Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Belinda Carlisle and her life in Thailand

It seems so random for a girl from Burbank. Does she live there to keep distance from those pesky bitches Jane, Charlotte, Gina, and Kathy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 14, 2021 12:22 AM

She likes to get banged by gangs of ladyboys.

by Anonymousreply 1April 4, 2021 8:45 AM

Belinda Carlisle is an even worse singer than Janet Jackson - and that's really saying something.

by Anonymousreply 2April 4, 2021 8:47 AM

When did she move there? Does she have a Thai hubby?

by Anonymousreply 3April 4, 2021 8:50 AM

Isn't it related to her wellbeing? She keeps a magnet in her knickers to help with menopause and she can do her chakras and yoga and stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 4, 2021 8:51 AM

She clearly moved to escape the pandemic lockdown in France and the US. She basically says so at the start.

by Anonymousreply 5April 4, 2021 8:54 AM

R3 no, she's been married to Morgan Mason for decades now. I think most all of her family, her son included, live in LA or at least the US. It does strike me as odd that she'd choose to live so far away from them. Granted, she can afford to travel, but still.

by Anonymousreply 6April 4, 2021 8:58 AM

My mum went to Thailand about a decade ago to see a friend she used to work with. Apparently seeing a mid 60s White women wandering around sends all the Western sex tourists scrambling in the other direction. Said it was the highlight of her holiday. Maybe Belinda is the same.

by Anonymousreply 7April 4, 2021 9:04 AM

I've always hated her.

by Anonymousreply 8April 4, 2021 9:05 AM

r8 why ?

by Anonymousreply 9April 4, 2021 9:07 AM

Wow she still looks good. I just googled she's already > 60. She looks natural unlike some women her age who look like aliens.

by Anonymousreply 10April 4, 2021 9:15 AM

R10 you called?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 4, 2021 9:17 AM

I love her.

by Anonymousreply 12April 4, 2021 9:18 AM

I have always hated her too R8. Her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

by Anonymousreply 13April 4, 2021 9:45 AM

There is a vast population of generation X women who owe their style to Belinda Carlisle - a compromise between Madonna whore and Cindi Lauper fauxpunk. They could get the bob and do a shave along the side to go badass - grow it back by the time they had to return home for Spring Break.

by Anonymousreply 14April 4, 2021 10:05 AM

A classmate in school always pronounced her surname as "Car-Liesl". To this day I think of her as Belinda Car-Liesl and expect her to start singing "I am 69, going on 70.

by Anonymousreply 15April 4, 2021 10:25 AM

Bangkok is a whole other world as is most of Thailand for those who haven’t been. If you have a couple million in the bank you can live like a king, more or less. I’ve spent time there on business with very rich colleagues in their beautiful mansions and could not wait to escape tbh. I’m not into trans or “ladyboys” so I guess I wasn’t the audience for that either, but I usually don’t fuck around on business trips anyway, especially if gay sex acts are potentially (?) criminal.

Agree, she’s escaping lockdown in a pretty city, removed.

by Anonymousreply 16April 4, 2021 10:31 AM

I know a tourist who went to Thailand last April.

He's trapped there and can't get out. The health system and the government system is chaos.

by Anonymousreply 17April 4, 2021 10:52 AM

R17 Why can't he get out?

by Anonymousreply 18April 4, 2021 11:40 AM

Has he overstayed his visa? I know that the government was giving automatic free renewals for a while but I think that has stopped.

by Anonymousreply 19April 4, 2021 11:48 AM

Boys, boys, boys...

by Anonymousreply 20April 4, 2021 11:53 AM

BKK must be her ‘Heaven is a place on earth’

by Anonymousreply 21April 4, 2021 12:14 PM

She’s a Buddhist, hence BKK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 4, 2021 12:19 PM

Her son is gay

by Anonymousreply 23April 4, 2021 12:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 4, 2021 12:28 PM

speaking of thailand and bangkok (what a name! laugh!).. and their sex business, is it

a) quite open on the streets even the busy streets in the city or only certain areas? and

b) do the "ahem" workers themselves have a preference and turn on? i mean if they saw some huge musclebound handsome white bodybuilder would they go "gaga" over him and swarm him wanting to service him and spend time with him? or is it they don't care what the guy looks like as long as he looks like he's clean and has money?

by Anonymousreply 25April 4, 2021 12:40 PM

It’s all about the money.

by Anonymousreply 26April 4, 2021 12:44 PM

She and Madonna are very, very nearly the exact same age. I think Carlisle looks better, and my God, what a prolific cocaine abuser she'd been for decades.

by Anonymousreply 27April 4, 2021 12:51 PM

I read her book and she was very into kundalini yoga, taking trips to India. Some people like to immerse themselves in different cultures. I don't see why it should matter to anyone else. I personally did not like Bangkok, but I am sure she can afford a far better lifestyle there than most.

by Anonymousreply 28April 4, 2021 1:22 PM

Rumours around the GoGos fan sites claimed her husband is into lady boys and she doesn’t care.

by Anonymousreply 29April 4, 2021 1:28 PM

If she did she is smart. Her GoGo money will be worht 10 x what is is in LA.

by Anonymousreply 30April 4, 2021 1:32 PM

We (bf and I) hired a ladyboy for the night. She could easily pass as a ‘real’ girl.

by Anonymousreply 31April 4, 2021 1:33 PM

I have known some Americans who have retired to Mexico/Central America for the same reason. Their money goes a long way.

by Anonymousreply 32April 4, 2021 1:34 PM

R23 does he give " Buddha" calls?

by Anonymousreply 33April 4, 2021 1:38 PM

R25 a) prostitution /barboys/bargirls are primarily found in certain districts of the city; usually in a clump of small alleyways that lead off from major roads. Patpong had the largest number of gay bars when I lived there. You also have massage parlors scattered throat the city. b) money then clean. Boredom with a veneer of faux enthusiasm is the best you will get.

If you have 2-3 minutes to watch part of this video: It captures the urban Bangkok vibe pretty well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 4, 2021 2:31 PM

Hate to tell you R2 but Belinda Carlisle is a MUCH BETTER singer than Janice Jackson. But then most people are.

by Anonymousreply 35April 4, 2021 2:33 PM

Also filmed out of season and way too early at night. Triple the crowds -up the thumping dance music - feel the humidity and crush of bodies

by Anonymousreply 36April 4, 2021 2:34 PM

R36 and the smell of diesel exhaust and curbside cooking

by Anonymousreply 37April 4, 2021 2:40 PM

Except for the stripper bars lining the street, that is a typical night market. They all sell the same crap all over Thailand. You can find the same stalls in the massive shopping malls and since they are air conditioned, if you do need a pair of cheap sunglasses or a cheap suitcase, it’s more comfortable browsing.

by Anonymousreply 38April 4, 2021 3:01 PM

I noticed a commercial recently playing We Got The Beat. It sounded like the GoGos, but like they re-recorded it for the commercial. They probably lost the rights to the original.

by Anonymousreply 39April 4, 2021 3:05 PM

Don't they execute drug users in Thailand? I hope she doesn't relapse.

by Anonymousreply 40April 4, 2021 3:16 PM

They still own the rights, R39, why would they have lost them? Was that just some random insult?

by Anonymousreply 41April 4, 2021 3:25 PM

Belinda and Morgan haven't lived in the US for most of their marriage. They moved to Europe after the Northridge earthquake in '94 and for the next 25 years lived between London and the south of France. In 2019 they came back to LA but only stayed a year and moved to Thailand just before Covid.

Morgan has family money and is loaded.

by Anonymousreply 42April 4, 2021 3:26 PM

r39 they wrote the original so how could they lose the rights to it?

by Anonymousreply 43April 4, 2021 3:33 PM

R14 Yes that is what happened to Her Serene Highness, Princess Charlene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 4, 2021 3:38 PM

R22 I'm pretty sure she is a member of Soka Gakkai, which is an offshoot of Nichiren Buddhism (some say SG is a cult). Nichiren Buddhism is Japanese in origin, and I think dates back to 12th or 13th century. Thailand is primarily Theravada Buddhist, IIRC; in any case, she'd be more at home (spiritually) there I suppose than in the US.

by Anonymousreply 45April 4, 2021 3:41 PM

[quote][R39] they wrote the original so how could they lose the rights to it?

Songwriting royalties were the reason the Go-Go's broke up.

Jane wrote most of the songs, Charlotte and Kathy were also very creative, but Gina and Belinda less so. There was a request that they split the royalties 5 ways so Jane quit.

by Anonymousreply 46April 4, 2021 3:46 PM

Love her!

by Anonymousreply 47April 4, 2021 3:46 PM

I shared on another thread that I met her on a flight once. I had been upgraded to first, and sat directly across the aisle from her. This was about 8 years ago. She was really beautiful, and very nice.

by Anonymousreply 48April 4, 2021 3:53 PM

Vascepa*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 4, 2021 4:04 PM

R48, did she share her drugs?

by Anonymousreply 50April 4, 2021 4:09 PM

Thanks to Belinda Carlisle and Nurse Jackie I know to never trust anything an addict says.

I loved Belinda and every interview she'd do to promote Runaway Horses or Live Your Life Be Free she'd be asked about being sober and say how hard it is blah blah and then Lips Unsealed came out and she was high the entire time! Lying bitch.

by Anonymousreply 51April 4, 2021 4:15 PM

I was never a fan. And now I snark on her to piss of the devoted Carlisle Stan on DL, as if this C-list charmless addict Carlisle is a great ARTISTE for the history books. The go-gos were fun. That was a long long long LONG time ago.

by Anonymousreply 52April 4, 2021 4:16 PM

She used to have a fabulous house in France. Maybe cash was running out and she sold it to move to ladyboy land? I think it is quite cheap to live in Thailand.

by Anonymousreply 53April 4, 2021 4:21 PM

Her ping pong show is fully booked for the next 6 months.

by Anonymousreply 54April 4, 2021 4:37 PM

For what it's worth, I like Belinda—I've watched a number of interviews with her and she is very frank when talking about her life. She's had an interesting one. I also think the Go-Go's were a fun band who had a number of catchy songs.Belinda also had some great hits in her solo career that really distilled the musical style of the late '80s. I also don't relate to people who find her voice grating; she is not exactly a vocal powerhouse, but I've always thought her singing voice was throaty and kind of cute.

by Anonymousreply 55April 4, 2021 4:41 PM

Is her husband still hot?

by Anonymousreply 56April 4, 2021 4:42 PM

Thailand has super hot young guys , for example Thai actor Singto Prachaya

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 4, 2021 4:44 PM

I thought only creepy men retired to Thailand.

by Anonymousreply 58April 4, 2021 4:44 PM

R56 he's not bad looking for a 65-year-old. Looks like he's spent a lot of time in the sun. He and Belinda's son, unfortunately, has none of his dad's looks or sex appeal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 4, 2021 4:51 PM

Husband was fucking Nurse Ratched before he met Belinda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 4, 2021 4:51 PM

R34.... thanks for your comment and the video posted..

i still wonder if the ladyboys find american (caucasian) muscle men a turn on? since it's usually other countries, generally speaking non english countries, that find men with muscles the ultimate turn-on,even more so for gay men in those countries, whereas the english speaking countries for the most part once again generally speaking think that bodybuilders are gross, too much or whatever negative connotation they can think of?..

by Anonymousreply 61April 4, 2021 4:52 PM

She can munch on ladyboy snatch and of out on pad thai fire real cheap.

by Anonymousreply 62April 4, 2021 4:54 PM

[quote] She clearly moved to escape the pandemic lockdown in France and the US. She basically says so at the start.

She was living there long before the pandemic.

She's gone on a whole peace and love kick in the last few years. Maybe it's to atone for the shady shit she tried to pull with the Go-Go's a few years back, kicking Kathy out of the band and trying to take Kathy's 20 percent of Go-Go's money. Bitchlinda is hoping her extreme cuntiness will be forgiven if she just chants enough.

by Anonymousreply 63April 4, 2021 4:54 PM

is she vegan now too?

by Anonymousreply 64April 4, 2021 4:56 PM

If I remember right, she was also living in India for a time and doing a lot of charity work there. She seems to have a fetish for the East—her most recent album consisted of her chanting Sikh mantras, accompanied by music.

by Anonymousreply 65April 4, 2021 4:58 PM

Young Belinda and James. They are an odd couple, but a good-looking one. I remember her saying in an interview once that keeping distance was key to the longevity of their marriage; I think they are probably committed partners, but largely live separate day-to-day lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 4, 2021 5:03 PM

R66 that's Morgan Mason.

by Anonymousreply 67April 4, 2021 5:05 PM

I wonder if Morgan is well hung. Belinda was a well known size queen. She was with some baseball player who was known for having a double digit dong, and a few of her affairettes within the music industry were also with guys who were said to be packing.

Get that good D, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 68April 4, 2021 5:07 PM

R67 I meant Morgan, I always mix the names on them.

by Anonymousreply 69April 4, 2021 5:07 PM

Thailand, I never go there. As Confucius put it so well, "Man who does not pass through airport turn-style sideways is going to bang cock!!"

by Anonymousreply 70April 4, 2021 5:09 PM

Their son has all of his mother's features: the eyes, the forehead, the full face. It's not a bad look for a girl (Belinda was cute back in the day), but it doesn't really translate well for a male. He looks absolutely nothing like his father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 4, 2021 5:10 PM

How did she stay chubby for so long doing all that cocaine?

by Anonymousreply 72April 4, 2021 5:11 PM

Morgan is bookish-looking but definitely has big dick energy. It's a hot combo. He is the quintessential "my friend's hot dad."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 4, 2021 5:13 PM

What's the difference between this one and *Brandi* Carlile? For years, I've thought they were the same pop-tart, and VERY well preserved.

by Anonymousreply 74April 4, 2021 5:15 PM

R73 Agree. And he's so quiet and mysterious. Alluring!

by Anonymousreply 75April 4, 2021 5:15 PM

R75 his birthday is June 26, so he's a Cancer. The shoe fits. Belinda is a Leo, which also makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 76April 4, 2021 5:17 PM

His father in Lolita - a movie that would NEVER get made today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 4, 2021 5:19 PM

[quote] Her ping pong show is fully booked for the next 6 months.

It’s called Heaven on Earth.

by Anonymousreply 78April 4, 2021 5:19 PM

Does anyone else remember Melinda Carlisle in Dallas? She was a character in the April Stevens era.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 4, 2021 5:20 PM

I remember the buzz when she lost weight and went solo. She was everyone’s dream girlfriend. She looked amazing,

by Anonymousreply 80April 4, 2021 5:22 PM

[quote]Her ping pong show is fully booked for the next 6 months.

It's called My Lips Are Sealed.

by Anonymousreply 81April 4, 2021 5:23 PM

[quote]Her ping pong show is fully booked for the next 6 months.

Meh. Mine is better.

by Anonymousreply 82April 4, 2021 5:24 PM

Thought her husband was extremely hot in her ‘Mad About You’ video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 4, 2021 5:24 PM

Wasn't Mason a Republican operative who worked for Bush Sr.?

by Anonymousreply 84April 4, 2021 5:26 PM

I don't think I ever watched that video of Mad About You, as much of a GoGo's fan as I was, because I hated that they broke up.

I never noticed Char is in that video.

Kathy's book describes the breakup and how it all went down very well. (Mad About You was the one song the new Go Go, Paula Jane Brown, brought in with her, and Bitchlinda ended up recording it.)

by Anonymousreply 85April 4, 2021 5:35 PM

R84 Reagan. He helped with his 1980 campaign, and then became special assistant to the president.

by Anonymousreply 86April 4, 2021 5:44 PM

Brandi Carlile is not the same as Belinda Carlisle. Brandi is a lesbyterian folk singer, Belinda lead singer of the Go-Go’s. The reason Belinda was fat doing coke is because coke sometimes bloats you. See how many people have heart attacks doing coke. It enlarges the heart almost like a diuretic. She also ate a lot and the Theo combined will make you look like the Goodyear blimp. Morgan Mason was some Reagan asslicker, but according to something I read, maybe her book, when Duke came out, he was more supportive than her. Apparently he had an about face regarding the Republican stuff. Seemed like a nice guy. He also put up with her crazy shit. And Belinda is exactly one day younger than Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 87April 4, 2021 5:53 PM

[quote]Her GoGo money will be worht 10 x what is is in LA.

Thailand is now a lot more expensive than it used to be - a lot of expats are struggling (probably not her though).

Thailand is FULL of expatriates and they're not all creepy old men. It's a pleasant, generally inexpensive place with beautiful beaches and world-class health care, and a lot of people know English.

by Anonymousreply 88April 4, 2021 6:04 PM

[quote]I remember the buzz when she lost weight and went solo. She was everyone’s dream girlfriend. She looked amazing,

From 86- 88, she was a big seller, alongside Madonna, Janet and Whitney.

Then Runaway Horses came and the momentum just stopped.

by Anonymousreply 89April 4, 2021 6:08 PM

I dislike Belinda, immensely.

But I think I'm being objective when I say - her voice was pleasant enough, but the material that she picked could have been for anyone. The songs she sang were bland and the career she had early on was anyone's.

Mad About You had a little of the Go-Go's flavor, but some of the other shit she sang was abysmal adult contemporary dreck even before she recorded a note.

by Anonymousreply 90April 4, 2021 6:11 PM

[quote] She keeps a magnet in her knickers ...

Magnet In Her Knickers is my new favorite band.

by Anonymousreply 91April 4, 2021 6:11 PM

[Quote]Reagan. He helped with his 1980 campaign, and then became special assistant to the president

He was awfully young, 24 or 25, to have such an in with the Reagan crowd who were largely 50+. The family connections.

I wonder how he managed to deal with two decades of her drinking and using. Enabler or used with her?

by Anonymousreply 92April 4, 2021 6:14 PM

I've always been fascinated by their marriage. She was high for many parts of it and she seems rather independent. Marriage of convenience now?

by Anonymousreply 93April 4, 2021 6:26 PM

[quote]I've always been fascinated by their marriage. She was high for many parts of it and she seems rather independent. Marriage of convenience now?

In her book she wrote about the pattern of her addiction. She'd release an album, it wouldn't do as well as people expected, she'd start using drugs, the addiction would get really bad, she'd lie to her husband, then he'd eventually find out, she'd be sorry and go to rehab and get clean and record an album, the album wouldn't do as well as people expected, she'd start using drugs... and this happened several times.

He knows she's a liar and an addict.

by Anonymousreply 94April 4, 2021 6:34 PM

I think he's a bit of a schemer and a user himself. Like attracts like.

He knows having a wife like her gives him access to cool corners of the social scene and credibility that even his father's fame could not.

And I bet he is, indeed, balling some cute young pussyboys with that big daddy dong.

Wonder what James Duke's relationship with dear old Dad is like.

by Anonymousreply 95April 4, 2021 6:46 PM

I've always wondered how Morgan's family took to Belinda when they got married. She came from the complete opposite side of the tracks from him—he was raised in privilege with famous parents and political connections, while Belinda was brought up in poverty in Burbank with a father who pumped gas for a living.

by Anonymousreply 96April 4, 2021 7:36 PM

But she wasn’t ancient like former girlfriend Louise Fletcher?

by Anonymousreply 97April 4, 2021 7:41 PM

Beauty and the Beat is a great album. It holds up. Just listened to it last week and realized I loved every song.

Belinda seems like a cunt though.

by Anonymousreply 98April 4, 2021 7:48 PM

R96, she spoke well of his mother and sister in her book. His mother lived in the house on Pamela Drive that she and James built and it was long after they divorced. She said Pamela Mason knew all the big names in Hollywood and would hold big parties with all the a-listers.

Any LA DLers know Pamela Drive? I wondered if that was named after her.

by Anonymousreply 99April 4, 2021 7:52 PM

Love her!

by Anonymousreply 100April 4, 2021 8:12 PM

Belinda's French album is my favorite of hers =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 4, 2021 8:35 PM

It also came with a mini CD of English versions =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 4, 2021 8:36 PM

She really sang the Hell outta all of the songs =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 4, 2021 8:37 PM

Her French album was good, but that cover art is truly abominable.

by Anonymousreply 104April 4, 2021 8:40 PM

Punk Rock days during the latest 70s. Image is very important....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 4, 2021 8:41 PM

R105 Belinda was in the punk band the Germs for a split second as the drummer, though I doubt she knew her way around a drum kit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 4, 2021 8:44 PM

Didn't her younger brother recently pass away?

by Anonymousreply 107April 4, 2021 8:47 PM

Lost inside Cambodia woooaaa wooaaa wooaaa ooooo oooo 😩

by Anonymousreply 108April 4, 2021 8:48 PM

Yes, R107. She posted about it on her Instagram a week or so ago. Her dad recently died too. That's part of what makes me wonder why she lives so far away from all of them—her family is dropping like flies. It would be one thing if she was estranged from them all, though she doesn't give off that impression, at least not now. I think there may have been some estrangement years and years ago, but she seems to have matured past it.

by Anonymousreply 109April 4, 2021 8:52 PM

^ Her stepdad died recently as her dad died over 20 years earlier.

by Anonymousreply 110April 4, 2021 8:58 PM

Belinda is from Van Nuys NOT Burbank.

by Anonymousreply 111April 4, 2021 9:03 PM

R111 she's not from Van Nuys--she spent her early childhood in Burbank until her family moved to Thousand Oaks when she was a teenager. She graduated high school in Thousand Oaks.

by Anonymousreply 112April 4, 2021 9:09 PM

R112 Newbury Park High School

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 4, 2021 9:11 PM

She did a collaborative charity painting with the monkey painter Pockets Warhol, who is absolutely adorable. It was a lovely thing to do for Canadian primate sanctuary www.storybookmonkeys.org

by Anonymousreply 114April 4, 2021 9:23 PM

I doubt she gives a fuck about recording new music but I'd love to see her doing an album of Rick Nowels songs.

by Anonymousreply 115April 4, 2021 9:26 PM

Michelle Visage says Belinda was a cunt when she met her, which is saying something coming from Visage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 4, 2021 9:27 PM

Michelle Visage needs to understand people aren't contractually obliged to be nice to her. Did she even offer Belinda any drugs as an ice breaker?

by Anonymousreply 117April 4, 2021 9:35 PM

R99 Of course it was. Pamela Mason was a scheming egomaniac who took poor, passive James Mason to the cleaners after their divorce in the 60s.

by Anonymousreply 118April 4, 2021 9:36 PM

[quote]She keeps a magnet in her knickers to help with menopause

She’s been done with menopause for well over a decade at least.

by Anonymousreply 119April 4, 2021 9:41 PM

Michelle Visage is a tacky, annoying bitch. I wouldn't blame Belinda for treating her like a cockroach.

by Anonymousreply 120April 4, 2021 9:41 PM

Yeah, Michelle is a hangers-on with gays and wouldn’t be famous if it wasn’t for her riding on the coattails of gays.

by Anonymousreply 121April 4, 2021 9:44 PM

How many songs songs did she write?

by Anonymousreply 122April 4, 2021 9:48 PM

Thailand seems hot, humid, and sweltering to me.

Belinda Carlisle looks good. She has kept off the weight she had in her 20s or 30s.

Her voice was never that great. Kind of tinny-sounding.

by Anonymousreply 123April 4, 2021 9:53 PM

Thailand is a third-world country

Look at the electrical power lines at 3.40 so close to the water. Frequent power blackouts.

by Anonymousreply 124April 4, 2021 10:05 PM

I love the Go-Go. They were unabashed San Fernando valley gutter sluts who loved drugs and getting fucked. They were much more gritty before their record label made them over, especially Belinda. I love how they all still talk like 80's valley girls when they get together.

Belinda seems interesting at least. I heard she was performing on a gay cruise and the first thing she asked a group of guys was "who has the drugs" and all the gays kept her fucked up throughout.

by Anonymousreply 125April 4, 2021 10:09 PM

[quote] fucked up throughout.

Drugs are not a laughing matter!

by Anonymousreply 126April 4, 2021 10:23 PM

R22 thanks I didn't know she was a Buddhist. Now it makes sense. Though Bangkok has become a horror. Still, better than most cities.

by Anonymousreply 127April 4, 2021 10:59 PM

I bet the disease in running rampant in that unsewered city.

by Anonymousreply 128April 4, 2021 11:01 PM

Any gossip on her gay son ?

by Anonymousreply 129April 4, 2021 11:07 PM

Belinda Carlisle's wealth derives in part from this LA real estate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 4, 2021 11:18 PM

[quote] Any gossip on her gay son ?

He appeared in this nondescript movie.

It was so nondescript that I had to fast-forward through it and I missed him altogether.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 4, 2021 11:23 PM

R128 what disease?

by Anonymousreply 132April 4, 2021 11:24 PM

Yawn

by Anonymousreply 133April 4, 2021 11:25 PM

R132 The Andromeda Strain Rose.

by Anonymousreply 134April 4, 2021 11:26 PM

R132

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135April 4, 2021 11:30 PM

I recently watched the Go Go's documentary and I have more questions than answers. They completely left out the whole thing with Kathy from a few years ago. In fact, the documentary didn't say much about how they reunited. Yet strangely, Charlotte and Belinda still worked together quite a lot.

I found it interesting to learn that Mad About You was almost a Go Go's song. I wonder how a fourth GG album in the '80s would have worked. Considering when they broke up, The Bangles took on the latter half of the '80s as the girl group who could play instruments.

by Anonymousreply 136April 4, 2021 11:37 PM

[quote] Belinda seems interesting at least. I heard she was performing on a gay cruise and the first thing she asked a group of guys was "who has the drugs" and all the gays kept her fucked up throughout.

That’s a good way to save money on drugs, get them for free from fans.

by Anonymousreply 137April 4, 2021 11:40 PM

R131 that’s a great premise. Sad to hear it was not very good. It needs to be remade then starring Uncle Bottom, Joel, and Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 138April 4, 2021 11:41 PM

[quote] Belinda Carlisle…Her voice was never that great. Kind of tinny-sounding.

I personally don't care but I imagined that tinny sound was to replicate tinny 1950s transistor radios.

by Anonymousreply 139April 4, 2021 11:51 PM

There is a Belinda Carlisle painting in collaboration with Pockets Warhol, the painting monkey, available for $500 at charity auction now. See @pocketswarhol for details. She paints and raises money for animal charities.

by Anonymousreply 140April 5, 2021 2:57 AM

Her rant here had to be drug fueled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141April 5, 2021 3:57 AM

I’m a big Belinda fan, I had a keychain with her pic on it throughout high school, have most of her music & read her autobiography. I can’t remember where I heard this, but supposedly when she met her husband, he told her he worked for Ronald Reagan, & she didn’t know who he was!

by Anonymousreply 142April 5, 2021 5:39 AM

Madge didn't like Belinda Carlisle. I remember this scene where her back up singers are doing something with their vocal cords to "Heaven is a Place on Earth" and Madonna is complaining about having to listen to them. This makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 143April 5, 2021 6:32 AM

R143 My now deceased classmate & I were the biggest fans of Belinda Carlisle & around the summer of 1988, Belinda did a radio interview (I think it was national) that was carried by our local radio station. It was a call in program & I remember both of us fawning over Belinda's sweet response to a grade schooler who liked her music.

Before the show was over someone called in & asked her about Madonna. Belinda said they had indeed met, they worked out at the same gym & were on friendly terms then.

Sounds like that scene in her "Truth Or Dare" film torpedoed any good will that was between them.

by Anonymousreply 144April 5, 2021 7:35 AM

I remember all the straight guys were crazy over her

by Anonymousreply 145April 5, 2021 9:11 AM

R144 Madonna is a two-faced piece of shit and 31 years later, Belinda is still happily married to the same man and enjoying life while Madonna is still a miserable cunt who has to pay for boyfriends and spends all day taking selfie’s in her bathroom and photoshopping them. Karma is real.

by Anonymousreply 146April 5, 2021 10:08 AM

Belinda does look like she has it all and is enjoying her life. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 147April 5, 2021 1:09 PM

I agree with someone who said Belinda seemed happier when she was doing things with the group rather than as a solo artist carrying all of the load.

Look how shy & awkward she is doing an interview for her debut album back in 1986.

She's come a long way baby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 5, 2021 4:09 PM

Belinda was never a great singer. She got by on her looks and her personality. She had a great stage presence. Just like Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Paula Abdul and Britney Spears. The list goes on and on of not great vocalists who became successful. She's not the first and by no means the last.

by Anonymousreply 149April 5, 2021 4:35 PM

R149 I'm relieved you didn't include me in that lineup.

by Anonymousreply 150April 5, 2021 4:50 PM

[quote]Belinda was never a great singer. She got by on her looks and her personality. She had a great stage presence.

As much as I love Belinda the one thing I would never say about her is that she had a great stage presence. And I've seen her live a few times.

She's one of the most boring disengaged performers I've ever seen. She's more engaged when she's with the Go-Go's. Maybe it's nerves, but she's not a great performer.

by Anonymousreply 151April 5, 2021 5:00 PM

I want to rim her cute gay son.

by Anonymousreply 152April 5, 2021 5:42 PM

Is she Q?

by Anonymousreply 153April 5, 2021 5:44 PM

Belinda is one day younger than Madonna, maybe once Madonna found that out she began to hate her.

by Anonymousreply 154April 5, 2021 5:45 PM

Belinda should start calling her "that old woman" just to get payback for that Truth Or Dare slight.

by Anonymousreply 155April 5, 2021 5:51 PM

What Truth or Dare slight?

by Anonymousreply 156April 5, 2021 5:52 PM

It is so fucking humid and the temperature is perpetually 95 degrees. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 157April 5, 2021 7:51 PM

This painting by Belinda Carlisle is available on auction for an animal charity now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 5, 2021 8:11 PM

[quote]What Truth or Dare slight?

Two of her backup singers (one of whom did backup for Belinda before working with Madonna) were singing “Heaven is A Place on Earth,” and Madonna said “It’s dumb imitating Belinda Carlisle.”

by Anonymousreply 159April 5, 2021 9:11 PM

R159..i don't think madonna was ragging on belinda, she was ragging on her 2 back up singers because she then said "those girls annoy me". right after she said they were imitating belinda carlisle..

by Anonymousreply 160April 5, 2021 9:48 PM

R160 You’re just the typical queen worshiping and defending your “diva” no matter what. She flat out says, “It’s dumb imitating Belinda Carlisle,” and rolls her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 161April 5, 2021 11:13 PM

Actually, Madonna says, “See, that's why I want my radio on. Those girls annoy me. It's Donna imitating Belinda Carlisle.”

by Anonymousreply 162April 6, 2021 1:41 AM

Is he a DLer ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163April 6, 2021 2:07 AM

I love thes performance from PV High. I love this track and Belinda's look amazing. The whole band is so cool. This is probably right before they really took off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164April 6, 2021 2:43 AM

And the best part, r162, is that Donna actually did backing vocals on Heaven Is a Place on Earth. I wonder if she ever worked with Belinda again after Truth Or Dare came out?

I also remember a Creem article about female pop singers that detailed how Belinda's publicist/manager "forbade" the magazine to mention her alongside Madonna, Tiffany, Janet, Debbie, etc., because Belinda was "a serious artist." Yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 165April 6, 2021 2:57 AM

Madonna is a cunt but I never took the Belinda scene as hating on Belinda or making fun of her.

Donna did work with Belinda a few years ago r165. I guess they made amends.

by Anonymousreply 166April 6, 2021 3:03 AM

You know who doesn’t post titty bag pictures on Twitter? Belinda. You know who displayed lovely Goyard? Belinda.

by Anonymousreply 167April 6, 2021 3:07 AM

I love this performance of "Heaven is a Place on Earth". She has a spunky stage presence and is fun to watch. Her voice isn't mind-blowing, but it's husky and distinct, which is what matters IMO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 6, 2021 3:08 AM

Michelle Visage Better own a fucking boat, R116.

by Anonymousreply 169April 6, 2021 3:10 AM

While she may have been lying to her friends and family at the time, Belinda didn't really pull any punches when talking about her drug use publicly in the last 5–10 years. I remember watching an interview where she admitted to snorting lines of cocaine either in the bathroom of her son's school, or before driving him to school (I can't remember which)—some could interpret sharing that as emotional nudism, but it takes guts to admit to something like that, let alone to the world. I think she has suffered from a lot of self-loathing and am glad she is in a healthy place day.

by Anonymousreply 170April 6, 2021 3:48 AM

[quote]And the best part, [R162], is that Donna actually did backing vocals on Heaven Is a Place on Earth. I wonder if she ever worked with Belinda again after Truth Or Dare came out?

Belinda was asked about it when she was promoting Live Your Life Be Free in the UK. The response was close to "What a fucking bitch! I paid her to sing for me!".

Belinda did and interview a few years ago when she was more accepting of De Lory's flaws. And they worked together on some awful tantric chanting thing.

[quote]And yes, being referred to out of nowhere in that movie was definitely strange. Donna was a backup singer of mine before she started working for Madonna, so that was unexpected. But we actually worked together this past February, Donna and I, and there were unspoken amends made. It doesn’t bother me now. But even when something negative comes your way, it usually means that you have some sort of profile, and that’s generally a good thing.

Poor Donna. She always thought she was worth so much more than doing backing vocals but will always be in Madonna's shadow. Niki Haris broke out with the Snap! records, but Donna seems bitter. No wonder Siedah Garrett didn't like her much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 6, 2021 7:03 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 172April 7, 2021 5:16 PM

This is a great interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 8, 2021 1:40 AM

R163 Belinda wins that competition for me due to the simple fact that Belinda is a sensible, down-to-earth person, and not an exploitative, egomaniacal cunt like Madonna. Nothing will ever fulfill Madonna, and I think, unfortunately, she will die a miserable person. Belinda seems to have done work on herself and is happier for it. She seems content with her legacy and is realistic about it, whereas Madonna is still desperately clawing for relevance.

by Anonymousreply 174April 8, 2021 1:47 AM

R136 Apparently, the band really wanted to do a documentary, hoping that it would remind people of their early achievements.

But they deemed two things to be completely off limits to discuss in the doc.

One was the night that was captured on video and played a big role in the Beyond the Music - where Belinda says "Why can't girls jack off?" and Kathy ends up drunkenly trying to put a dildo in some roadie's ass.

The other was the Kathy/lawsuit business.

They may think we've forgotten but I haven't. And it's totally fucking Belinda behind it, one hundred percent.

by Anonymousreply 175April 8, 2021 9:07 PM

Part of the infamous backstage video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176April 8, 2021 9:44 PM

R175 Kathy came back and all is forgiven. So take your five year old grudge and go.

by Anonymousreply 177April 8, 2021 11:49 PM

I hope she didn’t bring her cat.

by Anonymousreply 178April 8, 2021 11:52 PM

This thread is bumped every night by the same sad sack.

by Anonymousreply 179April 9, 2021 12:29 AM

That's the problem with the documentary tht r175 references -- they were afraid to go there. I wondered why the video wasn't mentioned or referenced. I wasn't surprised about Kathy's situation being left out.

r177 lol all is not forgiven. You can tell there is still tension and unresolved issues in that band. They're like Fleetwood Mac. They will implode again.

by Anonymousreply 180April 9, 2021 1:19 AM

R180 You get it.

It's an uneasy detente. I think they're going to make this run for the RRHOF, see if they can milk out a little more money once shows resume, and then be done.

At which point Kathy will publish book 2, which will talk about all the shit Bitchlinda pulled.

by Anonymousreply 181April 9, 2021 1:48 PM

Bands that advertise Farewell Tours and then do another tour should have to give money back to fans who bought tickets under false pretenses.

by Anonymousreply 182April 9, 2021 1:59 PM

Their farewell tour was supposed to be in 2010! They just won't stay gone.

Good for Gone, that is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 9, 2021 2:07 PM

They've still got it though. Their latest song, Club Zero is good.

by Anonymousreply 184April 9, 2021 2:44 PM

Um, Club Zero is terrrrriiiiibbbbblllllleeeeeeeee

by Anonymousreply 185April 9, 2021 2:47 PM

I thought Club Zero was fine. And I liked that song Belinda did a few years ago, Sun. She still has it. But she's just not interested in doing lots of recordings.

by Anonymousreply 186April 10, 2021 1:04 AM

I still can't believe Kathy Valentine isn't a lesbian (unless something's changed recently 👀)

by Anonymousreply 187April 10, 2021 9:31 AM

[quote]And I liked that song Belinda did a few years ago, Sun.

That was 8 years ago, not a “few.”

by Anonymousreply 188April 10, 2021 9:50 AM

Hey everybody, Look at B Carlisle’s charity painting she did with a monkey artist named Pockets Warhol. There will be 3 more such paintings. The eBay auction for this one ends in less than 20 hrs. See R158.

Come on: I know that some of you have more money than God.

by Anonymousreply 189April 13, 2021 11:59 PM

R188 It's still less than a decade or a century.

by Anonymousreply 190April 14, 2021 12:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!