Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do You Live in a House Where a Crime or Murder Happened in It?

Prior to your owning it. I just found a web site that will tell you if a murder was committed at your residence or a crime that could lead to someone showing up on your doorstep looking for the previous owner. I’d love to hear how you can live in a home where something horrific happened before you lived there. Doesn’t it make you feel uneasy? Did you get a good deal on it. Did they disclose to you that something bad happened at the location?

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2021 2:27 PM

What’s the website op? I live in an apartment building that’s about 50 years old so I’m sure some bad shit must have happened here.

by Anonymousreply 1April 4, 2021 5:31 PM

It's the law in my state that realtors must have their seller clients complete and sign a form that asks whether the seller is aware of any crime(s) committed on the property. That form is then presented to everyone who states a desire to make an offer, so the seller's answer to the question is made known to the potential offeror. Just like disclosing conditions such as a leaky roof -- if you know or reasonably should know about it, you're required to tell potential buyers about it or you'll lose any lawsuit that's based on damages flowing from your failure to disclose.

by Anonymousreply 2April 4, 2021 5:50 PM

Dear Lutz Family aka R1, Is the website Died in House?

P.S. What did you think of as Margot Kidder and James Brolin playing your very own Kathy and George?

by Anonymousreply 3April 4, 2021 9:11 PM

I couldn’t live in a house where a murder occurred.

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2021 5:34 AM

I'm sure I live in a house where domestic abuse has occurred.

It was called normal marital relations back in those days.

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2021 5:38 AM

Where I live they have similar to r2 except they don't need to disclose unless.potwntial buyer asks. It's called a stigmatized property. And pretty mich they should just tear them down.

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2021 5:47 AM

The co-op unit next door to mine had a resident die and her son left her body in there until her next Social Security Check arrived. (This was when they still mailed checks.)

He got busted.

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2021 5:48 AM

Anyone who lives in an old house, pre-1920, can be sure someone died in it. Old people died at home.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2021 5:52 AM

NYC: I live in a modernist high-rise now, but I’m a grim ghoul and make mental note of where deaths happen and sometimes think of them when I walk past.

CT: my father lived in one house where there were scattershot holes from a shotgun blast in the closet. Not that it means someone died in it, but someone shot a gun in there. The whole house was creepy as fuck. There was one bedroom upstairs that I don’t think anyone ever went in. In 15 years I entered that room ONCE. (The shotgun bedroom was another room.). It had a cool iron claw-footed bathtub.

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2021 11:23 AM

I couldn’t find any murders in my building but there was a murder suicide across the street.

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2021 2:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!