Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A paper cowboy rides out his quarantine in Australian hotel

By Day 3 of being confined to his Australian hotel room for quarantine, David Marriott was getting bored. He'd watched a few seasons of “The Sopranos” and his eyes were getting tired from reading.

Then his lunch arrived in a brown paper bowl and he thought “Aha. That's a hat waiting to happen.”

The paper cowboy was born.

Using the good quality paper bags his food was delivered in each day, Marriott, an art director on TV commercials, began fashioning an outfit. He added a brim to his hat, and then came the waistcoat and chaps. Next? A horse, of course.

More at link including 5 more pictures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2021 5:37 PM

The asshole on the horse is a little disturbing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2021 2:21 PM

I don't know how people get through the 14 days.

Apparently, there have been a number of suicides but they remain unreported by the media.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2021 2:30 PM

At least they provided him with a balcony to jump off of if the desire hit him.

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 2:33 PM

[quote]I don't know how people get through the 14 days.

I don't get how 14 days is such a big deal with phones, internet, video chat, streaming movies, books online, and our beloved DL.

It's one thing if you miss something like going to the hospital to be with a dying family member or other tragedy. But, if sitting in a hotel room causes you that much anxiety, you have a lot of other problems.

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 2:38 PM

Agreed, r4. I think the suicide horseshit is mostly a right-wing talking point meant to persuade people that following covid precautions and protocols is more dangerous than observing them.

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 2:43 PM

Has anyone had to do this? Like R4 said, I don't think boredom would be a problem for me, but I wonder about the cost? Do they have to pay for the hotel?

Even a cheap Mariott for two weeks is going to be at least $1400-$1600. Not a fortune but just seems like such a waste of money.

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 2:48 PM

Too bad Chrissy Metz wasn't there...they could have had the whole ranch.

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 2:51 PM

Very creative!

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 3:02 PM

That is very clever. That's making good use of time...maybe discovering an artistic hidden talent you never knew about.

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2021 3:31 PM

"I don't know how people get through the 14 days."

hmmmmm......

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2021 4:01 PM

14 days?? That's nothing!

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2021 4:16 PM

But I can't play contact sports with my friends!

14 days without contact sports is like having teeth pulled without anesthetic!

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2021 5:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!