Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do all women* have blonde hair?

*I should say primarily white women, but even non-white women dye their hair blonde.

There's something very primitive about the "blonde hair" meme. Is it white worship? A status symbol? Meant to represent peak feminine beauty?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 12, 2021 6:37 PM

It triggers me too. Some facial features simply do not work with blonde hair. Looking at you, Anya Taylor-Joy.

by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2021 9:34 PM

bimboism.

do you really want to be caught up in the "fight" 24/7

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2021 9:36 PM

this is rich, coming from a black woman with blond hair

What she really means is, "I hate white women. I hate their hair and everything about them"

And that's her right. But she should just come out and say it

by Anonymousreply 3April 3, 2021 9:39 PM

Naturally blonde women can be absolutely beautiful but as far as "primitive" attraction goes, I think brunette women are much more sexually attractive. Same goes for blond vs. dark-haired men.

by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2021 9:42 PM

r3 she probably prefers them shaved.

by Anonymousreply 5April 3, 2021 9:44 PM

What?

by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2021 9:44 PM

What she means that she’s jealous for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 7April 3, 2021 9:45 PM

Yes r5. She really just likes a clean work space.

by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2021 9:47 PM

By artificially coloring their hair blonde and wearing blue contacts, people hope to appear to have the superiority those physical traits indicate, but the superiority only exists when someone has those traits naturally.

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2021 9:54 PM

Airing your daily discontent from your nursing home, OP? That's not blond, it's actually gray where you come ftom.

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2021 9:57 PM

There's one way to silence your opinion OP....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 3, 2021 9:58 PM

I think for many straight men, it makes women go up a few points in hotness.

I had a female friend, naturally a mousy looking brunette, very modest normally, but when she went blonde men started paying much more attention to her. Flirting with her, telling her how great she looked (she was maybe a 4 as brunette and didn't get all that much attention from men), asked her out and even bought things for her. Some of these guys were hot too. Ones that never gave her a second look before. She loved it at first, but soon realized it was all superficial attention. She went back to being a brunette.

by Anonymousreply 12April 3, 2021 9:59 PM

She's jealous of my 21 nominations. #oscarssoblonde

by Anonymousreply 13April 3, 2021 10:02 PM

I once read that a lot babies are born with blond hair and after a few months it changes to a darker color (on my birth certificate it states blonde by 8 months i had brown hair). So blonde denotes youthfulness. It is extremely rare outside of the Scandinavian countries for adults to have natural blonde hair. All those bleach blonde housewives I’m sure most are not natural blondes. They think it makes them look younger but in my opinion it just makes them look actually older, they are trying to hard. But our society excepts this as normal and no one questions why women spend up to $500 a bleach job every six weeks or sooner.

by Anonymousreply 14April 3, 2021 10:03 PM

R9, so it's due to white supremacy?

by Anonymousreply 15April 3, 2021 10:04 PM

Hard truth: very few natural blondes are actually beautiful. Many women (and men) with natural fair coloring are really all that striking. (The same is true for natural redheads.) I see many more naturally attractive brunettes.

by Anonymousreply 16April 3, 2021 10:04 PM

stfu r9

by Anonymousreply 17April 3, 2021 10:05 PM

It’s Peroxide Privilege!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 3, 2021 10:07 PM

Many blonde women are deplorable. Very few are saintly (Lady Gaga, Princess Diana), and even those are/were probably still quite evil.

by Anonymousreply 19April 3, 2021 10:09 PM

r12

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 3, 2021 10:11 PM

At least she acknowledges that her hair is also blonde. Sometimes when I see or hear something she says, the tone seems negative to me. Then I'll read/listen to it again and think she's probably a really intelligent person and often says some very important things.

by Anonymousreply 21April 3, 2021 10:13 PM

Reading the article, it makes sense, and it isn’t a sensational or horrible thing she’s saying, at all.

by Anonymousreply 22April 3, 2021 10:13 PM

Our national love affair with blondes owes a great deal to Hollywood. In the old days of B&W, it was easier to light and photograph blondes: their hair reflected the light and made them appear to glow and look softer, prettier. If an actress could be blonde, she should be was the philosophy.

Real life is not Hollywood. Hair coloring in salons and at home has become so accessible that almost any woman can lighter her hair. Many.... shouldn't. The wrong shade, the wrong tone can wash a woman out, make her look tired, pale, old, and flatten out her features. Nonetheless, long, white-blonde hair has been this new century's signifier for young, fertile, sexy, desirable, privileged, etc.

I hope we're finally coming out of a truly tasteless period (2 decades now) where so many young, middle-aged, and elderly women all seem to maintain this look, regardless of how unattractive it makes them.

by Anonymousreply 23April 3, 2021 10:14 PM

really NOT all that striking.

by Anonymousreply 24April 3, 2021 10:15 PM

Very true, R23. Spot on.

by Anonymousreply 25April 3, 2021 10:16 PM

OP, you don't dye hair blonde. You bleach it to remove the color.

by Anonymousreply 26April 3, 2021 10:17 PM

This is really starting to make me think (lol). I'm wondering if the root of racism lies with blonde white women somehow.

by Anonymousreply 27April 3, 2021 10:18 PM

Yes there is an element of idealizing white beauty especially blond.

Also many relaxers and straighteners, the use of which is also part of idealizing white beauty but also pragmatically makes hair control easier, makes hair lighter.

by Anonymousreply 28April 3, 2021 10:18 PM

R28 your Klan robes are showing.

by Anonymousreply 29April 3, 2021 10:22 PM

I’m a blonde boys and all the white supremacist want my tastey pussy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 3, 2021 10:23 PM

Has anyone found that their hair has gotten blonder as they have gotten older. I'm 40 and my hair is much blonder than it was prior. Yes cunts, it is some grays, but my stylist said the grays are reflecting off the blond hairs, making it lighter. Anyways, carry on girls.

by Anonymousreply 31April 3, 2021 10:27 PM

I have seen a few really striking blondes, but it’s a hard look to pull off because you have to be very young and have gorgeous skin and blue/gray eyes with thick dark lashes. Most natural blondes are more ruddy with invisible eyelashes/brows. The blonde industry is a billion dollar one and stylists aren’t doing it because it looks good. I have heard though that a lot of older women go in that direction because it blends better with grays.

by Anonymousreply 32April 3, 2021 10:29 PM

[quote] I had a female friend, naturally a mousy looking brunette, very modest normally, but when she went blonde men started paying much more attention to her. Flirting with her, telling her how great she looked

That's true. I saw some article about 15 yrs ago that showed blond British celebrities, when they had brown hair. They looked awful with brown hair. None of them would have gotten a second look from anyone when they had brown hair

But not everyone has the coloring that allows them to look good as a blond

by Anonymousreply 33April 3, 2021 10:30 PM

I do boys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 3, 2021 10:31 PM

I was blond as a kid (I'm male) and grew up with fair coloring and now, light-brown hair.

I've lightened my hair at different times: frosts and tips, blond highlights, and full-on blond color. First off, it's a lot of maintenance, for a man with relatively short hair. And it's expensive to go to salons. It was actually cheaper to use Clairol and bleach the whole mess myself at home, but I wasn't crazy about the result.

Gay men do approach blond men differently, IMHO. It will get you attention but not necessarily the right kind. Many men thought my hair was "fun," ie, I didn't seem like a serious or smart or mature person to them. Some men seem to think blond men (real or otherwise) are "less masculine" to them than brunette men. Ultimately, it wasn't worth it to me to keep up the color.

I realize this thread is about blonde women. Perhaps the travails of blond men is worth a separate thread?

by Anonymousreply 35April 3, 2021 10:31 PM

You are going to pounce, but Ivanka Trump is a woman who looks stunning as an ice blond but does not look good as a brunette. Same with Sharon Stone. Adele actually really looks nice with blond hair and the weight loss. It does make a difference for some woman. Nose jobs can also turn a hound into a hottie. Ashlee Simpson had a fabulous surgeon who totally transformed her for the better with a nose job.

by Anonymousreply 36April 3, 2021 10:32 PM

[quote] Has anyone found that their hair has gotten blonder as they have gotten older.

Sort of. I'm in my 50s and have longer brown hair and just last night I found a big chunk of hair near my neck that's turned light brown

by Anonymousreply 37April 3, 2021 10:32 PM

I look better than that whore Ivanka and her Daddy says I suck dick better!,,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 3, 2021 10:34 PM

White people aspire to the Aryan look.

by Anonymousreply 39April 3, 2021 10:34 PM

Why won't that hateful dyke Jada Pinkett, Smith just go the fuck away? She needs to spend more time getting help for her crazy children.

by Anonymousreply 40April 3, 2021 10:36 PM

jada is a friend of mine and btw my pussy hair is blonde too, although it does leak if it’s hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 3, 2021 10:41 PM

Why doesn't someone just tell it to her face: "You're a bigot" ?

by Anonymousreply 42April 3, 2021 11:31 PM

I have extraordinarily greasy, oily hair. I bleach it to dry it out. It looks so much better.

by Anonymousreply 43April 4, 2021 2:51 AM

Jada Pinkett Smith is a racist.

by Anonymousreply 44April 4, 2021 3:05 AM

I disagree about those saying white people aspire to look "arian". Blonde hair softens the features and makes the look younger. That's what is popular on women but not so much in men, make them look somehow less masculine for the same reasons.

by Anonymousreply 45April 4, 2021 3:35 AM

OP, the story at your original post is from three years ago. We discussed it back then. it is not timely.

by Anonymousreply 46April 4, 2021 3:39 AM

Marjorie Taylor Greene is very reliant on her blonde hair.

We never really saw Ivanka Trump with brown hair plus the full panoply of plastic surgery. I don't think you can attribute her entire transformation to the blonde hair.

by Anonymousreply 47April 4, 2021 3:39 AM

R29 did not say I agree with or support idealization of white beauty. But it is what it is in current society.

I am in fact not white.

by Anonymousreply 48April 4, 2021 3:52 AM

Blue eyes with blonde hair has been the gold standard in terms of both male and female beauty for much of Europe going back centuries. When new world was colonized by European powers they exported that bit of racism to every place they went.

It isn't just North America but really all over including South America. Watch telenovalas and you'll notice almost every other man or woman (especially the latter) is either naturally shades of blonde hair (with light eyes), or bleached with perhaps contacts. Of course the "evil" girl or woman usually has dark features, but the virtuous (and often well off) wives, daughters, sisters, etc... are all light hair and eyes.

by Anonymousreply 49April 4, 2021 4:42 AM

A woman can have a plain or even unattractive face (SJP, G Paltrow) but if they have blonde hair men go crazy over them.

by Anonymousreply 50April 4, 2021 4:47 AM

There are as many iconic dark-haired actresses, r49. Elizabeth Taylor, Gina Lollobrigida, Sophia Loren, Hedy Lamar, Audrey Hepburn, etc.

There are also plenty of blonde villainesses.

Perhaps you need reminding: Gentlemen prefer blondes, but they marry brunettes.

by Anonymousreply 51April 4, 2021 5:00 AM

It’s interesting that people innately recognize characters with blonde hair as being good and those with dark hair as suspect.

by Anonymousreply 52April 4, 2021 5:01 AM

Not really, Disney Princess tend to be blonde, but the princes are mostly dark haired.

by Anonymousreply 53April 4, 2021 5:04 AM

Don't you understand?

I've been true to you,

But I'm in demand

Because gentlemen prefer blondes

Like me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 4, 2021 5:05 AM

Imagine being bothered by someone else's aesthetic/beauty choices, then actually announcing such pettiness on a talk show as if it were an important national issue, and then not being embarrassed about it afterward.

by Anonymousreply 55April 4, 2021 5:13 AM

I'm a long-haired femme gay AND a natural blonde, which is naturally golden rather than platinum or ashy. I had my hair dyed red on a whim years ago (I loved both Scully and Bree van der Kamp, don't judge me!) and never looked back. As I'm pale, the red tones suit me; I'll probably not go back to being blonde again.

by Anonymousreply 56April 4, 2021 5:21 AM

It seems like it would be boring and yeah it doesn’t suit everyone. It’s also super damaging hair.

by Anonymousreply 57April 4, 2021 5:25 AM

I hate them too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 4, 2021 5:32 AM

Cunts! Hate them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 4, 2021 5:37 AM

To hide grays.

by Anonymousreply 60April 4, 2021 5:38 AM

No! Hate them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 4, 2021 5:39 AM

Bitches! Hate!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 4, 2021 5:41 AM

I think blonde hair is mostly ugly. Brunettes are way hotter.

by Anonymousreply 63April 4, 2021 5:56 AM

I don’t know the basis of the attraction but I know herd instinct when I see it. I can only guess at what point they all decided they wanted to look unnatural but once enough of them had, the rest did a primitive calculation having to do with safety in numbers, and promptly bleached their hair, too. I don’t think they really even care if it looks good on them, just as long as “everybody else is doing it.”

At my gym maybe one in ten do NOT look identical.

— Below the waist they’re squeezed into what look like sausage casings.

— Above the waist they’re in parkas that look like hand grenades with loose tops under that.

— And the hair is in a sloppy bun with an inch of brunette at the scalp.

And because everybody else is, too, they feel safe.

by Anonymousreply 64April 4, 2021 5:59 AM

Because They Can ..........

by Anonymousreply 65April 4, 2021 6:01 AM

Has someone called out this racist carpet muncher yet?

by Anonymousreply 66April 4, 2021 6:02 AM

If blonde hair is more flattering I’d hate to see some of these hags as brunettes

by Anonymousreply 67April 4, 2021 6:03 AM

[quote]this is rich, coming from a black woman with blond hair

I see R3 didn't read the article.

[quote]“I was going to do an interview with this blond woman and I thought twice about it,” Pinkett Smith said. “I thought, ‘I don’t know if I want to do that.’ That was my first instinct because of how she looked! And I was like, ‘Oh! That’s no different.’ That doesn’t give me the right to clump all blond women in one. “And look at me, I got blond hair!”

And she also said that white blond girls used to make fun of her hair in school and now she realizes that she needs to not judge people because of it.

Goodness.

by Anonymousreply 68April 4, 2021 6:06 AM

It's ridic she's triggered by blonde hair on white chicks but it's fine if she has it. Yes, I know the reason and what it symbolizes. She's been beyond wealthy and privileged most of her life. Fuck her and all overly pampered rich cunts! ALL OF THEM! GREASE FIRE TO ALL!

PLUS, she's in the SCI-OOOOO CULT that hates ALL gays. They hate all of us! Fuck them, grease fire and cancer to all of them!

by Anonymousreply 69April 4, 2021 6:08 AM

I think everyone really wants to be white, even black people. All the blacklist is just jealousy. Jada will always be a butch cunt with little talent and lot of darkness inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 70April 4, 2021 6:14 AM

If you are thin female with blonde hair you can get away with murder, even if your face and personality are bad. A lot of straight men aren't too bright.

by Anonymousreply 71April 4, 2021 6:30 AM

Thin, blond, young with a wax stripped pussy and you can rule the world.

by Anonymousreply 72April 4, 2021 6:31 AM

Straight men of all races see blonde White women as the gold star mate. I’m sorry but it’s that simple.

by Anonymousreply 73April 4, 2021 6:43 AM

By the way that’s why they trigger green-eyed pinkett smith.

by Anonymousreply 74April 4, 2021 6:44 AM

Central Europe here: Babies often have blond hair but it usually darkens as you get older. When you dye it, you also try to look younger because lighter hair is something we associate with youth and the properties associated with it, like optimism and innocence, fresh starts and opportunities. Babies also often have blue/grey eyes before it changes At least that's true for Germany, France, parts of Italy, the Czech Republic... It has zero to do with racism. Who would we like to stand out against?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 4, 2021 6:48 AM

Ok ill ask. Do the drapes match the rug?

by Anonymousreply 76April 4, 2021 7:17 AM

Nothing is more pathetic than a PoC who tries to be blonde.

by Anonymousreply 77April 4, 2021 7:21 AM

I never got the blonde thing for men or women. My personal preference is dark hair. The yellow in blonde hair makes some people's faces appear to be very red and natural blondes have undefined eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 78April 4, 2021 7:27 AM

One of my first crushes was a blond. I found out he was a bottle blond when finally we got ready to do the nasty.

by Anonymousreply 79April 4, 2021 7:36 AM

The hair touch by Lindsey:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 4, 2021 7:47 AM

I've long noticed that it's common amongst Republican women. Ann Coulter, Tomi Lahren, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Kelly Loeffler, Ivanka, Megyn Kelly, etc. And I do think it's an Aryan white supremacy thing.

by Anonymousreply 81April 4, 2021 7:47 AM

Blondes have more fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 4, 2021 8:04 AM

R81 don't forget Marsha Blackburn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 4, 2021 8:11 AM

Cindy Hyde-Smith

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 4, 2021 8:16 AM

Jada Pinkett Smith has become literally insufferable.

She must be deeply loathed in the entertainment industry.

by Anonymousreply 85April 4, 2021 8:39 AM

Aren't all kpop singers blonde these days?

by Anonymousreply 86April 4, 2021 8:41 AM

Imagine if she was white and said "kinky hair triggers me".

by Anonymousreply 87April 4, 2021 9:54 AM

Also, at all the places I used to frequent in Calabasas and Woodland Hills, she had the WORST reputation among service workers. Will was very nice and even the Kardashians were appreciated for their generous tips and polite attitude but Jada was horrid. A guy at Barnes&Noble said she would send the Starbucks latte back like 3 times, hated the food in every restaurant, always demanded to speak to the manager...a total brat. Maybe why you never saw her with Will who is reportedly a true gentleman.

by Anonymousreply 88April 4, 2021 9:59 AM

Brainwashing by Western media- Marilyn Monroe, Beyonce etc....

Soe woman lok better with blonde hair but on some people it's unecessary- they look great with any colour.

by Anonymousreply 89April 4, 2021 10:06 AM

She's a racist bitch.

by Anonymousreply 90April 4, 2021 10:08 AM

Come to Greenwich, CT. We're all blondes together up here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 4, 2021 11:02 AM

Samantha Stephens was epitimie of young suburban matron (back when Westport, CT was totally different) in Bewitched, right down to her blonde hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 4, 2021 11:05 AM

For future reference - A man is blond. A woman is blonde.

by Anonymousreply 93April 4, 2021 11:31 AM

Aryan beauty......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 4, 2021 12:26 PM

Jada Pinkett Smith is a racist. Full of rrage and poorly informed

by Anonymousreply 95April 4, 2021 12:41 PM

Many (most?) older pale women have blonde hair and I believe the reason for that is that it has a "photoshopping" type of effect on the face. We don't see many older women with dark hair. The contrast emphasizes wrinkles and imperfections on light-colored skin. Light-colored hair has a softening effect on the face. And of course, leaving hair gray or white isn't an option to people who dye their hair to look younger in the first place.

Dark hair thinning is also a lot more obvious than thin light hair is, and contrary to what most people think, a huge share of older women experience hair thinning and balding as they get older. It doesn't only happen to men. Perming and curling hair and making it fluffy and piled up into a Golden Girls-type 'do also obscures balding and thinning.

So a lot of older women end up with shorter, permed, bleached hair for practical reasons to mask hair thinning and to soften their features.

by Anonymousreply 96April 4, 2021 1:31 PM

How would Jada react to a white woman saying Afros on black women trigger her?

by Anonymousreply 97April 4, 2021 1:40 PM

“Thin, blond, young with a wax stripped pussy and you can rule the world.”

Don’t be silly, white old men rule the world.

by Anonymousreply 98April 4, 2021 1:52 PM

Could it be a dominant gene?

My father’s (Caucasian) family all have brown hair, running from mousy to chestnut to glossy blackish. Genetically I got a lot from my dad—blue eyes, left-handedness, freckles/pale skin, a touch of autism, and an identical birthmark—but for some reason not the hair colour. My mother’s family (also Caucasian) are mostly sandy, strawberry or bleach blonds, Nordic-Germanic looking types. Consequently, my hair is a dark golden dirty-blond-brown, streaked with occasional bits of white-blond or copper. My sister has the same colour. It’s like the blond did come through and dominate, but it got a bit muted and darkened by my paternal genes. All of cousins by contrast are either platinum, outright ginger, or chestnut.

by Anonymousreply 99April 4, 2021 2:14 PM

R73, I think you need to look at the "gold star mate" of some wealthy men. I'll add to my r6:

The wife of Mr. Zuckerberg; both the former wife and the current paramour of Mr. Bezos; and the Baby Mama of Mr. Musk.

And just for fun, I'll add the reigning Queen of Sweden.

by Anonymousreply 100April 4, 2021 4:20 PM

[quote] Also, at all the places I used to frequent in Calabasas and Woodland Hills, she had the WORST reputation among service workers. Will was very nice and even the Kardashians were appreciated for their generous tips and polite attitude but Jada was horrid.

This. I was a shop bottom at a boutique on Rodeo when I was in college and I worked with "celebrities" of all time. Jada was a cunt even back in the early 2000's. The rudest bitch I have ever had to help and I don't believe she was the almighty Jada Pinkett Smith then or it was early days. At the time she was just some washed up actress. She and Eddie Murphy's wife in Coming to America, a real nobody, came in second as an ultimate cunt. Queen Latifah and Diane Keaton are tied for nicest, coolest, and loyal.

by Anonymousreply 101April 4, 2021 4:34 PM

R101 thanks for sharing, that’s awesome. I somehow just knew in my bones that the First Lady was super cool.

by Anonymousreply 102April 4, 2021 4:36 PM

"If I've only one life...

Let me live it as a BLONDE!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 4, 2021 5:48 PM

These retail and shop bottom stories are interesting.

by Anonymousreply 104April 4, 2021 6:18 PM

This is not true for gen z. Dark brown is extremely in, even all the natural blondes seem to be dying their hair dark.

by Anonymousreply 105April 4, 2021 6:24 PM

I do think the strong association of bright blonde (peroxide) hair with Ivanka, FOX bimbos, and other brainless right-wingers is changing people's perception and helping make this tired look unfashionable.

On a smaller scale, the whole "Karen" meme and the associated hairstyles (it's a whole series of looks, not just one style) came to be associated not merely with obnoxious "Can I talk to your manager" types but with racist white ladies over 35 as well (some of them toting guns); aka "Mom hair". Most of these styles were hideous, so it's no loss that they are falling out of favor.

The world is waiting for new, attractive mid-and shorter-length hairstyles, and in more natural colors. Here's hoping for some fresher looks in a post-vax world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 4, 2021 6:44 PM

R106 why did that clikcbaity listicle have to do Vickie Guerrero like that?

by Anonymousreply 107April 4, 2021 6:47 PM

My hair is long (back/rib length), naturally golden-blonde/brown (the colour of well-done toast), and 2B wavy/curly unstyled.

I’m a little leery about it looking frumpy, mumsy or Frauey left the way it is, but I don’t want to Karen it either (I.e. chop it short and dye/get hi-lights). Is there anything else I can do with it? I want it to look more modern and reflect my age (28) without looking too dated or trendy.

by Anonymousreply 108April 4, 2021 6:52 PM

I would say wear your hair long while you're young. 28 is still young. Maybe get some additional highlights. Learn how to deal with wavy / curly hair. Products to use to get more definition in the curls.

by Anonymousreply 109April 4, 2021 6:55 PM

But she has blond hair. Who is she aspiring to be?

by Anonymousreply 110April 4, 2021 7:10 PM

9 out of 10 times, a bottle blonde is either a nitwit or a cunt and frequently both.

by Anonymousreply 111April 4, 2021 7:18 PM

and I hate their "entanglements" too

by Anonymousreply 112April 4, 2021 7:21 PM

Evil comes in all hair colors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 4, 2021 7:23 PM

Angelina Jolie looks better with dark brown hair. Same with Julia Roberts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 4, 2021 7:27 PM

Jessica Seinfeld is not a pretty woman, no matter what shade she comes in.

by Anonymousreply 115April 4, 2021 7:28 PM

Holy shit r114 I’ve never seen her as a blonde. She looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 116April 4, 2021 7:29 PM

Jolie looked terrible as a blonde in GIRL INTERRUPTED, even though her performance was outstanding. It completely washes her out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 4, 2021 7:32 PM

R113 got that right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 4, 2021 7:33 PM

Also not her look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 4, 2021 7:33 PM

Jolie is an example where being a brunette is way more sexy than blond. She looks terrible as a blond. On the flip side, Katherine Heigle looks terrible as a brunette brunette (gay, not frau, and I can't believe I watched Firefly Lane). She looks better with Ivanka's cut and color.

by Anonymousreply 120April 4, 2021 7:47 PM

Julia Roberts also looks bad with blonde hair.

The preview photo in the link is not what I'm talking about. Sorry, you have to click the link to see the new blonde look. I couldn't find something with a preview of the blonde.

It's Allure magazine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 4, 2021 7:52 PM

Here's just the photo of blonde Julia from Allure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 4, 2021 7:53 PM

The light blonde reveals what some of us have always known: Julia's not really a PRETTY WOMAN.

She's an aging fugly hag.

by Anonymousreply 123April 4, 2021 7:54 PM

R49 blonde/blue ideal has been in place for over a millennia.

Eleanor of Aquitaine (b 1122) was considered one of the most beautiful women in the Western world. She had blue cornflower eyes and hair of golden corn.

She was also brilliant, far smarter than either of her King-husbands.

by Anonymousreply 124April 4, 2021 8:18 PM

DL fave Nichole Kidman is a blonde who dyed her hair red.

by Anonymousreply 125April 4, 2021 8:26 PM

it would be interesting to see a natural redhead growing out their bleach job (red roots, bleached below).

by Anonymousreply 126April 4, 2021 8:28 PM

So generally speaking, it’s better to go/stay blonde as a spring or summer colouring?

Imo winters don’t look good blonde unless an ashy grey platinum.

I can’t make up my mind on autumns—maybe honey, strawberry, or gingerbread blonde is a good look on them. Never beachy or bleached, though.

by Anonymousreply 127April 4, 2021 8:31 PM

Blake Lively is a good example of someone who went blonde to roaring success. She was an unremarkable brunette before.

Something about bright shiny corn-blonde just warms and invigorates her whole look. Without the dazzling gold mane, you notice her plain horsey face and how wonky her features are (said with love).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 4, 2021 8:41 PM

Blake’s natural color showing at the roots:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 4, 2021 8:42 PM

Speak for yourself wonton!

by Anonymousreply 130April 4, 2021 8:46 PM

Blake Lively does not look good in that pic at all. sort of trailer trashy. i have to believe that she has a great personality.

by Anonymousreply 131April 4, 2021 8:48 PM

R110 - ever hear of people like Miss Lindsey who oppose gsy rights? Something along those lines.

by Anonymousreply 132April 4, 2021 8:48 PM

R22 and R68 are the only ones who read the article, there is even a video at the OP.

[quote]Asks her mother, “Do you have a specific incident with someone who had blond hair?”

[quote]“Absolutely,” declares Pinkett Smith. “All throughout my childhood. I do remember experiencing being teased by white women in regards to my hair, how I looked, feeling belittled.

[quote]”I was going to do an interview with this blond woman and I thought twice about it. I thought, I don’t know if I want to do that. That was my first instinct because of how she looked! And I was like, ‘Oh! That’s no different.’ [bold]That doesn’t give me the right to clump all blond women in one. And look at me, I got blond hair! It’s no different than you getting robbed by a black guy once and now you’re saying all black dudes are thieves and dangerous.”[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 4, 2021 8:52 PM

R101 - thank you. In fact you can tell the difference between annoying women (Kardashians) and bitchy women (Jada). Because I am also annoying and probably only (reasonably) attractive physically and because I am a (reasonably) younger top I get dates with men like you, I empathize with annoying. But I can't stand assholes who treat service people like crap. Once someone does that...I am done with them.

by Anonymousreply 134April 4, 2021 8:53 PM

The dynamic between Jada and her mom is skewed. No matter how rich and powerful I ever became, my mom would never have kowtowed to me if she felt I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 135April 4, 2021 8:55 PM

In New Jersey, it's very common for middle-class white women of Italian descent to have dyed blonde hair (yes I know there's naturally blonde Italians but most Italian-Americans are from South Italy and Sicily). I think it's the same in Italy, blonde hair and blue eyes are the beauty standard. I see a lot of brown-skinned Hispanic girls do it too. Which again, reflects the beauty standard in Latin America.

I personally don't get the obsession with blondes. I actually find most men with blond hair to not be that attractive and the ones that are tend to age horribly. Some of them can look like hillbillies or trailer trash to me in fact. The hottest guys tend to be dark-haired or brown-haired to me. I see hotter redheads in general than natural blondes. But again, this is all subjective and attraction is unique to the individual.

I think for many straight men they association blondeness with being "fun", "dumb" and "feminine". So they appear more attracted to blonde women because it means it will be easier for them to get laid and also feel masculine. For nonwhite men, blonde white women may represent a status symbol of being equal to white men. For nonwhite women who dye their hair blonde, it could mean they want to fit into the Eurocentric beauty standard. But honestly, it really could boil down to they just prefer the look of it.

Many women dying their hair blonde really could just be an aesthetic preference at the end of the day.

by Anonymousreply 136April 4, 2021 8:59 PM

You're incredibly self absorbed R99. Are you 14 years old?

by Anonymousreply 137April 4, 2021 9:00 PM

It gets on my damn nerves that Beyoncé is always bleating ‘Black is beautiful, ‘We Was Kangs’ etc., yet she constantly parades around in blonde weaves. Make up your mind, heffa!

by Anonymousreply 138April 4, 2021 9:02 PM

The other thing I noticed is that, when Beyonce performs, she's the only one onstage with blonde hair. None of the background dancers are allowed to have blonde hair.

by Anonymousreply 139April 4, 2021 9:08 PM

R138 I know, right? And the media acting like Beyoncé is groundbreaking with her simplistic lyrics and style over substance work. As if India.Arie, Lauryn Hill, Nina Simone, Odetta, Erykah Badu, Queen Latifah, Jill Scott, Alice Coltrane and many others didn't predate her and had more groundbreaking and important work.

Solange was going the Afrocentric conscious route since the late 2000s but nobody paid mind to it. Plus, Janet's The Velvet Rope was more impactful than Lemonade.'

Yes, Beyoncé's blonde weave, nose jobs and fake "natural hair" pictures are so annoying and contradict her "love your Blackness" image.

by Anonymousreply 140April 4, 2021 9:08 PM

R140, she's a fake whore, like most women. Not exactly news I guess.

by Anonymousreply 141April 4, 2021 9:16 PM

The fake blonde hair on Beyoncé, Britney, J. Lo and Shakira is actually aging them more. They would all look better if they had their natural dark hair.

by Anonymousreply 142April 4, 2021 9:25 PM

[quote] The other thing I noticed is that, when Beyonce performs, she's the only one onstage with blonde hair. None of the background dancers are allowed to have blonde hair.

Agree, but Beyonce is a black woman who really can pull of blond hair well. I haven't been fan since the early days, but her coloring works well for blond.

Blake Lively is a really good example. I was trying to think of someone where the hair just totally transformed her and that's a good example from someone upthread.

by Anonymousreply 143April 4, 2021 9:54 PM

The only thing blonde hair did for blake lively was transform her from a dog faced brunette to a dog faced blonde

by Anonymousreply 144April 4, 2021 10:04 PM

Huge difference between blonde Madonna and her true brownette hair color. She looks very close to real blonde, given her coloring and eyes.

However, IMO, nothing compares to true blonde. Nature always does it better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 4, 2021 10:04 PM

[quote] However, IMO, nothing compares to true blonde. Nature always does it better.

I feel the same about girls who dye their hair red too. It always looks fake but maybe because they try to dye it literally the color red like The Little Mermaid. I've seen pretty natural redheads. Lindsay Lohan was one of them before her descent into madness.

by Anonymousreply 146April 4, 2021 10:11 PM

R145 she has always looked very masculine to me.

by Anonymousreply 147April 4, 2021 10:13 PM

I think Jaclyn Smith was more beautiful than Farrah Fawcett and Joyce Dewitt was cuter than Suzanne Somers. But blonde hair is what made Farrah and Suzanne so popular.

by Anonymousreply 148April 4, 2021 10:19 PM

Even some of these "true blondes" color and highlight their hair.

by Anonymousreply 149April 4, 2021 10:19 PM

The fact is the color of blonde hair is a beautiful color. The color of gold, of wheat, of amber, the sun, flowers.

Of course brunettes are beautiful too, but brown is nobody's favorite color.

The same with blue eyes. Blue signifies the sky, the sea. And green is another beautiful color.

We associate yellow, blue, green with more beautiful things than ugly things.

by Anonymousreply 150April 4, 2021 10:33 PM

R150 I see. So it's like a very primal urge. Cavemen liking shiny things. I also think it's due to its rarity as well since it's a recessive gene. I think jet black hair is very beautiful as well but it's only really seen among Asians or Native Americans and maybe some Irish.

by Anonymousreply 151April 4, 2021 10:35 PM

Maybe because it’s the colour of gold, and we live in a hypercapitalistic society.

by Anonymousreply 152April 4, 2021 10:36 PM

With Americans it's always all about America, America, America, Capitalism, Consumerism, Hollywood...good grief.

Have any of you studied Classical art? Renaissance painting,?

You really think Botticelli was going to paint Venus as a brunette?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153April 4, 2021 10:43 PM

Not wanting to start a fight, but the standards of beauty are not absolute. A lot of what we take for granted is actually indoctrinated into us so thoroughly that we view them as truths.

by Anonymousreply 154April 4, 2021 10:43 PM

R154 Blondes are held up as an ideal all over the world. And have been for centuries.

by Anonymousreply 155April 4, 2021 10:45 PM

R154 Exactly. Beauty standards change over time. But also what we find physically attractive is deeply personal to the individual. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder is definitely true.

R155 No, they aren't. Only in Europe and countries colonized by Europe and populated by a lot of Europeans (America, Canada, Latin American countries, Australia, etc). The only beauty standards that are close to universal is clear skin, expressive eyes, a healthy weight and maybe lighter skin (which implies not working in the sun).

by Anonymousreply 156April 4, 2021 10:48 PM

Look at Nigerian movies, Ghanian movies, Bollywood movies, Korean dramas and Japanese dramas. You don't see any blondes. All brunettes. Contrary to popular belief, most of the world does not care about white people or hold them as a beauty standard. They like light skin yes but that has to do with class (not working in the sun) not race.

by Anonymousreply 157April 4, 2021 10:51 PM

R156 You don't travel much do you. All over the world women lighten their hair. It is a rage in Japan. Blonde braids are huge among Africans. Etc.

by Anonymousreply 158April 4, 2021 10:58 PM

Cpt Gen George Custer with Civil War prisoner Lt Washington

Those blond locks later got scalped at Little Big Horn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 4, 2021 11:01 PM

R158 Light skin was always desirable in Japan and throughout East Asia because it implied you were higher-class and not laboring in the sun. Geishas painted their faces white. Look at Ancient Chinese paintings and you'll see light skinned nobles. This was before they even encountered Europeans.

Blonde braids could have been popularized by African-American cultural icons like Beyoncé. I doubt they were inspired by Bo Derek

by Anonymousreply 160April 4, 2021 11:01 PM

[quote]Look at Nigerian movies, Ghanian movies, Bollywood movies,

Even Bollywood loves some highlights.

Alia Bhatt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161April 4, 2021 11:06 PM

THE star among Nigerian teens, Regina Daniels:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162April 4, 2021 11:10 PM

Those women you listed don't look more attractive with blonde hair and they are outliers not the norm. Especially compared to Hollywood which has a disproportionate amount of blonde-haired actresses. In Japan, blond dyed hair is associated with delinquents and Yakuza who want to rebel against the cultural norm. In some African villages, albinos (who can be white or blonde haired) are persecuted. The attractiveness of blondes varies by culture.

by Anonymousreply 163April 4, 2021 11:16 PM

[quote]Those women you listed don't look more attractive with blonde hair

According to you.

And I agree with you about that. But no matter what you or I think about it, highlighting hair is a thing all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 164April 4, 2021 11:19 PM

Maybe it's due to the rarity. Majority of people in the world have black eyes and black/dark hair, so it is desirable to be among the rare blonds/blue eyes. Imagine if 80% of women were blonds, I think some of them would have liked to dye their hair black.

by Anonymousreply 165April 4, 2021 11:27 PM

I think it is the rarity that factors in and also many white babies and children are blondes. So it's associated with youth and innocence in adulthood. It could also be the nobility association like the belief that the Anglo-Saxons who ruled England were blondes. The blonde stereotype which implies low intelligence, innocence, promiscuity and a fun-loving nature popularized by Marilyn Monroe also plays a role. I still strongly believe traits like facial symmetry, good teeth and hair texture, a fit physique and a charming personality are still more important in sexual attraction than just hair and eye color. That's just an individual aesthetic preference.

by Anonymousreply 166April 4, 2021 11:33 PM

R163 The most highly paid Korean actresses. See the video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 4, 2021 11:39 PM

R167 All of those women are brown-haired to black-haired. Asians can have brown hair too. Some even can have red hair but it's rare and usually in Mongolia.

by Anonymousreply 168April 4, 2021 11:43 PM

I love the look of surfer hair ..brown with highlights but still partly brown.

Bleach gives hair body but I dunno about dye.

by Anonymousreply 169April 4, 2021 11:46 PM

Blonde is boring, give me dark hair and dark skin.

by Anonymousreply 170April 4, 2021 11:47 PM

R168 A good number of those women have highlighted hair, not natural.

by Anonymousreply 171April 4, 2021 11:53 PM

What's with the people here acting like blondes are innately beautiful and dying your hair blonde is the secret potion to beauty?

If someone has an ugly face, awful teeth, is overweight with stringy hair. I really doubt dying it blonde would enhance their attractiveness. Go to your local trailer park or the inner-city ghetto and you will see this in action.

I've never once in my life saw anything special about blondes. I always thought redheads or people with jet-black hair were much more fascinating. I think blue eyes and green eyes are pretty though.

A lot of straight guys associate with blonde hair with being slutty and stupid. Hence they will give blondes more attention. Most guys will fuck any hot girl regardless of her hair color, eye color, skin color, etc.

by Anonymousreply 172April 4, 2021 11:57 PM

That's not entirely true R172. I know many straight men who don't find black women attractive no matter how beautiful they are, simply because they find dark skin and african features unattractive. They aren't trying to be mean or racist necessarily.

by Anonymousreply 173April 5, 2021 12:14 AM

R173 that is true. I know a lot of black and white women who find white men unattractive but have no issue with them as possible

by Anonymousreply 174April 5, 2021 12:18 AM

*as people

by Anonymousreply 175April 5, 2021 12:18 AM

[quote]I always thought redheads or people with jet-black hair were much more fascinating.

Gosh you sound like a bigot.

by Anonymousreply 176April 5, 2021 12:36 AM

[Quote] Gosh you sound like a bigot.

Gosh you sound like a troll. Is it hard to understand that not everyone kisses the feet of blondes or bottle blondes? I care more about the body and facial features than the hair color anyway

by Anonymousreply 177April 5, 2021 12:40 AM

I think Jada's opinion might have a lot to do with the women of Fox News and all these blonde Republican women who wear their hair very long. I have to agree with her to some degree. I never really thought about it much in the past, but since Trump every time I see a woman with long straight blonde hair out in some public place I immediate think she's a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 178April 5, 2021 12:56 AM

Sorry R177 anyone who writes "I always thought redheads or people with jet-black hair were much more fascinating." can only be a bigot.

by Anonymousreply 179April 5, 2021 1:08 AM

R179

I'm so sorry that I don't put blondes on a pedestal and am more fascinated by actual hair colors that are rare to see. Yes redheads are so beloved and not mocked and bullied.

by Anonymousreply 180April 5, 2021 1:12 AM

R180 Bud, you are the one judging people by their hair color. Bigot indeed.

by Anonymousreply 181April 5, 2021 1:15 AM

R181

Bud, you're the one making assumptions about me. People are people. If the body is hot and face is cute I will fuck.

by Anonymousreply 182April 5, 2021 1:18 AM

Rt2, You are now obviously being deliberately obtuse, but I'll play.

Male villains are often blond. As for blonde female villains:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 5, 2021 4:12 AM

[quote]Blonde braids could have been popularized by African-American cultural icons like Beyoncé. I doubt they were inspired by Bo Derek

Bo Derek popularized braids for white women.

Blonde hair, however, on black women has been around since the 50s. Icons of their day, Joyce Bryant and Dinah Washington, both had blonde hair. Etta James, which I'm sure some people here might remember, also had it as well. Black fashion model Dorothea Towles had it in the 50s too. Now, like then, some women dye their hair and some wear blonde wigs. It was only a matter of time before someone decided to dye it and braid it once it became easier for black women to dye their hair blonde and not completely destroy it first in order to do it.

As for if they're doing it to meet a white standard of beauty, it's hard to say. Braids are quite the opposite of that. It might be, in some cases, done for the same reason gays went through that phase of bleaching their hair white teens and college students have been coloring their hair all kinds of colors for years: because they like it and they want to express themselves that way.

by Anonymousreply 184April 5, 2021 5:05 AM

The insta hohos have made darker hair trend. Lying about being biracial, blasian, brasian, hapa or indigenous is so bad they have black fishing accounts dedicated to outing them. Older middle-aged women are asking for blonde styles. Bright colours and neon are actually requested more and googled to DIY than blonde. Fake looking blonde is popular combined with modern mullets.

by Anonymousreply 185April 5, 2021 5:41 AM

See....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186April 5, 2021 6:04 AM

Carolyn Bessemer Kennedy is a good example of a transformative blonde dye job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 5, 2021 1:39 PM

Carolyn Bessette Kennedy was the embodiment of the privileged NYC white girl who imagines herself to be far prettier than she actually is. (Much like Gwynnie P, that other platinum blonde.)

Glamorous? Nicely dressed? Sure. But an actual beauty? Not so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188April 5, 2021 2:18 PM

R188 Agree but her lighter hair did make her much more striking. She was kind of a plainer version of Elaine Irwin.

by Anonymousreply 189April 5, 2021 4:11 PM

[quote]Glamorous? Nicely dressed? Sure. But an actual beauty? Not so much.

I'm curious to know: what of her features do you feel made her not beautiful?

by Anonymousreply 190April 5, 2021 4:51 PM

[quote] Our national love affair with blondes owes a great deal to Hollywood. In the old days of B&W, it was easier to light and photograph blondes: their hair reflected the light and made them appear to glow and look softer, prettier. If an actress could be blonde, she should be was the philosophy.

Women should bring back the "old Hollywood" style blonde look. It would be refreshing to see more Marilyn Monroe and less Ann Coulter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191April 5, 2021 5:42 PM

Mae West too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 5, 2021 5:43 PM

Paltrow has never had platinum blonde hair, only a drab yellow.

by Anonymousreply 193April 5, 2021 5:46 PM

I love that the "spoiled heiress blonde wig" at Party City is based on Ivanka Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194April 5, 2021 5:46 PM

R185. I've noticed this too. I associate blonde hair with women over 40 with fridge bitch Fox News faces. Young women seem to be going dark or some rainbow bright style. The California blonde is out. Blame the Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 195April 5, 2021 6:15 PM

R194. Party City nailed those roots, lol.

by Anonymousreply 196April 5, 2021 6:16 PM

[quote]These names are not difficult for the majority of English speakers. A name like Weinstein would present more of a difficulty because of the German spelling.

The world is much bigger than the United States and most of the world speaks Chinese and Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 197April 5, 2021 7:18 PM

R190, The totality. CBK was horse-faced with a misshapen nose.

by Anonymousreply 198April 5, 2021 9:38 PM

R17', Can you really be that stupid?! People have preferences! I hope you're a blond guy, because I find them in general an unattractive type.

by Anonymousreply 199April 5, 2021 9:43 PM

The young girls where I work go for brunette and darker colors ala the Kardashians or purple or green. Blonde is dated to them. The Kardashian whores made the Baby Boomer’s blondes unfashionable. Besides with a lace wig you can be strawberry colored one day and short green the next.

by Anonymousreply 200April 6, 2021 3:01 AM

That was just plain stupid, R19.

by Anonymousreply 201April 6, 2021 3:29 AM

We have many threads about CBK, but she was a striking looking woman with her great blond dye job - and she captured the minimalist 90s look very well.

Goop looked her best imitating CBK in the movie A Perfect Murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202April 6, 2021 11:23 PM

Feels like brunette was having a moment in for young women in the late 1990s, too. The whole ‘Reality Bytes’, ‘Cruel Intentions’, ‘Party of Five’ moody-dramatic aesthetic. Maybe this is just a retraux of that.

by Anonymousreply 203April 6, 2021 11:31 PM

Thanks R109. Just bought some curl serum and some leave-in, we’ll see what happens. Hopefully if the condition improves, I can leave it long without it looking a mess haha

As for color, this thread has got me wondering whether it would be more chic to go dark—say auburn, chestnut or chocolate. I love my honey-blonde and coppery streaks, but if it’s a look that’s making me seem old or out of date then....idk. Dark dye isn’t great for health so if I did it then I would want to go organic with henna dye. Dark streaks on blonde are pure Lauren Conrad in THE HILLS, though😂😂dont think I can commit to bringing that back. Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 204April 6, 2021 11:36 PM

Apparently she can overlook the fact that blonde hair on a black woman is cultural appropriation. Another one who wants it both ways

by Anonymousreply 205April 6, 2021 11:38 PM

[quote] Gentlemen prefer blondes, but they marry brunettes.

And they never bring the redhead home to mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206April 12, 2021 4:28 PM

It’s weird I guess, but I focus more on facial features than hair color. I really don’t care much about hair color and I don’t believe, as many do on here, that hair color determines how a person smells.

by Anonymousreply 207April 12, 2021 5:22 PM

Mother tells me that ginger-haired women with fair skin are all "fast."

by Anonymousreply 208April 12, 2021 6:28 PM

We learned in beauty school that people are not white or black or red or yellow....but that their hair 𝘤𝘢𝘯 be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 12, 2021 6:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!