Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

i heard me parents talk about sending me to mental hospital

can they do that? i still live with my parents but i'm 21

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2021 5:12 PM

Does said mental hospital have an English Language course?

by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2021 1:46 PM

I feel a comedy montage coming.

The parents laying traps for themselves to be caught in as evidence of OP’s posing a threat to their well-being.

Unfortunately, OP unwittingly gets caught in the traps before they themselves can be and, much to their chagrin, they manage to get through day after son-mooching day unharmed.

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2021 1:52 PM

OP, you really need to grow up, take a civics class at your local community college, and learn something.

You're 21? There's your answer.

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2021 1:57 PM

This would have been such a great PMBT thread...

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2021 1:58 PM

This brings a lump to me throat

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2021 2:03 PM

Shiver me timbers!!

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2021 2:05 PM

Failure to Launch 🚀

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2021 2:06 PM

Depending on the state, a mental health care professional can commit an individual for evaluation, and preliminary treatment, for 3 days +/-. Police, EMS, or a local government mental health agency, can transport based on complaints and/or observation.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2021 2:18 PM

Yarrr, matey.

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2021 2:27 PM

[quote]i heard me parents talk about sending me to mental hospital

I think you should preemptively check yourself in.

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2021 2:28 PM

OP = Lou Reed, circa 1960

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2021 2:30 PM

Happens all the time.

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2021 2:35 PM

When staff at the mental facility speak to you about Electro Shock Therapy, go all in , OP.

by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2021 2:45 PM

When I was a kid, I was playing with my brother and a friend. I was looking at a magazine and they wanted to play outside- they started jumping on me and trying to force me to get up and play. I yelled out - GET OFF ME LEGS!!! I meant get off me and also my legs - but flubbed it. They never fucking let me forget it. Years of “get off me legs!” Years! My brother would probably yell “get off me legs” at me now if he had read this title.

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2021 2:52 PM

That explains a lot of current DL.

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2021 3:56 PM

They’re always after me Lucky Charms!

by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2021 4:23 PM

They need a pretext so don't give them one. And get your own place asap. Relatives have some weight in these cases and can make up stories, but cops like to cover their asses by having something you are doing in real time or wrote that they can use to commit you for observation. Take care of yourself, OP. And get out of your toxic home.

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2021 4:25 PM

R14 That story sounds just like my family LOL

by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2021 4:34 PM

Did you finish high school, OP?

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2021 5:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!