Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Burning Man

Tell me all about it. What is it actually like? I know some of you bitches have been there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134October 6, 2022 9:58 PM

Anal everywhere!

by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2021 11:09 PM

Seems like a douche-bro get together with a lot of spoiled rich kids who call themselves 'artists'.

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2021 11:09 PM

I’ve never been, but I once worked with an editorial assistant who used to go every year.

She would then post her naked photos online. EVERYONE saw them, year after year, until someone in HR caught on. She was fired. I shed no tears because she was a squinty-eyed backstabbing bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2021 11:14 PM

Stinky. So much in the air that assaults the olfactory.

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2021 11:21 PM

It looks unsanitary.

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2021 11:28 PM

It is culty. I’ve noticed that from a crew of dweebs I know who go every year and attend planning parties all year. Middle aged people, not wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2021 11:40 PM

It's a huge drugfest

by Anonymousreply 7April 6, 2021 12:27 AM

I’ve been. If you don’t think you would like it, you won’t. If you think You will like it, you probably will. From what Inhave been told from people who have been going since the 90s, the cool factor was over circa 2006.

by Anonymousreply 8April 6, 2021 12:34 AM

Lots of male nudity and homosex

by Anonymousreply 9April 6, 2021 12:43 AM

It's a huge dpfest

by Anonymousreply 10April 6, 2021 12:57 AM

I think they should let the Burning Man remain and set the attendees on fire.

by Anonymousreply 11April 6, 2021 12:59 AM

It's pretty fun. You can find whatever you want there. Everything goes. If you're some uptight pearl-clutcher, it ain't for you.

by Anonymousreply 12April 6, 2021 1:00 AM

What's it like?

Like Wicker Man without the serious fun.

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2021 1:01 AM

I haven't been, but the Smithsonian Renwick Gallery did a Burning Man exhibit a couple of years ago and it was really impressive. Mesmerizing. The exhibit included an incredibly ornate temple carved out of balsa wood that was reconstructed indoors. You write a blessing/thought on a small piece of wood and place it somewhere among the carved walls, and after the exhibit, the Smithsonian shipped it back to be burned as an offering.

The exhibit also featured a fascinating vehicle made out of kitchen utensils, strange growing and shrinking mushroom sculptures and a psychedelic light display projected onto the ceiling that you watch while lying ok bean bag chairs on the floor.

The description doesn't do it justice. It made a real impression on my friend and me when we saw it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2021 1:09 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2021 4:10 AM

Are there buckets, 'long-drops', septic tanks or a sewer?

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2021 4:49 AM

It got too commercial. Very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2021 6:59 AM

i heard it's extremely dusty/dirty and don't bother showering because the minute you step outside, you get filthy again. also bring a bike. and yeah, all kinds of sex and drug trips are everywhere to be had. Also, bring a bike. When i lived in SF, people would often post furniture or other shit on craigslist saying it would be a great addition to burning man...furniture and other stuff. who cleans up after this festival? you know no one is packing in/packing out.

Honestly, the desert is not a favorite place of mine but if they held something like this in the mountains (without the burning part, which i realize would take the "burning man" part of it out, but you could come up with an other-artsy theme and it would be cooler), i'd probably like to check it out.

by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2021 7:19 AM

It’s all about reclaiming your masculinity and place in nature apparently

by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2021 7:37 AM

It was over by the early 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2021 8:33 AM

I want to know who this guy is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2021 8:39 AM

It's Hunter Biden, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2021 8:42 AM

Straight men take drugs and try giving oral sex.

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2021 9:46 AM

R21, that's one big dong.

by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2021 4:52 PM

That woman has zero boobies at R21

by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2021 7:58 PM

Someone post more Burning Man male nudes

by Anonymousreply 26April 6, 2021 9:47 PM

but the sex would be so "dirty" . Yuck!

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2021 9:49 PM

Are most of the straight women at Burning Man, prostitutes then?

by Anonymousreply 28April 6, 2021 9:55 PM

I like that the burning couple pictured have no tattoos. It makes them a hot couple. Her lack of tits is weird.

He looks like an electrician I’ve masturbated about.

by Anonymousreply 29April 6, 2021 9:56 PM

R28, I believe as there is no exchange of money allowed at Burning Man, and prostitutes get paid, there may be a lot of male and female sluts, but there are no whores.

by Anonymousreply 30April 6, 2021 10:00 PM

My friend used to go every year.- he really the boyfriend of my girlfriend but I consider him a friend..he bought a shitty RV and convince my gal pal to go and she hated it. Music blasting at all hours, pot smoke, cigarette smoke she said it was gross.

by Anonymousreply 31April 6, 2021 10:04 PM

I read in a Tales of the city book about it and it sounded fun. Any stories of the homosex?

by Anonymousreply 32April 6, 2021 10:10 PM

It's where white collar white men go to let off steam and try hard.

by Anonymousreply 33April 6, 2021 10:54 PM

Naked oil wrestling. I'd try it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 6, 2021 11:26 PM

Isn't it a movie where Nicolas Cage gets stung with bees and then they burn him?

by Anonymousreply 35April 6, 2021 11:29 PM

It’s full of the kind of people who live in “intentional communities”.

by Anonymousreply 36April 6, 2021 11:30 PM

It all looks so grotty and desperate.

by Anonymousreply 37April 6, 2021 11:45 PM

Nah, it's full of yuppie/techie types from the Bay Area who like cosplaying edgy alt/cool by stripping out in the desert.

As discussed above, Burning Man stopped being relevant over 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 38April 6, 2021 11:48 PM

The art and architecture look fascinating. But I don't think I'd care for the experience overall.

by Anonymousreply 39April 6, 2021 11:52 PM

I know someone who goes. I think it peaked a while ago — but I think it’s likely still interesting. Obviously, not for everyone. I love the idea of community, drugs, fun. I do not love the dust, the desert, the b.o.

by Anonymousreply 40April 6, 2021 11:52 PM

It is supposed to be a way to humble onself, eliminate distractions and get back in touch with gratitude for life. Unfortunately, it became trendy big business and now Silicon Valley people go glamping there in energy-hog mobile homes and abuse drugs there. It's supposed to be spiritually grounding and non-material--that's the whole point of creating art and then burning it, to separate from tempting material things. It's been perverted as an indulgent bacchanal.

These are the festival's 10 tenets:

Radical Inclusion Anyone may be a part of Burning Man. We welcome and respect the stranger. No prerequisites exist for participation in our community.

Gifting Burning Man is devoted to acts of gift giving. The value of a gift is unconditional. Gifting does not contemplate a return or an exchange for something of equal value.

Decommodification In order to preserve the spirit of gifting, our community seeks to create social environments that are unmediated by commercial sponsorships, transactions, or advertising. We stand ready to protect our culture from such exploitation. We resist the substitution of consumption for participatory experience.

Radical Self-reliance Burning Man encourages the individual to discover, exercise and rely on their inner resources.

Radical Self-expression Radical self-expression arises from the unique gifts of the individual. No one other than the individual or a collaborating group can determine its content. It is offered as a gift to others. In this spirit, the giver should respect the rights and liberties of the recipient.

Communal Effort Our community values creative cooperation and collaboration. We strive to produce, promote and protect social networks, public spaces, works of art, and methods of communication that support such interaction.

Civic Responsibility We value civil society. Community members who organize events should assume responsibility for public welfare and endeavor to communicate civic responsibilities to participants. They must also assume responsibility for conducting events in accordance with local, state and federal laws.

Leaving No Trace Our community respects the environment. We are committed to leaving no physical trace of our activities wherever we gather. We clean up after ourselves and endeavor, whenever possible, to leave such places in a better state than when we found them.

Participation Our community is committed to a radically participatory ethic. We believe that transformative change, whether in the individual or in society, can occur only through the medium of deeply personal participation. We achieve being through doing. Everyone is invited to work. Everyone is invited to play. We make the world real through actions that open the heart.

Immediacy Immediate experience is, in many ways, the most important touchstone of value in our culture. We seek to overcome barriers that stand between us and a recognition of our inner selves, the reality of those around us, participation in society, and contact with a natural world exceeding human powers. No idea can substitute for this experience.

by Anonymousreply 41April 7, 2021 12:18 AM

Burning Man today does not follow those tenants anymore.

Yes, Burning Man long ago followed the footsteps of the once-great Coachella festival. Now full of "models" and influencers mingling with rich Silicon Valley slime.

by Anonymousreply 42April 7, 2021 12:39 AM

[quote] Burning Man today does not follow those tenants anymore.

I hope they at least paid their final month's rent.

by Anonymousreply 43April 7, 2021 12:42 AM

Fuck this shit, you gotta use the porta johns? Disgusting!!

by Anonymousreply 44April 7, 2021 12:43 AM

r42, Burning Man (1986) is the predecessor of Coachella (1999).

by Anonymousreply 45April 7, 2021 12:58 AM

The year I was there a private jet landed at the temporary airport with a couple of “Russian hotties” who were on the way to some tech billionaires luxo-camp. But they forgot their tickets. Plane takes off again and shows up 3 hours later and immediately takes off in a huge cloud of dust. Engines probably needed overhaul after sucking in that much dust.

by Anonymousreply 46April 7, 2021 1:46 AM

Some friends go and love it. They take drugs, identify as artistic/alternative and have all had an amazing “connection” with someone there but it never leads to anything more. Since I don’t take drugs, don’t like crowds and don’t like being dirty it wouldn’t be for me.

by Anonymousreply 47April 7, 2021 2:05 AM

Doesn't fit entirely, but this is from Lily Tomlin monologue about the Beatles going to India. "You have to be able to afford things like plane tickets to India to learn how to give up material things like plane tickets to India."

by Anonymousreply 48April 7, 2021 2:37 AM

[quote] [R28], I believe as there is no exchange of money allowed at Burning Man, and prostitutes get paid, there may be a lot of male and female sluts, but there are no whores.

I'm betting men far outnumber women at Burning Man, then.

by Anonymousreply 49April 7, 2021 2:40 AM

i wanted to go 20+ years ago when it was small and it was about art. now it just seems dumb

by Anonymousreply 50April 7, 2021 3:19 AM

The idea sounds great to me (an alternative, more welcoming, society network), but why does it have to take place in the middle of a hot and dusty desert?

by Anonymousreply 51April 7, 2021 3:39 AM

Bring goggles if you go.

by Anonymousreply 52April 7, 2021 4:07 AM

I've been to smaller-scale Burning Man-like events and had fun (Bequinox). Just an opportunity to let loose and have some fun with like-minded laidback people.

Naked male eye candy and free love is a bonus.

by Anonymousreply 53April 7, 2021 4:07 AM

It all sounds so desperately 'try-hard'.

by Anonymousreply 54April 7, 2021 4:22 AM

To be fair R54, desperately tryhard also describes your Grindr profile

by Anonymousreply 55April 7, 2021 4:57 AM

More Burning Man dong.

It's nice but they look like they smell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 7, 2021 5:10 AM

The more i think about it, the more the dirt, dust, heat and the constant music and noise when you need some sleep would totally suck. i'd go for the meditation huts and mushroom/acid trips, but knowing that all the tents and trailers are like right on top of each other makes me feel like it would be a constant influx of sensory perception and maybe a bit too much for me. i feel like i could possibly attend 2*3 days tops and then would feel "ok, been there/done that/i'm over it" and need to leave.

by Anonymousreply 57April 7, 2021 5:15 AM

It all looks so bro-y, twee and exhaustingly white and heterosexual.

I guess if you get a hard on for post apocalyptic cosplay it' really awesome.

by Anonymousreply 58April 7, 2021 5:23 AM

[quote]It’s full of the kind of people who live in “intentional communities”.

You mean like "suburbs"?

by Anonymousreply 59April 7, 2021 5:26 AM

r21 His are bigger than hers.

by Anonymousreply 60April 7, 2021 6:26 AM

Can you go if you wear contacts?

by Anonymousreply 61April 7, 2021 6:33 AM

r56 Somehow "desert dick" doesn't seem appealing to me.

by Anonymousreply 62April 7, 2021 6:36 AM

It's addictive and cult like. I've not been (though I want to go once), but I have a few friends who are very into it. When I lived in SF, the city literally quiets down because all the tech people are there of all ages. My friend is really into it. She volunteers. It's supposed to be this utopia, but my friends who live for this scene create a lot of drama out of stupid shit. I've been to some burning man house parties and there are a lot of 50+ wealthy straight men who have good careers but like to do drugs and hook up with men. There really is something for everyone. I'd want to do what is the cardinal sin - "the plug and play camp". You can do Burning Man in luxury with tents and nice beds all set up for you on arrival, cook, etc.

by Anonymousreply 63April 7, 2021 6:52 AM

Skankfest. Slobs, sleaze, stupidity.

I’m the owner/director of a major art school that automatically rejects all applicants whose résumés mention ever having attended Burning Man.

by Anonymousreply 64April 7, 2021 6:56 AM

Yeah right R64. Burning man is an older crowd than art school applicants.

by Anonymousreply 65April 7, 2021 7:03 AM

R65 A lot of younger idiots are surprisingly into it as well.

by Anonymousreply 66April 7, 2021 7:23 AM

Just don't be a Sparkle Pony.

by Anonymousreply 67April 7, 2021 10:57 AM

Typical DL thread, with 67 very opinionated posts and I think 2 people who have been. I’ve done it a bunch of times. From my perspective, it’s just amazing and unique in so many ways. It is culty, there are tech bros, there can be drama and the dust is unbelievable. But you also get to meet interesting people from a completely different perspective to your own. People create the most beautiful art and haul it out there. They put on amazing (and sometimes shitty) shows. You can choose your own adventure and explore the event’s different aspects, every day for a week. But for everyone there, they’ve made an effort, they often make you laugh and there is something of interest. So for me, that’s what makes it great, and brings me back regularly.

by Anonymousreply 68April 7, 2021 11:42 AM

I want to hang out in the “big penis only” tent.

by Anonymousreply 69April 7, 2021 11:52 AM

I WANT TO SEE THE BURNING MAN!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 7, 2021 12:03 PM

I've had friends who were convinced that I would love it and have tried to get me to go in the late 90's, but it really didn't appeal to me (I hate camping unless there are hot showers and a semblance of a toilet). I sort of wish I went then, but got to go to the first 2 Coachellas and some AfterBurner street parties. The first Coachella was in July or August and it was a disaster- 100 degree heat, DJ records melting, people and talent having heat exhaustion (they only allowed 1 water bottle to bring, no water to buy). The second Coachella was moved to spring, so the heat was better, and they were selling water on the premises. Both events had incredible artists and it was really all about the music.

Then I had to work a Coachella in 2014, and was surprised to find free water everywhere, but at that point, it was all drunk/drugged influencer kids who didn't care about the music. I expect many new Burners are like that- don't care about the art, just the social media aspect of it.

The AfterBurner parties were fun- because it was in the city streets, no dust to deal with. Music, fun performance art (I remember a Peanut Butter Bus that was giving away free peanut butter sandwiches), dancing, but alas, no dong show like the real thing.

by Anonymousreply 71April 7, 2021 12:55 PM

[quote]The idea sounds great to me (an alternative, more welcoming, society network), but why does it have to take place in the middle of a hot and dusty desert?

To make it less accessible to people who can't afford camping gear and RVs.

by Anonymousreply 72April 7, 2021 5:28 PM

[quote]Anal everywhere!

So, Hell's Kitchen?

by Anonymousreply 73April 7, 2021 5:29 PM

How do they transport all of that art? Some of those installations are massive.

by Anonymousreply 74April 7, 2021 5:30 PM

There was an episode of Judge Judy about burning man full of hipsters off their meds and something about a camper. I think someone had peacock blue hair. You know, because...attention!

by Anonymousreply 75April 7, 2021 5:46 PM

I’m old enough to remember the first one. The whole vibe was so different. It’s so commercial now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 7, 2021 5:48 PM

It sounds like a cult, a very dirty, very stoned cult.

by Anonymousreply 77April 7, 2021 5:55 PM

I wish there were a website of naked guys at Burning man

by Anonymousreply 78April 7, 2021 6:00 PM

[quote] y and don't bother showering because the minute you step outside,

I've heard stories about that playa dust that gets everywhere. And haboobs happen over there regularly?

by Anonymousreply 79April 7, 2021 11:24 PM

Can't they do something productive with all that land?

It may be dry but Israel succeeded in turning desert land into productive land.

by Anonymousreply 80April 7, 2021 11:45 PM

There's also "playa foot"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 8, 2021 12:57 AM

Does that playa dust get in your crack?

by Anonymousreply 82April 8, 2021 12:59 AM

I've been going every year since 1986, dazzling the crowds with my whirlybirds and selling fluorescent spandex leotards like hot cakes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 8, 2021 1:02 AM

R80. In a word, no. The area has open range with cattle and sheep on it, but the playa is incapable of supporting vegetation. It would be like trying to grow plants in a pot of baking soda.

by Anonymousreply 84April 8, 2021 1:24 AM

R82 Yes, it does. It’s even worse when you are naked. That dust gets everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 85April 8, 2021 1:25 AM

Why does it gotta be a burning man?

by Anonymousreply 86April 8, 2021 5:41 AM

I would assume water is highly valued there for keeping hydrated. It would require an entire lake to keep the participants clean and hydrated. Who would bring that much water to the festivities in the middle of a desert?

by Anonymousreply 87April 8, 2021 6:00 AM

I go with my sisters and nephews every year.

by Anonymousreply 88April 8, 2021 6:16 AM

At first glance it seems to be a bunch of dirty people going to a desert to do drugs and fuck. But as somebody who lives in Reno, you would be surprised at some of the people who are Burners. I've met several people who are very straight laced, work really hard at 9-5 jobs the rest of the year, then take off and lose their shit at Burning Man. Personally, I don't get it. That said, the Black Rock Desert has some beautiful landscapes. Its a shame it all gets trashed out by these fools at Burning Man. The upside is that it does bring money into the local economy and Nevada is really hurting from the pandemic shutdowns. We could have a conversation the wisdom of states with no income tax that are solely based upon tourism revenue but I'll save that rant for another day.

by Anonymousreply 89April 8, 2021 6:23 AM

At first glance it seems to be a bunch of dirty people going to a desert to do drugs and fuck. But as somebody who lives in Reno, you would be surprised at some of the people who are Burners. I've met several people who are very straight laced, work really hard at 9-5 jobs the rest of the year, then take off and lose their shit at Burning Man. Personally, I don't get it.

r89, people use it as an excuse to let loose, or release pressure, after bending over backwards to fit in (like, say working a 9-5 job which pays the bills and for Burning Man) the rest of the year.

by Anonymousreply 90April 8, 2021 8:47 AM

So they don't shower during the whole time they are there?

by Anonymousreply 91April 8, 2021 9:44 AM

Deep Douche Dive

by Anonymousreply 92April 8, 2021 9:53 AM

r91, Yes, they do- lots of RVs and bagged camping shower situations.

by Anonymousreply 93April 8, 2021 10:03 AM

commonly known as “Douche Bro Man”

by Anonymousreply 94April 8, 2021 10:24 AM

These guys do it right in an air conditioned camper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 8, 2021 11:08 AM

Day 1: Resting up at the sidelines of the Cum Dump Art Pavilion.

By Day 9, the mattresses and the wookie fur throws do get a bit manky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 8, 2021 12:14 PM

One of the very last things I would ever do- sounds awful.

by Anonymousreply 97April 8, 2021 1:06 PM

It sounds like a douche bro festival.

by Anonymousreply 98April 8, 2021 2:06 PM

[quote] people use it as an excuse to let loose, or release pressure, after bending over backwards to fit in (like, say working a 9-5 job which pays the bills and for Burning Man) the rest of the year.

Sorry, R90, if this is how these people need to blow off some steam they need some therapy. There are healthier ways to cut loose that don't involve drugs, anonymous sex, and not bathing for a week.

by Anonymousreply 99April 8, 2021 2:53 PM

What a unique observation for this thread R98

by Anonymousreply 100April 8, 2021 5:15 PM

The most popular men at these things are uncut and intentionally haven't washed their dicks for 21 days.

by Anonymousreply 101April 8, 2021 5:23 PM

You can expect to find this in the porta potty at Burning Man. Probably better to go dig a hole in the desert and shit in it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 8, 2021 5:30 PM

R93, there are also good portable solar showers out there now. Although if that dust is everywhere on the playa, you'd be dusty again in no time.

by Anonymousreply 103April 8, 2021 5:36 PM

I'd rather go to Comic-Con.

by Anonymousreply 104April 8, 2021 5:52 PM

The art displays and creative buildings are quite impressive I must say. How do they get the engineers and carpenters to come every year to make these things?

How does it work? One person designs something and people drive by with their bicycle and they just help building it? Some of these structures are not only huge but also very intricate. How do the building materials get to the site?

by Anonymousreply 105April 8, 2021 6:07 PM

r105, if RVs can be on the playa, so can trucks too.

by Anonymousreply 106April 8, 2021 10:23 PM

Friends of mine go every year. They often go to the orgy tents. A few years ago some of the str8 couples { six of them } went to one of the gay anal tents and jump in the fucking. All of the husbands and bf loved fucking the guys for the first time. Two got fucked. It was a free-for-all they said. If it is on this years they are going.

by Anonymousreply 107April 8, 2021 10:42 PM

But an apt one R100.

by Anonymousreply 108April 10, 2021 6:45 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 109April 12, 2021 7:54 AM

Smelly, woke bump.

by Anonymousreply 110April 12, 2021 5:53 PM

An ex is a Burner. He told me on the day we met that he went to Burning Man. Because he was hot, I tried to look past it. But it was not possible. Being a Burner really is a red flag. It really does tell you a great deal about a person. And, perhaps more importantly, his friends. It lasted two years. Every one of his Burner friends was useless, witless, brainless, and dull, dull, dull.

What is it actually like, OP? 68,000 people in the desert in August for a week and no plumbing. So what do you think it's actually like?

by Anonymousreply 111April 12, 2021 6:00 PM

The best description I've heard is that it's do-over for people who desperately wish they'd been cool in college but weren't.

You know, it's one thing to be naked and tripping in the desert when you're 19, quite another to be doing it when you're 33 and a digital marketing manager at Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 112April 12, 2021 6:12 PM

So it's literally filthy yuppies. lol

by Anonymousreply 113April 12, 2021 6:15 PM

33? Try 53. And more.

Grover Norquist is 64 and he is a Burner. How would you like to run across that sonofabitch naked at a party?

by Anonymousreply 114April 12, 2021 7:59 PM

I don't see how it's any worse than going to a bar with a bunch of queens who just sit around being judgy and bitchy

by Anonymousreply 115April 12, 2021 9:30 PM

They'd probably smell better R115.

by Anonymousreply 116April 12, 2021 10:04 PM

[quote]Every one of his Burner friends was useless, witless, brainless, and dull, dull, dull.

Which is quite amazing since the festival promotes imagination, creativity and individuality.

by Anonymousreply 117April 12, 2021 10:09 PM

I wouldn't bet on it R116

by Anonymousreply 118April 12, 2021 10:19 PM

Well, we can hope R118.

by Anonymousreply 119April 12, 2021 11:36 PM

Burners love giving and receiving anal.

by Anonymousreply 120April 12, 2021 11:43 PM

And you know they don't "prepare" beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 121April 13, 2021 3:36 PM

Safety third!

by Anonymousreply 122April 13, 2021 4:01 PM

[quote] I’ve never been, but I once worked with an editorial assistant who used to go every year. She would then post her naked photos online. EVERYONE saw them, year after year, until someone in HR caught on. She was fired. I shed no tears because she was a squinty-eyed backstabbing bitch.

She got fired for having her own nudes online? What was your publication, L'Osservatore Romano?

by Anonymousreply 123June 13, 2021 11:14 AM

R112 Is 32 okay then?

by Anonymousreply 124June 13, 2021 11:47 AM

Was anyone at BM this year? I think it was cancelled for 2021, but on again for 2022.

by Anonymousreply 125October 6, 2022 6:17 PM

Burning Man?

It's something your parents did.

by Anonymousreply 126October 6, 2022 6:22 PM

When are they going to do a Burning Woman?

by Anonymousreply 127October 6, 2022 6:24 PM

Burning Person

by Anonymousreply 128October 6, 2022 6:25 PM

The dust is a deal breaker. Also not being able to get the hell out of there if one changed their mind.

by Anonymousreply 129October 6, 2022 6:38 PM

It's a bunch of rich douches cosplaying as cool people.

by Anonymousreply 130October 6, 2022 6:39 PM

Even USA Today knows that it’s bad for the environment. These people not only pollute the festival area (leave no trace yeah right), they have polluted once pristine hot springs in the area.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131October 6, 2022 6:52 PM

I'm a nudist, so in theory, I would like to be there and experience it. However, in reality, I don't think so. I am not a camping-type person although I have gone--but it's been in a cabin. I need a shower--okay, if need be I can skip a day, but I need a toilet, not a port-o-potty.

As I said, I'm a nudist, so I would like to see the sheer naked freedom and accompanying sex escapades. But I still need a toilet especially over the course of several days or a week. So I guess this would be an obstacle.

by Anonymousreply 132October 6, 2022 7:24 PM

So you bring your own accommodation (RV, camping gear) or are there nearby hotels? You can bring anything to wear or not wear? I’ve also never really grasped what people do- “make art”, so you bring your own supplies? Where do you eat? Portapotties for a week? Or a hotel if you want. Showers? Never been obviously but not likely to get me to a hot dessert to run around doing what I don’t know. If I was serious about it I talk to guys who’ve been.

by Anonymousreply 133October 6, 2022 9:00 PM

Is that where the fire goes up in the man?

by Anonymousreply 134October 6, 2022 9:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!