Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How playful are you and your spouse?

I have been with my spouse about 4 years now, and one thing that really defines our relationship is how playful we are together. A good part of our interactions with each other are singing singing made up songs together, play wrestling, or fun little rituals.

For example, a typical morning would be me asking for my coffee in a play voice, and him then doing this elaborate rubbing on me to ask what kind of coffee I want: for example rubbing my nipples and asking if I want milk, then my dick to ask if I want to hot, ect. Or, whenever he hears me coming down the stairs he will hide to scare me, or pretend to be sleeping and I have to “wake” him.

Is this abnormal? Are gay relationships more playful than straight ones? Whenever I see heterosexual relationships ok TV they don’t see this way.

by Anonymousreply 43April 9, 2021 6:56 PM

I could have written your post, OP. Being playful makes life more fun. People take themselves too seriously, life is too short!

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2021 4:41 PM

Envy us our playful lives, you fat whores.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2021 4:44 PM

If you're not laughing you're not doing it right.

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 4:45 PM

you sound like insufferable schoolgirls

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 4:47 PM

This isn't for me. I'm mid-30s not mid-teens; I'd feel silly!

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 4:53 PM

You do you OP. But good god don’t tell your friends you do this stuff!

🙀

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 4:57 PM

Do you watch Disney movies wearing onesies too?

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 4:58 PM

Do you leave in a group home? Fucking freaks.

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 4:59 PM

if you were 18 and in the early stages of your first relationship, i'd forgive you.

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2021 5:02 PM

This post reminds me of The Other Sister (1999).

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2021 5:03 PM

r10 “And we love each other so much that last Thanksgiving, we did it!”

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2021 5:05 PM

Ugh, grow up.

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2021 5:05 PM

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2021 5:10 PM

"for example rubbing my nipples and asking if I want milk, then my dick to ask if I want to hot, ect."

Yes, I am jelly OP. I want to hot, ect and my male spouse is never down for it. How often do you hot, ect. ? A few times a day, like Suzanne Somers? You are two wild and crazy hot spouses hotting, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2021 5:21 PM

You wear me out.

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2021 5:23 PM

I think it's adorbs, OP

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2021 5:36 PM

Enjoy it while you can, in 5 years it'll be like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2021 6:44 PM

OP do you 2 ever cold, ect. just to switch it up?

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2021 6:56 PM

How old are you OP?

Are you actually married?

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2021 7:33 PM

Humblebrag much, OP?

by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2021 7:50 PM

OP here. I am dying at some of these responses. I love you bitches 😂

Expect for the dumb jokes about the typo. Big deal. I meant to say “do you want it hot”.

R7 NO! Onesies gross me out.

R19 We are married and both 30.

R20 Not trying to brag. Just wanted to know if all couples were this silly behind doors. I do love our dynamic but I suppose sometimes I do wish we had some more intellectual conversations.

Some other things we do: instead of him telling me dinner is done, he will just come over and stick his tongue out at me. Whenever it is time to sleep, he will steal my pillow. Sometimes he will come up and lick my face for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2021 8:28 PM

Play wrestling? Licking faces? Sure you’re not a teenager? Cause this is what I did with guys I had crushes on back when I was a teen.

My partner and I are kinda silly in the sense we’re always making fun of each other, and we also have pets, so we’re silly as a result of that too. If he came up and randomly licked my face like a dog I’d find that a turn off.

by Anonymousreply 22April 7, 2021 8:39 PM

R22 To be fair I do hate when he licks my face. He also bites me a lot for fun which I dislike.

Luckily we do not have any pets, there is nothing I hate more than people who do baby talk and stuff with their pets.

by Anonymousreply 23April 7, 2021 8:43 PM

Much more playful in real life than on DL.

by Anonymousreply 24April 7, 2021 8:45 PM

We have a similar sense of humor and appreciation of the absurd. We fall into characters and play act- I would die of the cringe if anyone witnessed this.

No licking or nipple twisting.

by Anonymousreply 25April 7, 2021 9:34 PM

Do you have a toy corner and wear diapers and watch cartoons?

by Anonymousreply 26April 7, 2021 9:38 PM

R26 No diapers but we have a room dedicated to our plushies. It isn’t creepy in a Candy Spelling doll room kinda way. He happens to have way to many spare bedrooms and my husband is a wiz at the claw machine. We figured regulating them to one room was the best move to make as opposed to having them in the living room.

by Anonymousreply 27April 7, 2021 10:01 PM

I feel in love with my wife when I saw her acting playful. We've been together 33 years.

by Anonymousreply 28April 7, 2021 10:07 PM

This is an EST.

by Anonymousreply 29April 7, 2021 10:16 PM

52, couple for five years and yes, we joke around, we’re best friends too.

by Anonymousreply 30April 7, 2021 10:19 PM

When my bf and I visit the men’s room to piss we ask each other how the champagne is while we’re pissng.

by Anonymousreply 31April 7, 2021 10:22 PM

Couples who can joke together stay together.

by Anonymousreply 32April 7, 2021 10:26 PM

We're pretty silly, a little like OP story. A decade now. Sometimes we hang out together playing video games like we're teenagers, sometimes we're enjoying a quiet evening like we're twentysomethings, and sometimes we present somewhat as a mature couple like we're thirtysomethings (I just turned, but he's a few years older). Working from home, moments can transition from him having a serious work video call detailing some advanced web development, to trying to pull my pants down in the kitchen and fake whining.

We both have people we 'like' (as in get a rise from) more than each other, but we're best friends out of familiarity and such access to comfort with each other. And of course we're lovers for other reasons.

And yes, we'll lick each others' faces. Or rather he'd get intentionally physically stupid leading to licking me, or I'd try to eat his nose and licking would be part of that.

We're not legal spouses, with enough separated that we're not even common law. But we're in a long relationship that can turn to something else as soon as we decide to take that action.

I'm honestly much goofier than when I was an actual teenager. Then, I was more uptight and concerned about judgement.

by Anonymousreply 33April 7, 2021 10:34 PM

You people make me happy. All that affection going on behind closed doors. Keep at it!

by Anonymousreply 34April 7, 2021 10:53 PM

R29 No it isn’t. How fucking boring are you that even a topic like this has to be an EST.

R33 Thank you for sharing. I was a bit worried that maybe me and my husband were too silly. Glad that isn’t that case!

by Anonymousreply 35April 7, 2021 10:56 PM

We fart around each other a lot and laugh about it. Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 36April 7, 2021 11:22 PM

This is clearly about Peter and Chasten! Or was it about Matt and Nestor?

by Anonymousreply 37April 9, 2021 6:36 PM

Yes. My mate and I are playful.

In the way a cat plays with its lunch.

by Anonymousreply 38April 9, 2021 6:50 PM

Well, we often say to each other, "You playin' me?"

by Anonymousreply 39April 9, 2021 6:50 PM

OP is alone.

Or soon will be.

by Anonymousreply 40April 9, 2021 6:51 PM

OP types fat.

More accurate to be posting about platefuls than "playful."

by Anonymousreply 41April 9, 2021 6:53 PM

We constantly come up with stupid nicknames for each other based on what we're doing at the moment. Like he'll be reading and I'll say, I'm gonna call you Bookie McBookers. I also like to act silly, horse around and demand attention and see if I can get him really laughing early in the morning when we're still in bed. Sometimes it leads to sex, or sometimes he'll be annoyed and go make coffee. Also a win! Together almost 15 years, married for seven.

by Anonymousreply 42April 9, 2021 6:53 PM

I play dead when he comes anywhere near me.

by Anonymousreply 43April 9, 2021 6:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!