Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why is real estate inventory so low?

With the way prices are soaring, you would think sellers would look to sell before interest rates go back up.

Especially all those retirees who are planning to sell and move to Florida, Arizona, etc.

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 8:49 PM

Apparently it's difficult to find anything to move onto, at least it is here in CT.

by Anonymousreply 1April 6, 2021 7:54 PM

I’m in the Denver metro area and inventory is ridiculously low.

by Anonymousreply 2April 6, 2021 7:57 PM

People don’t want hyperventilating Typhoid Mary Covid carriers going through their closets.

by Anonymousreply 3April 6, 2021 7:57 PM

It a hot market for sellers now. I heard that some are getting 10K to 20K over asking price...and the homes are sold within a few days. This is in New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 4April 6, 2021 7:58 PM

When would be a good time to buy?

by Anonymousreply 5April 6, 2021 8:01 PM

Interest rates are historically low

by Anonymousreply 6April 6, 2021 8:04 PM

I wish interest rates would go way up for a while.

You can refi out of a “bad” interest rate, but you can’t refi out of a bad price.

Prices have gone up 20% in 2-3 years on shitty, shitty houses in my area (suburbs of LA.)

by Anonymousreply 7April 6, 2021 8:07 PM

So when will the bubble pop? When boomers start dying?

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 8:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!