Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CNN/MSNBC legal analyst Midwin Charles has died

I'm really shocked. She was young. I enjoyed listening to her on a range of serious legal topics on news panels. She also appeared on the Wendy Williams show talking about legal issues celebs faced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 12, 2021 5:36 PM

Wow.

I was just watching her very recently on MSNBC. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2021 3:51 AM

She stopped living.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2021 3:53 AM

R1 no cause of death has been mentioned by her family and so far no reporting.

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 3:53 AM

RIP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 3:55 AM

For a second I thought it might have been the British woman who has been on Wendy's show. But evidently it's not. I don't recognize Midwin. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 3:56 AM

love this pic she posted less than 2 months ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 3:56 AM

Internal bleeding related to a procedure performed in February, apparently. Reports that doctors ignored self-reports of pain.

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 4:26 AM

Sad. She was very pretty. And so young.

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 4:37 AM

Are you serious r7? That's awful, if true. Women in general, but especially black women, often have their medical issues or complaints of pain ignored by doctors. This won't help that impression.

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2021 4:53 AM

One less lawyer in this country. That's good news.

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2021 4:55 AM

Midwin?

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2021 4:57 AM

She was on Wendy after the election, and annihilated Trump (along with her staffers). RIP Midwin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2021 8:08 AM

had no idea she was 47. She looked no more than 35.

so sad. Smart, successful, beautiful and reading on twitter a lot of people say she was kind too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2021 9:34 AM

According to her Instagram, she was vaccinated in March 1st. She would have been due for her second vaccine three weeks later, and on March 19th she posted that she wasn't feeling well. Her last post on Twitter was March 24th. I wonder if she got her second vaccine around that time.

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2021 10:47 AM

^ *on* March 1st.

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2021 10:48 AM

Wow this sucks! RIP

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2021 11:20 AM

It wasn't the vaccine and I'm sick of the anti-vaxxers claiming everyone who dies secretly died because of vaccination.

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2021 11:24 AM

R10 types unlettered and should stop existing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2021 11:29 AM

Very sad, especially if true that doctors ignored her pain post procedure.

I watched so much MSNBC, and enjoy legal analysts, but I just can’t place her.

RIP.

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2021 11:33 AM

Damn, I hate to hear this. I really liked her. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2021 12:02 PM

I'm not an anti-vaxxer, R17. The timing makes me wonder (she was due for her 2nd shot around the time she died), as does the fact that she was healthy days before. I don't find the explanation at R7 reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2021 12:34 PM

Her last IG live was March 12th and last TV appearance was the 14th, R21. That's too long for her to have gotten ill from the first Pfizer shot (especially since she looked fine for two weeks after getting that shot) and well before she would have gotten the second Pfizer shot.

It had nothing to do with the vaccine, but people like you are trying it.

by Anonymousreply 22April 7, 2021 12:44 PM

R22, when the damage the vaccine does finally comes out to the public, are you going to repair it?

by Anonymousreply 23April 7, 2021 12:56 PM

Are you privy to some super-secret vaccine data the public isn't, R23?

by Anonymousreply 24April 7, 2021 12:58 PM

Dear Armchair DL Physicians: stop trying to make this be in ANY way related to the vaccine.

Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 25April 7, 2021 1:00 PM

R22, she tweeted on March 24th, and her last Instagram post was March 19th. She would have been scheduled for her 2nd Pfizer shot 3 weeks from her first shot on March 1st, so somewhere around March 21st. (Also, she seemed very happy and well on March 15th when she tweeted about her mother.)

by Anonymousreply 26April 7, 2021 1:04 PM

This is so terribly sad. She was beautiful, highly intelligent and so young. How devastating for her family. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 27April 7, 2021 1:04 PM

Was she gay?

by Anonymousreply 28April 7, 2021 1:05 PM

[quote]she tweeted on March 24th

Well then the Pfizer vaccine must be responsible for her death, so glad you cracked the case, Nancy Moo.

by Anonymousreply 29April 7, 2021 1:34 PM

The fact of the matter is we don’t know the long term effects of the vaccine. It’s not FDA approved and you sign a waver saying that if it kills you you can’t sue. That doesn’t mean she or anyone has died from it for sure but they could. We won’t know until years down the line. We simply weigh the benefits vs the risks and getting Covid and shutting down the economy has deemed the vaccine worth the risk.

by Anonymousreply 30April 7, 2021 4:36 PM

And BTW, gays who lived through the AIDS crisis are right to question medical treatment. They know first hand how supposed good treatments can kill you.

by Anonymousreply 31April 7, 2021 4:37 PM

clearly she had an underlying health issue. It's beyond crazy to blame the vaccine

by Anonymousreply 32April 7, 2021 7:01 PM

She tweeted that she was asthmatic and she wanted to get an Epi-pen to take with her for her first shot, but insurance wouldn't pay for it so she had to pay out of pocket. She also apparently recently had some surgery, though I couldn't find much about that.

Midwin advocated for the vaccine for months, which is why the anti-vaxxer conspiracists want her to have died from it, they're just itching to be able to say "I told you so" to a dead woman. It's messed up.

by Anonymousreply 33April 7, 2021 7:23 PM

At least with her eyes closed we won't have those crossed-eyes to upset us any more. Therefore

RIP.

But sudden deaths need to have the cause or suspected cause announced or people wonder. Since the "Esquire" lived as a media "analyst," the family is just keeping the media bullshit going.

Midwin. Such a difficult name, that.

by Anonymousreply 34April 7, 2021 7:31 PM

You are an ugly person, R34.

by Anonymousreply 35April 7, 2021 7:33 PM

Procedures are usually cosmetic but it could have been a colonoscopy. One of the risks is a perforated bowel. Or it might be lipo.

by Anonymousreply 36April 7, 2021 11:56 PM

I teared-up when her death was announced this morning--the sudden loss of such a beautiful, brilliant, poised and accomplished person leaves me shaking my head in grief.

Rest in peace, Ms. Charles.

by Anonymousreply 37April 8, 2021 12:13 AM

R32, so you know the vaccine is 100% safe and you will personally vouch for what's inside the vaccine?

by Anonymousreply 38April 8, 2021 5:11 AM

[quote]It's beyond crazy to blame the vaccine

I think it's irresponsible not to consider it.

by Anonymousreply 39April 8, 2021 5:21 AM

“Midwin” is one of the oddest first names I think I’ve ever seen. Reminds me of “midwife”. I wonder what the story is.

She was much too young to die. May she rest in peace.

by Anonymousreply 40April 8, 2021 11:26 AM

R40 Midwin sounds (Haitian) Creole, so my guess is her family origins are from Haiti.

by Anonymousreply 41April 8, 2021 1:59 PM

Suicide?

by Anonymousreply 42April 8, 2021 2:04 PM

Yes - she's first or second generation Haitian.

And it's better than Apple or Peaches (as a first name) - jmho

by Anonymousreply 43April 8, 2021 2:12 PM

So there is speculation she died just after getting the jab.

by Anonymousreply 44April 11, 2021 12:56 AM

Has anything related to cause of death been released? I'm genuinely curious whether it was complications from vaccination. Blood clot?

by Anonymousreply 45April 12, 2021 5:17 PM

I haven’t heard of her but Midwin is a lovely name. I’ve never seen it before.

by Anonymousreply 46April 12, 2021 5:32 PM

Very sad what happened to her. I hope her family get through this. I really hope it wasn't the experimental medical treatment, but I get the feeling it was.

by Anonymousreply 47April 12, 2021 5:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!