Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you think this country is becoming black supremacist?

I think it is based on what’s happening in the culture and the actions taken by corporations. I’m looking at you United Airlines.

by Anonymousreply 26April 8, 2021 10:10 PM

No, not at all. I think you live in a weird, deranged bubble. Stop watching the news and stop trolling.

I'm watching House Hunters International! I love this show!!!

by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2021 8:23 PM

Anyone who isn’t one by this point is too racist to live.

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2021 8:27 PM

Is that even possible?

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2021 8:27 PM

Relax, you're still one half step away from Amerikkka. It's easy to think that white supremacy being questioned is some form of oppression. Snowflake tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2021 8:27 PM

Wow, OP, racist much? Go back and study American history by reading a textbook that was used outside of the Confederate states.

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2021 8:27 PM

Trolling, trolling, trolling.

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2021 8:29 PM

“Black supremacy“ is just white supremacists projecting their own racism onto a superior race.

And don’t think Latinos or Asians are getting off the hook for their racism either.

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2021 8:30 PM

Maybe America is becoming “black supremacist” because blacks really are the superior race all along.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2021 8:30 PM

No, but I do think there are a lot of white idiots who feel guilt or shame for what their ancestors did to Black people, thus causing them to go overboard with their empathy to the point of cringe. It’s one thing to recognize issues of bigotry and racial inequality and tackle them in a rational and measured manner. It is right and needs to happen. These assholes just don’t know I when to back off, though. They act like Black people can do no wrong. It’s because of their incongruity. It’s like Helen Keller’s parents letting her do whatever she wanted because they get sorry for her. It’s fucked up and condescending.

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2021 8:32 PM

No u r a stupid moron

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2021 8:34 PM

I'm so tired of hearing black people playing the victim.

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2021 8:36 PM

I am so tired of every non-black race dodging their collective responsibility for racism.

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2021 8:38 PM

Black people blame everybody but themselves for their problems.

by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2021 8:40 PM

I don’t know. I think this decade alone will be terrible.

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2021 8:47 PM

Blacks have destroyed South Africa with their racism. Same with Zimbabwe. This is will backfire because eventually the majority non-black population will get sick of it.

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2021 8:57 PM

I’m sick of it.

by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2021 8:59 PM

United Airlines is going to ha e a hell of a time finding 2500 female and black pilots. I’m not sure how comfortable I’ll feel flying in a plane where they had to work extra hard to get the pilot hired because they’re the right minority. I plan on not flying United if possible.

A horrible crime was just committed in SC where a black NFL player killed a doctor, his wife, two grandchildren and a handyman. Is that going to lead the news? What if a white athlete wiped out a black family? How many op Ed’s would we be reading about that.

It’s not black supremacy but it’s a little off.

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2021 9:00 PM

What's with all the fucking troll posts today?

by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2021 9:24 PM

It’s an overcorrection.

Dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2021 9:31 PM

R18 not troll. The US isn’t an African nation and forcing the majority of the population to accept being called racists will not end well. But good luck!

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2021 9:34 PM

R20 But ya are, Blanche! Ya are!

by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2021 9:37 PM

Mary (God Rest Her.) always said Diane - Miss Diana Ross to you - was one of the "Supremacists," not the "Supremes," and that's where the trouble started.

But I think the fucking racist troll - familiar here, Damont told me - who asked (I said it right.) needs to gargle bleach and spit it on his face to make himself a little brighter-whiter.

Like a sheet.

Mmm-Hmmm..

by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2021 9:38 PM

OP, just go drown yourself in a porta-potty.

by Anonymousreply 23April 8, 2021 9:40 PM

Guilt-ridden whites don’t help.

by Anonymousreply 24April 8, 2021 9:51 PM

I'd like to give my opinion on something that's been bugging me for a while. Racism has been in the news for a while and you see a lot of discussion about it on the news and some institutions are making changes to things because of the appearance of racism -- mostly anti-black racism, but other forms of discrimination as well. And some people are thinking differently about things. Some whites are getting threatened, others are outraged and shamed, some blacks think, "finally", while others have developed a chip on their shoulders, etc. These are only a few examples but racism against blacks is really being pushed.

As an older African American, I am looking at all of this institutional outrage with a huge side-eye. There are some things I'd like to point out. Firstly, black people are NOT behind this sudden focus on racism. We've been complaining for centuries about how we've been treated. BLM isn't really "our" organization and the institutions that historically represented black people --- the NAACP and the Urban League -- have been oddly silent or ignored by the media. The young blacks are not really organized and a lot of the violent protests included lots of white people. Also, many of the anti-racism actions by companies and institutions -- barring the Dr. Suess books for example have not been made by or requested by black people.

The inter-racial ads you see in the media, the news stories about racism against blacks, and other issues relating to black people being pushed in our faces ARE NOT BEING INITIATED BY BLACK PEOPLE. We don't own any tv networks, or big internet sites, or corporations. We have no real leadership and all of these black people being pushed as "role models" are on somebody's payroll. This is doing nothing but making whites angry and blacks feel victimized. I'm not saying there isn't racism but the way it's suddenly being pushed in the media makes me wonder why it's being done. I personally think we blacks have a whole lot more to be concerned about (way too many things to list) than whether to ban certain books or tear down some old statues. Plus, to be honest, no real concrete changes are being made; for the rank and file black person things are pretty much how they've always been (both good and bad).

I honestly think the people who run things are trying to get and keep Americans at each other's throats so we won't notice more important things going on (like our broken economy).

by Anonymousreply 25April 8, 2021 10:02 PM

I agree with r25.

by Anonymousreply 26April 8, 2021 10:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!