Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WTF is "Chad" on TBS supposed to be?

What a stupid show.

And why does a female get to play a 14 year old boy? I thought we weren't doing that?

Gay people play gay people, trans people play trans people, and MEN should play MEN.

So why does a female get to play a male? Oh, I forgot. They're special, and exempt from "the rules."

This show is crap. Hope it gets cancelled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7014 hours ago

Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 104/06/2021

Who gives a fuck?

by Anonymousreply 204/06/2021

The actress playing Chad is 39. The whole thing seems pointless.

by Anonymousreply 304/06/2021

I thought he was trans. I'm so confused.

by Anonymousreply 404/06/2021

This is BULLSHIT!

[quote] Chad was originally sold to and ordered for a series by Fox in 2016 titled Chad: An American Boy with the original concept about a "14-year-old boy in the throes of adolescence who is tasked with being the man of the house", with the original pilot written by Pedrad and Rob Rosell, but never went to production. In 2019, the show was picked up by TBS and ordered to a ten episode first season with the trailer being released on May 15, 2019, and the show is set to premiere on April 6, 2021.

You're right, R4.

What in the fuck is the point of having a 40 year old female play a 14 year old boy?

It's idiotic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504/06/2021

That thing isn’t trans? 😳

by Anonymousreply 604/06/2021

It’s not offensive. It’s just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 704/06/2021

I haven't watched it but I've seen the ads. I don't get it, but I thought the choice of actor/actress had something to do with that show where the gals are portraying their teenage selves.

by Anonymousreply 804/06/2021

Even females don't want to play females any more.

by Anonymousreply 904/06/2021

[quote]It's idiotic.

It's literal violence!

by Anonymousreply 1004/06/2021

Sean Hayes played a woman in Lazy Susan recently. That whole project seemed pointless.

by Anonymousreply 1104/06/2021

It’s also odd that SNL has a different recurring “Chad” character.

by Anonymousreply 1204/06/2021

I like it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1304/06/2021

“Chad” is an Arab name? Isn’t the character supposed to be Middle Eastern? Maybe that’s the joke.

by Anonymousreply 1404/06/2021

There was nothing funny in that trailer. Not a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 1504/06/2021

[quote] “Chad” is an Arab name? Isn’t the character supposed to be Middle Eastern?

Iranian/Persian.

See the link at R5.

by Anonymousreply 1604/06/2021

Women really struggle to get good roles these days.

by Anonymousreply 1704/06/2021

[quote] Women really struggle to get good roles these days.

Bull. In this case, she (Pedrad) both wrote the role of "Chad," and is also playing the role in the show.

There's no excuse for a show like this.

Who thought it was a good idea to green-light this crap? They should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 1804/06/2021

It’s his American nickname. His real name is probably Sa’id or something.

by Anonymousreply 1904/06/2021

Peter Pan has traditionally been played by a woman.

by Anonymousreply 2004/06/2021

This is NOT okay!

by Anonymousreply 2104/06/2021

Non-trans women (actual women) should be able to play boys if transsexuals can play whatever gender they want. Just as non-trans men (real men) should be able to play trannies.

by Anonymousreply 2204/06/2021

Well, the actor’s not going to pube into something unrecognizable and unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 2304/06/2021

What’s that supposed to mean, r23?

by Anonymousreply 2404/06/2021

NYMag hates it

Has an adult playing a child character ever been genuinely entertaining?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2504/06/2021

Pedrad is not easy to look at in this role.

I keep examining her heavily overdone makeup.

It is so distracting that I get lost in it and everything else disappears.

by Anonymousreply 2604/06/2021

Pen15 Is brilliant, so this can work, but this overkill and unnecessary. And they are always shilling this during SNL as if anyone remembers or cares she was once on it. Lorne must own a piece of it that’s the only reason I can see why the hype there.

by Anonymousreply 2704/06/2021

What is TBS again and how can one be expected to remember these obscure channels?

by Anonymousreply 2804/06/2021

Has Eliot Page commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 2904/06/2021

The ad was cringey. I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 3004/06/2021

OP: What a stupid show. And why does a female get to play a 14 year old boy? I thought we weren't doing that? Gay people play gay people, trans people play trans people, and MEN should play MEN. So why does a female get to play a male? Oh, I forgot. They're special, and exempt from "the rules."

OP, don't forget that African Americans can play anyone, anywhere, and Asians can play all sexes and trans.

Or they'll burn you to the ground!

by Anonymousreply 3104/06/2021

Cancel this shit.

Nobody wants to see a 40 year old woman, playing a 14 year old boy. It's fucking creepy!

Can you imagine if a 40 year old MAN tried to play a 14 year old GIRL, in a sitcom?

That would NEVER in a million years be put on a major network.

This should not be, either. Talk about a double fucking standard!

by Anonymousreply 3204/06/2021

It really is hilarious that so many people here think that the "Chad" character is trans.

If the person who created this character truly meant for it to be a portrayal of a 14 year old Iranian boy, then she is a MASSIVE failure.

No one thinks she's a boy. Or even Iranian, for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 3304/06/2021

[quote] No one thinks she's a boy. Or even Iranian, for that matter.

She is Iranian.

by Anonymousreply 3404/06/2021

Is she Iranian or Persian, they are usually very keen on the distinction.

by Anonymousreply 3504/06/2021

Chris Lilley playing Ja’mie on “Summer Heights High” was hilarious as shit.

...another character that could never happen today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3604/06/2021

This is horrifying. She looks so creepy as Chad. You can see years of fillers and botox all over her face.

by Anonymousreply 3704/06/2021

r29 Why would THEY?

by Anonymousreply 3804/06/2021

It's fucking bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 3904/06/2021

I hope they don’t do any locker room scenes cause that would be creepy.

by Anonymousreply 4004/06/2021

Okay NOW I want dick shots. Get on it, HBO.

by Anonymousreply 4104/06/2021

"Pen15 Is brilliant, so this can work, but this overkill and unnecessary."

It's terrible.

by Anonymousreply 4204/06/2021

R37 said it best. Horrifying indeed. Couldn’t pay me to watch one minute of this shit. I am hoping it goes down in history as a tragic failure. On the other hand, American dumb asses elected an Orange idiot, so they will eat this crap up.

by Anonymousreply 4304/06/2021

Jake Ryan is in this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4404/06/2021

One simple trick: don’t watch it.

by Anonymousreply 4504/06/2021

I watched and much to my surprise, it was actually good with some hilarious moments. It feels more like a Hulu show.

by Anonymousreply 4604/07/2021

Watched the first episode, but won't be a repeat viewer. Unlike PEN15, which has adults (who remain in appearance as adults) acting like teen-agers and nailing the teen-girl behavior and mannerisms, this has an adult woman, made up as a teen-age boy, acting as a caricature of a teen-age boy. Tries too hard and just comes off creepy and desperate.

by Anonymousreply 4704/07/2021

Yikes.

IMDB: 2.4/10

by Anonymousreply 4804/07/2021

Lord forgive me, but I would rather have had a series about Pete Davidson’s Chad than this dreck.

by Anonymousreply 4904/07/2021

Regarding Chad. I think Nasim playing the lead takes away some of the cringe of the lead being so ashamed of his heritage and him wanting nothing more than to fit in with the other "normal" kids.

[quote] Has an adult playing a child character ever been genuinely entertaining?

Australian comedian Chris Lilley is pretty good at playing teen characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50Last Thursday at 2:56 AM

Cancel this fucking shit show.

NOW!

by Anonymousreply 51Last Thursday at 4:23 AM

Proof that trying to be WOKE, can still end up being a massive FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 52Last Thursday at 4:24 AM

Even more puzzling: why is OP so invested in this show? Were they somehow involved with it at some point?

From OP:

WTF is "Chad" on TBS supposed to be?

What a stupid show.

And why does a female get to play a 14 year old boy? I thought we weren't doing that?

Gay people play gay people, trans people play trans people, and MEN should play MEN.

So why does a female get to play a male? Oh, I forgot. They're special, and exempt from "the rules."

This show is crap. Hope it gets cancelled. WTF is "Chad" on TBS supposed to be?

This is BULLSHIT!

[quote] Chad was originally sold to and ordered for a series by Fox in 2016 titled Chad: An American Boy with the original concept about a "14-year-old boy in the throes of adolescence who is tasked with being the man of the house", with the original pilot written by Pedrad and Rob Rosell, but never went to production. In 2019, the show was picked up by TBS and ordered to a ten episode first season with the trailer being released on May 15, 2019, and the show is set to premiere on April 6, 2021.

You're right, R4.

What in the fuck is the point of having a 40 year old female play a 14 year old boy?

It's idiotic. WTF is "Chad" on TBS supposed to be?

Even females don't want to play females any more. WTF is "Chad" on TBS supposed to be?

[quote] “Chad” is an Arab name? Isn’t the character supposed to be Middle Eastern?

Iranian/Persian.

See the link at R5. WTF is "Chad" on TBS supposed to be?

[quote] Women really struggle to get good roles these days.

Bull. In this case, she (Pedrad) both wrote the role of "Chad," and is also playing the role in the show.

There's no excuse for a show like this.

Who thought it was a good idea to green-light this crap? They should be fired. WTF is "Chad" on TBS supposed to be?

Cancel this shit.

Nobody wants to see a 40 year old woman, playing a 14 year old boy. It's fucking creepy!

Can you imagine if a 40 year old MAN tried to play a 14 year old GIRL, in a sitcom?

That would NEVER in a million years be put on a major network.

This should not be, either. Talk about a double fucking standard! WTF is "Chad" on TBS supposed to be?

It really is hilarious that so many people here think that the "Chad" character is trans.

If the person who created this character truly meant for it to be a portrayal of a 14 year old Iranian boy, then she is a MASSIVE failure.

No one thinks she's a boy. Or even Iranian, for that matter. WTF is "Chad" on TBS supposed to be?

It's fucking bizarre. WTF is "Chad" on TBS supposed to be?

Cancel this fucking shit show.

NOW! WTF is "Chad" on TBS supposed to be?

Proof that trying to be WOKE, can still end up being a massive FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 53Last Thursday at 4:33 AM

[quote] why is OP so invested in this show?

A better question is, why is R53 so invested in the op?

That's a lot of work copying and pasting, even for a stalker like R53.

You're quite psychotic and very scary R53.

Perhaps your should seek help for your condition. It's not healthy.

by Anonymousreply 54Last Thursday at 4:39 AM

It's not a lot of work.

You hit "Ignore" and then cut and paste.

But still, it's a show that is getting widely panned on a cable network few people watch by a minor SNL player.

Yet you really want to make sure we hate it.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 55Last Thursday at 4:42 AM

You type a lot r53.

by Anonymousreply 56Last Thursday at 4:46 AM

I haven't watched any episodes. The snippets I've seen in adverts are embarrassing. That gal who plays Chad sounds like one of the aliens from 'Galaxy Quest'.

by Anonymousreply 57Last Thursday at 4:49 AM

The deep dive exposure of OPs and anything they’ve ever posted is a disturbing trend by someone who has way to much time and that I am now worried will come after me!

by Anonymousreply 58Last Thursday at 5:36 AM

I think Op's rage is a bit off putting. I saw the add and thought it was about a trans kid. Was I going to watch it, no.

However, since Op is so against it, and it stars a 40 year old woman playing a 14 year old boy, and it's terribly reviewed, I just might to catch the train wreck that it could be.

by Anonymousreply 59Last Thursday at 6:02 AM

[quote] Sean Hayes played a woman in Lazy Susan recently.

That’s because she is one.

by Anonymousreply 60Last Thursday at 6:30 AM

[quote] The deep dive exposure of OPs and anything they’ve ever posted is a disturbing trend by someone who has way to much time and that I am now worried will come after me!

Bull. It shows that OP is way too invested to make his opinion the dominant one. A method commonly used by trolls. It doesn't make the topic (in this case: Chad) any better, but makes you wonder why someone is so obsessed with something as silly and trivial like this show.

by Anonymousreply 61Last Thursday at 7:08 AM

[quote]Australian comedian Chris Lilley is pretty good at playing teen characters.

I fucking LOVED that show. He was perfection as Ja'mie.

by Anonymousreply 62Last Thursday at 9:03 AM

I think that someone from SNL posts here on Datalounge.

Why would anyone defend this crap show, except for someone who either knows or works for Pedrad.

I couldn't even stomach the first episode because it was so fucking creepy.

by Anonymousreply 63Last Saturday at 9:51 AM

Your clit as a dick, OP?

by Anonymousreply 64Last Saturday at 9:53 AM

No wonder that person looked “off”. It was disturbing to see. Couldn’t put my finger on it but that creature is weird.

I just didn’t want to comment on it. That is a woman playing a boy? WTF????

Why?

by Anonymousreply 65Last Saturday at 10:01 AM

The character comes off as too weird. And despite the bad wig and shapeless clothes, Chad reads as a girl, which only heightens the weirdness.

by Anonymousreply 66Last Saturday at 10:20 AM

Funny, OP, I thought you freepers were against "cancel culture".....now you're rooting for a show to get canceled solely due to your hate for trans people

If you don't like it, don't watch it

by Anonymousreply 67Last Saturday at 10:25 AM

R63, don't watch it then

Are you gonna bitch and moan about The Year of Living Dangerously because Linda Hunt played a man?

by Anonymousreply 68Last Saturday at 10:27 AM

This is my new favorite show. It's weird and has a Strangers with Candy vibe.

by Anonymousreply 6914 hours ago

It's not entertaining at all, R69.

I don't know what show you're watching, but in the couple of times I've tried to watch it, I actually become angry at how stupid it is.

It's lame and it's extremely un-funny.

by Anonymousreply 7014 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!