Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Demi Lovato on DMX overdosing- “IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME!”

I am so sick of her and wish she would disappear. I don’t even know why she’s given so much leverage and importance, she’s barely even had hits!!!

She’s only had 4 songs crack Top 10, with the highest peaking at 6, followed by one at 9, and two at 10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 10, 2021 10:19 PM

Does she have anything else to talk about than her struggles and trauma? Fucking speak with your therapist and leave the rest of us out of it.

She has turned this into her image and brand and it's not good.

People only have so much empathy for the wealthy, famous rich people. She has had it better than most people - fucking show some gratitude of what you do have.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2021 2:31 PM

I could have saved him had I been there!

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2021 2:33 PM

What a crackhead 🙄

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 2:34 PM

It could have been.

However, not your story you thirsty attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 2:34 PM

I agree with OP, she's had ZERO big hits. Her voice and constant screaming are painful to listen to. It's truly amazing how strong her Disney fanbase is. These kids grew up watching crap like American Idol so they think oversinging equals good music.

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 2:36 PM

I gotta give it to her. Her looks always make me laugh! A pound of bad makeup & unflattering hair... every single time.

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 2:39 PM

Overdose. Rehab. Come back appearance at Awards Show. Goes onto hiding. Overdose. Rehab. ... (you get the idea)

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 2:40 PM

she's as thirsty and desperate as Rose McGowan. Anything she can make about herself - including someone else's tragedy - she'll sign up for. I'm surprised she hasn't gone trans yet. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 2:40 PM

She looks like a thumb in pic at OP.

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2021 2:41 PM

No wonder she has always been a C+ Or B list singer. A basic woman and singer. Everything about her is mediocre: her look, her voice, her songs. Everything else is a mess. She needs to STFU as nobody cares about her life

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2021 2:43 PM

She dated Joe Jonas when they were tweens, and for that I'm jealous. Do you think they fucked though?

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2021 2:43 PM

She makes things about her more than any other celebrity. It's really sorta amazing.

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2021 2:44 PM

R6 She's starting to look like a fat, Mexican Liza!

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2021 2:45 PM

The problem with airing your issues and problems in public is that, at a certain point, people will think you're the cause and responsible for all of them and will stop caring.

Her agent and PR person needs to sit her down and tell her to focus on her career and to kindly shut the fuck up.

Don't participate in your own negative press and don't throw yourself into stories like this and make it about yourself. This is basic media training.

The reality is - she's a middling pop singer and a dime a dozen. There are plenty around to take your place. Go do something good for the world and stop navel-gazing and feeling sorry for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2021 2:47 PM

Oh honey, “wear your sobriety like a loose fitting garment”

‘Cause you FAT.

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2021 2:54 PM

Too bad is WASN'T HER.

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2021 3:01 PM

Tragedy: Demi- how can I make this about me?

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2021 3:02 PM

Blend. Blend.

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2021 3:04 PM

R9 a thumb! OMG! Datalounge gold.

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2021 3:07 PM

I have been coming to datalounge since 2003. Pointless Bitchery used to be witty and fun. Now it's just hateful cuntiness. Whether you like it or not, she has a following and appears to be trying to tell a cautionary tale. Is she overdoing it? Maybe. But that appears to be part of her nature. She is young and surrounded by ass kissers and enablers. Good for her for at least trying.

by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2021 3:07 PM

Poor dear. Poor, poor dear...

by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2021 3:15 PM

Of all the threads, of all the trolls and rightwingers and homophobes and morons around here, you're choosing THIS thread to complain about?

Demi is the ne plus ultra of attention whore frauen. She's a bargain basement Gwynneth, selling trashy tattoos and overdoses instead of vagina candles and fake medicinal products. She's exactly who we always bitch about on Datalounge. These are some of the last of the old school DL threads we still have around here, and you're going to complain about it. Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 22April 7, 2021 3:15 PM

Her, Selena and Miley all came at the same time. Selena and Miley both are A List and have had hits.

This broad has had a few minor hits and that’s it. Her singles and albums have done the worst of the 3.

by Anonymousreply 23April 7, 2021 3:18 PM

She looks like a rough Mexican dyke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 7, 2021 3:25 PM

It's incredibly off-putting when someone takes another person's tragedy and makes it all about themselves. Totally understandable why everyone here dislikes her.

by Anonymousreply 25April 7, 2021 3:27 PM

Isn't there a daytime talk show that can absorb this gal?

by Anonymousreply 26April 7, 2021 3:27 PM

I’ll have ten years sober in September, and the issue with celebs touting sobriety is that when they do finally relapse they have the money, support and resources on the other side of it to shore up their lives.

Most addicts and alcoholics don’t.

by Anonymousreply 27April 7, 2021 3:44 PM

She's transitioning to FTM so be on the lookout.

by Anonymousreply 28April 7, 2021 3:51 PM

[quote] I am so sick of her and wish she would disappear

then stop giving her attention. by posting you just boosted this story

by Anonymousreply 29April 7, 2021 3:54 PM

She’s annoying

by Anonymousreply 30April 8, 2021 3:34 AM

And yet, people forget that I Was Molested.

by Anonymousreply 31April 8, 2021 3:49 AM

I love Pootie Lovato The Input Hoe

by Anonymousreply 32April 8, 2021 4:00 AM

Why not both?

by Anonymousreply 33April 8, 2021 4:00 AM

*shaves head and relapses* “YOU STILL ARENT LOOKING!” 🤡

by Anonymousreply 34April 8, 2021 4:06 AM

Six isn’t even dead yet so wasn’t this pretty much her last year?

by Anonymousreply 35April 8, 2021 4:10 AM

Such an attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 36April 8, 2021 4:29 AM

Fat tranny be gone!

by Anonymousreply 37April 8, 2021 5:52 AM

R35 Who Six and why you wish them dead?

by Anonymousreply 38April 8, 2021 6:02 AM

She misspelled “should.”

by Anonymousreply 39April 8, 2021 6:08 AM

Who Shoukd and why they wish them dead?

by Anonymousreply 40April 8, 2021 6:17 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 8, 2021 6:43 AM

this person needs to go away for about 18 months then come back and post some very calm posts about how she has found herself and cleansed her life. her constant posts for fame at the cost of other people's problems are exhausting, as is her constant need to put herself out there as someone who champions life-existential ending drama (drugs or sexually identifying type).

Please take yourself away from media for awhile. we don't want you dead, we just want you to stop drawing attention to yourself. all. the. time.

by Anonymousreply 42April 8, 2021 7:10 AM

She doesn’t suffer from survivor’s guilt. She suffers from a discrepancy between ego and talent. When did wealthy people whining become so popular ? The amount of idiots who lap up the narcissism and call them brave for speaking out is sad.

The whole celebrity thing should be over by now. Most of the contemporary ones produce so little of any worth. Hence all the thirst and posturing. Wastes of space and time.

by Anonymousreply 43April 8, 2021 8:12 AM

Boy George did the same “contouring” illusion with his double chin. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 44April 8, 2021 10:36 AM

She’s a piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 45April 9, 2021 2:06 PM

Has anyone checked on Demi about Prince Philip’s death? I’m sure she has some important words she would like to over share.

by Anonymousreply 46April 9, 2021 2:17 PM

Oh my god, like, that literally, like, could have been me.

by Anonymousreply 47April 9, 2021 2:24 PM

Looks like she’s been OD’ing on food.

by Anonymousreply 48April 9, 2021 2:29 PM

I don't think I've ever heard this girl talk about anything other than rape, drugs, alcohol, rehab, overdoses, abuse and mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 49April 9, 2021 2:31 PM

R49 She really does need some more standard hobbies.

by Anonymousreply 50April 9, 2021 2:33 PM

*in mocky voice* It could have been me! 🙍🏻

by Anonymousreply 51April 9, 2021 2:53 PM

Oh come on R20, R9 was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 52April 9, 2021 3:00 PM

DMX is dead now, so let’s talk about me again. Thnx!

by Anonymousreply 53April 9, 2021 4:37 PM

Will Demi be screeching at the funeral since they were so close?

by Anonymousreply 54April 9, 2021 4:40 PM

Well...one day, it will be you, Demi @R47. It happens to all of us sooner or later, doesn't make us special.

by Anonymousreply 55April 9, 2021 4:44 PM

R55 That’s right! Accidents happen! 😈

by Anonymousreply 56April 9, 2021 4:46 PM

Will this trigger Demi to use again? Can her sponsor reach out to her and check in?

by Anonymousreply 57April 9, 2021 4:47 PM

And we wish it would have been

by Anonymousreply 58April 9, 2021 4:53 PM

Well, the good news is he didn’t die from a drive by shooting.

by Anonymousreply 59April 9, 2021 4:55 PM

[Quote] Her, Selena and Miley all came at the same time. Selena and Miley both are A List and have had hits.

Maybe so, but at least Demi has a voice. Selena is mainly known for who she dates and has Charli XCX singing her songs.

by Anonymousreply 60April 10, 2021 6:42 AM

R23, Miley actually has talent, a personality, and even if she's not my thing, a point of view.

Selena is the Rihanna of her generation. She picks the BEST songs (or her team does) and knows to stay in her lane.

Demi thinks she's WAY more talented than she is. She ain't Gaga, Taylor, Bey, or Adele. She needs to quit talking about her damn addiction and pick a banger.

by Anonymousreply 61April 10, 2021 7:41 AM

Why does she look like a gingerbread man in that picture?

by Anonymousreply 62April 10, 2021 7:53 AM

R62 Because she visited the Candy Man?

by Anonymousreply 63April 10, 2021 8:16 AM

She’s an annoying bitch

by Anonymousreply 64April 10, 2021 1:57 PM

Demi Lovato on Prince Philip: "It could have been me!"

Demi Lovato on the St. Vincent volcano: "It could have been me!"

Demi Lovato on Chrissy Metz's snack purse: "It could have been me!"

by Anonymousreply 65April 10, 2021 1:59 PM

Demi Lovato on St. Vincent on SNL last weekend: “It could have been me!”

by Anonymousreply 66April 10, 2021 2:30 PM

What vegetative half dead celebrity will she glom onto this week? Is ONJ ever going down hill?

by Anonymousreply 67April 10, 2021 2:31 PM

I feel a little bad that she's getting so much flack for this when she just giving an honest answer to a question that was asked of her. The cunts at TMZ set her up, and she was too dim to realize it and took the bait.

by Anonymousreply 68April 10, 2021 4:28 PM

If she was trusting TMZ not to set her up then she has more brain damage than previously reported.

by Anonymousreply 69April 10, 2021 4:35 PM

She has the hardest-working PR in show business. I hear more about this bitch than I do all 28 of the Kardashians put together.

by Anonymousreply 70April 10, 2021 4:45 PM

[quote] Selena is the Rihanna of her generation.

No--Rihanna is the Rihanna of her generation. But agree with everything else you said.

by Anonymousreply 71April 10, 2021 5:04 PM

Demi's new album just outsold the most recent albums by Dua Lipa, Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus in the first week. She must be doing something right.

by Anonymousreply 72April 10, 2021 5:46 PM

Good more drug money

by Anonymousreply 73April 10, 2021 8:13 PM

R72, constantly promoting herself as the Queen of the O.D. seems to be working. At least for people in Generation Z.

by Anonymousreply 74April 10, 2021 8:16 PM

When she ods for the last time her music will be even more celebrated

by Anonymousreply 75April 10, 2021 8:19 PM

R75, in that case, let's hope she lives a long, long time.

by Anonymousreply 76April 10, 2021 8:20 PM

[quote]The cunts at TMZ set her up, and she was too dim to realize it and took the bait.

She was already dim, and now she has brain damage on top of it. So expect a lot more of this.

by Anonymousreply 77April 10, 2021 8:36 PM

Demi Lovato and Meghan Markle are in a race to see who can make every every issue about MEEEEEEE!!

by Anonymousreply 78April 10, 2021 9:39 PM

Jesus Christ, I don't even know who DMX is; however, he died. He's gone. So Lovato, STFU. Offer your condolences if--and only if--you were close enough to him or his family to say anything. Otherwise STFU. The guy died. It's not about you. Besides, you die just about every other month and yet you still keep coming back. Go away. Give everyone a break.

by Anonymousreply 79April 10, 2021 9:43 PM

Susan Dey has the right approach. She says nothing.

by Anonymousreply 80April 10, 2021 9:44 PM

So along with being "queer", she could also be a 50 year old black man? Well then....

by Anonymousreply 81April 10, 2021 9:45 PM

Lovato has a hand and neck tattoo. Spare us all, please.

by Anonymousreply 82April 10, 2021 9:48 PM

Did you see how she horned herself into that Gladd media awards tribute to Naya Rivera, making herself the important part of the introduction and how her character dated Naya’s for months. Her avatar must be a vulture picking apart the bones of the dying and dead.

by Anonymousreply 83April 10, 2021 9:49 PM

R83, that's the way to be a D-list celeb--insert yourself into other peoples' business. Demi is an expert on that. On DL, people have said groups of men have "inserted" themselves into her as well.

by Anonymousreply 84April 10, 2021 9:51 PM

"It could have been me too!"

by Anonymousreply 85April 10, 2021 9:53 PM

Reminds me of a song I heard...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 10, 2021 9:53 PM

[quote]that's the way to be a D-list celeb--insert yourself into other peoples' business.

Oh, hi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 10, 2021 10:02 PM

So damn dangerous being a public poster child for addiction/recovery. I've been sober 30 years and NEVER talk about it because it's a private thing and all that counts is not slipping (easier as time goes by but never out of the question). Remember how Carrie Fisher, much as I loved her, was the poster child for this stuff -- and never could stay clean longer than a couple of years at a time. Even "Wishful Drinking" was performed while talking oxy. Best to shut up. Period.

by Anonymousreply 88April 10, 2021 10:02 PM

R79 did you watch the clip? The sleazy TMZ interviewer literally asked her upfront if the news about DMX scared her, and if she saw any parallels with her own life.

If the poor girl was a little more sharp/savvy, she would've recognized she was being set up and just said "Like everyone else, I was in shock at the news. My thoughts and prayers are with his family."

But she isn't and actually gave direct answers, which TMZ then used to create a clickbait headline.

by Anonymousreply 89April 10, 2021 10:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!