Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

America Suffering Ketchup Shortage

Due to the high increase in take-out food

Can you live with your ketchup? What can the USA do about this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2021 1:18 PM

Catsup is disgusting, OP. It's literally full of sugar.

by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2021 2:31 AM

I'm sorry this is a problem for trashy people. The rest of us use hot sauce.

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2021 2:32 AM

Ketchup is a magical substance that instantly transforms anything it touches into garbage.

Maybe the USA will finally wean itself off of its infantile tastes.

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2021 2:32 AM

If you are eating it at home can you not use your own ketchup? Maybe there is a supply of catsup nobody knows about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2021 2:33 AM

R1, before you swear it off, try Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup. You'll be putting it on everything before you know it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2021 2:37 AM

Independence Day is RUINED.

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2021 2:38 AM

Ketchup is delicious and a required accompaniment to French fries and burgers but also has a thousand other uses. The combination of a tomato paste (or regionally available facsimile), spices, vinegar, and a sweetener simmered and used as a condiment or ingredient is practically universal. Go fuck yourselves, you pretentious low rent wanna be fabulous cunts.

~Theresa Heinz

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2021 3:53 AM

You're such a hag, Teri. You know as well as I do that the swill that made the Heinz family fortune would never be allowed at the table during one of your dinner parties.

It's for the poors, and children.

BTW, you misspelled your name.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2021 11:52 AM

I used to eat ketchup on fries, but now find it gross. Maybe the restaurants shouldn’t put five fucking packets of the shit in every Togo bag and box.

To me it’s a juvenile taste, like fish sticks. It’s okay when you’re 8, but looks weird when you’re 48.

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2021 11:57 AM

As I grow more and more distant from my Midwestern roots, I've come to consider ketchup disgusting and trashy. On top of being full of sugar, its color is synthetic and it never adds anything significant in terms of taste.

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2021 12:02 PM

How do I live without you? 😩 🩸

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2021 12:17 PM

Good fies benefit from salt but don't need ketchup.

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2021 12:22 PM

A good cook has all the ingredients to make their own ketchup right in their own pantry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2021 12:24 PM

ketchup packets more precisely

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2021 12:32 PM

It’s not a ketchup shortage. There’s tons to go around.

It’s a single use ketchup PACKET shortage.

COVID “safety” theater has skyrocketed demand for individual servings at restaurants, and now will result in tons of trash from single use “sterile” plastics and packaging. So much for the reduce part of environmentalism.

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2021 1:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!