Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Arkansas legislators override veto, enact transgender youth treatment ban

Twitter is screaming that this will lead to trans youth suicides.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 7, 2021 7:46 PM

I am firmly against young people getting surgery to change their genders as I feel they are WAY too young to do something that drastic (and doctors who say otherwise are quacks), but this bill is a massive government overreach. And make no mistake about it, abortion will get wrapped into this.

by Anonymousreply 1April 6, 2021 10:08 PM

Have you read the bill r1? It’s actually fairly limited in its scope and thankfully does not apply to people with intersex conditions, something the trans have repeatedly hitched their wagons to to justify child transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 2April 6, 2021 10:14 PM

Told you they were going to do this

by Anonymousreply 3April 6, 2021 10:16 PM

R1 you are not making much sense.

by Anonymousreply 4April 6, 2021 10:25 PM

There are six states surrounding Arkansas, and forty-three beyond that, so a person in Arkansas would have plenty of options elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 5April 6, 2021 11:03 PM

OP must be an Arkansas Republican. This just proves that the anti-trans trolls here are GOP stooges

by Anonymousreply 6April 6, 2021 11:05 PM

Good for them! Children don’t have the emotional or intellectual ability to make those kinds of life changing decisions.

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 12:09 AM

Don’t they just give puberty blockers to trans kids? How is that surgery?

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 12:28 AM

Giving kids puberty blockers seems to me insane. Is this physically ok?

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2021 12:58 AM

[quote] Don’t they just give puberty blockers to trans kids? How is that surgery?

Puberty blockers, cross sex hormones, and yes, even cosmetic surgery. Girls as young as 15 can have their breasts removed in several states right now. Jazz Kennings has their penis removed at 17.

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2021 1:28 AM

Sorry *Jennings

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2021 1:29 AM

Many people who transition young grow to regret it. 60 Minutes was working on an in depth story into detransitioning but last I heard the tranny mob started to threaten and harass reporters so 60 minutes backed off

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2021 1:42 AM

[quote]Children don’t have the emotional or intellectual ability to make those kinds of life changing decisions.

I agree but I don't think it's the government's right to step in here which is exactly what the Governor was saying.

It also opens the door for them to stick their hands in other places they don't belong.

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2021 1:47 AM

Good for Arkansas.

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2021 1:49 AM

All the pro trans always say there's a teeny tiny portion of the population so why should you care? So how are they so powerful? The medical establishment that will make a fortune off of it?

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2021 1:49 AM

How dare those crackers interfere with our experimentation and amusement

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2021 1:58 AM

[quote] I agree but I don't think it's the government's right to step in here which is exactly what the Governor was saying. It also opens the door for them to stick their hands in other places they don't belong.

Do you think the government, whether on the state or federal level, should be able to ban or criminalize FGM?

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2021 2:24 AM

What happened to the accepted science that the brain doesn’t fully mature until age 25? I mean do you want the rest of your life to be based on a decision you made in middle school?

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2021 2:29 AM

[quote]I don't think it's the government's right to step in here

Do you think it’s wrong in all cases for the government to protect children from harm, or is it just in this one particular situation for which you don’t believe the government should protect kids?

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2021 4:20 AM

So Asa got to be a he-ro for 24 hrs.- knowing full well he'd be overridden. Such courage.

by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2021 4:39 AM

[quote]Do you think the government, whether on the state or federal level, should be able to ban or criminalize FGM?

There are zero physical or psychological benefits to it, women are often forced into it so it is not elective and it can lead to death or many other complications.

That's not the same thing and you know it.

Also it's already illegal in other countries.

It was illegal here in 1996, then someone challenged it and in 2018 it was decided it was an overreach and it should be left up to the states. 26 or so states have made it illegal.

by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2021 4:40 AM

There are other things we let adults do that we don't let children do. Why should this be any different?

by Anonymousreply 22April 7, 2021 4:43 AM

This will end in LITERAL VIOLENCE.

by Anonymousreply 23April 7, 2021 4:44 AM

Lots of people here cheering the arch-conservative klan types who just passed this law to “own the libs.” It would be really interesting to see who the cheerleader squad is. More than a few radfems cheering on the klansmen, I’d wager.

by Anonymousreply 24April 7, 2021 4:46 AM

This is saving gay and lesbian lives and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 25April 7, 2021 4:47 AM

NOTHING will increase the risk of youth suicide more than encouraging kids to threaten suicide if they don't get their way.

And that's exactly what the Trans Activists are doing.

by Anonymousreply 26April 7, 2021 5:33 AM

This is eugenics.

by Anonymousreply 27April 7, 2021 5:34 AM

R24 There is nothing - NOTHING - "progressive" about chemically/medically mutilating children to pander to their whim and fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 28April 7, 2021 5:55 AM

I believe most people, gay and straight, support laws banning transitioning until the person was 18, or even better, 21, with the exception of those born intersex. And I suspect most trans people are appalled by the stridency of the trans lobby on the issue. Protection of children is a keystone of law, so why would we not protect them from surgical mutilation until they are mature enough to decide for themselves?

by Anonymousreply 29April 7, 2021 6:03 AM

Who passed this bill into law, radfem at r27? You’re their ally now. Still want to support their next step — banning abortion?

by Anonymousreply 30April 7, 2021 6:05 AM

^^^ r28

by Anonymousreply 31April 7, 2021 6:06 AM

You really are stupid, R30, if you think any radfem supports banning abortion.

by Anonymousreply 32April 7, 2021 6:06 AM

R31 Attempting to connect two completely separate issues doesn't reiterate your point. It reiterates your stupidity and absence of clear thinking.

by Anonymousreply 33April 7, 2021 6:09 AM

Tucker annihilated the governor on his show. Hutchinson said he didn’t think the government should be involved in protecting children, but Tucker asked him why then are there so many age constraints on other activities, like smoking, drinking, getting married, having sex, etc. Hutchinson couldn’t provide an answer. It makes you wonder what Hutchinson’s real reason for vetoing the bill was, and why is he being so dishonest.

by Anonymousreply 34April 7, 2021 6:36 AM

You must be pretty stupid if Tucker Carlson is smarter than you.

by Anonymousreply 35April 7, 2021 6:42 AM

R24 is a misogynist for comparing radical feminists to the KKK.

by Anonymousreply 36April 7, 2021 6:42 AM

[quote] There are zero physical or psychological benefits to it, women are often forced into it so it is not elective and it can lead to death or many other complications. That's not the same thing and you know it.

There are zero physical of psychological benefits to providing an elective mastectomy to a 15 year old girl or chemically and physically castrating a 17 year old boy. It can lead to death or many other complications.

These practices are the same thing and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 37April 7, 2021 11:42 AM

R34 Because he knows it will pass anyway. By vetoing the bill, he can make it look like he is trying, and maybe states like California won’t boycott them and they won’t loss businesses like Walmart.

by Anonymousreply 38April 7, 2021 11:59 AM

If you want to be castrated, get castrated at 18 (should be 21). Same with messing with your hormones.

by Anonymousreply 39April 7, 2021 12:04 PM

LITERAL VIOLENCE

by Anonymousreply 40April 7, 2021 12:09 PM

How do you know if you're intersex?

by Anonymousreply 41April 7, 2021 2:44 PM

[quote]There are zero physical of psychological benefits to providing an elective mastectomy to a 15 year old girl or chemically and physically castrating a 17 year old boy. It can lead to death or many other complications.

Are you an idiot?

I said, I don't think kids should be able to transition. You brought up female genital mutilation and I said that's bad too.

And no, an adult volunteering to transition is not the same thing as a child having their clit cut off.

AND YOU KNOW THAT TOO.

by Anonymousreply 42April 7, 2021 2:52 PM

All states should have this law in place to protect minors. As adults, they can make whatever decision they want.

by Anonymousreply 43April 7, 2021 2:55 PM

The John Money law—no child or baby shall be castrated or mutilated and pumped full of hormones/blockers for the sake of gender.

by Anonymousreply 44April 7, 2021 3:07 PM

R41, usually the person has ambiguous genitalia. There are genetic markers as well.

by Anonymousreply 45April 7, 2021 3:33 PM

I’m glad the Republicans did this.

by Anonymousreply 46April 7, 2021 3:38 PM

Where's the party to celebrate?!? I'll bring the drinkie-poos!

by Anonymousreply 47April 7, 2021 3:43 PM

[quote] I said, I don't think kids should be able to transition. You brought up female genital mutilation and I said that's bad too. And no, an adult volunteering to transition is not the same thing as a child having their clit cut off. AND YOU KNOW THAT TOO.

I wasn’t addressing adults, I was addressing children. Child transitioning will have similar effects as FGM on the long term physical and mental health of the children it is being practiced on. You claimed “that’s not the same thing and you know it” I obviously disagree.

by Anonymousreply 48April 7, 2021 6:05 PM

[quote] Tucker annihilated the governor on his show.

Your mother should have swallowed.

by Anonymousreply 49April 7, 2021 6:09 PM

Several studies have shown that anywhere from 65-90% of youth who think they are transgender will desist from that behavior by the time they have completed puberty and have become adults. Arkansas did the right thing. Even the hormone only route causes irreversible changes to the human body. So if a girl thinks she’s a boy, takes puberty blockers and hormones, but later at 18 or 21 decides she’s a woman, she will have irreparably damaged her body, heart, voice, skin, hair and fertility.

by Anonymousreply 50April 7, 2021 7:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!