2005 thriller starring Kevin Bacon and Colin Firth as Martin/Lewis clones. Strong gay vibes from the Lewis character and rejection by the other. Interesting film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231April 15, 2021 2:02 PM

Well I use ACDSee instead of Photoshop......it's not as complicated and has most of the same features.

by Anonymousreply 232April 15, 2021 2:11 PM

[quote]By the time I was a substitute teacher in the late 1990s, the kids weren't required to shower anymore in any of the schools in our district. A PE teacher told me it had been that way for a few years already. I think you have to go back to GenX to find kids who had to shower in school with the other kids.

Why, though? And why wear speedos? This seems kind of funny as generations became more exposed to nudity in ads and things like that, that they became so timid about being naked in front of each other. I mean it's funny because on the beach girls are practically nude now, or wear very low cut tops everywhere - yet nudity is scary.

by Anonymousreply 233April 15, 2021 2:11 PM

I think it was about the adults being around naked kids r233, not so much the kids being naked around each other. But there are also issues of kids being a really sensitive time because of puberty and feeling insecure, and everyone remembering how much they hated the showers (if only because they were filthy and cold) so changes were made.

by Anonymousreply 234April 15, 2021 2:24 PM

I graduated in 1983, middle school (6&7th grades ) had mandatory showers, Junior High (8&9th grades) had mandatory jock checks, but I don’t recall showers, High School (10,11&12th grades) didn’t have anything mandatory at all. Swimming was required in my state and started in late elementary school being taken to the high school and we had to wear the supplied speedo type bathing suit. But I think by high school we could wear our own bathing suit from home.

The middle school, which was a 19th century hold over and had lockerooms and showers deep in the basement did cause an extensive outbreak of plantar warts on an epidemic level. I think I had a total of five removed. The dissipation of required showers may had had to do with intervention of parents having to get those warts cut out of their children’s feet. The plethora of foot doctors who sprouted up probably were negatively impacted.

by Anonymousreply 235April 15, 2021 2:27 PM

I graduated high school in 1970, when showering after gym class was mandatory.

My muscular, hairy, hung, Italian gym teacher used to shower with us, absolutely unheard of today.

by Anonymousreply 236April 15, 2021 2:33 PM

Whether kids still shower together in school isn't really the point though, this was a series of photos taken of two adults in their 30s horsing around at a gym as part of a publicity gag. Obviously they're doing things that people would expect them to do in a gym at the time.

What made people question it at first wasn't shock. We're all old here, we've seen the tasteful nudes of Sal Mineo and we see porn all the tme. No shock. Difference was this was Jerry holding his cock in his hand and Dean showing more than nudes generally did back then. That's all. I don't know why some people got so angry about the initial reaction being disbelief.

by Anonymousreply 237April 15, 2021 2:37 PM

As far as group showers it depends on where you live.

In much of Europe they are normal at every gym and before the lockdown sometimes we even washed each others back.

The puritan US is not the world.

by Anonymousreply 238April 15, 2021 2:52 PM

When the photo was taken, Dean was 35. Jerry was a mere 26.

by Anonymousreply 239April 15, 2021 2:56 PM

I apologize, I thought they were both older than that at the time. My fault for going by looks instead of looking it up.

by Anonymousreply 240April 15, 2021 3:56 PM

Fitness guru Jack Lalanne posed like this to show of his physique in the 1940s-50s. I always found it odd. No, I don't know the other guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241April 15, 2021 5:18 PM

It think Dean and Jerry might've sucked each other off a few times.

by Anonymousreply 242April 15, 2021 5:48 PM

R241 not odd in the least, at the time.

by Anonymousreply 243April 15, 2021 7:11 PM

R232 Thank you

by Anonymousreply 244April 15, 2021 10:02 PM

Jerry in shower

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245April 15, 2021 10:12 PM

[quote] It sounds like some posters have never spent much time around straight men. Specifically, boys, adolescent men, and emotionally immature adult men. "Horsing around" is a form of bonding that allows men to deflect their anxieties and phobias about potential same-sex attractions as well as discomfort about one's one exposed body. So straight dudes get physically playful in locker rooms, showers, steam rooms, anyplace they might be undressed together.

In reality this is exactly how phobias about same-sex attractions are enanched: young guys are curious to see other's body and test one another's strength but if 100% hetero they have not anxieties about sex in an all-male setting, the problem is that not everyone are like them and usually some gaylings are unable to hide their interest or sexual anxieties. There is only two way to deal with this situation: acknowledge that this is normal some guys feel a natural same-sex attraction  and many others are more than willing to explore these aspects as well as they want with girls too; denay it and pretend a locker room or any other male-only setting is automatically straight with no room for such behaviors. The latter is more simple and what society told to the young until yesterday: consequently boys are encouraged to equate maleness at heterosexuality and since finding confidence in one's masculinity is the whole point they start to think a male does not show the slightest homosexual inclination. This is why it would be important for wrestlers football/soccer/rugby players to do coming out: they are considered the quintessence of maleness and straight who take them as a role model could no longer argue that the alpha bro fellow is less male because he like screw male as well or only male.

by Anonymousreply 246April 15, 2021 11:32 PM

R246 Could you have a native English speaker rewrite that for you?

by Anonymousreply 247April 15, 2021 11:49 PM

The other guy is 1950s bodybuilder Jack Thomas R241.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248April 15, 2021 11:57 PM

Lots of topics floating around in this thread.... but school and showers and nudity: Yep, the 50s, 69s, and 70s were radically different from the last 30 years. In my middle school you were required to take a shower.... there was a PE teacher who sat at the entrance to the showers and monitored - passed out towels as you entered. As was said above in the thread, if you were hesitant about getting naked in front of other boys THAT imputed some deficiency, some lack of masculinity. The queers were the ones who didn't strip. Ironic.

Also, you were required to have a jock strap for gym At the start of the school year there would be jock inspections, where all the boys in the class would line up, and pull down their gym shorts to the knees to prove to the PE teacher they had a jock on. If a guy didn't have one he'd get a "demerit" At the time it didn't seem homoerotic. Well, not to others, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 249April 16, 2021 12:31 AM

Our jock strap proof was pulling out one of the straps. Nobody questioned it and honestly I didn't know anyone who had a problem with showers after they got used to it. If there were people who hated it I have no idea. It was just part of being a teen and taking a gym class. Now taking the gym class itself was a different problem.

by Anonymousreply 250April 16, 2021 12:48 AM

r249 if that happened today the gym teacher would be in jail.

"Okay boys, pull down your pants and let me see your jockstraps! And then you're all going to take a shower with me right there in the room with you."

by Anonymousreply 251April 16, 2021 12:48 AM

I'll never forget losing the combination to my gym locker in the first week of 7th grade, but lucky for me, a kind classmate named Dominick offered to share his locker with me. I can still smell that locker room, a heady mix of puberty, sweat and the rubber of high top sneakers. The communal shower was indeed scary, and Mr. Schaare, our handsome Nazi Phys. Ed. instructor was there at the end of every class to make sure each one of us showered.

Gym uniforms back then (mid-1960s) had to be all white (shorts, tee shirt, socks and sneakers) though the sweat shirt in the colder months could be white or grey. I remember going with my father to Two Guys to buy the pieces, including the jock strap, which seemed so strange to me. And hardly enough protection should my dick get hit with a football.

I was petrified and hated all team sports, especially baseball when it was my turn to bat. I get queasy still just thinking of it. But I surprisingly excelled at tumbling and gymnastics, I guess because I was small and thin and limber and I shocked everyone (including myself!) the first time I climbed the ropes and actually succeeded in getting to the ceiling when most others couldn't hoist themselves up at all. And the bonus - rubbing my dick against the thick rough rope caused an ejaculation that was just heavenly! Thank god the jock strap more or less concealed it.

These Phys. Ed. remembrances really need a thread of their own. Oh well. Back to Dean and Jerry.

by Anonymousreply 252April 16, 2021 1:58 AM

One of our coaches Mr. Mills disappeared suddenly and moved to Australia. It turned out he had been taking nude pictures of his jr. league team. He was paying them. Almost all of the guys were involved. His roommate was obviously gay and taught drafting and shop. He didn't leave. I was really surprised that the team captain and school president had his pictures taken along with all of the Christian boys. I was hurt he never asked me to pose. Was there something wrong with me? It also turned out that the cross-country running team used to hook up with girls in the woods around the school. I never got to see them in action.

by Anonymousreply 253April 16, 2021 2:47 AM

How did this thread turn into an elderghey circle jerk?

by Anonymousreply 254April 16, 2021 3:04 AM

Back in the 70s, the University of Missouri had to obey a state law requiring a nude soap shower before entering the U's swimming pool. One of my friends had a work-study job, where he was the enforcer in the group showers, watching at an open window to make sure the guys scrubbed everywhere, even through their bushes. He worked there four or five hours three times a week and he hated it.

What I wouldn't do to get that job, even though I wasn't eligible for work-study.

by Anonymousreply 255April 16, 2021 3:11 AM

[quote]Back in the 70s, the University of Missouri had to obey a state law requiring a nude soap shower before entering the U's swimming pool. One of my friends had a work-study job, where he was the enforcer in the group showers, watching at an open window to make sure the guys scrubbed everywhere, even through their bushes

Ha! I went to MU and worked out in the pool in the '90s — I remember the window that attendants sat behind, looking right out onto the open showers. Their job was to give out towels at that point, not monitor hygiene. Man, I was jealous of those guys, although they could not have looked more unhappy to have that gig.

by Anonymousreply 256April 16, 2021 3:16 AM

[quote]watching at an open window to make sure the guys scrubbed everywhere, even through their bushes.

"C'mon you've gotta soap your hole. Soap it good. C'mon, stick your finger in there to get it real clean."

by Anonymousreply 257April 16, 2021 3:24 AM

If the picture is real then the question to ask is WHY? Why were he and Dean naked together under a show head? Were they intending to shower together? Why would that be? The way they're posing makes it seems like a gag shot, but a NAKED gag shot? Did they intend to show the photo to friends and acquaintances as a joke? Did they not stop to think that the picture could get out and they would be humiliated and their careers might be affected (this was back in the day when nude photos could do that)? A photo of two major celebrities, naked, and one of them fondling his dick, would have been inviting disaster. That's why it's hard to believe the photo is real. Why on earth would they have done something this stupid?

by Anonymousreply 258April 16, 2021 3:30 AM

I wanna see the nude shower pic of the Three Stooges. I heard Moe had a nice ass but Larry was hung like a mule.

by Anonymousreply 259April 16, 2021 3:41 AM

R258 Pat Boone was one of the very biggest stars of the 1950s yet he was photographed nude for LIFE magazine.

You really do not understand the times. Much of it has been covered in this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260April 16, 2021 4:40 AM

LIFE magazine - Steve McQueen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261April 16, 2021 4:56 AM

[quote]If the picture is real then the question to ask is WHY? Why were he and Dean naked together under a show head?

The problem is, you're not seeing it the same way people would have then. It's not entirely your fault, you're not wired to.

These are two STRAIGHT! men who do comedies, joking around. One is even making a goofy face. Their bodies, by your 2021 eyes, are seen potentially as "sex objects." That's not the context of the photo and that was not the attitude back then for most people.

I was once looking at a thread of nude photos from Life Magazine (from back then) and not only were they numerous but there was nothing sexual about them. The men were naked doing things that men did naked back then. As said multiple times in this thread, that would absolutely never happen today.

by Anonymousreply 262April 16, 2021 5:09 AM

And as an addendum, rear was fine. I don't recall seeing frontals unless they were dark or obscured but as shown here this photo is one of a set of photos taken for the promotion of a project. While I can see a studio photographer taking this photo with the intention of editing it later, I can't see them releasing an uncropped photo publicly or they'd never take another photo again. I don't think that's much different now. You're not going to drop a dick pick of someone you caught at a shoot unless you have permission if you're a professional photographer.

by Anonymousreply 263April 16, 2021 5:31 AM

[quote]The men were naked doing things that men did naked back then. As said multiple times in this thread, that would absolutely never happen today.

Can you even imagine modern male celebrities doing this today? Chris Pine and Chris Evans in the shower together? Liam Hemsworth and Jake Gyllenhaal in the shower together? It's totally unthinkable.

by Anonymousreply 264April 16, 2021 5:47 AM

[quote]Yep, the 50s, 69s, and 70s were radically different from the last 30 years.

Freudian slip?

[quote]If the picture is real then the question to ask is WHY? Why were he and Dean naked together under a show head? Were they intending to shower together? Why would that be? The way they're posing makes it seems like a gag shot, but a NAKED gag shot?

They're wet, so I don't understand the questions about why they're under a shower head or are they intending to shower together.

I think you need to see this team in action, in movies but especially on TV or even their radio show, to understand that they weren't conventional. They were crazy, their act was very different from their movies. When I saw this picture it was a little surprising but not that surprising because they would do anything they could get away with, and it's one thing people liked about them.

by Anonymousreply 265April 16, 2021 7:30 AM

LPSG has the photo without the watermark so it’s obviously not rare.

by Anonymousreply 266April 16, 2021 9:04 AM

Jerry has that cute/hot skinny Jewish nerd look I always found irresistible.

by Anonymousreply 267April 16, 2021 9:45 AM

The other important thing to keep in mind is that Dean and Jerry were confident straight men. And, at that point in their careers, they were "zany" comedians, not much different from Abbott and Costello or even The Three Stooges.

You would never see a photo of actors like Rock Hudson, Tony Perkins and Tab Hunter, naked in the shower TOGETHER. They all would have had something to fear if the photos got out. Dean and Jerry did not.

by Anonymousreply 268April 16, 2021 12:41 PM

[quote] our handsome Nazi Phys. Ed. instructor was there at the end of every class to make sure each one of us showered.

In junior high, the coach would stand by the door as you tossed your used towel in the bin. If your towel looked suspiciously dry, (or maybe just to harass you) he'd grab you by the back of the neck and see if your hair was wet (1970s = long hair). If you 'failed' you'd get sent back to the showers, which made you late for your next class.

Interestingly, nobody questioned any of this

by Anonymousreply 269April 16, 2021 2:03 PM

There's a photo of Rock naked with other stars in a sauna earlier in this thread, r268. Hugh O'Brien is in it too, I think. Weird photo.

by Anonymousreply 270April 16, 2021 2:09 PM

[quote]Why were he and Dean naked together under a show head?

Because it was a series of photos of things you do while at a health club. There's another photo in this thread of them in the shower, with Dean scrubbing Jerry's back.

The other things they're doing are getting weighed, getting a rough massage, Jerry getting one of those big exercise balls to the gut, etc. I think the first photo looks like Dean having to force Jerry to go there, probably with a theme of trying to make that 98-pound weakling a stronger man. That was a popular comedic trope in the 1950s.

Before we knew the context it made NO SENSE whatsoever. Once someone posted another example of them in the shower it suddenly made sense, and that's when we found all the other photos from this photo session.

by Anonymousreply 271April 16, 2021 2:13 PM

This is the picture of Jerry that I like:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272April 16, 2021 2:35 PM

What I questioned and questioned constantly (in fact I still question it today decades later!!)was why I had to take gym in the first place? I couldn't give a flying fuck either way about the showers but gym made me literally sick to my stomach. I was totally uncoordinated and made a fool of myself every single day. I threw like a girl, was bullied and was always picked last for a team.

I begged my parents to get me out of it but they just yelled at me 'WHY CAN'T YOU BE LIKE THE OTHER BOYS?!' I went to my guidance counselor and begged him, 'No! You have to take gym it's the law!' It was the law that every day I was to endure institutional torture?

If there is anything I can kick myself for today it's not telling everyone of these people including the superintendent of schools to go fuck themselves and simply refusing to go. Why didn't I tell them there needed to be an exercise class for guys like me where we could work on health, strength, physical endurance and skills. Instead I took it and hated myself for not being like the other guys. It truly makes my blood boil to this very day. And the kicker was when I was still a teen I had an affair with an older successful married man(late 30s) wasp, good schools, man's man, the whole thing. After making love once I got up out of bed just standing there and he looked at me and said 'you have an athletic body.' It was like what the fuck good did it ever do me? I didn't say that to him. I was like 'oh.' Fate mocking me.

by Anonymousreply 273April 16, 2021 2:54 PM

R224 I graduated in 1994. I had a friend who dropped out of high school rather than take gym for the required 1/2 credit. She was a smart girl but had huge tits and terrible body image issues. I remember she begged them to allow her to do something different and tried to get a doctors note for some medical condition and everything but no go. It’s all different now. They don’t have phys Ed as a requirement anymore and I noticed the only phys Ed elective they offer now was weight lifting.

by Anonymousreply 274April 16, 2021 3:33 PM

Interesting, R274, because girls don't and have never been required to shower after gym class. Plus, girls shower in separate stalls, not communal.

by Anonymousreply 275April 16, 2021 4:53 PM

Depends on the country R275 the US is not the world.

by Anonymousreply 276April 16, 2021 4:57 PM

R275 that wasn't the case in our town.

by Anonymousreply 277April 16, 2021 5:15 PM

R275 Never? You claim too much. Back in the day (my day) girls showered after "gym".... to the point boys were trying to figure out how to peek in the windows.

And often "shower caps" were critical for girls so the white girls wouldn't screw up their : (early 60s - beehive dos; late 60s - ironed hair; early 70s - white permed 'Fros) and, of course, black girls with processed hair didn't want water near their scalps either.

by Anonymousreply 278April 16, 2021 5:21 PM

R275 Girls at my high school had separate showers; there was no communal shower for the girls.

by Anonymousreply 279April 16, 2021 5:23 PM

Marlon Brando.

This was NOT for LIFE magazine:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280April 16, 2021 5:30 PM

R280 Oh, please, what a joke!

by Anonymousreply 281April 16, 2021 5:37 PM

^Maybe not. According to Quincy Jones, Marlon liked black cock.

by Anonymousreply 282April 16, 2021 5:40 PM

I'm not saying Marlon didn't like cock, I'm referring to the picture...

by Anonymousreply 283April 16, 2021 5:44 PM

R282 And Richard Pryor.

R283 The photo is real. Has been passed around for decades.

by Anonymousreply 284April 16, 2021 5:46 PM

We had gang showers in middle school.

by Anonymousreply 285April 16, 2021 5:52 PM

This thread needs to be closed and a new one started about 'showering in high school.'

by Anonymousreply 286April 16, 2021 5:54 PM

Communal showers for girls is a Porky's fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 287April 16, 2021 6:07 PM

Do new YMCAs still have communal showers?

by Anonymousreply 288April 16, 2021 6:52 PM

In the mid 70s at my junior high, girls were required to shower, and they were communal—except for 1 with curtains, if a girl was having her period. Only a few girls got naked, the rest stood in their bra and shorts and just wiped at their armpits. Miss Smith used to chide us for being so chicken.

by Anonymousreply 289April 16, 2021 7:32 PM

[quote][R283] The photo is real. Has been passed around for decades.

Yes, and it's so hot. Marlon supposedly fucked Marvin Gaye. He was probably really into chocolate dick.

by Anonymousreply 290April 16, 2021 8:04 PM

R288 Some.

Depending on the area, it seems they are most common in the middle of the US than on the coasts where they have been removed.

by Anonymousreply 291April 16, 2021 8:14 PM

In those Pat Boone and Steve McQueen photos no dick is shown, whereas Martin and Lewis have their wee wees hanging out for all the world to see. Seems like a really dumb move to have a photo taken of them with their dingles on full display. If the photo is real they must have really stupid to allow themselves to be photographed like THAT. I think if the photo has gotten around when their careers were in full swing that might have ruined them.

by Anonymousreply 292April 16, 2021 8:14 PM

R292, you are thinking about a bygone decade in more modern terms.

IF the photos had gotten out it would have been a laugh and no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 293April 16, 2021 8:16 PM

Even if their photo had gotten out at the HEIGHT of their fame in the early 50s, it would have only made them more famous and loveable. Honestly, you young'un's have no idea of the past.

by Anonymousreply 294April 16, 2021 8:33 PM

Here’s a Time magazine reminiscence by the photographer who took the Life magazine pics of Steve McQueen. He says McQueen got naked for much of the shoot, so he continued snapping away, knowing they could never use the full frontal ones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295April 16, 2021 8:34 PM

[quote}In those Pat Boone and Steve McQueen photos no dick is shown, whereas Martin and Lewis have their wee wees hanging out for all the world to see. Seems like a really dumb move to have a photo taken of them with their dingles on full display. If the photo is real they must have really stupid to allow themselves to be photographed like THAT. I think if the photo has gotten around when their careers were in full swing that might have ruined them.

"In those Pat Boone and Steve McQueen photos no dick is shown"

Please tell us how you know no outtakes of full frontal were not taken?

And as it is, an outline of Boone's dick is clearly visible.

LIFE was a family magazine BTW. A weekly and most American households had a subscription.

Also: guys like Martin, Lewis, Brando were in the upper stratosphere of fame in that era and they didn't give a shit.

R294 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 296April 16, 2021 8:57 PM

^^^Excuse the typos!

by Anonymousreply 297April 16, 2021 9:03 PM

R289, funny how you posed as a girl in the 1970s and they didn't find out.

by Anonymousreply 298April 16, 2021 10:20 PM

[quote]IF the photos had gotten out it would have been a laugh and no big deal.

If those photos had "gotten out," they would never have been printed in any mainstream magazine or newspaper, which means NO WHERE. If they appeared in an underground newsprint whatever, no one would know about it, there was no internet of course. See R295.

by Anonymousreply 299April 16, 2021 10:29 PM

It was a different, much more innocent time then.

At one time, the iconic Coppertone ad showing the little girl's naked ass was on billboards throughout the country . . . and all was well.

by Anonymousreply 300April 16, 2021 11:16 PM

Off topic, R300, but I have to throw it in - the original model for the Coppertone girl was Jodie Foster.

by Anonymousreply 301April 16, 2021 11:59 PM

"Even if their photo had gotten out at the HEIGHT of their fame in the early 50s, it would have only made them more famous and loveable."

I really doubt that. Martin and Lewis weren't Lenny Bruce; their comedy was good, clean FAMILY entertainment. Their fans would have been appalled by a picture of them naked together, dicks on display, cutesy, zany Jerry pulling on his dingus. Their fans would probably throw up at the sight.

by Anonymousreply 302April 17, 2021 12:02 AM

I agree there was no mainstream media that would print those photos at the time, but that doesn't mean that everything was peachy and accepted. It implies the opposite, nobody wanted to touch it.

by Anonymousreply 303April 17, 2021 12:13 AM

Frame of reference:

In 1978 or 79, I heard about the topless pics of Miss Streisand in the smutty nudie mag called High Society. They had printed a pic from a frame of a nude scene she did in 1970. I went to Times Square to purchase the magazine, a place where I knew I could get it and no one would care - 43rd and Broadway at that big newsstand that used to be there. A TOPLESS still of a female movie star.

Almost immediately, Streisand's attorneys filed suite and demanded that all the topless pics be removed from each copy of the magazine and destroyed, and that her name was crossed off the cover.

Streisand of course was a control freak, but even this magazine would have NEVER published a frontally nude pic of a male star. Men did not expose themselves like that in movies, current male movie stars of the day did not expose themselves in stills. The Martin and Lewis nude was not available, if anyone cared enough to ask.

THIS WAS 1979.

by Anonymousreply 304April 17, 2021 12:32 AM

People filed SUITES in 1979, people.

by Anonymousreply 305April 17, 2021 12:34 AM

We'll have to agree to disagree, r302.

Don't know how old you are (I'm 72) but in their day, Martin and Lewis were family-friendly for sure, but they were cherished Bad Boys, everybody's favorite nephews, their post-WWII humor was highly subversive and naughty and young and old audiences loved them for it. Kind of like what The Marx Brothers were to the 1930s. Their TV variety hour and stage appearances at The Paramount and other big city movie theaters (for PR before their film premieres) were wildly anticipated because Dean and Jerry were so spontaneous and unpredictable and oddly affectionate with each other.

Unabashedly Jewish Nerd/Italian Romeo low humor. This photo prank fits very neatly into their behavior.

by Anonymousreply 306April 17, 2021 12:46 AM

In my school system girls' showers were stalls. The guys were always communal. For those of you who came after forced showering and guys stopped showering what did they do with the communal shower spaces?

by Anonymousreply 307April 17, 2021 1:31 AM

^ outside of the Soviet Union, ALL girls showered in stalls, R307

by Anonymousreply 308April 17, 2021 1:57 AM

No magazine would publish a naked picture like that and there as no internet or any other way to share the image. So it would have been an inside joke between them and the photographer. Martin and Lewis were the zany guys who would do anything for a laugh. So this picture seems legit. Communal nudity didn’t used to be a big deal. In Europe and Asia I think it’s still common.

by Anonymousreply 309April 17, 2021 1:57 AM

"Martin and Lewis were the zany guys who would do anything for a laugh. So this picture seems legit."

Again it must be said: if the picture is real then they were unbelievably stupid to do it. If it came to light it would have greatly damaged them in the eyes of a lot of people. Not everyone would look at the picture and think "what a fun couple of guys, haha, how funny!" I think a lot of people would have looked at it and thought "Oh, GROSS! They're naked! And Jerry is jerking off (retching sounds)!"

by Anonymousreply 310April 17, 2021 2:03 AM

The picture was taken by Lewis' assistant. They were probably just clowning around after a legitimate photo shoot promoting something. What if they were wearing shorts and they got naked so the assistant could jokingly take the picture? I think too much is being made of this.

A guy in our fraternity would pop up and take pictures of us naked in the group showers all the time. It was a joke. Some covered up, some posed proudly. I am in some of them, I was one of the exhibitionists. I trust he kept those pictures to himself all these years. I wouldn't care, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 311April 17, 2021 2:44 AM

I was on a nude beach when I was young and in good shape. I was standing on a deserted part of the beach and in the distance I saw a man with a telephoto lens camera pointing it in my direction. I didn't move and let him take the picture or pictures. I wonder where they ended up and I would very much like to see them now.

by Anonymousreply 312April 17, 2021 3:09 AM

So many newly printed prudes who have no sense of the past before the internet.

by Anonymousreply 313April 17, 2021 9:08 AM

Prudes got no time for nudes.

by Anonymousreply 314April 17, 2021 1:59 PM

The cock that Marlon Brando appears to be sucking in that photo is said to be that of WALLY COX. Wally Cox had a black dick?

by Anonymousreply 315April 17, 2021 5:51 PM

R315 I have heard it was done as bet at a party and the cock belongs to James Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 316April 17, 2021 6:43 PM

One often-told story about Lewis is that he had a small cock and had an avid but conflicted sexual life.

In his maturity he would hire call girls through an agency. The women would come in, get naked and play with themselves. Lewis would be there with a piece of carpet he'd bring in (this was on his turf). It was disgusting. He'd jerk off and cum, letting whatever dribbled out hit the rug. And then the woman would be dismissed.

The extent of Lewis' fixation on Martin was an open secret - no, it was self-evident. Martin tolerated him like a younger brother and knew his worth as a partner in the business. They were fantastically successful, and audiences loved how Lewis was so hands-on and grabby with his meaty, sexy, detached and cool Italian pal. They broke up because Martin saw Lewis trying to control the partnership (and him) like a bossy-bottom spouse, and when Martin started suggesting he wanted to work solo Lewis behaved like a jilted lover and quit talking to Martin in [italic]that[/italic] familiar pissy way.

But to this observer they had milked the fun out of the act and didn't have options to mature it and retain what made them popular.

by Anonymousreply 317April 17, 2021 7:13 PM

R316, I don't know how these little tales get started but they just take off and run and run.

But if you really want to know, it was mine.

My "dark" side left me bleshed.

by Anonymousreply 318April 17, 2021 7:15 PM

This thread has convinced me that there really needs to be a frank and comprehensive documentary about Martin & Lewis. Their partnership and what came after. Just the range of responses here is fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 319April 17, 2021 7:22 PM

Dean Martin was able to maintain is popularity in a way Jerry Lewis could not.

Hit songs, prestigious films, a hit TV show. Jerry Lewis could not match any of that.

by Anonymousreply 320April 17, 2021 7:23 PM

R320, I had a telethon, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 321April 17, 2021 7:25 PM

Jerry Lewis had an awful reputation, the fact that he was a total asshole was well-known to the general public. That affected his popularity.

by Anonymousreply 322April 17, 2021 7:29 PM

Jerry did have a string of movie successes after Dean, and he had creative rights which he sold to have them remade later, keeping the cash coming in. It really wasn't until the mid-to-late 60's where you could say Dean had the greater post-career success.

by Anonymousreply 323April 17, 2021 7:55 PM

R316, that IS NOT Brando.

by Anonymousreply 324April 17, 2021 8:16 PM

r324 that is Brando. That photo has been around for decades. I remember seeing it way back in the 90s in a few magazines.

by Anonymousreply 325April 17, 2021 8:20 PM

Yes, the photo has been around forever. I agree with you on that, R325.

by Anonymousreply 326April 17, 2021 8:28 PM

According to FBI files, there were unsubstantiated rumors that Dean and Jerry were homosexuals. That the FBI even bothered to keep files on such hearsay is ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327April 17, 2021 8:30 PM

I agree with R319 - a warts-and-all documentary or drama about Martin and Lewis would be fascinating.

Just keep Ryan Murphy away from it!

by Anonymousreply 328April 17, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote]Martin and Lewis weren't Lenny Bruce; their comedy was good, clean FAMILY entertainment.

Martin and Lewis keeping it all in the family...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329April 17, 2021 10:47 PM

^^^ That image is so indicative of the era, being that it took place in a public venue and no one thought anything of it. It also reinforces the argument that had the full photograph been available to the public, it might have been viewed has offensive to some, but most likely not at all scandalous.

by Anonymousreply 330April 17, 2021 11:00 PM

[quote]That the FBI even bothered to keep files on such hearsay is ridiculous.

The FBI stalked MLK and tapped his phones. They kept files on him stating that he had wild sex parties in hotels with "unnatural" goings on. They are (or were) not above these types of things.

by Anonymousreply 331April 18, 2021 1:58 AM

[quote][R316], that IS NOT Brando.

Yes it is. He liked back d.i.c.k.

by Anonymousreply 332April 18, 2021 1:59 AM

*BLACK d.i.c.k.

by Anonymousreply 333April 18, 2021 2:00 AM

There is a fair amount about Martin and Lewis and the rat pack on youtube. A fairly comprehensive doc exists on the rat pack which is amazing in how much it was tied into the politics of the period. No matter how superficial and dated it seems its repercussions affect us today.

by Anonymousreply 334April 18, 2021 2:07 AM

"Martin and Lewis keeping it all in the family..."

you think a male kissing another male is "dirty?" It's funny, it's silly. It happens in cartoons; Bugs Bunny did it all the time. But being naked, dicks out, fondling the willie...that definitely would not have gone down very well with Martin and Lewis fans.

by Anonymousreply 335April 18, 2021 3:17 AM

Beso

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336April 18, 2021 8:11 AM

A helping hand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337April 18, 2021 8:13 AM

I feel dirty for finding the young Jerry Lewis attractive, knowing what a despicable person he was.

by Anonymousreply 338April 18, 2021 8:24 AM

Jerry liked kissing dudes. Here he is biting Chuck Connors’s cheek...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339April 18, 2021 8:40 AM

Dudes used to kiss dudes a lot in the 20th century. That only ended around the late 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 340April 18, 2021 11:21 AM

[quote] I feel dirty for finding the young Jerry Lewis attractive, knowing what a despicable person he was.

It’s not dirty to imagine nursing on his schlong, as long as you don’t think about him as a person while you’re doing it.

by Anonymousreply 341April 18, 2021 11:25 AM

Once men knew gay existed they stopped with the PDA. Like the bible, once they knew they were naked....

by Anonymousreply 342April 18, 2021 11:25 AM

In R337 I like that woman sitting at the left and thinking what the disgusting fuck are they doing? The woman at the right is thinking 'Yes go for it! Don't you just love homosexuality?'

by Anonymousreply 343April 18, 2021 11:51 AM

Fucking funny, r343!.

by Anonymousreply 344April 18, 2021 12:32 PM

Comedians kissed guys because it was funny. Remember that Johnny Carson show where he was getting bathed and massaged by two Japanese women? Don Rickles came out and started doing his schtick; at one point he starts kissing Carson's back and shoulders (he was bare chested) moaning "Gimme a break, I'm so lonely!", whereupon Carson dumped him fully clothes into a full bathtub. The audience was in hysterics.

by Anonymousreply 345April 18, 2021 7:15 PM

^ I never understood that stuff when I was a child. It was rampant among comedians.

by Anonymousreply 346April 18, 2021 7:31 PM

Michael Landon was on The Tonight Show one night when he and Johnny started talking about Bonanza. Johnny said something to the effect of "what was the deal with those Cartwright boys? They were all alone out there on that ranch and there were never any women around." Of course the audience knew what he was inferring. Michael Landon said "oh no, the Cartwright boys weren't gay." **pause** "But thank god Hop Sing WAS!"

The audience roared and Carson was doubled over at his desk. It was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 347April 18, 2021 8:38 PM

R347 Thanks for making laugh.

by Anonymousreply 348April 18, 2021 9:36 PM

^^ for making me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 349April 18, 2021 9:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!