Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Question for anyone familiar with the state legislative process

Why are identical bills introduced in both the house and senate? Does this usually mean it will pass?

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 1:04 PM

[quote] Why are identical bills introduced in both the house and senate?

Because both houses need to vote on the bill to be signed into law by the governor.

[quote]Does this usually mean it will pass.

Of course not.

by Anonymousreply 1April 6, 2021 7:31 PM

r1, you obviously don't understand the question. Now fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 2April 6, 2021 7:34 PM

Okay.

Do you understand the question?

by Anonymousreply 3April 6, 2021 9:48 PM

I apologize that I probably wasn't clear in what I was asking. Sometimes 2 identical bills are introduced in both the house and senate simultaneously. I was wanting to know if that usually meant the odds were good that it was going to pass. I did find something yesterday which did state something along the lines of speeding up the process of passing it, but I'm still unsure whether that increases the likelihood that they know they have the votes behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 11:35 AM

OP, you’re kind of bitchy. Why don’t you specify which state you’re speaking of? Maybe folks familiar with that state’s processes/politics would help.

Of course they’re just as likely to tell you to fuck off, so good luck.

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 11:47 AM

Not in Nebraska.

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 11:50 AM

It means there is a member of each chamber who supports it. It just takes one member of that chamber to introduce a bill.

Tons of crazy stuff is introduced and just dies in committe if there is no support.

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 11:53 AM

Is this another "My space heater takes up a lot of light" thread?

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 1:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!