Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why does Zendaya keep getting a ton of roles?

She can't act. Is she the latest pass around pussy in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2021 12:00 AM

Her Emmy win was such a #blacklivesmatter win. No way did she deserve that.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2021 7:55 PM

Young people love her. That’s bankable.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2021 10:10 PM

Black lives matter. She's black enough to count but white enough not to freak certain people out.

This too shall pass.

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 10:15 PM

I liked her in Euphoria.

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 10:16 PM

Because of diversity. Right now show biz is flooding the market with black people because of all the rioting and protests. This will continue until Hollywood is called out for not hiring enough Hispanic or Asian actors, thus shifting their focus.

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 10:27 PM

She is like Selena Gomez, not particularly decent at anything, famous for being famous, unmemorable movies and songs, inexplicably huge fanbase. I dont buy the diversity hire thing though, there are many talented black actors with great presence. Just watching SNL, their episodes are always better when a black celeb hosts. But Zendaya, though, she might as well be zendaya gomez.

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 10:34 PM

She’s cute. Very likable, and inoffensive at worst.

I like her and enjoyed her in the Spider-Man flicks. She was aight in Greatest Showman but her brother was like 500% blacker than her which begged the question: “huh?”

J-Law was way worse of a push, Julianne Hough is horrifyingly annoying, and Keke Palmer is an obnoxious ham. There’s three youngins that keep (or kept) getting roles that I never understood.

Team Zendaya!

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 11:27 PM

She was good in Euphoria. She was good in Malcom and Marie. She can act.

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 11:30 PM

Keke Palmer is a youngin? I thought she was mid-late thirties.

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2021 11:31 PM

Keke is only 3 years older than Zendaya.

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2021 11:35 PM

I think she's insanely overused and overrated but I'll take her over JLaw anyday.

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2021 11:37 PM

She’s great on “Euphoria”

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2021 11:41 PM

Jlaw is another one people like to hate on...but she can actually act.

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2021 11:42 PM

Stop COLONIZING this Zendaya thread with discussions about that white cum-guzzling hussy JLAW!

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2021 11:45 PM

"pass around pussy" huh? are you dense? she is a lesbo

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2021 11:47 PM

It’s not like Hollywood is bursting with talented young actresses. Who’s her competition? Abigail Breslin? Bella Thorne? Chloe Grace Moretz? Is it any wonder why Zendaya stands out amongst this sea of blandness?

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2021 11:48 PM

I’m an oldster but I love her. She has charisma even if she can’t act. Every time I see her in something I can’t keep my eyes off her.

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2021 11:52 PM

You need to ax, OP?

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2021 11:56 PM

I don't even care if Zendaya can act or not. I won't watch most of her projects, but I enjoy knowing that Giuliana Rancic must seethe with RAGE when she sees Zendaya's name mentioned anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2021 12:00 AM

It gets so tiresome that the running theme on here is that no black actor deserves anything. No roles, no awards, nothing. Jesus fuck, get your shit together.

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2021 12:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!