Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I never want to work again, ever

When my savings run out I will disappear into the wind.

I refuse to partake in this system. Peace out!

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2021 8:14 PM

OK, Zoomer

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2021 6:50 PM

I threw in the towel nine years ago. I would have to be awfully poor to return to the workforce, ever.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2021 6:56 PM

Thank you, Elder gay. It's not much return if you hate 90% of your waking day.

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 7:18 PM

Can I go with you?

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 7:26 PM

Can we all come too?

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 7:26 PM

Ditto OP. Only 50s but hated every day of my life and started wishing for death. Decided that I’ll take the chance I don’t have enough for retirement in my 80s and quit now - and enjoy my money and life for a change.

I love life - for the first time in 25 years. Not working is bliss. Not sure how I feel about having been miserable for so long. The miserable job has allowed me now not to work. I’m grateful I did the time and saved. But I wonder if I had done a job I enjoyed and made less money if I would have found happiness.

Take a chance that you will have to live on SS and benefits at 65 - but don’t waste your life in a miserable job. You may very well die before 65.

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 7:27 PM

A good friend died last year (not covid). A few years away from retiring from a job with a pension! If you can, retire early. My parents did at 55.

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 7:32 PM

I realized by staying home this past year how little money I actually need to get by. I’ve saved a fortune and makes me feel better knowing I can walk away if necessary. I like my job but don’t miss the traveling or daily bullshit at all. I am turning 55 and have gone as far as I can at my current company and no desire to start over somewhere new.

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 7:39 PM

Yeah, work sucks.

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2021 8:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!