Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NRCC warns donors Trump will find out if they opt out of monthly donations

The National Republican Congressional Committee threatened donors that it will tell former president Donald Trump that they are defectors if they opt out of giving recurring monthly funds to the campaign arm for the House GOP.

After donating to the NRCC, donors are shown a yellow box with a small pre-checked box that warns: “If you UNCHECK this box, we will have to tell Trump you’re a DEFECTOR.” Left checked and the supporter will be agreeing to contribute every month.

The tactic, roundly criticized by campaign finance experts as deceptive, was also employed by the Trump campaign from September until the 2020 election to shore up its dwindling coffers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 9, 2021 7:42 AM

Anyone else think this is hilarious?

by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2021 5:48 PM

OMG, yes, R1. I laughed about it last night when I heard about it. Do these idiots need anymore proof of what their own party thinks of them? They're actually being treated like children who are told that if they're naughty, Santa will find out.

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2021 5:50 PM

After everything, wouldn't this be the final straw? I can't imagine this doing anything but backfiring.

This sounds like something Trump wanted.

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2021 5:53 PM

Nelson Muntz laugh

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2021 8:22 PM

I'm sorry, Mr Trump. Do you have a second? It looks as though Dee Plorable unchecked that box. She's a DEFECTOR, would you like to have a word with her?

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2021 8:41 PM

And what is he gonna do about it? Bitch can’t tweet anymore, it’s like HEAVEN since he left.

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2021 8:43 PM

The money doesn't go to Trump, so he doesn't care where it goes or whether it's given.

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2021 8:48 PM

Would we expect anything less after the Voter Fraud Hotline, Four Seasons, The Nazi Republican Convention, the insurrection, the Helsinki summit, his failed business ventures, and on and on? Everything is so amateurish it's astounding. This stunt isn't surprising.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2021 8:52 PM

Of course, they are the Princes of Dark Patterns

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2021 8:59 PM

This is like the shit I was told growing up: “ god is watching you, so be good.”

by Anonymousreply 10April 9, 2021 6:24 AM

I guess with Deplorables options like "if you uncheck this box ... we're gonna KILL A KITTEN / force a random pregnant woman to have AN ABORTION!" would not have worked.

by Anonymousreply 11April 9, 2021 7:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!