Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What happens to Drag Queens after RPDR?

Do they become more successful? Alcoholics? I feel like the expectations becomes really high for their fans and then they must disappoint. Also, where is there to go for a DQ after Drag Race?

by Anonymousreply 29June 28, 2021 4:13 AM

They go to the North Pole, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2021 7:51 PM

Like any poor, deluded animal after being visited by straight people at the circus, they get put to sleep because no-one actually wants to take them home.

by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2021 7:54 PM

They do well on the Drag Queen circuit—yes there is one

RPDR has actually dominated the circuit to the point that drag queens who have not appeared on RPDR complain that no one wants to book them

by Anonymousreply 3April 3, 2021 8:04 PM

Mrs. Kasha Davis (S7) was recently the subject of a documentary that captures the post-DR reality for early-out/filler queens. Post-season she found that she wasn't in nearly as much demand as the top queens, and she developed a drinking problem as she tried to deal with the disappointment. It also touches on how queens who haven't gotten on the show are kind of invisible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2021 8:19 PM

They go back to where they came from with a feather in their cap.

by Anonymousreply 5April 3, 2021 8:21 PM

Jonny McGovern gets on my nerves, but [italic]Hey Qween[/italic] is great to watch if you want to find out about the queens' lives after the show. The Ginger Minj interview is especially worth watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2021 8:26 PM

They marry Trumps.

by Anonymousreply 7April 3, 2021 8:27 PM

The ones that do the best are the ones that hover near the top in their season or on All Stars, but don’t actually win., and earn some notoriety with their behavior.

That way they aren’t trapped in indentured servitude to World of Wonder for life.

I wonder about a couple of the queens who got very far on their season, but you never hear from them again. What happened to Josslyn Fox, Dida Ritz and Ivy Winters, for example ? They all made it to the second half of their seasons but you never hear from them.

by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2021 8:34 PM

I never hear from any of them.

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2021 8:37 PM

They become really bitter and overly cunty about everything in life like most on the Inland Empire, Ca queens. God damn! There so much bitterness from them on their social media. Most especially Mayham, and Morgen. Mayham is non stop bitter and cunt on her IG live. It's fucking exhausting! I really do think there's something in the IE that makes these queen so much more bitter and angry compared to the rest of them. Maybe is an age thing because most a way older dolls.

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2021 8:38 PM

What happened to Robbie Turner. Did he go on trial for murdering the Uber driver yet?

by Anonymousreply 11April 3, 2021 8:44 PM

He murdered a driver?

by Anonymousreply 12April 3, 2021 8:45 PM

I think Robbie rightly realized that it will be a long time, if ever, if she can come back from that. Plus she got exposed not only as a pathological liar but sketchy in other ways (like skipping out on bills).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 3, 2021 8:54 PM

[quote]I wonder about a couple of the queens who got very far on their season, but you never hear from them again. What happened to Josslyn Fox, Dida Ritz and Ivy Winters, for example? They all made it to the second half of their seasons but you never hear from them.

Joslyn and Dida are still involved in their local drag scenes (Worcester, MA, and Chicago); Joslyn also DJs.

Joslyn had a bad DR experience—she says she doesn't watch the show anymore or have any desire to be cast on All Stars. She spoke out about production concocting a fake feud between her and Courtney, and she says she got a lot of hate online post-season despite doing well and getting Miss Congeniality.

Dida has said she'd like to be on All Stars. She's a cast member with The Vixen's Black Girl Magic revue in Chicago.

Ivy Winters doesn't do drag much anymore, just occasional gigs and tours. She lives in rural Michigan, away from the scene, and prioritizes her marriage and home life. Alaska confirmed on [italic]Race Chaser[/italic] that she turned down All Stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 3, 2021 9:34 PM

Joslyn didn't win Miss C on her season, although IMO she should have. Bendela won, but I think it was more due to the fans' disagreeing with her elimination.

I have NO idea why anyone would send Joslyn online hate messages, but nothing about the RPDR fanbase surprises me anymore.

by Anonymousreply 15April 3, 2021 9:55 PM

^ Oops, that's right—I forgot about DeLa.

by Anonymousreply 16April 3, 2021 9:57 PM

To the glue factory, Rose!

There’s a lot of glue in this current group.

by Anonymousreply 17April 3, 2021 10:05 PM

Venus D-Lite, the first out from S3, stands out as a queen who didn't do well and was forgotten yet thirsts for fame in the most cringeworthy of ways.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 3, 2021 10:07 PM

Wow! She's something, r18.

by Anonymousreply 19April 3, 2021 10:38 PM

Venus D-Lite is cute as a boy.

by Anonymousreply 20April 3, 2021 10:41 PM

She was in an Adam Bartha "project" called The Plastics with the guy who wanted to be Justin Bieber and a girl who had surgery to look like Jennifer Lawrence but looks nothing like her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 3, 2021 10:43 PM

They were touring the club circuit, back in the days when we had live clubs.

by Anonymousreply 22April 3, 2021 11:26 PM

In the early seasons, when social media had yet to reach its peak, there wasn't really a sense that an early-out queen could monetize having been on the show—except for meme queens like Porkchop, most just went home and faded into obscurity.

Akashia from S1 went back to being a manager at Starbucks.

Alisa Summers and Penny Tration, the first-outs from S4 and S5, went back to their day jobs and weekend club gigs. Somebody on Reddit says Penny waited on him a couple of years ago at Olive Garden.

Honey Mahogany and Vivienne Pinay, the show's first double sashay (S5), have stopped performing. Honey got into local politics; she works as an aide to a San Francisco city supervisor and is a member of her local Democratic committee.

Vivienne (formerly of the Haus of Edwards) started a wig-making business catering to actresses who perform as Disney princesses at birthday parties. She was publicly excoriated by a group of princesses who said her wigs were shit and that she was personally shady as hell. The Reddit thread about this, "Vivienne Pinay's Wig Meltdown," is a classic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 8, 2021 7:02 PM

Venus D-Lite's peak act of cringe was doing a YouTube reaction video for WOW after Bianca Del Rio roasted her on an episode of her "Really Queen?" series. It's hard to believe WOW signed off on this "clapback."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 8, 2021 7:20 PM

Some of them, like Trixie Mattel, make A LOT of money.

But there are been so many seasons, it's easy to forget most of them.

Although "From RPDR" on a flyer will get people in the door.

by Anonymousreply 25April 8, 2021 7:30 PM

They all perform in Ptown

by Anonymousreply 26April 9, 2021 5:08 AM

Never got the appeal. I hate how they’ve monopolized our community, Most seem seriously mentally ill

by Anonymousreply 27June 28, 2021 2:48 AM

Is Bob the Drag Queen still acting like the only woke SJW and Trans ally in the universe? I really liked him on the show, but his Twitter was really racially charged and nasty.

It reminds me of that Lloyd Richards quote "It's about time for the piano to realize he has not written the concerto", or some such!

by Anonymousreply 28June 28, 2021 3:56 AM

[quote]What happens to Drag Queens after RPDR?

A lot of plastic surgery. A LOT. Fuck knows what they will look like in 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 29June 28, 2021 4:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!