Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Most pointless one scene roles/cameos.

Inspired by the "Name a smaller role with a bigger impact" thread.

I watched an episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent and the detectives interviewed a woman who ran a group connected to a serial killer. She was played by Lorraine Bracco, who even received a "special guest star" billing. I thought she was going to play a major role in the episode. No, she was just in that one, rather minor, scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 6:02 PM

Ed Sheeran on GOT

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2021 5:16 PM

Linda Lavin had a scene like that in "The Sopranos" where she was Meadow's therapist at college--she was completely bored by Meadow's problems until Meadow said something she could twist around to suggest Meadow had been sexually abused (which wasn't true).

It was a weird short scene, but Lavin made a little master class out of it--it remains to this day one of the most memorable moments on "The Sopranos," and probably the best acting I've ever seen Lavin do.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2021 5:19 PM

Aaron’s Rodgers’ “fiancée”.

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 5:20 PM

I saw my friend 5 play "man 6" in the Hamilton tour.

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 5:23 PM

That should have read:

I saw my friend G play "Man 6" in Hamilton. That was pretty pointless

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 5:24 PM

Streep in Mary Poppins Returns

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 5:24 PM

Ellen Burstyn in the 2005 HBO movie MRS. HARRIS, starring Annette Bening and Ben Kingsley. She has about 15 seconds of screen time as one of Herman Tarnower's past girlfriends. It's a flashback. Literally 15 seconds. Oh, and get this: Burstyn was NOMINATED for an Emmy for her very short cameo. After the nominations came out, the Emmys became a laughingstock and got people wondering if they even watched the movies/shows at all or were just voting on name recognition.

Below is the 2006 Emmy ceremony presenting Best Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie. Burstyn's clip is practically her entire performance in the film. Her nomination was a joke... and a waste. But in a way I kind of wanted her to win, just to see if her acceptance speech was longer than her actual performance. haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 6:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!