Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why does nobody ever challenge Oprah on these ridiculous "theories" she keeps peddling to the Masses.

"The Law of Attraction". "The Art of Manifestation". Why is she trying so hard to be some sort of spiritual guru or icon? It's just weird, and she won't let up. It's like all she wants to do is sell non-religious spiritual salvation. WTF? Who decided she was in charge of our souls?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 10, 2021 12:24 AM

She crazy. And rich. Dangerous combo.

by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2021 8:02 PM

No one listens to her anymore. She doesn't give away expensive gifts the way she used to.

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2021 8:05 PM

She's a stupid fat bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2021 8:06 PM

not to mention the Tony Robbins-esqye arena events she's started doing. Right before COVID it was her "2020 Vision" series with Weight Watchers (or WW as they're branded these days...I guess at the end of the day the only legitimate vision is to be thin) featuring interviews with her celeb friends. Tickets were $70-$300 a pop. For that kind of money I hope she had Steadman do a burlesque opening act.

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2021 8:09 PM

She must be furious that sMegma make her look like a gullible fool.

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2021 8:10 PM

Why do trolls keep targeting Oprah with these threads and then mention Meghan. Hmmm. One interview. Amazing how much power you are giving two Black women. Love it

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2021 8:14 PM

Why would a bunch of gay men give a fuck about Oprah. We don't know what she does and we don't care.

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2021 8:14 PM

Law of Attraction works. You get more of what you focus on. The biggest challenge is to admit, to yourself, that you focus on the wrong thing (say, wanting more money vs. obsessing about the current state of not having enough money).

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2021 8:15 PM

After dropping Mr. Phil on America like spoiled crotchfruit, no punishment could ever be cruel enough as revenge!

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2021 8:23 PM

"We are all vibrational beings..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2021 8:23 PM

I liked the Harry/Megan interview. The rest of this is crap, but she's made billions off of it. Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, Illanya...It's all the same lie. But so many want to buy that lie...She's truly American.

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2021 8:25 PM

After Dr Phil and Dr Oz, she deserves any backlash. I'm sure she's a remarkable person but credibility is not one of her qualities.

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2021 8:25 PM

She’s Godlike in her Superiority to others. And I love 💕 her for that!

by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2021 8:27 PM

Nobody dares to challenge her for fear of being called racist.

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2021 8:30 PM

Have you never heard of the phrase 'Take it or Leave it?" It's one of our greatest freedoms of liberty.

There's always gonna be someone peddling something

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2021 8:30 PM

A universally enabled narcissist....Who for a time was peddling "Oprah Frozen Pizzas" enabled by Ellen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2021 8:33 PM

For CHRISTSAKES, it’s a big fat woman selling diet plans!!! Wake the fuck up America!

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2021 8:34 PM

^Kirstie Jealous

by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2021 8:35 PM

She's a bored (and boring) billionaire and irrelevant

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2021 8:37 PM

Not "diets"....She's a big and fat woman selling "Wellness...."

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2021 8:38 PM

Didn't her magazine get reduced to a quarterly? That has to say something

by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2021 8:39 PM

Note to Klan Grannies, America loves Oprah, so suck it

by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2021 8:39 PM

It's so weird. Why does she keep doing whatever the fuck she wants and not care what losers think of her?

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration." Nicola Tesla

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 8, 2021 8:40 PM

Okra & Kale, it’s not what they eat!

by Anonymousreply 24April 8, 2021 8:42 PM

I'm pretty sure it's something to do with Kate's skirts.

by Anonymousreply 25April 8, 2021 8:44 PM

It's actually true though. Realistically, whatever you focus on tends to materialize.

by Anonymousreply 26April 8, 2021 8:45 PM

Every time Oprah opens her fat mouth, shit falls out.

by Anonymousreply 27April 8, 2021 8:45 PM

r26 -- welcome Ohio hausfrau!

by Anonymousreply 28April 8, 2021 8:46 PM

R26 A Gallon of Ben & Jerry’s Oreo Cookie Cream

by Anonymousreply 29April 8, 2021 8:49 PM

R19 ZIP IT CUNT. You’d be munching carpets in Compton if it weren’t for me.

by Anonymousreply 30April 8, 2021 8:54 PM

Wow, you Chavs have really got it in for Black women, don't you? How's Perv Morgan doing?

by Anonymousreply 31April 8, 2021 8:54 PM

I have nothing against Black Women, because I am a Black man.

by Anonymousreply 32April 8, 2021 8:56 PM

This is one of those racist Klan Granny threads... Muriel!!

by Anonymousreply 33April 8, 2021 8:58 PM

I'm sick of her big Mama act.

by Anonymousreply 34April 8, 2021 9:00 PM

So, let me make sure I understand this focus and vibration stuff.

According to that video (if I understood it correctly), if you focus your thoughts and efforts on something, e.g., exercising; it will lead to what you desire, e.g., a better body. (This isn't something new. It should be common sense.)

Or, is it that you don't actually have to do the work to accomplish something; but instead, you just have to want it? (From my experience, that doesn't really work too well, no matter how much you vibrate or 'open yourself to the universe.')

by Anonymousreply 35April 8, 2021 9:01 PM

When Chavs want to marry-up do they marry Gypsies?

by Anonymousreply 36April 8, 2021 9:02 PM

She’s so far removed from reality it’s scary.

by Anonymousreply 37April 8, 2021 9:02 PM

She's so fat and hideous.

by Anonymousreply 38April 8, 2021 9:04 PM

Do Brits like fucking their cousins or is that only reserved for royalty?

by Anonymousreply 39April 8, 2021 9:05 PM

Because it's okay to peddle ridiculous things/ideas when you're ridiculously rich.

r26, it actually isn't. 'The Secret' contorts the idea of focusing on your goals into woo-woo foolishness. No amount of vision boards, affirmations, or vibrations are going to make you Mrs. Chris Evans, a billionaire, or reverse a cancer diagnosis. You will only achieve what's in your power to achieve and only if you put in the hard work necessary to get there.

by Anonymousreply 40April 8, 2021 9:07 PM

A frau I worked with attended several of these weekend events, seemed almost culty with women following O around the country. $$$ in it to play guru.

Never forget she inflicted the unlicensed Dr. Phil upon the world as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 8, 2021 9:08 PM

You mean Mr. Phil, R41.

by Anonymousreply 42April 8, 2021 9:09 PM

Yes, that's him, R42, I stand corrected.

by Anonymousreply 43April 8, 2021 9:10 PM

She talks shit the whole time. Only stupid, ignorant trailer trash take her seriously.

by Anonymousreply 44April 8, 2021 9:11 PM

[quote]A frau I worked with attended several of these weekend events, seemed almost culty with women following O around the country. $$$ in it to play guru.

Did her life ever get better after spending all that money on seminars and creating vision boards?🧐

by Anonymousreply 45April 8, 2021 9:12 PM

R35, as I understand the theory, if you do not have/get it, you are soley at fault. It is a mindfuck all aound from any angle, but, quite lucrative for her. Reminds me of the mega millionaire prosperity gospel charlatans, I think those hucksters use a similar pitch.

by Anonymousreply 46April 8, 2021 9:12 PM

Not so I could tell, R45, although she did acquire a lot of frequent flier miles, lol. She was keen to try to voluneer at future events but, then, cv.

by Anonymousreply 47April 8, 2021 9:14 PM

If Brits ever get indoor plumbing do you think they'll start bathing and brushing their tooth?

by Anonymousreply 48April 8, 2021 9:15 PM

There are plenty of low-IQ people in the US who take her seriously.

by Anonymousreply 49April 8, 2021 9:18 PM

This mumbo jumbo is control freak catnip. Yes, you totally control what you attract.

by Anonymousreply 50April 8, 2021 9:19 PM

Is it true that Klan Granny Chavs starve their children to pay for their smartphones?

by Anonymousreply 51April 8, 2021 9:24 PM

She is a savvy woman, but this is her blind spot.

One day I looked up all the people who had fooled Oprah and turned out to be liars and crooks. The list was long.

She seems to get really turned on by these charlatans who spout the New Age crap.

by Anonymousreply 52April 8, 2021 9:28 PM

Do all flat-chested shop girls with pushy trolley dolly mums get their very own prince?

by Anonymousreply 53April 8, 2021 9:29 PM

she sure is ugly

by Anonymousreply 54April 8, 2021 9:31 PM

Oprah tries to help people find solutions to problems. The bad thing is that she finds overly-simplistic solutions that don't really solve the problem. Her "solutions" involve someone (not the person with the problem) getting rich. That's called a snake oil salesman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 8, 2021 9:31 PM

America worships rich people. That's why they voted for Trump. That's why Bloomboig got as far as he did. That's why they'd support Jeff Bezos if he ran for POTUS.

The Boomers, X-ers and Millennials are aging fast. And their dreams of being super rich are fading. But if you cozy-up next to rich people, maybe some of their gold dust will fall on you?

by Anonymousreply 56April 8, 2021 9:38 PM

r35, in simple terms: Focus on what you desire, and you will see a path (aka series of conditions or opportunities) that will lead you to what you desire IF you have the courage to go down that path and / or take advantage of said opportunities.

[quote] 'The Secret' contorts the idea of focusing on your goals into woo-woo foolishness. No amount of vision boards, affirmations, or vibrations are going to make you Mrs. Chris Evans, a billionaire, or reverse a cancer diagnosis. You will only achieve what's in your power to achieve and only if you put in the hard work necessary to get there.

Like, duh. You think you can start with something big like being a billionaire or cancer remission? That kind of expectation is why people fail early on, because they want / expect it to fail.

The Secret is basically a bit of a bait & switch. It promises you BIG things, but in order to get them you have to do a little bit of inner grunt work (aka working on your attitude). And with that work you notice little things, little changes, and they make you happy. So happy in fact that you kind of "forget" the big things you wanted in the first place and just appreciate staying in that little happy place of yours where big, material things feel rather trivial, and you rather chase after the general feeling of happiness and appreciation by focussing on spotting the next potential circumstance providing you appreciation and happiness (which doesn't necessarily mean material objects).

This "woo-woo foolishness" is an elaborate way to change your perception of reality, just like praying or any witchcraft ritual is supposed to change your perception. It's all about finding the courage to change your "I cannot have the things I want, because ..." perception of reality into a "I can have what I want, because ...". perception of reality. Things like vision board and such are supposed to make you spend more time on focussing on feeling positive and hopeful instead of being angry and frustrated because you don't have it yet.

Simply put:

- Positive thoughts lead to more positive thoughts that lead to positive conditions and experiences unfolding right in front of you.

- Negative thoughts lead to more negative thoughts that lead to bad and painful experiences unfolding right in front of you.

by Anonymousreply 57April 8, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote]OP: Why does nobody ever challenge Oprah on these ridiculous "theories" she keeps peddling to the Masses.

Oh, dear. Oh, dear.

Maybe you should alert the Vatican that Oprah is peddling Masses just like someone out of Chaucer.

by Anonymousreply 58April 8, 2021 9:40 PM

It's the infantile belief that if you wish for something it comes to pass or that evil just goes away if you close your eyes and count to three. I had a boss (a filthy rich boss) who had very similar credos. What's up with people dying in some war zone, got killed by the nazis or in died in the gulags? I bet they just didn't wish hard enough. It's elitist and disgusting. I never confronted my boss (even though I quit working for her) because I knew that critique would only reinforce her belief. After all, she was rich and I'm poor, so it obviously worked – for her. Why no one confronts Oprah? Same thing.

by Anonymousreply 59April 8, 2021 9:40 PM

I believe that if you want something badly enough, the whole world conspires with you to achieve it.

by Anonymousreply 60April 8, 2021 9:47 PM

It goes hand in hand with the prosperity gospel racket—God wants you to be wealthy and if you aren’t, you’re probably not holy enough yet. Give me some money and let me show you how it’s done. Amen.

by Anonymousreply 61April 8, 2021 9:47 PM

I can't fathom the change from Weight Watchers to WW. The abbreviation is much harder to say, therefore not catchy at all. What genius thought that up?

by Anonymousreply 62April 8, 2021 9:52 PM

Are all Brits racist or just the Chavs and Gypsies that post on DL?

by Anonymousreply 63April 8, 2021 9:57 PM

It’s magical thinking. All that faux quantum physics personal development jumbo jumbo is bunk. Deepak Chopra is one of the gurus that got that started.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 8, 2021 10:04 PM

^mumbo jumbo

by Anonymousreply 65April 8, 2021 10:13 PM

She's a snake-oil saleswoman.

by Anonymousreply 66April 8, 2021 11:00 PM

^ Your pussy stinks almost as bad as your penis breath

by Anonymousreply 67April 8, 2021 11:39 PM

OP- The Art Of Manifestation. I'm not sure about that.

The Art of EATING- that one Oprah does VERY well.

by Anonymousreply 68April 8, 2021 11:53 PM

I know a frau who goes to Weight Watchers and that’s what she calls it: “Weight Watchers”. Not “Double-yew double-yew”.

by Anonymousreply 69April 9, 2021 12:08 AM

Don’t watch it. That’ll teach her.

by Anonymousreply 70April 9, 2021 12:20 AM

[quote] Who decided she was in charge of our souls?

That’s a good question. Who said she is? She just does tv shows about things. That means she’s in charge? I hadn’t realized that.

When Geraldo wood do tv shows, what would that put him in charge of?

by Anonymousreply 71April 9, 2021 12:25 AM

would

by Anonymousreply 72April 9, 2021 12:26 AM

Here ya go...all better now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 9, 2021 12:27 AM

John of God anyone? Chilling with Harvey? Hanging on the yacht with David?

by Anonymousreply 74April 9, 2021 12:34 AM

Oprah means well, but she is a basically a New Age person, something like Shirley McLaine. A deeper sense of spirituality is missing.

by Anonymousreply 75April 9, 2021 12:52 AM

Even darker than that, R75, her involvement with Weinstein was swept under the rug and there were disturbing allegations re: her school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 9, 2021 1:08 AM

She's still amazed by the magnitude of her success. She held an extraordinarily powerful position in the hearts and minds of people all over the world. Her ability to influence those people was an incredible gift which she did not abuse for self interests alone. She genuinely sought to enlighten the world, and she's stuck on figuring out the answer to her primary question: "Why me?" The answer is simple. She did, in fact, make it all happen.

by Anonymousreply 77April 9, 2021 1:09 AM

R77

by Anonymousreply 78April 9, 2021 1:11 AM

Lol, R78. Maybe Gayle.

by Anonymousreply 79April 9, 2021 1:19 AM

[quote] Or, is it that you don't actually have to do the work to accomplish something; but instead, you just have to want it? (From my experience, that doesn't really work too well, no matter how much you vibrate or 'open yourself to the universe.')

Thought leads to action which leads to “manifestation” or materialization.

by Anonymousreply 80April 9, 2021 1:23 AM

R60 Then why haven’t you achieved happiness yet?

by Anonymousreply 81April 9, 2021 1:24 AM

R57 Truth!

by Anonymousreply 82April 9, 2021 1:26 AM

Word!

by Anonymousreply 83April 9, 2021 1:28 AM

Well, if you fucking cunts would listen to a little bit of what she says and maybe look at your own shitty attitude and self-sabotaging behavior, you might not be so fucking triggered.

by Anonymousreply 84April 9, 2021 1:36 AM

You all are forgetting that you have to click your heels together three times...

by Anonymousreply 85April 9, 2021 1:37 AM

OP, it's never a good idea to challenge Oprah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 9, 2021 1:38 AM

Is the anti-Madonna troll also an anti-Oprah troll? Who cares about these old ladies?

by Anonymousreply 87April 9, 2021 1:40 AM

r57 Yes, it's based on a very basic concept that 90% of people understand ('work on the goals you want to achieve) but wraps it up in "woo-woo foolishness" that takes it another step further by making people believe they can achieve anything. There's no stage in the process in which magical thinking ~raising your energic vibration~ will change a diagnosis or make you a billionaire.

[quote] - Positive thoughts lead to more positive thoughts that lead to positive conditions and experiences unfolding right in front of you.

[quote] - Negative thoughts lead to more negative thoughts that lead to bad and painful experiences unfolding right in front of you.

This is part of the woo-woo I'm talking about. While I agree that a positive or negative disposition can affect what you experience, the line of thinking above (a) ignores the fact that many things we experience in our lives are out of our control, and (b) can be used to blame the user for their predicament. Did Karl Rove or Vladimir Putin achieve their power and wealth because they're so incredibly positive? Are children suffering long-term sexual abuse attracting this abuse because of their negative thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 88April 9, 2021 5:43 AM

White men have Trump. Women have Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 89April 9, 2021 6:29 AM

[quote] This is part of the woo-woo I'm talking about. While I agree that a positive or negative disposition can affect what you experience, the line of thinking above (a) ignores the fact that many things we experience in our lives are out of our control,

That is quite important: Yes, you can't control the conditions you face (in the beginning). However (and that is a big HOWEVER!) you can control YOUR reaction to them. Instead of letting your first bad experience of the day ruin the rest of your day (putting you in a downward spiral of negative thinking and experiences) you can dismiss it as "whatever" and keep your focus on positive thinking. Basically, you have the power to say "Bye, Felicia!" (or take away their power by pivoting, like, "wow, what a great learning experience!") to negative conditions, negative experiences, negative thinking, and not let them ruin your day. Of course, that takes practice.

[quote] and (b) can be used to blame the user for their predicament.

Self empowerment is about taking control of YOUR life (Law of Attractions adds ... in the now ... to this). The good and the bad. You can't choose to be all powerful when you've done good and claim being powerless when life's bad (or claim to be powerless either way). That is not going to work. It's about the basic premise that you are in charge, in control all the time (nobody has the power to take that away from you UNLESS you give it away willingly), and you have the power to live a good, happy life from now on by being deliberate with your thinking. Of course, that takes practice.

Law of Attraction isn't about looking in the past and beating yourself up over it. Law of Attraction is about putting your focus on the now, the present where a deliberate positive thought will influence your future if you follow it up with another in the next moment, and the next, and the next, etc. It is about letting go of the burden of the past and create a better future starting now, aka in the present.

[quote] Did Karl Rove or Vladimir Putin achieve their power and wealth because they're so incredibly positive? Are children suffering long-term sexual abuse attracting this abuse because of their negative thoughts?

Another thing this "woo-woo foolishness" teaches is to let go of comparing yourself, and conditions, to other people (their lives, their social status, their success, their failures, their misery, etc.). They live their lives, and you live yours the best you can. You can't help these poor suffering children (except when you believe a donation from you will make their lives a little better) by obsessing over them all day. All it does is put you in a downward spiral of negative thinking that leads to bad experiences and more bad conditions. Law of Attraction also helps you to let go of the need to bend over backwards for other people's approval.

Law of Attraction is about each individual going through life looking at conditions and, by giving them his fully undivided attention, saying "yes, I want more of that!". If you give your attention to things you hate, despise, find repulsive, heartbreaking ... you do get more of that. The universe doesn't judge or question your choices. It gives you more of that you focus on. That is the core message, or premise, of Law of Attraction.

by Anonymousreply 90April 9, 2021 7:28 AM

Law of Attraction people are scary. Don’t look at the suffering of others; you can’t help them anyway. Disregard the opinions of others; they don’t matter. The only thing that matters is what you want to achieve.

Sounds like justification for sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 91April 9, 2021 8:26 AM

Okra & Kale

Law of Attraction

✂️

by Anonymousreply 92April 9, 2021 8:32 AM

That Oprah skit is actually quite good.

by Anonymousreply 93April 9, 2021 8:45 AM

[quote] Sounds like justification for sociopaths.

Defensive much?

by Anonymousreply 94April 9, 2021 8:50 AM

Let's face it, Oprah has jumped the shark.

by Anonymousreply 95April 9, 2021 9:00 AM

Live your own life = Sociopath!

Lead by example = Attention whore!

Be happy = Are you on fucking drugs????

Try to stay positive = How can you even think about being positive minded with all the bad shit around us? Look at this bad shit, and look at that! LOOK AT IT! How dare you to be so cruel and selfish to ignore the suffering!

You think New Age loons are crazy and unhinged? How about their opponents?

by Anonymousreply 96April 9, 2021 9:00 AM

One does not question or - Heaven forfend! - criticize Winfrey. Once submits. Silently.

by Anonymousreply 97April 9, 2021 9:02 AM

Oprah = airhead with too much $$$

by Anonymousreply 98April 9, 2021 9:18 AM

Here's another idiot she's glommed onto...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 9, 2021 5:27 PM

Let's learn "the language of the world"! Thanks, Oprah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 9, 2021 5:42 PM

Our store hours are clearly marked on the door.

that's our story and we're sticking to it!

by Anonymousreply 101April 9, 2021 6:00 PM

The View gals were staunchly shooting down lesbian rumors with O and Gayle

Rosie: "They're best friends. They go on trips together. They call each other every day. They share their secrets."

Hosts: "Yeah...so?"

Rosie: "They're a little gay."

by Anonymousreply 102April 9, 2021 6:02 PM

Don't old rich fraus all start thinking they are witches or healers or wise old crones at some point!? It IS ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 103April 9, 2021 6:14 PM

r55 Good post

by Anonymousreply 104April 9, 2021 6:24 PM

I can't believe she fell for [italic]this[/italic] guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 9, 2021 6:42 PM

Let's talk about real, live Angels! Thanks, Oprah! The brilliant Dr. Brian Weiss tells us how to talk to our angels. Such truth!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 9, 2021 6:46 PM

So wait, Oprah is telling us she's closer to her dog now that it's dead?

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 107April 9, 2021 6:48 PM

$$$$$$$ CHA-CHING $$$$$$$

by Anonymousreply 108April 9, 2021 9:52 PM

[quote] Law of Attraction is about each individual going through life looking at conditions and, by giving them his fully undivided attention, saying "yes, I want more of that!". If you give your attention to things you hate, despise, find repulsive, heartbreaking ... you do get more of that. The universe doesn't judge or question your choices. It gives you more of that you focus on. That is the core message, or premise, of Law of Attraction.

THIS right here is what I'm getting at when I said LOA/manifestation principles can be used to blame people for their predicament. I brought up the very common situation of children being abused, not because I'm looking to rescue them via LOA, but because the black & white line of thinking that 'you attract what you focus' on blames them for the abuse they're enduring and for continuing to suffer through it by not thinking positively enough to attract a safer situation.

by Anonymousreply 109April 9, 2021 10:54 PM

If Oprah married Deepak Chopra, she'd be Oprah Chopra.

by Anonymousreply 110April 9, 2021 11:28 PM

Because only flyover Live, Laugh, Love fraus give a shit about whatever brand of woo she's peddling now or 20 years ago. No one with a brain pays her any mind.

by Anonymousreply 111April 9, 2021 11:36 PM

because nobody watches OWN so they have no idea what she's peddling these days.

(Notice she did her Markle interview on CBS.)

by Anonymousreply 112April 10, 2021 12:01 AM

My college journalism prof had been a colleague of Oprah’s at a TV station in Baltimore. She says that Oprah was reviled at the station for, among other things, stealing other reporters’ story ideas... and lunches.

by Anonymousreply 113April 10, 2021 12:17 AM

Oprah must have her fake gracious persona she puts on down pat.

A friend of mine was in a restaurant where her party was waiting for her. He was waiting with his party for the last member.

Oprah went down the line greeting everyone and then accidentally continued on greeting my friend and his party. He said she looked a little baffled when her party was called to be seated and a few of the people she had just greeted were not part of her party.

by Anonymousreply 114April 10, 2021 12:20 AM

Someone did call her out when she had her talk show, that she was getting too way out there. One of the audience members said she it was hard to watch as she got more new-age - first Oprah got upset that she called her new age then told her if you don't like it don't watch,

by Anonymousreply 115April 10, 2021 12:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!