Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A lot of you don't like Jen Psaki. But here's why we need her as White House spokesperson.

In an increasingly distinctive style, White House press secretary Jen Psaki deftly cut off a meandering attack question Monday from Newsmax about a mysterious memo concerning President Joe Biden’s infrastructure plan.

John Gizzi, a reporter for the right-wing outlet, queried Psaki about a “private memo” being “circulated in the business community and to some Republican senators” that Biden’s $2 trillion plan actually costs $3 trillion.

“Somebody went through it, or is claiming to have gone through it, and added it up and came up with $1 trillion more than [what] the president listed as the price tag,” Gizzi added in an apparent effort to clarify his question.

A deadpan Psaki responded: “Sounds mysterious — the memo, the secret memo.”

She said the specifics of the plan have been clearly detailed. “So I would encourage y’all to get your calculators out and charge that up and see how it compares to the secret memo,” Psaki added.

Psaki pulled a similar takedown last month of Fox News’ Peter Doocy, who claimed his network had been left off “the list” of news outlets Biden planned to call on at his first press conference. Doocy later admitted that he had no idea if Fox was on or off any such list.

Last week, in response to a question from Fox Business correspondent Edward Lawrence, Psaki said that no, the administration was not going to change its “tone” when criticizing Republican efforts to make it more difficult for Americans to vote.

In the latest takedown, one fan noted on Twitter than Psaki is “really mastering the art of maintaining calm professionalism while skewering the hell out of stupid questions.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 8, 2021 12:59 PM

Is Psaki Polish? They look like Maggie Smith

by Anonymousreply 1April 6, 2021 4:43 AM

I always thought it was a Greek name, R1.

In any case, she's hilarious here.

I'm not usually a fan of people who are condescending, but in this case I absolutely don't mind it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 6, 2021 4:45 AM

She’s a high riding bitch, and I’m here for it.

by Anonymousreply 3April 6, 2021 4:51 AM

That hair is unnecessary.

Why do women wear stuff on their head which they have to touch and adjust every 20 seconds?

They nod their head down to one side and that swag of hair obscures their vision.

by Anonymousreply 4April 6, 2021 4:55 AM

I think it's beneficial for democrats to have a white house spokesperson with a lawyerly demeanor and a sociological mentality.

I like her a lot so far. Biden is too moderate for my tastes, generally speaking, but he's been making a lot of good, savvy choices since taking office, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 5April 6, 2021 4:55 AM

[quote] I'm not usually a fan of people who are condescending, but in this case I absolutely don't mind it.

She's not condescending. She's winning. Your little dig means nothing.

by Anonymousreply 6April 6, 2021 5:00 AM

[quote] con·de·scend·ing /ˌkändəˈsendiNG/

[quote] adjective

[quote] having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority

Jen was undoubtedly being condescending, R6.

But as I said before, it was justified, because the Newsmax turd was lying.

by Anonymousreply 7April 6, 2021 5:02 AM

[quote] A lot of you don't like Jen Psaki.

No, OP. You don't like Jen Psaki.

by Anonymousreply 8April 6, 2021 5:04 AM

I did not see condescending either, just a matter of fact.

by Anonymousreply 9April 6, 2021 5:04 AM

It's got to be hard to keep smiling when the reporters focus on soundbyte questions and "gotcha" spin attacks on whatever new conspiracy the right wing noise machine is pushing.

I have no idea why Newsmax is allowed there. They are as bad as OANN.

R7 Right wingers accuse her of being condescending whenever she has a bemused smile on her face while they get out their ridiculous questions. Most people wouldn't take it as condescending unless they were predisposed to see it as such.

And I agree with r8. Most Democrats seem to love her. Which makes OP's concern trolling suspect.

by Anonymousreply 10April 6, 2021 5:05 AM

OP/R7 is unable to gain any traction with right wing bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 11April 6, 2021 5:07 AM

Newsmax sucks donkey balls.

by Anonymousreply 12April 6, 2021 5:09 AM

[quote] But as I said before, it was justified,

Yes, I heard you the first time. Saying it twice doesn't make it right.

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2021 5:18 AM

As a fellow Gen Xer, that bone-dry cutting wit is both familiar and very funny. It's like Daria Goes to the White House.

by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2021 5:23 AM

I think she's terrific.

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2021 5:26 AM

[quote]So I would encourage y’all...

She's from Connecticut.

What is up with liberal white women using terms from the AA vernacular even if they're nowhere near the South?

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2021 5:39 AM

R16

Let's see... today you posted in a thread pretending to be critical of "Datalounge MRAs". And yet, in a past thread about cartoons, you wrote, "women generally think stupid thoughts," and "The Flintstones is one of a series of cultural products that since the 90s have taught women a sense of superiority over men." Comments that are pretty much as textbook MRA as they come.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you're probably not actually being genuine here about being concerned about cultural appropriation!

by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2021 6:10 AM

I bet she smells funny down there.

by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2021 7:33 AM

R16 = Mr. Feather

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2021 8:04 AM

There's a certain kind of person (like OP) who think being told the truth in a plain, direct way is "condescending."

It generally can be translated to "she said something I didn't want to hear, and I'm mad about it."

by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2021 8:07 AM

Or "It was said by a woman so I am simply not going to pay attention to it."

by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2021 8:10 AM

Newsmax and Fox are a waste of time in the Press Room.

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2021 8:19 AM

Listening to the clip, she says "you all", so whoever wrote the article/transcribed has conflated it to "y'all"

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2021 8:28 AM

This bitch is fantastic!

I want to take her out for drinks.

by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2021 8:34 AM

[quote]Psaki pulled a similar takedown last month of Fox News’ Peter Doocy, who claimed his network had been left off “the list” of news outlets Biden planned to call on at his first press conference. Doocy later admitted that he had no idea if Fox was on or off any such list.

She seems to love to smack around Peter Doocy, which I totally love. What a putz that guy is

Compared to the other shrill banshees the Dump administration put out there, she's calm, professional and seems to know her shit. I think because she's so droll and unemotional when dealing with Fox or the other hack news sources, she's harder for them to demonize, which is a huge relief from that Kaleigh creature who appeared ready to burst into tears at any moment.

I do think that it's a fine line because while a question might be a *gotcha* question, it might really reflect real concerns (however irrational), and she shouldn't take that lightly

by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2021 9:19 AM

She doesn't have a chin.

by Anonymousreply 26April 6, 2021 9:25 AM

Wtf R26?! She clearly does and you’re shit at deflecting. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2021 9:35 AM

When I saw her, I think of her as the evil step mother of snow white - lack of sense of humor and a cunt energy radiating from every fiber of her being.

But if she is the evil step mother, who is snow white then? Glad you ask. I present to you, a kind-hearted, homely princess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 6, 2021 9:48 AM

It hilarious that clown journalists don't appreciate being identified as such.

by Anonymousreply 29April 6, 2021 9:50 AM

I like her.

She’s direct. Sharp.

And after all the crap (and no-shows....remember one of the many press secretaries that never held a press conference during her entire stint ?) of the Trump admin, she’s the antidote to the sickening virus plaguing the WH comms team between 2016 and 2021.

So far, think Biden chose well in putting her out there.

by Anonymousreply 30April 6, 2021 9:55 AM

I love her. I don't know how she doesn't end half her responses with, "Now go get your fucking shinebox".

by Anonymousreply 31April 6, 2021 9:55 AM

OP preferred the dainty and ladylike Stephanie Grisham, who had a couple of recent DWIs on the books and spent her short term in the White House so hung over she could hardly stand.

by Anonymousreply 32April 6, 2021 10:14 AM

By "a lot," you mean the influx of trolls from the last 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 33April 6, 2021 10:17 AM

Seriously, R32?

Spill the dirt!

I had never heard that story before.

by Anonymousreply 34April 6, 2021 10:18 AM

Stephanie Grisham, stew bum drunk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 6, 2021 10:53 AM

Is Stephanie Grisham a Latina?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 6, 2021 11:01 AM

Miss Thing thinks she's Miss Sloane.

by Anonymousreply 37April 6, 2021 12:10 PM

Love her

by Anonymousreply 38April 6, 2021 12:13 PM

I have just listened to her until today and have been thrilled about the pick. After watching the newsmax clip and seeing her in action, I am even more impressed.

by Anonymousreply 39April 6, 2021 12:18 PM

Love Jen. She's articulate and far more patient than I could ever hope to be. It's also nice that her eyes stare in the same direction and her hair doesn't resemble Nellie Olsen's.

by Anonymousreply 40April 6, 2021 3:06 PM

Sometimes, it's the only thing a woman has to hold onto R3.

by Anonymousreply 41April 6, 2021 3:08 PM

She's improved since her Obama days, where she used to parrot the party line like a North Korean newsreader. Now she's much more common-sense and better on her feet. And funny. People grow.

by Anonymousreply 42April 6, 2021 3:11 PM

She sometimes reminds me of CJ from The West Wing. Or Anne Deveare Smith's character from American President. I love her.

by Anonymousreply 43April 6, 2021 3:13 PM

She's skilled at handling the nonsense from the WH Press Corps. Unfortunately, they are such garbage "journalists" that rather than grow up and start asking better questions, they'll get more and more ridiculous trying to troll her.

I wish the WH would kick out all the awful major "both sides" GOP-talking-point-spewing press and invite a rotating roster of quality local journalists into the pool.

by Anonymousreply 44April 6, 2021 3:17 PM

Love her! I think she also has a beautiful vajayjay

by Anonymousreply 45April 6, 2021 4:15 PM

[quote] It's also nice that her eyes stare in the same direction and her hair doesn't resemble Nellie Olsen's.

To whom are you referring?

[quote] Love her! I think she also has a beautiful vajayjay

Does the carpet match the drapes?

I don't think that color red is actually found in nature.

by Anonymousreply 46April 6, 2021 4:55 PM

For those who aren't Jen: ⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 6, 2021 5:21 PM

Lady G is in the fetal position!

by Anonymousreply 48April 6, 2021 5:28 PM

She is good at her job but I never trust anyone in that position. It is a bullshit spinner job.

by Anonymousreply 49April 6, 2021 5:29 PM

R47 meant to say For those who aren't Jen fans.

by Anonymousreply 50April 6, 2021 5:45 PM

How does a person manufacture this shade of "red?"

It's horrific!

The color is very distracting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 6, 2021 9:17 PM

[quote] very distracting.

The two dangling mops are distracting.

by Anonymousreply 52April 6, 2021 9:26 PM

R25, you'll appreciate this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 7, 2021 6:33 PM

The only people who don't like Ms. Psaki are racist, right-wing assholes.

by Anonymousreply 54April 7, 2021 7:00 PM

Ah, R54, you have shared some refined, nuanced analysis there.

by Anonymousreply 55April 7, 2021 9:20 PM

I think she's doing a great job. And considering what we had to endure the last four years, having a PROFESSIONAL speak about FACTS is a refreshing change.

by Anonymousreply 56April 7, 2021 9:23 PM

I bet you smell funny all over, R18

At the very least, it’s obvious that your pea-sized brain has rotted out.

by Anonymousreply 57April 7, 2021 9:47 PM

WHO doesn’t like Jen?!

by Anonymousreply 58April 7, 2021 10:35 PM

[quote] WHO doesn’t like Jen?!

Well, R54 has put forward the suggestion that the people who don't like Jen are 'racist, right-wing assholes'.

by Anonymousreply 59April 7, 2021 10:46 PM

I think Psaki is doing a good job so far.

by Anonymousreply 60April 8, 2021 12:00 AM

Props to r35 for “stew bum”, which is fabulously evocative and underused.

by Anonymousreply 61April 8, 2021 12:13 AM

WHAT KIND OF NAME IS PSAKI??????

IS IT CHINESE?????

by Anonymousreply 62April 8, 2021 12:28 PM

This White House spokesperson is just a conduit. When will Joe face the media mob?

by Anonymousreply 63April 8, 2021 12:35 PM

When one is forced to respond to a person who clearly has nefarious motives, and/or is inferior in every way, condescension is not an option, it is a requirement.

by Anonymousreply 64April 8, 2021 12:35 PM

P-SAKI

is japanese!

by Anonymousreply 65April 8, 2021 12:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!