Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fearing the Aftermath of the Chauvin Verdict

Yes I realize there's way too many threads on this and it's obvious he's scum and deserves death....

BUT Is Law Enforcement consciously making an effort to sacrifice one of their own for the good of the larger community? Collectively hoping and planning that mayhem in the streets can be avoided if all things 'blue' organize together and push for and support his guilt?

Or will cities again be destroyed and burned when the verdict is read no matter what the outcome?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 9, 2021 5:36 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2021 8:49 PM

Cities will not be "destroyed and burned."

There will be some rioting and looting for a couple days in some downtown areas and then business will resume as usual just like it always does.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2021 8:51 PM

OP = racist conservative troll

He probably supported the Capitol riots, too

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 8:51 PM

They're pushing for his guilt because he's guilty

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 8:52 PM

Manslaughter verdict followed by riots on the scale of Watts. We keep repeating history.

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 8:53 PM

If you want to know where Derek Chauvin style policing leads, look at Detroit.

The 1967 riots were a reaction against the military style STRESS tactics of the police force. Their attempts to crack down on crime through violence ended up alienating the community to such an extent that it turned against the police and shut them out, taking the law entirely into their own hands. So fuck that.

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 8:54 PM

[quote]Collectively hoping and planning that mayhem in the streets can be avoided if all things 'blue' organize together and push for and support his guilt?

I’ll answer this question with a news story from last week:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 8:57 PM

I started with some police sympathy. However, I am very impressed with the prosecutor’s case. I think Chauvin could be legitimately found guilty of murder either 2nd or 3rd degree. Of course the defense gets to make their case and I may change my mind. I think the trial is actually reducing racial tensions not increasing them no matter the outcome.

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 9:01 PM

OP = "faux concern" right-wing troll.

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2021 9:04 PM

I live in a sane area, so there will not be riots one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2021 9:10 PM

[quote]Is Law Enforcement consciously making an effort to sacrifice one of their own for the good of the larger community?[/quote] As demonstrated through extensive police testimony, they don't need to sacrifice one of their own. They're already speaking up and against this murdering trash. I don't think "the thin blue line" has ever been so irrelevant before.

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2021 11:17 PM

I fear a manslaughter verdict not 2nd degree murder will spark race riots in the whole us.

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2021 11:53 PM

The correct aftermath is white male dominance will continue to lose dominance no matter what small instances occur along the way.

by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2021 12:23 AM

"I started with some police sympathy."

Why? His murder was captured ON CAMERA. All the eyewitnesses were horrified by what they saw

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2021 2:12 AM

I just got a push notification with this article…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2021 2:30 AM

Not faux, R9.

I saw a tweet earlier from one of the big right-wingers that said something painfully dishonest to the effect of "too bad the jury has to decide whether they're going to ignore the evidence and find Chauvin guilty just to avoid having cities burned down again."

The MARY! in me worries about agitators priming violence. IMO, the best/worst case scenario is a 2nd Degree conviction followed by weeks of Fux complaining about how white men can no longer get a fair trial.

by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2021 2:43 AM

I am convinced the Proud Bois, the Oathkeepers, and the Boogaloos are all waiting for this verdict, along with the self-styled militias and other White Supremacists. Some of them cops. No matter what happens, there will be shit because the GOP needs shit to ty to make gains in 2022. So we need to be smarter.

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2021 2:49 AM

[quote] I fear a manslaughter verdict not 2nd degree murder will spark race riots in the whole us.

If justice is not served, people of all races will march together just like in 2020. Only white supremacist groups are hoping for, and trying to provoke, 'race riots.'

by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2021 5:15 AM

We need a conviction, and the sentence has to reflect Justice.

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2021 2:26 PM

Ask the umbrella man.

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2021 4:16 PM

I am CONCERNED!

by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2021 4:18 PM

Small business people need to hire temporary armed security and/or get their own guns. And board up their stores. And sit on the roofs of their stores with their guns.

by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2021 4:18 PM

If we get a murder conviction, there will be no cause for concern. I don't see how it's possible at this point to dispute that this was a murder. The defense attorney looks like he's exhausted trying to defend Chauvin and wants to throw in the towel. Could Chauvin still plea to a deal at this point? That's what his attorney needs to be discussing with him.

by Anonymousreply 23April 8, 2021 9:04 PM

R8 I'm with you here. I've always been aware that the defense argument was that "GF swallowed his stash immediately prior to the police confronting him, and that killed hi," but as r14 obliviously stated, that video is damning if you think the video shows you everything you could possibly need to know. Today's witness did WORK putting the "of" theory to rest. We'll see how the defense answers it, but the pulmonologist really moved my needle firmly to "guilty."

by Anonymousreply 24April 8, 2021 9:14 PM

They not pushing for anything. Chauvin is guilty as fuck. And I tend to err on the side of the cops in most of these instances. This one? It's a no brainer. Manslaughter definitely. Third degree murder more likely.

The cops are just freer these days to actually speak the truth.

by Anonymousreply 25April 8, 2021 9:25 PM

If you truly want justice for George Floyd, then his TRUE killer should be prosecuted and convicted.

His TRUE killer is Maurice Hall, the man who sold George Floyd the drugs that killed him.

It wasn’t the knee on the neck that caused the asphyxiation (besides, much of the time, it was the shin on the shoulder and the knee wasn’t on the neck the whole 8 minutes).

Of course, the prosecution refused to offer Maurice Hall immunity for testifying.

This is what you call BLACK PRIVILEGE, letting the true killer off the hook when there’s a white person to conveniently scapegoat.

by Anonymousreply 26April 8, 2021 9:49 PM

R26, either that’s the worst piece of sarcasm ever posted here or you’re a loon of epic proportions. Maybe both.

by Anonymousreply 27April 8, 2021 9:53 PM

According to R26, all suicides by a guns are the fault of the gun shop.

by Anonymousreply 28April 9, 2021 4:22 PM

If Chaivin is acquitted, Minneapolis will be destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 29April 9, 2021 4:34 PM

R26 thinks there’s black privilege. Wow. I do not think you know what that word means.

by Anonymousreply 30April 9, 2021 4:39 PM

I wouldn't blame anyone if they riot. I'm white and that is going to greatly enrage me if he walks. That video is soul destroying.

by Anonymousreply 31April 9, 2021 5:03 PM

[quote] There will be some rioting and looting for a couple days in some downtown areas and then business will resume as usual

I love how the progressives dismiss billions in property damage with a wave of their hand, but when somebody puts their feet on Nancy Pelosi's desk, they scream that we must suspend civil liberties and jail thousands of people for attending a political rally.

by Anonymousreply 32April 9, 2021 5:11 PM

R32, sorry, Dump still lost.

by Anonymousreply 33April 9, 2021 5:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!