Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Army Lieutenant Held at Gunpoint and Repeatedly Pepper Sprayed

TMZ posted the video and story today.

“A U.S. Army Lieutenant was repeatedly pepper sprayed and physically attacked by a cop ... all over the fact he didn't have a rear license plate.

Lt. Caron Nazario, who is Black and Latino, was driving his Chevy Tahoe in Windsor, Virginia when cops noticed he didn't have plates. You can see from the bodycam, the Chevy appears to be new and there's a registration attached to the window. Once cops lit him up, he drove a little under a mile before pulling into a well-lit gas station.

It's hard to watch. The cop with the bodycam is unrelenting ... screaming at Nazario to get out of his SUV. At one point the Lieutenant says, "I'm honestly afraid to get out." The cop barks back, "You should be!"

Nazario has his hands up in the air the whole time, but the cop is increasingly frustrated and then amps things up, pepper-spraying Nazario 4 times. His dog was in the back choking from the pepper spray.

Nazario is pulled out of the SUV and is sobbing as he's ordered to the ground and cuffed. He claims one of the cops told him if he complained, they'd throw the book at him with all sorts of charges -- obstruction of justice, eluding police, assault on a cop, etc.

The incident went down December 5, but the bodycam video was just released. Nazario has filed a lawsuit alleging a violation of his Constitutional rights.

It's interesting ... the younger cop who is watching as the other officer is barking orders seems uneasy, but ultimately does what his superior tells him to do.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228April 18, 2021 11:37 PM

When will they ever learn?

by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2021 4:29 PM

Ahh Virginia is for (cop) lovers!!

by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2021 4:32 PM

"Dont start nothin there wont be nothin" . Its all a money grab now. They hope beyond hope it escalates (as it always does because cops are assholes as a rule) so they can file a lawsuit. Dude should have just pulled over . Had he been white the cops reactions would have been exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2021 4:34 PM

He is in his fatigues.

Why are white men so evil?

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2021 4:35 PM

Why is a Latino living in the East? Everybody knows Latinos are only safe if they head West.

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2021 4:36 PM

You are an asshole, R3.

Eventually all police departments will run out of money from all the lawsuits, good.

Either that or police training is going to have to expand, by a lot. Weed out those nuts that only want power and have physiological screenings. .

My city has just announced that police training will be expanded a few more weeks to allow for more training.

by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2021 4:43 PM

I found this more disgusting than George Floyd.

by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2021 4:44 PM

Blacks can do whatever they want!

by Anonymousreply 8April 10, 2021 4:48 PM

Police in America are way too brutal.

I want to move to safe ol' Australia.

by Anonymousreply 9April 10, 2021 4:49 PM

How many times are they going to ask him to get out of the car?

by Anonymousreply 10April 10, 2021 4:50 PM

The officers blatantly misrepresented ALL the details of the encounter. Contradicted by what is clearly apparent from bodycam footage. The natural inclination of every white police officer is to lie about their interactions with Black people. Any officer who neglects to activate his bodycam before engaging a civilian should be terminated.

by Anonymousreply 11April 10, 2021 5:04 PM

Why didn't he have a license plate? Why did he wait a mile to stop? They have temporary tags in Virginia that car dealers could give to customers to drive off until the new metal plates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 10, 2021 5:05 PM

[quote]The natural inclination of every white police officer is to lie about their interactions with Black people.

I like how you capitalized black but not white. I just think it’s so cute.

by Anonymousreply 13April 10, 2021 5:06 PM

This is quite a sight. The over-militarized police taking on a person in the military for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 14April 10, 2021 5:06 PM

Law enforcement draws psychopaths like shit draws flies. The PCL-R needs to be administered to every single police officer, whether already tenured or new hire.

by Anonymousreply 15April 10, 2021 5:08 PM

It’s bizarre people are defending this guy. No license plate, no compliance—it’s going to be a long decade.

by Anonymousreply 16April 10, 2021 5:11 PM

I read elsewhere that it was a new car, and he had a temporary plate in the rear window.

by Anonymousreply 17April 10, 2021 5:22 PM

R12/r16 must've been slow in school. What part of "it was a new car and the registration was taped in the window" did you not understand?

by Anonymousreply 18April 10, 2021 5:29 PM

They're going to have to establish at least a minimum of 100 IQ to be in law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 19April 10, 2021 7:15 PM

“They're going to have to establish at least a minimum of 100 IQ to be in law enforcement.“

In NYC, they won’t accept you into the police academy if you score too high in their aptitude test.

by Anonymousreply 20April 10, 2021 7:25 PM

[quote]How many times are they going to ask him to get out of the car?

I can't blame him for not wanting to move. As soon as he reached down to unbuckle his seatbelt, they would probably open fire because, you know, they thought he was reaching for a weapon.

by Anonymousreply 21April 10, 2021 7:30 PM

They also just, you know, PEPPER SPRAYED HIM

by Anonymousreply 22April 10, 2021 7:32 PM

And why did they never tell him why they were pulling him over? If they had just said "We're pulling you over for no license tag", then he could have said "It's a new car and the temporary tag is taped to the rear window". Then they could have verified that and said "You're free to go".

But what's the fun in that when you're a psycho cop with your gun drawn on the black guy?

by Anonymousreply 23April 10, 2021 7:34 PM

The Army officer had a temporary plate on his windshield. He took so long to stop because he wanted to do it in a well-lit place, such as that gas station. He was very smart to do that, given the very clear resultant video evidence.

I feel sorry for him b/c he just keeps asking why is this happening, with no answer. Like someone else said here, sooner or later these police departments are gonna run out of money dealing with these lawsuits, then magically they will get their act together to protect vs. harass or murder citizens.

by Anonymousreply 24April 10, 2021 7:35 PM

He’s lucky that’s all they did to him.

by Anonymousreply 25April 10, 2021 7:36 PM

I mean, I know this is hard for some of you to get through your thick racist skulls, but they got out of their car with guns drawn and refused to hell him why they pulled him over. Which, by the way, they can't do.

by Anonymousreply 26April 10, 2021 7:51 PM

[quote]He took so long to stop because he wanted to do it in a well-lit place, such as that gas station. He was very smart to do that, given the very clear resultant video evidence.

Indeed, it may have saved his life.

by Anonymousreply 27April 10, 2021 7:51 PM

When the asshole cop asks the Army man what his rank was, Army Guy tells him "I'm a Lieutenant," only to receive a smirked, "Well, LIEUTENANT...", I immediately remembered the old joke:

[quote]Q: What do you call a Black man with an M.D.?

[quote]A: "Nigger."

To all you DLers constantly whining about why the Derek Chauvin trial is being covered so extensively, THIS is why.

by Anonymousreply 28April 10, 2021 8:00 PM

[quote] but they got out of their car with guns drawn and refused to hell him why they pulled him over. Which, by the way, they can't do.

You’re wrong.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no law that says a police officer must tell you why they pulled you over. And there’s certainly nothing to indicate that’s one of the first things they have to do.

And there’s no law or policy saying a police officer cannot pull his weapon when he feels endangered. That’s up to his interpretation, regardless of how ludicrous it would appear to most of us.

by Anonymousreply 29April 10, 2021 8:01 PM

If I got stopped and was told to get out of the car I WOULD FUCKING GET OUT OF THE CAR PRONTO!

I know it's not woke to say this but, fuck, these guys who resist arrest and refuse to follow police orders are asking for trouble. Who in their right minds tries to start an argument with the police about whether they had the right to stop him or not???

Listen to Chris Rock, dudes. Do what you're told.

by Anonymousreply 30April 10, 2021 8:02 PM

That’s not the law, r30.

by Anonymousreply 31April 10, 2021 8:09 PM

I've been kind of sad that more cops weren't killed by crazed Trumpers at the Capitol.

I know it sounds bad, but it really would have been a win-win.

by Anonymousreply 32April 10, 2021 8:11 PM

R30, he doesn’t get out because he’s afraid he’s going to end up dead like George Floyd and the countless other black people that have been murdered recently.

by Anonymousreply 33April 10, 2021 8:11 PM

R32 is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 34April 10, 2021 8:12 PM

Actually, it is, r31.

While you’re on a traffic step, you are detained and are in the care, custody, and control of that police officer. If they demand you get out of the car, you must comply.

But even if it weren’t, why sit and argue and escalate the situation? You’re never going to win on the side of the road. In court, maybe, but never there on the side of the road. Whether the cop is right or wrong.

by Anonymousreply 35April 10, 2021 8:15 PM

[quote]If I got stopped and was told to get out of the car I WOULD FUCKING GET OUT OF THE CAR PRONTO!

I assume you're white, R30. Because if you are:

A. The cops probably wouldn't have immediately pulled their guns on you as soon as you stopped, and

B. If you reached down to unbuckle your seatbelt so that you could get out of the car as demanded, it would be unlikely that they would respond to that "danger" with a volley of gunfire.

Complying with a officer's commands when you're a black person carries no guarantee that you won't be killed. See Castile, Philando.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 10, 2021 8:29 PM

[quote]I know it's not woke to say this but, fuck, these guys who resist arrest and refuse to follow police orders are asking for trouble.

How soon we forget our gay history. Ask your eldergays about things they had to endure at the hands of police. All in the name of "follow police orders". Some are still traumatized.

by Anonymousreply 37April 10, 2021 8:48 PM

[quote]Why did he wait a mile to stop?

Because he wanted to be in a well lit public place because he was wary of how he would be treated by the cops - and he was right.

by Anonymousreply 38April 10, 2021 8:59 PM

He did not comply—at all. He did not have a temporary license plate and reading it off twitter or Lip Stick Alley does not make it so. When cops tell you to pull over, you pull over immediately. You don’t keep driving for a mile. When cops tell you to step out of your vehicle, you immediately step out of your vehicle. You did not sit in your vehicle. You COMPLY woke assholes.

by Anonymousreply 39April 10, 2021 9:00 PM

The guy should have pulled over. The police shouldn't have overreacted. Police need training on *deescalating* conflicts. Police and soldiers are not heroes; they're getting paid for a job they chose, a job with risks.

by Anonymousreply 40April 10, 2021 9:13 PM

[quote]He did not have a temporary license plate and reading it off twitter or Lip Stick Alley does not make it so.

How about reading in the local newspaper? Does that make it so?

[quote]And while Crocker had radioed he was pulling the vehicle over for not having a license plate, his body cam showed there was a cardboard license plate typically used on new cars posted in the rear window, the complaint says.

[quote]When Nazario told the officers he waited to pull over until he could get to a well-lit area, Gutierrez said that was “reasonable,” the claim states. The officer also said it “happens all the time” and that “80% of the time it is a minority” who waits to get to a lit area.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 10, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote]The guy should have pulled over. The police shouldn't have overreacted. Police need training on *deescalating* conflicts. Police and soldiers are not heroes; they're getting paid for a job they chose, a job with risks.

Yes. Cops should be nice to blacks (and blacks only) who don’t listen to cops. “Sir, please listen to me? Please? Please? I beg you. I beg you black king. You’re my king, black man”.

by Anonymousreply 42April 10, 2021 9:15 PM

R40 nails it.

Absolutely nails it.

by Anonymousreply 43April 10, 2021 9:16 PM

The Pilot is woke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 10, 2021 9:18 PM

Well if Barry A. Dalton of Chesapeake says so, it must be true.

by Anonymousreply 45April 10, 2021 9:21 PM

[Quote] Why didn't he have a license plate? Why did he wait a mile to stop? They have temporary tags in Virginia that car dealers could give to customers to drive off until the new metal plates.

The temporary tag is taped to the back window.

He drove a mile to a well-lighted gas station which is actually a recommended move for anyone who feels uncomfortable when police follow.

Sure it’s easy to just say “Do whatever the police say” but doing so can get you easily shot if you’re black. The policeman’s reaction was crazy.

Pulling a gun on and threatening to shoot for a traffic violation is exactly what is wrong with American cops.

by Anonymousreply 46April 10, 2021 9:21 PM

I’m a low class piece of shit with a gun and you must do whatever I say.

by Anonymousreply 47April 10, 2021 9:21 PM

[Quote] When Nazario told the officers he waited to pull over until he could get to a well-lit area, Gutierrez said that was “reasonable,” the claim states. The officer also said it “happens all the time” and that “80% of the time it is a minority” who waits to get to a lit area.

Hmm, I wonder why minorities do that?

by Anonymousreply 48April 10, 2021 9:22 PM

[quote]The temporary tag is taped to the back window.

Where? Because I don’t see one in the video.

by Anonymousreply 49April 10, 2021 9:23 PM

The video we're seeing is from Gutierrez' bodycam. The claim says that it was Crocker's bodycam that shows the tag.

by Anonymousreply 50April 10, 2021 9:25 PM

After the initial request to open the door and get out of the car, they told him a few times to "keep your hands outside the window" then tell him to "get out of the car" repeatedly.

So basically no matter what he does, he is disobeying legal orders. One can't keep both hands out the window and get out of the car. He knows his own life was better protected by keeping both hands out the window then it is reaching for his seatbelt and door lock to get out of the car.

He also told them he was scared to get out of the car and the cop says you should be. That is going to reinforce his decision to stay in the car.

I get the cops fear was heightened because he drove to the gas station versus stopping along the side of the road however their ability to assess risk, communicate, and deescalate this situation was non existent.

by Anonymousreply 51April 10, 2021 9:25 PM

[quote]Hmm, I wonder why minorities do that?

I’ll try this being white in this woke world. Whites get lit up the most by cops. I can only imagine.

by Anonymousreply 52April 10, 2021 9:28 PM

[quote]Yes. Cops should be nice to blacks (and blacks only) who don’t listen to cops. “Sir, please listen to me? Please? Please? I beg you. I beg you black king. You’re my king, black man”.

What a straw man-wielding dreg. Bullets are tasty, you know? Try one.

by Anonymousreply 53April 10, 2021 9:29 PM

[quote] The video we're seeing is from Gutierrez' bodycam. The claim says that it was Crocker's bodycam that shows the tag.

If we’re having a hard time seeing it on a video, and it’s specific to one officer’s bodycam, is it that unreasonable the police officer didn’t see it before pulling him over?

by Anonymousreply 54April 10, 2021 9:31 PM

R13. Gee, you wrote the exact same response (down to the condescending use of “cute”) in another thread last week, when I capitalized Black but not white . I explained that this was current journalistic practice (and I am not the poster in this thread). Your obsessive investment in race-baiting is anything but cute (I am white, by the way—it’s as ugly as your heart, soul, and mind. FF

by Anonymousreply 55April 10, 2021 9:31 PM

Generally I agree in complying with police officers' requests, however the military officer was reasonable , respectful and clearly not under the influence of alcohol or drugs. That cop was just an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 56April 10, 2021 9:33 PM

[quote]Bullets are tasty, you know? Try one.

Oh I will when I don’t comply with cops.

by Anonymousreply 57April 10, 2021 9:34 PM

[quote]however the military officer was reasonable , respectful

Not at all. He didn’t listen to the cops at all.

by Anonymousreply 58April 10, 2021 9:35 PM

Aren’t you like 90? Just get it over with.

by Anonymousreply 59April 10, 2021 9:35 PM

[Quote] If we’re having a hard time seeing it on a video, and it’s specific to one officer’s bodycam, is it that unreasonable the police officer didn’t see it before pulling him over?

Um, isn’t that the cop’s one job?

by Anonymousreply 60April 10, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote]I am white and woke.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 61April 10, 2021 9:38 PM

[Quote] Not at all. He didn’t listen to the cops at all.

Blacks get harassed by cops all the fucking time. When I hear that a black guy got shot by a cop because he didn’t follow orders, I totally empathize with the black guy.

When someone is bullying you constantly, there’s a point where you stop listening to every fucking order from a guy on a power trip.

by Anonymousreply 62April 10, 2021 9:39 PM

So this will now be Army v police, like alien v predator? Who will win?

by Anonymousreply 63April 10, 2021 9:42 PM

You people frothing at the mouth because he had no license plate--THE FUCKING CAR IS NEW YOU MORONS. You don't get a license plate until several weeks after you buy it.

by Anonymousreply 64April 10, 2021 9:45 PM

No shit, r64, but in the meantime you have a temporary registration that is affixed to the car.

Morons, huh? How ironic.

by Anonymousreply 65April 10, 2021 9:51 PM

[quote] Um, isn’t that the cop’s one job?

Not by far.

And the point is, if we’re having a difficult time seeing it, it’s not that unreasonable he’d have a difficult time seeing it.

That doesn’t excuse the cops actions or reactions, but that may be reasonable as to why he stopped him.

by Anonymousreply 66April 10, 2021 9:53 PM

I was wondering what idiotic spin the racists would put in this story. You assholes never disappoint.

by Anonymousreply 67April 10, 2021 10:14 PM

Like I said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 10, 2021 10:56 PM

It should've never ever esculated to that point, regardless of why he was pulled over.

by Anonymousreply 69April 10, 2021 11:34 PM

R68, like Chris Rock said:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 10, 2021 11:52 PM

R68 is a tired racist cliche.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 10, 2021 11:52 PM

Chris Rock and the police IRL:

[quote]In 2013, while filming an episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, Rock and Jerry Seinfeld were pulled over by New Jersey police for speeding. “It would be such a better episode if he pulls me to the side and beats the shit out of me,” Rock jokingly tells Seinfeld. “If you weren’t here, I’d be scared. Yeah, I’m famous—still black.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 10, 2021 11:57 PM

To reiterate r51’s point, how was he supposed to keep both his hands out the window while simultaneously getting out of the car?

So right now, we got cops who can’t see a license plate taped to the rear window and cops who scream conflicting orders.

Cops who then said they would not issue a citation which would “get him in trouble with the army” if he promised not to tell anyone what happened. He went home and immediately told the Army.

I hope his dog is alright. It was in the car when the guy was pepper sprayed.

by Anonymousreply 73April 11, 2021 12:04 AM

[quote] To reiterate R51’s point, how was he supposed to keep both his hands out the window while simultaneously getting out of the car?

You’ve never seen a car door opened from the outside? If both hands are out the window, you open the door from the outside handle. If you need to take off your seatbelt, you tell that to them.

It’s not a miracle of physics.

by Anonymousreply 74April 11, 2021 12:11 AM

The cops were out of control and he was acting like a fool trying to talk over their crazy screaming. Everyone here, no exceptions, chipped in to create this disgusting escalation. You'd think people would know better at this point.

by Anonymousreply 75April 11, 2021 12:25 AM

[quote]You’ve never seen a car door opened from the outside? If both hands are out the window, you open the door from the outside handle. If you need to take off your seatbelt, you tell that to them.

You've never seen the spot lights on a police cruiser, which employed would have illuminated the temporary dealer's tag in the Lieutenant's rear window?

Onus is on the peace officer to handle his business.

by Anonymousreply 76April 11, 2021 12:25 AM

Disgusting

by Anonymousreply 77April 11, 2021 12:26 AM

[quote] You've never seen the spot lights on a police cruiser, which employed would have illuminated the temporary dealer's tag in the Lieutenant's rear window?

If it’s not visible under ordinary conditions, the police aren’t responsible for employing a 20,000 lumens spotlight to see it before stopping the motorist.

by Anonymousreply 78April 11, 2021 12:33 AM

The law needs to specifically allow people who are being pulled over to drive to a well-lit where others are around.

by Anonymousreply 79April 11, 2021 11:46 AM

In the case of the particular county where this happened, it DOES.

by Anonymousreply 80April 11, 2021 12:31 PM

All of this could have been avoided if he were white.

by Anonymousreply 81April 11, 2021 12:37 PM

If he were white, people would have cheering for the cops. If he were a white woman, people (especially here) would be calling him a “Karen”. I hope this case gets thrown out.

by Anonymousreply 82April 11, 2021 12:50 PM

[quote]would be calling him a “Karen”.

And a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 83April 11, 2021 12:52 PM

If he were white, it wouldn't have happened.

by Anonymousreply 84April 11, 2021 12:52 PM

I thought I'd blocked all the racist trolls shitting on every thread on DL.

I just opened this thread for the first time and ... apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 85April 11, 2021 12:53 PM

[quote]If he were white, it wouldn't have happened.

Yes. He would have been shot, not pepper sprayed.

by Anonymousreply 86April 11, 2021 12:57 PM

White lawbreaker: Racist, trailer trash!

Black lawbreaker: Innocent hero!!

by Anonymousreply 87April 11, 2021 1:02 PM

I’m trying to imagine opening the door from the outside while inside the car. Keeping both hands visible, moving slowly... OOPS door is locked! How to unlock it when the latch is inside on the door handle now? Not like the old days when it was that thingie that you pulled up, KEEPING BOTH HANDS VISIBLE AT ALL TIMES. Don’t want to end up like Philandro Castile.

by Anonymousreply 88April 11, 2021 1:03 PM

Money grab case.

by Anonymousreply 89April 11, 2021 1:03 PM

You do realize that this guy didn't break the law, right?

He had a tag. He pulled into a well-lit area as allowed by law.

God, I wish Muriel would do something about the Stormfront refugees.

by Anonymousreply 90April 11, 2021 1:04 PM

[quote]Black lawbreaker: Innocent hero!!

That’s the way it is for everything. Even homophobia. Assholes here side with the fucking black homophobe!

by Anonymousreply 91April 11, 2021 1:05 PM

[quote]You do realize that this guy didn't break the law, right?

And you know this how R90? Were you present when the incident occurred? Oh yeah, that's what the media reported.

by Anonymousreply 92April 11, 2021 1:08 PM

R28 the cop is probably one of those wannabe military guys who secretly hate actually military men.

by Anonymousreply 93April 11, 2021 1:09 PM

The woke media. ^.

by Anonymousreply 94April 11, 2021 1:09 PM

No matter how hard you try to justify the situation — he should have stopped on the dark road ASAP! he should have contorted himself like Stretch Armstrong and opened the door from the outside! he should have not driven the car until he had license plates permanently affixed to the car with rivets! — whataboutism is not a good look. It’s easy to engage in such activity from the confines of your own home. It’s quite another when you are the subject of intense psychological pressure being directed at you by several armed officers who are screaming at you. The department is fully aware of the consequences of the actions of these officers.

by Anonymousreply 95April 11, 2021 3:32 PM

The Yas Kweens want blacks to do as they please. Their wish is my command. Good luck Yas Kweens.

by Anonymousreply 96April 11, 2021 3:46 PM

Regardless of what you think of the army lieutenant, the police officer has too fragile of an ego and too thin of a skin for the job. His level of being upset for the situation was unwarranted and he does not seem suited for a job that is going to have a number of contentious encounters (which I am guessing is true for a number of cops).

by Anonymousreply 97April 11, 2021 4:09 PM

R92 is one of the dumbest people to ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER live.

by Anonymousreply 98April 11, 2021 4:10 PM

I cannot get why cops are so stupid not to realize they will get in trouble for this kind of shit in this era when everyone has cellphone cameras.

by Anonymousreply 99April 11, 2021 6:13 PM

For two reasons:

1) Did these guys get in trouble? I haven’t heard anything yet.

2) They’ve gotten away with it for so long, it’s a natural reaction.

Look at Chauvin. In addition to their body cameras, they had to have known there were cameras right there on the street. Not to even mention the bystanders cameras. That’s why he didn’t care, he thought (thankfully incorrectly) that he wouldn’t get in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 100April 11, 2021 6:22 PM

[quote]Why are white men so evil?

Because they still have Neanderthal genes.

by Anonymousreply 101April 11, 2021 6:30 PM

I am glad they sprayed him. He didn’t get out of the car as told.

by Anonymousreply 102April 11, 2021 6:41 PM

Non compliance indicates guilt to the cops. Can’t blame him.

by Anonymousreply 103April 11, 2021 6:45 PM

R16 You are really dense.

Even if the guy made something wrong there was absolutely no reason to react the way they reacted.

I can understand being a cop must be difficult in the USA with so many loonies and all of them with a weapon but cops seem totally untrained in most times. They should learn to deal with situations like this. And come on, the guy is in uniform.

If you are from europe, the first thing they say to you when you visit the USA is that you have to be careful with cops, because they are not like european cops

by Anonymousreply 104April 11, 2021 6:48 PM

What was the cop supposed to do if the driver didn’t want to come out of car ?

by Anonymousreply 105April 11, 2021 6:50 PM

Beg and plead and cry (because he’s black).

by Anonymousreply 106April 11, 2021 6:53 PM

R104 - go post on datalounge.com.uk. Go on now. Shoo.

by Anonymousreply 107April 11, 2021 6:54 PM

So an army guy is to be treated differently ?

by Anonymousreply 108April 11, 2021 6:54 PM

Well-a black guy.

by Anonymousreply 109April 11, 2021 6:55 PM

R107 Go and fuck yourself

R108 Maybe because they should suppose it's not a threaten for them

Anyway, it's not about being treated differently, it's being treated with respect like everybody should.

In other countries cops are there to defend people

by Anonymousreply 110April 11, 2021 6:57 PM

R110 — datalounge.com.uk is up and running. Go post over there.

by Anonymousreply 111April 11, 2021 6:58 PM

R110 he didn’t show respect to cop by non compliance

by Anonymousreply 112April 11, 2021 6:58 PM

R111 I'm not british

by Anonymousreply 113April 11, 2021 6:58 PM

Whatever you are. Go over there.

by Anonymousreply 114April 11, 2021 7:00 PM

[Quote] And the point is, if we’re having a difficult time seeing it, it’s not that unreasonable he’d have a difficult time seeing it.

And pulling a gun and threatening to shoot someone because of it is reasonable?

by Anonymousreply 115April 11, 2021 7:00 PM

R114 No

by Anonymousreply 116April 11, 2021 7:00 PM

It seems that US police are trained solely to use guns in all situations.

THAT’s the problem.

by Anonymousreply 117April 11, 2021 7:01 PM

R115 You must be one of those morons who have an erection everytime they hear the national anthem

by Anonymousreply 118April 11, 2021 7:01 PM

[Quote] In other countries cops are there to defend people

In the US cops defend people too...white people

by Anonymousreply 119April 11, 2021 7:02 PM

It’s a problem only if the perp is black. Whites—meh, not a problem.

by Anonymousreply 120April 11, 2021 7:02 PM

R117 Wich means they are not well trained.

A cop should know how to solve a situation not making it worse than it was

by Anonymousreply 121April 11, 2021 7:02 PM

International wokesters.

by Anonymousreply 122April 11, 2021 7:03 PM

I used to think police were paragons of the law, respectful of all.

Then I heard a conversation two cops were having. One said to the other “Before I got this job, I was loading boxes at the dock.”

They’re just regular, often lower middle class, most often white, men who come to the job with built in prejudices. It’s tough to get those out.

by Anonymousreply 123April 11, 2021 7:03 PM

[Quote] International wokesters.

I guess demanding police actually protect people and not pull guns on everyone is being “woke.”

The guy did NOTHING wrong. NOTHING.

And people here are defending police pulling a gun and threatening him.

by Anonymousreply 124April 11, 2021 7:04 PM

R122 There are bad seeds everywhere but in the USA there's a pattern of behaviour pretty obvious.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of good cops but the bad ones are prominent in some places

by Anonymousreply 125April 11, 2021 7:05 PM

[quote]Oh yeah, that's what the media reported. . . and then there's reality

Do you also believe "the media" is inflating the pandemic statistics?

by Anonymousreply 126April 11, 2021 7:06 PM

R124 if that asshole perp was white, you wouldn’t give two shits what that cop did. The world is too woke. Where’s that asteroid?

by Anonymousreply 127April 11, 2021 7:09 PM

[quote]What was the cop supposed to do if the driver didn’t want to come out of car ?

A good start would be to not shout orders that can't be carried out.

"Keep your hands out of the window!" "Get out of the car!"

How's the guy supposed to undo his seatbelt? If he pulls a hand back inside, they'd shoot him and say "we thought he was reaching for a weapon."

Fucking cops in control of the situation don't use their goddamned heads and think straight. A dangerous combination when they're pointed loaded guns at a person.

by Anonymousreply 128April 11, 2021 7:15 PM

Read the other posts of some of the racists on this thread: COVID-deniers, anti-vaxxers, homophobes. What a trollfest.

by Anonymousreply 129April 11, 2021 7:18 PM

[quote]Read the other posts of some of the racists on this thread: COVID-deniers, anti-vaxxers, homophobes. What a trollfest.

And transphobes, Islamaphobes, and Jew Lovers!

by Anonymousreply 130April 11, 2021 7:20 PM

[quote][R30], he doesn’t get out because he’s afraid he’s going to end up dead like George Floyd and the countless other black people that have been murdered recently.

COUNTLESS???

Actually they have been counted, and the majority have not been black

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 11, 2021 7:40 PM

[Quote] if that asshole perp was white, you wouldn’t give two shits what that cop did.

It wouldn’t have happened to a white guy.

And he’s not a perp

by Anonymousreply 132April 11, 2021 7:47 PM

[Quote] Actually they have been counted, and the majority have not been black

So expect a black guy being followed and stopped by a police car to analyze the statistics and determine based on that what might happen?

He’s basing his decisions on his life experiences

by Anonymousreply 133April 11, 2021 7:48 PM

[Quote] t he world is too woke.

The second white people get called out on their racist bullshit, whites try to twist it an call it “woke” or “cacel culture.”

by Anonymousreply 134April 11, 2021 7:50 PM

You would change your tune if there was a corpse at the back of the car

by Anonymousreply 135April 11, 2021 8:01 PM

Police in the US kill far more people than do police in other first world democracies. About 1 in 1,000 black men are killed by police. About 1 in 2,000 white men are killed by police. Women have about a 1 in 33,000 chance of being killed by police.

by Anonymousreply 136April 11, 2021 8:05 PM

Let the woke rule. Let them. I’ll bow out of voting. If Americans want woke, they shall have it.

by Anonymousreply 137April 11, 2021 8:09 PM

R124 Who are you angry at? It's hilarious how the BLM movement brought out a bunch of "White people suffer from police brutality, but nobody cares about us!" types. Do something about it you flaccid prick or do you like the taste of boot that much?

by Anonymousreply 138April 11, 2021 8:13 PM

R136 Maybe because larger portion of black men commit crimes ?

by Anonymousreply 139April 11, 2021 8:15 PM

[quote] And the point is, if we’re having a difficult time seeing it, it’s not that unreasonable he’d have a difficult time seeing it.

[quote]And pulling a gun and threatening to shoot someone because of it is reasonable?

I hope you didn’t get hurt landing after that giant leap.

Nobody threatened to shoot him and they didn’t pull their guns because they couldn’t see his license plate at night behind a tinted SUV window.

by Anonymousreply 140April 11, 2021 8:43 PM

So what’s the army doing about this? Sorry not reading all the posts through.

by Anonymousreply 141April 11, 2021 9:00 PM

[quote]If he were white, it wouldn't have happened.

The first case I ever heard of involving someone who feared stopping for patrol cops and drove to a well-observed area involved a white guy in the Houston area.

Houston has grown out and around smaller municipalities, including the cluster of Bellaire, West University Place, and Southside Place. The aforementioned man was directed to stop in the city of Southside Place, but he continued on the same street (Bellaire Blvd.) until he crossed the city limits into Houston. He pulled into a filling station, where a Houston Police Dept patrol car was parked. I think the two HPD officers had gone inside for coffee or something. The Southside Place cops proceeded to beat the crap out of this guy, so badly that the HPD officers had to come out and pull them off him.

This guy was not just white, he was not just a doctor, he was chief of staff at Park Plaza Hospital, IIRC. I remember it because it was the first I'd heard that the cops in those small municipalities had a reputation for brutality. I had always been careful because those places are notorious speed traps. I was once pulled over in West U for an illegally displayed license plate, no lie. I can't find a news story, but I think it predated the Rodney King incident. At any rate, this doctor was so afraid of being beaten, he wouldn't stop until he was in another city. This area of greater Houston is thick with doctors, dentists, and lawyers, very upper middle class.

So, yes, black people and Latinos are at much greater risk of violence from the police, but white people are not entirely safe, even in areas that look placid and extremely white.

by Anonymousreply 142April 11, 2021 10:24 PM

Police need to be cleaned-out and refurbished.

by Anonymousreply 143April 11, 2021 10:33 PM

This is a clip from ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT that’s approximately 30 years old.

Morgan Stevens never did get his career back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 11, 2021 10:37 PM

From the L.A. Times, more about the Morgan Stevens incident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 11, 2021 10:39 PM

Damn, R144/R145, that's some noxious bullshit right there.

Often wondered WHET to Stevens; he had a nice look and was a fair actor. But shit like he went through can cripple one's mind and body for years.

by Anonymousreply 146April 12, 2021 1:49 AM

I was staggering home from the bar once in 1982 and popped into a Greyhound bus station to take a leak (No,not cruising,it was on the way home) I go into the bathroom,pee and leave. As Im about a block away a police officer calls me back,so I turn around and return . I ask him whats up,and he tells me a guy said I tried to grab his dick . All a complete and utter fabrication. Insult to injury,the guy claiming that was some fat old toad that I had never even seen before. I guess he was in a stall when I was in there. The cop immediately is belligerent and very hostile,handcuffs me and drags me to some office. While in the office I stand up and demand he tell me what I did and what he was arresting me for. He walks around the desk,punches me in the face opening up a cut above my eye that immediately gushes blood everywhere,then proceeds to drag me BY MY HAIR across the floor through the bus station and throws me in a cop car. His commander makes him take me to the hospital,where they stitch up my eye (4 stitches) and then they take me to jail. Mind you,they never booked me or took a mug shot,then released me the next morning without even going to court. I tried to file charges with IA,but there wasnt even a written report of the whole ordeal. So I say to black people I know exactly what you mean when you say cops are assholes,but since that night I learned very quickly to keep my fucking mouth shut and do whatever they said , then complained once I was out of their clutches. When you are in their power,you are helpless. Period.

by Anonymousreply 147April 12, 2021 2:15 AM

Fired? He should have been shot at the knees. The army has the firepower.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 12, 2021 6:55 AM

R147 unfortunately very true. That's why it's frustrating to see white people defend the cops so easily -- they've been doing this shit to people for several decades. I bet you half my friends have been assaulted at some point. They'd wait to get you on an elevator sometimes, beating you unconscious.

I think the only reason they don't beat the shit/ kill women more often is that 1: women are (usually) cooperative 2: less physically threatening in general (statistically less likely to have weapons as well.) That hasn't stopped rapes (we teach female relatives to go somewhere public to pull over.)

It really needs to change though; for all colors. Just because it happens, doesn't mean it should happen. Yes, cooperation is the safest path, but there needs to be reform to assure citizens are treated fair during interactions.

by Anonymousreply 149April 12, 2021 7:44 AM

R68 Haha, what piece of shit, Trump-supporting website did you find that clip? We know you didn't watch the show. Also, the posters who use "Woke" as a disparaging remark to describe people who speak up about anything that doesn't invade THEIR tiny, white bubbles should be euthanized. By their grandchildren.

by Anonymousreply 150April 12, 2021 10:18 AM

I can understand that the job of a cop in the US is way more dangerous than that of a cop in Germany or Sweden. Any idiot could potentially carry a gun and use it without warning. Maybe cops should get on board with gun restriction laws, but it seems they aren't picking the brightest ones for the job, probably deliberately. But on the other hand one cannot help but wonder how these things always seem to escalate and turn ugly, when it should be the other way around actually.

by Anonymousreply 151April 12, 2021 10:55 AM

That woke black should thank the cops for not shooting him!

by Anonymousreply 152April 12, 2021 11:21 AM

On what planet do you not pull over *immediately* if the police flag you? That’s simply inviting suspicion. No wonder the cops were anxious. Context is everything.

by Anonymousreply 153April 12, 2021 11:30 AM

AND you get out of your car and stand beside it with your license ready, as a matter of civic duty and simple courtesy to the policeman who has to get out of his. I was taught this in short pants!

by Anonymousreply 154April 12, 2021 11:36 AM

Context IS everything. An internal investigation concluded that the cops didn't follow procedure, Gutierrez was fired. You stupid, racist prick. That's the proof that the cops did the wrong thing.

Context is everything and you're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 155April 12, 2021 11:45 AM

No moron, you never get out of the vehicle unless you are instructed. Google it, and then die in a grease fire, you dumb fuck.

by Anonymousreply 156April 12, 2021 12:14 PM

Cops have been taught the program: Whites are Suppose to obey their commands and Blacks had [italic] Better [/italic] obey.

Blacks have also learned that some cops will use the cover of isolation or darkness or “malfunctioning body cams, to act out their crazy “I’m in charge here” shit.

So Black drivers are in a no win situation. If they drive slowly to a stop in an occupied, lighted area, they are treated badly for “ignoring LEO’s commands”. If they pull over in a dark, isolated area, they fear worse.

(Witness these guys’ arrogance in full light.)

by Anonymousreply 157April 12, 2021 12:28 PM

Disgusting and disgraceful. This infuriates me. If these soldiers didn't pull into a lit area, they probably would have been shot.

by Anonymousreply 158April 12, 2021 1:18 PM

[quote]AND you get out of your car and stand beside it with your license ready

I've been stopped quite a few times for traffic violations or for speeding in my 40 years as a licensed driver and I've never gotten out of my car. Nor have I ever been told by an officer to get out. Nor have I ever had an officer pull his gun on me.

But I'm white.

by Anonymousreply 159April 12, 2021 1:24 PM

The incident took place on December 5, 2020. The lawsuit was filed on April 2, 2021.

Four months later, on April 11, 2021, the Town of Windsor announces that the police officer involved has been fired.

Seems like the lawsuit and the resultant media spotlight forced the local police department to finally watch that video.

If things were really changing for the better, this police officer would have been fired long before any lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 160April 12, 2021 1:56 PM

Plenty white people have had terrible interactions with the police as well. But they tolerate it because the understanding is that minorities, especially Blacks, will always have it worse. The sad thing is, if so many white people weren't so devoted to racism, we could have so many better things in this country. But that’s why the leopards eating people’s faces tweet is evergreen—as long as the leopards eat other people’s faces, we’ll put up with a fake nasty scratches every once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 161April 12, 2021 3:30 PM

^ should be “a FEW nasty scratches”

by Anonymousreply 162April 12, 2021 3:31 PM

Is it actually required that you be a racist bully in order to get hired as a cop?

by Anonymousreply 163April 12, 2021 3:32 PM

[quote] If these soldiers didn't pull into a lit area, they probably would have been shot.

How many of them do you think there were?

by Anonymousreply 164April 12, 2021 4:53 PM

[quote] Four months later, on April 11, 2021, the Town of Windsor announces that the police officer involved has been fired.

I noticed that this morning, though the article I read merely said “the officer [bold]has since[/bold] been fired.” [Emphasis mine]

I, too, was wondering exactly when he was fired.

by Anonymousreply 165April 12, 2021 4:55 PM

Cops are bullies with a badge.

by Anonymousreply 166April 12, 2021 5:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 12, 2021 6:54 PM

If that guy were black, he would have been shot in seconds

by Anonymousreply 168April 12, 2021 7:11 PM

JFC, refuses to get on the ground, gets on the ground, jumps back up, runs back to his car, gets tased (no effect), jumps in police car, gets back in his car, backs up and nearly runs over cop, crashes into police car, gets out and runs away. Did I get that right? Oh, and not shot dead in first 15 seconds because white.

by Anonymousreply 169April 12, 2021 7:13 PM

He literally charges at the officer and instead of shooting or even tasing again the officer runs from him.

by Anonymousreply 170April 12, 2021 7:20 PM

Sue the bastards. Take them down for every fucking dollar that they have!

by Anonymousreply 171April 12, 2021 7:21 PM

They supposedly stopped him for a missing rear license plate, but he had a temporary license displayed in his windshield. The cop escalated the situation for no legitimate reason. The so-called cop has no business being in any police force, he has rage issues and obvious racial issues.

by Anonymousreply 172April 12, 2021 8:55 PM

Missing from this discussion is the fact that the cop who pepper sprayed him was hispanic.

by Anonymousreply 173April 12, 2021 11:40 PM

R49..top right hand corner.

by Anonymousreply 174April 12, 2021 11:58 PM

People using the term "woke" deserve to have their kneecaps shot off.

by Anonymousreply 175April 13, 2021 12:16 AM

I agree r175. It's not "woke" or "cancel" culture. It's accountable culture and they're not used to that.

by Anonymousreply 176April 13, 2021 12:42 AM

[quote] Missing from this discussion is the fact that the cop who pepper sprayed him was hispanic.

He has a Hispanic surname but he probably doesn't identify as Hispanic. He sounded like a white trash redneck in that video.

by Anonymousreply 177April 13, 2021 3:56 AM

[quote]He has a Hispanic surname but he probably doesn't identify as Hispanic. If he's smart, he'll start "Identifying" as a woman and then he'll be Teflon.... because "transphobia!"

by Anonymousreply 178April 13, 2021 4:01 AM

So what one of the cops is Hispanic. Self hatred of their own race is common amongst cops.

by Anonymousreply 179April 13, 2021 12:03 PM

[quote]So what one of the cops is Hispanic. Self hatred of their own race is common amongst cops.😊

Plus, he might have viewed the lieutenant as African American vs Hispanic. I live in a neighborhood where there is some animosity between the two groups.

by Anonymousreply 180April 13, 2021 12:54 PM

The cops says “You should be afraid” and makes a reference to the electric chair.

For not having a license in the back of his car??

(Actually for the cop not noticing the license)

by Anonymousreply 181April 13, 2021 2:20 PM

R167...Right? Unbelievable how much that guy got away with. That was very threatening and beyond. Why didn't the cop shoot out the tires?...like the bystanders were yelling. Sometimes bystanders are smarter and have better common sense.

by Anonymousreply 182April 13, 2021 3:19 PM

The people defending the cops in this are full-blown fascists.

We have a problem in this country with cop worship. It's fucking scary to live here and I'm a white guy.

by Anonymousreply 183April 13, 2021 3:30 PM

Half the racists I know are white people with "Hispanic" names. The idea that someone with a hispanic name can't be racist is laughable as FUCK if you know any Latinos, particularly the whiter ones.

by Anonymousreply 184April 13, 2021 3:32 PM

Even if the guy didn't have the plate attached to his window and drove for a mile, this reaction is completely out of line. The cop needs to go. One of the problems is the number of hand guns in this country. You never know who is packing so there is a tendency to want to "fire first". Small incidents tend to escalate quickly.

by Anonymousreply 185April 13, 2021 3:37 PM

Tweet in support of Lt. Nazario from the Sergeant Major of the Army:

[Quote]Like many of you, I was concerned by the video of LT Nazario’s traffic stop in December. He represented himself and our Army well through his calm, professional response to the situation – I’m very proud of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186April 13, 2021 3:42 PM

Who would really want to be a cop? A lot of dregs go into it, many not too sharp. Someone with personal issues and racism may want to join...so they can act out on their issues and basically get away with it. Many lack the maturity and common sense to do their jobs in all situations. Seems the police have set the bar very low in hiring. Again, a more educated person would want to aim higher, without the danger of the job. Hate to lump all cops like that, but the majority seem to be terrible in handling situations in an intelligent and impartial way.

by Anonymousreply 187April 13, 2021 3:56 PM

Hispanic isn’t a race - it’s an ethnic group. This cop is white Hispanic.

by Anonymousreply 188April 13, 2021 4:09 PM

[quote] Who would really want to be a cop? A lot of dregs go into it, many not too sharp. Someone with personal issues and racism may want to join...so they can act out on their issues and basically get away with

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 189April 13, 2021 4:27 PM

R187 is correct. If you're truly a helper-type, you're an EMT or other healthcare worker, a fire fighter, a social worker, etc.

If you love guns and uniforms, using force and ordering people around, though...

by Anonymousreply 190April 13, 2021 4:34 PM

Azaelia Banks had an Instagram story about cops the other night and her thesis on the situation was that the cops get up, have coffee / energy drinks / drive thru meals / 7-11 snacks all day and then finish work and have a beer and sleeping tablets and are basically so controlled by caffeine, sugar, hormones from low quality meat, various uppers and downers and relaxants that they’re actually totally unreliable. Was suggesting mandatory drug testing for cops weekly and that they not be allowed have alcohol or weed etc - interesting thought. That they’re essentially tweaking from the amount of substances in their bodies.

by Anonymousreply 191April 13, 2021 5:20 PM

I was stopped for the same reason while driving the new car home.

Unfortunately because of deeply tinted windows on SUVs its next to impossible to see the temp reg in the back windo at night.

I complied. That's the take away.

by Anonymousreply 192April 13, 2021 5:32 PM

You're obviously white AF, R192.

That's the takeaway.

by Anonymousreply 193April 13, 2021 5:41 PM

R192, were you ordered out of the car at gunpoint by two psychopathic cops?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

by Anonymousreply 194April 13, 2021 6:19 PM

I was stopped by cops for expired tags (they weren't, it was mid-month and my birthday's the end of the month) and for a busted taillight (except I got home and looked and it wasn't broken at all). Both cops were nasty and dismissive. But I was never afraid for my life.

by Anonymousreply 195April 13, 2021 6:28 PM

Of course you weren't afraid for your life r195. Because.........

by Anonymousreply 196April 13, 2021 6:41 PM

Thanks be given that his dog was crated in the back of the car. I have no doubt those keystone kops would have shot that pitbull had he/she been loose or only on-leash.

by Anonymousreply 197April 13, 2021 6:45 PM

[quote]Many lack the maturity and common sense to do their jobs in all situations.

I think it's that, but I also think it's the militarization of the police

by Anonymousreply 198April 13, 2021 6:47 PM

It's also white supremacy and institutionalized racism at every level.

by Anonymousreply 199April 13, 2021 6:49 PM

Blackwater have been training local police departments for the past 12 years.

And the fact that none of these mooks ever live in the neighborhood they work in.

by Anonymousreply 200April 13, 2021 7:15 PM

[Quote]You're obviously white AF, [R192].

I'm a dark Spaniard. And 6'3.' And speak with an accent.

Don't freak. Comply.

by Anonymousreply 201April 13, 2021 7:35 PM

[quote]I'm a dark Spaniard. And 6'3.' And speak with an accent.

So, white then.

by Anonymousreply 202April 13, 2021 7:50 PM

Hah ya R201 sorry to break it to you but European Spanish = white.

by Anonymousreply 203April 13, 2021 8:13 PM

I love that R201 thinks he's making some great point when he's just confirming what we all know.

by Anonymousreply 204April 13, 2021 8:48 PM

A "dark skinned Spaniard??" WTF is that? If you are a Spaniard you're as white as a Frenchman so STFU.

by Anonymousreply 205April 13, 2021 8:57 PM

[quote]You never know who is packing so there is a tendency to want to "fire first".

Lots of white people carry guns in this country, concealed as well as open carry. And lots of those white people are angry violent men. And yet there isn't really a phenomenon in open or concealed carry states of police opening fire on white people just in case. Police and their defenders always jump to this excuse, and yet they still by and large when dealing with white people who are or might be packing manage to stay calm.

by Anonymousreply 206April 13, 2021 8:58 PM

As expected, racists swarmed this thread like flies on a turd.

by Anonymousreply 207April 13, 2021 9:32 PM

[quote]A "dark skinned Spaniard??" WTF is that? If you are a Spaniard you're as white as a Frenchman so STFU.

Has never been to Spain or heard of "Basque" people etc.

It's funny how the darkest of the dark Spaniards are "white" but the blondest and blue-eyed Mexicans are "POC" according to SJWs.

by Anonymousreply 208April 13, 2021 9:33 PM

R208 Oh, Basques are people of color now?

And blond, blue-eyed Mexicans are considered WHITE Hispanics.

Your posts show your very low IQ. Please keep going.

by Anonymousreply 209April 13, 2021 9:39 PM

[quote]And blond, blue-eyed Mexicans are considered WHITE Hispanics.

According to SJWs they are.

by Anonymousreply 210April 13, 2021 9:41 PM

R131 When you post a stat to "prove" your point, you might want to want to READ it first...if you know how to read.

It says right there underneath [bold] "the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity" [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 211April 13, 2021 9:46 PM

And R211 you might want to go back to remedial English to understand the meaning of the words such as "countless," "majority", and "rate."

1. The quote said there were "countless" numbers of Black people killed by cops. I.e so many that there are too many to count. Yet the link provided actually showed the ACTUAL #s of Black people killed by cops, namely 30 in 2021 and 241 in 2020. So they have actually been "counted" and have been under 250 in total since 2017. Obviously even 1 person killed is too many but let's stick to actual facts.

2. The #s in the link show that more whites have been killed than blacks. in 2020, 457 whites vs. 241 blacks. If you include the "unknown", the % of whites is actually 45%, the greatest percentage of the total. Technically that is a "plurality" not a "majority which is 50% or greater) but it's close. Moreover, if you exclude the unknowns 457/895= 51%, so ...yes Whites made up a MAJORITY of the people killed by cops.

3. The RATE of police killings is a completely different calculation. It's the # killed divided by the population of that group. The data show that the RATE of blacks killed by cops is highest. No one is disputing that.

regarding #3, there may be multiple factors contributing to this fact. e.g. Systematic racism among cops, but also how different groups react when arrested (e.g. do some groups resist arrest/flee more than others?). One does not negate the other.

Finally, it's limited people like you who don't understand the difference between point #2 and point #3 and jump to exaggerations like point #1 that there is an "epidemic" of "countless" blacks killed by police.

Is there a problem??? of course.....that is borne out by #3. But, spewing hyperbole does not help solve it.

by Anonymousreply 212April 13, 2021 10:00 PM

R212 There's nothing worse than a stupid person who thinks they're so smart.

Whites make up the majority in # because they ARE the majority in America...76% in fact.

That is why the RATE of killings is the MOST IMPORTANT calculation and why that very stat highlighted that fact. That stat was compiled by people who are much smarter than you.

Yet, you spoke nothing of that very important figure, but you made sure to point out how whites are the majority...why?

Finally, I am not that poster but I'm not so dense, like you, to see why that poster said "countless". They did not mean they couldn't be counted, but that it keeps happening. You, because of your stupidity and/or ulterior motive, took that as an assault and found a stat to counter the word "countless".

by Anonymousreply 213April 13, 2021 10:42 PM

Wow R213 your Reading comprehension is even worse than originally seemed!

1. You say I “spoke nothing” of that stat yet that was actually my point number 3. Actually sure I understood how it was calculated and provided multiple reasons why I could be true

2. I made no mention of which that was the most important or least important.

3. The implication of “countless“ is that it is unfathomably large and you say “keeps happening“ however the number has remained all under 250 per year since 2017. So yes it keeps happening but has not been increasing according to the data

by Anonymousreply 214April 13, 2021 10:56 PM

What are the stats for # of blacks killed by police at traffic stops (“broken tail light”) vs # of whites?

by Anonymousreply 215April 13, 2021 11:07 PM

Lol R214 go home you’re drunk!

by Anonymousreply 216April 13, 2021 11:14 PM

R214 Are you dense or pretending to be dense?

This was your original post: Point to where you spoke of the rate of killings.

[bold] "COUNTLESS??? Actually they have been counted, and the majority have not been black" [/bold]

Oh, right, you only spoke of it AFTER you got called out. Suddenly, you posted a long essay including it. But your original & first reflex was to point out how "the majority have not been black".

by Anonymousreply 217April 13, 2021 11:15 PM

[quote] Eventually all police departments will run out of money from all the lawsuits, good.

It’s not the police departments who pays. It’s the municipality. And the municipality continues to fund the police department

by Anonymousreply 218April 14, 2021 12:54 AM

[Quote]Hah ya [R201] sorry to break it to you but European Spanish = white.

Then why do you stupid Americans keep calling me Latino? Cops are dumber than the average dumb American.

by Anonymousreply 219April 14, 2021 2:01 AM

[quote]Oh, right, you only spoke of it AFTER you got called out. Suddenly, you posted a long essay including it. But your original & first reflex was to point out how "the majority have not been black".

And that is still true, moron.

The majority of people killed by cops have not been black, according to the data from 2017 to 2020.

by Anonymousreply 220April 14, 2021 10:20 PM

R219 Latino isn’t a racial group it’s ethnic. Ethnicity and race are two separate things. Look it up. Latino people can be white, black, Asian too. Latino people in the US are an ethnic minority and can suffer discrimination based on that, but they don’t necessarily suffer racial discrimination in the same ways - there’s some complexity. Anyway go away google it and see what it tells u.

by Anonymousreply 221April 18, 2021 7:57 PM

Anyone who could watch that and defend the police's behavior is too far gone.

But then when we have people expecting someone with two guns pointed to them to calmly work out how the coordination of how to open a car door while keeping their hands visible, we are probably dealing with folk lacking much experience of the real world.

by Anonymousreply 222April 18, 2021 8:21 PM

It happens quite a few times daily in LA, it’s really not a difficult concept.

Fast forward to 1:29.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223April 18, 2021 9:10 PM

[quote]Lots of white people carry guns in this country, concealed as well as open carry.

Don't I know it!

by Anonymousreply 224April 18, 2021 9:31 PM

I don't understand . . . once the Army guy pulled into the well-lit gas station, how did neither of the two policemen in the squad car behind him continue to not see the temp tag in the back window?

by Anonymousreply 225April 18, 2021 9:35 PM

They may have seen it. They may have seen it once they lit up the car on the road. Once he didn’t stop, they had other things to “discuss” with him.

by Anonymousreply 226April 18, 2021 10:11 PM

R221. Stating the obvious like most dumb Americans. And dumb cops.

by Anonymousreply 227April 18, 2021 11:18 PM

[quote][R12]/[R16] must've been slow in school. What part of "it was a new car and the registration was taped in the window" did you not understand?

He isn't slow. He's just a dick like every one of these boot-lickers. He'd justify if the cops actually killed him over this. They're too ignorant to understand that what was supposed to separate a civilian acting like Yosemite Same from being a LEO, is professionalism and training.

Cops are in fact cunts and spare me the "don't call 911 if you need help" shit because they don't come for a long time anyway and I don't live in a "poor neighborhood."

by Anonymousreply 228April 18, 2021 11:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!