Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Glenn Greenwald Tied Up and Robbed at Gunpoint in Brazil

[QUOTE]Journalist Glenn Greenwald revealed he was the victim of a violent, hour-long robbery, during which he had a gun thrust in his mouth, at his rental home in Brazil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 22, 2021 8:44 AM

#thoughtsandprayers

by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2021 2:22 PM

#endlessdrama

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2021 2:26 PM

hahaha -- douche bag

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2021 2:28 PM

This is a man who continually shills for Putin, a man who has critical journalists murdered.

I hope he shat himself in fear.

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2021 2:31 PM

He must have uttered something that vaguely upset the kremlin. They keep him on a very short leash.

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2021 2:32 PM

That's a whole lotta shakin' going' on!!

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2021 2:34 PM

How much did his sphincter twitch with pleasure as he related the story of the hot young de silvas who tied him up and shouted manfully at him?

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2021 2:34 PM

In all seriousness, I wonder if he was targeted or whether it was a "random" break-in.

People around him would think he was wealthy compared to most Brazilians.

by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2021 2:36 PM

R7 hot!!! Heading to the favela ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2021 2:37 PM

In Brazil? Well, I never in all my life!

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2021 2:38 PM

Some people will do ANYTHING for attention.

What a great idea!

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2021 2:41 PM

Are we sure only gun was thrusted in his open, willing mouth?

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2021 2:42 PM

in one phot of him in the pool with his family he looks like Bette Midler!

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2021 2:43 PM

R3

Pathetic.

R4 is just a shill for the CIA who hates GG for exposing her incompetence. DIAGF, Cunt.

Anyone mocking his trauma is disgusting. The Democratic Party has become the party of petty and moronic twats. .

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2021 2:49 PM

Obviously targeted by Bolsonaro's thugs.

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2021 2:50 PM

Did I ever tell you you’re my Bozo? 🎶

by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2021 2:51 PM

Did he get an eye job while down there? They look off.

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2021 2:54 PM

Hillary's goons strike again!

by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2021 2:55 PM

[quote][R4] is just a shill for the CIA who hates GG for exposing her incompetence. DIAGF, Cunt.

Hello Yevgeny how is Moscow today? How many people are work in your Troll Factory?

Is there promotion in Troll Factory where you start by pretending to be Black Trump Supporter and progress to Democrat Vaccine Truther and then move on to Homosexual Concerned By Biden Liberalism?

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2021 2:56 PM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2021 2:56 PM

[quote] is just a shill for the CIA who hates GG

GG?

by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2021 2:56 PM

This is terrible. Greenwald's an asshole in many ways, and yes, a Putin shill and increasingly a whore for the American right, but this is awful. Hate to see this kind of thing. Would love to visit Brazil someday, but I do know it has a lot violent shitheads wandering around, sort of like the U.S. unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2021 2:58 PM

Oh, only an hour?

by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2021 2:58 PM

It’s still a shame when bad things happen to awful, awful people.

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2021 3:02 PM

Didn't something like this happen to him 10-15 years ago, too?

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2021 3:02 PM

It's the 12 dogs I feel sorry for. Who does he think he is, Mia Farrow?

by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2021 3:03 PM

Can we organize a GoFundMe to get this job done properly?

by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2021 3:09 PM

12 dogs and none of them put up a fight? What are they, French poodles?

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2021 3:10 PM

Shame is wasn't a big cock stuck in his mouth. Now THAT'S a story I would be interest me. You know- a hot urban terrorist like Josh Hartnett holds you hostage and teases you for hours.

by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2021 3:15 PM

For this man who supported Trump to “shake up the system”:

Womp womp

by Anonymousreply 30April 5, 2021 3:26 PM

Glenn Greenwald is a Pulitzer prize-winning journalist whose integrity is beyond all doubt, and he has done more to unmask the atrocious war crimes perpetrated by the several governments, than most of the mediocre and incompetent nobodies who are constantly praised in the media (Maddow, Chris Hayes, Joy Reid, Chris Cuomo, Anderson Cooper, Cenk Uygur, et al) as defenders of absolute truth, when in reality they are nothing more than corporate shills, who would gladly sell us all for a few million more.

Greenwald has helped to debunk the Russiagate nonsense (hence, the hatred for him in this cesspit of pseudo-Liberal mindlessness), exposed UK and US war crimes, revealed the links of Bolsonaro's government with organized crime, and denounced corporate corruption in the US government. He is what every other journalist ought to be, and the fact that many people have not been able to destroy his reputation in spite of the waves of hatred directed to anyone who deviates from the established discourse, only attests to the quality of his work.

As for the fact that he has been attacked, I am not surprised at all. The US-imposed Bolsonaro and the Brazilian right hate him with the heat of a thousand suns, and Greenwald doesn't have The Intercept's financial backing, anymore. Personally, I think that he ought to have fled Brazil a long time ago, but his brave commitment to the truth (and maybe, also his foolhardiness), prevent him from doing so.

Personally, I think that he is almost as admirable as Assange, and if he goes to right wing-dominated TV shows like Tucker Carlson's, it is because they are more willing to listen to dissenting voices than the so-called "lefties" (HAHAHAHAHA!!!!) at MSNBC, CNN, etc... Which should greatly alarm us, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 31April 5, 2021 3:29 PM

[quote] Glenn Greenwald is a Pulitzer prize-winning journalist whose integrity is beyond all doubt, and he has done more to unmask the atrocious war crimes perpetrated by the several governments,

Yes and I admire him for that work.

[quote] Greenwald has helped to debunk the Russiagate nonsense (hence, the hatred for him in this cesspit of pseudo-Liberal mindlessness),

He debunked nothing. He is an excellent journalist but his work on Russiagate was not at all credible. Glenn couldn't accept that sometimes the bad guy is really who it appears to be-- as it was in this case.

by Anonymousreply 32April 5, 2021 3:33 PM

R19 has to be the worst troll on here since Janbot. What a fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 33April 5, 2021 3:35 PM

R31 Is he still fucking the street urchin whore?

by Anonymousreply 34April 5, 2021 3:36 PM

R19 is right, the guy he's quoting is an enormous troll. He calls anyone who disagrees with him a CIA shill and is constantly threatening to kill people for what they've typed on DL. But jokingly calling him a Russian troll is worse? Come on, nobody's buying that.

by Anonymousreply 35April 5, 2021 3:39 PM

[quote] Personally, I think that he is almost as admirable as Assange

Oh! Oh my sides! The guy who doxxed left and right, the sloppy attention whore.

Anyway, Glenn had zero compassion for the girls dealing with Boko Harem. Perhaps thoughts and prayers have led him on a journey of discovery - being captured and abused a couple hundred more times.

by Anonymousreply 36April 5, 2021 3:41 PM

I am getting a lot of good data on people to block out of this thread, this is great.

by Anonymousreply 37April 5, 2021 3:41 PM

So in other words he experienced something that average middle class Brazilian fears/ experiences on daily basis. I had a colleague from Brazil who said upper-middle class families there are very aware of kidnapping and extortions. Everyone with means participate in bribes and kickbacks to help keep themselves safe.

by Anonymousreply 38April 5, 2021 3:42 PM

Fuck off and die, R31.

by Anonymousreply 39April 5, 2021 3:54 PM

R31 went full Boris. You never go full Boris.

by Anonymousreply 40April 5, 2021 4:07 PM

Also, fuck the NYPost.

by Anonymousreply 41April 5, 2021 4:08 PM

[Quote] Greenwald has helped to debunk the Russiagate nonsense

Whom do I believe...Mueller and the bipartisan Senate workgroup who both showed there were strong connections to Russia from the Trump campaign.....or Greenwood?

by Anonymousreply 42April 5, 2021 4:10 PM

Not the first time I've been called a CIA agent by Greenwald fanbois. Or a "Bush-worshipping neocon". Really, it's all they've got besides kneejerk misogyny.

Shame he got robbed, but he's a Kremlin agent so fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 43April 5, 2021 4:18 PM

Hello I’m Glen. Today I will be smearing Obama, trashing Hilary and seating Biden but I’m a democrat. I really am.

I will trash all the dem ideas and policies and try to make them look like fools on tv and in print but I am a true democrat.

Thanks for listening.

And don’t forget that Hillary betrayed us by using a private server. And Trump is not really that bad, not as bad as evil Obama.

by Anonymousreply 44April 5, 2021 4:19 PM

You forgot turning in a whistleblower to the feds, R44.

by Anonymousreply 45April 5, 2021 4:28 PM

I'm going to conclude this is an incident of "Bad trade".

by Anonymousreply 46April 5, 2021 4:38 PM

This was inevitable.

Anderson Cooper needs to read and heed.

by Anonymousreply 47April 5, 2021 4:39 PM

Sight, R32 and R42, the Mueller report didn't find any conclusive evidence about Trump's involvement with "the Russians", in order to do damage Hillary Clinton's campaign. The electorate preferred an off-the-wall, loud-mouthed and boorish clown to her, and instead of accepting it, she and her team concocted the Russiagate nonsense in order to save face... Which only shows their level of immorality and Narcissism.

[quote]The conclusion of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation was an unequivocal rejection of the conspiracy theory that has engulfed Donald Trump’s presidency. Mueller’s report found no evidence that the Trump campaign for the 2016 US presidential election conspired with the Russian government’s alleged effort to hurt Hillary Clinton’s campaign through the release of stolen Democratic Party emails. None of the figures, Russian or not, whose interactions with Trump associates were characterised as potential contacts with the Kremlin turned out to be anything of the sort.[/quote]

Also, R45, Greenwald worked extensively with Snowden and never turned in him to the Feds - are you insane? If you're going to try to smear someone, at least do it well. Your attempts at defamation are sloppy at best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 5, 2021 4:48 PM

Glenn was never a good journalist. He got lucky with Snowden. In reality he’s just a big drama queen who loves to complain

by Anonymousreply 49April 5, 2021 4:49 PM

They live and love to lie.

by Anonymousreply 50April 5, 2021 4:50 PM

That’s terrible! So, anyway...Brazilians are hot.

by Anonymousreply 51April 5, 2021 4:51 PM

""the Mueller report didn't find any conclusive evidence about Trump's involvement with "the Russians", "

That's the biggest lie on this thread. The Trump campaign literally met with "the Russians" in Trump Tower. The report didn't find definitive evidence of illegal coordination with the Russians (in part because they were blocked from much of the evidence.) but there was still clear cooperation with the Russians and they clearly welcomed the help. Try harder to be at least nominally accurate.

by Anonymousreply 52April 5, 2021 5:02 PM

R5 I doubt it, he seems very loyal for some reason.

The truth is Bolsonaro really dislikes him, and the president is a lunatic.

Anyway, Brazil is a dangerous country, so maybe there's nothing weird in this, it could happen to anyone.

For a while he was supposed to be a real journalist but on the 2016 he showed his true colors so it's difficult to feel empathy for him

by Anonymousreply 53April 5, 2021 5:04 PM

[quote]robbery

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 54April 5, 2021 5:04 PM

[QUOTE] So, anyway...Brazilians are hot.

They may be hot, but do you really want a couple guys like this running inside your home and tying you up for an hour?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 5, 2021 5:07 PM

R48, you’re a fucking retard.

Bonus retard points for linking to a piece by Aaron Maté. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 56April 5, 2021 5:08 PM

R55, the guy on the right in that photo is about as ugly as ugly gets.

by Anonymousreply 57April 5, 2021 5:09 PM

In other words...one of his tricks ruffed him up after he refused to pay.

Also, GG is the entire reason Reality Winner sits in prison for leaking documents showing Russia did indeed hack the votes in 2016. She gave him the documents and he ran with them then turned her in to protect his own ass.

by Anonymousreply 58April 5, 2021 5:10 PM

[QUOTE] the guy on the right in that photo is about as ugly as ugly gets.

Newsflash: handsome pretty boys don’t go around robbing people, R57. If you’re accosted by a thug, that’s more likely to be the face you’ll see.

by Anonymousreply 59April 5, 2021 5:12 PM

[Quote] the Mueller report didn't find any conclusive evidence about Trump's involvement with "the Russians"

It absolutely did. READ THE REPORT

He just used the standard of “Is there enough conclusive evidence to prove in court?” That he said he could not do conclusively. The Senate subcommittee however went further and showed there was definite evidence of a relationship with Russia

by Anonymousreply 60April 5, 2021 5:13 PM

R31= tankie

by Anonymousreply 61April 5, 2021 5:14 PM

Terrible news.

I wonder if moving to Brazil had been good for his career.

by Anonymousreply 62April 5, 2021 5:18 PM

What does “tankie” mean? I know I hate them, because every person identified as one on Twitter is someone I already hate, but I don’t understand where the word ‘tankie’ comes from.

by Anonymousreply 63April 5, 2021 5:19 PM

Why are you even bothering, r60? They state what they want to be true rather than what is true.

That’s what QAnon is of course. It’s what January 6 was all about too.

by Anonymousreply 64April 5, 2021 5:19 PM

Is there a GoFundMe for the robbers?

by Anonymousreply 65April 5, 2021 5:20 PM

R60...WRONG...Mueller said it was the job of Congress to take action since his hands were tied by DOJ...he also said ...point blank...that if Trump were innocent, he would have said so.

by Anonymousreply 66April 5, 2021 5:24 PM

But, Brazil is such a safe country.

by Anonymousreply 67April 5, 2021 5:26 PM

R63, strictly speaking, it’s a Stalinist. Today it’s used a little more broadly to mean a Communist with particularly authoritarian sympathies, as many on the far left are today.

by Anonymousreply 68April 5, 2021 5:26 PM

Gotta love Glenn coming to the DL trying to farm up sympathy.

Glenn only chose to discuss this "trauma" after he was widely condemned for punching down and putting an intern on blast just because he didn't like the article and she works at a paper that criticizes him. He always needs to be the #1 victim of the CRUEL LIBERALS or else his narrative, which he has carefully cultivated since he started taking money from Fox News.

Glenn continues to dispute facts in the Mueller report and will block you on social media if you bring up anything that disagrees with him. He is still peddling the Hunter Biden laptop story as some earth-shattering revelation when, even with the new report from last week, it still appears it's just bad business deals and not OMG CHINA. He calls out the corruption in Brazil yet fails to bring up the connections to the current GOP and how the Trump administration aided their corrupt leadership and helped it thrive pre-COVID.

And then there's Snowden. Glenn's reporting was good, but now we know a lot more and we know that Snowden wasn't this "hero". The story of PRISM and it's implications is horrifying, but it's a lot more complicated and Snowden's actions made things worse. Glenn pushed the story to make Snowden a martyr, when in reality he was a low-level IT guy who made a lot of bad decisions.

He claims to be an objective journalist, but he's pushing a narrative with every story he writes. That narrative serves to shame any journalist who disagrees with him. And the only reason he's doing it because daddy Murdoch is paying his bills.

The sad thing is Glenn is right in a lot of things. The center left is dumb. They blindly follow the DNC status quo, even when it goes against their stated personal values. Yet his attacks on the left have no real weight when he doesn't levy the same criticisms to those on the right.

We are in the age of disinformation, and Glenn is trying to play both sides while getting paid off by one of them.

by Anonymousreply 69April 5, 2021 5:26 PM

Brazil's crime rate is just behind Mexico, Venezuela, and Jamaica. More dangerous than Syria.

Brazil robbery rate was at level of 695.8 cases per 100,000 population in 2018 "Robbery” means the theft of property from a person; overcoming resistance by force or threat of force. Where possible; the category “Robbery” should include muggings (bag-snatching) and theft with violence; but should exclude pick pocketing and extortion. (UN-CTS M3.5)

Homicide rate 27.4 cases per 100,000 population

Number of homicides 57,358

Number of homicides by firearm 42,015

Homicides by firearm rate 20.4 cases per 100,000 population

Assault rate 274.3 cases per 100,000 population

Kidnapping rate 0.3 cases per 100,000 population

Rape rate 24.4 cases per 100,000 population

Burglary rate 15.8 cases per 100,000 population

Private car theft rate 114.9 cases per 100,000 population

One Glenn Greenwald is worth the entire CNN and MSNBC on air lineup

by Anonymousreply 70April 5, 2021 5:28 PM

R21 Greta Garbo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 5, 2021 5:31 PM

Very well said, R69.

I hated myself for agreeing with Glenn recently when he spoke up about trans issues. But even you’re right, you’re right—even if you’re the enemy.

by Anonymousreply 72April 5, 2021 5:34 PM

but *when you’re right, you’re right

by Anonymousreply 73April 5, 2021 5:34 PM

A white man got robbed = worldwide coverage

Black trans women of colour get murdered every day yet nothing!

by Anonymousreply 74April 5, 2021 5:38 PM

LOL ^^

by Anonymousreply 75April 5, 2021 5:39 PM

To add to R69, Greenwald if playing a game you can really only play if you have a trust fund and don't need to make money.

But he's a middle class kid from Florida who is reliant on other people's money to pay the bills, and thus can't be the independent doesn't-give-a-fuck journalist he longs to be.

by Anonymousreply 76April 5, 2021 5:39 PM

Glen, who one would assume is a liberal? or at least a leftie? Happily goes on fascist, white-supremacist TV shows because he love of fame and self-pity and his hatred for Hillary blind him to literally anything else.

Assuming he's not lying about what happened to him, that's terrible. But one can't just take what he says at face value. He's a self-promoting drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 77April 5, 2021 5:49 PM

[quote] The report didn't find definitive evidence of illegal coordination with the Russians (in part because they were blocked from much of the evidence.)

How convenient that a years long investigation still couldn't find enough evidence.

by Anonymousreply 78April 5, 2021 6:04 PM

And yes, we know there are foreign interference in our elections but it doesn't seem like the Democrats are too concerned with securing our elections process if it doesn't suit them politically.

by Anonymousreply 79April 5, 2021 6:05 PM

That's what you get for bragging about how much money you're making monthly on Substack. Criminals can read too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 5, 2021 6:10 PM

I have a friend in Sao Paulo (working class, works for an NGO advising male sex workers on safe sex practices) who attended an HIV/AIDS conference in Brasilia. Robbers took over the hotel and went door to door at gunpoint demanding cash and jewelry. The guests were trapped/held hostage for 12 hours.

Beautiful country, but when things go south they go south fast.

by Anonymousreply 81April 5, 2021 6:11 PM

[quote] How convenient that a years long investigation still couldn't find enough evidence.

You show your ass when you say something like this. You didn’t follow the investigation closely, and apparently didn’t read the Mueller report. Your input is not needed here, ignoramus.

by Anonymousreply 82April 5, 2021 6:41 PM

R28, He and his husband have started a dog shelter down there.

by Anonymousreply 83April 5, 2021 7:29 PM

He’s a drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 84April 5, 2021 8:30 PM

[QUOTE] I have a friend in Sao Paulo (working class, works for an NGO advising male sex workers on safe sex practices) who attended an HIV/AIDS conference in Brasilia. Robbers took over the hotel and went door to door at gunpoint demanding cash and jewelry. The guests were trapped/held hostage for 12 hours.

That sounds frightening. Never heard of robbers taking over an entire hotel before.

by Anonymousreply 85April 5, 2021 8:33 PM

Gee, I thought it was pleasantly quiet and non-trollish on here for a couple of hours. Now I know why!

by Anonymousreply 86April 5, 2021 8:35 PM

Brazil is a shithole run by thieves, fascists, and goons. He pissed off the wrong people down there.

by Anonymousreply 87April 5, 2021 8:42 PM

Pity.

That they didn't kill him.

by Anonymousreply 88April 5, 2021 8:47 PM

He should get robbed at gunpoint more often. It might do him some good!

by Anonymousreply 89April 5, 2021 8:47 PM

[italic]Da,]/italic] Evgenii (aka Glenn's "controller") at r14.

by Anonymousreply 90April 5, 2021 8:51 PM

R85, That sounds frightening. Never heard of robbers taking over an entire hotel before.

This isn't uncommon in Brazil. Years ago I stayed in a hotel in a street off Atlantica Avenida in Copacabana, and a close by hotel was taken over by a gang that robbed all the residents.

by Anonymousreply 91April 5, 2021 9:21 PM

It was Antifa!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 92April 5, 2021 9:39 PM

G"ddammit, Brazil. You had one job.. 😠

by Anonymousreply 93April 5, 2021 10:00 PM

What the fuck was he doing in Brazil, at a time when the pandemic is raging out of control there and the hospitals are running out of oxygen? I mean, WTF?

by Anonymousreply 94April 5, 2021 11:15 PM

I just always assumed he lived there for easy access to the favela kids. You pays your reals, you takes your chances.

by Anonymousreply 95April 5, 2021 11:26 PM

Sounds like an inside job. Husband and kids were out of the house at the time? How very convenient.

by Anonymousreply 96April 5, 2021 11:37 PM

So was it hustlers, or drug dealers?

by Anonymousreply 97April 5, 2021 11:43 PM

The funny thing is Biden is proving to be a progressive dream as a president. That is driving Greenwald nuts more than anything else possibly could.

by Anonymousreply 98April 5, 2021 11:48 PM

I confess, I almost left "EST 0/10" on his twitter feed to see if it got a reaction.

by Anonymousreply 99April 5, 2021 11:49 PM

#TeamGunman

by Anonymousreply 100April 6, 2021 12:01 AM

DO IT, R99!!!

by Anonymousreply 101April 6, 2021 12:03 AM

For DL, is Glenn Greenwald the thinking man's Andy Cohen?

by Anonymousreply 102April 6, 2021 12:14 AM

Shrug.

by Anonymousreply 103April 6, 2021 12:27 AM

It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 104April 6, 2021 12:50 AM

I was so sad... briefly.

by Anonymousreply 105April 6, 2021 12:56 AM

If a rightwing Trumper gets tied up and robbed at a favela, and absolutely nobody cares, was it really a crime?

by Anonymousreply 106April 6, 2021 12:58 AM

R102, no.

by Anonymousreply 107April 6, 2021 12:59 AM

He has a long history of defending white supremacists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 6, 2021 1:15 AM

At last Glenn has something to whine about. Will he blame this on liberals too?

by Anonymousreply 109April 6, 2021 1:16 AM

He’ll blame liberals and Hillary, of course

by Anonymousreply 110April 6, 2021 3:05 AM

R94, he's lived there since 2005, he didn't just go there recently for a trip or something.

by Anonymousreply 111April 6, 2021 3:23 AM

His husband David Miranda has the distinction of being the first gay porn director to be elected to Congress.

by Anonymousreply 112April 6, 2021 3:40 AM

I can't even visit countries with such a huge disparity in wealth, it's soul crushing. Of course, if the GQP had a few more years, they'd have finished turning the US into the same.

by Anonymousreply 113April 6, 2021 6:11 AM

I'm an escort based in NYC & Glenn is a former client that I saw half a dozen times and I KNOW what he's into sexually. I know for a fact that he completely enjoyed this entire ordeal and probably ejaculated in his pants.

This was one of his fantasies. Glenn is a masochist. It turns him on to share this experience. He's on cloud 9 right now.

Anyone who knows Glenn sexually, KNOWs he loved these swarmy, sweaty young armed thugs shoving a gun in his mouth and tying him up.

And btw, he's a complete and total piece of Shit who stole dope from me, would leave without paying and purposely antagonized me so that I'd threaten him etc. A total sick fuck.

This was like "Cake & Ice cream" for the POS.

by Anonymousreply 114April 6, 2021 6:56 AM

R114, I loved your post!

by Anonymousreply 115April 6, 2021 7:37 AM

He probably tried to get out of paying a teenage hustler he picked up on the beach.

by Anonymousreply 116April 6, 2021 9:54 AM

This thread is useless without pictures.

by Anonymousreply 117April 6, 2021 3:15 PM

His face reminds me of a deformed potato with eyes, a nose, and a mouth.

by Anonymousreply 118April 6, 2021 3:27 PM

Wow, R114.

by Anonymousreply 119April 6, 2021 4:06 PM

[[R114]] here

When I read the detailed story (posted on his blog thing), and read that his "husband & kids were in the city" and Glenn was at their farm in the country "alone with my private security guard" 😏... uhm that's a thinly veiled "dog whistle" that he's choking on the rent-a-cops Mandingo meat on the regular. I've been to Rio a few times; good luck finding a guy who doesn't swing both ways or a dude who's not constantly groping their package in public (sometimes I was unsure if they were cruising me or just wanting to show off their massive egg plants)

Also, I'm surprised that neither the NY Post or anyone here has stated the obvious; Glenn posted this to score free publicity for his new (journalist) ONLY FANS venture.

by Anonymousreply 120April 6, 2021 4:40 PM

Amen, R30

The fact that Walter Duranty has a Pulitzer Prize in the reception hall of the New York Times, despite his egregious lies about the starvation in Ukraine, while Assange rots in prison and Greenwald is in exile- that tells you all you need to know about democratic liberalism/socialism.

by Anonymousreply 121April 7, 2021 7:04 AM

R32

Surely to God you aren’t retarded enough to still believe that Russia and Trump colluded to steal the election in 2016? Are you a Kardashian?

Thank God for Tiabbi and Greenwald and Assange and Snowden.

If it weren’t for these for brave men then we wouldn’t know jack shit about what our government is doing overseas in our name. They are heroes, people like Brennan and Comey and Rice and Blinken and Kerry and Clinton and Kissinger and McCain and McCabe deserve to be tried, convicted and executed.

by Anonymousreply 122April 7, 2021 7:10 AM

inside job by the CIA.

by Anonymousreply 123April 7, 2021 7:28 AM

If the CIA really wanted to kill him they'd find a kid to pay to kill him in a street robbery.

by Anonymousreply 124April 7, 2021 8:11 AM

Glenn Greenwald just went on Tucker Carlson claiming that coronavirus lockdowns made the robbers so poor and desperate they were forced to break into his house.

He has really gone full right wing.

by Anonymousreply 125April 7, 2021 8:12 AM

Greenwald started out as a right-winger and then became a libertarian. He's always been more of a polemicist than an actual journalist. There's never any attempt to get more than one side to a story.

As for those who think there was no collusion between Trump and Russia, here's my question: who loaned Trump money post bankruptcy, when no bank would lend to him, and why?

by Anonymousreply 126April 7, 2021 8:34 AM

Two years ago Greenwald was defending Trump's involvement with Putin and trying to spread misinformation about Nancy Pelosi being blackmailed by Putin.

Greenwald comes from the left but hates pragmatic democratic liberalism so much he feels more at home with the authoritarian far right. Horse shoe theory.

When Russian agents attacked the Skripals in Salisbury, Greenwald's first instinct was to attach the British Government as dishonest, rather than question whether the Russians could and would have done it. Spoiler alert: it was the Russians.

Greenwald's friend Jeremy Corbyn took a similar approach - he called for a sample of Novichok to be sent to Russia so the Russians could determine whether they had carried out the attack. That, as much as Brexit, sealed Corbyn's fate at the election the following year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 7, 2021 8:54 AM

[quote]Surely to God you aren’t retarded enough to still believe that Russia and Trump colluded to steal the election in 2016?

Fuck off, Qunt.

by Anonymousreply 128April 7, 2021 12:46 PM

Both Greenwald and Trump are more complicit than mere useful idiots to Russia. But nice try, Borisbot.

by Anonymousreply 129April 7, 2021 1:13 PM

[quote]As for those who think there was no collusion between Trump and Russia, here's my question: who loaned Trump money post bankruptcy, when no bank would lend to him, and why?

We already know that one - the Russian mob via Deutsche Bank.

by Anonymousreply 130April 7, 2021 1:32 PM

Never forget: Glenn Greenwald promoted the Oath Keepers, as much as he'd like us to forget about it. He's always been the right wing libertarian asshole.

by Anonymousreply 131April 7, 2021 1:43 PM

Forgot to include the link^^:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 7, 2021 1:44 PM

[Quote] Surely to God you aren’t retarded enough to still believe that Russia and Trump colluded to steal the election in 2016?

I guess the bipartisan Senate investigators are retards because that’s exact what the Senate report concluded

by Anonymousreply 133April 7, 2021 1:45 PM

And who knows what else the Senate committee could’ve uncovered if not for a mountain of obstruction of justice, chiefly led by a (so-called) President who was above the law. If only we could’ve waited until these clowns didn’t have the protection of the Oval Office.

by Anonymousreply 134April 7, 2021 1:55 PM

I love watching him get smacked and trying to slap him back. Glenn is such a repulsive man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135April 7, 2021 8:57 PM

He’s addicted to drama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 22, 2021 8:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!