Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

James Carville : Identity Politics a ‘Drag’ on Democrats: ‘English Faculty at Amherst Has too Much Power in This Party�

“I got to tell you, I’m a supportive, ardent Democrat, passion and everything, but the English faculty at Amherst has too much power in this party,” Carville said in an interview this week with former Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol. “They really do. And they come up with all of these different things, and when people see that, they don’t like it because it’s not what their life is.”

He cited efforts to defund the police as a chief example of what he founded concerning, saying it had been “a terrible drag” on Democratic candidates, as well as “cancel culture” and identity politics.

“I don’t know of a single person that thinks of themselves as a ‘person of color,'” Carville said. “I really don’t. I had Ruben Gallego, who’s a Democratic congressman from Arizona, and we did much better in Arizona than we did in Texas or Florida, and he said, ‘I’ve never heard anybody use the word LatinX.’ And that’s just not the way people talk. It’s not what they — It’s just not the way.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178June 13, 2021 9:35 AM

They’ll learn. 2022 and 2024 will be the year’s Democrats learn the most.

by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2021 11:29 PM

*years

by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2021 11:30 PM

fuck off, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2021 11:30 PM

This guy is never right about anything.

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2021 11:31 PM

[quote]2022 and 2024 will be the years Democrats learn the most.

Yes, learn how popular Joe Biden is.

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2021 11:31 PM

A coalition of trans folx of color , Latinx activists, English Department faculty, queer non-binary college students, and antifa's will carry the Democrats to victory in 2022 and 2024! Mark my words!

by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2021 11:32 PM

[quote]Yes, learn how popular Joe Biden is.

😉

by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2021 11:32 PM

Folx craxs me up.

by Anonymousreply 8April 10, 2021 11:33 PM

*crax

by Anonymousreply 9April 10, 2021 11:33 PM

R6 is Ann Coulter's dry cunt.

by Anonymousreply 10April 10, 2021 11:34 PM

I totally agree...people like Bernie and AOC are going to lose the senate for us.

by Anonymousreply 11April 10, 2021 11:34 PM

And the Governors—don’t forget about them.

by Anonymousreply 12April 10, 2021 11:35 PM

Oh shut up you hairless old wokescold.

by Anonymousreply 13April 10, 2021 11:35 PM

Sounds about right.

by Anonymousreply 14April 10, 2021 11:42 PM

I agree with him, but the party needs to feel the sting of losing big before it broadly acknowledges that this progressive left stuff about police etc. just doesn’t fit with most voters.

They need a very painful sting in the midterms to wake up. Maybe two years after that as well.

by Anonymousreply 15April 10, 2021 11:46 PM

I thought this stupid old Clinton apologist was dead......

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2021 12:18 AM

I don't take advice from people who marry odious cunts.

by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2021 12:23 AM

R15 - Only problem is that the progressives are so far up their own asses, they'll still blame the establishment for the party woes.

Even AOC's popularity is starting to decline in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2021 3:13 AM

R18, then I guess the party will have to be in the wilderness for another 4, 8, 12, 16 years until it finally sees the light and the progressive wing admits that ordinary people don’t want what they’re selling. 2022 they’ll lose both houses, 2024 the presidency, etc.

Biden is holding them back by giving them substantial concessions. But once he’s gone, the party will see what happens when they push to implement all that far-left stuff.

by Anonymousreply 19April 11, 2021 3:32 AM

As a political indy but leans left in national elections, I wish dems would just shut up & enjoy their recent victories.

The repubs had the Reagan mantra "Never speak ill of a fellow repub." a.k.a. The 11th Commandment which has worked wonders about reigning in overkill criticism.

The way Carville complains about identity politics, cancel culture, etc. you would think that Trump & the repubs kept all 3 US branches up in 2020.

The left laughed off all of Carville's concerns to regain power that they haven't had in almost a decade.

by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2021 4:23 AM

[quote]Oh shut up you hairless old wokescold.

This specimen turned around from driving the country into the Grand Canyon to yell that at Carville!

by Anonymousreply 21April 11, 2021 4:29 AM

Super Genius Carville also thought the repubs would lose big in 2016

but they gained everything nationally including 3 S. Court seats!

He said this 2 months before the repubs swept all in 2016 & nearly gained the ability to rewrite the US Constitution..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 11, 2021 4:30 AM

The letter K is racist and so is the word "South." This ugly old hillbilly is talking out of his ass. Identity politics is here to stay. Deal. Cope.

by Anonymousreply 23April 11, 2021 4:31 AM

Carville is right...The GOP could care less about Trans students playing sports....They just want Dems to defend it and it will gain them votes in 2022....

by Anonymousreply 24April 11, 2021 4:48 AM

R24 Carville is wrong.

Dems won on gay marriage & they will win on trans rights as well.

by Anonymousreply 25April 11, 2021 5:52 AM

Letting physical males play in women's sports has nothing to do with civil rights.

by Anonymousreply 26April 11, 2021 6:04 AM

Yes it does R26.

Equal opportunity & respect are both civil rights.

by Anonymousreply 27April 11, 2021 6:10 AM

The GOP will not exist by 2022.

by Anonymousreply 28April 11, 2021 6:10 AM

Every thread has to be an anti-trans thread. No exceptions!

by Anonymousreply 29April 11, 2021 6:13 AM

Is he taking over as the crypt keeper now that Philip died?

by Anonymousreply 30April 11, 2021 6:15 AM

[quote]Letting physical males play in women's sports has nothing to do with civil rights.

[quote]Yes it does [R26].

[quote]Equal opportunity & respect are both civil rights.

R27 No, it doesn't. Pandering to the mental insanity that men in dresses are women is neither "equal opportuinity" nor a "civil right". Neither is respect a "civil right", but rather a quality that one earns.

by Anonymousreply 31April 11, 2021 6:28 AM

Historically, the party holding the White House loses seats in the midterms. With the Democrats already holding on by a handful of seats in the House and a 50 -50 Senate, it is extremely likely they will lose control of both next year.

by Anonymousreply 32April 11, 2021 6:30 AM

R32, not with Joe Biden having a 61% approval rating and the orange fucker still holding the reigns of the Repug party.

by Anonymousreply 33April 11, 2021 6:48 AM

[quote]Carville said in an interview this week with former Weekly Standard editor Bill

But being interviewed by the PNAC war criminal who is a huge part of the reason we entered into a war based on lies which killed a million civilians and almost 5000 American troops who went looking for WMDs based on those lies pushed by the scumbag who is interviewing you, is perfectly reasonable.

Go put on your PUMAS to be a passive aggressive dick who couldn't accept Obama got the nomination over Hillary, you alien-looking motherfucker male version Harriet Christian.

Oh, and also ignore that "identity politics" is precisely what trump used to galvanize that Klan rally known as the Republican voters.

by Anonymousreply 34April 11, 2021 6:55 AM

R27 Except it’s not equal and you damn well know better than to go whining that it’s about equality and respect.

Men and women have different bodies, this is why we have men’s sports and female sports. This is how we level the playing field and keep it fair and equal.

If you want to talk about respect than start with respecting women’s sports.

by Anonymousreply 35April 11, 2021 7:04 AM

R25 = Trans Rights have ZERO chance with this Supreme Court.....TRUMP screwed up equality for YEARS if not decades....Judge Amy is not ruling in any support of any LGBTQ rights...

by Anonymousreply 36April 11, 2021 7:04 AM

The only thing that is a “drag” on Democrats are the republiqan appeasers like Manchin and Sinema. Their sickening refusal to vote for anything republiqans don’t like will be the death of the Democratic Party because if H.R.1 isn't passed, republiqan state legislatures all over the country will overturn any Democratic candidate win.

by Anonymousreply 37April 11, 2021 7:22 AM

R31 says respect is a quality one earns but that is a pile of crap. It also sounds like R31's upbringing or adult life pushed her into such utter nonsense.

Babies don't earn respect but they should be afforded it.

They are loud & whiny.

They throw things & can pull on your ears or maybe even a pets ears.

They can be arrogant & selfish.

None of that matters to civilized persons because "respect isn't earned" but a natural human right & a state of being.

No baby should be mentally, emotionally, physically, financially or sexually abused because of their behavior/actions..

Respect is a basic right It should be given to every person regardless of age, race, gender nationality, creed or disability.

Folks who believe "respect is earned" dangle carrots over other people's heads in order to get them to do their bidding.

They favor manipulation over cooperation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 11, 2021 7:33 AM

Amen =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 11, 2021 7:46 AM

And what the GOP does isn't identity politics? It's very overtly white identity politics.

Regardless of what the ancient Carville says, younger people DO use Latinx and people of color, and not just on Twitter. Times change, vocabulary changes. What's the issue? Let people identify however they want.

by Anonymousreply 40April 11, 2021 7:48 AM

R36 James Carville (who helped Hillary oh so much on her 2016 run) also screwed up equality for YEARS if not decades with the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 41April 11, 2021 7:49 AM

I agree R40. We went from being called Sodomites / pedophiles to homosexuals to gays & lesbians.

Currently I don't like the q word in "genderqueer" but I won't bite someone head off for using it to describe themselves.

Repubs will lose more voters in the next four years (who won't get any vaccine like all of my GOP relatives) & when you factor in that most are vulnerable senior citizens who already have 8 or 9 toes in the grave...

by Anonymousreply 42April 11, 2021 7:55 AM

Is he still married to that Republican? They were the Conways of the 1990s. Nothing tells you more about these two so-called different parties than these unholy unions.

by Anonymousreply 43April 11, 2021 8:20 AM

R38 rushes off on an irrelevant rant which has zip to do with the original assertion: that respect is a "civil right". No, it isn't. Neither is it a "basic right". It is a courtesy freely given, and certainly not under the duress of diktats.

Unfortunately, your sloganism masks/erases your common sense and ability to discern nuance.

by Anonymousreply 44April 11, 2021 8:42 AM

Because not allowing physical men who identify as women compete in women's sports is anti-trans, r29?

by Anonymousreply 45April 11, 2021 8:45 AM

Indeed r42, we went from being called queer to gay/lesbians and back to queer.

It's certainly not up to me to tell anyone what they can call themselves. If someone wants to call themselves queer or genderqueer, that's up to them. The problem with those terms, however, is that they don't mean gay. Straight people can and do call themselves queer or genderqueer. Queer cannot really be used as an alternative term for gay/lesbian/bi/non-straight. Not to mention, it can also mean gay, lesbian, bi, non-straight, and straight, so if someone tells me they're queer I'm still not sure what their person's sexuality is. Even worse, when a biological man calls himself queer and a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 46April 11, 2021 8:51 AM

R46 Queer is used by all not just females. There are males who aren't born in the correct body but are still attracted to females after their sex change operation hence they are of the lesbian orientation.

R44 RESPECT is in our US Constitution & it comes in the form of a famous SLOGAN = "'ALL men are created equal". The document doesn't mention "nuance" or even "common sense". That's just wishful thinking on your part. The term "mankind" refers to men women, hermaphrodites & every other classification out there. It's used & interpreted as a modern term to include all people. Also the phrase "God & man" is interpreted to include women, hermaphrodites & every other classification in modern times.

Are you still saying you can retaliate against a baby if one disrespects you? Hit or kick one? No you can't either legally or morally (& it has nothing to do with courtesy).

Defending universal respect isn't an irrelevant rant except to a sociopath, psychopath, supremacist or a narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 47April 11, 2021 9:05 AM

The only part of me that is "woke" is my lady "pussix".

by Anonymousreply 48April 11, 2021 9:16 AM

R47 In addition to irrelevant tangents, you continue to erroneously use misrepresentative sloganism, believing they reiterate your assertions. They don't. They reiterate your ignorance.

[quote]'ALL men are created equal"

Which deals with equality before the law, not respect.

[quote]Defending universal respect isn't an irrelevant rant

In your case, it most certainly is. Your entire rant is absent comprehension and nuance, because you're attempting to bludgeon with slogans that have no relevance or meaning to your original assertion: "civil right". Such as that "baby" analogy, tossed in for reasons only you comprehend.

by Anonymousreply 49April 11, 2021 9:37 AM

R49 The LGBT civil rights movement is about changing LAWS to create RESPECT under the law. The trans movement has changed the LAWS regarding driver's licenses, housing opportunities, etc. Is that concept lost on you?

It doesn't matter what my over 50 eldergay self thinks. Your smaller side has already lost to my larger side. The American citizens under 50 years of age support trans equality overwhelmingly (as the last election cycle proved with the most trans elected to offices as well as a pro trans majority in the US House, Senate & WH.

Whatever setbacks you try to make in Arkansas & elsewhere will end up losing to boycotts from across the glove. Trans equality is here to stay & no matter how much support you show the likes of Mitch McConnell & Matt Gaetz it won't change that. Wedge issues didn't work for the GOP in the last election cycle & they won't ever again.

I live in one of the reddest US house districts in the nation & all of my GOP relatives & friends support all the trans right initiatives. That's why my GOP rep didn't use them at all in the 2020 election cycle.

by Anonymousreply 50April 11, 2021 10:01 AM

̶T̶r̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶e̶q̶u̶a̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶ 𝑿 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒀 𝒄𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 here to stay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 11, 2021 10:20 AM

R50 why do you hate women so much?

by Anonymousreply 52April 11, 2021 10:42 AM

R52 I don't hate bio women or trans women.

I fight for fairness for all women.

Why can't you fight for trans women & trans men?

R51 If you think an old SLOGAN (rom a '77 margarine commercial) is going to turn the tide for you on these issues...

by Anonymousreply 53April 11, 2021 11:10 AM

Men are not women r53. Women have their own unique set of challenges- medical, legal, cultural- that cannot be experienced by males.

Wishing to be female doesn’t make it so. People like you who refuse to acknowledge the difference btw actual biological women and men who identify as women are the ones who see female as less than, as a identity that anyone can claim. Do you feel the same way about being black?

by Anonymousreply 54April 11, 2021 11:24 AM

R54 It looks like you don't post anything but anti-trans comments.

by Anonymousreply 55April 11, 2021 12:23 PM

R50, in your opinion, do lesbians have penises?

by Anonymousreply 56April 11, 2021 12:26 PM

R53, according to the trans, the term "bio women" is transphobic and anyone who uses it hates transwomen. You therefore hate both bio women and trans women.

by Anonymousreply 57April 11, 2021 12:26 PM

Stop calling it by the Republican name> Identity Politics.

When Republicans talk about their own Identity Politics, they call them VOTING BLOCKS.

See, no more identity bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 58April 11, 2021 12:34 PM

[quote]I guess the party will have to be in the wilderness for another 4, 8, 12, 16 years

I initially believed this was Republicans, but I think now this will be Democrats. I’ll take a generation in order to squash the Equality Act as it is now.

by Anonymousreply 59April 11, 2021 12:34 PM

[quote] Stop calling it by the Republican name> Identity Politics.

The quote is from Carville

by Anonymousreply 60April 11, 2021 12:45 PM

Let's remember that however useful this tired old generalizer was in 1992, last November the night before election day he said, "I don't think it's going to be close, I think it's going to be a blowout. We'll know who won before 10:00"—completely oblivious to the realities of mail-in voting, voter suppression, the way the electoral college works, etc. One-liners about "the English faculty at Amherst" might tickle any audience still craving the old triangulating contrarianism, but they belong in stand-up, not a political discussion.

by Anonymousreply 61April 11, 2021 12:46 PM

Yes r61, Carville isn’t really doing anything special. He wants to come across as some kind of Cassandra for the Dems, but really he’s just picking up what’s already in the water and taking guesses on an inevitable pendulum swing. It’s been his schtick for a while now, doesn’t mean he’s insightful.

by Anonymousreply 62April 11, 2021 12:50 PM

Dismiss at your own peril.

by Anonymousreply 63April 11, 2021 12:51 PM

[quote]The LGBT civil rights movement is about changing LAWS to create RESPECT under the law. The trans movement has changed the LAWS regarding driver's licenses, housing opportunities, etc. Is that concept lost on you?

The Transtapo's sole mission is to disrepect women, their spaces, their experiences, their entire history, and their entire current existence in the world. So, fuck off with your bullshit and lies about RESPECT.

by Anonymousreply 64April 11, 2021 12:59 PM

Maybe Democrats will be smarter in 26?

by Anonymousreply 65April 11, 2021 12:59 PM

I was on a university English faculty in the mid-‘80s and the “PC wars” were pretty intense. It’s all about power and how those terrified of losing it (like Carville, Bill Maher, most conservatives, etc.) will make increasingly desperate moves to keep it.

by Anonymousreply 66April 11, 2021 1:16 PM

Get these TERFs out of here. Straight and gay men and sensible women don't need TERF delusions of granduer. Nobody wants to touch those things in bathrooms or elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 67April 11, 2021 6:03 PM

Carville is right and he is not advocating harming trans civil rights.

by Anonymousreply 68April 11, 2021 6:14 PM

When I was younger and didn't pay attention to much politics, I thought this guy was a Republican lol.

by Anonymousreply 69April 11, 2021 6:18 PM

Ah yes, James Carville, the son of a bitch who gave us the Clinton's who moved the party to the "center" and set us on a path for all the fucked up shit we are dealing with now.

The further dismantling of American manufacturing with GATT and NAFTA which crippled the middle class. The abolishing of regulations between banking and Wall Street. The Telecommunications Act which saw deregulation of the converging broadcasting and telecommunications markets so that a few billionaires control all the avenues by which we get information.

Fuck Carville and fuck the Democratic Party, time to move on and create a party for those who find nothing on the far left or right that epresents them.

by Anonymousreply 70April 11, 2021 6:21 PM

Thank you r66.

by Anonymousreply 71April 11, 2021 6:23 PM

Clearly Carville is a racist and a Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 72April 11, 2021 6:28 PM

Being aligned with a political party is not just selecting one view you like from Column A and another from Column B. The things Carville pushes back against are essential elements of Democratic beliefs and policies. Don't call yourself a Democrat if you don't agree with the party's views.

by Anonymousreply 73April 11, 2021 6:34 PM

[quote] Regardless of what the ancient Carville says, younger people DO use Latinx and people of color, and not just on Twitter.

ACTUALLY, colonizer, something like 3% (that’s THREE PER CENT) of all Latino people use the made-up word ‘Latinx’.

by Anonymousreply 74April 11, 2021 6:38 PM

Biden got covid relief passed. Let's see what other BIG things he gets done. The far left will cost the moderate Dems many seats in 2022 and probably another crazy right winger will win the presidency in 2024. Sad that nobody besides Carville can see this coming.

I don't recognize the defund the police and other far left ideals of the Dem party today. Defund the police was a major mistake and they still cannot admit it. If AOC is the future of the party, then Joe Biden is the last of the Mohicans (if I can still use that phrase).

by Anonymousreply 75April 11, 2021 6:43 PM

[quote]Let people identify however they want.

Then stop having 0.6% of the population (i.e. Trans) calling the other 99% of us "CIS". We don't want to be told how to identify.

by Anonymousreply 76April 11, 2021 6:53 PM

[quote] Biden got covid relief passed. Let's see what other BIG things he gets done. The far left will cost the moderate Dems many seats in 2022 and probably another crazy right winger will win the presidency in 2024. Sad that nobody besides Carville can see this coming. I don't recognize the defund the police and other far left ideals of the Dem party today. Defund the police was a major mistake and they still cannot admit it. If AOC is the future of the party, then Joe Biden is the last of the Mohicans (if I can still use that phrase).

1. About whom are you speaking? Democratic candidates did not run on “defund the police.” The DNC , nor Democratic candidates created the “Defund the police” slogan.

2. The 2022 and the 2024 elections will not hinge upon a protest slogan from the summer of 2020. We have too much other shit happening. Wedge issues will not decide the upcoming elections; regardless of how hard Republicans push them. Voters will continue to focus on pocket book/kitchen table issues.

4. Biden has a 60+ percent approval rating because voters support Democratic policies.

5. Fifty seven percent of whites voted not only Republican but for Trump. The majority of white voters will vote for any garbage with an R beside their name. That’s not going to change. Please stop pretending that Democrats can abandon the diverse Democratic base and win white Republican voters. That argument was made over and over again during the election. It was wrong then and it’s still wrong.

by Anonymousreply 77April 11, 2021 7:03 PM

R75 I think his moderate ass is going to struggle. No matter how much they try to market that $1400 check as a monumental advancement, I think most people know it's drops in a barrel, the bare minimum and pretty insulting. The rest of the stimulus would have been passed by Trump anyway, and I think most people know that too. Nothing else progressive is getting passed (I laugh at the word 'progressive', as Washington has convinced Americans that a living wage and affordable healthcare are RADICAL PROGRESSIVE concepts lmao), and Manchin is successfully doing McConnell's job for him.

by Anonymousreply 78April 11, 2021 7:47 PM

[quote]I don't recognize the defund the police and other far left ideals of the Dem party today.

You're an idiot. Maybe you don't recognize it because that's not the Democratic Party. That's the far left loons. Your entire first paragraph was about Biden, as centrist as you get, winning and governing. Harris is also a centrist. Other than Warren, I can't think of one other Democratic senator who would fit the far left ideology at all, and even she does it half the time to push the party left fully knowing she could never get the entirety of her positions put in place in a working world.

It's the Repugs who have been taken over by their extreme wing. The media just likes to play bothsiderism, so they pull out the most extreme House Dems and throw them out there as the equivalent to the Repugs. Problem is that the entire Repug party is the extremists while, in reality, the Democratic party has a few loud mouths on the far left while the rest govern well from the middle.

by Anonymousreply 79April 11, 2021 7:55 PM

Open borders and runaway illegal immigration will be the buzzwords in the next election.

by Anonymousreply 80April 11, 2021 8:01 PM

Identity politics is ridiculous. Are fashion designers going to have hire ugly and/or fat women as models because those women “identify” as beautiful and thin? Does the NFL have to hire me because I “identify” as a talented QB? What if a white guy applies to work at a black owned business because he “identifies” as black?

At this rate, a trans woman will be able to insist that a gynecologist give him an appointment.

by Anonymousreply 81April 11, 2021 8:04 PM

Should be “are ridiculous” ^^^

by Anonymousreply 82April 11, 2021 8:05 PM

[quote]At this rate, a trans woman will be able to insist that a gynecologist give him an appointment.

They already are. They are attacking and shutting down Planned Parenthood clinics that offer women's health care for poor people because the gynecologist's who work there won't see them because, ya know, they're gynecologists, not urologists.

by Anonymousreply 83April 11, 2021 8:15 PM

When the average person thinks of the Democrats they think defund the police, open borders, reparations, and more tax and spend programs to bloat the national budget. I live in NYC and that is exactly what the DeBlasio Democrats have been doing for the past several years in this town. NYC is overpriced, overtaxed and run by the arrogantly entitled DeBlasio who will never admit NYC is less safe than ever before. People are afraid the far left policies of DeBlasio will go national.

by Anonymousreply 84April 11, 2021 9:20 PM

The Latinx and identity politics stuff is silly but the majority of Democrats do not embrace those issues. They haven't turned away voters yet. I don't think they will, either.

by Anonymousreply 85April 11, 2021 9:23 PM

White people who are preoccupied with race are decent people who can see injustice and inequity (past and present).

by Anonymousreply 86April 12, 2021 2:52 AM

[quote] the party needs to feel the sting of losing big before it broadly acknowledges that this progressive left stuff...just doesn’t fit with most voters...They need a very painful sting in the midterms to wake up.

The country cannot afford such a loss. Joe's just starting to try to get us back on track. I do hope that he does not give too much attention to fringe-type issues.

by Anonymousreply 87April 12, 2021 3:01 AM

[quote] Dems won on gay marriage...

The win on same-sex marriage was a favorable Supreme Court ruling.

by Anonymousreply 88April 12, 2021 3:28 AM

It's amazing on the delusional far left how much they see what they want to see.

by Anonymousreply 89April 12, 2021 3:34 AM

[quote]This guy is never right about anything.

Carville is 100% right here.

There is no reason that the Dems lost House seats in 2020. They should be at 55 Senate seats as well. The AOC/Squad crowd adds NOTHING to the Democrats' platform. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 90April 12, 2021 3:39 AM

[quote] The things Carville pushes back against are essential elements of Democratic beliefs and policies. Don't call yourself a Democrat if you don't agree with the party's views.

The 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑦 is always right.

by Anonymousreply 91April 12, 2021 4:37 AM

Someone should seriously investigate the other voting machine company, not Dominion. Lots of odd results favoring Republicans there.

by Anonymousreply 92April 12, 2021 4:47 AM

I hate this ugly Cajun

by Anonymousreply 93April 12, 2021 4:53 AM

People forget that Repugs did surprisingly well in this last election. The anti-Trump sentiment did not extend to them. They won all the close races that people were hoping to flip. (except GA)

Biden's coattails were not that long. If people were really excited about Biden he'd have swept more dems in. The vote was more anti-Trump than pro-Biden. He's not an inspiring figure. There was no feeling of hope that you felt when Clinton or Obama were elected. It was just relief and gloating that Trump lost.

by Anonymousreply 94April 12, 2021 4:59 AM

R94...

THEY FUCKING CHEATED!

by Anonymousreply 95April 12, 2021 5:54 AM

You sound like Trump r95 or you are joking.

They stuffed the ballot box for the lower offices but let president slip away. Not very good cheaters.

by Anonymousreply 96April 12, 2021 6:35 AM

R96, go find one of the thousands of election threads that explains the cheating they did and why it worked down ballot but not for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 97April 12, 2021 6:48 AM

Oh please. Every time a republican wins it is cheating? Such crazy liberal paranoia. You make us look foolish and like a sore loser.

by Anonymousreply 98April 12, 2021 7:16 AM

Fuck him. He married a Republican!

by Anonymousreply 99April 12, 2021 11:07 AM

0.6% of U.S. adults identify as transgender, but the Democrats will talk about them 100% of the time.

This is how we lose elections.

However, Biden is sticking to the big ticket items that are important to the middle-class Americans in the battleground states.

by Anonymousreply 100April 12, 2021 11:20 AM

We will win over suburban moms by pushing trans issues!

You are not allowed to disagree with this!

by Anonymousreply 101April 12, 2021 11:23 AM

[quote]Someone should seriously investigate the other voting machine company, not Dominion. Lots of odd results favoring Republicans there.

Certainly in the Carolinas. Very skewed Senate and several House races happened there, including a flipping of SC 1st district in favor of Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 102April 12, 2021 12:37 PM

[quote]However, Biden is sticking to the big ticket items that are important to the middle-class Americans in the battleground states.

Hope so. That Equality Act will cost him and the Democrats in my state.

by Anonymousreply 103April 12, 2021 12:59 PM

The absurd notion that we needed to “defund the police” was a ridiculous concept to push for. Most people — including black people in cities around the country — do NOT want to defund the police. They want the police to stop behaving like petty dictators who shoot people of color far too easily and readily. But the wokest of the woke on the left decided that they knew best. And in the process they handed the Repukes a very easy talking point in the 2020 election and put Democrats on the defensive. Not smart.

[quote] The things Carville pushes back against are essential elements of Democratic beliefs and policies. Don't call yourself a Democrat if you don't agree with the party's views.

🙄 How absurd. First, defunding the police, calling people POC, Latinx, and folx, or stating your pronouns are not core elements of being a Democrat. Beyond that, it’s a big party. You don’t have to agree with everything and you get to call yourself whatever you want.

by Anonymousreply 104April 12, 2021 1:54 PM

[quote]it’s a big party

It actually isn’t. It’s a suffocating party.

by Anonymousreply 105April 12, 2021 1:56 PM

[quote] It actually isn’t. It’s a suffocating party.

Since both Joe Manchin and AOC call themselves Democrats, it is clear that the Democratic Party isn’t suffocating anyone.

by Anonymousreply 106April 12, 2021 2:03 PM

Oh it is.

by Anonymousreply 107April 12, 2021 2:04 PM

I like this though. This is very very good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 12, 2021 2:06 PM

It's no longer defund the police, it's fire racist cops.

by Anonymousreply 109April 12, 2021 2:11 PM

Manchin & Sinema think they can ride the fence and swing some Republicans to generate some bipartisan compromises.

Manchin knows very well that Mitch and company have decided, as a party, to oppose every bill that Biden proposes, and are deliberately avoiding collaborating with Democrats on legislation.

His 'craving for attention' game only damages Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 110April 12, 2021 2:22 PM

R110 is why it’s suffocating. There are more of him and fewer of me. It’s not a big party—at all. Good luck in 22 and 24.

by Anonymousreply 111April 12, 2021 2:24 PM

R111 you make no sense. R110 stated the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 112April 12, 2021 2:40 PM

Right ^^. I don’t expect people to agree with me on Datalounge. It’s a far-left site with extremist views. If you’re not far-left, they call you names, they wish you death. They call you Boris. They belittle you, they patronize you, they twist things around, they make up shit. They don’t want your support, they don’t want your vote. I would get the same on Stormfront, it’s right-wing cousin, basically. Like I say, good luck next year and in 24. But it’s not a big party. It’s a party full of blue Deplorables with a few sane people. Just like Republicans. Anyways, call me names, call me a cunt, wish death—do your thing!

by Anonymousreply 113April 12, 2021 2:59 PM

R100, are you fucking kidding me? It's Republicans who won't shut up about trans people.

by Anonymousreply 114April 12, 2021 3:56 PM

[quote]0.6% of U.S. adults identify as transgender, but the Democrats will talk about them 100% of the time. This is how we lose elections.

This 100X! And no R114. It was Warren who vowed to get approval from a "trans" child befoer appointing a Secretary of Education.

A Trans CHILD!

by Anonymousreply 115April 12, 2021 4:24 PM

Warren is nutx. She's literally a member of the Amherst English Department and that's exactly the sort of idea they would push at a faculty meeting. "First year trans student representatives on the search committee for the new Dean of Students is the LEAST we can expect from the administration!"

by Anonymousreply 116April 12, 2021 7:04 PM

I agree R114.

by Anonymousreply 117April 12, 2021 8:46 PM

Idiot rightwingers WWing themselves with sockpuppets don't realize how easy it is to spot them.

I hate that there are some ostensibly normal DLers who get swayed by these propagandists who post repeatedly about "woke" "SJW" "trans" blah blah blah.

Then again, if you're so terrified and/or cognitively impaired that you would vote for a Republican, especially in this day and age, because some anonymous shitbag on Datalounge said "the wokest of the woke leftists obsessed over Latinx and trans and now the Democratic Party is ruined" then I guess you deserve what you get.

by Anonymousreply 118April 12, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote] 0.6% of U.S. adults identify as transgender, but the Democrats will talk about them 100% of the time.

[quote]This is how we lose elections.

Don't "we" me, motherfucker, you're a rightwinger and no part of any "we" I belong to.

Democrats don't bring up trans much at all, except in relation to all the anti-trans bills being pushed recently.

The anti-trans movement in the US was started by fundies who were disappointed that they didn't win the war against gays, so they moved on to trans. The Democrats have largely been reacting to that movement. The Dems didn't start a movement on their own, they are REACTING to the FAR RELIGIOUS RIGHT who started this whole thing.

Your whole goal is to get Democrats to back down so the far right Christian fundie brigade can pass these laws without problem, creating a wedge and breaking apart the LGBT community, which they will continue to attack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 12, 2021 8:57 PM

[quote]Regardless of what the ancient Carville says, younger people DO use Latinx and people of color, and not just on Twitter.

Young people DON'T vote.

LatinX, folx and the rest may win tumblrs and tiktok credentials but they don't win votes when it matters. See the Latin vote for Trump in TX, FL

by Anonymousreply 120April 12, 2021 10:32 PM

R120 The margins of victory for the dems in the WH, Senate, US House races suggest that respecting those lesser used terms proved fruitful for the donkey party.

The small fraction of self identifying LatinX voters combined with the above quoted number of .6 identifying trans community who felt comfortable being out to pollsters (plus their supportive family, friends & co-workers) proved to be decisive in knocking out Trump, Mitch & McCarthy of any power positions in their respective chambers.

Latinx is still a new term & in 4 years more folks might adopt the description when the White House is up in 2024. Back when gay was a new term for us, these same DLers would say to abandon the word because .6 of the public is using the word. Every couple years, pollsters report more people using the L, G, B & T in their surveys.

20 years ago Jim Parsons, Ricky Martin, Caitlyn, Chaz, Elliot & others wouldn't have been using the terms publicly they are using today.

In order for the republicans to ban same sex marriage in several states like Ohio, they turned to & registered the small Amish community in those states to make it happen.

You'll NEVER hear a repub complain about turning to smaller voting blocks to advance their agenda but dems COSTANTLY bitch about this tactic. That's why left wing goals stall at all levels while repubs advance their agenda AT ALL LEVELS.

The Amish votes helped support Iraq war policies, tax cuts for the rich & more Supreme Court judges to the bench in the past 15 or so years when they voted for ballot measures, Senators, US house reps, governors & Bush but some "dems" try to shame their own party for doing what the repubs do to a better degree in the same time frame.

by Anonymousreply 121April 12, 2021 10:54 PM

[quote]Latinx is still a new term & in 4 years more folks might adopt the description

Nobody we know!

by Anonymousreply 122April 12, 2021 11:01 PM

R121, do any actual election stats support your sweeping statements?

[quote]Latinx is still a new term & in 4 years more folks might adopt the description when the White House is up in 2024

Where are the BlackX, AsianX etc. terminology warriors then? Why are only Latinos suddenly saddled with the-X?

'Latino' and 'Latina' are perfectly fine accepted terms and most importantly, they follow the rules of Spanish which has grammatical gender. So suddenly we have to make them more English-like?

Or to put it in terms SJW should understand - isn't that linguistic neo-colonialism?

by Anonymousreply 123April 12, 2021 11:11 PM

[quote] The margins of victory for the dems in the WH, Senate, US House races suggest. . . .

Let’s stop you right there. Granted, Biden got eight million more votes than tRump. But the margins of victory in the House and Senate? We lost seats in the House. And while we gained a few in the Senate in November, we only made it to the majority because of the Herculean efforts of Stacy Abrams.

Biden benefitted greatly from not being Cheatolini. But, he proved to have no coattails. I think that we should be troubled by the voting inclinations of Black and Hispanic men in the South and Southwest to give Drumpf the benefit of the doubt after four disastrous years.

by Anonymousreply 124April 13, 2021 3:25 AM

R119 Then you must’ve been asleep during Kamala Harris’s presidential run. She was literally running on transgender pronouns, asshole!

by Anonymousreply 125April 13, 2021 3:27 AM

[quote] Back when gay was a new term for us, these same DLers would say to abandon the word because .6 of the public is using the word.

Gee, where to start with your stupidity??

We'll start with the obvious: 0.6% of people ARE trans, not just "Using" the word. 10% of people historically have been gay/lesbian.

[quote]20 years ago Jim Parsons, Ricky Martin, Caitlyn, Chaz, Elliot & others wouldn't have been using the terms publicly they are using today.

Why are you mixing Gay people in with trans people like Caitlyn and Chaz? According to SJW dogma, gender and sexual orientation are two different things.

by Anonymousreply 126April 13, 2021 3:57 AM

[quote]Democrats don't bring up trans much at all, except in relation to all the anti-trans bills being pushed recently.

Tell that to Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris and everyone else who was running for Dem nomination.

We know that you trannies don't do well with something called "reality" but just making shit up about who talks about what when it's all available in documented media isn't going to convince others.

by Anonymousreply 127April 13, 2021 3:59 AM

Tis why i am no longer a democrat.

by Anonymousreply 128April 13, 2021 4:09 AM

How many anti-trans bills have the GOP introduced in the last couple of years? A LOT! How many hours in state houses and federal offices have been spent in discussing and passing anti-trans bills? Again A LOT! This is the same shit they pulled against gays during the Bush years.

Conservatives fucking LOVE identity politics.

by Anonymousreply 129April 13, 2021 4:22 AM

R129 they wouldn't have had to do that if the Dems and the TRANNY ACTIVISTS hadn't started making everything about THEM!

e.g. taking over women's spaces, forcing their way into women's sports, women's prisons, women's shelters.

The tranny's of yore would just do their best to "pass" and not make the world bow down to them.

by Anonymousreply 130April 13, 2021 4:25 AM

Conservatives started this, 100%.

by Anonymousreply 131April 13, 2021 4:26 AM

Yeah, it's conservatives who are pushing trannies into the Olympics women's team. Right.

by Anonymousreply 132April 13, 2021 4:26 AM

[quote]“I don’t know of a single person that thinks of themselves as a ‘person of color,'” Carville said. “I really don’t.

“I can't believe Nixon won. I don't know anyone who voted for him.”

by Anonymousreply 133April 13, 2021 4:36 AM

R126 I never said I was a card carrying member of the SJW group in the first place or even embraced 25% of the groups' "dogma" dummy. Projecting much? They're not on my radar as I'm not on any social media platforms (other than the DL) or care about what academia thinks. Get a life.

I was simply pointing out how the numbers of certain groups (which are seen as more left leaning to the general public) have grown in size than 20 years ago & reminding the DL (that read my comment at R121) of famous examples of folks who have embraced new terms to describe themselves (in regard to the above posting DLers who said that the CURRENT small numbers of people who identify as Latinx or trans are worthy of dismissal, etc.

R123 If by stats you mean the repubs recruiting the Amish community to come out & vote against same sex marriage. I think you can look it up online by googling "2004 Ohio Amish voters" or something similar. I don't set aside my personal time to do tons of research for lazy folks. The US still isn't at the 10% number of citizens identifying as gay & lesbian. The last poll I heard about was in the 5% range.

R124 Abrams did her job as a loyal democrat but she didn't cast millions of votes across the nation (just one). Everyone who voted dem across the US kicked Trump out of office, kept McCarthy from being US Speaker & stripped Mitch of being Majority leader.

As I basically pointed out in my R121 post, if repubs held on to the US house by losing 13 seats they would still be celebrating just like they did in 2016 when they lost 6 seats (but still held onto the US House). The dems love to make party infighting across the internet (& on tv) an art form.. In the repubs playbook, it's "a win is a win" but those words don't seem to be in the dem's playbook. The dems are acting like they lost the US House here in the first 100 days of the Biden admin. Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 134April 13, 2021 5:38 AM

Repugs only wish they had more identities beyond 'angry white male' in their party.

by Anonymousreply 135April 13, 2021 6:23 AM

R135 LOL!

by Anonymousreply 136April 13, 2021 6:24 AM

Conservatives fucking LOVE identity politics.

Conservatives?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 14, 2021 3:58 AM

Yes, Conservatives. Who the hell do you think passed the bills that banned trans students from school sports? It wasn't liberals. Conservatives fucking LOVE identity politics.

by Anonymousreply 138April 14, 2021 12:57 PM

I am very against the many excesses of "woke culture" (obviously a lot of it is just general decency, "don't use a racial slur," but when it turns into "never use a racial slur, even in journalism, P.S. intent doesn't matter!" that's nuts), but I truly think the republicans are in such a state of chaos right now that democrats will have to take some REALLY unpopular stances to hurt the party's 2022 performance. Unfortunately, one of those issues is trans women in female sports and LUPRON for kids (a deadly drug clinically proven to CAUSE a drop in cognition). Luckily, the media and the elite recognize this issue is toxic and have dramatically dampened coverage of trans issues altogether--have you noticed? Irresponsible, but good for dems I think.

by Anonymousreply 139April 14, 2021 1:06 PM

[quote]Yes, Conservatives. Who the hell do you think passed the bills that banned trans students from school sports?

Good. I wish Democrats grew some balls.

by Anonymousreply 140April 14, 2021 1:06 PM

Gruesome balls

by Anonymousreply 141April 14, 2021 1:10 PM

Yaaas kween. I don’t like periods, yaaas. ^

by Anonymousreply 142April 14, 2021 1:11 PM

The GOP may be pushing anti trans stuff now but that’s only because the Dems served it up to them on a silver platter.

Don’t loudly support controversial policies and platforms and not expect your political opponents to make hay when they prove unpopular.

by Anonymousreply 143April 14, 2021 1:11 PM

R140, so Identity politics is fine as long as you hate the people being attacked?

by Anonymousreply 144April 14, 2021 1:14 PM

No, kween, at R144. I’m 100% against left-wing gay conversion therapy, which is the Equality Act.

by Anonymousreply 145April 14, 2021 1:16 PM

That doesn't even make sense. It's like a tweet from bizarro world.

by Anonymousreply 146April 14, 2021 1:20 PM

Kween—you know EXACTLY what it means.

by Anonymousreply 147April 14, 2021 1:21 PM

The Yas Kweens are all about the trans shit.

by Anonymousreply 148April 14, 2021 1:22 PM

And the Muslim shit.

by Anonymousreply 149April 14, 2021 1:22 PM

R144 Sounds like it.

R143 The US Constitution (& several state ones) mention equal rights. "under the law" & trans folks pay taxes too (something you'll never hear a repub say).

Poor R145 thinks that the trans can be recruited into something else (just like folks said about gays). Same old same old.

by Anonymousreply 150April 14, 2021 1:22 PM

R150 = Dr John Money

by Anonymousreply 151April 14, 2021 1:23 PM

R147, no I seriously don't. It doesn't make any sense at all.

by Anonymousreply 152April 14, 2021 1:24 PM

Huh.

by Anonymousreply 153April 14, 2021 1:25 PM

He’s correct. I’m done with it. The only identity they won’t touch is class. That’s why Bernie got so many attacks. He would have been less threatening to TPTB if he focused on race and gender only instead of wealth disparity.

by Anonymousreply 154April 14, 2021 1:30 PM

[quote] The US Constitution (& several state ones) mention equal rights. "under the law" & trans folks pay taxes too (something you'll never hear a repub say).

Nonsensical response. The dilator goes in your crotch not your brain hon.

by Anonymousreply 155April 14, 2021 1:37 PM

[quote]Nonsensical response. The dilator goes in your crotch not your brain hon.

Then provide a sensical response and one without name calling, hon.

by Anonymousreply 156April 14, 2021 1:39 PM

R155 Name some repubs that has defended any trans person lately.

by Anonymousreply 157April 14, 2021 1:39 PM

Asa Hutchinson

by Anonymousreply 158April 14, 2021 1:46 PM

R158 He defended his state against a potential boycott so the only thing he defended there was $$$$$.

by Anonymousreply 159April 14, 2021 1:49 PM

Keep movin’ dem goalposts!

by Anonymousreply 160April 14, 2021 1:54 PM

[quote] There are males who aren't born in the correct body but are still attracted to females after their sex change operation hence they are of the lesbian orientation.

It’s not a “sex change,” it’s gender confirmation surgery! Your words are LITERAL VIOLENCE, you TRANSPHOBE!!1!

by Anonymousreply 161April 14, 2021 2:53 PM

I am no admirer of Carville, but he's right on this one. Both parties are currently driven by their extreme factions.

by Anonymousreply 162April 14, 2021 3:18 PM

He’s right

by Anonymousreply 163June 11, 2021 4:14 AM

It's not the weekend yet, it's a bit too early for the usual identity politics trolling to start.

by Anonymousreply 164June 11, 2021 4:17 AM

Many of us don’t work on Fridays

by Anonymousreply 165June 11, 2021 4:26 AM

James Carville is right.

One wants reparations and wokeness, go ask Koch, the Mercers, Sinclair, and Bezos. Not my tax money, and turning the Democratic Party into manufactured grievances and entitlements.

by Anonymousreply 166June 12, 2021 1:24 PM

This is the hill the far left wants to die on, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 167June 12, 2021 1:34 PM

Sensible words from Carville. Pity they were said to the deaf.

by Anonymousreply 168June 12, 2021 3:05 PM

[quote]There are males who aren't born in the correct body but .....

Stop!

THAT. IS. NOT. A. THING!

All of that "Assigned male at birth" garbage is nothing but insulting, stereotype enforcing bullshit! We are not coin slugs that get stamped by the mint like new nickels with this years date at birth! Gender is a scientific, foundational, chromosomal certainty, and only the gender norm-enforcing Trans movement disagrees!

by Anonymousreply 169June 13, 2021 12:16 AM

Null the TERFs & SWERFs oppressionists. They are eating so much beef and pork they are huge contributors to climate change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170June 13, 2021 12:47 AM

A belief in “gendered souls” is obviously religious dogma and thus cannot be mandated, under the 1A.

by Anonymousreply 171June 13, 2021 1:14 AM

You're really gonna counter with that r171? "Gendered souls"?

You sound very vulnerable to anti-science and psychobabble. The Gender Identity Movement depends on your guilelessness.

by Anonymousreply 172June 13, 2021 1:21 AM

R172 put down the scotch and reread the post.

by Anonymousreply 173June 13, 2021 1:23 AM

1A??

by Anonymousreply 174June 13, 2021 1:31 AM

The 1st Amendment protects freedom of belief in biology and the free speech to say ‘transwomen are men and 97% of them have a penis”.

by Anonymousreply 175June 13, 2021 1:42 AM

[quote][R172] put down the scotch and reread the post.

I'm sorry, I didn't understand it. The idea of "gendered souls" broke my brain.

I don't even drink.

by Anonymousreply 176June 13, 2021 5:30 AM

R176, trans extremists argue “gendered souls” negate and supersede material, factual, biological reality. Trans dogma is religious dogma, when it isn’t just fetish crazed sexism. Every law in the US that has been made to enforce adherence to gender ideology is a constitutional violation of the 1A.

by Anonymousreply 177June 13, 2021 9:13 AM

X this thread. The trans hate spreader keeps talking to herself. This isn't about Carville's advice anymore.

by Anonymousreply 178June 13, 2021 9:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!