Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lena Dunham debuts her new plus-size clothing line

Is there no end to her talents?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 14, 2021 3:57 AM

She wears exclusively ugly clothes that fit badly. She’s so unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2021 5:25 PM

You get a caftan...and you get a caftan...and you get a caftan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2021 5:25 PM

Oh honey... that suit.

You're not a designer. You're not an good actress and you're so tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2021 5:26 PM

That scalloped skirt is HIDEOUS.

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2021 5:50 PM

I’ve sort of forgotten that her name isn’t “Lens.”

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2021 5:56 PM

She should do a collab with Chrissy; I'm sure they could come up with some sassy and sexy frocks for the zaftig gal.

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2021 5:59 PM

Bitch, it's 'Lens.' Are you new here?

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2021 6:04 PM

I saw this article & my first thought was that I had to see what DL had to say about this line.

Being the hipster Lane Bryant doesn't seem very "on brand" for Lens

by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2021 6:10 PM

Lens is such a renaissance woman! It's amazing she has the time and energy to do so much

between meals.

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2021 6:11 PM

Wait wait wait...she wants to sell these, right?

Why did she choose to be photographed with the suit wrinkled and buttons hanging loosely?

Yes, the design is awful, but you can at least present it neatly.

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2021 6:14 PM

Everything I have seen her looks like crap.

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2021 6:15 PM

I don't believe her Glenn Close story at the end of that eye meltingly tedious article. Also, I think she conflated her fake Glenn Close advice with Helen Mirren's often told tale of how she likes to wear Lucite stripper platform heels under her gowns.

I can't stand this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2021 6:16 PM

[quote] “I have a big stomach, I always have. That’s where I gain my weight — especially after early menopause, I have a straight-up gut, like an old man — and that’s not where anybody wants to see flesh.

Wait--early menopause is between 41 and 48, and she is not even 40 yet. She had menopause in her thirties??? That's incredibly rare (it's actually called "premature menopause"). Her body must be so fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2021 6:21 PM

[quote] “The only way I’ve been able to make the red carpet interesting, or in any way meaningful, is to be myself with no concern for whether the people who are watching are going to anoint it best or worst anything, because then at least I’m saying something about being a woman in this body that only I can say. And maybe there’s some girl at home going to her prom and she feels like she doesn’t have the right body and she sees me in this weird nutty dress and she feels like, ‘If that girl can go to the Emmys dressed like that, then maybe I can show up to my junior prom dressed like this.’”

So, she's saying: if I look awful on the red carpet, it enables other fat girls to look awful at their junior proms.

How empowering!

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2021 6:23 PM

House of Large Marge

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2021 6:25 PM

Really, this cunt gets a spot in the NYT? White privilege at its best(worst) She offers the world litterally nothing.

by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2021 6:26 PM

Finally!! Other ravishing beauties like our Lens have a fashion go-to!

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2021 6:28 PM

Moby-Dick, a Fashion House for Women of Size... and Attitude!

"Thar She Blows!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2021 6:29 PM

[quote] Ms. Dunham at the Emmy Awards in 2014, when she wore a pink Giambattista Valli dress and a blond bowl cut. “Maybe I took it a little too far, but I loved that bowl cut,” she said. “I was like: ‘Firstly, this dress was in Vogue, and it looked amazing on the model. You just have no context for seeing it on a different body. And does my joy scare you? Because I’m having a great time.’”

Her joy... scaring me? Not any more, it doesn't!

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2021 6:31 PM

Op: "Is there no end to her talents?"

Yes, and it occurred quite some time ago.

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2021 6:35 PM

Why's everyone so hard on this girl? Because she dares not starve herself to a size 0? Because she dares to be successful inspire of her not-size-zero body? She has created smart, funny television; she's contributed something of substance to our society.

by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2021 6:36 PM

I love the Instagram photo she circulated to show off her glamorous scalloped miniskirt. Such poise and elegance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2021 6:36 PM

She looks different — has she had work done in addition to her steroid-induced “bloating”?

by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2021 6:37 PM

Isn’t the idea of getting new clothes to be attractive? Not unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote]She looks different — has she had work done in addition to her steroid-induced “bloating”?

She's always had very thin, wispy hair and now her hair is very long & thick - are those extensions or a wig? Because if she's menopausal, her thin hair would get *worse* not better.

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2021 6:44 PM

[quote] she's contributed something of substance to our society.

One can certainly call her a woman of substance.

by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2021 6:51 PM

Brave and stunning!

by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2021 6:52 PM

"Why's everyone so hard on this girl? Because she dares not starve herself to a size 0? Because she dares to be successful inspire of her not-size-zero body? She has created smart, funny television; she's contributed something of substance to our society."

No Lens, because you are a narcissist. Because you aren't funny. You got lucky with a deal with HBO and got some attention which fed your already addled massive ego. So instead of taking what this little creative life you have left you decided instead to eat 20,000 calories a day and look like Shelly Winters in the Poseidon Adventure. Actually you look more like the boat itself. But rather than take a good look at yourself or any responsibility for your health and appearence, its all under guise of shaming. Nice try Lens. Get help immediately. And for Gods sakes please go the fuck away.

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2021 7:21 PM

r15, she had a hysterectomy. Those clothes are awful and the pictures embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2021 9:06 PM

Fashions from a whole new LENS 😂

by Anonymousreply 30April 5, 2021 9:14 PM

I'm afraid Lena is inevitably heading into Andrea Dworkin territory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 5, 2021 9:16 PM

For those who think the NYT is still a serious newspaper: This got 2000 words.

by Anonymousreply 32April 5, 2021 9:18 PM

R32 but SHE HAS THOTS.

by Anonymousreply 33April 5, 2021 9:22 PM

I'm all for anything that gets her to wear clothing more often.

by Anonymousreply 34April 5, 2021 9:25 PM

I know for a fact she dislikes being a rhino.

by Anonymousreply 35April 5, 2021 9:48 PM

“Right now the only thing I’m doing is speaking about my own experience,” she said. “So this clothing line is a direct response to my experience.” "She describes them as clothes for a day walking around SoHo doing all sorts of things."

Gee, concentrating on her own experience, how brave and out of character for her. What "things" have there been to do in SoHo for the last 30 years aside from shop and lunch? And of course her NYC-famous parents are involved, though I'm kind of surprised Laurie Simmons would come up with the dumb idea of naming clothing after shuttered grocery stores. What's most annoying about LD's empty overtures to inclusivity and not giving a fuck is that she still so desperately cares what the media/entertainment establishment (Vogue, the Emmy Awards, HBO, the NYT) think of her.

by Anonymousreply 36April 5, 2021 10:04 PM

I'd eat her out.

by Anonymousreply 37April 5, 2021 10:05 PM

Who's her designer - Omar the tent maker?

by Anonymousreply 38April 5, 2021 10:09 PM

Tedious. Lens should hire someone to abandon her in a third world country for a few years.

She would gain perspective of a world outside herself, learn skills, and the parasites/starvation would address her weight issues.

by Anonymousreply 39April 5, 2021 10:12 PM

Eventually, she'll have gastric bypass or liposuction "for her health" and "live her truth" through plastic surgery. You know this tub of shit hates being fat, no matter how much she claims otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 40April 5, 2021 10:14 PM

Damn if only she could actually be a good spokesmodel (LOL) or designer for fat chicks. FIRSTLY I imagine there’s a lot of money to be made there. And fat child could look and feel a little better if there were better clothes available to them.

Not Layne B or Torrid. Something sleek and hip and tailored.

Not like the hideous my first sewing machine project the NYT chose to feature.

by Anonymousreply 41April 6, 2021 12:27 AM

By fat child I meant fat women.

by Anonymousreply 42April 6, 2021 12:28 AM

The silliest thing is all the positive “go girl!” “Gorgeous!” comments on her Instagram by B and C list female celebrities who would rather die a painful death than have a body like Lens’. And they think that suit is hideous.

by Anonymousreply 43April 6, 2021 12:28 AM

😾 [italic] Meowch !

by Anonymousreply 44April 6, 2021 12:34 AM

like acting?

Before she died, Joan Rivers said about Lens who criticized Seth MacFarlane: "Get on a treadmill and eat a salad."

by Anonymousreply 45April 6, 2021 12:44 AM

She’s very unattractive, particularly her body shape. Feel bad for her because it’s mainly genetics-flat chest, wide hips, belly. But I liked Girls.

by Anonymousreply 46April 6, 2021 2:21 AM

It was kind of her to do this for us.

by Anonymousreply 47April 6, 2021 2:28 AM

Does it include accessories like a necklace made of pebbles?

Asking for her sister.

by Anonymousreply 48April 6, 2021 2:32 AM

Shot with a wide-angled lens

by Anonymousreply 49April 6, 2021 2:57 AM

Is that a recent pic ? She big like a house

by Anonymousreply 50April 6, 2021 3:02 AM

So apparently her parents never said no to her. And calked her beautiful and talented too much.

She. Is. A. Fucking. Nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 51April 6, 2021 3:32 AM

I’ll take the top. In circus tent.

by Anonymousreply 52April 6, 2021 3:34 AM

How did this hog get to be a celebrity? She sucks at everything and she has always looked like shit.

by Anonymousreply 53April 6, 2021 3:36 AM

r9 She ate a big sandwich during the interview.

by Anonymousreply 54April 6, 2021 3:56 AM

😏 Yet here she is, laughing all the way to the bank .......

by Anonymousreply 55April 6, 2021 3:57 AM

(R55) Money can’t buy class. A pizza, but not class.

by Anonymousreply 56April 6, 2021 3:59 AM

She should have ate the big salad.

by Anonymousreply 57April 6, 2021 3:59 AM

As a fat womon would I be useful on garbage detail?

by Anonymousreply 58April 6, 2021 4:21 AM

Lens Dunham is oddly like Andrew Sullivan (of all people): they both want other people to hang on their eveyr word, and agree with everything they say'; at the same time, they change their opinions wildly all the time. Lena told us she was body-positive about her weight; then she tried to lose weight and exercise and eat better; now she has given up, and has gone to "body-neutral" (whatever that means). And she wants the masses to agree with her every step along the way.

It's not that this narcissism is unknown or even unusual; but it is odd the New York Times keeps giving her narcissism so much ink... especially when her last successful artistic project, "Girls," finished literally years ago.

by Anonymousreply 59April 6, 2021 5:00 AM

[quote] She looks different — has she had work done in addition to her steroid-induced “bloating”?

r23 Despite being ugly and obese regardless of whatever she does, she seems to have sth subtle done.

[quote] Really, this cunt gets a spot in the NYT? White privilege at its best(worst) She offers the world litterally nothing.

r16 I agree but would say more class privilege with 'NYC-famous parents'

by Anonymousreply 60April 6, 2021 5:57 AM

R53 See R60-wealthy parents with connections.

She feels entitled to a life in the spotlight now, whether the public wants to see her or not.

by Anonymousreply 61April 6, 2021 6:58 AM

Her antics do amuse me.

by Anonymousreply 62April 6, 2021 7:09 AM

Is poor Lens still in constant pain from Fibromyalgia with Morgellons of her remaining lady bits?

by Anonymousreply 63April 6, 2021 9:43 AM

Is she the one who stuck stuff up her little sisters vag?

by Anonymousreply 64April 6, 2021 10:27 AM

R64 pebbles.

by Anonymousreply 65April 6, 2021 11:09 AM

She has a boyfriend? I always wonder about the men who attach themselves to her. She must buy pay for everything.

by Anonymousreply 66April 6, 2021 11:09 AM

She always looks so happy.

by Anonymousreply 67April 6, 2021 12:10 PM

I can’t believe none of you noticed the long dress with hideous yellow flowers. That print was designed by none other than Carroll Dunham, painter and father of Lens. Let us hope he will be designing more fabric prints for her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 6, 2021 12:51 PM

Thank you, OP, for not encouraging that "Lens" stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 69April 6, 2021 2:22 PM

Her sexual abuse of her younger sister turned her trans/dykey. She’s a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 70April 6, 2021 2:40 PM

She will go down as a one-hit wonder.

by Anonymousreply 71April 6, 2021 2:46 PM

[Quote]Really, this cunt gets a spot in the NYT? White privilege at its best(worst) She offers the world litterally nothing.

I know right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 6, 2021 3:04 PM

Awful. She's such a bush pig.

by Anonymousreply 73April 6, 2021 3:36 PM

Can someone please post that cartoon animal who so resembles Lena? It never fails to crack me up.

by Anonymousreply 74April 6, 2021 3:39 PM

Diet Coke and a pizza, please.

Diet Coke and I'm on my knees, screaming,

"BIG GIRL, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!"

by Anonymousreply 75April 7, 2021 12:23 AM

Can someone explain the background of her DL name “Lens?” Was it orig a typo?

by Anonymousreply 76April 9, 2021 12:47 AM

I thought she lost a ton of weight. No? Did she rebound?

by Anonymousreply 77April 9, 2021 12:49 AM

Willfully and defiantly hideous.

by Anonymousreply 78April 9, 2021 12:51 AM

That article in the NY Times kisses her big lumpy ass from here to kingdom come. The NY Times is getting to be really shitty.

by Anonymousreply 79April 9, 2021 12:54 AM

Not the first time I’m glad for the NYT paywall.

by Anonymousreply 80April 9, 2021 12:56 AM

You eat whatever you want. You take up as much space as you have to. But you must exercise. Period.

by Anonymousreply 81April 9, 2021 1:07 AM

I like her. I even like her self involvement. I think she can be funny,and shes really not a bad actress. I prefer her far more than Chrissy Metz.

by Anonymousreply 82April 9, 2021 1:46 AM

Let’s look on the bright side. At least she’s wearing clothes.

by Anonymousreply 83April 9, 2021 2:00 AM

I passed by OP’s pic and thought DAMN! That bitch looks like Trump! She’s trying to give sultry and instead it’s Trump’s moody, bitch face.

by Anonymousreply 84April 9, 2021 2:07 AM

Her thighs went condo!

I took her to a bakery and she took all the numbers!

I asked her what she wanted on her burger, she said a hot dog!

by Anonymousreply 85April 9, 2021 2:08 AM

Her ass is so big she has to sit around in shifts.

When she sits around the house....she sits around the house.

She took her pants to the dry cleaners and the lady said, "we don't do curtains."

When she wore a yellow raincoat people yelled "Taxi!"

by Anonymousreply 86April 9, 2021 3:39 PM

She's a fun fatty.

by Anonymousreply 87April 10, 2021 12:34 PM

Will the collection be available at Georgia tent and awning?

by Anonymousreply 88April 10, 2021 2:13 PM

R84 your Trump jokes are so hip and current. You are obviously one of the cool kids.

Next please make a Nixon joke.

by Anonymousreply 89April 10, 2021 2:16 PM

Now she is in trouble for not making a 5X.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 10, 2021 3:02 PM

[quote]She's always had very thin, wispy hair and now her hair is very long & thick - are those extensions or a wig?

Good catch. I'm thinking extensions. She's always had "problem hair" which I thought looked best moderately short.

She mentions post-COVID issues with her adrenal glands. Her face really does look different: her features have coarsened recently (along with the multiple chins, etc.) and I think the hairstyle is meant to camouflage her bloated face. Lens was never a beauty but she had a pleasant face back in the days of GIRLS.

You just know she ate that poor bird immediately after the photo was taken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 10, 2021 3:04 PM

It's makeup and lighting, of course, but look at how different she looks here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 10, 2021 3:07 PM

PCOS causes weight gain and hair loss.

by Anonymousreply 93April 10, 2021 3:10 PM

[quote] She mentions post-COVID issues with her adrenal glands.

So she's blaming Covid for her problems now? What happened to the patriarchy?

by Anonymousreply 94April 10, 2021 3:15 PM

Ten cents a dance...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 10, 2021 3:39 PM

Portrait of the artist as a young Lens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 10, 2021 3:40 PM

Wait... she moved to Los Angeles some years back (and owned that lovely little house she put up for sale).... and still doesn't drive?

Good grief.

by Anonymousreply 97April 10, 2021 3:50 PM

R96 she is so fat, she probably had to take two selfies and stitch them together.

by Anonymousreply 98April 10, 2021 3:53 PM

what happened to her struggles with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome? Maybe she realized she got her symptoms confused...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 10, 2021 9:35 PM

No opinion of her because I didn’t watch the HBO program nor any forms of her media. But she’s photographed often in the NY Post and her social media images get a lot of pickup, and she’s an odd influencer. Physiologically she looks to have some difficult metabolic and endocrine issues, and there is a real psychological aspect to managing these even in private life, let alone as an “influencer”. She does put herself out there, and probably too much of herself. She comes from a really, really progressive environment (Saint Ann’s school in Brooklyn is legendarily centered on learner voice and agency). I do see real sadness in her expression in many of these odd images. She’s a bit like hour generation’s Pat Ast, but also a little Sylvia Plath. But way too “revealed” and almost driven to share and show the things most of us hide. She’s very different in that way.

by Anonymousreply 100April 10, 2021 10:15 PM

Considering all the physical maladies I'm surprised she's still alive. But then I think all her talk about suffering this or that is just a lot of horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 101April 11, 2021 3:39 AM

r84 She certainly has Trump's figure.

by Anonymousreply 102April 11, 2021 5:29 AM

She has admitted to making up illnesses to her parents as a teen. Now she just does it to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 103April 11, 2021 5:37 AM

R90 "Dunham may be the ‘biggest’ one in a lot of rooms, but there’s still no denying that compared to many of us, she benefits from tremendous privilege where her size is concerned."

by Anonymousreply 104April 11, 2021 2:22 PM

R104 ...tremendous privilege

by Anonymousreply 105April 11, 2021 2:24 PM

She’s a Spoonie. A bottomless pit of need.

Some people like that.

by Anonymousreply 106April 11, 2021 3:36 PM

[quote] She has admitted to making up illnesses to her parents as a teen. Now she just does it to everyone.

Munchausan's Syndrome

by Anonymousreply 107April 11, 2021 6:47 PM

Attention whoredom

by Anonymousreply 108April 12, 2021 12:03 AM

Apparently, Lens has not gained the trust of the fat community!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 16, 2021 5:36 PM

I think she's fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 110April 16, 2021 5:50 PM

R100, oh, give it a rest, Lena. You're just a fatter, pre-surgery Kardashian. 'Girls' was a banal, privileged, white girl reality show framed as prestige television.

About the East Coast.

by Anonymousreply 111April 16, 2021 8:44 PM

The line is called “Fat Fuck” I believe.

by Anonymousreply 112April 16, 2021 8:58 PM

At least she's come up with some self-involved way to cover-up her body.

by Anonymousreply 113April 16, 2021 9:08 PM

Why all the hate? She's written some funny television. She's acted in some quirky roles. She even taught Taylor Swift that it's OK for a woman to call herself a feminist. She's contributed much more to society and pop culture than the Kardashians, Gwyneth, and many others. And people despise her because...she's not thin? Sad.

by Anonymousreply 114April 16, 2021 9:22 PM

What are Lens' "quirky roles," R114, outside of her indie film and her HBO series, where she cast herself as the lead? (She had a cameo in another indie--written, directed by, and starring--wait for it--her own MOTHER.)

I'm no fan of Gwyneth P, either (is she the alternative?) but I think her body of acting work compares favorably with Lens'.

by Anonymousreply 115April 16, 2021 9:36 PM

[quote]almost driven to share and show the things most of us hide. She’s very different in that way.

Huh? What rock have you been living under? With her generation and younger it's ALL show and tell. They obsessively post about every burp and fart on social media.

by Anonymousreply 116April 16, 2021 9:41 PM

Her county jail tattoos are the very height of rich-white-lady eleganza!

by Anonymousreply 117April 16, 2021 9:46 PM

[quote] I like her. I even like her self involvement. I think she can be funny,and shes really not a bad actress. I prefer her far more than Chrissy Metz.

Chrissy Metz is at least a good actress (as opposed to being “really not a bad” one). It’s her redeeming feature.

by Anonymousreply 118April 16, 2021 10:07 PM

She's horribly fat and she's going grey. What is the point of her living?

by Anonymousreply 119April 16, 2021 10:16 PM

She can live, she can create art, but we, Americans and the world, have rejected her as a celebrity. We don't want to see her, read about her, think about her. She needs to get the message and stop trying for celebrity.

We've had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 120April 16, 2021 10:19 PM

Coming to a Dress Barn near you!

by Anonymousreply 121April 16, 2021 10:23 PM

I enjoyed Lena Dunham's Girls however I don't much like her because I find her dishonest, hypocritical and occasionally doing so to hurt others. She seems to have both character flaws and a personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 122April 16, 2021 10:25 PM

R115, she was also in Tarantino's "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood".

by Anonymousreply 123April 16, 2021 10:43 PM

I'm a buyer and we're very excited to find any economical-wear designs for what are now the smaller sizes in the ever-growing American market. Style doesn't matter. These women just want to be told they look great and sexy. If they actually had any taste they wouldn't look like that. They only have eyes for what's in Mr. Pinky's white box.

But I will need to know if (1) the skirt fabric is combustible, with the likelihood of thigh friction sparks and (2) will the brand runners apologize for the use of an obvious psychiatric-case "model" in early photos, such as with the OP's and R22's shots? We cannot be associated with any company taking advantage of the mentally ill, no matter how repugnant the person looks to fit the artiste's vision behind the shoot. Our own branding has to at least appear to respect these demented porkers. Market is market

by Anonymousreply 124April 16, 2021 10:53 PM

"And people despise her because...she's not thin?"

No, she's despised because she has no talent and is an awful human being. Of course her flaunting her fat, blubbery body doesn't help make people like her, either.

by Anonymousreply 125April 17, 2021 12:10 AM

Whaling season has come around so quickly. I must grab my harpoon and head in Lena's direction.

Anyone here have an address?

by Anonymousreply 126April 17, 2021 12:18 AM

I’ve beard of here here, but nowhere else.

Never realized. She’s really fat.

by Anonymousreply 127April 17, 2021 3:06 AM

White Millennial women had to cancel her. She was a bit too fat, obnoxious, and entitled i.e just like them. Girls hit too close to home.

by Anonymousreply 128June 9, 2021 10:49 PM

Will Chrissy Metz get to walk the runway in one of her tents?

by Anonymousreply 129June 9, 2021 10:54 PM

Hi R114!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 9, 2021 10:54 PM

"Can’t decide is she fat od not, but one’s is sure, Lena Dunham nude photos aren’t making me hard at all! She’s just interesting and ugly, but not sexy! She was nude many times, in series Girls and on her private pics she shared herself! Lena has pussy perky tits and hairy chubby pussy!"

😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 131June 9, 2021 11:51 PM

What exactly are pussy perky tits??

by Anonymousreply 132June 10, 2021 10:33 PM

Manatee: A Line for Women Roomy in the Hips, by Lena Dunham.

Sold Exclusively by Sears.

by Anonymousreply 133June 10, 2021 10:46 PM

Defiantly hideous.

by Anonymousreply 134June 10, 2021 11:15 PM

But "Girls" was really REALLY great.

by Anonymousreply 135June 11, 2021 12:57 AM

"Girls" was NOT "really great." It sucked big time.

by Anonymousreply 136June 11, 2021 4:08 AM

Nope, "Girls" was a true original and seems like it should be a DL fave. The dick pic followed by the message "Sorry, that wasn't meant for you", Hannah's nasty diary entry put to song, Hannah attending the funeral of her dead editor to see if she can get the rights back, etc. Loved it and, no, I don't love Dunham off screen at all. Just her great work. (And yeah I'm a guy).

by Anonymousreply 137June 11, 2021 4:31 AM

I know it’s not a popular opinion but I like Lens

by Anonymousreply 138June 11, 2021 4:37 AM

To each his/her own, R137, but GIRLS got a lot of attention on DL during its initial run, and most of it was negative.

Many of us were initially amused by the concept (mostly because it was the "anti-SATC," which everyone was thoroughly sick of). But Lens was obnoxious and self-absorbed pretty much from the start, and the limits of her privileged world view were painfully obvious. It didn't help matters that the national media (particularly the NY Times) was infatuated with the show and largely blind to its faults.

So no, GIRLS was never a DL fave, IMHO. More of a curiousity piece.

by Anonymousreply 139June 11, 2021 4:40 AM

Thanks for a nice thoughtful debate, R139. Unusual for this site these days.

by Anonymousreply 140June 11, 2021 5:08 AM

I've never been so overjoyed to have reached my limit of free articles on a paper's website ever!

by Anonymousreply 141June 11, 2021 7:08 AM

LENS, HER NAME IS LENS!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 142June 11, 2021 7:10 AM

The funniest part of this whole debacle is her claim that she's been size 4 on the runway

by Anonymousreply 143June 11, 2021 7:22 AM

Weren’t we all R143!

by Anonymousreply 144June 11, 2021 7:26 AM

I would like to watch Girls because Adam Driver is so hot but I don't think I can tolerate that bunch of ugly women doing vapid things.

by Anonymousreply 145June 11, 2021 8:55 AM

[quote]She has created smart, funny television

If it wasn't for a former [italic]Newhart[/italic] cast member showing his cock, no one would care.

by Anonymousreply 146June 11, 2021 9:12 AM

R2 That's not a caftan. That's a CAR COVER!

by Anonymousreply 147June 11, 2021 9:18 AM

I enjoyed Girls. But Dunham is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 148June 11, 2021 3:22 PM

I saw a clip of "Girls" where Adam Driver, who played her lover, called her "pretty." WTF? Pretty?! She looked dumpy and plain. She coyly replied to him "Fuck you." God, that show was shit.

by Anonymousreply 149June 12, 2021 7:29 PM

[quote] I would like to watch Girls because Adam Driver is so hot [bold]ALTHOUGH ONLY FROM THE NECK DOWN [/bold] but

FIFY.

by Anonymousreply 150June 12, 2021 7:49 PM

It could have been a good show but Lens wrecked it by weaving it too closely to her actual life and then constantly chronicling that life on social media while the show was going on.

by Anonymousreply 151June 12, 2021 7:50 PM

they should've made Blerta a character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 14, 2021 3:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!