Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Law & Order: Organized Crime

Any DLers watching? Just finished the second episode and I’m surprised that I actually like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 19, 2022 3:44 PM

I want to see an ep where they go after the Matt Gaetz sex trafficking ring!

by Anonymousreply 1April 9, 2021 7:03 PM

Boring. Bored.

by Anonymousreply 2April 9, 2021 7:04 PM

R2 you prefer the standard L&O format where each case gets solved at the end of every episode?

by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2021 7:30 PM

Going by these tumbleweeds in here, I guess this thing might be headed for cancellation.

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2021 8:58 PM

Ratings were down practically 50% from the first week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2021 7:13 PM

Dylan was on Kelly and Ryan this morning. It's not the L&O format of Crime, Cops Find Perp, Trial. This will be a a running drama. Will continue to watch.

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2021 7:17 PM

[QUOTE] It's not the L&O format of Crime, Cops Find Perp, Trial.

The question is: would viewers prefer that?

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2021 7:19 PM

I would watch if all three gents in OP's pic had a hardcore XXX threeway that ran the entire episode, and the entire season. I have my standards.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2021 7:20 PM

Law & Order: Los Angeles was more interesting than this show.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2021 7:20 PM

And regular Law & Order was better than both, R9, but this is what we got.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2021 7:30 PM

I watched for about ten minutes and all I saw was terrible acting. Not that the SVU cast is/was talented, but the female lead is so awful that the show is unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2021 7:48 PM

Who are you talking about, R11? The cop or the bad guy’s wife?

by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2021 8:39 PM

The cop, R12.

by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2021 2:21 PM

Yeah I don’t like her either. I don’t really like any of the characters for that matter. The only good one was Chazz Palminteri and they promptly killed him off.

Wish they’d just bring Law & Order back.

by Anonymousreply 14April 14, 2021 12:46 AM

I can’t quite pinpoint the reason that I’m still watching, but I am.

by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2021 11:33 PM

Oh, dear. Christopher Meloni's aged.

by Anonymousreply 16April 17, 2021 1:24 AM

Send Meloni back to SVU.

by Anonymousreply 17April 17, 2021 1:27 AM

R16 Yes but at 60 he's also still capable of looking like this, so his invitation to enter mama's mussy is still wide open. 😉😈

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 17, 2021 1:39 AM

This past Thursday's episode featured a really poorly done fake octopus.

by Anonymousreply 19April 17, 2021 7:21 AM

I knew DL would love it as soon as the Twink son Eli Stabler showed up....That's like catnip around here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 17, 2021 7:49 AM

The twink son is barely present. And he hasn’t been shirtless yet. If I was in charge of the show, there would’ve been several shower scenes with him by now.

by Anonymousreply 21April 17, 2021 9:28 AM

R21 = Eli is so feminine I wouldn't be surprised it Elliot catches him with another guy in the showers..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 17, 2021 9:52 AM

I think they're trying really hard to keep the same tough cop memes going and I don't think it's sitting well in the George Floyd era.

It certainly isn't with me.

I realize that though I really enjoy Meloni, I've never liked this character.

I'm still watching but I can see myself tuning out soon.

by Anonymousreply 23April 17, 2021 10:14 AM

R23 = It's only 8 episodes....So you are almost halfway thru....They already said Stabler is going back to SVU but they haven't said for how long or how many episodes...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 17, 2021 10:18 AM

that lucky bitch got to hug Chris for a long time in episode 2!

by Anonymousreply 25April 17, 2021 7:48 PM

they were filming in midtown a few days ago...by park ave.

by Anonymousreply 26April 17, 2021 8:39 PM

Watching Chris Meloni in anything never feels like a hard day at the office.

by Anonymousreply 27April 17, 2021 8:42 PM

I was expecting the traditional format. It’s an extended drama apparently, which is not necessarily bad, but the squad room is like a direct copy of NCIS down to the bored, insufferable goth computer-whiz chick.

The actors are not well-cast for their roles, nor are the characters appealing. I get that Stabler is supposed to be a fish out of water in the age of “new policing,” but he just does click with them.

Meloni has a few thirst-trap scenes for his gay fans, but I’d rather have each episode tied up by the end. It’s a smarter move if the story isn’t well written.

by Anonymousreply 28April 17, 2021 8:46 PM

*doesn’t* click with them.

by Anonymousreply 29April 17, 2021 8:47 PM

Wow, Chris is really showing his age now.

by Anonymousreply 30April 17, 2021 8:49 PM

he looks good for his age. at least he didn't try to botox his lines away.

by Anonymousreply 31April 17, 2021 8:54 PM

He looks great for a man his age. And that's even before he removes his clothes.

by Anonymousreply 32April 17, 2021 8:55 PM

I watched the first episode and when I realized what it was, I was going to give up on it. I HATE crime dramas that never conclude, like "The Blacklist."

If it's only an 8 episode series, then maybe I'll go back.

by Anonymousreply 33April 17, 2021 8:57 PM

The thing I have the hardest time with is Dylan McDermott as a bad guy.

Love Eli. I hope Nicky Torchia gets a show of his own.

by Anonymousreply 34April 17, 2021 9:12 PM

[QUOTE] Meloni has a few thirst-trap scenes for his gay fans, but I’d rather have each episode tied up by the end. It’s a smarter move if the story isn’t well written.

Really though, that would be so unrealistic. How can a show about organized crime investigations have everything neatly wrapped up by the end of the episode? Look at the antagonist and the type of stuff he does—racketeering within a multi-layer organization that’s partially a legitimate business. How could Stabler put him behind bars in 45 minutes? We should’ve known from the title that it would have to be different.

When you watch other Law & Orders, there’s usually a syndicate boss who’s a recurring character. The cops know who he is and what he does. Maybe he did a few years in prison and now he’s back on the street, sitting there at a restaurant table surrounded by goons when the detectives come to question him about a new crime. We’re made to believe this is fucked up but realistic, and that’s the truth. Cause it can take forever to bring these men down.

by Anonymousreply 35April 17, 2021 9:14 PM

This won't be like The Blacklist at all which I'm convinced is completely improvised at this point because the scripts are so ridiculous. But it can't be a standard procedural either. I like it thus far because it's perfectly cast.

by Anonymousreply 36April 17, 2021 9:21 PM

I think this is a network attempt to grab the attention of a chunk of the audience who made Italian organized crime themed shows such as "Gomorrah" or "Suburra" Netflix hits.

by Anonymousreply 37April 17, 2021 9:25 PM

Elliot just told Oleebia that he loves her in front of co-workers on Organized Crime. But he's acting weird and I'm finding the plot hard to follow.

by Anonymousreply 38April 23, 2021 2:44 AM

I'm still watching, I like dylan mcdermott as the villain

by Anonymousreply 39May 22, 2021 3:19 PM

The jury is still out for me... I have 2 on DVR now. I know it’s part of the role he plays, but his angst and anger is a little over the top for me

by Anonymousreply 40May 22, 2021 3:23 PM

I think Dylan has a fat, girthy hairy cock with huge balls. And a fuzzy ass. I love him.

by Anonymousreply 41May 22, 2021 3:50 PM

I love it. It's quite low budget, though. Stabler's spray on hair is horrific.

The vibe they seem to be going with at the police station is The Wire Season 1 with Stabler as McNulty and his boss Bell as Kima.

by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2021 3:45 PM

I'm sticking with it, I like the characters, and the plot is moving at a reasonable pace. The death at the end of last week's episode was sad, I thought that was one of the better characters. High stakes though.

Interesting side plots as well though, like the female lead's family stuff. Especially after the police assaulted her nephew, now her sister is suing the NYPD. Awkward!

by Anonymousreply 43May 24, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote] The death at the end of last week's episode was sad, I thought that was one of the better characters.

Are you sure Gina is dead?

by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2021 7:14 PM

Dylan McDermott saying “Damn, Gina” was pure Ilene Chaiken

by Anonymousreply 45May 24, 2021 7:16 PM

[quote]Are you sure Gina is dead?

About as sure that Kathy's dead 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 46May 25, 2021 4:25 PM

R21 I had to look up that name & now that I see her previous credits (Empire, The L Word) that makes total sense. It does seem like there is a sort of soapy, camp energy running through this show. The face-to-face meetings between Stabler and Wheatley are dripping with it.

by Anonymousreply 47May 25, 2021 4:36 PM

Who's the hot bald daddy in OP's picture?

by Anonymousreply 48May 25, 2021 4:50 PM

He is Stabler's mole.

by Anonymousreply 49May 25, 2021 5:08 PM

R44- No, Rose, she's in witness protection with Adriana.

by Anonymousreply 50May 25, 2021 5:15 PM

They should do a crossover episode with the cast of Friends where they investigate old people scamming the rent control laws.

by Anonymousreply 51May 25, 2021 5:21 PM

And Richie Aprile, R50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 25, 2021 10:00 PM

^ man, I must watch the Sopranos again. I may save it for Christmas/New Year.

by Anonymousreply 53May 26, 2021 8:26 PM

That scene, R53, much like the series in general, makes me so hungry.

by Anonymousreply 54May 26, 2021 11:04 PM

I can’t believe that the female UC was called Gina so Dylan McDermott could hiss “damn, Gina”.

That is pure Ilene Chaiken.

by Anonymousreply 55July 12, 2021 3:20 PM

It’s a little preachy for my taste.

by Anonymousreply 56July 12, 2021 3:32 PM

R23 I kinda thought the same thing too at first. When I found out about it I was reluctant to watch a cop show in the Post-George Floyd era. I am a huge fan of Chris Meloni's as I've seen hum in many things, but I agree that his character on SVU was problematic which added to my hesitancy.

However, I was pleasantly surprised when I watched Organized crime. It was fast pace, lots of stuff happening at once. The storyline was interesting and current as it pulled in the coronavirus vaccines. I loved that they did it as a crossover by adding Olivia Benson to the mix. They knew that the fans wanted to see these two together again.

I felt that the production was very sensitive to the racial reckoning of 2020. They leaned into it with the amazing Chaz Palminteri as an unrepentant racist (hated his character but he did a great job with his role - as always). You can also see production's awareness of the climate with the writing and in the diverse casting and storyline. They gave Meloni a Black female partner and a Black love interest. They also surrounded Dylan (the other male lead) with a Black family. Somebody took a temperature check. I think they got it right without being too obvious or sacrificing the story.

Law and Order franchise has a HUGE Black base. They are well aware of this and I like that the show took that into account in this 2021 police drama.

I loved it and can't wait for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 57July 12, 2021 5:17 PM

Is there a season 2?

by Anonymousreply 58July 12, 2021 6:02 PM

Yes R58 Organized Crime was picked up for a second season! Hopefully Meloni will show his big thick muscle ass to the audience next season!

by Anonymousreply 59July 12, 2021 6:05 PM

It reminded me a little of The Wire season 1.

Before you jump down my throat I’m not saying it’s as good as The Wire. But the disparate police getting together to form a new team, the trouble they had with other departments, the how crime families and race and policing intersect all seemed a nod to those early episodes. Even Stabler’a boss seemed an SVU version of Kima.

I hoped there would be more episodes but I appreciate that 8 episodes on one storyline is huge for the slaw Order universe - and any more would have dragged it out.

by Anonymousreply 60July 12, 2021 7:01 PM

[QUOTE] It reminded me a little of The Wire season 1.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? THIS SHOW IS NOWHER—

[QUOTE]Before you jump down my throat I’m not saying it’s as good as The Wire.

Oh. Well, then..

by Anonymousreply 61July 12, 2021 7:13 PM

I think where they missed the ball with this show is not having some kind of recurring Sister Peg type character. Ya can't buck a nun.

by Anonymousreply 62July 13, 2021 10:54 PM

Dylan McDermott back for Season 2:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 29, 2021 10:05 PM

wow! great news!

by Anonymousreply 64July 29, 2021 11:31 PM

R63 Dylan McDermott is my Dzaddy!

by Anonymousreply 65July 30, 2021 5:27 AM

R62 Sister Peg has died like three times but always manages to respawn.

by Anonymousreply 66July 30, 2021 5:29 AM

R63 He looks so good.

by Anonymousreply 67July 30, 2021 10:39 AM

yes, I think he looks great too. but his hair isn't real, is it? looks too good.

by Anonymousreply 68July 30, 2021 2:10 PM

R68 Damn you gay men and your good eyes! I just saw some old pictures of him online. You're right! The hair is not real! But it does look good so kudos who his doctor/wig stylist.

by Anonymousreply 69July 30, 2021 2:32 PM

To be fair, no man is gonna have the same hair at 50 they had when they were 30. And most men over 40 don't have a full head of hair anymore.

While combovers have been around forever, Trump reminded the world that once middle-aged men start combing their hair in weird ways they're doing it to hide some shit. [BTW Trump now wears a full wig or weave]

Beware of weird styling.

by Anonymousreply 70July 30, 2021 2:42 PM

Well if it’s a wig then his role on this show can be directly attributed to his hairpiece. He damn sure wouldn’t have gotten the part if he was bald.

by Anonymousreply 71July 30, 2021 2:52 PM

See Ryan Murphy's "Hollywood" if you want to see Dylan's real hair.

by Anonymousreply 72July 30, 2021 4:18 PM

This, R72? I guess you were being facetious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 30, 2021 9:15 PM

They’re bringing out some big guns for Season 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 13, 2021 1:30 AM

Yes R74, Guillermo is a hottie!!!

by Anonymousreply 75September 14, 2021 5:59 AM

It is back Thursday!!!

by Anonymousreply 76September 18, 2021 2:51 PM

Thanks for the update, I didn't know that, i'm looking forward to it!

by Anonymousreply 77September 18, 2021 4:22 PM

Great first episode of season 2! Crooked congressmen abound in the Law & Order world.

by Anonymousreply 78September 24, 2021 2:10 PM

Thanks for the reminder, R78. God there’s so much shit out now I can’t keep track.

by Anonymousreply 79September 24, 2021 6:57 PM

R78 He looks just like Marco Rubio. I wonder if that was intentional.

by Anonymousreply 80September 30, 2021 3:50 PM

Crew member shot and killed on set!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 19, 2022 3:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!