Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do You Wear Nail Polish

Men only.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 1, 2021 6:00 PM

God no. That kind of thing is for eccentric celebrities. I would assume 99.9% of men look stupid with nail polish.

by Anonymousreply 1April 6, 2021 6:57 PM

Two things that are a major turnoff for me on men- nose rings and nail polish.

by Anonymousreply 2April 6, 2021 7:00 PM

I paint my toenails in the summer. Sometimes just a shiny glaze, sometimes navy or dark gray.

by Anonymousreply 3April 6, 2021 7:00 PM

It looks horrible 90% of the time because most guys have ugly, stubby fingers to begin with. And you need to moisturize your skin too. Even some colors look bad on women if they have rough looking hands. If you have pretty, elegant looking hands it can look good.

by Anonymousreply 4April 6, 2021 7:02 PM

No, and while I don't find colored nail polish on a guy attractive, I'm less repulsed by that than by guys who wear clear nail polish on their hands or feet...totally disgusting...total boner killer.

by Anonymousreply 5April 6, 2021 7:07 PM

You have to have that mid-summer tan on your legs and feet to pull off a clear coat. I wouldn't dare paint my toes right now.

by Anonymousreply 6April 6, 2021 7:10 PM

I see lots of guys on social media and the hook up apps that do this . Total turn off . When did this become a trend and why ?

by Anonymousreply 7April 6, 2021 7:16 PM

I think it started with men being more comfortable getting mani/pedis. It doesn't bother me that CERTAIN men paint their finger/toe nails. Taste levels vary between men, so there will always be a hot mess who ruins it. My deal breakers are nipple rings and sunburst tattoos circling the belly button. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 8April 6, 2021 8:17 PM

When I was in high school some of my girlfriends painted my nails and put baby barrettes in my hair. Grunge was a thing so I mostly got away with it. Some bro dawgs called me a “fag” and it embarrassed my brother. Looking back now, he told me he wishes he had been less of a dick.

by Anonymousreply 9April 6, 2021 8:24 PM

God no. Who has time for that? I’m too busy with work, going to the gym and fucking guys.

by Anonymousreply 10April 6, 2021 8:32 PM

Only during Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 11April 6, 2021 8:33 PM

Ya could have done a poll, ya lazy hoe.

by Anonymousreply 12April 6, 2021 8:34 PM

Fuck no

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2021 8:36 PM

The biggest turnoff to me. Not sure why, but I find it absolutely repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2021 8:37 PM

Apparently GQ has more female readers than male.

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2021 8:37 PM

Nope, men need to be men

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2021 8:50 PM

I was wondering when r16 would show up.

by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2021 8:53 PM

R17 men don't wear makeup, shit a wear a baseball hat most of the time, sometimes I'll put some AXE gel in my hair for work but that's about it

Men are more naturally beautiful than women, although being a bisexual male I like women too and can appreciate a beautiful woman, we're hunters, we work out, look strong and masculine, fart with pride etc

Being a masculine man is beautiful

by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2021 8:56 PM

No and keep it away from me! I don’t care what you think, and if want to argue with me about it, call the PC police you defunded!

by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2021 8:58 PM

The famous men that paint their nails always end up been bisexual or gay. Talk about painting their nails to reinforce negative stereotypes about gay and bi men been femmy.

by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2021 9:01 PM

R20 true about that stereotype with gay men but most bi men aren't femmy, most aren't even out and the ones I met who are openly bi are not feminine at all and fit in with straight guys

by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2021 9:03 PM

Is r16/r18 trying to prove he's not a troll by revealing that he's an Axe-wearing bisexual who loves his own farts?

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2021 9:10 PM

[quote] Not sure why, but I find it absolutely repulsive.

Because you were socialized to accept certain gender norms.

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2021 9:13 PM

[quote] Talk about painting their nails to reinforce negative stereotypes about gay and bi men been femmy.

Could you be any more self-loathing? Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2021 9:13 PM

[quote] Being a masculine man is beautiful

How is nail polish not masculine?

by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2021 9:14 PM

I see this all of the time lately with fem guys in their 20s. They also wear girl shirts but guy pants. WTF. I guess I'm getting old because I can't even guess what gender is supposed to be anymore.

by Anonymousreply 26April 6, 2021 9:16 PM

And that’s the only time that it is acceptable R11.

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2021 9:26 PM

There are a LOT of fem gay boys and a LOT of those fem gay boys would rather be girls and if they could snap their fingers they would switch. So while most of them just ain't gonna go the dramatic transition route, they do look for any and all ways to push the boundaries to look and feel pretty. Painting their nails is just the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 28April 6, 2021 9:53 PM

When I was in high school in the late 80s I would sometimes paint one nail on my left hand black - usually my pinkie or fuckerfinger, but sometimes I would switch it up. I would listed to Siouxsie, Bauhaus, Clan of Xymox, Tones on Tail, or something like that while doing it. I wasn't full goth though, so I only did one finger at a time.

I don't anymore.

by Anonymousreply 29April 6, 2021 10:02 PM

Considering most men don't even keep their nails clean or neatly trimmed I would guess wearing nail polish would help camouflage dirty ragged nails. I think nail polish in general is nasty and using it long term discolors your nails turning them yellow-green. Kinda like a nail fungus - not a good look and no polish will cover up fungus infected nails. To boil it down - it's a NO for nail polish.

by Anonymousreply 30April 6, 2021 10:10 PM

There are three main culprits found in many nail polishes: formaldehyde, toluene, and dibutyl phthalate (DBP). These chemicals are known as the "Toxic Trio" or "Big 3". Formaldehyde is a chemical that is a component in plywood and particleboard, and is often used as a preservative, sterilizer and embalming fluid.

Even if I was so inclined, I would not put any toxic brew on my body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 6, 2021 10:30 PM

Yes, and I have blue hair and tattoos! Amicoolnow? Did you see insta? How about my onlyfans? I ride one of those dragon dildos!

by Anonymousreply 32April 6, 2021 11:02 PM

Not very well. Chips within a day.

by Anonymousreply 33April 6, 2021 11:04 PM

^Now pedicures and toe polish are another matter altogether. Yes to pedicures all day.

by Anonymousreply 34April 6, 2021 11:05 PM

My male students are into painting their nails. I had no idea it was a thing but it is. Some are gay but some are not.

by Anonymousreply 35April 6, 2021 11:06 PM

R24. I have to laugh. I am not even gay or a male.

by Anonymousreply 36April 6, 2021 11:13 PM

I went through a goth/punk phase in high school where me and my straight friends wore black nail polish. But it only looks good if you're wearing the right outfit

by Anonymousreply 37April 7, 2021 5:56 AM

No.

I am too old for that nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 38April 7, 2021 1:17 PM

I love the smell, but I’d need french nails - because they are Klassy. The extra length needed would be irritating, so they’d be a waste.

Also, chipped nails annoy me - regardless of your gender. If you’re giving them a coat, it should look good or you should stop.

by Anonymousreply 39April 7, 2021 1:24 PM

I can’t stand this trend.

by Anonymousreply 40April 7, 2021 1:41 PM

R28 I’m not a gem gay boy but I can see the benefits of being a woman. They can get all the dick they want, can be fashion obsessed, more clothing options, more shoe options, more hair options, and it’s acceptable to let a man make money whirl you stay at home.

by Anonymousreply 41April 7, 2021 1:43 PM

Most of the men in that pic in OP aren’t even “fem”.

by Anonymousreply 42April 7, 2021 1:44 PM

Men have been wearing nail polish since 3,200 B.C.

by Anonymousreply 43April 7, 2021 1:49 PM

A lot of people who think like Ben Shapiro and Candace Owens on this forum. That’s suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 44April 7, 2021 1:54 PM

I never have but I've considered it. I constantly get hang nails and my nails get caught on clothing and tear.

I've wondered if getting a manicure and some kind of clear polish would help.

I'd never get colored polish. Just doesn't interest me.

by Anonymousreply 45April 7, 2021 1:54 PM

[quote] I can see the benefits of being a woman. They can get all the dick they want, can be fashion obsessed, more clothing options, more shoe options, more hair options, and it’s acceptable to let a man make money while you stay at home.

Imagine actually thinking this unironically. Imagfine actually typing this with a straight-face.

Sorry to break it to you, but there’s a lot more that goes with being a woman, and a lot of it that isn’t frippery or any ways fun. Chat to a mother or sister or aunt sometime for more on that.

by Anonymousreply 46April 30, 2021 9:42 AM

Haven't some guys been painting their nails since the 80s? Why is this being treated as if it's new?

by Anonymousreply 47April 30, 2021 9:52 AM

I did once. I had the manicurist match my nail color to my shoes for a party (cyan). I thought it was fun, my friends at the party were surprisingly freaked out by it (55 y/o). I removed it the next day.

by Anonymousreply 48April 30, 2021 11:01 AM

A lot of young and middle age guys do it. Hipsters, those into (comic con) cosplay, emo / goth guys, guys who identify as queer, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 30, 2021 11:28 AM

Just on one finger where the nail bed receded due to an infection. A pink that's close to the color of the nail bed. Just so I don't have to see the receded nail bed and be upset about it.

by Anonymousreply 50April 30, 2021 11:38 AM

R47

Men have been wearing nail polish since 3,200 B.C.

This is just an ignorant, bigot thread.

by Anonymousreply 51April 30, 2021 12:20 PM

I thought it was a Mafia thing, clear polish and pinkie rings

by Anonymousreply 52April 30, 2021 12:29 PM

Toe nails only. I'm not trash.

by Anonymousreply 53April 30, 2021 2:09 PM

I wouldn't. But I think it's an interesting look on a young guy. A nicely gender-fluid touch.

by Anonymousreply 54April 30, 2021 2:12 PM

Dont wear it myself cos it aint practical and wouldnt look right on me, but I like it on other guys

Ditto makeup

by Anonymousreply 55April 30, 2021 3:03 PM

no, an dit is becoming more common and I can't say that I find it appealing.

by Anonymousreply 56April 30, 2021 3:05 PM

I tried that clear matte stuff once that’s supposed to smooth out and harden your nail. It felt weird on my nails, so I took it off.

by Anonymousreply 57April 30, 2021 3:12 PM

I'd wear black.

by Anonymousreply 58April 30, 2021 8:56 PM

R55 makeup is pointless nowadays with people wearing facemasks everywhere

by Anonymousreply 59May 1, 2021 5:14 PM

Yay or Nay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 1, 2021 5:28 PM

I'm not normally into polish or tatts on men - however - there is this smoking hot latino guy (late 20s I think) who works at the auto club where I live. He has a sleeve on one arm and black polish. for him it works and I'd like him deeply inside of me.

by Anonymousreply 61May 1, 2021 6:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!