Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

That critic was right Carey Mulligan is too ugly for Promising Young Woman

Why'd Margot Robie not do the role?

by V. Davis, suffering reply 42Last Thursday at 3:08 PM

Who could ever be as alluring, striking, memorable and SEXUAL as you, St Viola? Carey did the best she could but you would have blown us all away with your take on the role by demanding full frontal nudity in multiple scenes to present the authentic experience of a SEXUAL older woman.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 104/04/2021

This thread is embarrassing.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 204/04/2021

embarrassing? To who?

by V. Davis, suffering reply 304/04/2021

"To who?"

Oh, dear. Probably to your English teacher.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 404/04/2021

It's enbarrassing when fat, ugly people call normal-looking people ugly, doubly embarrassing.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 504/04/2021

Sounds like you really needed to get that off your chest, huh?

by V. Davis, suffering reply 604/04/2021

And Andra Day is too trampy in her film. Don't vote for her either.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 704/04/2021

and Frances is too crabby. That bitch would cut you. I'm the only alternative (except that other girl that no one has ever heard of.)

by V. Davis, suffering reply 804/04/2021

That ship sailed a long time ago. She got beat with the ugly stick over 10 years ago in An Education

Offsite Link
by V. Davis, suffering reply 904/04/2021

Viola at R7, you are just jealous of Andra's youth, beauty, sex appeal and light skin. We'll take trampy any day over greasy. You looked so damn oily in MRBB they could have used you to deep fry an entire shark.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 1004/05/2021

See!!! Look what r10 said about me!!! That's what they said at Julliard!!! I've suffered the most!!! I should win!! I should get Best Actor too!!! Chadwick is dead what does he need an award for!!!

by V. Davis, suffering reply 1104/05/2021

Carey Mulligan is cute. I was surprised at how she looks in PYW; they did hottify her.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 1204/05/2021

Yeah, agree, R12.

Carey was/is terrific.

Definitely Oscar worthy.

Like Viola, but this time around, she did NOT cut the mustard.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 1304/05/2021

I thought she was hot in many of her scenes too. Fuck the OP.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 1404/05/2021

How dare you say fuck the op r14!!! I have 2 Tonys, 2 Emmys and and Oscar!!! What have you ever done!!!!

by V. Davis, suffering reply 1504/05/2021

This movie was a C movie at best. Lipstick on a pig.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 1604/05/2021

I created the dark web, r15.

You're in trouble.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 17Last Tuesday at 9:36 AM

She's supposed to be attractive but not necessarily a bombshell. Just really drunk and out of it to appear to be an easy mark.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 18Last Tuesday at 9:53 AM

[quote] I created the dark web, [R15].

The "dark" web? If that is a dig at my dark skin, let me tell you that I own my dark chocolate beauty, sexuality and sensuality, bitch! I am the dark chocolate queen and this year's Oscar winner, so you can weep yourself to sleep.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 19Last Tuesday at 10:26 AM

Riz Ahmed deserves the Oscar more.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 20Last Tuesday at 11:29 AM

Nobody rang for you OP.

NO

ONE

by V. Davis, suffering reply 21Last Tuesday at 11:31 AM

Viola should have gone Lead for Fences and Supporting for The Help

by V. Davis, suffering reply 22Last Tuesday at 11:37 AM

None of the men in the movie were panty droppers.

You are forgetting how fucking dumb straight men are. Do you really think it takes a beauty queen to manipulate straight men? Pussy moves mountains, fool.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 23Last Tuesday at 1:03 PM

Poor Viola.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 24Last Tuesday at 1:03 PM

Never mind about Carey. She's done. I need to somehow get Andra Day cancelled.

BTW have you heard that she made anti-semetic and homophobic remarks on her old twitter account? Not saying that should deny her the Oscar but....something to think about.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 25Last Tuesday at 1:11 PM

Anyone else sick of the “all straight men are evil” bullshit Hollywood is currently trying to promulgate?

by V. Davis, suffering reply 26Last Tuesday at 1:16 PM

Which films r26? (I don't see many)

by V. Davis, suffering reply 27Last Tuesday at 1:17 PM

R26 No.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 28Last Tuesday at 1:24 PM

Re: Carey Mulligan's looks: She looked a little weird but still pretty in that old timey movie where she sang nicely and the guy from Masters of Sex was trying to get with her. She looked very beautiful in the Great Gatsby. That is a beautiful movie, even though the book does nothing for me. She is generally prettyish in the clips I've seen from PYW.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 29Last Tuesday at 1:26 PM

Oh and Frances McDormand beat her son.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 30Last Tuesday at 1:28 PM

I think point was that a mousy, unassuming girl can get into sticky situations and then manipulated men into sticky situations, because mousy girls are messed up in the head.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 31Last Tuesday at 1:50 PM

Why is Viola on here bitching? We don't have a vote honey and Meryl deserved to win over you

by V. Davis, suffering reply 32Last Tuesday at 1:55 PM

This Viola shit is so deeply unfunny.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 33Last Wednesday at 9:26 PM

I'm surprised at this thread. I think she's gorgeous and has an interesting look. She looked great in Promising Young Woman. And I agree with R29 - she looked quite beautiful in The Great Gatsby.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 34Last Wednesday at 10:46 PM

Troll thread, ugh. OP is shit.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 35Last Thursday at 8:51 AM

It's not that she's ugly but that she's too old. The character has her 30th birthday party in the movie. Carey was born in 1985. And she's photographed rather harshly in the movie.

And the massive bitterness of her character does nothing to soften her look.

by V. Davis, suffering reply 36Last Thursday at 9:03 AM

Surely this is a role for a young actress. Her going out and trapping guys surely wouldn't continue YEARS after the event that caused her fury?

by V. Davis, suffering reply 37Last Thursday at 9:37 AM

I just saw the film last night and hated it. The misandry is palpable, and ugly. Why is no one saying this?

by V. Davis, suffering reply 38Last Thursday at 9:42 AM

Male Lives Matter!

by V. Davis, suffering reply 39Last Thursday at 9:44 AM

Rapist Lives Matter!

by V. Davis, suffering reply 40Last Thursday at 10:07 AM

Pedophile Lives Matter!

by V. Davis, suffering reply 41Last Thursday at 10:10 AM

Didn't the black guy she tried to pick up in the film even comment on her not even being that hot when he realized who she was?

by V. Davis, suffering reply 42Last Thursday at 3:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!