Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Howard Stern Show - 2

Continue your discussion of the Sirius/XM show, Howard, Robin, the staff, Wack Pack and more...

by Anonymousreply 364August 12, 2022 10:09 AM

Why?

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2021 9:19 AM

Once again Ronnie was on today talking about pumping off in Stephanie's "ass treeks."

Why doesn't Sirius just go ahead and rename it The Ronnie Mund Show and get it over with?

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2021 5:44 PM

Anyone remember Benjy's old girlfriend Elisa Jordana? That was back in the mid-2000's I think. Someone on a Howard message board dropped the news that she recently got engaged to..... ANDY DICK!

I didn't use to think that she hung around with Benjy to get on the show - I thought that Benjy was smitten with her and she just went along cause she was too nice to tell Meatball Eyes to bug off, and like HIS attention. Now with this Andy news, I wonder where this chicks head is at. What woman would want to get hitched the train wreck that is Andy.

by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2021 12:13 AM

and Elisa liked HIS attention.

by Anonymousreply 4April 9, 2021 12:22 AM

Ugh, I remember all the time the show dedicated to all the Benjy and Elisa drama.

by Anonymousreply 5April 9, 2021 10:21 AM

Diary of a D-List Star Fucker

by Anonymousreply 6April 9, 2021 10:26 AM

Ronnie haters alert! The big event for today is Ronnie is going to be hypnotized. They already did the hypnotism thing a few years ago, and I already know it will be a repeat of asking Ronnie all kinds of sexual questions. Good day to skip listening.

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2021 4:56 PM

Why did Sirius bother re-signing Stern?

They could have gotten Ronnie at a much cheaper price.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2021 6:19 PM

They should get Tan Mom to host.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2021 6:39 PM

The hypnotism bit is fake and Ronnies acting is the worst. I miss the old days when Howard didn’t want to be A list and he just let the back office fights unfold on air.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2021 11:47 PM

I think part of the issue is COVID and everyone being remote. When they were all working in the same offices, probably cramped in together the fights were inevitable and of course show drama made good radio. All of that is gone now, and the little bit there is comes off as staged. I know Howard thinks he’s never going back to SiriusXM offices again, but it’s a huge mistake. He needs that for the show to work.

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2021 1:20 AM

Tasteful friends — Ronnie’s house can be all yours.

**Dildos not included**

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2021 6:09 PM

$900K for that shithole?

by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2021 6:35 PM

It looks exactly like I thought it would.

by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2021 7:02 PM

here's more of the inside

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2021 9:04 PM

Real estate prices are fucking out of control.

by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2021 9:05 PM

Are you sure that's Ronnie's house? Where are all of his Nascar souvenirs and shit? That den has nothing remotely dedicated to car racing.

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2021 10:19 PM

[quote]Why did Sirius bother re-signing Stern?

For Trump. He’ll be on soon.

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2021 10:35 PM

This Trump on Howard troll is a complete nutcase. Let's put aside bashing the insane theory that Trump will soon "call into the show" and that Howard would support it, even though it's beyond ridiculous. Just for the sake of argument, assume this could happen.

So according to this wack job, Sirius is willing to pay almost half a billion dollars for this? How would that possibly make sense ( this is a rhetorical question, although I do expect some sort of inane answer).

The reason SiriusXM signed and continues to pay Howard and his team huge bucks is because he is extremely successful and has millions of daily listeners on his channels. He's a one of a kind, extremely talented and brilliant broadcaster, and the show remains great even with the studio closed for Covid. Despite the numerous haters and online trolls, many of whom populate this thread, the great majority of listeners love Howard and the show and consider it a blessing that it is still on the air. This will never be properly reflected in this thread or online comments because there is a very active online minority of haters and former listeners who feel betrayed by or disbelieve Howard's growth and evolution. They are so obsessed with their perspective that they can't accept that most people don't agree with them and actually love the show, and they also hate that Howard really doesn't care what they think. Thus they invent insane theories to support their delusions, i.e. Trump is the reason Howard was signed.

The proof however is in the pudding, which is listeners, and this and only this is why Howard gets and will continue to the big bucks and mega star treatment from SiriusXM as long as he's willing to remain on the air.

by Anonymousreply 19April 16, 2021 8:36 AM

How was yesterday's show?

Ronnie?

Pens???

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2021 10:08 AM

In your dissertation, R19–you didn’t defend why Howard is going to have Trump back on his show. Maybe “one of a kind, extremely talented and brilliant broadcaster” is your answer. When he returns, I look forward to the mental gymnastics.

by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2021 12:46 PM

[quote]Despite the numerous haters and online trolls, many of whom populate this thread

I’m not a “hater”. The only “hater” is you with your incessant name calling.

by Anonymousreply 22April 16, 2021 12:53 PM

[quote] How was yesterday's show?

Don't you know, Howard does only 3 shows per week. And he takes two weeks vacations every three.

by Anonymousreply 23April 16, 2021 4:19 PM

His new contract gives him even more vacation time.

by Anonymousreply 24April 16, 2021 4:43 PM

Mara Lago vacations.

by Anonymousreply 25April 16, 2021 4:45 PM

Howard Stern Show gender swap (from the subbreddit)

Howard / Robin / Fred

Gary / Artie / Jackie

Stuttering John / Sal / Richard

JD / Ronnie / Shuli

Will / Jason / Benjy

Jon / Scott the Engineer / KC

Memet / Steve Nowicki / Steve Brandano

Beth / Chris / Ralph

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 16, 2021 9:58 PM

First up this morning...

RONNIE AND STEPHANIE

by Anonymousreply 27April 21, 2021 11:32 AM

Yesterday’s conversation about circumcision was interesting. Chris Wilding and Fred Norris are uncut. Howard and Ronnie being Jewish are cut. Surprisingly Howard who considers circumcision barbaric, when the question that around was “Would you have your baby son circumcised?”, Howard said that he would. Usual horror stories of a adult circumcision being needed because of other health problems an uncut man might experience. Chris Wilding is cute and slightly slutty which is sexy. Memet is a mess and probably a closet queen but still hot Steve Nowicki is very handsome, well hung and gets a lot of action. With girls unfortunately

by Anonymousreply 28April 21, 2021 12:27 PM

Why would anyone hate someone whose agent negotiated the sweetest showbiz deal going? He and his staff are off almost half the year and he only works 3 days per week and now it’s down to 3, 3.5 hour shows. He used to do 5 days per week and be on sometimes 6 hours straight. This is American capitalism. Making money when someone’s willing to pay it, go get it.

by Anonymousreply 29April 21, 2021 12:44 PM

On 101 right now...

07 BENJY VS. RONNIE

by Anonymousreply 30April 21, 2021 1:16 PM

Is Ronnie under contract with Sirius? How much does he make?

If he just calls in without getting paid then he's a moron.

The show is pretty much centered around him at this point.

by Anonymousreply 31April 21, 2021 2:16 PM

It's a wrap when a radio host lets his 70 year old security staffer fight on the air for hours about whether his girlfriend eats Froot Loop cereal, which is what went on last month for several days in a row.

I recently dropped my Sirius subscription because it ain't even worth the discounted price of $1.00 a month that Sirius negotiated with me to keep my from dropping out 4 months ago.

by Anonymousreply 32April 21, 2021 7:02 PM

Is he on vacation this week?

by Anonymousreply 33April 21, 2021 9:22 PM

Yes R33, another vacation.

by Anonymousreply 34April 21, 2021 9:32 PM

Right now...

RONNIE'S CORONAVIRUS POEM

by Anonymousreply 35April 22, 2021 3:33 PM

Looks like another morning of The Ronnie Mund Show on Howard 100.

by Anonymousreply 36April 25, 2021 3:55 PM

Where do Howard and Beth vacation?

by Anonymousreply 37April 25, 2021 3:56 PM

I’m amazed the people still listen. You have to really work to even hear him.

by Anonymousreply 38April 25, 2021 3:58 PM

R37, They have a place in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 39April 25, 2021 6:32 PM

Mara Lago?

by Anonymousreply 40April 25, 2021 7:11 PM

I wonder if they caught up with Donald and Melania there.

by Anonymousreply 41April 25, 2021 7:12 PM

Sirius XM sent an offer so cheap it was virtual beggary, so I had the service turned back on in one of my cars. I listen only on longer trips, and rarely. This present day Stern is a real toady and his interviews are embarrassingly fawning. He reminds me of the SNL skit the Chris Farley Show, when Farley would put his hands between his legs, roll forward and giggle nervously in the presence of celebrities.

Poor old Robin Quivers hangs on, really sad and fawning, falsely jovial. Her laugh sounds neurobehavioral, like a tick or nervous reaction. She has tried acting, writing, even an embarrassingly amateurish vegan YouTube series. Her projects always seem to be delivered so painfully, like babies with clamp marks on their heads. Her big talk show was stillborn.

I wonder if Howard’s deal is somehow less money than the amount “leaked” to media outlets. It doesn’t make sense financially. If it is even a fraction of the number implied in the NY Post, it’s still too much. He’s kind of an inert presence, rambling about his painting and cats, hot (almost) model wife and his obsessive diet, journaling, things like that. He’s ok, but not ever actually funny like Larry David.

I do admire his compassion for animals, though. But his impersonations of his elderly parents are beneath even his own dignity. He is so fortunate for their longevity, but still mimics them and grouses about them like a kid but with progeria. Even Margaret Cho stopped that Schtick long ago.

Back in school I used to enjoy listening to his KROC show for Fred Norris’ quick and clever sound effects (he’d play the theme from the Exorcist when Barbara Walters interviewed Ricky Martin, and a progressively loud “pastoral” instrumental over Robin’s news reporting, things like these). I think they’re all phoning it in, literally during this pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 42April 25, 2021 9:26 PM

I love R42 for saying all of the things I've been thinking about the show for a long time, especially Robin. Her autopilot laugh is more sad than engaging. She lost the OFF button for that years ago, and since she doesn't have to do the news anymore, her only function is to bolster Howard's ego with phony chuckles and kissing up.

by Anonymousreply 43April 25, 2021 11:06 PM

Seriously, if it isn't Ronnie taking up 97% of the airtime now then it is Ralph (ugh!) taking up the other 3%

I mean how many fucking times do we have to listen to the Ronnie the Robot unfunny bit? Howard literally has 40 fucking years of show he could air on Howard 101.

by Anonymousreply 44April 26, 2021 3:07 AM

I only listen in my car, which I rarely use since I’m working from home. I heard an interview with John Stamos recently, on my way to go hiking, and it was soooo boring. The way they were fawning over each other was annoying. Howard said that John Stamos is an amazing, underrated actor, lol.

by Anonymousreply 45April 26, 2021 3:16 AM

Ron and Fez was better than Howard Stern.

by Anonymousreply 46April 26, 2021 3:17 AM

Yep Howard101 is airing Ronnie the robot right this very minute. I think they run it on a loop every weekend.

by Anonymousreply 47April 26, 2021 10:17 AM

Fuckin' Ronnie on again this morning bitching about scoring 0.0 on the Uglymeter.

Why doesn't Howard just turn the show completely over to Ronnie at this point?

by Anonymousreply 48April 26, 2021 1:31 PM

are they on vacation again?

by Anonymousreply 49April 26, 2021 1:41 PM

This morning's show was new. Started with an Oscars recap until Ronnie came on to discuss Bubba The Love Sponge's COVID diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 50April 26, 2021 2:20 PM

They are milking the hell out of this Apples-Ronnie mess.

Discussing Ronnie's home listing on the internet. I knew this would eventually be talked about. Ronnie Mund takes a shit and Stern devotes 3 days to covering it "for laughs."

by Anonymousreply 51April 26, 2021 4:36 PM

Lately, I’ve been waiting and downloading each episode through the Sirius app. I can then just skip all the Ronnie or otherwise annoying parts. Some shows it doesn’t leave much, but it’s definitely more enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 52April 26, 2021 7:39 PM

Linking an article from the NY Post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 27, 2021 11:02 AM

Was just coming to link that article. I know it’s the NY Post, but they really go for the jugular, and every criticism is valid.

by Anonymousreply 54April 27, 2021 12:25 PM

[quote]We usually segue into graphic, sex-obsessed talks with Ronnie the Limo Driver, a 71-year-old Stern show mainstay who has now become its lead character, eating up airtime and surpassing Stern himself. (Hope Ronnie got a raise for all this heavy lifting, unlistenable though he may be.)

People are really getting sick and tired of the Ronnie schtick.

by Anonymousreply 55April 27, 2021 1:08 PM

I love working from home, but frankly, I’ll acknowledge it may not be good for me or the company I support. Stern’s show has definitely lost the energy that comes with collaboration in real time. He’s still funny, for sure, but there’s no way any show can really do the remote thing well. It just isn’t the same.

by Anonymousreply 56April 27, 2021 2:38 PM

He's completely bonkers about Covid or what ? He started his show on monday calling out his wife for not wearing a mask outdoors when they "have walks", when both of them are fully vaccinated. WTF is his problem ?

by Anonymousreply 57April 27, 2021 2:53 PM

You can still get covid despite being vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 58April 27, 2021 2:55 PM

Certainly NOT while having a fucking walk outside.

by Anonymousreply 59April 27, 2021 2:57 PM

I did listen for years, back in school. But it’s tough to listen to this older, wizened Stern fawning over other, more famous and interesting people. He’s become strangely uninteresting himself, basically a run of the mill old neurotic guy. But he seems to get a pass for a lot of pretty racist and misogynist humor, and some really scatalogical content. He might be reclusive because it’s possible that people blurt “hey fart man!” when they see him out and about. I listened yesterday, for the first time in a long while. He was chastising his wife about properly masking and socially distancing, eating too much sugar and being “pre-pre diabetic”.

And poor old Robin was crowing remotely, agreeing passionately as she has forever. I think he discreetly tried to help Artie Lang, but he also was a passive agent in some deeply humiliating content related to gender, race, sex, ableism. He tried to adapt (“retard” became slow person, “midget” to actor, etc), but his canon, comedically, is a shitty one. Grownups understand that. At least he’s not a mean guy, like Jerry Lewis kicking rabbits on a film set, or anything like that. But the economics of Sirius radio, if they are in fact paying a million dollars per day for his simpering and kvetching, makes absolutely no sense. It’s just shitty and sad.

by Anonymousreply 60April 27, 2021 2:59 PM

Yes you can R59. Go back to r/thedonald.

by Anonymousreply 61April 27, 2021 3:00 PM

I had to turn it off yesterday when they got to that part. I have followed all the mask requirements since go - but when I go for a walk outside I bring a mask but don’t wear it, unless I stop to talk to neighbors. To listen to Howard and Robin bully Beth over the whole issue was too much. Then to get Dr. Agus on the phone and when he basically agreed with Beth, Howard and Robin started talking over him, I was done.

by Anonymousreply 62April 27, 2021 3:00 PM

It was ridiculous, r62. He wouldn't even trust "the best doctor in the world" according to him. He's in a full episode of paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 63April 27, 2021 3:06 PM

NY Post article on Howard

Howard’s end: Shock jock Stern has lost his sting — and his mojo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 27, 2021 3:08 PM

R61, as long as you maintain social distancing, you’re pretty safe if walking outside in suburban or less trafficked areas. I bring my mask but keep it below my chin (I’ve been vaccinated a few months). If I approach someone I pull up my mask well before I get near them. If I’m in an enclosed space like a supermarket, of course I keep my mask on. That said, in more urban areas, if there’s a lot of traffic where you’re walking, masks should be on.

by Anonymousreply 65April 27, 2021 3:10 PM

You’re annoying kween ^

by Anonymousreply 66April 27, 2021 3:14 PM

How about letting people wear masks without harassment Tucker Carlson?

by Anonymousreply 67April 27, 2021 3:15 PM

[quote] I bring my mask but keep it below my chin (I’ve been vaccinated a few months). If I approach someone I pull up my mask well before I get near them.

That's what any sane person has been doing for a year. The only reason there was a mask mandate outdoors in my country was to prevent people from coming up with the "I forgot to bring my mask" while entering businesses and then throwing a tantrum at being turned away, and it was explained exactly like that.

Anyway, Howard will never leave his bunker because he lives in fear and doesn't want to be around people anymore. He has said as much on his show, that the quarantine was a great relief. He's using the pandemic as an excuse for his social phobia.

by Anonymousreply 68April 27, 2021 3:21 PM

So what R68? I do too. I wouldn’t harass people today, just saying. Recall the snow shoveling incident in Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 69April 27, 2021 3:24 PM

You mean people don't find 20 hours a day of Ronnie and then the other 4 being Fred's Ronnie puppetry hilarious?

by Anonymousreply 70April 27, 2021 3:45 PM

R66, if you’re spelling “queen” from 1990s slang, I can’t imagine how annoying you are.

by Anonymousreply 71April 27, 2021 3:48 PM

I though he was dead.

I must be confusing him with some other obnoxious bastard.

by Anonymousreply 72April 27, 2021 3:52 PM

Ronnie used to sound annoyed in a way that was hilarious. There was a balance. I remember the show where Robin said that Ronnie the security guy was the most dangerous man in the building. It was funny. Now he's just angry not matter what the subject his, he doesn't let people talk and is just impossible to listen to. And I'm not sure what Howard finds funny about a guy in his seventies talking about sex. It's just bad.

On the other hand, Ronnie is the only one left playing along so Howard is down to him. Everybody else has either moved on or they don't care.

by Anonymousreply 73April 27, 2021 3:58 PM

Kween at R71–are you new to DL?

by Anonymousreply 74April 27, 2021 4:08 PM

It was painful to listen to Howard whine to his wife about eating cereal and candy. You know he's very jealous and wants to shame her because he likes the skeleton look for himself and for years he's said he loves thin women. He doesn't want to get too firm with her because he knows he needs her around to take care of his old ass. He calls her "honey" in this voice that is half whine and half plead, trying to appeal to her in a non-confrontational way, when he really wants to demand she throw away her candy stash. It was cringe listening to him describe how he wheedled her into getting a blood test and was happy that he could throw the "pre pre-diabetic" thing in her face.

I'm happy that Beth didn't automatically give in to his baby behavior and that the doctor took her side.

by Anonymousreply 75April 27, 2021 4:49 PM

Actually r74 I’ve been around for years—long enough to remember when “kween” was used by dweebs.

by Anonymousreply 76April 27, 2021 5:57 PM

Yas kween is recent, kween.

by Anonymousreply 77April 27, 2021 6:27 PM

I used to feel bad for Beth, having to deal with a giant man baby with so many neuroses. But after listening to her stand up for herself yesterday, I think she knows that she's in the best position ever. He clearly stated that he cannot live alone, so he will have to go with the flow and keep the peace with her. She knows Howard is too afraid to start over with a new woman at his age, plus his hypochondria has him locked in with someone he knows he's safe with -- Beth has all the power now. She can take in all the stray cats she wants and Howard will fold..

by Anonymousreply 78April 27, 2021 6:35 PM

"States that have mask requirements outdoors, if people are vaccinated, we no longer feel that the vaccinated people require masks outdoors," CDC Director Walensky says, adding a caveat about crowded outdoor settings, like a concert.

Let's see if Howard yells at the CDC tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 79April 27, 2021 7:51 PM

Ummm, no r77. It became popular around 2013 but it’s been around forever on DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 27, 2021 8:30 PM

I don’t recall yas kween being around that long. Post a link. Now I’m curious.

by Anonymousreply 81April 27, 2021 8:32 PM

R81 I just did at r80.

by Anonymousreply 82April 27, 2021 8:36 PM

Datalounge links.

by Anonymousreply 83April 27, 2021 8:50 PM

“Yas kween” on Datalounge going back to 2013, let’s say.

by Anonymousreply 84April 27, 2021 8:51 PM

Howard Stern has become what he hates the most...

Don Imus.

by Anonymousreply 85April 27, 2021 8:55 PM

“Kween” spelled with the k-w. Not regular “queen”.

by Anonymousreply 86April 27, 2021 8:56 PM

R84, first if all, Google is your friend. Second of all, Google. Is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 87April 27, 2021 8:57 PM

But—you’re telling me that “yas kween” has on been on Datalounge for years, so you need to prove to it has (which I know ot hasn’t). Yas Kween is a new kommunity of kweens. A kulture of kweens.

by Anonymousreply 88April 27, 2021 9:00 PM

R88, I don’t have to do shit. Actually I’m doing that now instead of “proving” it.

by Anonymousreply 89April 27, 2021 9:09 PM

Good for you kween.

by Anonymousreply 90April 27, 2021 9:14 PM

Thanks, dweeb.

by Anonymousreply 91April 27, 2021 9:23 PM

Kweenaphobe!

by Anonymousreply 92April 27, 2021 9:24 PM

I am sure anyone who writes into the NYPost is a deplorable. However, here are the reader responses to yesterday's article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 28, 2021 10:16 AM

Howard is probably steaming inside every time he sees Beth enjoying a treat from her candy stash because the highlight of his day is eating his Metamucil fiber crackers. That's the reality when you get a young wife.

by Anonymousreply 94April 28, 2021 12:59 PM

Guess who is on Howard 100 right now....

Ronnie!

by Anonymousreply 95April 29, 2021 1:27 PM

After listening the last two days, I PRAY that the don't exchange Ronnie with Ass Napkin Ed as their next "go to" character. They filled about 2 hours of airtime with the most unfunny audio of ANE and Chris Wilding talking about anal worms. Yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 96April 29, 2021 9:51 PM

Terrible. ^

by Anonymousreply 97April 29, 2021 9:52 PM

The show is adrift. Howard doesn't know what's funny vs lame/gross anymore. He doesn't seem to know how to fill the air. Whack pack is gone, the news are gone. He should have never re-signed for 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 98May 1, 2021 12:04 PM

Ronnie will be on tomorrow trying to get a woman's pussy wet.

by Anonymousreply 99May 3, 2021 1:04 PM

OMG - more Ass Napkin Ed today. He is bad enough but then we have to endure the Ass Napkin Howard and Ass Napkin Chris Wilding "comedy" shtick for far too long.

by Anonymousreply 100May 3, 2021 8:01 PM

Ass Napkin Ed on again.

by Anonymousreply 101May 4, 2021 12:15 PM

Stern knows this is his last contract, so he no longer gives a shit. He's just cashing the checks and hoarding his cash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 4, 2021 12:55 PM

Cue up The Ronnie Mund Show starting now...

by Anonymousreply 103May 4, 2021 1:21 PM

Ronnie kept going on and on about his pre-cum and sticking his cock between Dry Lisa's "ass treeks."

by Anonymousreply 104May 4, 2021 1:34 PM

OMG R104, did Fred chime in with the Ronnie puppet and drag the 'hilarity' on past the point of tolerance? I cannot stand Fred's Ronnie voice and his 'dirty Ronnie' chuckle.

by Anonymousreply 105May 4, 2021 7:43 PM

Totally running Ass Napkin Ed into the ground.

He's the new Ronnie.

by Anonymousreply 106May 5, 2021 12:44 PM

Takei trashing Shatner.

What else is new....

by Anonymousreply 107May 5, 2021 1:17 PM

RONNIE101 is airing the '18 Ronnie Roast

by Anonymousreply 108May 5, 2021 4:48 PM

Yaaaas.

by Anonymousreply 109May 5, 2021 5:18 PM

It's been years now. I was once really into it from the E! show era through the move to Sirius. Nothing happened, my listening just naturally dropped off.

by Anonymousreply 110May 5, 2021 10:04 PM

The show went downhill after the 2016 election : Howard didn't know what to say. And he didn't say anything for a long ass time, too. He had to realize the pieces of shit who voted for that guy was his core audience. He had to change that.

by Anonymousreply 111May 5, 2021 11:20 PM

R19, Hi Ralph!

by Anonymousreply 112May 5, 2021 11:51 PM

The whole thread is someone telling us that Ronnie is on again. We understand - Ronnie is on a lot.

by Anonymousreply 113May 5, 2021 11:57 PM

Almost as bad as the Ronnie crap, I really can't stand the visits from "Alex Jones" and his Info Wars.com shtick.

by Anonymousreply 114May 7, 2021 6:23 PM

Everything on the show is irritating.

by Anonymousreply 115May 8, 2021 1:04 AM

I'm a big fan of his hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 8, 2021 1:14 AM

Where is he broadcasting from? Is he in New York still or Florida? In one of the conversations he was having about the school in Florida that is banning teachers from being vaccinated, he said down here in Florida

by Anonymousreply 117May 8, 2021 6:29 PM

He is so awful. You know he’s hanging out at Mara Lago. That pic of Beth in the bathing suit was probably taken at Mara Lago!

by Anonymousreply 118May 8, 2021 6:43 PM

Guess who....

RONNIE MUND!

by Anonymousreply 119May 11, 2021 11:42 AM

Ronnie talking about getting a handjob, making a dry pussy wet with his pre-cum.

Fred was loving every minute of it.

by Anonymousreply 120May 11, 2021 11:57 AM

Ronnie going on and on about spewing all over Connie's hands.

Oooh, Ass Napkin Ed parody commercial time.

by Anonymousreply 121May 11, 2021 12:06 PM

Do people care if Howard Stern still goes to Mar-a-Lago?

by Anonymousreply 122May 11, 2021 12:17 PM

I don't know who's funnier, Ronnie or Fred with the Ronnie puppet.

by Anonymousreply 123May 11, 2021 12:32 PM

Blind item CDAN : There is an actress/comedienne/radio host who used to also write books. She hasn't done so in a very long time. It has been a couple of decades. About five or six years ago, she was thinking of new ways to bring in income and decided she would write another book. In that book, she was going to recount some stories about this permanent A+ list DJ who is no longer on his A game. The stories would have included the definitive account of whether his first date with someone special to him, was in fact, the date bailing on her paying client to have a chance with the DJ. It also would have told some other tales that have all been speculation in the past. She was dissuaded by not only the people of the DJ but also a late night talk show host. You know who won't be dissuaded though? That someone special to him who already has a manuscript ready to go whenever the split happens.

Sandra Bernhard / Jimmy Kimmel / Howard Stern / Beth Stern

Oh but of COURSE beth was a fucking escort. And of COURSE she has a book ready for the divorce. Howard will look like such a fucking joke, deservedly so. It also explains why Sandra has been persona non grata on the show since her allusion on the air about Beth being a gold digger/paid wife or whatever it was that she said. She knows exactly what's going on. Also explains why Howard is such a lapdog for Jimmy Kimmel.

by Anonymousreply 124May 12, 2021 4:22 PM

Was this the last time Sandra was on the show?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 12, 2021 4:37 PM

They’re no way he doesn’t have a non-disclosure clause in the pre-nup.

by Anonymousreply 126May 12, 2021 5:26 PM

As a profound lover of schadenfreude, I just want to live long enough to see the day Beth leaves old Howie.

by Anonymousreply 127May 12, 2021 8:57 PM

It'd be hilarious if Beth left him and then his mother called him and just did her weird laugh.

Ehhhh-huuuuhhh-heeehhh-eeehhhhhhh

by Anonymousreply 128May 12, 2021 10:45 PM

I want to hear more about their token gay Chris Wilding having to stop his love hole from dripping. Must be all that fisting he is into. I wonder if anyone who has hooked up with him (there seem to be thousands since he's a slut) can go on the show and tell us how good he is in the sack. I find Memet strangely attractive despite his inability to keep it hard with women. Maybe he'd do better with guys.

by Anonymousreply 129May 13, 2021 1:01 PM

R124 That's funny because it was recently mentioned on the Stern show about how Beth says that she "knows her customer" when telling people how Stern would react to things.

by Anonymousreply 130May 13, 2021 9:03 PM

I thought that listening to Ronnie's sex life was nauseating, but they had George Takei on last week and Howard spent about 45 minutes questioning the 84 year old celeb about what he does with his husband Brad. I've heard George plenty of times in the past and know Howard would bring up his sex life for a bit, but it's not fun any more.

I think Howard is so interested in Ronnie and George because he wants to get confirmation/reassurance for himself that even old(er) guys still get horny and bang. Howard is really getting up there now and hearing old man boner stories give him some comfort that he can still give it to his wife.

by Anonymousreply 131May 17, 2021 4:36 PM

The show is on two week vacation as of 5/24 and they advertised that they will have something called "The Stern Show A to Z". It sounds interesting - each letter will highlight something associated with the show. For example: E stands for Eric Norris, as in when Fred changed his name and they'll play clips from back in the day when this was addressed on the air.

This is stuff I'd rather hear than the garbage they've been putting our in the last 2-3 years.

by Anonymousreply 132May 21, 2021 6:05 PM

Lemme guess...

R is for Ronnie

by Anonymousreply 133May 21, 2021 7:20 PM

Is T for Trump?

by Anonymousreply 134May 21, 2021 7:28 PM

I hope C is for "Crazy Alice". WEHT her?

by Anonymousreply 135May 21, 2021 7:43 PM

While previewing next weeks special, they dropped hints that O could either be for Robin OPHELIA or for orange juice, as in when Gary smacked his lips and asked for OJ while on the plane back from the disastrous appearance on the Arsenio Hall show. These sound like fun walks down memory lane.

by Anonymousreply 136May 21, 2021 7:57 PM

I was just watching the tv show "Very Scary People" hosted by Donnie Wahlberg.

Is High Pitch Erik still lusting after him?

Is Erik trying to run for mayor of NYC? He has a sad amount of followers on his Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 137May 21, 2021 8:05 PM

Wendy the Slow Adult's YouTube show where she puts together panels of three or four guests for discussion topics, etc. is vastly more interesting and illuminating than anything Stern has put out in the past decade.

by Anonymousreply 138May 21, 2021 8:09 PM

I had no idea that Wendy has a YT show - going to look for it now, even though I can only take her in small doses, I'm curious. I do know that Sal has/had a YT cooking show and Shuli drops videos there sometime (I think he has a podcast too). I tried watching Grillo and Stuttering John's videos but they're very dull.

by Anonymousreply 139May 21, 2021 8:32 PM

Was he live this week?

by Anonymousreply 140May 27, 2021 9:57 AM

No, all reruns.

by Anonymousreply 141May 27, 2021 9:59 AM

Where does he vacation for all this time? Florida? If so, where?

by Anonymousreply 142May 27, 2021 1:06 PM

He should have quit 10 years ago while he was on top. Rogan is the dudebro king now.

by Anonymousreply 143June 3, 2021 3:35 AM

Why doesn’t Robin do the news anymore? That was one of the best parts of the show. I stopped listening years ago when Sal and Ralph were always on, then Ronnie becoming a bigger part of the show and that was it. Howard always threatened to quit, but obviously it was hot air. He’s hanging on to the very end.

by Anonymousreply 144June 3, 2021 3:51 AM

Because of Trump, R144. They cancelled it because of him and he’s a friend of the show and they didn’t want to ruin that relationship.

by Anonymousreply 145June 3, 2021 3:57 AM

I don’t necessarily believe that r145. Howard was a pretty vocal supporter of Hillary (so was Robin). But I do believe they’d love to have him back on the show.

by Anonymousreply 146June 3, 2021 11:48 AM

That’s why they cancelled the news. I don’t know what else to say.

by Anonymousreply 147June 3, 2021 12:09 PM

And just because they supported Hillary doesn’t stop them from being friends with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 148June 3, 2021 12:11 PM

According to Trump it does.

Look, I have my complaints about the show these days - I think COVID has destroyed it - well Howard's paranoia about COVID. I think Trump is a non-factor when it comes to this show. The Trump derangement from some is off the charts. Trump is a giant baby who holds grudges and is pissed they didn't support his run period, end of story. He would never come back and - in his rapidly deteriorating mind - and give Howard a yuuge ratings boost and grace the show with his presence.

There is no news because that means Robin would actually have to do some work/research and compile stories. It was being done by staff/interns when they were in the studio. It is nothing but laziness that has caused the news to come to an end.

by Anonymousreply 149June 3, 2021 12:19 PM

The people refuse to accept they are still friends are fascinating to me. Oh well. Talk about derangement.

by Anonymousreply 150June 3, 2021 12:22 PM

They are not friends. R150, if there’s one thing Dump is, it’s that he’s very transparent about who he likes and doesn’t like. And he wants loyalty above all. The fact that Howard openly didn’t support him in either 2016 or 2020 is a deal breaker. I’m sure Howard would love to have him on, and yes, there would be huge ratings, but there is no way in hell Dump would ever go back on his show after Howard supported both Hillary and Joe. That’s not on Howard, that’s on Dump.

by Anonymousreply 151June 3, 2021 12:29 PM

Liked the news also with Robin. The shows aren't listenable anymore. All the weirdos that Howard obsesses over. Just boring. I'm getting rid of Sirius. when my contract ends in July.

by Anonymousreply 152June 3, 2021 12:31 PM

[quote]I’m sure Howard would love to have him on, and yes, there would be huge ratings

You don’t see a problem with this? You must be a Trump supporter. Are you from that Howard Stern subreddit?

by Anonymousreply 153June 3, 2021 12:56 PM

I'm surprised Howard hasn't just turned the show over to Ronnie at this point.

by Anonymousreply 154June 3, 2021 2:47 PM

Trump is gone, even if there's still plenty of Trump-related news. Plus, they could always pick and choose their news. Robin reported news that was in every major newspaper, but also Hollywood stuff, and just random bullshit. Like she should have reported on the 21 year old living in a 72 square foot apartment and her and Howard would just riff on that. The comments were what made it funny and they could comment about anything. I guess Trump was unavoidable during his presidency, but they could fashion a news report without trump, or even politics for that matter, if they really wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 155June 3, 2021 2:51 PM

I was a long time listener, but stopped last November and don't miss it for a second. Can't stand him. He should've retired and he is in fact irrelevant at this point.

by Anonymousreply 156June 3, 2021 2:53 PM

R153, hell to the no re being a Dump supporter. Did you even read the rest of my post? And yes, I believe that if Howard had Dump on, a ton of people would listen and the media would salivate over it. But Dump would never do it. In his mind, Howard betrayed him.

by Anonymousreply 157June 3, 2021 3:04 PM

Okay—I give up. ^

by Anonymousreply 158June 3, 2021 3:06 PM

The only people Howard will never allow on are critics of Israel. That's why he never allowed Roger Waters back on.

Trump couldn't haven't been more of a rabid Zionist, so nothing else he did -including the Insurrection- means anything to Howard. Howard's another one of those faux patriots. Trump doesn't personally offend him to the point he wouldn't allow him on, because at least he kissed Bibi's ass. And Howard, like Maher are rabid in their devotion.

by Anonymousreply 159June 3, 2021 3:09 PM

I’m a proud Zionist.

by Anonymousreply 160June 3, 2021 3:11 PM

You have nothing of which to be proud. You defend oppression, racism and dehumanization. There is nothing remotely normal about thinking that you as a foreigner never having stepped foot in a foreign country, should immediately have more rights over people who have been there for generations and have more claim than some Ashkenazi like Howard.

And it doesn't help your cause that you're now aligned with white supremacy. Go blow Steve Bannon. He's a Zionist, too. As is Stephen Miller. And Ted Cruz. All the shitheads are Zionists

by Anonymousreply 161June 3, 2021 3:20 PM

I DO! FF’d with your anti-Semitism. I wish that webmaster would do something about this but he probably agrees.

by Anonymousreply 162June 3, 2021 3:23 PM

New show tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 163June 6, 2021 4:07 PM

Yeah - back from vacation tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 164June 6, 2021 10:20 PM

Immediately starting off the show with talk of Ronnie.

by Anonymousreply 165June 7, 2021 11:07 AM

Howard announces that eventhough Ronnie is going to Vegas next month, he will still be on the show.

by Anonymousreply 166June 7, 2021 11:19 AM

Half hour in and nothing but Ronnie.

by Anonymousreply 167June 7, 2021 11:33 AM

One full hour into the show and still Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie!

by Anonymousreply 168June 7, 2021 12:03 PM

We have a Ronnie updater.

by Anonymousreply 169June 7, 2021 12:17 PM

I missed today's show but apparently it was yet another episode of The Ronnie Mund Show with Howard busting his balls for moving to Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 170June 14, 2021 2:37 PM

I dropped my subscription, but I check the Marksfriggin site to see the daily rundown and decide if it is worth a download. I see today's show started at 7AM with the topic "Ronnie's Tweets Explained" and it goes to 8:05AM. Not today.

by Anonymousreply 171June 14, 2021 5:20 PM

R171, then it went straight into Ronnie, Vegas and More. About 2/3s of today's show was all focused in on Ronnie.

by Anonymousreply 172June 14, 2021 8:45 PM

I looked at the rundown for today and I see that they are talking about Ass Napkin Ed again, after him being a topic yesterday too. Ugh - he's almost as bad as Ronnie and then Howard and Chris do their endless imitations of is voice. SKIP!

Two topics got my interest - "Wendy the Slow Adult is Homeless" and "High Pitch Eric is Getting Difficult". Since Marksfriggin no longer gives details of the show on the same day, I can't read about these. If anyone listened, can you please give me some details on the Wendy and Eric mess?

by Anonymousreply 173June 15, 2021 5:07 PM

Wendy's mom sold their house without having a new place to move to, so they (along with a dog and 2 cats) are living out of a Honda minivan in various Cracker Barrel parking lots in Georgia, Florida and North Carolina.

High Pitch is over the show because even he realizes how lame it is now.

by Anonymousreply 174June 15, 2021 5:16 PM

I gave up my subscription a couple of years ago because I grew to hate who he has become. I occasionally check Howard Stern Reddit to see if I'm missing anything.

by Anonymousreply 175June 15, 2021 5:36 PM

OMG - Wendy's life is a holy mess. A giant slow woman with no teeth, wears diapers, is in a wheelchair (last I heard, unless she got better), lives in FL (the site of so much chaos) , has too many pets that somehow keep running away, begs for money from Howard and used to do it in random parking lots. Now she's living in a van down by the river.

by Anonymousreply 176June 15, 2021 6:51 PM

Kicked off today's show by talking about what else....Ronnie Mund!

by Anonymousreply 177June 16, 2021 12:19 PM

Apparently High Pitch is pissed that Schuli is gone and blames Howard.

When Schuli initially asked Sirius if it was ok for him to relocate to Huntsville and work remotely, they were fine with it.

Then Howard learned of this and suddenly Sirius says he would need to work part time with slashed pay and no benefits.

Now Howard is freaking out cause Ronnie is moving and let's face it, Ronnie is all he has left.

I'm sure Beth is tickled pink by all this.

by Anonymousreply 178June 16, 2021 2:03 PM

Looks like Baba Booey’s house is on the market. If you have an extra $3.2 million laying around it’s all yours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179June 16, 2021 9:00 PM

Wonder if Booey is leaving the tri-state area. Since his sons are grown, he probably doesn't need that big house anymore, but will he stay in the NE since it looks like the show won't be going back to the Sirius offices in NYC because of Howard's paranoia. He could move anywhere in that case.

I wonder if Howard will pout and berate Gary like he's been ragging on Ronnie recently for "leaving him"/moving.

by Anonymousreply 180June 16, 2021 10:53 PM

Good bye, boff.

by Anonymousreply 181June 16, 2021 10:54 PM

r180

he recently talked about maybe moving to maine

by Anonymousreply 182June 16, 2021 11:52 PM

If Gary moves to Maine that means Howard is never going back to the studio.

by Anonymousreply 183June 17, 2021 2:46 AM

First thing this morning...

Ronnie fuckin' Mund!

by Anonymousreply 184June 17, 2021 11:09 AM

I enjoy all the Ronnie content and the ball busting. I don't mind if so e don't agree, but the hypocritical poster that constantly bitches about Ronnie ad infinitum is insufferable, and has no sense of irony that he complains about hearing the same thing over and over and yet is intent on subjecting us to the same. We get it, you don't like Ronnie on the show, we don't need an obsessive minute by minute rundown of when he's on.

by Anonymousreply 185June 19, 2021 2:03 PM

[quote]I enjoy all the Ronnie content

Give us a break.

by Anonymousreply 186June 19, 2021 2:23 PM

Just flipped over to 100 and they are discussing Ronnie's Twitter account.

Why did Stern bother re-signing with Sirius?

by Anonymousreply 187June 20, 2021 4:36 PM

How are Howard’s ratings? Does Sirius release that info? If Howard is always on vacation, I can’t see listeners sticking with the show. Although, if they re-sign him for an insane amount than I guess he’s still a draw. I’m just amazed how long he is hanging on considering he’s been saying he’s retiring for the past 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 188June 20, 2021 5:22 PM

I so wish we could see Howard's ratings, but apparently you can't do that with sattelite... or something. Maybe they're lying.

by Anonymousreply 189June 20, 2021 6:28 PM

Another morning discussing guess who?

That's right.

Ronnie fuckin' Mund

by Anonymousreply 190June 23, 2021 12:15 PM

Talk centering around Ronnie shaving his asshole.

by Anonymousreply 191June 23, 2021 12:36 PM

Let's talk foreskins on the HS Show. Fred Norris, Sal and Chris Wilding, Anyone else? Thought Fred was kind of sexy in a weird way. Whatever happened to Steve Nowicki? So cute and apparently a real slut hooking up with a lot of horny women. Memet is also strangely sexy although clearly a closet case. More about Chris Wilding's hookup. Is his over used hole dripping? Nasty. So over Ronnie and his sex life. The fake George Takei is humorous ringing the bell for Brad. What ever happened to Crazy Alice? She was the best when she got into it with Sal. Wendy the Slow Adult is still funny, especially when they use her voice to represent someone they are talking about. She only can say "yes" and then she hurls the lunch she dived for in the dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 192June 26, 2021 4:29 PM

r192

I wanna see what the hot columbian looks like

by Anonymousreply 193June 27, 2021 12:59 AM

So they’re off for the whole summer?

by Anonymousreply 194June 28, 2021 12:28 PM

R194

Wtf

by Anonymousreply 195June 28, 2021 2:30 PM

Still recently he was saying "we never take more than two weeks off". What a joke. It just turned into two months ! How can he possibly be paid so much for this kind of work.

by Anonymousreply 196June 28, 2021 2:46 PM

[quote]Still recently he was saying "we never take more than two weeks off". What a joke. It just turned into two months ! How can he possibly be paid so much for this kind of work.

Outrageous.

by Anonymousreply 197June 28, 2021 3:07 PM

I just checked Marksfriggin to see if todays show was worth downloading and saw the notice about "longer summer vacation", then I came here to ask. I see others are way ahead of me. I didn't listen so I only know what you guys tell me. So, what's the deal? Two months off? Howard is such a workaholic it seems weird for him to do something like this, and how can Sirius allow him this and think the subscribers will put up with paying for more reruns?

I started wondering what' behind this extended break -- my first thought was "is someone getting some secret cosmetic procedure done and needs time off to heal?". You always hear how some celeb disappears for a while and comes back looking "refreshed", so that's why my mind went there. Then so many other possibilities popped in: Is Beth pregnant? Is Robin sick again? Is Howard moving from NY? Is Howard building a new studio in his house for the future? Are his parents sick? Is Howard sick?

by Anonymousreply 198June 28, 2021 5:59 PM

r198

you read my mind... I wonder if something is up

by Anonymousreply 199June 28, 2021 6:01 PM

He just re-signed this year, right? so he still has about four full years on his contract. I guess it doesn't matter if he moves... he can do a remote broadcast from anywhere.

I bailed about 3 months ago - the show is pretty poor these days with too much Ronnie, Ass Napkin Ed, Bobo, HPE and the preplanned phony callers. I hope the Sirius switchboard is lighting up like a Christmas tree with the paying customers who have had enough of Howard's BS and are cancelling. From 3 days a week to no new shows all summer? Fuck that.

by Anonymousreply 200June 29, 2021 12:52 AM

If I'm not mistaken, his new contract included less shows for the year. The folks at Radio Gunk had this figured out months ago. I cancelled last year after years of being such a fan. So tired of his bullshit and the Imus he's become.

by Anonymousreply 201June 29, 2021 1:36 AM

I'm calling it now...

The Summer of Ronnie!

by Anonymousreply 202June 29, 2021 1:55 AM

I missed the wrap up show yesterday, Did they talk about the summer heat us at all? Or is there going to be a new wrapup show every day over the summer?

by Anonymousreply 203June 29, 2021 5:13 PM

After Robin came back after her cancer situation, Howard said several times that he would not continue the show if she had died. Hoping for the best but if the speculation about Robin turns out to be reality, and the worst happened, I wonder if he would he still do that.

by Anonymousreply 204June 29, 2021 9:18 PM

I saw Robin recently on YouTube after not seeing either her or Stern for a few years. MY GOD! she looks elderly and has a big wig on. Stern too!

by Anonymousreply 205June 29, 2021 9:43 PM

They are really testing their fans. The show has taken a dive in quality since its being done remotely. Robin is too lazy to do the news segment anymore. Now a two- month break to get used to not listening. It must be the last contract, they are figuratively and literally phoning it in.

by Anonymousreply 206June 30, 2021 1:05 AM

SIXTY-NIIIIIINNNNNNEEEEE!!!

by Anonymousreply 207June 30, 2021 3:03 PM

Unfortunately Stern has become who he has traditionally despised. The last time I drove my vehicle that has Sirius radio service, I cringed through a really awful bit of Howard singing to Robin about Covid and how he “saved her life” by convincing her to cancel a getaway to Napa Valley. The idea was ok, but listening to his singing and the thin, cheesy humorous elements reminded me of a really spoiled teenager performing for doting parents at a summer camp talent show. Way too long and tedious. Stern seemed lost in his own corny, odd sense of humor, and disconnected from his listener. He’s like Soupy Sales or Don Imus, but worse. Poor old Robin managed to croak a few fake laughs, and stoic Fred managed to fluff the bit by playing Robin’s singing, butchering the musical scale, mercifully over Stern’s nonsense. Howard’s humor, supposedly the spine of the show, is as funny as a cry for help. Even Benjy has the upper hand on Stern and Quivers because their interactions with him are so prescriptive and stale. They query him about his experience on a dating app, and struggle to offer pithy, clever put-downs. Funny, sort of, 15 years ago. Maybe it’s good for Stern to stay quiet for a while. Paint, comb his cats, kvetch about his diet and appearance, needle his oddly vacant model (adjacent) wife about her diet and lifestyle. Ideally he will give some of the freakishly overblown (overstated?) wealth to nonprofits. It’s possible that he isn’t actually paid or worth what is implied about him. His rumored salary might be spin, bloated and overstated to fluff his stature.

by Anonymousreply 208June 30, 2021 3:43 PM

I caught a clip of Stern trying goad George Takei into a really sad and disturbingly homophobic song parody, and I was glad Takei didn’t participate.

Earlier, I heard Stern interview Drew Barrymore in his new style, fawning and submissive. He seems so grateful for even c-list guests. It’s all a bit sad. Barrymore’s odd new-age chatter sounded like an old Valley Girl, and Stern’s banter with her had a really creepy artificiality to it.

Similarly, Adam Sandler’s interaction with Stern, reminiscing about past conflicts, sounded like he was visiting a lonely old neighbor, trying to make peace with a curmudgeonly old crow, for throwing a rock through a window years ago.

by Anonymousreply 209June 30, 2021 4:09 PM

Page Six is saying a lot of his fans are pissed cz he’s taking more than 2 months for vacation and they pay a monthly fee just to hear him.

by Anonymousreply 210June 30, 2021 4:12 PM

I checked the daily rundown and see that the show opened today with the topic "Why Is Howard Taking The Summer Off?". So, what did he say? I'm curious if he had a reasonable explanation or was it some vague BS.

Also on the rundown is the headline "Previewing Big Dick Energy Show With Medicated Pete". I'm entertained by Medicated Pete's Tourettes. This is one fill-in show I may have to download.

by Anonymousreply 211June 30, 2021 5:16 PM

[quote]Page Six is saying a lot of his fans are pissed cz he's taking more than 2 months for vacation and they pay a monthly fee just to hear him.

Suckers!

by Anonymousreply 212June 30, 2021 5:31 PM

THSS hasn't been funny since the late 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 213June 30, 2021 5:42 PM

I often wonder if Chris Wilding lurks on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 214June 30, 2021 6:00 PM

He did start today with saying that lots of fans are pissed but other shows take a summer hiatus and it's only 12 less shows. His last contract had him working 112 days and the new one is 100 days. They must not be taking a vacation in the fall then?

by Anonymousreply 215June 30, 2021 6:10 PM

So Howard didn't actually say WHY he's taking off?

Back when Howard was still relevant and beefing with other DJ's like Imus and Limbaugh, you know Howard would be ragging on them like crazy for being lazy and taking advantage of their listeners. He is fast to point out the faults of others and now he's making excuses for himself.

by Anonymousreply 216June 30, 2021 7:32 PM

Why doesn’t he just retire? He’s made enough money.

by Anonymousreply 217June 30, 2021 10:51 PM

Because he’s going to interview Trump about whether or not he’s going to run again in 24. Sirius wanted that “interview”, “announcement”.

by Anonymousreply 218June 30, 2021 11:24 PM

He clearly stated that when he signed the new contract, 12 less shows were promised and an extended summer break was always planned. As an avid listener it sucks but if it kept Howard on the air for five more years Ill take it, love the show. For those who are crying that he should retire, why not just not listen/ follow the show anymore and then, for you, it will be just like he retired!

by Anonymousreply 219July 1, 2021 5:09 AM

Does anyone know if they ever explained why they stopped doing the news?

by Anonymousreply 220July 22, 2021 9:38 PM

Trump ^. He’s a friend and they stopped because he’s a friend.

by Anonymousreply 221July 22, 2021 9:45 PM

There was never a formal explanation but I assume it's because Robin no longer had access to the resources at the radio station. If she was motivated, she probably could had done a "lite news" with whatever info she could gather right off the internet at her home. She's done, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 222July 22, 2021 11:43 PM

She was using the interns to compile the stories. So without interns to do the work, Robin stopped doing the news.

by Anonymousreply 223July 22, 2021 11:47 PM

People here refuse to believe they stopped doing because pf Trump. Trump did the show 50 times. Howard and Beth are still members of Mara Lago. I think Beth recently had a pick from there on her Instagram. They both live in the Trump vicinity in Florida. She stopped doing the news because of their loyalty to Trump. Just because he didn’t vote for Donald doesn’t mean he’s not friends with Donald. Robin too.

by Anonymousreply 224July 22, 2021 11:52 PM

*pic

by Anonymousreply 225July 22, 2021 11:52 PM

R224 have you listened to the show in the last few years? So much Trump bashing all the time. I have a very hard time believing that had any thing to do with them stopping the news segment. In fact, I think it came up a week or two before the break and they both said they’ve spent so much time since Trump and the pandemic discussing current events that the news segment would be redundant.

by Anonymousreply 226July 22, 2021 11:59 PM

Yes^ 🙄 enough. There was no Trump bashing. There was administration bashing. There was Trump supporter bashing. But there was no Trump himself bashing. Trump never once bad mouthed Howard in return. Not once.

by Anonymousreply 227July 23, 2021 12:01 AM

Not to mention Beth’s Instagram is all cats all the time. I would love to see this mar a lago pic you are referencing.

by Anonymousreply 228July 23, 2021 12:02 AM

Just look for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 229July 23, 2021 12:03 AM

Besides Don Jr — who said Howard wasn’t funny anymore without Artie Lange, which was harmless and stupid. Go on Reddit, read the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 230July 23, 2021 12:14 AM

I don't miss Howard this summer, but I do listen to old fights on my commute. It used to be a great show but it was never about Howard, it was about back office idiots and cohosts arguing. Some of Howard's old rants are good, but they're always about yelling at staff. Howard cannot carry the show on his own, contrary to the truly greats who don't need anybody else to shine.

Howard's not a leader, he's a bully.

by Anonymousreply 231July 28, 2021 4:51 AM

Are they still censoring old bits and episodes? Thank god for torrents.

by Anonymousreply 232July 28, 2021 5:57 AM

I listened to Howard for almost 30 years (since Junior High). I stopped listening cold turkey last October and I don't miss it for a second. Show just isn't funny anymore.

by Anonymousreply 233July 28, 2021 6:02 AM

Where can I download the complete uncensored archives? Anyone know. I lost the Wushdishman (sp?) magnet link

by Anonymousreply 234July 28, 2021 6:03 AM

R234 I don't know of the complete torrent you mentionned, but I found every decade of the show on www.limetorrents.pro and / or torrentquest (link below for example). Even when torrents were marked with no seeder I could usually complete them by adding the same torrent from limetorrents (thus adding trackers/peers).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235July 28, 2021 2:32 PM

Anybody misses Howard ? I miss Maddow like hell, but not Howard in the least. I didn't miss Maher either (who's back).

Howard can take September off, too ! What's another month of not missing a show ?

by Anonymousreply 236August 3, 2021 5:06 AM

R25, R40, R118, R224: It's MAR-A-LAGO. Fucking hell.

by Anonymousreply 237August 3, 2021 7:30 AM

R130- Her customer? Good grief, can't she say client? Colleague? Huband?

by Anonymousreply 238August 3, 2021 8:07 AM

[quote]It's MAR-A-LAGO.

You would know!

by Anonymousreply 239August 3, 2021 12:20 PM

[quote] I often wonder if Chris Wilding lurks on Datalounge

I have absolutely no idea who this is, which shows how long it's been since I listened to THSS.

by Anonymousreply 240August 3, 2021 7:47 PM

Are companies obligated to pay employees for employees time off? I wonder if the staff got paid during this long summer hiatus. That would suck for folks like JD, Jason, etc. if they have to make do all summer w/o an income.

by Anonymousreply 241August 11, 2021 3:12 PM

[quote]I have absolutely no idea who this is, which shows how long it's been since I listened to THSS.

That’s why plucked this obscure post out from way upthread about the gay staffer on the show.

by Anonymousreply 242August 11, 2021 3:19 PM

Is Howard a grandfather yet? I know at least one of his daughters is married... maybe two, but neither of them had had any kids of their own yet?

by Anonymousreply 243August 19, 2021 9:57 PM

Let's have a little game while we wait for Howard to return in 3-4 weeks -- who do you think will be the next Wackpacker to die? So many candidates: Beetlejuice, Wendy, Gary the Slow Adult, Jeff the Drunk, Bigfoot, High Pitch Eric? Will it be an outlier like Underdog or Crazy Alice. Will we all think "finally" if Artie overdoses one last time?

by Anonymousreply 244August 19, 2021 10:51 PM

R243, yes Howard is a grandfather, although I don't think he's acknowledged it on air. His middle daughter Deborah had a baby last summer.

by Anonymousreply 245August 20, 2021 1:29 AM

For no explicable reason, I got the feeling that when the show returns in a few weeks, Robin may not be there. She has always been one to want to travel and explore the world and she will decide that she is wasting time being second banana to a no longer relevant radio show and robotically chuckling at Howard's attempts at humor. She's no longer a 'newswoman' , is past retirement age, has reasonable health after her cancer battle, and has the resources, so it's up, up and away for her. The only thing to stop her is limits on Covid and travel bans.

Watch me completely wrong and Robin is back, all chipper, when the show returns.

by Anonymousreply 246August 20, 2021 4:02 AM

Howard has said he won't do the show without Robin.

As for Robin exploring the world...maybe just the first world. She couldn't handle visiting India - she said the airport smelled so bad she immediately booked a flight home.

by Anonymousreply 247August 20, 2021 4:24 PM

Anyone know how Chris Wildling is still in the country?

by Anonymousreply 248August 23, 2021 8:16 PM

It's going to be very strange when Howard returns. This is the longest he's been off the air in 40 years. Even Letterman, Carson, Leno ect. were off for several months at a time for various strikes. But Howard has never been off for longer than two, or maybe more recently three weeks.

The show really isn't the show anymore. If they're truly never returning to the studio, I almost don't see the point of them keeping on.

by Anonymousreply 249August 23, 2021 8:22 PM

Is there a definitive date set for his return in September? Week of Labor Day, or week after? Thanks

by Anonymousreply 250August 25, 2021 1:05 AM

Did Ronnie finally move to Vegas and (hopefully) away from the show?

by Anonymousreply 251August 25, 2021 1:11 AM

Ronnie moved, he posted pictures of himself in Vegas on his social media.

r250 IIRC they're never on during weeks that has a holiday, so I assume the week after Labor Day.

I really wonder if they'll be back into the studio.

by Anonymousreply 252August 25, 2021 4:09 PM

Any he and Trump spottings?

by Anonymousreply 253August 25, 2021 4:56 PM

r252

I highly doubt they will be in studio I don't think he ever said they would be in studio after the summer did they?

by Anonymousreply 254August 25, 2021 8:20 PM

No, they will still be at home. I'm not sure they have a studio anymore.

by Anonymousreply 255August 25, 2021 8:56 PM

Has he spotted with Trump at all?

by Anonymousreply 256August 25, 2021 8:57 PM

*been spotted

by Anonymousreply 257August 25, 2021 8:57 PM

Last year they actually returned the week of Labor day and did two shows on the Tuesday and Wednesday after, so I'm wondering is this year they'll be doing the same. He'd normally take two weeks off in July and two in August so if he's doing twelve less shows in the new contract (as reported 100 as opposed to 112) then those 12 show would have been taken during the 4 extra summer vacay weeks and he'd be back the week of Labor day again but who knows?

by Anonymousreply 258August 26, 2021 3:37 AM

That episode where he ragged on Andy Cohen for saying that he wanted to go snoop in Howard’s studio was hilarious. Howard basically said that he would have Andy fired.

by Anonymousreply 259August 26, 2021 3:47 AM

How come there are never any pictures of Stern in Florida, in Trump’s neighborhood?

by Anonymousreply 260August 26, 2021 6:27 PM

Because Howard never gets out of the house, r260

by Anonymousreply 261August 27, 2021 3:30 PM

No, he does. He does a lot in Palm Beach. I don’t think paparazzi is allowed there.

by Anonymousreply 262August 27, 2021 4:04 PM

The show went to shit when Howard convinced himself he was a brilliant interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 263August 27, 2021 4:12 PM

he says all the time how he goes to central park even during the pandemic... is he lying if he is really in florida?

by Anonymousreply 264August 27, 2021 5:31 PM

Ronnie was a big reason that I started listening less - that nasty old creep and his sex talk was nauseating. If it's true that Ronnie is really, finally gone, I may listen to the show on their first day back just to see how they handle it. Will Howard get choked up that his longtime colleague is gone? Will he get maudlin because the realization that they are now all old farts sink in? Will he still be ranting about masks and the unvaccinated? Will Robin still chuckle like a robot?

There will be a lot of "catching up" stories from all of the staff and the Wack Pack, but the thought of hearing Mariann from Bklyn yelling or Jeff the Drunk whining just doesn't hit anymore. Depending on the flavor of the first show back from hiatus will determine if I even bother doing the random download just to see if any of the old spark is there.

by Anonymousreply 265August 27, 2021 9:33 PM

Returning to live shows on September 7.

by Anonymousreply 266September 3, 2021 4:46 AM

Howard’s summer of Celebrity A List gatherings will not be discussed since it includes travel and hanging with Hamptons elite like the fake Spaniard Baldwinito Baby Factory and her dry drunk gay bashing husband, Alec.

by Anonymousreply 267September 3, 2021 12:17 PM

Ronnie will still be on the show. He's been on it remotely for well over a year. Rumor the s that many shows are now pretaped in the afternoon, so Ronnie won't have to get up early.

I doubt Howard left his home too often in the past couple months. Howard hasn't been in NYC in over a year.

by Anonymousreply 268September 3, 2021 12:57 PM

What about his parents?

Christ, they are practically 100 years old.

by Anonymousreply 269September 3, 2021 3:12 PM

All those interviews they have planned surely have been pre-taped. He was already doing that before the break.

At this point I wonder why they even bother. 4 years and a half to go...

by Anonymousreply 270September 3, 2021 3:59 PM

I read this on a HS Youtube page, so who knows how true it is, but it sounds like something old Howie would do: [quote]"When Ronnie moved to Las Vegas a month ago he wouldn't even meet with him to say goodbye. And then when Robin agreed to meet Ronnie to say goodbyes, Howard chastised her and talked her out of it".

by Anonymousreply 271September 7, 2021 2:04 AM

Just turned the show on...anddddd back off again.

Fuckin' Ronnie Mund.

Why not just reclassify the stations as RONNIE 100 and MUND 101?

by Anonymousreply 272September 7, 2021 12:43 PM

The show is fucking horrible. Just pure garbage. A bunch of near septuagenarians sitting around having a meandering conversation. I can't fucking stand Ronnie's voice. He sounds like he's a little 85 year old man. Howard has a weird sound thing going on with his teeth. Robin is just kinda out of it.

They shouldn't have re-signed. I can't imagine how this show will be four years from now.

by Anonymousreply 273September 7, 2021 3:24 PM

I can....

All Ronnie, All The Time

by Anonymousreply 274September 7, 2021 3:32 PM

He actually has guests sitting in his studio in NY, interviewing from home. What the fuck is going on ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275September 9, 2021 3:16 PM

Listening to this now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276September 9, 2021 3:32 PM

I checked Marksfriggin site today (9/20) to see if anything interesting happened -- saw they're previewing something called "Moron Island". Could this finally be a decently funny bit that will feel like the old days? If anyone listened today, what is this about and did it sound like it may be entertaining?

by Anonymousreply 277September 21, 2021 2:15 AM

r246 where is Robyn going to go? She can't because of Covid. Why not collect a big check and when she can go travel.

by Anonymousreply 278September 21, 2021 2:45 AM

Is it still the Ronnie Mund show?

by Anonymousreply 279September 23, 2021 1:52 PM

Yup

by Anonymousreply 280September 23, 2021 4:53 PM

Unfortunately, yes R279. They're calling him and still letting him be part of the show because they have airtime to fill and will use anything to stretch out the tedium. I didn't listen but I saw on a forum that they even had Jimmy Kimmel checking in with Ronnie, and put that crap on the air too

by Anonymousreply 281September 23, 2021 6:38 PM

How did Ronnie gain so much power over the likes of Shuli, Sal and Richard?

Strange.

by Anonymousreply 282September 24, 2021 3:31 PM

Simce there are a lot of Howard Fans here - WHET to the singing psychic? She was insane but funny as fuck Oh yeah, a plane is going to crash yeah yeah,"

by Anonymousreply 283September 26, 2021 2:09 PM

I think the Singing Psychic died.

by Anonymousreply 284September 27, 2021 7:29 PM

I thought his interview with Mick Jagger would be so interesting, but it was a bore. Many interviews with c-list celebrities have been much more entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 285October 1, 2021 1:33 AM

I stopped listening in January 2020 . The show was getting monotonous and it was so negative. The only enjoyable part was when he would imitate his parents. Wonder how they are doing in the COVID era?

by Anonymousreply 286October 1, 2021 2:13 AM

r286 lol his parents?? He is a complete yinta (sp) about Covid.

by Anonymousreply 287October 1, 2021 2:17 AM

Well he still is. He made a fuss on his show this week about Beth wanting to have lunch with a friend outdoors (the horror). He even brought her on the air to try to get Robin to change her mind. It's a mental illness at this point. They're both vaccinated and she wants to eat a meal outside and he gives her grief about it. At some point she said you never want to get house of the house again. She knows she's stuck with Howard Hughes now.

by Anonymousreply 288October 1, 2021 3:47 PM

I wondered if Beth is planning an exit strategy after that.

by Anonymousreply 289October 1, 2021 3:50 PM

At this point, Beth just needs to live her life instead of letting Mr Cowardly Lion rule her actions. I believe that Howard ain't divorcing her at this point, he's too old/scared to be alone and can't go searching for the next floozy if he's too afraid to leave his house. Even if they did split up, she can soak him for enough to board all the cats she wants. Even with a pre-nup, I gotta think she'll be okay.

by Anonymousreply 290October 1, 2021 6:00 PM

She must be miserable in this marriage. Howard is literally always around she gets no break from him anymore. He berates her on their "daily walks" for not wearing a mask properly. She's the caretaker of an elderly man with out-of-control OCD. Dreadful

And why the hell did Sirius re-signed him ? The show is seriously abysmal. The interview with Jagger was horrendous. Mick couldn't wait to GTFO. When asked if he'll do another interview with him he said "we'll see". Embarassing.

by Anonymousreply 291October 1, 2021 6:22 PM

And given his parents’ ages, chances are Howard will be alive for another 30 years. She’s stuck for a long time still, she better make a plan soon.

by Anonymousreply 292October 1, 2021 7:17 PM

R291 Stern has conducted good interviews recently. I wonder why the Jagger interview was so boring. Was Stern actually star-struck? Lack of preparation despite his claims?

by Anonymousreply 293October 2, 2021 1:32 AM

He also chocked on the awful Robert Plant interview at the time. He only got the reputation of being a good interviewer because he'd manipulate female guests into revealing personal or sexual stuff. As soon as he interviews someone he regards as an equal or superior to him his incompetence shows. He's the guy who asks every actor if they get boners during love scenes, and every musician if they "remember" they biggest hits. He's a hack.

by Anonymousreply 294October 2, 2021 10:44 AM

*their

by Anonymousreply 295October 2, 2021 10:45 AM

He also has this obsession with projecting his own Daddy issues on a lot of the people he interviews.

by Anonymousreply 296October 2, 2021 2:24 PM

I'd love to see how many people dropped their subscriptions after Howard abandoned his show for 3 months. On top of that move, and after having the whole summer off, he comes back for 2-3 weeks and has taken off AGAIN -- this week is "vacation reruns".

He gives no fucks anymore about his audience, which amuses me after seeing that leaked video of him haranguing his staff to work harder, to get better guests, come up with more skits, on the threat of losing their jobs. Go to sleep, Howie.

by Anonymousreply 297October 12, 2021 8:05 PM

My jump the shark moment: During the Jagger interview, (unless I mis-heard) Howard was yammering about how the Stones were exciting and the Beatles were boring. This from a guy couldn’t blow McCartney on-air often enough? Curious about Sir Paul’s thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 298October 12, 2021 8:28 PM

When they came back from the summer, do they still start at 7am or are they doing the afternoon thing now?

by Anonymousreply 299October 12, 2021 10:02 PM

R298 I don't think that's a fair depiction of what Howard said. He was saying it was a novelty for a rock act when Jagger was dancing around because all the acts before them, including the Beatles, would stay in one place, play and sing. He didn't say "The Beatles are boring!"

by Anonymousreply 300October 13, 2021 2:04 AM

Howard acts like he knows about music yet he can't say Bowie's name properly. And he kept saying "John Bonzo Bonham" like they do in print. So embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 301October 13, 2021 3:20 PM

Somehow, the show is getting worse as weeks go by. It's actually now shockingly bad.

by Anonymousreply 302November 16, 2021 3:07 PM

I would still do Fred. In a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 303November 16, 2021 3:09 PM

[quote]Somehow, the show is getting worse as weeks go by. It's actually now shockingly bad.

Yes, it's become apparent that no one working in this show cares any more about quality. They're now short-timers, running down the clock to collect their pay.

by Anonymousreply 304November 16, 2021 3:59 PM

I haven't listened since spring of this year - stopped right before the long summer hiatus the show took, and just never was motivated to start again. I do still check the Marks Friggin site each week just to see if something interesting went down. Nope. The lineup of recent guests have been snore-worthy (Paul McCartney AGAIN, Kristin Stewart, Emily Ratajowski). I also see increased inclusion of the Wackpacker brigade to fill time - they had that guy Jeff who loves vomit on twice and that nauseating Debbie woman who loves cum and solicits it from random men. They also dug up the annoying John the Stutterer (who is different than Stuttering John) and gave Bobo more airtime. I also see that they're going off the rails with "fake" celebrities calling in - they have someone doing voices for Seth Rogan, Whoopie Goldberg, Gene Simmons and Greta Thunberg... all in the last 3-4 days. Yeesh.

There was one thing I saw on the lineup that I wanted to listen to - Howard discussing the show "I Am Jazz" because he had some funny opinions on it in the past.

by Anonymousreply 305November 16, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote] There was one thing I saw on the lineup that I wanted to listen to - Howard discussing the show "I Am Jazz" because he had some funny opinions on it in the past.

Longtime listener here, and still am. Howard still kills it for me when he is riffing on what tv he is watching. As a DWtS and RHoBH viewer, he has pretty humorous and perceptive takes on those shows. He still has a witty sense of humor, but the staged bits with the 2nd rate celeb impressions are very tired to me.

by Anonymousreply 306November 16, 2021 7:13 PM

Maybe deep down, I'm still a 12-year-old, but the fake Greta Thunberg makes me laugh out loud.

I know - HOW DARE YOU!

by Anonymousreply 307November 16, 2021 7:25 PM

R307 The Greta "blah, blah, blah" song was funny, but so much filler to endure for the sparse laughs.

by Anonymousreply 308November 16, 2021 8:22 PM

So they've cooled it with the Ronnie bullshit at least?

by Anonymousreply 309November 16, 2021 9:02 PM

r307

100% agreed

by Anonymousreply 310November 16, 2021 9:26 PM

The show stinks on ice. And I've literally been listening for 40 years now.

by Anonymousreply 311November 18, 2021 5:37 AM

[quote] [R300] I don't think that's a fair depiction of what Howard said. He was saying it was a novelty for a rock act when Jagger was dancing around because all the acts before them, including the Beatles, would stay in one place, play and sing. He didn't say "The Beatles are boring!"

The way it phrased, it sounded like Howard was saying it. Below is a link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312November 18, 2021 6:41 AM

Howard was live today, crowing that they're working Thanksgiving week, "for the fans". He even had some of his staff do the fake phone-in, pretending to be some Sirius higher-ups who are spending Tgiving week in the Caribbean for the holiday, but HE'S putting in the hours for the loyal listeners.

This clown is not fooling me - he has to make up for the days they took off over the summer. He's trying to make out like he has actual feelings for the fools still paying for Sirius. You just know he's miserable.

by Anonymousreply 313November 22, 2021 11:24 PM

r313

they are doing what they are contracted to do, I think it was 110 days a year

by Anonymousreply 314November 22, 2021 11:27 PM

Like most obscenely rich people, he MUST accumulate MORE money. They never have enough money.

by Anonymousreply 315November 23, 2021 1:24 PM

were they live today??

by Anonymousreply 316November 23, 2021 8:59 PM

I had to listen today after seeing that Howard talked on his views on the show "I Am Jazz". I like to hear his discussions of TV and movies, so I checked it out for the LOLs. He has mentioned that he likes the show and gives Jazz kudos for being "strong enough" to get the surgery and go public with her life. He feels that everyone should live the way they want to and Jazz stood up for what she believes in. He's dismayed at Jazz's 100lb weight gain because we all know Howard has body issues for himself and everyone else.

He's really looking forward to see Jazz's brothers new romance with a trans woman, which is a subplot for this season. Howard half seriously thinks that the weight gain and trans dating were cooked up to keep the family on TV, and I agree. He talked about his love of the Discovery channels shows with grossly overweight people and his discovery an Amazon series that is following another trans person called "Always Jane". I may have to check that out now.

by Anonymousreply 317December 2, 2021 7:01 PM

On vacation AGAIN this week.

by Anonymousreply 318December 6, 2021 7:36 PM

R318 Yes,! It's pushing me closer to not renewing when the time comes. Maybe it's time to move on -- for me and for the show. Stern is becoming Imus.

by Anonymousreply 319December 6, 2021 8:29 PM

Have been a listener since the 90's but am getting bored with the show. Tired of interviews with musicians I've never heard of. No Beetlejuice. No Alice. Too much Ronnie sex talk. Chris Wilding's gay sex stories are amusing but go on too long. Is there a picture of this Panamanian doctor anywhere who is plugging him regularly. Richard can be annoying and someone needs to tell him his "Ethel" sounds just like his "Rusty" in the phony phone calls. Are they back in the studio yet? The parents are apparently still alive but never on the air. The father has had a few strokes so he won't be on but what about Ray Stern? Of course, Howard's imitation of them is pretty funny. Need more Fred and his uncut wang. It just sounds like they are bored and staying on for the money. But I will keep listening. More Wendy and living in her van in the Cracker Barrel parking lot!

by Anonymousreply 320December 12, 2021 2:14 PM

They brought back BEETLEJUICE after a 5 year absence as a "last week before Xmas vacation" surprise. He's as out of it as usual, and sounds a little different because he only has three teeth left and when Howard asked him how old he is now, his answer was "I'm 80 years old".

They got him to reveal that he now has a pacemaker, he now lives with his sister. The rest of the interview was basic Beet rambling and then they did a plug for some ripoff crap called "Beetcoin" that is for sale. I got completely turned off after a while because Howard kept asking how much p#ssy Beet is getting these days.

by Anonymousreply 321December 15, 2021 2:33 AM

What a fucking moron

by Anonymousreply 322December 15, 2021 5:38 AM

The Beet interview after 5 years was amusing. Still crazy. Heard today that Chris Wilding broke up with the doctor from Panama. Too much butt action or not enough? So many amusing characters are no longer part of the show, like Crazy Alice, Wendy, Gary the Conqueror, Debbie the Pet Lady (I guess she got more psycho than allowed and threatened people), and Beetlejuice. Nothing lasts forever and this is no exception. Howard's trophy wife Beth is turning 50 and Howard will be 69 this year. Catching up on Ronnie. Never hear about wife #1 who was such a big deal in his movie. I think I read she married another very rich guy soon after the divorce from which I'm sure she walked away with a lot of $$$. Anyone know someone who has been with Chris Wilding? Wonder if he is a nice guy or a complete diva a-hole because of being on Stern show. Need more real George Takei, not just the fake one. The new routine of the door opening when the fake celebrities appear is so cliched and ironic that Stern uses this tired gimmick that was used by all the "Zoo" DJ's he used to mock.

by Anonymousreply 323January 4, 2022 2:33 PM

Yesterday, Howard was railing against Steve Perry from Journey. He never said exactly why.

He told the story on air maybe 35 years ago. Howard was a young DJ in Detroit introducing Journey at a concert. He was milling about backstage, waiting to go on, when Steve Perry spotted him for the first time. Steve Perry said "Heeeey! Big Bird!!!!" 100% true. Funny that Howard no longer tells that story.

by Anonymousreply 324January 4, 2022 3:01 PM

Any pic of wildling’s ex?

by Anonymousreply 325January 5, 2022 10:42 AM

....anddddd time to shut the show off....

Ronnie Mund on discussing Apples.

by Anonymousreply 326January 5, 2022 1:14 PM

Marfan Mike passed away.

Too bad it couldn't have been Ass Napkin Ed.

by Anonymousreply 327January 18, 2022 11:45 AM

or High Pitch Eric. I HATE that creep for his years of scamming people, then living off the government, to getting gastric bypass surgery on the taxpayer money. Now he's got fools paying him for making messages on Cameo and he flaunts the money he makes and forgetting all of the money he stole from folks over the years. Lucky for me I don't listen anymore and don't have to hear his sloppy lips flap and low IQ rambling.

by Anonymousreply 328January 18, 2022 5:57 PM

Hi Pitch was on this morning.

Debbie the Cum Lady desperately wants to blow him and finger his asshole.

She is paying his airfare down to Florida for this to happen. She even spoke of having him sit on her face.

by Anonymousreply 329January 18, 2022 8:44 PM

R329 Who's High Pitch?

by Anonymousreply 330January 18, 2022 8:50 PM

Howard's obsession with Wilding's sex life is bizarre. He want so far as to discuss, in detail, hygiene in the back area before engaging. I wanted to throw up. (Not because it was gay, because he got very graphic about having stomach issues. That would would gross me out even more with a str8 couple.)

by Anonymousreply 331January 18, 2022 8:53 PM

R329,

This is High Pitch Erik.

My apologies in advance...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332January 18, 2022 8:55 PM

R332 ha I know. I was doing "who's high pitch? This is Kelly clarkson"

by Anonymousreply 333January 18, 2022 9:02 PM

[quote] I was doing "who's high pitch? This is Kelly clarkson"

Speaking of Kelly Clarkson, she’s about one bag of Doritos away from looking like High Pitch Erik.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334January 18, 2022 11:13 PM

Woo Faaa

by Anonymousreply 335January 18, 2022 11:16 PM

Debbie the Cum Lady

She even blows male relatives because she is addicted to swallowing ejaculate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336January 19, 2022 12:36 AM

Now they are trying to see if she can blow High Pitch and make him come. Gross beyond gross.

by Anonymousreply 337January 21, 2022 2:16 PM

Fuckin' Ronnie Mund Monday.

by Anonymousreply 338February 7, 2022 1:58 PM

I love Howard but I couldn't listen to the Richard and hat talk... it just went on forever

by Anonymousreply 339February 8, 2022 12:14 AM

I was honestly hoping JD lost the best so he'd have to show his cock off to Richard. I think that would have been way more entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 340February 8, 2022 9:37 AM

The show made my stomach churn today. I'm utterly disgusted by the notion of Sal jerking off on that hat. Ugh. Had to shut it off. Does Howard honestly think that's the least bit entertaining or funny?

by Anonymousreply 341February 8, 2022 9:51 AM

R341 Exactly. This nonsense isn’t funny or interesting in any way. I drove my vehicle with the Satellite radio yesterday for the first time in months. I caught part of Stern’s show. It was just so stupid and prurient. Gross humor. Geeky adolescents with progeria.

by Anonymousreply 342February 8, 2022 1:13 PM

Before I stopped listening a few months ago, Sal seemed to have become some kind of spiritual pod person, talking about how seeing a certain bird means your dead relative is visiting you, and dimes on the street mean a dead loved one had tried to give you a sign, and he felt that positive thoughts and acts bring good karma. He talked again about levitating as a child and he believes the Long Island psychic really communicates with the dead.

He seemed to have reached a place where he dropped all the creepy and sleazy shenanigans he did in the past and wanted to live an enlightened lifestyle. Sounds like he's going back to "old" Sal. So I'm surprised to read that Sal is doing stunts like that again.... can someone explain exactly why he was doing that?

by Anonymousreply 343February 9, 2022 12:52 AM

A short video of a recent show popped up on Youtube, so I watched it. The show is now set up like a Zoom meeting - all of the staff sitting in their homes in front of a camera. Besides Howard, Robin and Fred, this show had Gary, Benjy, Jason, Richard, Sal, JD all onscreen looking like the beginning of The Brady Bunch, each in a square.

This made me think that the current setup of the show kind of sucks for the non-essential people - they are at home but have to sit in one spot for several hours on the off chance that Howard hits a button and wants to put them on camera. Even folks like Ronnie, Chris Wilding, etc. are at Howard's beck and call for the duration of the show. Well, it's a living.

by Anonymousreply 344February 10, 2022 5:53 PM

R344 It's called HAVING A JOB. They are well paid (for radio) employees. They are working during the show. They're not just sitting around. They're probably feeding Howard lines or funny comments to say in real time. Even if they're surfing the web, its probably along the lines of reading news for things to talk about on the show. Gary literally produces the show.

Benjy, Jason, Richard, Sal, JD, and Chris are all writers on the show. One thing that the Stern crew never talks about is the work that goes into it and what they do for Howard in terms of writing for him. They'll never discuss "I gave you a funny line and you used it / ignored it".

They're not just sitting around waiting for a moment on camera (for the very few hours per week that Stern actually records shows). But they do compete for attention and do try to mix it up. Stern likes employees to fight with each other on air. It's kind of Trumpian the way he behaves in terms of staff.

by Anonymousreply 345February 10, 2022 8:15 PM

^Hi Jason!

by Anonymousreply 346February 10, 2022 9:04 PM

R346 I have a bunch of pet peeves about this site, but up there is the immediate comments like that. I'm just a listener who has some entertainment experience and took the time to correct some bullshit assumptions people were making.

by Anonymousreply 347February 11, 2022 5:07 AM

Big deal that they have to be "on call" for a few hours a day, a few days a week, a few weeks a month.

And yeah the Hi Jason troll is ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 348February 12, 2022 12:17 AM

Was he off his week due to his mom?

by Anonymousreply 349March 11, 2022 9:21 PM

[quote] Was he off his week due to his mom?

I suppose it's possible but it was obvious based on things that he said on his show the prior week that this week was going to be a vacation week.

by Anonymousreply 350March 11, 2022 9:28 PM

Another vacation?

by Anonymousreply 351March 15, 2022 4:22 PM

It’s been two weeks, I am wondering if his mother croaked.

by Anonymousreply 352March 15, 2022 5:10 PM

The evil is in the hair.

by Anonymousreply 353March 15, 2022 5:18 PM

Howard Stern got old.

Enjoy whatever of him you can, OP.

by Anonymousreply 354March 15, 2022 5:33 PM

R352 He took these same two weeks off last year. It's a predetermined vacation.

by Anonymousreply 355March 15, 2022 5:48 PM

Did anyone hear the Molly Shannon interview? I'm curious if Howard is live in the studio or if he's still remote. I saw a clip on social media and it looked like a really good interview.

by Anonymousreply 356April 13, 2022 11:33 PM

His dad is still alive? He’s 99 this summer.

by Anonymousreply 357April 13, 2022 11:42 PM

THey are still remote. HIs mom is not doing well but his dad is doing as well as he can

by Anonymousreply 358April 13, 2022 11:46 PM

I haven't listened often this week but I guess they are on vacation again?

by Anonymousreply 359April 21, 2022 11:59 PM

He is always on vacation around Easter. He is still working from remote.

by Anonymousreply 360April 22, 2022 10:19 PM

Oh, wow, R356. I don't listen to Howard anymore, but I just read the bit about her father. Closeted alcoholic. Holy shit.

by Anonymousreply 361April 22, 2022 10:27 PM

I recently dropped Stern from my Sirius package. Too boring and lazy now. They dropped the news segment. Anything noteworthy will be on YouTube anyway.

by Anonymousreply 362April 22, 2022 10:38 PM

Gary is such a great sports radio host.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363August 7, 2022 2:24 AM

Sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364August 12, 2022 10:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!