Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Weird Guy at Coffee Bean Is Buying Drinks

Just now.

I went in to grab a coffee. The barista told me someone was paying for all drinks. I thought she was joking. But she wasn't. She pointed at a guy, 30ish, chubby, sitting on the patio, glued to his phone. Said he's the one paying. I asked her if she knew why. She shrugged. No.

After getting my drink, I went over and told him thank you. He barely responded. Kept looking at his phone while he muttered a you're welcome.

The whole thing was so strange.

He had major incel vibes.

Convince me he isn't going to shoot the place up.

by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2021 7:43 AM

Why didn't you stick around there to find out? Instead of boring us to death, here.

by Anonymousreply 1April 6, 2021 8:20 PM

Because I didn't want to get shot dead, R1.

I certainly didn't set out to bore. Deepest apologies.

by Anonymousreply 2April 6, 2021 8:25 PM

He's a caffiend.

by Anonymousreply 3April 6, 2021 8:26 PM

Maybe he was trying to do one of those "pay it forward" things but is really not good with people.

by Anonymousreply 4April 6, 2021 8:29 PM

OP I was just snarking on you to be a good R1. Your story is mildly unusual. I'm glad you escaped the Incel slaughter.

by Anonymousreply 5April 6, 2021 8:32 PM

Obviously, he's trying to start a cult but is just really bad at recruiting.

by Anonymousreply 6April 6, 2021 8:35 PM

I’m glad you grabbed your beverage and ran. Sounds fishy.

by Anonymousreply 7April 6, 2021 8:36 PM

Money laundering!

by Anonymousreply 8April 6, 2021 8:36 PM

It's customary to present hole in these types of situations.

by Anonymousreply 9April 6, 2021 8:39 PM

He's luring the vagina, leave him be.

by Anonymousreply 10April 6, 2021 8:40 PM

Did you at least leave a tip?

by Anonymousreply 11April 6, 2021 8:43 PM

Will he pay for a Coffee Bean delivery? (I want to stay away from the potential gunfire.)

by Anonymousreply 12April 6, 2021 8:46 PM

LMAO, he does that to get laid, but you were obviously not his type so he preferred not to look at you. You should've gone to Starbucks!

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2021 8:58 PM

He wants to get in your pants

by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2021 9:03 PM

It wasn't just me! The barista said he'd been buying drinks for awhile. The guy was young and fat (and not dad bod fat or fit fat - which I like). Not my type at all.

But, yes, I should have presented anyway. Just to be polite. Live and learn.

R11, you better believed I tipped! I'm there all the time. They know me and know I tip well. That trend continued.

I actually just went back (it's right down from my house) for another coffee.

He's gone. No one got shot. Alas. I worried for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2021 9:21 PM

Admit it, you went back to PRESENT HOLE.

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2021 9:23 PM

Speaking of incels, a flicker has been doing his mating call non-stop since 8 this morning. I’m desperate to find him a mate so he’ll STFU.

He better pen his manifesto soon before he gets the hose. I’ve had enough!

by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2021 9:24 PM

This is a coffee house thing.

I was told by the barista at the Starbucks drive-through that the customers were playing a round of "Pay It Forward," where you buy the order for the person behind you.

I joined in, but found it silly and pointless.

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2021 3:41 AM

How does the person paying for the one behind him/her know how much to pay? The beneficiary may just want one a small plain coffee or may be buying coffee and pastries for a whole car full of people.

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2021 7:19 AM

R19, In a drive through line the next order is usually taken before you get to the window, and if the staff is considerate they warn you. I hate the practice. It feels as organic as tip jars set out with change already in them. , i.e., they’re started by management.

by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2021 7:26 AM

OP left without snaring HIS MAN.

This was a test, and he let the multi millionaire slip through his fingers. And all because Mr. Right wasn’t making it easy for him!

by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2021 7:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!