Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gwen Stefani is about to be CANCELED for cultural appropriation

Apparently her new music video is appropriating black culture.

Because every black person is just like this, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 12, 2021 4:58 PM

Here is the video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2021 10:59 PM

I will not be erased!!!! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2021 11:00 PM

I love when liberals eat their own

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2021 11:00 PM

People need to back the fuck off. This shit is retarded. Anytime white people so much as fart it’s called out for appropriation. America is the fucking melting pot! Let’s melt already.

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2021 11:01 PM

Gurl please. I bet the same bitches calling for her cancellation were shaking their asses to this in 2001! NEXT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2021 11:05 PM

Wouldn’t be the first time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2021 11:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2021 11:10 PM

Perhaps this publicity will help her new single because the last few flopped despite being pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 8April 10, 2021 11:15 PM

How old is this hag? Why she singing songs for high school kids? That is Madonna level try hard .

Saweetie cant rap, but is gorgeous, she needs to stop going for the Cardi B look. She is almost like the Cassie of female rappers.

by Anonymousreply 9April 10, 2021 11:19 PM

idgaf, she had some jams and I still love them, cultural appropriation or not. This constipated PC generation can blow me. Sucking the fun out of everything with their non stop bitching.

by Anonymousreply 10April 10, 2021 11:19 PM

But her whole gimmick was based on cultural appropriation. She used , Cholo, Ska, punk ,Japanese, Jamaican, Hindi etc. etc. People haven’t gotten that already c . That’s what she does. I don’t care for her music or her fake plastic , persona but she is stylish .

by Anonymousreply 11April 10, 2021 11:23 PM

FFS she is 51 years old leave her be. The people who need to be cancelled are these no talent humanities graduates who write these “think” pieces.

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2021 12:56 AM

Yawn... Another weekend, another swarm of right wing trolls trying to start some "cancel culture" shit.. But, I thought this weekend was supposed to be all about faux Hunter Biden outrage?? Can you update your scripts from one weekend to another?

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2021 12:59 AM

Gwen, you're a woman of 50, now grow up. There's nothing tragic about being 50, not unless you try to be 15.

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2021 1:08 AM

R4, the only "retarded" one is you and your fellow conservatives.

They seem to think that anyone who gets criticized in any way has been "canceled"

R14 wins the thread

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2021 1:10 AM

R13 You should take it up with Newsweek.

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2021 1:11 AM

I'm a big fan of Gwen, but she's on her third or fourth comeback right now. I thought the last No Doubt album was great and I still listen to it, but it didn't burn up the charts. It carried over the new wave and punk sound from their previous album but I guess 80s nostalgia is on the wane. She also did experiment with Blake and went in a different direction but her old fans didn't really want that either. I don't mind her going back the original well.

by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2021 1:44 AM

R7, I don't like Gwen or No Doubt but that article is some moron with a stick up her ass writing some BS article. She is someone who took a "cultural studies" course or two and decided she is against profit, money, working, etc. and decide to write this drivel.

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2021 1:57 AM

And that article wonders why Gwen hasn't been cancelled yet--maybe it's because her career stopped being relevant around 2007.

by Anonymousreply 19April 11, 2021 1:57 AM

Gwen deserves to be canceled for many other reasons but not cultural appropriation. The only way we're going to achieve true racial equality is by dropping the whole idea of "race" and proprietary rights, and just acknowledging we are all one race: the human race. That and getting rid of money but that's a whole other issue. We also need to acknowledge that woke culture is in fact just the opposite side of the same coin as white supremacy...it is simply another form a fascism.

by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2021 2:32 AM

I was surprised she was canceled earlier for her asian girl thing.

Miranda is so much more interesting and talented, I love that she is a man eater.

by Anonymousreply 21April 11, 2021 2:35 AM

ACK that should have been I was surprised she was NOT canceled

by Anonymousreply 22April 11, 2021 2:36 AM

She looks like Casey Kasem's wife with her hair pulled back like that

by Anonymousreply 23April 11, 2021 2:39 AM

This is what she has always been doing. She referred to herself as a chola in the past. She appropriated the hell out of Japanese culture in the 2000s and even acted as if four Asian women were her pets. This may be the least amount of cultural appropriation she’s ever engaged in.

by Anonymousreply 24April 11, 2021 2:49 AM

Plus she wore a bindi as fashion and has worn a Native American headdress. Current Gwen is the least offensive Gwen ever probably. Cancel her because her music is shit not this shit.

by Anonymousreply 25April 11, 2021 2:51 AM

She should be cancelled for her involvement with that fat pig Blake Shelton.

by Anonymousreply 26April 11, 2021 2:56 AM

Yes r26 I don't know how she puts up with that pig, and the sad thing is she simpers around him and kisses his ass.

by Anonymousreply 27April 11, 2021 2:57 AM

Appropriation shit is just that.

So give me back my English, boiled beef and the missionary position or I'll cancel your arses.

by Anonymousreply 28April 11, 2021 3:30 AM

I haven't read all the comments on that article, but a lot of them, and so far? Not one person has defended the article, hehe.

Hopefully this nonsense is dying off. Most of the people in the comments are talking about the beauty of diversity too, while criticising this, which is lovely.

The bindi thing is annoying, because even I, someone who doesn't think much of Gwen to be honest, knows that the bindis were given to her by her boyfriend's mother who asked Gwen to wear them. What was she meant to do, chuck them back in her face and say: "begone you evil proponent of cultural appropriation!"?

There are SO many real problems in the world. We used to just roll our eyes at people doing things we thought silly, and move on. This appropriation stuff feels like an industry of outrage more than anything. And nothing ever gets improved.

by Anonymousreply 29April 11, 2021 5:31 AM

She’s not appropriating black culture in this new video. She’s just dressing in modern fashion.

by Anonymousreply 30April 11, 2021 5:33 AM

R29, exactly. Cultural appropriation wasn't even a topic of deabte until like 8 years ago so why are we even arguing about Gwen Stefani being "problematic"?Her heydey ended like 15 years ago!

by Anonymousreply 31April 11, 2021 5:34 AM

How can you identify someone who will never be happy?

By their frequent use of the stupid phrase "cultural appropriation."

They are doomed to a life of misery.

by Anonymousreply 32April 11, 2021 5:36 AM

R32 but it's the insanity that the far left has caused in the last 8 years

It's a constant cycle

As an Italian born to (legally) immigrant parents, I'm offended when non Italian people eat pizza!

It HURTS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 33April 11, 2021 8:07 PM

I’m very hurt by all the Llama gifs, dolls ,mugs and memes that have have become so popular as of late . It’s very hurtful to South Americans and it must stop.

by Anonymousreply 34April 11, 2021 9:23 PM

Gwen Stefani was a skate betty - she hung out with guys but was still feminine. What's the problem with that? The bindi bullshit. Who decides how enlightened people are, or if or can they can or should display where they are "on the path?" I mean, why are we judging this?? Shouldn't this be a good thing if people are open to learning? FFS Gwen Stefani is not fking Marilyn Manson mocking every tenet known to humanity.

by Anonymousreply 35April 12, 2021 5:39 AM

Beyonce dressed in traditional Indian garb and a bindi in the video she did with Coldplay. Was that appropriation, or is that accusation only lobbed at people of European origin?

by Anonymousreply 36April 12, 2021 5:48 AM

And hey, hay what about Crocodile Hunter's daughter whose name is Bindi? Oh, of course, let's cancel her even tho she seems a nice person, except for her name. Because it's egregious this shit!!

by Anonymousreply 37April 12, 2021 5:52 AM

It really is r36 - I have no problem with people who admit it, it's the pretence that annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 38April 12, 2021 2:11 PM

Oh please. Get over yourselves. “European origins”. Actually, all of our origins are in Africa.

by Anonymousreply 39April 12, 2021 3:10 PM

She also appropriated yodeling, which erases Nazi identities!! Brown Nazi lives matter!

by Anonymousreply 40April 12, 2021 3:34 PM

Can't we just cancel this medieval cancel culture mob once and for all?

by Anonymousreply 41April 12, 2021 3:39 PM

R18 don’t blame the author! Manufactured racial tension is a tried and true moneymaker!

by Anonymousreply 42April 12, 2021 4:36 PM

Anyone who is really bothered by what a pop star wears leads a very privileged existence.

by Anonymousreply 43April 12, 2021 4:42 PM

R3, if you hate "liberals" so much maybe stick to parler

by Anonymousreply 44April 12, 2021 4:43 PM

R43, anyone who thinks criticizing someone is "canceling" them needs to get some perspective

BTW, your fellow conservatives freaked out over Obama's tan suit and Janet Jackson's boobs. You might want to sit this one out.

by Anonymousreply 45April 12, 2021 4:44 PM

R41, the "medieval" ones are the people who think freedom of speech means freedom from criticism

And if you want to see a "mob" maybe watch some footage of Jan. 6th

Are people so dumb they think criticizing people is canceling them?

by Anonymousreply 46April 12, 2021 4:46 PM

Remember that you also can’t serve food that is of a different cultural origin than your own. They tried to put restaurant owners out of business.

by Anonymousreply 47April 12, 2021 4:50 PM

[quote]Sucking the fun out of everything with their non stop bitching.

Can you imagine being a Datalounger and saying this about someone else?

by Anonymousreply 48April 12, 2021 4:54 PM

R45 I didn’t say anything about “cancelling” and I’m not conservative. I think you meant someone else.

by Anonymousreply 49April 12, 2021 4:57 PM

[quote]Are people so dumb they think criticizing people is canceling them?

On DL? Yes.

Mostly it's the rightwing trolls who scream like widdle babies about "SJWs" and "cancel culture," and it works on DL because we have a lot of scared, cranky, old, gullible posters who are terrified of change.

I bring this up a lot but this thread I'm linking was truly, completely embarrassing. Dozens and dozens of people saying Trump would win because the "liberals" had "banned" Gone With the Wind, it was censored, it was fascism, we were all going to be rounded up into gulags now, etc. etc.

It didn't matter how many times you told them the movie was gone on one streaming service briefly, for a few days, to add a disclaimer, they absolutely would not believe it. They insisted it was mass SJW woke liberal Millennial censorship and we were all gonna die.

Pretty much gave up on trying to help DLers at that point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 12, 2021 4:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!