Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NC law would ban treatment for trans people under 21

And require state employees to notify parents about kids displaying "gender nonconforming" behavior

Republicans bitch about "big government" and then they pull shit like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 9, 2021 1:37 AM

This is LITERAL VIOLENCE.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2021 5:28 PM

Without even knowing them I intensely dislike everyone in that photograph.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2021 5:29 PM

[quote]state employees to notify parents about kids displaying "gender nonconforming" behavior

Which is going to affect gays and lesbians and tomboys FAR MORE than any trans kids, but the anti-trans troll brigade will try to tell you otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 5:32 PM

My state is finally doing something right. Trans treatments can take a devastating toll on one's life and health. It's not to be taken lightly. Nobody under 21 needs to be amputating body parts or gorging on hormones.

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 5:34 PM

I have always had a problem with laws that restrict things to 21 when you reach majority at 18.

I get that you don't want 18 year old in high school buying beer for their underage friends. But, while I do believe that physically altering children is a bad idea, 18 should be the line drawn, not 21.

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 5:42 PM

^^^I mean, I can go to a plastic surgeon and get a boob job without parental consent at 18, so it makes little to no sense to force people to wait for 21 on this issue.

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 5:43 PM

R4 is a conservative, of course. You probably believe in 13-year-olds being tried as adults in court.

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 5:44 PM

Wait until 21? To make medical decisions for yourself? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 5:47 PM

Lord. This is just as stupid as making it a crime to NOT let your child trans. Why can't common sense every prevail?

A child who's non-conforming? Let them be. Whatever they age into: trans, gay, straight, other? Let that just fucking happen on its own.

And if you can go to war at 18, you can decide to transition at that age too. But, at the same time, let's not trans kids at 13.

It really isn't that difficult.

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2021 5:50 PM

[quote] let's not trans kids at 13.

No one “transes” kids at 13, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2021 5:55 PM

The DL conservatives cheering for this are so dedicated to hating trans people that they'll support a law that also harms gays

Punishing kids for not being "gender conforming" will absolutely hurt gay kids

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2021 5:57 PM

Just for you, r10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2021 6:07 PM

R3, you're right that the "gender non-conformity" of little lesbian and gay kids often means they are seen as trans - to their detriment. How about we just abandon the dumb idea that "gender non-conformity" = trans?

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2021 6:09 PM

R3, opposite, actually. The fact that they are putting the gender-nonconformity crap in there is due completely to the fact that trans insist that gender conformity defines normalcy. Trans are the ones that are saying girls act this way and boys act this way. The gay community has spent half a century, at least, trying to end that bullshit but the trans are defined by it. Trans is regressive.

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2021 6:24 PM

Really? This is the biggest issue North Carolina is facing?? Only in the Trump/alt-right cult...

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2021 8:30 PM

Good news.

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2021 8:44 PM

How's the weather in Budapest today, R16?

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2021 9:01 PM

trans is a wedge issue

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2021 10:17 PM

R10, I'll just leave you to wallow in your utter stupidness.

Fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2021 10:50 AM

North Carolina is a backwards deplorable shithole, so this isn’t surprising.

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2021 10:52 AM

The good news: conservatives are afraid of gays now. Trannies are the new 'perverts' to use in fundraising ads.

by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2021 10:57 AM

R19, you’re the moron. Why don’t you clarify what you mean by “transing” (which isn’t even a word or a concept, except in your bigoted mind).

by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2021 3:25 PM

[quote] which isn’t even a word or a concept, except in your bigoted mind

Like “cis” r22?

by Anonymousreply 23April 8, 2021 3:46 PM

21 seems extreme to me

by Anonymousreply 24April 8, 2021 3:58 PM

I'm not conservative or a Russian, I live in NC and I'm gay. But a law like this might actually save a few people from a tragic mistake. If it even saved one, it would be worth it. Too many parents want 15 minutes of fame and a child's life shouldn't be destroyed in the process.

by Anonymousreply 25April 8, 2021 10:52 PM

R22, if the word "transing" isn't something you can conceptualize and grasp, maybe quit talking to the adults? This discussion probably is a bit over your head.

by Anonymousreply 26April 8, 2021 11:01 PM

R26, you’re right. I’m obviously too unintelligent to comprehend such profoundly technical terms. I bow to your superior intellect and brilliant mind and will leave you to your thread.

by Anonymousreply 27April 8, 2021 11:09 PM

[quote] NC law would ban treatment for trans people under 21

You mean treatment for things like a broken bone or an infection, things that are actually “healthcare”?

by Anonymousreply 28April 8, 2021 11:12 PM

Good

by Anonymousreply 29April 8, 2021 11:14 PM

The extreme wing of both sides of this issue are the ones who are calling the shots. All or nothing never works.

Are any of the drugs that are used for blocking puberty FDA approved for that or are they off label use? I mean lupron was used to treat cancers that had a hormone factor to them (breast and prostate) and were intended to be used very short term. Trans activists claim that they are harmless and imply that if a kid wants to stop them at 15 or 16 their body will immediately go back to naturally developing.

by Anonymousreply 30April 8, 2021 11:24 PM

Should kids be able to get abortions without parents’ permission?

by Anonymousreply 31April 8, 2021 11:33 PM

Good for them 21 is the appropriate age. Not 18.

by Anonymousreply 32April 8, 2021 11:54 PM

[quote]Trans activists claim that they are harmless and imply that if a kid wants to stop them at 15 or 16 their body will immediately go back to naturally developing.

Bullshit! You mess with your endocrine system, you are fucked for life. These kids are prescribed anti-advanced cancer treatments!

by Anonymousreply 33April 8, 2021 11:55 PM

THINK OF THE CHILDREN MARY ^

by Anonymousreply 34April 8, 2021 11:57 PM

[quote]All or nothing never works.

That’s how it should be for the time being until they can unequivocally determine who’s trans and who’s gay. We’re not there yet and won’t be for decades. I will fight the trans and their supporters every step of the way.

by Anonymousreply 35April 9, 2021 12:00 AM

[quote] Republicans bitch about "big government" and then they pull shit like this

This is exactly the kind of issue Republicans can win on. We have the popular position on this issue and it’s about time we start acting like it. Force Dems to defend chemically castrating kids.

I have been annoyed with the Republicans lately. Their recent action on this issue gives me hope.

by Anonymousreply 36April 9, 2021 12:00 AM

Everyone in the OP pic looks a little...off.

by Anonymousreply 37April 9, 2021 1:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!