Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL Malibu residents, visitors etc anyone familiar with their highway tunnels?

There was a recording artist and producer named Tony LeMans (affiliated with Prince and others) who died in 1992 in a motorcycle accident. They said it was in "the Holland Tunnel". When I looked that up, I found there is no Holland Tunnel in Malibu or California for that matter. I see there is a Malibu Canyon Tunnel, Kanan Dume Road Tunnel and then a nearby Sepulveda Pass Tunnel.

Do you have any clue about a possible Holland Tunnel, maybe it was renamed? Or it's more likely the name is wrong and LeMans would have died in 1 of the 3 I mentioned earlier?

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 11:43 PM

Are you sure he died in CA? The Holland Tunnel is in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2021 11:10 PM

Isn't it in New York, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2021 11:10 PM

I have driven through the Holland Tunnel on my way to Jersey.

The Holland Tunnel is not in Malibu.

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 11:11 PM

Perhaps they meant the tunnel under Mulholland?

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 11:17 PM

Yes that's why I was confused as I know the Holland Tunnel in NY

R4 OK that makes sense. I see Mulholland is right near Sepulveda Pass

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 11:29 PM

But OP you read Leans Wiki page, and it says he died in the Holland Tunnel in Malibu. I suppose that is when you got very confused.

"LeMans, an avid motorcyclist, (he loved Harley-Davidson) died in an accident while driving through the Holland tunnel in Malibu, California on June 24, 1992. He was to be married the next day to Deborah Matthews, Vanity's sister.[2]"

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 11:34 PM

They meant the Holland Taylor tunnel.

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 11:36 PM

It's my pet name for my v-j-jay!

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 11:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!