Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bitch at work got flustered when I clapped back

She comes huffing over to my desk with an attitude asking why I pulled an “extra” batch of documents to work. I explained that it was a smaller batch, so I figured I might as well work them both.

She says it doesn’t look smaller and that’s when I got fed up and showed her. Then I said if she wanted to take it, she was welcome to it. “Oh, no, that’s fine,” and then she skulked off.

Her friend who sits catty-cornered to me and overheard the exchange says “I think she’s just having a bad day.” I told her she’s going to have an even worse day if she continues to harangue me all day. She shut her mouth after that.

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2021 6:32 PM

You go girl!

by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2021 2:48 PM

OP's story is just mundane enough to be true. That's the best you could do, dear?

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2021 2:50 PM

Did her friend then slam the desk draw and exclaim "Atta girl!"?

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2021 2:57 PM

Ha! I got fired from a great paying temp job once because I didn't stress over the calls and closed out more calls/work orders than all the regular employees the week after training. They had a weekly tally.

No shit.

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2021 2:58 PM

"That is why they call it work."

"If it were baskets of fluffy kittens with balls of yarn, there wouldn't be a monthly deposit into your banking account."

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2021 3:04 PM

Tell the catty corner asshole to shut the fuck up and mind her own business. She WILL repeat what you said to the dumb cunt who started shit.

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2021 3:07 PM

R4's story reminded me that I had a friend that started working in a postal sorting facility. First day during a break some workers approached him and gave him shit for doing too good a job. They were use to coasting.

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2021 3:09 PM

[quote] That's the best you could do, dear?

I don’t start out at a 10. If she continues in this vein, I will escalate. R6, it’s nothing I wouldn’t have said to the dumb cunt myself, so IDGAF.

People think they can talk to me like that because I’m a quiet type. I guess they think that means we’re stupid and don’t know we’re being bullied. I dunno. I do know that they’re always taken aback by the fact that I have a mouth and will use it when I need to.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2021 3:10 PM

That's it? You call that a clap back?

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2021 4:14 PM

Zzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2021 4:46 PM

Dear Universe

Thank you for giving me the opportunity, intelligence and good fortune to ensure I will never be stuck in this sort of job.

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2021 4:49 PM

Plumbing new depths of banality I see...

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2021 5:07 PM

R9, no shit! OP needs to hang around DL a bit more to toughen up. Unless weaves are flying and blood is drawn, it's NOT a "clap back."

by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2021 5:15 PM

When I read the thread title I was hoping there would be throwing acid in faces or at least a Krystle-Alexis type wrestling match. Life really is full of disappointments.

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2021 5:25 PM

For future reference, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2021 6:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!