Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fox News’ Comedy Show ‘Gutfeld!’ Debuts To 1.69 Million Viewers, Winning Time Slot Over Cable News Rivals

Greg Gutfeld’s Gutfeld!, billed as a Fox News Channel alternative to late-night comedy, debuted to 1.69 million viewers and 318,000 in the adults 25-54 demographic.

That was enough to beat its cable news rivals at 11 p.m. ET, according to Nielsen numbers released by Fox News. MSNBC’s The 11th Hour with Brian Williams had 1.21 million viewers and 183,000 in the 25-54 demo, while CNN Tonight with Don Lemon posted 678,000 and 190,000 in the 25-54 demo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 23, 2021 3:19 AM

If Amway sold comedy.

by Anonymousreply 1April 6, 2021 11:49 PM

Gutfeld is OK but Tucker also does funny social commentary.

by Anonymousreply 2April 6, 2021 11:52 PM

Why does his show logo look like the Garfield cartoon series from the 80's.

Oh and his show is painfully unfunny. Whoever's writing that shit needs to be hung from the gallows those FOX brainwashed traitors put up outside the Capitol on 1/6

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 3:06 AM

I wonder if Gutfeld will do the typical Fox thing of hiring a fake Democrat to guest star and defend liberal policies in the most wan and pathetic way possible. Like that pea brained piece of shit Bob Beckel.

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 3:21 AM

It’s so bad, and yes, painful. I tuned in out of curiosity, but that’s it. I don’t know how anyone can watch this shit.

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 3:24 AM

I suspect a lot of people hate watched this shit. I actually know conservatives who are not completely devoid of all humor. But somehow, set up a camera, call it a conservative humor show, and it all just completely dies, every time.

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 3:25 AM

what is it about wingnuts? I mean, even though I probably agree with some of it and get it, I still know that woke culture is annoying and ridiculous as often as not. But somehow tell a wingnut to make fun of it and they will fuck it up, somehow.

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 3:33 AM

He’s a funny guy. I haven’t seen this new show yet.

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 3:35 AM

Your first sentence proves your second, r8

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2021 3:37 AM

I went to take a look at it right now, but when I did, the first thing I saw was Eric Trump on the show. That’s just sad.

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2021 3:40 AM

Not cute. Not gay. Not interested.

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2021 3:40 AM

Are you sure, R11? He pings to me.

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2021 3:42 AM

Guess they can't celebrate at The Mortimor Club.

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2021 3:43 AM

I'm gonna take a wild guess that this "comedian" didn't take the invitation to make fun of failson r10.

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2021 3:44 AM

Failson?

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2021 5:21 AM

God awful.

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2021 5:25 AM

I agree with him a lot of the time but don’t find him especially funny. The skits are mostly cringeworthy. Tucker though does make me laugh out loud on many occasions even though the subjects he talks about are depressing.

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2021 5:46 AM

[quote]Failson?

I'm guessing it's a variation on Carlson, as in Tucker.

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2021 5:54 AM

How many viewers does Colbert, Kimmell and Fallon get?

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2021 6:04 AM

Oppressor classes are not funny. Humor is only funny when being used as a weapon against them.

by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2021 6:06 AM

Watched it with an open mind. Terrible writing and everyone on the show knew it.

by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2021 6:11 AM

The weirdest thing about this guy is that he went to Berkeley and spent 20 years as EIC of various men's magazines in the US and UK. Bizarre that he should end up on Fox.

by Anonymousreply 22April 7, 2021 6:12 AM

That's because being ciswhite and cismale by definition makes you a deplorable, and loving ciswhite cismales while being one makes you twice as deplorable. In fact, nothing is more deplorable than a ciswhite cisgay.

by Anonymousreply 23April 7, 2021 6:15 AM

It is the same show he has done on the weekends for years. He gets higher ratings there than all the other late night hosts but that was just once a week. We'll see if he can pull it off 5 nights a week.

He had that other really late night show Red Eye which was actually quite enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 24April 7, 2021 6:16 AM

It's Gutfeld with and exclamation point.

Like Liza!

by Anonymousreply 25April 7, 2021 6:23 AM

All the other hosts are tired and have been around forever. People probably are curious to see someone new in that timeslot.

by Anonymousreply 26April 7, 2021 8:47 AM

Conservatives suck at comedy

by Anonymousreply 27April 7, 2021 8:47 AM

"The 1/2 Hour News Hour" from Fox was awful, but started out pretty well too before fading away to cancelation.

by Anonymousreply 28April 7, 2021 8:57 AM

Where are all these RWNJs coming from?!? GTFO and take your Faux News “talent” with you. Sweet Jaysus what is DL coming to?

by Anonymousreply 29April 7, 2021 8:57 AM

He's not a Republican, he's a Libertarian. He was raised Catholic but is essentially an atheist now. He sounds very much like Bill Maher but I haven't seen Gutfeld yet, but I want to check it out.

Do you think we'll ever have a third political party? I'm progressive and would never vote for a Republican, but I'd be open to voting Libertarian.

by Anonymousreply 30April 7, 2021 9:44 AM

Has anyone watched his "comedy" show The Greg Gutfield Show on Fox News before? Holy fuck.

Most of the jokes equate to the term "woke" or the premise of "owing liberals". None of it was funny in any way. I thought it might be an interesting, informative and funny way of getting a balanced both sides view. Boy was I wrong - it was super awkward, the tiny audience made up of really old people didn't laugh, watching it was uncomfortable and stretched out. There were no decent guests booked. I gave up after a few times. I would have watched it if it was witty. But apparently he did better with it than Colbert and Kimmel according to Wikipedia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 7, 2021 10:15 AM

"owing liberals" = owning liberals I meant.

by Anonymousreply 32April 7, 2021 10:18 AM

[quote] Do you think we'll ever have a third political party? I'm progressive and would never vote for a Republican, but I'd be open to voting Libertarian.

Could you provide some examples of your position on several specific political issues? That would make it easier to understand what would make sense for you.

by Anonymousreply 33April 7, 2021 12:54 PM

One of the MSNBC hosts (Chris?) tweeted the video. I didn’t know who he was and (curiously) there was no network logo on the screen, so I watched a bit. Bad. Lasted 5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 34April 7, 2021 5:14 PM

r31 his audience wasn't all old people. He has a surprisingly strong following among young people. And they don't show the audience so I'm not sure how you could tell the age. His ratings on Saturday Night were hire than any of the late night hosts during the week.

He doesn't have celebrity guests really. He has a stock group of people that come on mostly conservative pundits and then a few stand up comics.

by Anonymousreply 35April 7, 2021 7:52 PM

So funny! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 36April 7, 2021 7:55 PM

I don't think he tries to be funny. It is more like political rants. He doesn't really tell jokes.

by Anonymousreply 37April 7, 2021 7:58 PM

I've seen several clips on Twitter now and it is really staggeringly, mesmerizingly bad. It's like a trainwreck you can't look away from.

NB that I'm not saying this because of politics - I'm pretty much a non-partisan centrist, and as open to right-wing satire as I am to left-wing satire. But this is just abysmal comedy. It's hard to believe there were any professionals involved with it.

(Gutfeld wasn't always this bad, was he? Wasn't Red Eye a decent, professional show?)

by Anonymousreply 38April 7, 2021 8:22 PM

Kimberly Guilfoyle is funnier.

by Anonymousreply 39April 7, 2021 8:36 PM

Someone give Kimberly a show!

by Anonymousreply 40April 7, 2021 8:42 PM

Makes Chevy Chase's show look brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 41April 7, 2021 9:59 PM

Adding an exclamation point in the show title is a surefire way to cancelled quickly.

by Anonymousreply 42April 7, 2021 11:44 PM

r38 it is the exact same show he has been doing to success on Sat. nights. He has a built in audience.

by Anonymousreply 43April 8, 2021 12:12 AM

[quote] He has a built in audience.

Once a week.

by Anonymousreply 44April 8, 2021 12:34 PM

He's been on The Five five days a week for a few years now.

His rants must be popular. The advertise them like coming up later in the show Greg will have a monologue. Seems that must keep viewers watching.

Accept it. The Fox News crowd likes him.

by Anonymousreply 45April 9, 2021 4:16 AM

[quote] Adding an exclamation point in the show title is a surefire way to cancelled quickly.

You're absolutely right about that.

by Anonymousreply 46April 9, 2021 4:17 AM

Conservatives just not funny.

by Anonymousreply 47April 9, 2021 4:23 AM

R47 is posting from Beijing.

by Anonymousreply 48April 9, 2021 4:24 AM

[quote] Adding an exclamation point in the show title is a surefire way to cancelled quickly.

Somebody go back in time and tell Rodgers and Hammerstein that so they can take it off of that little show of theirs set in a brand new state that's gonna treat you great.

by Anonymousreply 49April 9, 2021 4:30 AM

I didn't watch but a MIDGET doing comedy must be hilarious.....Did Gutfeld interview Gretchen Carlson?.....LoL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 9, 2021 4:31 AM

R46 and R49 are fails. Gimme A Break! was cancelled three years after Telma became a regular. And Oklahoma! is not a tv show.

by Anonymousreply 51April 9, 2021 4:35 AM

[quote] Gimme A Break! was cancelled three years after Telma became a regular.

After it had been on for six seasons, four of which she was a regular or recurring character. Three years isn't even quick anyway by any standard. The fail is yours. See also: [italic]What's Happening!![/italic] and [italic]What's Happening Now!![/italic]

[quote]And Oklahoma! is not a tv show.

You said "show," you didn't specify TV, so you're moving the goalposts. Once again, the fail is yours. See also: [italic]Oliver![/italic]

by Anonymousreply 52April 9, 2021 4:42 AM

Gutfeld is not funny at all.

Rethugs are mean and when they try to be funny it's grating and they quickly alienate each other.

Humor takes intelligence and they haven't got any.

Ratings will soon collapse and no one will remember this show existed by next year.

by Anonymousreply 53April 9, 2021 5:14 AM

Do we have fucking idiots on DL liking their own posts multiple times like R2 and R8 or do we sadly have more than two fucking idiots on DL?

by Anonymousreply 54April 9, 2021 5:19 AM

Fox ratings remain pretty consistent. There is a huge part of their audience that just watches it all day. They were afraid to fire Bill O'Reilly for years but once he was gone and Tucker Carlson picked up right where he left off it showed that it is the network people tune in for not necessarily the hosts.

by Anonymousreply 55April 9, 2021 5:20 AM

When did this show debut? Brian Williams have been off this week.

by Anonymousreply 56April 9, 2021 5:22 AM

has*

by Anonymousreply 57April 9, 2021 5:22 AM

Every time I went to my Grannys house she had FOX on all day.....I finally stopped visiting her...I figured Harris Faulkner could just take my place since Granny loved her so much...

by Anonymousreply 58April 9, 2021 5:45 AM

After giving his asshole hot take on the Chauvin verdict, he got owned by Fox News contributor Ted Williams, who told him he was "off his meds." He didn't like it. LOL

Surprisingly, Jeanine "Drinkie-Winkie" Pirro spoke up in favor of the verdict and told Gutfeld! he was wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 21, 2021 8:21 PM

It's painfully terrible.

Idiots will love it.

by Anonymousreply 60April 21, 2021 8:34 PM

[quote]He's not a Republican, he's a Libertarian.

Oh r30, you are just TOO CUTE!! Do you still believe in the Easter Bunny, too?

by Anonymousreply 61April 21, 2021 9:25 PM

How have the ratings been since the debut?

by Anonymousreply 62April 21, 2021 9:30 PM

R60, I wouldn't doubt your sentiment could also be heard among the higher ups at FOX.

by Anonymousreply 63April 21, 2021 9:32 PM

that Daily Beast article is kind of makes it sound much worse than it was.

He didn't implode. He just kind of mocked the guys. Why do they overstate it like that? It just encourages people like me to go look it up to see the fight.

by Anonymousreply 64April 21, 2021 9:34 PM

[quote]Surprisingly, Jeanine "Drinkie-Winkie" spoke up in favor of the verdict and told Gutfeld! he was wrong.

Although she can be looney, I was not surprised by that .

BTW: On Hannity, Pirro, Nancy Grace and Glen Beck all spoke in favor of the verdict as well as Hannity himself.

by Anonymousreply 65April 21, 2021 9:42 PM

Gutfeld said something like he was glad the verdicts were the way the were regardless of Chauvin's guilt or innocence so there wouldn't be riots. Dana Perrino and Judge Jeannine can be heard groaning oh no and stuff like that.

by Anonymousreply 66April 21, 2021 9:45 PM

When Jeanine Pirro finds you to be too much, you're pretty far gone.

by Anonymousreply 67April 21, 2021 10:20 PM

It's not competing with comedy shows in that time slot--beating Brian Williams (yawn) is pretty unremarkable.

by Anonymousreply 68April 21, 2021 10:31 PM

[quote] Surprisingly, Jeanine "Drinkie-Winkie" Pirro spoke up in favor of the verdict and told Gutfeld! he was wrong.

Pirro is a former judge and prosecutor and is hardcore and no-nonsense, so it wasn’t surprising to me at all that she agreed with the conviction. She had to school Gutfeld, who did seem like he was on something, about why he was wrong in saying that he was glad the verdict was guilty just so there would be less violence afterward. She said the system needs to do the right thing regardless of any fears.

by Anonymousreply 69April 21, 2021 10:49 PM

R24 Yes, Redeye was truly funny and they had a wide range of guests on the show. Gutfield was a good host. Once he left that show, he never hit it big. He liked to compare himself to Jon Stewart!

by Anonymousreply 70April 21, 2021 11:01 PM

So, is Gutfeld! is some kind of Real Time With Bill Maher rip off with panel discussions where the host interrupts his guest with punchline jokes every few seconds?

by Anonymousreply 71April 21, 2021 11:11 PM

So you've seen it, R71...

by Anonymousreply 72April 21, 2021 11:19 PM

[quote] He liked to compare himself to Jon Stewart!

Well, that's the first time he's ever made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 73April 22, 2021 1:51 AM

[quote] Once he left that show, he never hit it big

His Saturday night show was actually quite successful. Had higher ratings than all the weekly late night shows. I guess that is why they put him on 5 nights a week. We'll see if he can sustain it.

by Anonymousreply 74April 22, 2021 3:25 AM

R74 That Saturday show wasn't bad but Guttfeld is so taken with himself, he's hard to watch. Then I watched Watters and decided Gutfeld wasn't so bad in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 75April 22, 2021 6:26 PM

R75, there wasn't an infomercial for an airfryer you could watch instead of any shit on FOX?

by Anonymousreply 76April 22, 2021 6:37 PM

Gutfeld? Gutfeld? Oh, shit.

by Anonymousreply 77April 22, 2021 7:59 PM

R77, ironically, he's Catholic. I thought he was Jewish, too.

by Anonymousreply 78April 22, 2021 8:01 PM

R76 Mea culpa. I was trying to keep an open mind, however, it closed again shortly after viewing.

by Anonymousreply 79April 22, 2021 8:24 PM

It was a premiere; of course it’ll pull in curious viewers from both sides. Let’s see if it holds those numbers.

by Anonymousreply 80April 22, 2021 8:33 PM

If it's a comedy show then how can it be said to be beating "news rivals"?

by Anonymousreply 81April 22, 2021 8:36 PM

because it is on a news station and they compare Fox, CNN etc.

It's not really a comedy show. It's more of a panel show like The View or The Five with him throwing in a few jokes and sketches at times.

by Anonymousreply 82April 22, 2021 9:05 PM

Saw it. Wasn't too bad. R82 is right.

by Anonymousreply 83April 23, 2021 3:12 AM

They’re probably hoping that, now that democrats control the government, there will be a wave of support for a comedian satiring the power structure, the way Stewart, Colbert (twice), and Kimmel did.

The problem is, they’re not as funny as we are, and their viewers are not frustrated and scared, they’re in perma-rage mode due to the agit-prop their own network constantly feeds them. Not a recipe for socially relevant comedy news of the type Stewart did in the Bush 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 84April 23, 2021 3:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!