Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cybill Shepard as Martha Stewart!

A career defining performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2021 8:25 PM

A Polak from Nutley NJ.

Talk about proof that shit floats

by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2021 8:43 AM

The only thing I ever liked Cybill in. Playing a demanding cunt came naturally to her.

by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2021 8:47 AM

I honestly had a similar meltdown in a restaurant, but replace "merlot" with "champagne!"

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2021 9:40 AM

I wish it would have been more over the top camp.

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2021 10:26 AM

[quote]Cybill Shepard

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2021 1:01 PM

I remember hearing that when asked how she felt about Cybill Shepherd's portrayal of her, Martha Stewart replied "She needs to get the bags under her eyes fixed."

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2021 4:53 AM

Martha’s always been jealous that Cybill was a cover girl in the 60s while she herself was trapped modeling in low rent ads and stuff.

[bold]#NeverForgetNeverForgive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2021 5:33 AM

Shade!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2021 5:39 AM

In your face, Cybill!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2021 7:49 AM

Nikki Glaser says Martha was a bitch, Cybill was super cool

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2021 7:56 AM

I generally pass on Cybill but she did a great job on one of the Law & Orders playing a Paula Deen parody. Young black man approaches her asking for her autograph, she thinks he's the local rapist and shoots him to death. At trial she insists she's not a racist despite the fact she won't let her black employees use the bathroom in her restaurant where they work and makes them go to another business across the street. She was hot fun.

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2021 8:01 AM

She was good in it, but I think Candice Bergen would be even better at the time.

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2021 8:05 AM

R9 There is a very brief side image of Martha in that clip. She’s actually huge and her midsection is super-bloated. Weight distribution in that pattern (high midsection bloat) is a marker for serious drinking, fatty liver. Her face looks good and she is very tall, but metabolically the huge midsection spells trouble.

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2021 12:06 PM

Cybill was probably shitting her pants that day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2021 8:38 PM

It is the greatest role Cybill has ever had, and her greatest acting job. Maybe Martha didn't realize, but what she didn't like about the portrayal had to do with the script. Cybill just played what was written. I think her performance also made Martha more likable and vulnerable than she deserved.

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2021 9:12 PM

r10 Who was the cute guy in the white Ralph Lauren sweater in the Y98 clip. Never heard of these people, including Nikki Glaser.

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2021 9:25 PM

Some of you clearly live in a parallel universe where The Last Picture Show and Taxi Driver were never made.

by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2021 8:09 PM

I had no clue she played Martha in two movies.

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2021 8:19 PM

R18 well actually made for TV movies on CBS, they were shot back to back.

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2021 11:55 PM

Apparently noooooooooo one can actually spell Ms. Shepherd's name correctly.

At least little precious got the first name right.

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2021 11:57 PM

I just watched Martha, Inc. Very campy. Martha is no sweetheart, but maybe over the top?...if true, it wouldn't be surprising. Big Martha seemed very passive in the movie and it was her father who was the tough taskmaster. Cybill plays bitchy well. These movies like to embellish a bit. I wouldn't fuck with Martha, though.

by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2021 8:12 PM

R19 “Well actually” is always served with a glass of piss 🥃

by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2021 8:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!