Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Savage Garden's Darren Hayes...WTF?

He appeared in a video last week as an ally for Trans Day of Visibility. From the hair, the eyebrows, and the kimono, at first I thought he himself was transitioning.

I'm kind of getting a "Buffalo Bill" from "Silence of the Lambs" vibe from this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162January 27, 2022 12:29 AM

He has depression.

by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2021 6:04 AM

I remember a few years ago he moved to LA because he wanted to become a comedian.😳 Did anything ever happen with that (I’m guessing not)?

Also, is he still married to his husband?

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2021 6:08 AM

She's turning Japanese.

by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2021 6:13 AM

I'd still do him.

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2021 6:21 AM

Savage Garden were too saccharine for me but there's no denying that Darren has a very pretty singing voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2021 6:27 AM

Just outside the frame of that photo is a crystal ball.

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2021 6:33 AM

Attractive gay guys often have trouble coping with aging, and especially so with celebrities who are used to getting attention. I agree with the person who said he is depressed. His appearance now does suggest he is going through some personal processes, dealing with personal issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2021 7:08 AM

I understand nobody looks the way they did 20-odd years ago, but wow the difference between the picture at R7 and now is unbelievable!😳

by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2021 7:12 AM

Dear Darren, you can arch your eyebrows all you want but a pudgy face is a pudgy face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2021 7:16 AM

He was a very nerdy-cute average white guy. I'm not really sure what to think of his current look, but a little part of me is tickled by the Walter Mercado vibe. It is rather strange.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2021 7:16 AM

I don't think he looks bad. Good skin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2021 7:18 AM

Daniel Jones was the cute blond guy from Savage Garden....He has publicly said he would never reunite with Darren Hayes...Whatever broke them up caused a grudge...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2021 7:19 AM

Surprise anal tends to cause a rift, R12.

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2021 7:22 AM

Always hated that gigantic forehead and hideous hairline of his.

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2021 7:25 AM

R12 Darren pretty much said the same about him. Can’t help but to wonder what happened. Darren also said everything was strictly business and they were never friends.

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2021 7:25 AM

Maybe the label thought a group would be easier to market, especially as Darren pings.

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2021 7:27 AM

The fat-faced one seethed with jealousy over the sleek-faced one.

by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2021 7:28 AM

He's looking as fleshy as a dirty-faced Olivia de Havilland.

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2021 7:33 AM

R7 perky nips

by Anonymousreply 19April 11, 2021 7:34 AM

[quote]Darren also said everything was strictly business and they were never friends.

They may have hated each other but they had a great creative partnership - they wrote two albums together and had 2 American number ones.

Darren's finest solo moment was Strange Relationship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2021 7:35 AM

[quote]I don't think he looks bad. Good skin.

And so much skin!

by Anonymousreply 21April 11, 2021 7:39 AM

Savage Garden was one of those interesting 90s-era groups of a sort I wonder whether they'd come together today. Their music was unique sounding and peculiar and at the same time a little boring. They were good for radio play and soundtracks but I never really considered listening to a whole album. The music was treacly.

by Anonymousreply 22April 11, 2021 7:39 AM

My god, the clip 9 minutes into the video R11 posted where Hayes talks about his wife sets off so many alarm bells.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 11, 2021 7:40 AM

Darren in motion from a month ago.

The voice is still there, although I actually prefer Gary's voice on this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 11, 2021 7:56 AM

The Mavis’s were soo much better than Savage Garden, and Matt still looks good... even if he is an anti vaxxer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 11, 2021 8:06 AM

R25 = Matt....Promoting Matt....

by Anonymousreply 26April 11, 2021 9:12 AM

It’s been 10 years since Darren last released an album and I think it must have done badly and he gave up on music, which is sad. I suspect a lot of his depression may be related to that. His eyes look terribly sad and lost. If you’re an artist you need to keep making art, even if it’s just ‘on the side’, for yourself. He does have a fan base and he could easily have kept releasing material and made sales. I think he maybe yearns for his early years of youth, fame and adulation. Gotta get with the show, though, life changes and you have to change with it or get beaten down.

by Anonymousreply 27April 11, 2021 9:32 AM

that's antidepressant bloat face

by Anonymousreply 28April 11, 2021 9:48 AM

Is he wearing the same robe Pete Burns wore in the Spin Me video?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 11, 2021 10:34 AM

[quote]She's turning Japanese.

I paid millions of dollars to turn into a Japanese. How dare he turn into a Japanese for free?

by Anonymousreply 30April 11, 2021 10:58 AM

R12/R13/R15/R20 as a teen I was a casual fan of SG (shamefaced about that now), and I used avidly to read and watch all their press.

The impression I have gleaned from following their trajectory as a duo is that, over the course of their first few years together (very successful ones), touring and writing with one another, Darren became rather over-attached to and infatuated with Daniel. These unrequited feelings even informed some of Darren’s lyric and vocal writing for SG. This makes a working partnership awkward, and gets in the way of an equal friendship developing. Worse still, Darren’s sexuality turmoil and his disintegrating hetero-marriage threatened the stability and success of the group. Wrongly or rightly, all this made Daniel very uncomfortable, and he felt that it was unprofessional and not conducive to continuing their work together as a simple clean-cut boyband-adjacent pop-group. Daniel didn’t seem to want the complication or the drama that Darren’s sexuality entailed, for himself and for SG, and ever since Darren has taken this somewhat to heart (and possibly has never quite recovered). It’s the clear the two have never had any healthy discussion or productive emotional exchange about it all, which is a pity as they really had musical kismet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 11, 2021 12:41 PM

Yes, OP. I saw Buffalo Bill immediately, too.

by Anonymousreply 32April 11, 2021 1:00 PM

r31 totally agree. Darren was in love with Daniel, Daniel is a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 33April 11, 2021 1:32 PM

I always, always preferred Darren Hayes of the two, and I was actually quite obsessed with him back in the day, but it might be time for me to reconsider my old choices. Daniel: call me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 11, 2021 1:33 PM

ASIAN WIFE?

by Anonymousreply 35April 11, 2021 1:34 PM

wife looks like a major cunt

by Anonymousreply 36April 11, 2021 1:34 PM

I always found Daniel the sexiest back in the day. If the above is true, it doesn’t necessarily mean Daniel is a homophobe. I’ve had straight girls fall in love with me, and I’m not a heterophobe by any means...but man, it’s awkward, even if you pretend nothing is going on, it skews everything.

by Anonymousreply 37April 11, 2021 1:43 PM

He is 48 but still looks 10 times better than the nitpicking 65-year-old fat ho OP.

by Anonymousreply 38April 11, 2021 1:48 PM

The Australian press tortured him so he's probably happy not to be in that spotlight anymore. I like a lot of his solo stuff.

by Anonymousreply 39April 11, 2021 1:51 PM

Well, he looks better than Justine Bateman!

by Anonymousreply 40April 11, 2021 1:54 PM

i always it was a subway stop in the Bronx, "Savage Gardens"

by Anonymousreply 41April 11, 2021 1:55 PM

More vintage Darraniel. They were both so cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 11, 2021 1:55 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 11, 2021 1:58 PM

R41 the band name is taken from Anne Rice’s cult classic vampire novels, and refers to the worldview of the immortal vampire main protagonist Lestat de Lioncourt (a cipher for the author’s own existential angst and hedonistic nihilism), who repeatedly affirms in-text that he views Life as a ‘savage Garden’.

From the novel THE VAMPIRE LESTAT:

[quote] “In the Savage Garden you shine beautifully, my friend. You walk as if it is your garden to do with as you please. And in my wanderings, I always return to you.”

[quote] ‘The mind of each man is a Savage Garden
in which all manner of creatures rise and fall, and anthems are sung and things imagined that must finally be condemned and disavowed.’

[quote] ‘In spite of all the refinements of civilization that conspired to make art--the dizzying perfection of the string quartet or the sprawling grandeur of Fragonard's canvases--beauty was savage. It was as dangerous and lawless as the earth had been eons before man had one single coherent thought in his head or wrote codes of conduct on tablets of clay. Beauty was a Savage Garden.’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 11, 2021 2:03 PM

^^worth nothing that the vampire Lestat is a ravenous and flippant bisexual who treats his existential depression with a lifestyle of earthly pleasure and unattached dalliances...

by Anonymousreply 45April 11, 2021 2:11 PM

R43 awww, nice article. This quote is quite sad, and quite revealing...

[quote] DANIEL: I still love [Darren] dearly. We are just different people. There's no wrongdoing. It's just different directions and different people. We just don't have a friendship any more.

So that implies that they were friends at one point in time long ago, and that Daniel doesn’t think that Darren did him wrong (or at least, he doesn’t think that any more). Daniel says three time for emphasis that they’re ‘different’, which would seem to be a tactful soft-footed way of saying that he respects Darren’s homosexuality but can’t really relate to it. Perhaps Daniel felt a bit blindsided by Darren’s coming out, given that when they met Daniel assumed he was straight.

by Anonymousreply 46April 11, 2021 2:11 PM

He was incredibly hot in this video...which was probably also back around his creative peak. He wasn’t writing the pop hits his label was looking for, but I loved his middle two solo albums.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 11, 2021 3:16 PM

He seemed to be very upset when Simon Amstell outed him in an interview, even though that portion of the interview never actually aired.

by Anonymousreply 48April 11, 2021 6:10 PM

He needs to make a few life changes. He should start by hiring an interior designer from Edinburgh who is seeking to establish himself. And with that Savage Garden money, Darren Hayes is probably quite rich and I know a decorator who is looking for a new sugar daddy. Nicolas Fairford could breathe new life into our fading Darren.

by Anonymousreply 49April 11, 2021 6:44 PM

I can't believe how much people know about them. I always sort of thought of the band as background/driving music and never put any thought into them as a thoughtful group worth knowing anything about.

The lyrics are very Celine Dion treacle. Did they have more interesting music than this?

[quote] I wanna stand with you on a mountain/I wanna bathe with you in the sea/I wanna lay like this forever/Until the sky falls down on me

by Anonymousreply 50April 11, 2021 7:05 PM

His face is still nice looking. It's the long hair that throws him off. He also looked hotter with the black hair dye. But he is clearly unhappy and he lives on his social media. I'd wish he release more music because his solo stuff is good and it's definitely not commercial.

by Anonymousreply 51April 11, 2021 7:15 PM

He should absolutely not go back to black hair, not with his skin tone.

by Anonymousreply 52April 11, 2021 7:16 PM

He's giving me out-of-drag Jinkx Monsoon in the OP.

by Anonymousreply 53April 11, 2021 7:17 PM

R50 for my sins, when I was a little kid I had both their albums on CD (used to play them in my Discman lol).

Their whole gimmick was conventional romantic pop, but they had a few interesting cuts. From the first album, though neither were hits I particularly like the bouncy and cheeky strut ‘Violet’, and the angsty floorfiller ‘Carry On Dancing’. From the second, I favor the yearning uptempo of ‘The Lover After Me’, the urgent anthem ‘Crash & Burn’, and the dreamy soft-techno power ballad ‘Gunning Down Romance’.

It’s too bad, but they’re monster known for Frau-appeal syrupy Hallmark-slogan dreck like ‘Affirmation’, though I will admit to a reluctant and embarrassed liking for ‘To The Moon And Back’.

Bear in mind they had a short career, so their discography is small; who knows if they had more in them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 11, 2021 7:19 PM

He's always on his Twitter and Instagram. I don't think I've ever seen him post any pictures of his husband either. Just selfies and his dogs. I wonder if he and his husband are separated. He's still good-looking for his age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 11, 2021 7:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 11, 2021 7:30 PM

Isn't his husband likely the person filming him in the solo video above?

by Anonymousreply 57April 11, 2021 7:37 PM

Darren’s got a sweet appealing vocal, and has made some lush and accessibly-moody solo records. His sound is dated now, but that’s nothing a hip younger producer couldn’t address. Works for Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 58April 11, 2021 8:06 PM

Who is Kylie's hipper younger producer? It can't be that Sky Adams person.

by Anonymousreply 59April 11, 2021 8:09 PM

Darren has a very science fiction sound. Sort of cerebral. His albums sound like your traveling inside a computer. He doesn't make radio friendly music anymore. I wish he would explore that sound more. He has a Gary Numan and YMO type of aesthetic.

by Anonymousreply 60April 11, 2021 8:18 PM

R60 interesting and correct observation.

What’s funny about that is, early SG songs and videos had a cyberpunk feel to them, which admittedly was trendy at the time but also not a gimmick used successfully by many. SG really seemed to favour the cyberpunk-pop feel, and leaned into it. Just look at the video for ‘I Want You’—all screens and wires and pleather.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 11, 2021 8:25 PM

Is there anything in the "I Want You" video that can't be found in other, earlier 1990s music videos?

by Anonymousreply 62April 11, 2021 8:29 PM

Sallow complexion, undereye darkness and a receding hairline. Not too bad and nothing the correct lighting and camera position can't correct.

by Anonymousreply 63April 11, 2021 9:26 PM

[quote]And with that Savage Garden money, Darren Hayes is probably quite rich

I doubt it considering they only released two albums as a group and that ended 21 years ago. After the label, managers, tour promoters, etc, take their cut, artists don’t get as much as you would think.

Also, Daniel did an interview a few years ago saying that his money from those days is almost gone and he flips houses now for a living.

by Anonymousreply 64April 11, 2021 9:30 PM

[quote]But he is clearly unhappy and he lives on his social media.

Which is why I’m puzzled as to why he moved to LA to become a comedian.

Does anyone have any clips of his comedy?

by Anonymousreply 65April 11, 2021 9:32 PM

[quote]Ha! Thank goodness I had the enclave of foggy San Francisco with its wonderful queer culture and bizarre inclusiveness to understand there are billions of different types of gay men.

by Anonymousreply 66April 11, 2021 9:39 PM

My favorites are To the Moon Back, which has a great melody, and Break Me Shake Me which sounds like a Michael Jackson rock song. I wasn't surprised to find out that he was a fan of MJ.

by Anonymousreply 67April 11, 2021 9:43 PM

Maybe Darren should go back to Australia. Living in a fake ass city like LA and also having little to no career at the moment isn't helping his mental health and he probably feels isolated.

by Anonymousreply 68April 11, 2021 9:45 PM

I Want You was great too. I remember hearing it for the first time during the Rosie O Donnel show, who strangely started pimping this band nonstop for months in 96 or 97.

by Anonymousreply 69April 11, 2021 9:46 PM

If his mental health was as LA infected as you might think, he'd have had a shit ton of bad face work.

by Anonymousreply 70April 11, 2021 9:50 PM

[quote]Maybe Darren should go back to Australia. Living in a fake ass city like LA and also having little to no career at the moment isn't helping his mental health and he probably feels isolated.

Not sure if he should go back to Australia, but I think you’re right about him needing to leave LA. LA is actually a very boring and isolating place if you don’t have an active career to keep you busy, and definitely not good if you have depression. He lived in London before moving to LA, and I think that might give him some more energy since it’s more compact.

by Anonymousreply 71April 11, 2021 9:55 PM

R68 can’t find the source right now, but I remember years ago that Darren told press that he left Oz in the late nineties for good and on purpose, because he hated both the ‘Tall Poppy Syndrome’ of the music scene, and the treatment of gay people there at the time. He’s not returned since, so I doubt he’d bother going back now.

by Anonymousreply 72April 11, 2021 10:01 PM

It's got to be tough for him. He has no real career except for a few hits in the 90s and a relationship with his former band partner that won't even allow him to to make a nostalgia cash-in on his old hits.

by Anonymousreply 73April 11, 2021 10:06 PM

He could absolutely do those 90s tours without Daniel.

by Anonymousreply 74April 11, 2021 10:07 PM

[quote] Living in a fake ass city like LA

R69 But are you sure he actually lives in the city of a fake asses?

by Anonymousreply 75April 11, 2021 11:44 PM

Wow, this song has 51 million plays. I never heard him solo. His vocal makes me think this song could have been written for Janet Jackson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 11, 2021 11:49 PM

What type of music genre is this?

It's the type that has me turn the station quickly.

by Anonymousreply 77April 12, 2021 12:01 AM

Ugly

by Anonymousreply 78April 12, 2021 12:03 AM

His debut album was mainstream pop. His later albums are synthpop and electronica.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 12, 2021 12:39 AM

Darren said in an interview when they first came to the U.S., they lived in a one bed pad, and were together 24/7. I don't doubt Darren seduced Daniel - probably once - and it freaked him out. Then success came and they had to make the best of it. MTV taped their Hard Rock Live show from NO 20 years ago, and Darren sang most of the concert to Daniel. Daniel laughed, but there was a line from Santa Monica where Darren sang '...and modern bodies too' while pointing at Daniel at the keyboards with his right hand, and massaging his chest with his left. It couldn't have been more obvious what he was implying.

by Anonymousreply 80April 12, 2021 1:07 AM

I think some of you are a little too attached to this fuck fantasy. Darren and Daniel both have spouses.

by Anonymousreply 81April 12, 2021 1:11 AM

[quote] spouses

Oh dear!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 12, 2021 1:14 AM

I like Savage Garden - in small doses.

If I heard a single song, I'd enjoy it. But if I tried to listen to an album, I'd stop after 2 or 3 songs.

by Anonymousreply 83April 12, 2021 1:19 AM

R83 That's how I feel about them, too. I listened to a few songs after seeing this thread, but they don't give me "good" nostalgia.

I, however, DESPISE "The Animal Song" which I remember being played on the radio NON-STOP when it came out. The Other Sister is also an AWFUL movie so it doesn't help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 12, 2021 1:30 AM

^ I can't hear any of the lyrics in that. Is it all gibberish?

I don't like men who sing falsetto.

by Anonymousreply 85April 12, 2021 1:46 AM

Only men sing falsetto.

by Anonymousreply 86April 12, 2021 2:14 AM

^ I prefer men who sing with their natural voice rather than men who sing with a 'false' voice.

by Anonymousreply 87April 12, 2021 2:18 AM

R79 Umm...that album was electronica too, which is why it flopped since electronica was long over by 2007.

by Anonymousreply 88April 12, 2021 2:22 AM

I remember electronica being big in 2007. Especially worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 89April 12, 2021 2:25 AM

R89 Huh? Electronica was late 90’s.

by Anonymousreply 90April 12, 2021 2:26 AM

I listen to EDM, but I wouldn't listen to this group.

by Anonymousreply 91April 12, 2021 2:27 AM

I hated their music. It’s the type of music you hear in a dentists office or a grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 92April 12, 2021 2:30 AM

He's a former fundie Christian who was "madly deeply" in the closet, married a woman, came out, lots of drug and alcohol issues. Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 93April 12, 2021 2:30 AM

Were they a "real" musical duo, or were they more of a manufactured boyband? What are their origins? Their music really doesn't hold up for me.

by Anonymousreply 94April 12, 2021 2:32 AM

R48. That story is actually kind of hot but also fucked up.

[quote]“I sat on Simon’s couch and we were in the middle of the interview and he said ‘so, when are you going to come out then?’ [
] I said ‘Excuse me?’ and he said ‘well, you’re obviously gay, but why won’t you come out?’ My reaction was so violent. Rather than deny it I said ‘Oh, you want to talk about my sex life, do you?’ [Simon] blinked and I said ‘Yeah, I like to f***, actually. I’m probably more of a top and if you lay on your back I’ll show you how I like to f***.’”

by Anonymousreply 95April 12, 2021 2:34 AM

I want Darren inside me quite deeply!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 96April 12, 2021 2:36 AM

If rumours were true, Darren's cock is of average size and he's circumcised like most Aussie men of his generation. During his whoring around days, he was known to be equally enthusiastic about topping as he was bottoming.

by Anonymousreply 97April 12, 2021 4:48 AM

He has a husband, but he has often said in interviews that his best friend has always been and always will be his ex-wife. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 98April 12, 2021 5:06 AM

That's not weird.

by Anonymousreply 99April 12, 2021 5:27 AM

One of Darren's rejected songs was recorded by fellow homosexual Clay Aiken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 12, 2021 7:40 AM

R76, I am serving Janet Jackson realness, I whispercoo, I am thin, I am gorgeous and I love every minute of it.

by Anonymousreply 101April 12, 2021 8:15 AM

R76 He sounded like Michael Jackson there

by Anonymousreply 102April 12, 2021 8:51 AM

Size meat verificatia?

by Anonymousreply 103April 12, 2021 9:45 AM

R84 I don't think I've ever seen the video for that song.

I love how while he sings "I want to live like animals/careless and free like animals/I want to run through the jungle/the wind in my hair" the video focuses on an elephant. If only they had put a wig on an elephant and showed it running through the jungle and tossing its hair back in slow-mo like Fabio on a romance novel cover.

by Anonymousreply 104April 12, 2021 10:00 AM

I absolutely love the Savage Garden albums and all his solo stuff. He's one of my favourite male singers of all time. The 'This Delicate Thing We've Made' double-album is a masterpiece, although flawed. Sonically and lyrically it is completely non-commercial but I love it. There is so much pain and longing in so many of the tracks and I love an angsty record - this was a double-album too!

Also obsessed with his second solo album, 'The Tension and the Spark'.

I liked his first, 'Spin' and his last 'Secret Codes and Battleships' and they have some of my favourite tracks of his ('Strange Relationship', 'Crush (1980 Me)', 'Good Enough' and 'Like it or Not' from 'Spin' and 'The Siren's Call' from 'Secret Codes...' is one of my favourite songs of ALL TIME) but those middle two, wow they really hit me to my very soul.

I also like his side-project album We Are Smug.

I'm sad he hasn't released anything since, and he definitely doesn't suit longer hair. Darren, come back with a new 'do and a new album, asap!

by Anonymousreply 105April 12, 2021 11:37 AM

He had long hair in the 90s, the same style as Kurt Cobain, the Goo Goo Dolls guy, Gavin Rossdale, Billy Corgan, the Gin Blossoms guys. It suited a few of them and wasn't the best look for a few of them. He seems to be somewhere in the middle. It looks good from some angles, but his face looks better overall with short hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 12, 2021 11:42 AM

His hair definitely looks better darker. The round face lends itself to fug, but there are things he can do to accentuate his features.

by Anonymousreply 107April 12, 2021 12:18 PM

remember when Rosie was trying so hard to make him happen?

by Anonymousreply 108April 12, 2021 12:21 PM

[quote] Huh? Electronica was late 90’s.

I guess I have trouble distinguishing Electrotronic, Electronica, EDM, or whatever crap that Billie Eilish is supposed to be. I know some of my favorite albums from 2007 could be called Electronic. Beck, Madonna, Black Eyed Peas, Justin Timberlake etc.

by Anonymousreply 109April 12, 2021 2:33 PM

I had no idea Darren recorded Last Christmas for Rosie's Christmas album for POOR SICK KIDS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 12, 2021 2:40 PM

And Rosie was responsible for them getting a US record deal!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111April 12, 2021 2:43 PM

Darren is still hot! Lucky husbear.

by Anonymousreply 112April 12, 2021 2:43 PM

Imagine owing one’s career to Rosie O.

by Anonymousreply 113April 12, 2021 2:44 PM

He can suck me off anytime. Or fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 114April 12, 2021 4:23 PM

Did Rosie also help Donna Lewis have a hit with I Love You Always Forever?

by Anonymousreply 115April 12, 2021 4:26 PM

R112 usage of the term “husbear” needs to end now.

by Anonymousreply 116April 12, 2021 5:32 PM

And Richard Marx with Donna Lewis. Is Donna a lez?

by Anonymousreply 117April 12, 2021 5:32 PM

[quote]And Richard Marx with Donna Lewis. Is Donna a lez?

No, she's Welsh.

by Anonymousreply 118April 12, 2021 5:35 PM

Rosie’s a fat drunk

by Anonymousreply 119April 13, 2021 11:27 PM

Darren has a big cut cock.

by Anonymousreply 120April 13, 2021 11:30 PM

He should probably start an OnlyFans.

by Anonymousreply 121April 13, 2021 11:46 PM

R54...yes I'm embarrassed too, I loved 'To the moon and back'. Listening to it know

by Anonymousreply 122April 13, 2021 11:53 PM

R122 even at 6 years old I knew that song was lame

by Anonymousreply 123April 14, 2021 1:44 AM

[quote] Darren has a big cut cock.

How do you know?

by Anonymousreply 124April 14, 2021 2:36 AM

I just saw a video yesterday in which Rosie was asked about her friendship with Whitney Houston. She said they weren't friends, but they had a lot of mutual friends who traveled in the same circles. The interviewer asked if she was friends with Whitney's [girl]friend Robyn Crawford and she said yes and she still is.

I never thought about it, but I certainly never realized Rosie is such an extensively connected person. Especially nowadays, she comes across as someone who mostly lounges around at home, but it seems like she's still got friends at all strata of the entertainment business. That's pretty cool given that she hasn't really done anything big in public in 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 125April 14, 2021 7:40 AM

I saw a Rosie interview where Rosie said that she knew Robyn but that they weren't friends. It was a video podcast.

by Anonymousreply 126April 14, 2021 7:42 AM

Huh, R126, that's weird. She definitely said in the one I heard yesterday that Robyn is her friend and that Whitney and she just had a lot of mutual friends.

by Anonymousreply 127April 14, 2021 7:52 AM

Rosie is missed on tv now, especially after the Trump era.

by Anonymousreply 128April 14, 2021 2:19 PM

He also screams that Michael Jackson was innocent all the time.

by Anonymousreply 129April 14, 2021 2:28 PM

R128 = Rosie, blasting Savage Garden from her craft shed

by Anonymousreply 130April 14, 2021 2:29 PM

[quote] He also screams that Michael Jackson was innocent all the time.

Oh, fuck!

by Anonymousreply 131April 14, 2021 10:49 PM

Darren said that Rosie’s pussy stinks! How does he know?

by Anonymousreply 132April 15, 2021 1:12 AM

Just watched the Truly Madly Deeply video, and the young straight couple are shadowed by a Darren/Daniel meet up at a Parisian bar where Daniel's band is playing. Darren starts singing to (a very uncomfortable looking ) Daniel like he's his lover. The video ends with the straight couple finally hooking up as they pass Darren and Daniel leaving the club together. It's pretty obvious the director was implying the boys were a couple. I'm sure Daniel may not have realized that was how it was being depicted at the time, but the message was ;out' there.

by Anonymousreply 133April 18, 2021 10:47 PM

He does have a pretty good knack at comedy. I'm a bit surprised he seemed to have given up on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134April 18, 2021 11:07 PM

^ That was OK. As good as Chris Lillie.

by Anonymousreply 135April 18, 2021 11:43 PM

‘Affirmation’ just came on the radio where I am.

The more I hear that song and pay attention to the lyrics, the more it sounds like a passive-aggressive dig at Daniel. I mean, ‘I believe in Karma/what you give is what you get returned?’ ‘I believe you don’t know what you’ve got until you say goodbye?’

by Anonymousreply 136April 19, 2021 9:14 AM

R136 That’s kind of generic new age shit, though.

by Anonymousreply 137April 19, 2021 12:48 PM

[quote]I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned

[quote]I believe you can't appreciate real love until you've been burned

[quote]I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side

[quote]I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye.

Every line of Affirmation could be turned into a Facebook meme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138April 19, 2021 2:01 PM

R136 I agree. Whether Jones was afraid of being tagged. once Darren came out, I don't know. It's been said has very close to his family so maybe that was part of it. He could have also just hated the limelight. Nevertheless. just as I'm sure George Michael and the other WHAM guy were fucking, I'm certain at some point D&D did as well.

by Anonymousreply 139April 19, 2021 2:45 PM

Darren gives good blowjobs.

by Anonymousreply 140April 19, 2021 4:10 PM

For his cover of Madonna's Angel alone he gets a lifetime pass from me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141April 20, 2021 12:05 AM

He seems obsessed with Madonna and MJ.

by Anonymousreply 142April 20, 2021 12:35 AM

It's clear from his albums that he loves the 80s synthpop sound too. He came from an abusive household and was closeted for a long time before accepting himself. I guess his obsession with MJ and Madonna and defending them could be due to associating them with the more happy memories of his teenage years.

by Anonymousreply 143April 20, 2021 12:39 AM

Hasn't he attempted suicide multiple times, or am I thinking of another performer who came out later in life?

by Anonymousreply 144April 20, 2021 12:45 AM

From what i read Daniel Johns was never happy being in front of the camera and living the life of the public pop star.. He liked the production side of things and preferred to live a normal quiet life rather than being out there in front of people. He was more happy tinkering in the studio. Darren was the opposite. He loved the attention, the fame and being out there in the public eye. Darren had that big ambition but Daniel didn't. That is where I think their issues were. Darren couldn't really cut it without Daniel's artistic input and when Daniel wanted out of that pop star world, Darren's dreams were scuttled along with it. That's where the resentment stemmed. For Darren, they had the world at their feet and Daniel just threw it all away and Darren became the collateral damage.

by Anonymousreply 145April 20, 2021 12:54 AM

R144 I don't think he ever attempted suicide, but like a lot of gay men he most likely at least contemplated it.

by Anonymousreply 146April 20, 2021 12:58 AM

I don't think they had sex or an attempt at seduction. Many actors of long-running television shows have talked about hating their costars after seeing them every day for years.

by Anonymousreply 147April 20, 2021 3:23 AM

OP pic is so unsightly I have to put this thread on ignore

by Anonymousreply 148April 20, 2021 3:27 AM

The OP's pic is as unsightly as Olivia's Catherine Sloper.

by Anonymousreply 149April 20, 2021 4:05 AM

OP's pic of Hayes looks age appropriate for someone 48.

His hair is good for someone his age. It's too long, yes, but it appears very full and does not seem to have lost much up there.

It's not a photo shoot pic but a crappy phone or computer camera pic and they all look usually bad.

It seems the usual complaining queens who cant quite get that celebrities don't stay the age they were 25 years ago. They age like the rest of us which is south as we get older.

by Anonymousreply 150April 20, 2021 5:55 AM

Thanks for posting that cover of "Angel". I like it. If he has writer's block, an album of Madonna covers would be a fun diversion.

by Anonymousreply 151April 20, 2021 6:01 AM

R145 curiously, that is exactly what happened between early-mid 2000s pop due The Calling.

The vocalist, Alex Band (son of schlock-horror filmmaker Max Band, and incidentally a victim of child abuse) ended up acrimoniously parting ways with his collaborator in guitarist/songwriter and longtime friend Aaron Kamin, after frequent no-shows for press and tour gigs by the latter. As it turned out, Kamin was antisocial and preferred to be studio-bound when it came to making music, unlike his gregarious frontman. What’s more, Aaron wanted to segue away from romantic radio-friendly ballads that had made The Calling’s name, while Alex wanted to keep on making songs as they’d always done.

Alex has since tried to go solo, meeting with modest success, and despite minor scandals (a couple involving #MeToo) he retains a small but fiercely loyal fan base. His career was majorly set back by health issues out the door (he had/has early onset Parkinson’s), and drug issues. Aaron meanwhile has disappeared off the face of the planet, and doesn’t seem to work in entertainment anymore.

Interestingly, unlike the case of Savage Garden there was no indication, intimation or suspicion of any sexual or romantic attraction between the two, not even a rumour; only a working friendship that soured over differing expectations. Maybe that’s because neither are conventionally attractive, or because The Calling have no gay male following.

Since his time with the group, Alex has made his way through a string of wives and girlfriends leaving a lot of collateral damage, but he still reads as closeted gay to me. There’s an old TRL joke that The Calling song ‘Adrienne’ is a stealth gaythem, that was secretly written about/for a guy named Adrian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152April 20, 2021 11:55 AM

Damn, Darren still has it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153April 21, 2021 6:26 AM

Love this song, particularly the middle 8. Listened to a few of his tracks recently and he’s an underrated singer/songwriter and I hope he gets back to music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154April 21, 2021 2:05 PM

I've listened to a few Savage Garden songs now and then since this thread started and I don't want to say their music aged poorly (it doesn't sound objectively BAD), but there's something about it that isn't compelling to listen to. It lacks a certain personality. I'm not sure. Man, I remember when "I Want You" was played EVERYWHERE.

by Anonymousreply 155April 22, 2021 2:43 AM

She needs to lose weights, cut her short and fix that drag Queen eyebrows đŸ€ź

by Anonymousreply 156April 22, 2021 3:00 AM

The haircut is the major problem. He’s clearly trying to address his receding hairline, but this style is just wrong. He should cut his hair short

by Anonymousreply 157May 27, 2021 11:41 AM

Is he still married to the guy who lives in London while Darren pursues his "comedy" career in LA?

by Anonymousreply 158May 27, 2021 9:10 PM

R158 He's mentioned his husband on social media recently. They both live in LA.

by Anonymousreply 159May 27, 2021 10:17 PM

New video coming out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 25, 2022 9:22 AM

I'll never stop believing Darren and Daniel were a couple, and Daniel freaked out when they hit it big. Darren's broken heart is all over his lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 161January 27, 2022 12:23 AM

The song and video were both awful although styling Scott Evans to look exactly like his hotter brother was a smart move.

by Anonymousreply 162January 27, 2022 12:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!