Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Project Runway": Karlie Kloss Not Returning As Full-Time Host for Season 19 of Fashion Competition Show

She has served as host since it moved from Lifetime to Bravo in 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 22, 2021 6:45 PM

She is having (or just had?) a baby so she probably wants time off. She is married to a rich man, so she can sit back and chill with her baby.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2021 10:41 PM

End this show please.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2021 10:50 PM

Is it even coming back?

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 11:00 PM

She doesn't want to be on a tv show doing tons of press when the indictments start dropping on her in-laws.

Probably for the best.

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 11:02 PM

What a shame. She added so much to the show.

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 11:06 PM

I’m available!

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 11:10 PM

I liked her. She was fine.

I’m glad Christian is coming back.

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 11:10 PM

I thought she was decent enough. Don't care for the Kushners, even though she's married to the nice one.

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 11:13 PM

She actually did better than I thought she would as host, but I am fine with her being replaced.

However let's point out the last winner of Project Runway, Geoffrey Mac, just used the fame to start an Onlyfans and now makes his living whoring on the net.

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2021 11:39 PM

I'm surprised Geoffrey is still alive. I thought he was one panic attack away from killing himself. Was it withdrawal symptoms (drugs or alcohol?) that made him sweat more than any of his competitors? The only time I liked him was when he was queening out over Cyndi Lauper. I found that quite relatable.

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2021 11:43 PM

Paulina Porizkova always comes across as relatively fun with a lot of personality in interviews.

They need someone like her to offset the other judges and Siriano - someone with an opinion point of view that doesn't come across as pissy.

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2021 11:49 PM

Not shocked.

Heidi > Karli > Alyssa

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2021 11:52 PM

It's a fashion show and poor Alyssa would make her dramatic walk out...often looking a mess.

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2021 11:55 PM

R11, that's a good suggestion. I was also wondering how Iman would do as a host.

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2021 12:03 AM

R3, it says in the article that production on the new season begins this spring in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2021 12:04 AM

R14 - Iman hosted the Canadian version a few years back, and she was great. Loved her.

by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2021 12:06 AM

Oh, nice, R16! I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2021 12:10 AM

The first season of Project Runway Canada is a good season.

by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2021 12:18 AM

For some reason, I can't open the link. Have they announced a replacement host?

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2021 12:21 AM

R19, not yet.

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2021 12:24 AM

I LOVE the idea of both Paulina and Iman!

Karlie left me cold. I love Christian, but you need some balance. I hope he grows into his role more as he gets older. Though really, he's too famous in the design world now for this gig, but glad he's taken it on.

I wish Tim Gunn would defect from whatever he's doing with Heidi. I miss him. Is anyone even watching their version of this show?

by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2021 12:29 AM

Um we need a trans woman of color. Paging LaVerne Cox.

by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2021 12:30 AM

They should hire Alexa Chung, who was co-host of Netflix's Next in Fashion before it was cancelled. I thought she was marvelous on that show and was a much better host than both Kloss and Klum.

by Anonymousreply 23April 8, 2021 12:31 AM

[quote]However let's point out the last winner of Project Runway, Geoffrey Mac, just used the fame to start an Onlyfans and now makes his living whoring on the net.

Did he pay $19000 in taxes last year?

by Anonymousreply 24April 8, 2021 12:33 AM

[quote]I wish Tim Gunn would defect from whatever he's doing with Heidi. I miss him. Is anyone even watching their version of this show?

Yeah, I wonder if he and Heidi made a mistake going off on their own. It seems their version barely got any notice.

by Anonymousreply 25April 8, 2021 12:43 AM

Tim and Heidi’s show was picked up for a second season.

by Anonymousreply 26April 8, 2021 12:47 AM

R11...Yes, Paulina would be a good choice. She's down to earth and likable.

by Anonymousreply 27April 8, 2021 12:49 AM

They are going to want someone young, not in their 50s.

by Anonymousreply 28April 8, 2021 12:53 AM

As long as they don't hire one of those Kardashian things.

by Anonymousreply 29April 8, 2021 12:54 AM

One day....

by Anonymousreply 30April 8, 2021 12:56 AM

Tim and Heidi’s show had Naomi Campbell as a guest judge... impressive and she gave good feedback.

by Anonymousreply 31April 8, 2021 1:17 AM

I really hated her on this show. Any of the above could be good choices.

by Anonymousreply 32April 8, 2021 1:31 AM

Iman is at least 65 years old, dears.

by Anonymousreply 33April 8, 2021 1:41 AM

This is excellent news. I enjoyed the show despite her.

by Anonymousreply 34April 8, 2021 1:52 AM

What about Rachel Zoe?

by Anonymousreply 35April 8, 2021 2:11 AM

I would MUCH rather have seasoned women who have worked in the business as models (and/ordesigners) and were highly acclaimed in their day, than watch some dried up raisin "stylist" like Rachel Zoe who, at her age, still speaks with a ridiculous Valley Girl vocal fry. She has done nothing notable to speak of, so let's not.

by Anonymousreply 36April 8, 2021 3:33 AM

I'm more than qualified to be the host, since I have a considerable relationship with fashion.

by Anonymousreply 37April 8, 2021 4:07 AM

[quote] They should hire Alexa Chung, who was co-host of Netflix's Next in Fashion before it was cancelled.

It was cancelled? Aw, I liked it. And she was quite fun in the show's comic relief bits.

by Anonymousreply 38April 8, 2021 5:42 AM

Siriano has certainly come a long way since his initial competition season. Remember when he got stuck creating a prom dress for the little heavy teen? He about shit when he realized he had to make something for a short, unattractive girl, plus she gave him loads of crap over what she wanted v what he created. The look of disdain on his pinched little face! The dress he made was too short in the back and had ruffles as I recall - someone please correct me if this is wrong - It was hideous. He should have been eliminated for it but I suspect politics played a part in his dodging that bullet. He was just too interesting and well-liked by viewers to be kicked off. How very different things could have turned out for him had he been booted that day.

Don't get me wrong... he is talented, I enjoy watching him and am happy for his success.

by Anonymousreply 39April 8, 2021 5:59 AM

r39. Nowadays, he's the go-to guy for big, "curvy" celebrities who can't get a single semi-famous celebrity to send them a red carpet gown.

by Anonymousreply 40April 8, 2021 6:02 AM

[quote]He should have been eliminated for it but I suspect politics played a part in his dodging that bullet. He was just too interesting and well-liked by viewers to be kicked off. How very different things could have turned out for him had he been booted that day.

Even if he had been booted, I think he still would've achieved the same level of success. Too much talent and determination.

by Anonymousreply 41April 8, 2021 6:07 AM

R40 Yes, hasn't that been a turn of events!

by Anonymousreply 42April 8, 2021 6:07 AM

I have to admit I am kind of scared that a Jenner, Hadid, one of the Baldwin twats, or a Kardashian is going to be hired as a host based on social media following. I mean, are there any "good" supermodels left to be the pretty supermodel host?

I fear Project Runway will turn into Doctor Who where the fans rip the current host to shreds and demand for the previous one to come back (who was ripped to shreds back then, too).

by Anonymousreply 43April 8, 2021 6:14 AM

I'm available.

by Anonymousreply 44April 8, 2021 1:12 PM

Christian is a poor substitute for Tim. He’s surprisingly dull and doesn’t seem interested in the designers. Brad Goreski is fun. I’d love to see him on the show.

by Anonymousreply 45April 8, 2021 1:41 PM

They'll probably hire Ashley Graham. She's been a guest judge several times, and she's plus size.

by Anonymousreply 46April 8, 2021 2:38 PM

PR has the ability to induce amnesia to its viewers within weeks of the finale. I had to Google the guy you all were talking about. Didn’t like his win, was rooting for the older woman, Nancy.

Heidi and Tim’s new show was better in that they had a more international group and an international location and they didn’t rely on the designers sewing (neither did In The Cut) but Heidi and Tim were acting very strange. It was weird.

by Anonymousreply 47April 8, 2021 3:26 PM

The one with Heidi and Tim had the biggest prize money, but then Amazon (aka Jeff Bezos) can afford it. Including hiring Naomi Campell as judge.

Personally I liked Next In Fashion the best. It felt fun and fresh. Found out in this thread that it was cancelled. Bummer.

by Anonymousreply 48April 8, 2021 3:38 PM

[quote]Christian is a poor substitute for Tim. He’s surprisingly dull and doesn’t seem interested in the designers.

Tim was becoming too interested in the designers, which was becoming a problem. He became overly interested in a couple of male designers and became belligerent towards them when they didn't reciprocate or ignored his advice. The Indian designer comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 49April 8, 2021 4:15 PM

He’s not supposed to show interest in the designers as people.

That loses objectivity. He only sees what they’re trying to create and give feedback.

by Anonymousreply 50April 8, 2021 4:53 PM

“Next in Fashion” not “In the Cut” @ r47. I could never remember the name. Has it definitely been cancelled or just on hiatus due to Corona?

by Anonymousreply 51April 8, 2021 5:05 PM

Yes, Next in Fashion was officially cancelled by Netflix. I loved the show, but Netflix will cancel a show if it costs too much to produce and doesn't bring in enough viewers. The caliber of designers on Next in Fashion was miles above the Etsy-level designers that appear on Project Runway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 8, 2021 5:34 PM

Being I really liked Tim Gunn, I was disappointed that Christian Siriano replaced him as a mentor. Christian was a pleasant surprise...I don't know why the initial disappointment, but he was very good and cool with the contestants. I like him as the mentor, also.

by Anonymousreply 53April 8, 2021 7:02 PM

I want a show where you have to cook a dish and while it's cooking, design fashions to wear during the dinner you're serving the dish.

Top Designer or Project Chef.

I want true renaissance people.

by Anonymousreply 54April 8, 2021 7:03 PM

Will there ever be another crop of models as gorgeous as the ‘90s ones? Fuck these bland volleyball player “models”. Kendall. Gigi. Bella. Just a pack of nose jobbed basic cunts.

by Anonymousreply 55April 8, 2021 7:11 PM

Of all the current crop, Gigi Hadid and Bella Hadid are probably the closest to the old school models of yesteryear like Linda Evangelista or Christy Turlington or Helena Christiansen.

by Anonymousreply 56April 8, 2021 7:18 PM

If Christian decides to quit the show, I would like to see Diane von Furstenberg in the mentor position. She's fabulous, good with people--direct, but gentle, has a sense of humor, been in the design world forever, has a great eye for fabrics, and I love her.

I do love Christian. Not only has he become the go to designer for big or challenging to fit women, (and actually makes them look good), he will often comp or deeply discount for women just starting out in the business and don't yet have the dough for designer gowns. Basically, he works on a sliding scale. He's a good egg. I will always love him for calling some disastrous look a "hot tranny mess". Oy vey, if he said that today.... (I would love him even MORE)

by Anonymousreply 57April 8, 2021 9:22 PM

I wasn't sure about Christian as a mentor, replacing Tim, but I have a lot more respect for Christian after his first two seasons as mentor. Before, I dismissed him as being childish and immature and his talent was wasted on him. But he really seems to be good and smart about what he's doing. I think the edit of his advice being good (and ignoring his advice meant you were at the bottom and more likely to be eliminated) helped in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 58April 8, 2021 10:09 PM

The reboot is a snooze. I like Christian but even he is made boring by this show. Karlie was a non-starter.

I'm sure they'll replace Karlie with a POC TIk Tok star because, well, 2021. Yay, I'll stick with streaming and leave Bravo to y'all.

by Anonymousreply 59April 8, 2021 10:15 PM

Shut it down!

by Anonymousreply 60April 8, 2021 10:19 PM

Christian actually knows what he's talking about. Tim didn't have a clue half the time and the designers stopped taking his advice towards the end of his run on the show.

by Anonymousreply 61April 8, 2021 10:30 PM

[quote]Heidi and Tim were acting very strange. It was weird.

I agree. Their interactions were forced, cutesy and they were trying to act spontaneous and carefree but couldn’t pull it off. And I like them both.

Their designers were very good.

Christian is great and I find him very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 62April 8, 2021 10:52 PM

Heidi and Tim’s scenes were cringe inducing. I spent every segment asking “is she high?”

by Anonymousreply 63April 8, 2021 11:24 PM

So she worked for a whole year? She must be exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 64April 8, 2021 11:40 PM

Now that it's back on BRAVO, one of my beloved "BRAVO-lebrities" will replace Karlie!

Maybe Betthany? Or Carole? Or another former Real Housewife? Those gals eat and sleep fashion!

by Anonymousreply 65April 8, 2021 11:53 PM

I wonder if Heidi and Tim had a falling out but had to fake it for the cameras?

Do many people really watch content like this on Amazon? I will if it is a movie, or an add-on channel like Paramount Plus is, but I've never been a fan of their original offerings. In fact I can only think of a couple and they were both shit. Amazon seemed like a strange choice. I guess they were the highest bidder, but I would think Netflix or even Hulu would have been a much better move.

by Anonymousreply 66April 9, 2021 12:09 AM

If they shove in a Real Housewife I'm OUT. Fukdatshit.

by Anonymousreply 67April 9, 2021 12:11 AM

Dorinda drunk and coked out of her mind could be fun.

by Anonymousreply 68April 9, 2021 12:14 AM

More Elaine.

by Anonymousreply 69April 9, 2021 12:19 AM

The new host could be a male model.

by Anonymousreply 70April 9, 2021 12:30 AM

R70 Well that could devolve into some obnoxious flirting situations. Isn't there enough drama without going to that length?

by Anonymousreply 71April 9, 2021 12:41 AM

If we were going to have a man, I nominate Violet Chachki/Jason Dardo. She's walked both as a male and female model, AND she can sew. She could host half the show in drag, and half out of it. Or not.

Actually she would be a great, though harsh judge. Bitch is fucking relentless in her critiques which makes it even more fun. She can be a bit self serious, but most of these hosts and judges are.

by Anonymousreply 72April 9, 2021 12:46 AM

I like fan of Violet, but she doesn't have the right personality to be a host r72. A judge yes, a host no. They call for different things.

by Anonymousreply 73April 9, 2021 1:16 AM

r73 Agree. I came to that conclusion as I was typing. I think she'd be a great judge.

Kind of the anti-Michael Kors. What is that tired queen up to these days? Eh, who cares...

by Anonymousreply 74April 9, 2021 1:30 AM

Lena Dunham knows fashion and she would be a great host.

by Anonymousreply 75April 9, 2021 2:26 AM

You forgot the "Said no one, ever" part r75

by Anonymousreply 76April 9, 2021 2:47 AM

Karlie will be replaced by a black woman. You can bet on that.

by Anonymousreply 77April 9, 2021 12:38 PM

Other than Daniel and Wesley, have their been other couples who met while competing on the show?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 9, 2021 12:42 PM

I actually like Christian as mentor. He seems to have matured, and I found he gave good advice.

by Anonymousreply 79April 9, 2021 12:50 PM

Zendaya as a host I’m guessing is a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 80April 9, 2021 10:00 PM

R80 I do wish people would stop drooling over this little twerp.

by Anonymousreply 81April 10, 2021 8:15 AM

LOL. Zendaya is doing big movies and critical acclaimed premium cable TV shows. Hosting PR would be a serious downgrade for her at this point. Apart from being so demand that she couldn't fit even a single season in her schedule. Maybe as a guest judge, but not as permanent host. She was a guest judge on the one-season Tim Gunn's spin-off Under The Gunn, btw.

by Anonymousreply 82April 10, 2021 9:41 AM

They found a discarded oil rag with more personality.

by Anonymousreply 83April 10, 2021 9:45 AM

In keeping with the push for plus sized models and the state of the modern American woman, the new host should be large.

by Anonymousreply 84April 10, 2021 1:46 PM

R84 NO! No fatties!

by Anonymousreply 85April 10, 2021 10:53 PM

A former PR winner and a statement for female empowerment, she would make the perfect host.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 11, 2021 4:58 PM

R86, I take it back. I love THIS fattie!

by Anonymousreply 87April 13, 2021 1:58 AM

Even Tim Gunn has publicly talked about how unworthy of a winner you were Ashley r86. That would be the ultimate shark jump.

by Anonymousreply 88April 13, 2021 2:01 AM

R88 Yeah, not deserving of a win but for some reason, I really enjoyed her as a contestant.

by Anonymousreply 89April 13, 2021 8:39 AM

KK was so bland.

by Anonymousreply 90May 20, 2021 11:00 AM

Tyra Banks! She can be the black Ryan Seacrest.

by Anonymousreply 91May 20, 2021 11:20 AM

[quote]However let's point out the last winner of Project Runway, Geoffrey Mac, just used the fame to start an Onlyfans and now makes his living whoring on the net.

I don't understand the controversy. It's very rewarding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 20, 2021 1:19 PM

RE R86, Yeah I really loved her personality but was not a fan of her designs. She might make for an interesting host, the keyword being "might".

by Anonymousreply 93May 22, 2021 6:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!