Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pete Malloy and Jim Reed

Do you think they ever...you know?

by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2022 11:40 PM

Constantly, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 1April 6, 2021 12:43 AM

Like two methed-up rabbits.

by Anonymousreply 2April 6, 2021 12:57 AM

Only in my dreams, alas

by Anonymousreply 3April 6, 2021 1:26 AM

Martin Milner could have gotten it 6 days a week and twice on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 4April 6, 2021 1:33 AM

Are there any shirtless pics of Martin Milner from this period?

by Anonymousreply 5April 6, 2021 1:33 AM

They were both hot as blazes, but Kent McCord was beyond gorgeous. Adam 12 is required viewing in my house every weekday at 5-6pm.

I laughed at myself when watching the shows today as I thought "those two cops saw more action in 30 minutes than most cops see their whole careers". šŸ˜„

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 6, 2021 1:34 AM

^Even now Kent still looks like a dream boat

by Anonymousreply 7April 6, 2021 1:37 AM

Kent McCord earlier years. Just look at that beautiful treasure trail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 6, 2021 1:38 AM

Actor Nicholas Hoult has always reminded me of Kent McCord. Blue eyes, dark hair, sharp cheekbones, kind of Cro-Magnon heavy brow...hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 6, 2021 1:46 AM

I don't know about Malloy and Reed. But I used to give Tod Stiles road head on Route 66.

by Anonymousreply 10April 6, 2021 1:47 AM

Iā€™m convinced that the ever-single Pete is hopelessly in love with his partner Jim. You can sort of see it happening over the length of the series, but itā€™s quite obvious in episodes where Jimā€™s life is in danger or his job is in jeopardy. For instance, in the second episode that aired today, Jim walked into a bank robbery in progress and was taken hostage by the two robbers. Pete was distraught the entire episode, telling one cop who asked how he thinks Jim is handling it that ā€œHeā€™s a damn good copā€ while looking to be on the verge of tears. The episode ended with Pete risking his own life to thwart the criminals after they drive off with Jim.

And then, Jim has also come to Peteā€™s aid a time or two, most notably in the episode where Pete crashes his car in Griffith Park and Jim goes against the sergeantā€™s orders and searches the park until he finds Pete. I think that if Jim werenā€™t married with a kid, we would have had a very different Adam 12.

by Anonymousreply 11April 6, 2021 1:47 AM

[quote] Adam 12 is required viewing in my house every weekday at 5-6pm.

Same here. I want to break and buy the whole box dvd set but theyā€™re hella expensive.

Speaking of Kent McCord, I met him several years ago at a convention and I can confirm that as an older fellow, he is still drop dead gorgeous. He also has really big hands and when he gave me a handshake, it was a FIRM one.

by Anonymousreply 12April 6, 2021 1:51 AM

Two tops donā€™t make a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2021 1:53 AM

That Gidget was one lucky bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2021 1:56 AM

Pete would be the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2021 2:04 AM

Throw in Sergeant William 'Mac' MacDonald for a very hot threeway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2021 2:04 AM

Marty often shows VPL whenever theyā€™re dressed in civvies.

by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2021 2:06 AM

Mac has the dreamiest blue eyes. William Boyett always managed to play cops, even when he was only doing voiceover work as he did in ā€œWhen A Stranger Callsā€ (heā€™s the one who utters the famous line, ā€œThe call is coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE!ā€).

by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2021 2:09 AM

R11, I agree; I was watching today's episode about the bank robbery and Jim being taken hostage, which prompted this thread.

It was laughable that one guy kept threatening to kill Jim.

I was like how many times will Jim escape near-death?

the plan for Pete to hide in the trunk was so risky; they could have killed Jim at any time.

I live in LA now. I moved her as a kid right out of college in the late 80s; it's changed so much in 30 years.

But it's interesting to see little bits of LA, mostly the valley, that still look somewhat familiar.

There was definitely a tone to that show that limited the range of the actors and character development.

by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2021 3:31 AM

R12, that's nice; I think those cons are great for fans to go and meet people they love watching on TV especially if they do it just once.

by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2021 3:33 AM

They were cute as anything off the Adam 12 set as well. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Marty Milner had the cutest laugh I've ever heard or seen.

You can see that these two men were great personal friends, not just co-workers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2021 10:44 AM

"Adam-12" was actually Malloy's nickname for Reed's dick.

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2021 1:22 PM

Reed didn't have big dick energy. Now Malloy, on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2021 1:30 PM

Reed wanted it bad!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2021 2:23 PM

REED: How 'bout it?

MALLOY: How 'bout what??

REED: I love you.

by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2021 3:31 PM

I'm hooked on these reruns.

They wrap everything up in 30 minutes and the show rarely got super-dark; one episode dealt with a cop who was killed leaving behind a wife and son and maybe a daughter.

by Anonymousreply 26April 14, 2021 12:49 AM

Youā€™re referring to the ā€œElegy for a Pigā€ episode. It was indeed a melancholy episode. There was another one where a woman kills her husband, and her little boy comes out of his room and sees the body. Breaks my heart every time.

by Anonymousreply 27April 14, 2021 1:02 AM

Kent McCord was my very first crush when I was a budding gayling around the age of 6-7. He's still beyond gorgeous to me.

by Anonymousreply 28April 14, 2021 1:30 AM

There was another dark episode dealing with an abandoned baby. When Malloy and Reed find the mother, she tells them how, when she learned she was pregnant, her husband left her and she realized she would never be able to raise a baby on her own, especially having been struggling for months. It was quite an episode during an era when motherhood was portrayed as carefree and beautiful, etc.

by Anonymousreply 29April 14, 2021 2:06 AM

You know if they made the show today, which would never happen because "cops are bad," they would be fucking each other senseless.

by Anonymousreply 30April 14, 2021 3:50 AM

R30, there's still a lot of good-guy-cop shows on network TV.

by Anonymousreply 31April 14, 2021 1:03 PM

Marty Milner is not a fag, and I'm the dame who can prove it.

by Anonymousreply 32April 14, 2021 2:06 PM

^No, but he sho' does use the word in this scene from Valley of the Dolls...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 14, 2021 2:16 PM

McCord was on an episode of Dragnet which led to Adam-12. I always had a thing for Joe Friday. I loved Adam-12 as a kid but I wish it had been more like "Wild, Wild, West" with more bondage and tighter pants.

by Anonymousreply 34April 14, 2021 2:31 PM

Bump!

by Anonymousreply 35August 14, 2022 9:08 PM

Both McCord and Milner were on Dragnet.

by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2022 11:36 PM

And so was William Boyett (Mac). He was also on 'Highway Patrol' with Broderick Crawford, the worst actor in the history of the industry.

by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2022 11:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!