Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Any truth that the Nazis fled to Brazil and fathered children there?

This photo of President Jair Bolsonaro with Army Chief Edson Pujol, Navy head Ilques Barbosa and Air Force chief Antonio Carlos Moretti Bermudez (the latter three all just resigned) looks like a bunch of German guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2021 7:02 PM

Oh dear. The lacking in historical context edition.

by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2021 8:50 PM

Brazil has a lot of Germans, OP, especially in the south region. It doesn't mean they were fathered by Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2021 8:57 PM

I think an ostritch wrote that.

by Anonymousreply 3April 3, 2021 9:10 PM

Um. Yes.

by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2021 9:51 PM

More in Argentina. Go to the Patagonia area. It's like stepping back in time in some establisments.

by Anonymousreply 5April 3, 2021 10:10 PM

This documentary will explain it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2021 10:15 PM

You Americans are so ignorant of history and the world outside your trailer park, it's embarrasing. Pujol is a Catalan (Spanish) surname; same for Bermudez and I inform you that Spanish people could look Nordic or Mediterranean, never like Amerindians.

by Anonymousreply 7April 4, 2021 8:35 AM

R7 Not sure what your point is, but your racism comes through loud and clear.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2021 5:15 PM

Isn't that where Mangele went?

Several went to Argentina.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2021 5:17 PM

Fuck off R7, Americans don’t have the stupidity market cornered, for example see OP’s pic, and if that doesn’t convince you, go find a mirror and make sure the soft lighting is turned up high and bright.

And is it especially difficult to fake one’s name, or change a last name in Brazil? There have been many Nazis reported from the US with innocuous last names who were revealed to be “Schwann,” or “Helberdorfer” or some other severe German shit.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2021 5:36 PM

Brazilians are more mixed but they have their racial trust issues too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2021 5:39 PM

South America has tons of Nazis, Italians, and Jews who moved there after WWII and acted like nothing happened

by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2021 5:39 PM

R7 -- Perhaps you should learn how to speak English before you spew forth, in bad English, your hostility towards us.

by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2021 5:39 PM

r13 My English is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2021 6:37 PM

I honestly had no idea it was this many Nazis. I'd never looked it up but just assumed it was a few hundred, not potentially 9000 of them.

[quote]German prosecutors who examined secret files from Brazil and Chile discovered that as many as 9,000 Nazi officers and collaborators from other countries escaped from Europe to find sanctuary in South American countries. Brazil took in between 1,500 and 2,000 Nazi war criminals, while between 500 and 1,000 settled in Chile. However, by far the largest number—as many as 5,000—relocated to Argentina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2021 6:43 PM

I wonder if Brazilian born gisele bündchen’s grandfather was a nazi? I read in the internet that he used to be a pilot in Germany.

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2021 6:52 PM

It’s not coincidental that Brazil is full of Covid-denying fuckups.

by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2021 7:00 PM

Every time we meet a blue eyed Brazilian, my partner gives me a death stare that says, "if you mention Lebensborn or lebensraum, I will leave."

Which is my way of saying ... yes, you're right.

by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2021 7:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!