Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

They’re going after Hollywood and Broadway’s biggest cunt, Scott Rudin

I think he posts here. KEEP CUNTING, SCOTT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31813 hours ago

Can’t wait for the “talent” to be asked to comment!

by Anonymousreply 1Last Wednesday at 6:46 AM

At least he had the guts to do it!

by Anonymousreply 2Last Wednesday at 6:49 AM

[quote]One recent Rudin assistant says the mercurial producer threw a baked potato at his head in 2018 for not knowing why someone from indie distributor A24 was in the lobby. "I went into the kitchen, and I was like, 'Hey, Scott, A24 is on the way up. I'm not sure what it's concerning,' " he says. "And he flipped out, like, 'Nobody told me A24 was on my schedule.' He threw it at me, and I dodged a big potato. He was like, 'Well, find out, and get me a new potato.' "

He IS a Datalounger!

by Anonymousreply 3Last Wednesday at 6:51 AM

This has been common knowledge for over 30 years. Almost everyone who has worked for him has been fired AT LEAST once.

It's long overdue. I can't understand how he has been so successful and people still work with him when he is SOOOO ABUSIVE. This man takes it to another level.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Wednesday at 6:53 AM

Nancy Pelosi throws phones. He's an amateur.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Wednesday at 6:53 AM

I loved him in the Sony email leaks.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Wednesday at 6:54 AM

R4: He works in Hollywood. That’s why.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Wednesday at 6:54 AM

May he get the comeuppance he so richly deserves.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Wednesday at 7:00 AM

How has no one thrown anything back at him? At some point someone, even if it's just one person, must have said ENOUGH and smashed potatoes in his face.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Wednesday at 7:00 AM

At l;east he has becoming eyeglass frames!

by Anonymousreply 10Last Wednesday at 7:01 AM

is he of the Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 11Last Wednesday at 7:01 AM

Because they're afraid they'll never work in Hollywood again, R9. And Rudin would embroil them in very long and every expensive legal proceedings.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Wednesday at 7:02 AM

After reading that article I feel like punching him in the face. Did anyone ever smack him back after getting bullied so aggressively? Rudin probably knows who he could get away with terrorizing and who not to me with

by Anonymousreply 13Last Wednesday at 7:03 AM

R11 Duh

by Anonymousreply 14Last Wednesday at 7:03 AM

The Sony leak was the best read ever and Rudin was hilarious. I'm sure Angie is still clenching her fists over it.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Wednesday at 7:04 AM

I get that r12 but what I'm saying is that I don't understand why there wasn't ONE person who said, fuck it, I don't need Hollywood, and threw shit right back at him.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Wednesday at 7:10 AM

He eats POTATOES? He IS a MONSTER!

by Anonymousreply 17Last Wednesday at 7:16 AM

Who gives a fuck? If you don’t want to stand for the abuse, leave. He’s not Harvey W., who set out to destroy the careers of people who would sleep with him, he’s just a mega-asshole boss. Walk away and his power over you evaporates.

by Anonymousreply 18Last Wednesday at 7:21 AM

Shut up, R18. The toad is a fucking psychopath who belongs in jail for multiple assaults.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Wednesday at 7:26 AM

The Hollywood Reporter is owned by Penske Media Corporation. Jay Penske is the CEO and his father has close ties to trump. The father also received a presidential medal of freedom from trump. It’s probably fair to say there is some bias there.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Wednesday at 7:27 AM

R18, no one should have to make career compromises because of an abusive boss.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Wednesday at 7:28 AM

If there was even a hint at a sexual indiscretion, he'd be toast. But since he's only committing horrific mental abuse, he'll get a pass.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Wednesday at 7:32 AM

Didn’t he get the memo that only entitled histrionic incest-surviving white women seething with scornful anger, and passive-aggressive black women who side eye you with pursed lips & use the race card to get what they want can demand everyone around nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 23Last Wednesday at 7:33 AM

It’s fair to say Rudin is a psychopath, R20. No bias needed. The story writes itself.

by Anonymousreply 24Last Wednesday at 7:33 AM

Scott has people who scour the message boards to defend him whenever possible. Expect them to show up here soon.

by Anonymousreply 25Last Wednesday at 7:35 AM

I worked for a female boss who was a psychotic covert gaslighting mental abuser, it was hell on earth. I’d take a loaded baked potato to the skull any day over that bullshit, at least you know the temperature of the room with old Scott.

by Anonymousreply 26Last Wednesday at 7:35 AM

A friend of mine is a friend/associate of his. I’ll ask him if he knows about any of this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Wednesday at 7:37 AM

So the worst thing he ever did was throw a baked potato at somebody's head? That automatically makes him one of the nicest people in Hollywood. That's child's play compared to 90% of what goes on in that town.

by Anonymousreply 28Last Wednesday at 7:38 AM

What is your friend doing associating with the likes of him, R27? Bullies like this turn my stomach.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Wednesday at 7:39 AM

R29 I hate Cunts like you. Grow a pair.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Wednesday at 7:40 AM

[quote] He’s not Harvey W., who set out to destroy the careers of people who would sleep with him, he’s just a mega-asshole boss.

I thought Harvey destroyed the careers of those who DID NOT sleep with him?

by Anonymousreply 31Last Wednesday at 7:40 AM

[quote]the Oscar-winning producer was enraged that one of his assistants failed to get him a seat on a sold-out flight. In a fit of fury, he allegedly smashed an Apple computer monitor on the assistant's hand. The screen shattered, leaving the young man bleeding and in need of immediate medical attention. One person in the office at the time described the incident as sounding like a car crash: a cacophonous collision of metal, glass and limb. The wounded assistant headed to the emergency room, and Rudin called his lawyer, according to another staffer there that Halloween afternoon.

Still "child's play," r28?

by Anonymousreply 32Last Wednesday at 7:43 AM

[quote]This has been common knowledge for over 30 years.

Yeah, I'm just surprised he was able to get away with it for this long.

by Anonymousreply 33Last Wednesday at 7:45 AM

How long until all the Hollywood cunts line up to “speak out against this unacceptable behavior”?

by Anonymousreply 34Last Wednesday at 7:45 AM

I knew somebody who was a PA on a film of his. She was fired 3 times. One time it was because she didn't answer the phone on the first ring and she was deliberately wasting his time. ??

This was before cell phones.

He has a very impressive resume - he's one of the most successful producers ever. Just imagine if he hadn't been a complete asshole - you have to wonder how many people have turned down work with him because of it.

by Anonymousreply 35Last Wednesday at 7:48 AM

R34, Exactly. That is why I can't stand all their sanctmonis screechings. All the abusers and perverts that still flourish in Hollywood to this day.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Wednesday at 7:51 AM

R35 who turned down work? Middle management people? No Hollywood stars turned him down because he throws stuff. People are lazy, he gets shit done. Nothing will ever get done once the millennial coddle lovers takeover.

by Anonymousreply 37Last Wednesday at 7:53 AM

Anyone who can defend his shit must be an abuser themselves.

by Anonymousreply 38Last Wednesday at 7:58 AM

I've posted this before. I was an assistant to Rudin in the 90s. I survived 7 months, which is pretty good. The worst he did to me, aside from screaming, is throw a bagel at my head. The worst thing that happened while I was there was him locking one assistant in a closet. It was on a Saturday and nobody found her for like 6 hours.

Also, I was told not to tell him that I was gay. He liked to hire good-looking straight guys so he could abuse them. I only knew of one other gay guy and lasted for a year because he had an encyclopedic knowledge of Broadway musicals (Rudin's one soft spot). Weirdly, a few years later he saw me at a restaurant and hit on me. I'm not sure he remembered who I was.

A bigger self-hating fag you will never find.

by Anonymousreply 39Last Wednesday at 8:11 AM

R39 - I can believe it. He's a gay man who hates gay men because he's a disgusting, fat, abusive pig.

It is wild how long he has been able to get away with this behavior. I'd take a Weinstein massage over this mental and physically abusive asshole any day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 40Last Wednesday at 8:21 AM

It’s amazing that the assistant who got his hand smashed by a computer monitor and ended up going to the hospital didn’t file a police report and sue the shit out of Rudin.

by Anonymousreply 41Last Wednesday at 8:25 AM

He's gone through every general management team and every ad agency on Broadway. People know life is too short. And what he did to Joey Parnes and his team was brutal.

by Anonymousreply 42Last Wednesday at 8:34 AM

What did Whoopi say? No, seriously Whoopi said something.

by Anonymousreply 43Last Wednesday at 8:36 AM

[quote] What is your friend doing associating with the likes of him, [R27]? Bullies like this turn my stomach.

Because my friend is not in a position to say “No, we will not work with Scott Rudin,” because Rudin’s power and previous success speaks for itself, and my friend isn’t going to single-handedly corral a bunch of other industry players who are at or below Rudin’s level to reject his involvement in a huge project.

If he were a child molester, yeah. But if he’s just a potato-throwing asshole? Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 44Last Wednesday at 8:37 AM

Exactly, R41.

I've been working as an executive assistant for nearly 15 years. I've worked for great people and I've worked for assholes. Though I took some abuse from the assholes (it's kind of built into the job), there are lines I will not allow them to cross and one of them is throwing something at me. If you throw something at me, your ass better duck because it's coming right back at you. I don't care how much I want or need the job, I just would not put up with it. My mother always told us growing up that a person can only do to you what you LET them do to you, and, once they see you're weak, there's no end to what they will do to you. That's not judging anyone who worked for Rudin and took his abuse, just saying you have to draw the line somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 45Last Wednesday at 8:38 AM

Can you read, R44? Cause I don’t think you read the article if you think he’s “just a potato-throwing asshole.”

by Anonymousreply 46Last Wednesday at 8:40 AM

They’ve written a book about him: “The No-Rudin Rule”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47Last Wednesday at 8:44 AM

Jodie Foster didn't like working with him. He produced one of her directing projects.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Wednesday at 8:44 AM

By the way, I also work in the entertainment industry and for some very powerful people and none of them act like that. There are a few jerks certainly but most of them are decent people. So my point is that Rudin doesn't act like that because he has to, he acts like that because he's a fucking asshole and people let him get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 49Last Wednesday at 8:44 AM

Does anyone else get a large floating rectangular advertisement in the center of the article that comes and goes and you have read a line or two at a time above or below it?

by Anonymousreply 50Last Wednesday at 8:53 AM

What is this, a coffee klatch, R50?!

by Anonymousreply 51Last Wednesday at 8:56 AM

Megan Ellison, whom Rudin mocked in the Sony emails, chimes in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52Last Wednesday at 8:57 AM

Gays are always thrown to the wolves.

by Anonymousreply 53Last Wednesday at 9:14 AM

[quote]Yeah, I'm just surprised he was able to get away with it for this long.

American culture used to tolerate - even lionize - abusive bosses. That worm is turning.

by Anonymousreply 54Last Wednesday at 9:15 AM

All the stories I've heard about Scott involve abusive behavior, but not sexually abuse or assault. Isn't it odd that a closeted gay man of his age would not use his position in the industry to exploit young, hopefuls?

Btw, Rudin is nice to actors and directors he saves his bile for the assistant class. At least that is my experience and observation, anyone have stories that contradict?

by Anonymousreply 55Last Wednesday at 9:16 AM

"Nice to actors and directors"? WTF...Are you kidding? He will turn on anyone. He screamed at Whoopi, and everyone else has a story. I can't believe his assistants are on this thread trying to protect the idea that "he's good at what he does so he's allowed to be mean to assistants." Wow...He must be scared. If you make lists of all his films and all his broadway, at the end of the day he has the same track record as many. He just does more and he does it louder. No one talks about "Shuffle Along" or "The Wild Party" or some other huge Broadway flops. It's only Dolly and To Kill a Mockingbird.

by Anonymousreply 56Last Wednesday at 9:25 AM

Why did he scream at Whoopi? I heard he was super ass kissy with Celebs. I wasn't kidding, just what I heard

by Anonymousreply 57Last Wednesday at 9:27 AM

I knew he was a cunt, but jesus, those stories. It would be great to see him get some payback.

by Anonymousreply 58Last Wednesday at 9:32 AM

[quote]'Well, find out, and get me a new potato.' "

And they fired me for throwing a SALAD?

by Anonymousreply 59Last Wednesday at 9:32 AM

Yeah, these stories sound like just scratching the surface, I was expecting much more salacious.

by Anonymousreply 60Last Wednesday at 9:33 AM

90% of crew members on every production are entitled douchebags who dream of having the job and clout of Scott Rudin

by Anonymousreply 61Last Wednesday at 9:42 AM

i have attacked multiple Dataloungers for claiming PR reps come on here. Ive been accused of being a PR rep multiple times as well which is annoying. But would I be surprised if R20 is a PR rep? Nope.

Rudin has such a constant stream of employees that there are no rumors about him. its all true. and we all know it because everyone knows people who worked for him. He is an insane person. In any other industry he would have been fired and institutionalized.

by Anonymousreply 62Last Wednesday at 9:46 AM

R49 you've never worked at a top agency if you think none of them act like that

by Anonymousreply 63Last Wednesday at 9:46 AM

Oof

by Anonymousreply 64Last Wednesday at 9:46 AM

Hollywood has become more corporate over past few decades. Rudins behavior is not normal. Its also not drug related. He's just a crazy violent motherfucker. Agencies couldnt put up with that kind of behavior today.

by Anonymousreply 65Last Wednesday at 9:48 AM

R95 you don't what you're talking about

by Anonymousreply 66Last Wednesday at 9:51 AM

Hollywood studios and unions didn't start offering sexual harassment training until TWO YEARS AGO, and most have not completed it or it has not stuck. It is still an unregulated wild west.

by Anonymousreply 67Last Wednesday at 9:53 AM

R66 how do you know what 95 will say, are you Jean Dixon?

by Anonymousreply 68Last Wednesday at 10:03 AM

This is an open secret and anyone on DL defending SR is purposely missing the point. All the shared stories so far are just barely scratching the surface of the toxicity. I've had plenty of friends work in his offices and the story is always the same: run away, as quickly as you possibly can.

by Anonymousreply 69Last Wednesday at 10:13 AM

I've been waiting for this hammer to drop. SR is awful to fellow producers, writers, you name it. And if he's terrible to people with power, you can imagine how he is with those working in his office.

BTW, SR's not in the closet, so referring to him as a closeted gay man is incorrect. The truth is he's not particularly interested in sex, which is possibly why he has such rage issues.

by Anonymousreply 70Last Wednesday at 10:28 AM

R65 yes they do

by Anonymousreply 71Last Wednesday at 10:29 AM

It’s not as though he threw a raw potato. That can do some real damage. (See the Chicago Potato Riot of 1915). A baked potato is soft and mushy.

by Anonymousreply 72Last Wednesday at 10:30 AM

[quote] The truth is he's not particularly interested in sex, which is possibly why he has such rage issues.

Yes. He just needs a few good poundings.

by Anonymousreply 73Last Wednesday at 10:31 AM

Kind sincere people don't have their end-all goal to work in the entertainment business

by Anonymousreply 74Last Wednesday at 10:32 AM

[quote] Nancy Pelosi throws phones.

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 75Last Wednesday at 10:32 AM

He’s Faye Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 76Last Wednesday at 10:35 AM

What happens to skittish reluctant HR reps who tries to throw weight and address the sexually inappropriate of the most powerful agents in Hollywood?

They get fired!

by Anonymousreply 77Last Wednesday at 10:40 AM

[quote] If there was even a hint at a sexual indiscretion, he'd be toast. But since he's only committing horrific mental abuse, he'll get a pass.

Joss Whedon would like a word.

by Anonymousreply 78Last Wednesday at 10:40 AM

Rudin has a husband named John Barlow who runs a PR agency. So it's not like he's living like a monk. Rudin is so grossly unattractive that you never want to imagine his having sex with anyone.

I don't know why he let loose on Whoopi, but I always heard he was ass-kissy to A-list actors and directors, though it's easy to imagine his turning on the latter like a viper during a project.

Hollywood will always be like this because there are thousands more people who want to be in it than there are jobs. It's the ultimate buyers market for employment and therefore ripe for abusive behavior by those with power.

by Anonymousreply 79Last Wednesday at 10:44 AM

“Several people I spoke to for this Scott Rudin piece told me they spoke to the NY Times last year for a similar exposé. Obviously, it never ran. I'm not sure why.”

“ I made some progress last year on the [Bryan] Singer front. But there's obviously more there.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80Last Wednesday at 10:54 AM

Old Hollywood was run like the mafia. The studios had their own police force. They covered up rapes and everything else under the sun.

by Anonymousreply 81Last Wednesday at 10:55 AM

I remember someone hypothesized that Harvey Weinstein's dysfunction came from his desire for this kind of elitist and WASPish prestige which he could not reconcile with his own slovenlyness and inescapable Jewishness. Rudin appears cut from the same cloth.

by Anonymousreply 82Last Wednesday at 10:55 AM

Unless the baked potato had sour cream or chili on it, it's not that big of a deal.

by Anonymousreply 83Last Wednesday at 10:59 AM

How is it that Scott Rudin and Joss Whedon have been exposed as pricks but not Michael Bay? He sounds and looks like a coked-up whore.

by Anonymousreply 84Last Wednesday at 11:00 AM

Using "cunt" in your thread title and "cunting" in your post are both sure to get you more WWs and more clicks here on WW!

Well done!

by Anonymousreply 85Last Wednesday at 11:07 AM

"Rudin himself pegged the number of assistants he burned through in the previous five years at 119."

He admittedly went through ONE HUNDRED AND NINETEEN assistants in 5 years. That's 24 a year. That means every other week he fired an assistant.

And that's just 5 years.

Unfortunately, I've seen very abusive people be protected in the business world time and time again. It's disgusting, particularly when EVERYONE KNOWS.

by Anonymousreply 86Last Wednesday at 11:10 AM

A shanda fur die goyim.

by Anonymousreply 87Last Wednesday at 11:13 AM

It's amazing that he lasted so long. And most of these people sound more than happy to talk and see his downfall.

What a horrible person.

by Anonymousreply 88Last Wednesday at 11:14 AM

[quote] It’s amazing that the assistant who got his hand smashed by a computer monitor and ended up going to the hospital didn’t file a police report and sue the shit out of Rudin.

Almost certainly he got an enormous payoff so long as he promised in writing not to press charges.

by Anonymousreply 89Last Wednesday at 11:16 AM

I actually had a date with him, many many years ago, when he was still on the way up. It was horrible -- he never asked me anything about myself and instead spent all his time sucking up to the person who had set us up and who was there at dinner with us as though he knew Scott needed a chaperone -- someone who was, at the time, much more powerful than Scott was.

I also found him to be one of the most physically unattractive people I'd ever met, not just because of his looks but because his dark soul seeps into and fully saturates his face.

by Anonymousreply 90Last Wednesday at 11:21 AM

The posters on this thread who are saying "So what? Who cares? he's successful, so if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" are why this kind of behavior has continued to flourish in Hollywood, and why people like Rudin and Weinstein have been so successful and also why they feel their predatory and abusive behavior is not only tolerated but encouraged.

by Anonymousreply 91Last Wednesday at 11:22 AM

Towards the bottom of the article:

[quote]Several sources say that the victim of the computer monitor incident received three associate producing credits in addition to a monetary settlement.

by Anonymousreply 92Last Wednesday at 11:22 AM

He’s a pretty spectacular POS, but he’s not the only one.

by Anonymousreply 93Last Wednesday at 11:27 AM

That's Hollywood Jews for you.

by Anonymousreply 94Last Wednesday at 11:56 AM

r90, the couple you were with - were they a celebrity couple?

If so, I think we might know each other. Does "SpaceCamp" mean anything to you?

by Anonymousreply 95Last Wednesday at 12:11 PM

There was this one time at SpaceCamp....

by Anonymousreply 96Last Wednesday at 12:20 PM

Isn't Scott Rudin a diaper fetishist?

by Anonymousreply 97Last Wednesday at 12:40 PM

I’m surprised that the fact he locked someone in a closet for 6 hours isn’t getting more traction.

by Anonymousreply 98Last Wednesday at 12:46 PM

R98 - it's because she forgot to change his diaper.

by Anonymousreply 99Last Wednesday at 12:50 PM

Jewish diaper fetishists are notoriously volatile.

by Anonymousreply 100Last Wednesday at 12:53 PM

So he has physically assaulted people on numerous occasions. He's a criminal AND an EGOT. I don't know where people get the energy for all of this.

by Anonymousreply 101Last Wednesday at 12:57 PM

He threw dirty diapers at them.

by Anonymousreply 102Last Wednesday at 1:00 PM

Scott is well-known for caning his male assistants on their bare buttocks for the slightest mistake.

by Anonymousreply 103Last Wednesday at 1:05 PM

R42 What did he do to Joey Parnes?

He's going through investors too. The financial statements for the Midler Hello Dolly claimed it only made $5 million in profit. Not helped by the fact they were spending $150,000 a week on advertising for a show which was sold out.

I do love the THR found a photo to use which has both Kevin Spacey and Armie Hammer in it.

by Anonymousreply 104Last Wednesday at 1:09 PM

[quote] It’s amazing that the assistant who got his hand smashed by a computer monitor and ended up going to the hospital didn’t file a police report and sue the shit out of Rudin.

He got three producing credits AND a monetary settlement. I am sure that settlement was in the high 7 figures. Getting his hand smashed was a career-making 'accident.'

by Anonymousreply 105Last Wednesday at 1:14 PM

All this hand-wringing and pearl-clutching is idiotic. People let Rudin "get away" with his behavior for the same reason they let Weinstein run amok: because he makes money and wins awards in Hollywood *and* on Broadway, and most people who flock to the entertainment industry are willing to do anything/anyone to accrue even half the success that Rudin has achieved. Once Harvey got old and his power faded it was safe to turn on him, same with Rudin, negative stories about whom have been circulating in the press (including the Reporter) since at least 2014. Since it's such an open secret that Rudin is a raging, hemorrhoid-encrusted asshole, then why was there still a pool of hungry 20-somethings willing to be his assistant?

by Anonymousreply 106Last Wednesday at 1:47 PM

R95 -- No, it wasn't couple who set me up with Scott -- it was a very powerful person in the industry (at the time, now his star has faded) who thought, for some godforsaken reason, that we would be a match. As I said, it was one of the worst dates of my life. (Because of my career, I've had a number of set-ups with rather famous people, women and men -- I came out later in life -- and everyone of them was unpleasant. Once I got my life together, I never dated anyone even remotely famous again.)

by Anonymousreply 107Last Wednesday at 1:58 PM

Rudin should have courted you harder, R107.

Because the one he settled for is no catch. Oh, no, no, no, no, no.

by Anonymousreply 108Last Wednesday at 2:03 PM

Who wouldn't want Scott Rudin signed on to produce and raise money for their movie?

by Anonymousreply 109Last Wednesday at 2:04 PM

Apparently everyone, r109.

by Anonymousreply 110Last Wednesday at 2:08 PM

"No, it wasn't couple who set me up with Scott "

Ahhh, ok. I was friends with a guy right after I left Rudin's employ who went on a date with him. I guess I can say this, but they were with Johnny Depp and Kate Moss. This friend (who I haven't spoke to in many years) had a very similar reaction to yours. Totally grossed out.

Good to hear you've moved on from all that.

by Anonymousreply 111Last Wednesday at 2:12 PM

R110 Huh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112Last Wednesday at 2:14 PM

Vile, disgusting, and beyond obnoxious. I met the man in the 90s and spent a few hours with him over the course of a few weeks and he still shocks my conscious with his gross and smelly ways. The only other celeb who I personally met who was also beyond vile was Darren Star of Sex and the City.

by Anonymousreply 113Last Wednesday at 2:21 PM

Same R98. Isn’t that legally kidnapping?

by Anonymousreply 114Last Wednesday at 2:28 PM

Of course it is, R114. Kidnapping is a criminal charge.

In tort, that act would be false imprisonment.

I hope the girl collected a bundle for her six hours of imprisonment.

by Anonymousreply 115Last Wednesday at 2:39 PM

And I always dreamt of becoming a Hollywood actor...

by Anonymousreply 116Last Wednesday at 3:03 PM

Hollywood and Broadway culture actually takes sick pleasure in protecting guys like this. Re-inforces everyone's self-hatred.

by Anonymousreply 117Last Wednesday at 4:22 PM

I just quit working on a high profile show. The executive on it was a monster and everyone just towed the line because they were good at their job. . I didn’t as I hated this person and thought fuck you. Very toxic work environment. They are everywhere in every profession but the entertainment industry for some reason attracts a higher percentage. I took it all to HR who will do nothing. My career will be affected. The executives will not.

by Anonymousreply 118Last Wednesday at 4:29 PM

Many people learn the hard way that HR is not on your side if you don't do the hiring and firing or make decisions for the company.

by Anonymousreply 119Last Wednesday at 4:32 PM

I would rather work with Rudin over Bette Midler any day. I'm sure he was terrified of her during the Hello, Dolly! run.

by Anonymousreply 120Last Wednesday at 4:33 PM

[quote] and everyone just towed the line

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 121Last Wednesday at 4:35 PM

R107, are you make or female?

by Anonymousreply 122Last Wednesday at 4:48 PM

Oh, this dude is gay? Surprise surprise. Little bitchy diva.

by Anonymousreply 123Last Wednesday at 4:49 PM

I respect a gay man who can instill fear in some of the most ruthless heterosexual assholes on the planet and beat them at their own game

by Anonymousreply 124Last Wednesday at 4:51 PM

You mean like Roy Cohn, R124?

by Anonymousreply 125Last Wednesday at 4:52 PM

when is it going to come out about some abusive WOMEN?

by Anonymousreply 126Last Wednesday at 4:55 PM

R115, a side note: I've often wondered, why is the term "false imprisonment"? That sounds like a sting operation involving an actual fake prison. It's the adjective "false" that's throwing me.

by Anonymousreply 127Last Wednesday at 4:57 PM

[quote]The Hollywood Reporter is owned by Penske Media Corporation. Jay Penske is the CEO and his father has close ties to trump. The father also received a presidential medal of freedom from trump. It’s probably fair to say there is some bias there.

That hardly means anything, Larry Ellison of Oracle is a huge Trump supporter but his showbiz daughter the aforementioned Megan Ellison is liberal

by Anonymousreply 128Last Wednesday at 5:01 PM

Not to rationalize his behavior but this has been how Hollywood operates for almost a hundred years.

As someone said, everyone goes along in hopes of a bigger paycheck, fame, awards, etc.

Instead of the faux outrage there should be some accountability measures put in place by studios and producers with real teeth and consequences. Otherwise it’s just a bunch of hot air.

by Anonymousreply 129Last Wednesday at 5:30 PM

R125 Roy Cohn was not openly gay

by Anonymousreply 130Last Wednesday at 5:35 PM

[quote]I would rather work with Rudin over Bette Midler any day. I'm sure he was terrified of her during the Hello, Dolly! run.

Why would Rudin be terrified of Midler? He outranks her in terms of power in the biz.

I personally witnessed Linda Lavin shade Scott Rudin at a cocktail event. Lavin was talking with my partner, myself and one other person in the business. Rudin came up interrupted the conversation and stuck his hand out to Lavin with some overture of praise. Lavin looked him up and down and without saying a word or offering her hand back, walked away. My partner thinking he was rescuing her from offending a powerful producer said "Linda, you know this is Scott Rudin" and Lavin said "Yes I know, who it is" and she walked away leaving Rudin with his hand out. He made some feeble joke and also left. Maybe he has gay panic around divas

by Anonymousreply 131Last Wednesday at 5:40 PM

Viola knew.

by Anonymousreply 132Last Wednesday at 5:44 PM

[quote] [R125] Roy Cohn was not openly gay

Neither did the comment I responded to mention anything about being open.

[quote] I respect a gay man who can instill fear in some of the most ruthless heterosexual assholes on the planet and beat them at their own game

by Anonymousreply 133Last Wednesday at 5:48 PM

I love that the Hollywood Reporter included a photo from 2011 with Rudin, Armie Hammer, and Kevin Spacey on stage together to receive an award. A picture is worth a thousand words.

by Anonymousreply 134Last Wednesday at 5:48 PM

R133 it was a reference to Scott Rudin - AN OPENLY GAY MAN - and you compared him to Roy Cohn - A CLOSETED GAY MAN.

by Anonymousreply 135Last Wednesday at 5:50 PM

I responded specifically to the comment. If you can't understand that, then sit down.

Also, everyone Roy Cohn tangled with knew he was gay. Just because he didn't publicly admit it doesn't mean EVERYONE didn't know it.

by Anonymousreply 136Last Wednesday at 5:51 PM

R136 I am sitting down Mr. Contrarian. You obviously know it was praising Scott Rudin being openly gay in the ruthless hetero Hollywood world.

by Anonymousreply 137Last Wednesday at 5:54 PM

Yeah, R136, I don't get why being an openly gay man is helpful in this situation. It's never ok to beat and terrorize your subordinates.

by Anonymousreply 138Last Wednesday at 5:55 PM

R138 tell Scott Rudin that and see what he says

by Anonymousreply 139Last Wednesday at 5:56 PM

I’m not understanding the problem here.

by Anonymousreply 140Last Wednesday at 5:57 PM

This thread wouldn't have any replies if Rudin was straight

by Anonymousreply 141Last Wednesday at 5:58 PM

Was Rudin "hands on " with To Kill A Mockingbird? Who are the "nice producers " on Broadway and Hollywood? Jordan Roth? He doesn't seem evil at all

by Anonymousreply 142Last Wednesday at 5:58 PM

At a Broadway League Spring Road Conference party he walked right up to me looked at my name tag and gave me a hug. He asked how I as doing etc. He's since done the same thing every time I've run into him. I have no idea why. I passed him early one morning on West 44th Street and he was clearly in a hurry rushing to Café Une Deux Trois probably for a meeting and he stopped to say hello. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 143Last Wednesday at 6:00 PM

Will a Tropic Thunder hit? 😂 Wasn't Tom Cruise's character in that movie based on him?

I had no idea he was a Datalounger.

The comments at this Deadline article are great. Deadline is known to attract a lot of pissed low level employees to comment on articles that no one reads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144Last Wednesday at 6:08 PM

Les Grossman was based on Joel Silver.

by Anonymousreply 145Last Wednesday at 6:21 PM

[quote]Nancy Pelosi throws phones.

Uhhh, so does Scott Rudin. I distinctly remember an article that was written years ago in which his assistants placed an inconspicuous peice of tape on the floor of his office so they knew where it was safe to stand so as not to get hit when he flung the phone at them. He did it often enough and someone got wise to place a marker on the floor. The article was originally linked here on DL in the early 2000's and has probably been scrubbed from the internet. I remember this because I shared it with my coworkers at the time. I had worked in a box office that dealt with his office often. We even referred to him privately amongst ourselves as "scott-fucking-rudin." Occasionally an assistant would show up to pick up tickets for him and we often felt bad for them because we knew that working for him must have been so unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 146Last Wednesday at 6:34 PM

R141 - blinks in Joss Whedon-

by Anonymousreply 147Last Wednesday at 11:49 PM

R131 Great story. Linda Lavin is one of DL's favorites to malign, but she wins me over assuming your story is true.

R146 I think it was Gawker that wrote the article, 10 Worst Bosses (or something like that).

by Anonymousreply 148Last Thursday at 12:50 AM

He was always a gentlemen around me. I've never even heard of this behaviour until now.

by Anonymousreply 149Last Thursday at 1:12 AM

Hopefully he'll go to the same prison as Harvey Weinstein and the two can finally bone. They hate each other but were made for one another (homo/het mirrors).

by Anonymousreply 150Last Thursday at 3:06 AM

[quote]Instead of the faux outrage there should be some accountability measures put in place by studios and producers with real teeth and consequences. Otherwise it’s just a bunch of hot air.

Completely agreed, though this comment could be true about any high profile/big dollar business; as long as senior executives bring in $$ & make shareholders happy, there is no accountability. It's only after they've fallen out of favor that the knives come out.

This thread is one of the best DL threads in a while & the story about the assistant being locked in a close for 6 hours (while horrifying) is a also a hoot. But in spite of all this, I imagine people flock to work for this guy so you can put it on your resume - no judgement here, however, because I'm sure that kind of thing goes a long way showbiz.

If anything, I kind of admire people who could survive in this world. I don't think I'd last 5 minutes

by Anonymousreply 151Last Thursday at 3:15 AM

Wait, so what did Rudin do to Joey Parnes & co.? Is that why Rudin uses a different GM now?

by Anonymousreply 152Last Thursday at 3:40 AM

By citing incidents with assistants, the article somehow doesn't capture the constancy and depth of the abuse, not for seasoned colleagues like Parnes & co and the publicists and marketing companies - like barrages of calls and emails at all hours 24/7 of the day, calling meetings with 10 minutes notice that are canceled when you arrive, constant repeated threats of being fired, bellowing with fury on every third phone call. These other companies put up with it because the money is good and they have employees to pay and he has a long history of firing them anyway, going elsewhere, then when the new company tries to quit the work because it's even worse than they expected and their employees are beyond miserable, he goes back to the company he fired and tells them it'll be different. Classic abuse. I wish the article could have evoked some of that.

by Anonymousreply 153Last Thursday at 4:14 AM

This Gawker post from 2007 is interesting, it's when they were doing their Worst Bosses series

[quote]As our tipsters have it, Rudin neatly nails every bad boss cliche, especially the one about throwing things. When he recently at long last got a Blackberry, it was viewed with mixed relief and terror by his five (yes) assistants because of the likelihood that it would soon become a projectile. Allegedly, it did. The assistants, one of whom is tasked solely with making theater reservations for Rudin, are frequently fired. Sometimes all are fired simultaneously, and when this happens they traditionally go across the street to a cafe where they await a call from the office manager to let them know they're rehired. Despite the admirably thorough division of labor, the assistants are, according to a tipster, still horribly overworked. They're also meant to be on call 24/7, and are banned from taking the subway because this renders them unreachable.

And on the 2005 WSJ article:

[quote]A 2005 Wall Street Journal article entitled Boss-Zilla (subscribers only) delved into Rudin's antics, but according to a tipster, barely scratched the surface, with good reason: while it was being researched, one of Rudin's employees was tasked with compiling a list of every single individual who had ever worked for him. This list was then called and told which stories they were permitted to share. Ostensibly they complied because of Rudin's industry clout, which makes sense to us: there is no telling what someone who will send a crate of cigarettes to Harvey Weinstein is capable of. Shiver.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154Last Thursday at 5:20 AM

It's hard to explain that he's more than a [italic]mean boss[/italic]. It's oppressive dangerous damaging horror. Even throwing a Blackberry sounds like a petulant tantrum compared to the hell employees and colleagues endure.

by Anonymousreply 155Last Thursday at 6:24 AM

I loved him in Swimming with Sharks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156Last Thursday at 6:51 AM

What everyone is missing here is that all of Rudin's aggression has been calculated and strategic. He knows that fear is the most motivating force, and he's created a history of intimidation and ugliness and raw force that people can't help themselves falling for. For every Dom, there's a sub, and show business has many more subs than Doms, particularly amongst people-pleasing actors. My guess is he loved yesterday's article. He's now an ever bigger myth.

by Anonymousreply 157Last Thursday at 8:21 AM

The Twittersphere is now calling out Whoopi for her "No comment" on Rudin.

by Anonymousreply 158Last Thursday at 8:21 AM

R158, it was more of a 'no comment, no comment' than a 'no comment.'

by Anonymousreply 159Last Thursday at 8:23 AM

Another voice added...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160Last Thursday at 8:35 AM

what does America's Australian sweetheart have to say? Trouble in River City?

by Anonymousreply 161Last Thursday at 8:42 AM

Has anyone spoken to Sutton?

by Anonymousreply 162Last Thursday at 8:45 AM

My first boss in PR threw a Stapler at my head. A fucking metal stapler that embedded in the wall after he launched it and I ducked. I had two options, cry and leave or cunt out. I took cunt out. I pulled it out of the wall and told him (he did this in front of the office mind you) "I have six witnesses that you just tried to do bodily harm to me. Get fucking help or I will sue the fuck out of you" and handed him back his stapler. He went into his office and shut the door. He was gone the rest of the day. The next day, he had transitioned three of his major accounts to me and took some time off to get help. Thank god, because he probably would have really hurt someone.

by Anonymousreply 163Last Thursday at 8:50 AM

[quote]What everyone is missing here is that all of Rudin's aggression has been calculated and strategic.

No, R157. Of course he knows how to enforce a boundary and to project strength. And, of course, he knows how to be strategic in his interactions with others.

But his abuse is not a genius at work and you're a moron if you think it is. He's a malevolent narcissist who will never win enough awards to assuage his broken soul. He flies into a narcissistic rage at the slightest provocation and when he does, he really intends to hurt others. He knocks people down so that he can be on top, even if he is only on top of a pile of intimidated young people. He works in a highly speculative industry that is an endless pile of LLCs and LLPs and only cares about financial success. He wouldn't last five minutes as an employee of a large corporation. But as long as it only happens in his office, the industry treats it as his business.

by Anonymousreply 164Last Thursday at 8:59 AM

A bit of a weird question, but for those in the know: is there any particular reason Rudin hired Amar Ramasar for the West Side Story revival? For those who don't know, Amar is one of the ballet dancers at NYCB who was sending nudes of his girlfriend - without her knowing - to another dancer and one of NYCB's patrons, who would made degrading comments about the women.

It seems such an odd casting decision, as the role of Bernardo isn't so challengingly choregraphed that it needs a principal ballet dancer, and he's 38/39 so isn't age appropriate. Plus, casting him at the time of MeToo and so on just guaranteed a lot of bad publicity. And yet Rudin stuck by him. It seems an odd choice, and given there are posters here who have interacted with Rudin, wonder if any of them could cast light on that choice.

by Anonymousreply 165Last Thursday at 10:12 AM

r163 did you work for Jeffrey Richards? Was he censured for throwing a stapler?

by Anonymousreply 166Last Thursday at 10:15 AM

It's the basic problem of insecure people being in powerful positions acting unprofessional towards staff and other underlings. And getting away with it for decades.

A few reports here and there do nothing. Mock and dismiss social media's #metoo all you want, but it accomplished so much more than any legit report from a legit media outlet which barely exist, because - of course - the media is too scared to rock the boat and the vicious cycle of a status quo where "the superiors" have the privilege to mistreat "the inferiors" without repercussion. So it's best to use any advantage you can get to become a "superior" playing by the established "superiors" rules and keep that outdated "management" style alive and well.

by Anonymousreply 167Last Thursday at 10:19 AM

Scott Rudin is an abusive monster, these stories were known for decades. I feel bad for his assistants, unfortunately some of them turned into mini-Scotts themselves.

by Anonymousreply 168Last Thursday at 10:31 AM

As if Megan Ellison has any qualifications other than being the daughter of a billionaire to criticize someone who actually earned his own money and success

by Anonymousreply 169Last Thursday at 10:48 AM

He's almost as hideous-looking as that other Hollywood monster Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 170Last Thursday at 11:52 AM

Is he a nappy fetishist?

by Anonymousreply 171Last Thursday at 11:53 AM

Isn't his husband a big Broadway publicist?

by Anonymousreply 172Last Thursday at 11:54 AM

He does look good in leather shorts though.

by Anonymousreply 173Last Thursday at 12:05 PM

The idea that he's somehow okay as a boss because people "flock to work for him" is insane.

People flocked to work for Trump, and for Idi Amin, too.

by Anonymousreply 174Last Thursday at 12:10 PM

Reasons people work for guys like Rudin: Some people are plain stupid, some are blinded by ambition, some are just glutton for punishment.

by Anonymousreply 175Last Thursday at 12:19 PM

They also imagine it can't be as bad as they've heard, or that they're forewarned/forearmed and therefore smarter or better equipped than the hundreds who have come before them.

by Anonymousreply 176Last Thursday at 12:28 PM

R176, that last point is a key one. I assume most of these people are, in fact, gifted and capable, and they think that they can handle things.

by Anonymousreply 177Last Thursday at 12:46 PM

[quote]What I'm saying is that I don't understand why there wasn't ONE person who said, fuck it, I don't need Hollywood, and threw shit right back at him.

I had the same thought, especially since some of his victims have left the entertainment industry entirely.

by Anonymousreply 178Last Thursday at 12:50 PM

Is he the kind of bully who would back down if one of these kids beat the absolute living shit out of him, or would he just press charges and keep acting like he does?

by Anonymousreply 179Last Thursday at 12:52 PM

How is this a shock? He's pretty famous in New York for treating everyone who works under him like dirt. But he's a money-maker who has a knack for success.

He's a shitty guy, but there is some truth to the old tale that if you can survive under him for a year, you can work anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 180Last Thursday at 1:00 PM

Anyone who worked for him in the last twenty years knew exactly what they were getting into and did so with their mouths agape and on their backs with knees held to their chest

by Anonymousreply 181Last Thursday at 1:01 PM

I didn't THROW a salad, a dumped it on the floor.

Get your facts straight.

by Anonymousreply 182Last Thursday at 1:05 PM

It’s not news that he’s a SOB

It’s news that he actually physically assaulted his assistants

Just like everyone knew that Weinstein was a gross womanizing pig, but it was news that he was actually a rapist

by Anonymousreply 183Last Thursday at 1:06 PM

Ugly people are often vicious bullies.

by Anonymousreply 184Last Thursday at 1:08 PM

The article makes it clear that Rubin tried to punish people who left, or even simply entertained other job offers. It sounds exactly like spousal abuse.

by Anonymousreply 185Last Thursday at 1:32 PM

The man had a brother who worked for Rudin. The brother committed suicide some time later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186Last Thursday at 1:55 PM

[quote]I worked for a female boss who was a psychotic covert gaslighting mental abuser, it was hell on earth. I’d take a loaded baked potato to the skull any day over that bullshit, at least you know the temperature of the room with old Scott.

What a sick, twisted way of looking at it. "Oh, his behavior is horrendous, but not AS horrendous as that of a (gasp!) WOMAN I worked for, so he's not THAT bad." Go to hell, immediately.

[quote]So the worst thing he ever did was throw a baked potato at somebody's head?

NO, that's not correct. Read the article, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 187Last Thursday at 2:00 PM

R187 you seem pretty level-headed yourself

by Anonymousreply 188Last Thursday at 2:14 PM

No, R172. The husband dropped out of Broadway some years ago. He was a Broadway union press agent, but not ever the most successful of them.

His office was funded by Rudin. Rather than see the weekly union salary leave the family every week, he set up his husband in his own office and then hired him to hold the required weekly contract and do the publicity for Rudin's productions. Better to pay him and put him to work that to support him?

The husband shared the office with another press agent who for some years had near legend DL status in the Theatre Gossip threads, mostly for his hairy chest.

All of this has been recounted in those toxic threads, time and time again.

by Anonymousreply 189Last Thursday at 2:50 PM

No one who ever worked for the Hollywood moguls ever recounted stuff like this about them. The worst you hear about them is they go on a screaming bender but nothing this OPENLY abusive.

by Anonymousreply 190Last Thursday at 3:31 PM

R190, that's true. Harry Cohen, the notoriously sadistic head of Columbia, never did things like this -- and he was a legend. This is on a new level.

by Anonymousreply 191Last Thursday at 5:35 PM

So the rumored NYT expose of a Broadway heavyweight that didn't come out a couple of years ago was about him?

by Anonymousreply 192Last Thursday at 5:39 PM

I have read and listened to stars accounts of all of them; Zanuck, Warner, Mayer, Thalberg, Cohen, Zukor, Laemle. To read this about any of them is at this point impossible. Everyone who knew them and worked with them is dead. And so much ink has been spilled about all of them even after they were dead and this simply didn't happen with them. If it did thousands of people kept it a secret. And why would they? So many people hated some of them.

And I've never even heard anything like this about Broadway's most notorious producer David Merrick who seemed to be everyone's enemy. Rudin exists in a different world from these men. As well as that costume designer. You know there was a casting couch but there has been nothing so abusive that has come out about people like Colt or Beaton or Wittop or Oliver Smith.

by Anonymousreply 193Last Thursday at 5:55 PM

Harry Cohn

by Anonymousreply 194Last Thursday at 5:56 PM

Well it didn't happen either with George M and he was mean.

by Anonymousreply 195Last Thursday at 5:59 PM

Is Scooter Flo Ziegfeld level asshole?

by Anonymousreply 196Last Thursday at 6:03 PM

I must say though Arthur Freed did not act very gentlemanly at times. Talk to Shirley Temple or Barrie Chase. His creep factor was off the charts. It has put a bit of a crimp in enjoying the great films of his unit. Did all the great performers and writers and musicians involved with his musicals not know this was going on?

by Anonymousreply 197Last Thursday at 6:25 PM

[quote]All the stories I've heard about Scott involve abusive behavior, but not sexually abuse or assault. Isn't it odd that a closeted gay man of his age would not use his position in the industry to exploit young, hopefuls?

Umm, I don't how this idea that he is "closeted" has suddenly arisen. As some others have noted, he has a long-term male partner, now his husband, who used to be one of the top theatrical press agents.

[quote]If you make lists of all his films and all his broadway, at the end of the day he has the same track record as many. He just does more and he does it louder. No one talks about "Shuffle Along" or "The Wild Party" or some other huge Broadway flops. It's only Dolly and To Kill a Mockingbird.

Also, apparently, at least some of his Broadway successes are "prestige" hits that actually make little or no money -- partly because he spends so much on them. Wasn't it reported that the Broadway run of HELLO, DOLLY! made only a tiny profit even though it was perceived as a huge hit? Given that bit of info, it's all the more surprising that his epic abuse has been tolerated so long, but he does have some pretty big films to his credit, so I guess that's the reason.

[quote]Rudin has a husband named John Barlow who runs a PR agency.

Used to run. That agency no longer exists, and Barlow is no longer working in PR. As far as I know, he has just been a sort of a house husband for years, though I could be wrong about that, maybe he has some projects I'm unaware of.

[quote]I remember someone hypothesized that Harvey Weinstein's dysfunction came from his desire for this kind of elitist and WASPish prestige which he could not reconcile with his own slovenlyness and inescapable Jewishness

Does that really make any sense? Aren't there still a lot of Jewish power brokers in Hollywood -- and on Broadway, for that matter?

by Anonymousreply 198Last Thursday at 7:27 PM

I can see Sutton bailing from The Music Man.

by Anonymousreply 199Last Thursday at 7:36 PM

R198, there is a belief by some that Hollywood was an expression of Jewish anxiety and even self-hatred. The founders of Hollywood were desperate to be seen as "real" Americans -- the WASP kind, preferably. All the actors had to lose weight, get their noses fixed, and have their names changed to eradicate any suggestion of ethnic identity. All of the early moguls were taunted about their garment industry origins no matter how powerful they became. Louis B. Mayer, I believe, had been a furrier, and Samuel Goldwyn a glove maker, and people loved to remind them of that.

by Anonymousreply 200Last Thursday at 7:43 PM

As we've learned, even fucking and marrying the underage daughter of your girlfriend like Woody Allen won't keep the most famous, richest and successful actors of all time from working with you for their own personal gain.

by Anonymousreply 201Last Thursday at 7:47 PM

[quote]As if Megan Ellison has any qualifications other than being the daughter of a billionaire to criticize someone who actually earned his own money and success

I don't believe she's judging him on his business acumen or his taste and talent as a producer, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 202Last Thursday at 7:58 PM

R202 oh really you dumb fuck

by Anonymousreply 203Last Thursday at 8:00 PM

Megan Ellison hasn't done anything but written checks for movies that her Dad pays for and has never had to work a day in her life

by Anonymousreply 204Last Thursday at 8:04 PM

R202, so you think Megan Ellison IS judging Rudin on his business acumen and his taste and talent as a producer? If so, you are indeed an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 205Last Thursday at 8:07 PM

Mayer tried to make overtures to Katherine Grayson and when she refused he called her a bitch. She said they never used language like that home and she called him the worst thing she could think of-a pants presser. He then had one of his famous heart attacks.

by Anonymousreply 206Last Thursday at 8:11 PM

R205 maybe you could go back to the counter at the vaginal steam clinic and talk about all those big bad men you've been victimized by

by Anonymousreply 207Last Thursday at 8:12 PM

R205 your use of acumen was insufferable the first of the three times

by Anonymousreply 208Last Thursday at 8:14 PM

NOTHING worse than an idiot in love with a new word

by Anonymousreply 209Last Thursday at 8:17 PM

R207, you are unhinged. I would suggest you go work for Rudin, as you'd probably be like two peas in a pod. But he'll probably never work again.

R208, two times. I'm sorry if BIG WORDS of three syllables intimidate you. P.S. Piss off.

R209, "acumen" is not a new word to me, but it obviously is to you. At least you learned something, if you bothered to look it up.

by Anonymousreply 210Last Thursday at 8:18 PM

R210 lower your dosage queen

by Anonymousreply 211Last Thursday at 8:26 PM

Investors in "Hello, Dolly!" couldn't get in unless they also invested in two other Rudin productions, including that horrible "Glass Menagerie" that pompous director Sam Gold obliterated (and made a living hell for its Laura, Madison Ferris), and not only did the other productions tank, the gold expected from Bette as Dolly never transpired because Rudin spent so much money on advertising and marketing even after the show was pretty much sold out. My producer friends said they'd never work with him again because the return on investment was so low and negligible, and that was before this nasty, overdue article came out.

by Anonymousreply 212Last Friday at 1:45 AM

[quote] even fucking and marrying the underage daughter of your girlfriend like Woody Allen won't keep the most famous, richest and successful actors of all time from working with you for their own personal gain.

but r201 there's no analogy. Woody's "transgressions" were about his [italic]personal[/italic] life, and these Rudin claims are all about his work behavior.

by Anonymousreply 213Last Friday at 3:53 AM

[quote]The gold expected from Bette as Dolly never transpired because Rudin spent so much money on advertising and marketing even after the show was pretty much sold out.

Yeah, those huge ads for DOLLY! that continued to appear even after the show was basically sold out were a HUGE red flag.

by Anonymousreply 214Last Friday at 5:45 AM

He probably had so many insanely priced premium seats that he had to keep advertising it. I bet if you had a lot of money you could get in close to performance date and if the tickets hadn't sold you would just sell them as last minute available house seats.

by Anonymousreply 215Last Friday at 5:51 AM

[quote] As we've learned, even fucking and marrying the underage daughter of your girlfriend like Woody Allen won't keep the most famous, richest and successful actors of all time from working with you for their own personal gain.

For the 800th time, she was an adult.

by Anonymousreply 216Last Friday at 6:07 AM

[quote]For the 800th time, she was an adult.

I hear ya, Woody.

by Anonymousreply 217Last Friday at 6:16 AM

R212 Indeed, made $126 million, and yet investors say they only got a profit of 5%.

Side note, it's estimated Bette was making 100-200 grand a week, based on the differences in returns from weeks she was in to weeks she was out.

Also:

[quote]Investors in Rudin’s shows sign away their right to publicly discuss a show’s finances or say anything that could be construed as negative.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218Last Friday at 6:32 AM

R213 so working with a child molester is fine since it's off the job - GOT IT!

by Anonymousreply 219Last Friday at 6:54 AM

R216 For the 801st time, he molested his daughter Dylan when she was eight years old

by Anonymousreply 220Last Friday at 6:55 AM

No, dear. He didn't. He was accused by an unhinged loon.

by Anonymousreply 221Last Friday at 6:58 AM

R221 You, dear, are a fucking idiot

by Anonymousreply 222Last Friday at 6:59 AM

As if this deranged queen R221 has insight into the private life of Woody Allen

by Anonymousreply 223Last Friday at 7:00 AM

So Woody and Scott worked together?

by Anonymousreply 224Last Friday at 7:03 AM

[quote]For the 801st time, he molested his daughter Dylan when she was eight years old

Not proven, and strongly disputed by another of Mia's hundreds of adopted children: Moses, who was actually present at the scene of the alleged crime and had been charged with keeping a close eye on Dylan, and says it's not possible that such abuse could have happened.

R223, but what's your point, since OF COURSE you have no more knowledge into the private life of Woody Allen than anyone else here?

by Anonymousreply 225Last Friday at 7:03 AM

Let's accuse Woody Allen's daughter of lying and was never molested and get back to the daughter of a billionaire accusing Scott Rudin of being a big meanie!

by Anonymousreply 226Last Friday at 7:09 AM

Honest question, no sarcasm intended: How does the fact that the woman in question is the daughter of a billionaire make her accusations against Scott Rudin less compelling or believable or worthy of interest?

by Anonymousreply 227Last Friday at 7:11 AM

R225 just received his 23 and Me results and found out he's 86% Bitter Queen

by Anonymousreply 228Last Friday at 7:33 AM

R227 are you the one posting ten "Eldergays, tell me about..." threads a day and need Every. Little. Thing. Explained.

by Anonymousreply 229Last Friday at 7:42 AM

Can the Woody/Dylan obsessives please go to one of those (many) threads.

Meanwhile, back here at home, Radar claiming Hugh Jackman contemplating pulling out of Music Man. I can't believe this is any way true, but stranger things have happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230Last Friday at 8:45 AM

[quote]Are you the one posting ten "Eldergays, tell me about..." threads a day and need Every. Little. Thing. Explained.

No, I'm not that person, but again, I don't understand why the fact that a woman comes from money has any bearing on her accusations against Scott Rudin, since the accusations have NOTHING to do with how Rudin earned his money. Unless you can explain this to me, I'm gonna guess that you don't understand it, either.

R230, my personal opinion is that Jackman should not bow to pressure to pull out of THE MUSIC MAN just because Rudin has been publicly revealed as a monster. If I were him, I'd issue a statement along the lines of, "I find Mr. Rudin's behavior reprehensible and abhorrent, but I will continue in THE MUSIC MAN for the sake of the hundreds of other people who will be employed by the production, and for the audiences who would like to see us perform." Maybe Jackman could even make it a condition of his continuing in the show that Rudin would seek professional help, would issue a public apology for his actions, and would make a huge donation to some organization for victims of abuse. All of that said, I wouldn't be surprised if Jackman does quit the show entirely, because that's the environment we're in right now.

Another option: Maybe Rudin could relinquish rights to the show and some other producer(s) could pick up the production as planned? That would neatly solve the problem.

by Anonymousreply 231Last Friday at 9:47 AM

Beetlejuice may yet take revenge on The Music Man.

It's going to be truly pathetic to see Hugh and the other Hollywood stars try and pretend (once again) that they had no idea about things that have been widely known for years.

Also, the closet case who's friends with Ivanka and Jared can go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 232Last Friday at 10:09 AM

And there's more...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233Last Friday at 10:28 AM

People have refused to work with people who they have found to be reprehensible. There are other producers who would be more than happy to produce The Music Man with Hugh Jackman. I'd say being physically violent with people to the point of physical injury or trauma is not much different than sexual assault.

by Anonymousreply 234Last Friday at 12:29 PM

Remember when we let Jerry Robbins walk off the stage?

by Anonymousreply 235Last Friday at 12:31 PM

Does Rudin even add much of worth to theatre anymore? Revivals of Hello Dolly, The Music Man and Our Town? He has the taste of an 88 year old elder gay.

by Anonymousreply 236Last Friday at 12:43 PM

[quote] Another option: Maybe Rudin could relinquish rights to the show and some other producer(s) could pick up the production as planned? That would neatly solve the problem.

Barry Diller, David Geffen and several others are already involved as co-producers. The worst that will happen is that Rudin steps back from any public participation or public credit but retains his financial participation. Hugh Jackman in The Music Man? The show must go on!

by Anonymousreply 237Last Friday at 1:28 PM

Did anyone else think this thread would be one that the 2015 troll bumped? I mean everyone knows Rudin is just downright awful.

by Anonymousreply 238Last Friday at 2:09 PM

Is somebody like Rudin even necessary to do revivals of shows that were huge successes decades and decades ago? I mean this is not some unique talent bringing great new works to the stage. What makes him so special?

by Anonymousreply 239Last Friday at 2:16 PM

R231 you're too verbose

by Anonymousreply 240Last Friday at 2:39 PM

OH NO, NOT HUGH JACKMAN!!!

What ever will multi-zillionaire Scott Rudin do....

by Anonymousreply 241Last Friday at 2:43 PM

R231 No cares if you understand and no one cares to explain everything to you, Lil Ms. Contrarian

by Anonymousreply 242Last Friday at 2:46 PM

Is it me or has this threat of Music Man been going on for a decade now? Or does it just feel that way?

by Anonymousreply 243Last Friday at 2:47 PM

It feels like it was just revived 3 years ago. We can't escape it. And I love the show as much as anyone. It's become like Gypsy. Please God stop these people!

by Anonymousreply 244Last Friday at 2:51 PM

"Music Man" tickets went on sale in fall 2019. The currently scheduled opening night is winter 2022.

by Anonymousreply 245Last Friday at 2:54 PM

Hugh Jackman is the human embodiment of a yawn

by Anonymousreply 246Last Friday at 3:05 PM

It's not a good role for Hugh Jackman. He should use this as his excuse to dump the whole damned thing.

Run, Hugh. Run!

by Anonymousreply 247Last Friday at 3:38 PM

How does Hugh look in a jockstrap

by Anonymousreply 248Last Friday at 4:34 PM

[quote] Is somebody like Rudin even necessary to do revivals of shows that were huge successes decades and decades ago? I mean this is not some unique talent bringing great new works to the stage. What makes him so special?

Look at this IMDB page and you'll find out why this is a big deal. Rudin produced and produces some of the hottest films in the business. His clout as a producer is way bigger than his theater projects on broadway

by Anonymousreply 249Last Friday at 5:47 PM

[quote][R231] you're too verbose

R240, you're too obtuse, My post consisted of one fairly long paragraph and two very short ones. Sorry to tax your brain cells.

R242, among other signs of how dim you are, you obviously have no idea what the word "contrarian" means.

by Anonymousreply 250Last Friday at 6:24 PM

So--the old gash Rudin is finally being exposed and even, for the first time, facing at least some accountability for her cunt bahavior. Sure took long enough.

Oh, by the way--her Mary apologists on this thread are HILARIOUS!

by Anonymousreply 251Last Friday at 7:12 PM

R250 desperately needs someone to talk to

by Anonymousreply 252Last Friday at 9:13 PM

R202 Fuck, Winter 2022. They are sure being optimistic.

by Anonymousreply 253Yesterday at 2:09 AM

If Ellen DeGeneres can be canceled for being "mean" then it's more than past due for this shitbag to GTFO. What's with the double standard?

by Anonymousreply 254Yesterday at 3:26 AM

Except that Degeneres wasn't cancelled. The cunt is still on the air.

by Anonymousreply 255Yesterday at 3:28 AM

About ten years ago an insider in the biz was talking about a crazy Faye story that was then in the gossip news, and she laughed and said Hollywood liked to scapegoat Faye because of her chemical imbalances, but it's really just a 'look over here at the crazy lady' to distract from the male monsters all over the industry.' in the industry

Never gave it credence or really thought about it, but now in the last few years with the culture changing and the many stories that have toppled so many former 'untouchables', I wonder...

by Anonymousreply 256Yesterday at 3:56 AM

I think there's enough psychotic, entitled, toxic behavior to go around. Faye is a crazy nightmare, and so is Rudin. Rudin has more power, sure--but would YOU wanna be Dunaway's assistant?

by Anonymousreply 257Yesterday at 4:01 AM

Hell no,

but that wasn't her point. It was a much longer discussion.

She said everything that Faye's reported doing, with the exception of throwing piss on Polanski, she's heard stories or witnessed men doing the same thing.

They report it on Faye gleefully. Silent on the others.

by Anonymousreply 258Yesterday at 4:07 AM

Because she has no power, R258. She doesn't produce. She's useless at the box office. She's an easy target.

You go after Rudin, there are consequences.

by Anonymousreply 259Yesterday at 4:08 AM

THAT was her point

scapegoat

by Anonymousreply 260Yesterday at 4:12 AM

The point is about power. A real equivalence would be Degeneres and Rudin.

by Anonymousreply 261Yesterday at 4:14 AM

Rudin versus Weinstein. Who would win a fist fight?

I remember reading about Weinstein that, despite his reputation, he could be loyal and generous to those he favored.

Are there any positive Rudin stories? I tend to think someone that bad, can't be ALL that bad. Or are there people so relentlessly awful that they are exactly that ... relentlessly awful?

by Anonymousreply 262Yesterday at 4:33 AM

"...relentlessly awful..." lacks any specificity. It tells us only someone's opinion of the guy, but nothing about Rudin.

Rudin is narcissistic. He is emotionally volatile and can explode into a narcissistic rage at any moment. He strives for attention on the world stage, but all the attention the world can give him will never be enough to fill the hole in his broken psyche.

Weinstein, Rudin, Trump. They're all a variation on the same broken narcissistic person. They enjoy inflicting pain. They enjoy watching others suffer. It gives them a sense that they are better and stronger and right. They always feel in the moment that they are right, no matter that they may hold an entirely different opinion on the same matter 15 minutes later. They're right then, too. Always right. And always controlling everything around them. And if you challenge that, even in ways that might be imperceptible to anyone else in the room, they will explode and try to destroy you.

by Anonymousreply 263Yesterday at 4:45 AM

[quote] He has the taste of an 88 year old elder gay.

r236 which is the basic Broadway audience

by Anonymousreply 264Yesterday at 5:48 AM

Will this at least impact his ability to find assistants and staff? For anyone who Googles him now, I presume this is the first thing that will pop up. In fact, I suggest we all Google him and click on this story so the algorithms keep it at the top of the results.

by Anonymousreply 265Yesterday at 5:49 AM

That, R264, and middlebrow tourists and their kiddies.

by Anonymousreply 266Yesterday at 5:53 AM

R265 I agree, but what’s weird was the mention of certain NYU’s programs that are direct feeders to supplying staff for him. They obviously know and keep sending sacrificial lambs to him and are not protecting their graduates in any way. Many school theater programs have very strong alumni networks, it’s one of the reasons to go to certain schools like Yale, NYU or CMU- it can’t be an unknown factor to the faculty or graduates.

by Anonymousreply 267Yesterday at 6:05 AM

Most of show biz is like Rudin's office, but just a wee bit less extreme, to one degree or another.

Some do it with rage. Others do it with utter contempt and disrespect for those around them. It's a business filled with broken people. There are some great folks, but it's a cold business.

by Anonymousreply 268Yesterday at 6:15 AM

Rudin is working masterfully right now behind the scenes to kill this story by making sure no one of any stature comments. And he is succeeding. He's leading two of the biggest shows on Broadway right now -- Mockingbird and Morman -- with Music Man on deck. He's not going anywhere, because he's made too much money for the theatre owners. That's the reality. The only question is whether all the minions in Hollywood and Broadway can keep up the social media nudging to make it really uncomfortable for everyone involved in all his shows. Not sure they have the strength.

by Anonymousreply 269Yesterday at 7:49 AM

if there were video and audio of Rudin abusing people that would circulate quickly on social media and would be the only thing that would make this stick

by Anonymousreply 270Yesterday at 8:04 AM

[quote] Rudin is working masterfully right now behind the scenes to kill this story by making sure no one of any stature comments.

r269 what do you actually know, or is that your theory? What does that work actually comprise?

by Anonymousreply 271Yesterday at 8:10 AM

r271 = Barry Diller.

by Anonymousreply 272a day ago

[quote]Rudin is working masterfully right now behind the scenes to kill this story by making sure no one of any stature comments. And he is succeeding.

No, he is not succeeding. The story is EVERYWHERE. And it's not surprising that "no one of any stature" would comment, seeing as how I'm sure those people rarely if ever see Rudin in action at his worst.

[quote]He's leading two of the biggest shows on Broadway right now -- Mockingbird and Morman -- with Music Man on deck. He's not going anywhere, because he's made too much money for the theatre owners. That's the reality. T

I would think the least that will happen is that he'll have to remove himself from daily physical interaction with others in an office environment. He MIGHT be able to stay on as producer of THE MUSIC MAN and other shows if he would agree to that.

by Anonymousreply 273a day ago

The silence has spoken. Nothing from The Shuberts. Nothing from Hugh Jackman, Sutton Foster, Jeff Daniels, Laurie Metcalf, and the writers of "South Park." Even the uber-woke cast of West Side Story is absolutely silent. He's got to be laughing his ass off.

by Anonymousreply 274a day ago

R269 How can he “kill” a story that’s already been published?

by Anonymousreply 275a day ago

R274, silence does speak. It means that no one will defend him.

by Anonymousreply 276a day ago

Scott Rudin was tolerated as long as he wasn’t a liability. In show business, that means money. Harvey Weinstein was thrown to the wolves when his films could no longer make money or win awards (Tulip Fever killed his career as much as Ronan Farrow). For Rudin, it appears his massive overspending on Hello Dolly rendered him expendable.

by Anonymousreply 277a day ago

In Broadway and Hollywood, silence equals, "we may not like it, but we're not stopping it. " Rudin will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 278a day ago

After DOLLY, Rudin produced Mockingbird, a play that was doing the numbers of a major hit musical. All was forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 279a day ago

Don't count on that, R278/R279.

by Anonymousreply 280a day ago

[quote]The silence has spoken. Nothing from The Shuberts. Nothing from Hugh Jackman, Sutton Foster, Jeff Daniels, Laurie Metcalf, and the writers of "South Park." Even the uber-woke cast of West Side Story is absolutely silent. He's got to be laughing his ass off.

R274 must be either a member of Rudin's crisis PR team or one of his assistants posting from a hospital with a shattered hand but also with a big, fat check of hush money in his pocket.

[quote]Silence does speak. It means that no one will defend him.

Exactly.

[quote]In Broadway and Hollywood, silence equals, "we may not like it, but we're not stopping it. " Rudin will be fine.

No, he won't.

[quote]For Rudin, it appears his massive overspending on Hello Dolly rendered him expendable.

His overspending, plus the fact that apparently he wasn't paying some of the people who worked for him, including ad agencies. That little bit of info came out in the press many months ago.

by Anonymousreply 281a day ago

SCOTT RUDIN IN MY HERO!!!

by Anonymousreply 28221 hours ago

This is a non-story. Apparently EVERYONE who went to work for him knew what they were getting into and rolled the dice anyway.

by Anonymousreply 28321 hours ago

Rudin's minions have to work overtime on Datalounge this weekend. Guys, just get a better job!

by Anonymousreply 28421 hours ago

R284 get a life loser

by Anonymousreply 28521 hours ago

So, when one runs into a certain crisis you hire a completely different PR team from the one you already have? There are ones that specialize in this?

by Anonymousreply 28621 hours ago

R286 It can either a division of a large PR agency, or in some cases yes an agency dedicated to crisis PR. After all, it does take a different set of skills from your usual PR stuff.

by Anonymousreply 28721 hours ago

You would think having the troubled past like that Rudin would have hired a PR firm that could handle all of it?

by Anonymousreply 28821 hours ago

What troubled past? This is the first time his actions have come back to haunt him.

by Anonymousreply 28921 hours ago

He’s known what he’s been doing to these people for decades and that it’s going to come home to roost at some point. It would have been smart to have an all purpose PR team in place already who could handle it.

by Anonymousreply 29020 hours ago

I disagree. First, because he's a narcissist and likely thinks he's untouchable. But also because none of this has been a secret. This isn't like Weinstein where everyone knew something was going on but not how bad it was. Stories about how awful Rudin is have been swapped for so long and nothing happened, short of him telling people which awful stories they were allowed to tell the WSJ. Hell, he probably thought the stories boosted his reputation.

by Anonymousreply 29120 hours ago

RUDIN 4 PREZ

by Anonymousreply 29220 hours ago

R285, you're the loser--defending a cunt like Rudin as a job. Poor pathetic you.

by Anonymousreply 29320 hours ago

He has hired/fired/re-hired a LOT of ad agencies and press people. It would be interesting if they all banded together at this moment.

by Anonymousreply 29420 hours ago

No, R286, Rudin just uses his sad minions like the one at R285. You can hear the bitterness in self-loathing.

by Anonymousreply 29520 hours ago

The most ridiculous thing is how desperate does cunt Rudin have to be to resort to having his slaves here on a gay site actually attempting to aggressively defend him? Jesus Fuckiing Christ--wouldn't you just kill yourself if THAT was your job?

by Anonymousreply 29620 hours ago

R296 You say that like DL doesn't have its own share of contrarian cunts who'll defend any asshole for free.

by Anonymousreply 29720 hours ago

R297, it's the way R285 lashed out--as if this were personal to her. Maybe it's Cunt Rudin herself!

by Anonymousreply 29820 hours ago

RUDIN IS LIFE

by Anonymousreply 29920 hours ago

Give me liberty, or give me Rudin!

by Anonymousreply 30020 hours ago

ARBECHT MACHT FREI.

by Anonymousreply 30120 hours ago

Megan Ellison is too rich for Rudin to fuck with. She is also a great supporter of gay artists. Rudin is a self loathing classless bully.

by Anonymousreply 30219 hours ago

What are the odds that Rudin knows where at least a couple of the dead fuckbuddy bodies are buried and is confident that Jackman won’t bolt or squeal?

by Anonymousreply 30319 hours ago

WE SEE YOU WHITE BULLYING SCOTT RUDIN!

by Anonymousreply 30418 hours ago

[quote]This is a non-story. Apparently EVERYONE who went to work for him knew what they were getting into and rolled the dice anyway.

Your "logic" stupefies me. Shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 30518 hours ago

The NYTimes will not do a story. He spends too much.

by Anonymousreply 30618 hours ago

It's so beyond stupid how woke the Times is when they will protect abusers and predators for decades and no one calls them on it. In fact they champion them if they have enough success.

This has been going on for many decades. It has to be the most corrupt hypocritical paper in the world.

by Anonymousreply 30717 hours ago

R307, this isn’t a just NY Times problem—every outlet who wrote about Rudin before, including the WSJ, reported abusive behavior by him with a wink and a nod.

by Anonymousreply 30817 hours ago

[quote] This is a non-story. Apparently EVERYONE who went to work for him knew what they were getting into and rolled the dice anyway.

[quote]Your "logic" stupefies me. Shut the fuck up.

No you shut the fuck up. Did you read the article? Everyone knew and people CHOSE to work for him despite the horror stories. He'd throw something, they'd duck and back to work. They CHOSE to work there.

by Anonymousreply 30917 hours ago

R309, so what? He could have signed waivers from these people saying that they were willing to tolerate physical abuse to get ahead in the industry and it wouldn't matter. The idea that an employer can assault an employee and face no consequences, because that employee is desperate to a have a career, is repulsive and exploitive. It's saying that we should go back to the nineteenth century when employers had no duty whatsoever to their employees.

by Anonymousreply 31016 hours ago

R310, exactly. I hope your point causes R309 to SHUT THE FUCK UP, whereas my post failed to do so :-(

by Anonymousreply 31115 hours ago

R308. The Times does this all the time with people with clout and power. They act all liberal and righteous and pedal ideals but they continually protect monsters who would exploit and hurt others.

by Anonymousreply 31214 hours ago

A friend of a friend worked for him back around the time of the behind the scenes drama with The Hours. He said one day Rudin picked up a computer monitor and threw it at someone. This was the bulky computer monitors, not the flat screens. He was told Rudin had thrown a microwave at someone a few months back.

Scott and Harvey really did deserve one another.

by Anonymousreply 31314 hours ago

Rudin is a Juden!

by Anonymousreply 31414 hours ago

If, as Megan Ellison and others suggest, HW Reporter only scratched at the surface of Rudin's abuses, how fucking BAD can they be? Dead boys or live girls bleeding from their rectums with ground glass found in stomach contents?

After so many gone assistants in the triple digits, I can't help but wonder if Rudin is up for a class action lawsuit with numerous litigants like tobacco industry lawsuit. Coercively applying NDAs won't hold water in such a scenario, will it.

by Anonymousreply 31513 hours ago

Rudin’s producing a new film, it’s called Gone Assistant.

by Anonymousreply 31613 hours ago

Point of law about NDAs: In almost every jurisdiction, no contract (including NDAs) can require you to break the law. That includes requiring you to keep silent about criminal behavior. If they do, they are nonenforceable.

by Anonymousreply 31713 hours ago

^ Actually, in every jurisdiction. No contract can require you to break the law. The contract, or at least those parts of it, are legally invalid and will fail in a court of law.

by Anonymousreply 31813 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!