Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Gays and Tennis Part 71 - Miami and Beyond

The other thread has been paywalled. Long live the new thread!

[quote] So men's SF are RBA vs. Sinner and Rublev vs. Hurkacz

Sunshine single.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355April 17, 2021 1:23 PM

Baptist team or Sinner team?

Rublev team or Hurkacz team?

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2021 3:46 AM

Who took the vax so far?

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2021 3:49 AM

Thanks, DL. I wasn't familiar with him, but Jack Sock and his butt are mesmerizing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2021 3:50 AM

[quote] Who took the vax so far?

Not Novax.

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2021 4:00 AM

I like Rublev and I find his grunt to be cute. It's not grating like Nadal's extended vocalizations

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2021 4:01 AM

Is Jack Sock or his agent a DLer?

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2021 4:14 AM

Andreescu is kind of a drama queen on court a la Jankovic. Very dramatic when she misses a shots

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2021 4:22 AM

[quote] Is Jack Sock or his agent a DLer?

OP here. Aside from his ass I am not a Sock fan at all. He was on my mind because on Instagram he’s been promoting some paid partnership with some video game company or something. I didn’t bother to click on the link to see what it was about. He’s also back on Twitter after saying his account was hacked several years back.

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2021 4:32 AM

Aw shit is Sakkari going to take out Bibi? I hope not - Bibi is really growing on me.

by Anonymousreply 9April 2, 2021 5:02 AM

I love Bianca's game.

by Anonymousreply 10April 2, 2021 5:20 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2021 5:58 AM

She has the game but more importantly at this level, a winner's mentality. So many players choke at important points.

by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2021 6:00 AM

I was rooting for Maria

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2021 6:03 AM

Barty vs. Andreescu should be fun

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2021 6:31 AM

Andreescu will win, announce next week that she is injured again and not play for another 15 months. There is something very suspicious about the pattern and frequency of her injuries.

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2021 6:46 AM

I want to be spitroasted by RBA and PCB.

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2021 9:05 AM

R16= Roberto Carballes Baena

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2021 9:12 AM

Rublev Team

Sinner Team

Momma Andreescu Team

by Anonymousreply 18April 2, 2021 10:14 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2021 11:03 AM

R7 But she is very nice at the net, she was very kind to Sorribes, she said to her that she is an amazing player and has a game difficult to read. I'm pretty sure for a journeywoman like Sara was nice to be praised by a GS champion.

Bianca has a really good game and she has the fighting spirit. If she keeps herself healthy there will be more GS in her future

by Anonymousreply 20April 2, 2021 11:06 AM

Team RBA.

Even though I think Rublev will probably win...

by Anonymousreply 21April 2, 2021 1:21 PM

Is there anything remarkable about Jack Sock besides that amazingly juicy 🍑

by Anonymousreply 22April 2, 2021 1:34 PM

Team RBA and Team Andreescu also. I think it is the first time where I like all of them.

by Anonymousreply 23April 2, 2021 1:49 PM

[quote] Is there anything remarkable about Jack Sock besides that amazingly juicy 🍑

No.

by Anonymousreply 24April 2, 2021 2:05 PM

Very few people know that Jack Sock is 2nd cousin of Matt Damon's wife.

by Anonymousreply 25April 2, 2021 2:12 PM

Is she journeywoman?

by Anonymousreply 26April 2, 2021 2:20 PM

Have they explained why they are not using the big central court?

by Anonymousreply 27April 2, 2021 2:43 PM

[quote] Have they explained why they are not using the big central court?

I’m the only court who matters.

by Anonymousreply 28April 2, 2021 4:45 PM

Margaret, are you the butch or the fem in your lez relationship with Wendy Turnbull?

by Anonymousreply 29April 2, 2021 4:46 PM

RBA, all the way!

by Anonymousreply 30April 2, 2021 5:52 PM

Sinner!

If Rublev wins it'll be the battle of the ginges!

by Anonymousreply 31April 2, 2021 8:52 PM

Is Becker still bankrupt and banging women in restaurant closets?

by Anonymousreply 32April 2, 2021 9:36 PM

I googled what's the latest on Becker and he's facing trial for concealing assets when he filed for bankruptcy. There was a court hearing in London two weeks ago. He's accused of concealing ownership of shares, property ownership, sporting trophies and cash in undeclared bank accounts. His trial is due to take place in September next year.

by Anonymousreply 33April 2, 2021 10:04 PM

yes but

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 2, 2021 10:07 PM

ja, aber

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 2, 2021 10:26 PM

he was HAF

by Anonymousreply 36April 2, 2021 10:27 PM

Thiem has withdrawn from Monte Carlo saying he's not ready yet. His agent told the press it's been hard for him being in the tennis bubble

Isner and injured Coric also withdraw

by Anonymousreply 37April 2, 2021 10:31 PM

Tsitsipas and Daddy busted in Miami...

Becker has always reminded me of the Abominable Snowman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 2, 2021 10:32 PM

Titsy can help Domi with busting that bubble.

by Anonymousreply 39April 2, 2021 10:34 PM

spoiled and pampered

again they are LUCKY they get to do their jobs even if conditions aren't ideal

they really need a dose of reality

by Anonymousreply 40April 2, 2021 10:37 PM

Titsy needs a shrink.

by Anonymousreply 41April 2, 2021 10:44 PM

R15 What are you suggesting?

by Anonymousreply 42April 2, 2021 10:48 PM

is ANY top player male or female quote "normal"?.....

by Anonymousreply 43April 3, 2021 12:24 AM

Hurkacz has big dick energy

by Anonymousreply 44April 3, 2021 12:39 AM

R43, I think that's like asking whether any top chess player is "normal." It's just not that kind of sport.

by Anonymousreply 45April 3, 2021 12:40 AM

I wonder who it is that is telling Gramps not to retire

by Anonymousreply 46April 3, 2021 12:42 AM

Well, Hurkacz vs. Sinner tomorrow. No one saw this one coming.

by Anonymousreply 47April 3, 2021 12:47 AM

Really stupid match from Rublev. He kept hitting to Hurkacz backhand, which is exactly what Hurkacz wants! Hurkacz was winning the backhand to backhand rallies and then would often drive it down the line when he knew Rublev was out of position. Not sure why Rublev kept trying to break down that side when it's the Hurkacz forehand that is weaker and can fall apart.

at least we'll get a new Masters winner.

Medvedev, Zverev and Tsitsipas all must be kicking themselves for missing this opportunity. Especially Tsitsipas as he has the WTF but not a Masters.

by Anonymousreply 48April 3, 2021 12:59 AM

It'll be great to see two humble guys who are all about the tennis in the finals. No prima donnas preening and strutting, no scarecrows scowling and smirking, berating the umpire and the spectators--how long has it been since we've seen that in an ATP 1000 final?

by Anonymousreply 49April 3, 2021 1:11 AM

R49, you may be in the minority, though. "Two humble guys" might = no story line = lower ratings.

by Anonymousreply 50April 3, 2021 1:19 AM

Rafa!

by Anonymousreply 51April 3, 2021 1:23 AM

The humor on DL tennis threads is so corny and/or obscure.

by Anonymousreply 52April 3, 2021 4:47 AM

What were you expecting to find, R52?

by Anonymousreply 53April 3, 2021 5:33 AM

Hurcacz is a great mover for a big guy and played an incredibly clean match. So solid off both sides. And that big serve that bailed him out. He played amazingly clean 'basher' tennis. And he's solid at net. Impressive.

Still, Sinner Team.

by Anonymousreply 54April 3, 2021 10:40 AM

R48.. well today's players are nothing if not pathologically stubborn... besides, how many players even the top players have a plan b much less a plan c if their normal game is not working that day?....

how many times do you hear a player before going on court in a pre-match interview say "i'm just going to play my game".. the interviewer never follows up with "but what if that isn't working then what?"

by Anonymousreply 55April 3, 2021 1:47 PM

Pre-match interviews are pointless. What else do you expect them to say? "I'm invincible and cannot lose"? "My opponent is better at tennis than me. I'm a bit shit tbh"?

by Anonymousreply 56April 3, 2021 1:55 PM

[quote] how many times do you hear a player before going on court in a pre-match interview say "i'm just going to play my game".. the interviewer never follows up with "but what if that isn't working then what?"

That's because the interviewers are just as shit as the players. They are hacks like Pat McEnroe who might as well say "I'm just going to ask my prepared questions". They don't have a plan B for their questions either.

by Anonymousreply 57April 3, 2021 1:59 PM

R56.. perhaps no details on their game plan but more than "i'll play my game"! and as it turns out? 99.9% of them play their game because they DON"T KNOW HOW to do anything different... when players like barty and andreescu are praised to the heavens because they have "variety" then something is amiss in the game , because the vast majority play the same way, match after match, loss after loss... (i.e. maria sharapova who never did ANYTHING, i repeat ANYTHING that i know of to tinker with her game to beat serena for example! she might still lose to serena, but at least try something different, which she never did!)...

look at chris evert, losing to martina 13 times in a row, what did she do? she changed rackets from wood to graphite ( a huge undertaking!), started lifting weights, doing all kinds of different drills for speed on the court, started running miles and miles to build up endurance, changed her forehand stroke to make it more offensive as well as using more topspin to keep martina pinned to the baseline on her "weaker" backhand side, starting coming into the net more herself, added spin and a kick to her serves along with more power, developed a awesome topspin lob, and so on and so on...

she didn't like 99.9% of the players today keep hitting her head against a wall and think "gee, why can't i beat so and so with my game as it is?"!....i blame the player, their coaches as well... okay, sorry for the rambling..

by Anonymousreply 58April 3, 2021 2:03 PM

R57.. lol! good one! so so true!

have you seen and heard nepotism pratash amritraj yet on tennis channel? smarmy AND stupid!....

by Anonymousreply 59April 3, 2021 2:05 PM

Team Sinner and I am completely happy with either Barty or Bianca (but my love for Bianca's mother is strong)

by Anonymousreply 60April 3, 2021 3:28 PM

I really want Hurkacz to win as I've liked him for a long time and am very happy to see him finally have some success but think Sinner will take it as he's been on fire in Miami.

by Anonymousreply 61April 3, 2021 3:33 PM

Dinner team or Hurkacz team?

by Anonymousreply 62April 3, 2021 4:06 PM

Sinner team or Hurkacz team?

by Anonymousreply 63April 3, 2021 4:06 PM

WhoreCash Team!

by Anonymousreply 64April 3, 2021 4:38 PM

Gael Monfils is engaged to Elina Svitolina

by Anonymousreply 65April 3, 2021 8:40 PM

Didn't they break up recently?

by Anonymousreply 66April 3, 2021 8:43 PM

Andreescu injured again?

by Anonymousreply 67April 3, 2021 8:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 3, 2021 8:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 3, 2021 8:45 PM

damn, Boris Becker faces 7 years in jail if convicted!

by Anonymousreply 70April 3, 2021 8:46 PM

yeah, maybe she gave him an ultimatum and he took some time to think about it.

by Anonymousreply 71April 3, 2021 8:47 PM

Barty played well. Andreescu fell in the second set and hurt her foot

the first set she seemed OK but maybe not serving as hard. Her shoulder had some tape

by Anonymousreply 72April 3, 2021 8:48 PM

Barty had TMG today. No way she was going to lose regardless.

by Anonymousreply 73April 3, 2021 9:03 PM

Bianca played WAY too much tennis.

Girl needs to find a way to win in two sets, not three!

Congrats to Elina and Monfils.

by Anonymousreply 74April 3, 2021 9:06 PM

R68, that’s a nice ring. They said that they were breaking up because they both wanted to focus on their tennis, but I guess they missed each other. Awwww . . .

by Anonymousreply 75April 3, 2021 9:21 PM

fuj

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 3, 2021 9:25 PM

Frau, most likely she fucked that kyrgios at AO

by Anonymousreply 77April 3, 2021 9:28 PM

I like Svitolina a lot and I think she's pretty. Good for Gael (who has a pretty rocken bod and seems like a nice guy).

by Anonymousreply 78April 3, 2021 9:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 3, 2021 9:43 PM

Bianca is probably too fat to play tennis.

by Anonymousreply 80April 3, 2021 10:24 PM

I was so looking forward to Barty/Andreescu, and I feel sad for Bianca. Hope those two are able to meet many times again.

by Anonymousreply 81April 3, 2021 10:52 PM

since it's time for Charleston again, I must post the most epic WTA match of bitchery

2004 Conchita Martinez def. Patty Schnyder 6-4 6-3

Schnyder even playing mind games when it was time to shake hands lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 3, 2021 10:55 PM

They’re getting married in July? Is Elina knocked up??

by Anonymousreply 83April 3, 2021 11:15 PM

Hopefully Bianca is healthy enough to play on the clay. She hasnt really gotten to showcase herself on that surface much. Her constant injuries are a concern and I think its cause she plays so many long matches despite being fit. That will wear you down.

by Anonymousreply 84April 4, 2021 2:29 AM

Draws for next week are out

Charleston-headed by Barty and Kenin also featuring Kvitova, Bertens, Bencic, Muguruza, Mertens, Keys, Stephens, Anisimova and Gauff

Bogota-with Zheng and Sorribes Tormo as top 2 seeds. Bonus! DL dream come true! Sorribes Tormo has drawn her grunt inspiration Errani in the first round! I hope their match is televised. The talented young Danish teen Tauson is also there as the 4th seed

Sardinia-headed by Evans and Fritz also featuring Sonego, Basilashvili, Struff, Millman, Pella, Paul, Simon and Musetti

Marbella-headed by PCB and Fognini also featuring Ruud, Ramos-Vinolas, Davidovich Fokina, Lopez, Kwon, Delbonis and talented teens Alcaraz and Rune

by Anonymousreply 85April 4, 2021 2:46 AM

At the 2019 Miami Open, Kerber called Bianca Andreescu “the biggest drama queen ever”.

Kerber wasn’t wrong. Barty was dominant today. She was clearly going to win the match before Bianca’s fall and yet somehow the day is all about Andreescu’s injury.

Congrats to Barty. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 86April 4, 2021 8:38 AM

Is Barty the dullest, most boring and least deserving number one ever? She could come out as Margaret Court's secret lez lover and still somehow manage to make it boring. Why doesn't she just go back to golf or cricket or whatever sport it was that she played for a while before her return to tennis followed by a very suspicious improvement in form that vaulted her to the top.

by Anonymousreply 87April 4, 2021 9:15 AM

R80 She is not fat at all, she used to be a little chubby but not anymore, right now she is fit

R87 I don't agree, she is a very down to earth girl, and probably tennis is not her first priority either (which explains some of her loses) but she is very talented and her game has a lot of variety.

Right now she is the one who made more aces this year, and that for a pretty short girl.

I hear a lot of people complainning about the players personalities, it seems Sinner is boring as hell. All of a sudden being focused in your job is a bad thing. One Kyrgios or Bublik gives colour to the circuit but you need people who take seriously their job.

And frankly, the big three are not exactly very interesting. Nole, maybe, but the other too are business men who never open their mouth if they thing it's a controversial matter because it's bad for business

by Anonymousreply 88April 4, 2021 11:43 AM

Well, Sinner is showing that he is still a little green. Served for the first set, lose the set, lose the tie break and lose his first serve in the second

by Anonymousreply 89April 4, 2021 6:19 PM

Ugh, I was really high on Sinner, but this performance is troubling. He seems to have just lost it mentally after going up a break to serve out the first set.

by Anonymousreply 90April 4, 2021 6:31 PM

Now Hurkacz doesn’t want to win this match.

by Anonymousreply 91April 4, 2021 6:42 PM

Good on Hukacz to win that match but the boy was tight, tight, tight. Both actually were.

by Anonymousreply 92April 4, 2021 6:55 PM

Agree, R92, both were tight but Sinner just bled unforced errors at the wrong times. I'd heard so much about Sinner's mental toughness and his drive to win, but this was not an impressive performance. I still have hopes for his future, but I hope this bad loss doesn't hurt his progress.

by Anonymousreply 93April 4, 2021 6:57 PM

Sinner impressed on his way to the final especially surviving against RBA. Today he was very nervous and didn't handle the wind well. He's only 19

Hurkacz' forehand is still quite attackable but he deserves his win. He beat some great players this week.

by Anonymousreply 94April 4, 2021 7:02 PM

Hurckacz has been one of my favorite players for a couple of years now. Someone in the last thread said HH is the only one without a chance of taking the championship. Never count him out.

by Anonymousreply 95April 4, 2021 7:06 PM

Hurkacz*

by Anonymousreply 96April 4, 2021 7:12 PM

'Hubie' seems like a genuinely nice guy. Always nice to see them come through.

by Anonymousreply 97April 4, 2021 7:16 PM

Has Hurkacz ever talked about his government because Swiatek avoided to say anything.

Right now hungarians and polish really have a problem because given an oppinion that will be normal in other european countries could lead to a big backlash on theirs (and i'm not talking about social media backlash)

by Anonymousreply 98April 4, 2021 7:19 PM

I am happy Hubert won. He is cute.

by Anonymousreply 99April 4, 2021 7:48 PM

R98 only the political opinions of American players are investigated.

by Anonymousreply 100April 4, 2021 7:52 PM

R100 Not at all, in fact americans give political opinions all the time

by Anonymousreply 101April 4, 2021 7:55 PM

I do think it's important to know where these people stand politically before deciding whether to support them

It's easier in the US to be outspoken though. Is there freedom of speech in Poland?

by Anonymousreply 102April 4, 2021 7:55 PM

R102 Of course not, but there's a reason i said it. Swiatek was questioned about it and she said she was not ready to give an opinion. She is a smart girl.

And Poland is a country right now where an historian can get in trouble only because he/she studied the collaborations with nazis on the polish population during the invassion of the country

by Anonymousreply 103April 4, 2021 8:02 PM

Less and less, r102.

by Anonymousreply 104April 4, 2021 8:03 PM

R102 You may as well not watch tennis because most of these people are conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 105April 4, 2021 8:10 PM

R105 But there are conservatives and conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 106April 4, 2021 8:12 PM

Hurcacz was solid, solid, solid. He moves and defends amazingly well for a big guy. Totally deserved the win. Sinner will be a force I hope and expect.

by Anonymousreply 107April 4, 2021 9:00 PM

[quote]ou may as well not watch tennis because most of these people are conservatives.

...and poorly educated, hence conservative...

by Anonymousreply 108April 5, 2021 2:19 AM

[quote] Gael Monfils is engaged to Elina Svitolina

G.E.M.S.Death

by Anonymousreply 109April 5, 2021 3:09 AM

did he have a face lift? anyone watch the video? his mouth is kinda lopsided

by Anonymousreply 110April 5, 2021 3:46 AM

You must be fun at weddings, R109.

by Anonymousreply 111April 5, 2021 5:15 AM

Who, R110? What video?

by Anonymousreply 112April 5, 2021 5:17 AM

and Nadal's back is magically better! He's all ready to go for Monte Carlo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 6, 2021 3:57 AM

Nadal is doing everything he can to ensure he gets #21 at Roland Garros this year, and I think he's going to get it.

by Anonymousreply 114April 6, 2021 5:12 AM

I adore Rafa.

by Anonymousreply 115April 6, 2021 5:15 AM

Spaniard boy Nadal ain't get nothin' hussies. I say it's Nole's Open, Novax be damned!

by Anonymousreply 116April 6, 2021 10:12 AM

Spaniard boy Nadal ain't get nothin' hussies. I say it's Nole's Open, Novax be damned!

by Anonymousreply 117April 6, 2021 10:12 AM

PEDal is going to keep winning Roland Garros until 2035 despite his mysterious back and knee injuries that somehow magically heal just when the clay season is about to start.

by Anonymousreply 118April 6, 2021 10:25 AM

Don't miss this, gurls. Some lovely shots from Miami of DL faves Lil Diego, Titsy, FAA, Shapo, etc.

And Tommy Paul, who needs to sit on my face STAT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 6, 2021 10:52 AM

i can't wait until nadal hits 40, 45, 50 years old and MIRACULOUSLY is outlasting guys young enough to be his sons (and soon after that his grandsons), on slow red clay, 3 out of 5 sets, 7 matches in 2 weeks time!....

AND NO ONE QUESTIONS any of this even now??...

is the ATP doing random drug testing now/still? do they test for PED or EPO?....

by Anonymousreply 120April 6, 2021 1:24 PM

It's Feli Vs Alcaraz in the Round of 16 in Marbella . That's going to be some real Hot Daddy action on court. I may need to retire to my fainting couch for this match.

by Anonymousreply 121April 6, 2021 1:40 PM

gee. probably not testing in the covid times.

by Anonymousreply 122April 6, 2021 2:42 PM

Nadal does often get injuries that always heal before the clay season starts. Obviously he does everything he can to be ready but it seems fishy. Or these injuries arent that bad at all but he knows he can only play really well on the clay now.

by Anonymousreply 123April 6, 2021 4:23 PM

Roland Garros might be delayed again due to coronavirus surge in France, per BBC.

by Anonymousreply 124April 6, 2021 5:14 PM

It will be interesting to hear what the pundits have to say if Nadal hits #21 at Roland Garros this year. I still think Federer's overall resume is better than Nadal's in key aspects. Federer has many more weeks at #1 and has at least 5 apiece at three out of the four Slams. Federer has also won the Year End Championships six times. Nadal is below Jimmy Conners in weeks at #1. Nadal's Slam resume is heavily weighted at RG (13 of his 20 Slams were won there), and he only has two Wimbledon wins and one Australian. Nadal has never won the YEC and has only made the finals there twice, losing to Federer and Djokovic.

Nadal does have more Masters 1000 titles than Federer (36 to 28), but 26 of the 36 were on clay, so 10 on hard court. Federer only won 5 on clay. Nadal does have the advantage in the head-to-head match-up 24-16. Since 2015, Federer has won 7 of their last 8 (really 6 of last 7, though because one was a walkover).

But Masters 1000 titles don't play as large a role in the GOAT debate, although personally I don't put much stock in that debate. First, I think GOTE (Greatest of Their Era) makes more sense than GOAT (Greatest of All Time). But even then, Nadal, Federer and Djokovic are all pretty close to equal.

I think if Djokovic can tie or get the most Slams, he'd be considered GOAT by the pundits, especially if he can add another RG title and US Open title. Time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 125April 6, 2021 5:46 PM

Fuck. I can't deal with this no mo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 6, 2021 10:10 PM

[quote] but he knows he can only play really well on the clay now.

Is he clay specialist?

by Anonymousreply 127April 6, 2021 11:56 PM

Charleston early round winners today:

Gauff def. Pironkova 6-3 6-0

Jabeur def. Trevisan 6-2 6-2

Stephens def. X. Wang 6-2 6-4

Sevastova def. Potopova 6-3 6-3

Rogers def. Mladenovic 6-4 6-3

Fernandez def. Zhang 6-3 6-1

Kvitova def. Sanders 7-6(4) 6-2

Muguruza def. Frech 6-1 6-3

Bogota:

biggest result Errani upsets #2 seed Sorribes Tormo 7-5 7-5

by Anonymousreply 128April 7, 2021 2:57 AM

haha the grunts in action

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 7, 2021 3:00 AM

On court against PCB in Marbella,yet another player from the Spanish Conveyor Belt Of Hotties: Mario Viella Martinez. He's now a few ponds meatier than here, and sporting a buzzcut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 7, 2021 4:28 PM

Musetti and Rune got wc for Monte Carlo

by Anonymousreply 131April 7, 2021 7:47 PM

Oh I hope Musetti draws Nadal in the first round. Love Musetti's game and sick of Nadal getting easy early rounds

by Anonymousreply 132April 7, 2021 7:53 PM

R132 Musetti is not even close of being a threat to Nadal, and generally Rafa crushes rivals with a one hand backhand.

In a year or two it'll be a different story

by Anonymousreply 133April 7, 2021 8:07 PM

Bianca looks AMAZING!

Suck it hard, haters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134April 7, 2021 8:08 PM

They got wild card.

by Anonymousreply 135April 7, 2021 8:23 PM

I luvs me sum Musetti.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 7, 2021 9:14 PM

R115 Ditto, I love Rafa.

by Anonymousreply 137April 7, 2021 10:56 PM

Charleston results today:

Rogers upsets Anisimova 1-6 7-5 6-4 Anisimova served for the match at 5-4

Stephens upsets defending champ Keys 6-4 6-4

Barty def. Doi 6-2 6-1

Cornet upsets Mertens 7-5 6-3

Gauff def. Samsonova 4-6 6-1 6-4

Davis upsets Kenin 4-6 6-3 6-4Badosa upsets Bencic 6-2 6(2)-7 6-1

by Anonymousreply 138April 8, 2021 6:36 AM

[quote]Fuck. I can't deal with this no mo!

Well, it's been postponed by 1 week. Which means the grass season will start during the second week of the French Open

In other news, uncle Toni Nadal will join Félix Auger-Aliassime's team for the clay-court season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 8, 2021 12:54 PM

I think it's a good idea. Felix needs changes on his team and tío Toni should try to prove that he can be a good trainer without his nephew.

And italians should stop praising Sinner, so many comparissions with Djokovic are getting ridiculous and they are not doing any favours to Jannik

by Anonymousreply 140April 8, 2021 3:03 PM

Also, I adore Felix.

by Anonymousreply 141April 8, 2021 4:29 PM

I wonder how the dynamics will play out should Felix play Rafa.

by Anonymousreply 142April 8, 2021 4:30 PM

Toni Nadal said "If Felix gets to face Rafa, I won't be in any of the boxes. I'm still the director of his academy, I'm still his uncle and I still work for him"

by Anonymousreply 143April 8, 2021 4:48 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 8, 2021 5:37 PM

lol right wing psycho they would be deplorables if they were American

Federer may have verbally gone at Djokovic during a match. He never attacked them that's an absurd claim

by Anonymousreply 145April 8, 2021 5:55 PM

[quote]Srdjan also told the Serbian TV channel that his son is a 'great champion the world will never see again'.

Thanks, I'm good with that.

by Anonymousreply 146April 8, 2021 6:07 PM

R144 Nole daddy is ridiculous and his obsession with Federer is pathetic.

The worst part is that he doesn't care for his son enough to shut his mouth

by Anonymousreply 147April 8, 2021 6:20 PM

It seems mental illness is often hereditary.

by Anonymousreply 148April 8, 2021 6:39 PM

Talented teens Musetti and Alcaraz both won their matches today, defeating Dan Evans & Feli Lopez respectively

by Anonymousreply 149April 8, 2021 6:39 PM

Dan Evans is injured.

by Anonymousreply 150April 8, 2021 6:50 PM

I hope this crop of promising younger players like Sinner and Musetti actually start winning. I was really disappointed in Sinner in the Miami final. He didn't play very well. I had high hopes for him after last fall's French Open. Nadal beat him handily, but I still felt like Sinner kept trying. Even Djokovic rolled over like a bitch for Nadal at that tournament and just gave up.

by Anonymousreply 151April 8, 2021 6:52 PM

Musetti had some harsh words for Evans at the end of the match

R151 Sinner seems at the verge of breaking as a top player, but sometimes that's not that easy (as Felix can say).

Musetti and Alcaraz are too new in the circuit to expect big things from them just now.

And i really lilke Dominick Stricker, maybe he is simply starting but has a lot of potential

by Anonymousreply 152April 8, 2021 6:57 PM

[quote] Musetti had some harsh words for Evans at the end of the match

What happened?

by Anonymousreply 153April 8, 2021 7:30 PM

R153 Well, nothing new, Evans protested some points, celebrated unforced errors, things like that.

But Musetti is not Sinner or Alcaraz, he doesn't hesitate to say what he is thinking

by Anonymousreply 154April 8, 2021 7:39 PM

Thanks, R154.

by Anonymousreply 155April 8, 2021 7:42 PM

Evans reminds me of a giant earwig on the court, unpleasant in all aspects.

by Anonymousreply 156April 8, 2021 7:44 PM

kvitova loses to a nobody....

muguruza loses after getting injured and has to default after leading and winning easily....

kenin loses to davis who just lost to coco in straights...

by Anonymousreply 157April 8, 2021 7:52 PM

...and in Bogotá only one top-100 player reached the quarterfinals (#93 Zidansek)

by Anonymousreply 158April 8, 2021 7:56 PM

have we discussed the Gatto Monticone-Sharma debacle in Bogotà?

The umpire forgot the scoreline. Instead of 0-40 he decided it was 30-15.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 8, 2021 7:58 PM

And the worst part is they ended blaming her for not being focused on the score.

Some people have no shame

by Anonymousreply 160April 8, 2021 8:40 PM

It isn't hard to see where Novaxx gets his victim complex from

by Anonymousreply 161April 8, 2021 8:47 PM

3 matches in a row for Stephens now . 6-3 6-4 over Tomljanovic

by Anonymousreply 162April 8, 2021 10:11 PM

So are they not showing Sardegna on TC?

Every time I turn it on it's fish in Charleston.

by Anonymousreply 163April 8, 2021 10:15 PM

My name is Turnbull, emphasis on the “bull”.

by Anonymousreply 164April 9, 2021 5:02 AM

R164, the same TurnBULL who is always naked in bed with Court, whispering sweet psalms from the Bible in each other's ears?

by Anonymousreply 165April 9, 2021 5:41 AM

I do not think TC is showing Sardegna or Marbella. Just the Charleston tournament all the time.

by Anonymousreply 166April 9, 2021 2:12 PM

Pity.

by Anonymousreply 167April 9, 2021 2:19 PM

Lovely Matteo has a blond brother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 9, 2021 4:26 PM

Thanks R168, the lovely gene certainly runs in the family in brown or blond.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 9, 2021 4:58 PM

I think that's Jacopo, number 528 of the world

by Anonymousreply 170April 9, 2021 5:23 PM

Nole's draw at Monte Carlo was made by his worst enemy

by Anonymousreply 171April 9, 2021 5:44 PM

According to his father that's pretty much everyone in the Western world.

by Anonymousreply 172April 9, 2021 6:16 PM

ATP semifinals

Marbella

Carreno vs Ramos

Alcaraz-Munar

Cagliari

Djere-Basilashvili

Sonego-Fritz

by Anonymousreply 173April 9, 2021 9:45 PM

Djere beat Musetti in 3 I think. I would have loved to see that match.

by Anonymousreply 174April 9, 2021 9:48 PM

$14.99 a month, R174, including replays...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175April 9, 2021 9:59 PM

^ wow, thx

by Anonymousreply 176April 9, 2021 10:01 PM

The Monte Carlo draw is quite interesting

I hope Sinner defeats Ramos-Vinolas because then he'd get Djokovic and Sinner isn't the guy you want to start your clay campaign with

Evans vs. Lajovic battle of shotmakers with the winner getting Miami champ Hurkacz

A. Zverev could have trouble as he'll open against Fucsovics or Sonego

Musetti vs. Karatsev is quite unlucky for both and the winner gets Tsitsipas

Garin vs. FAA is another brutal first rounder

The Berrettini-Monfils-de Minaur-Davidovich Fokina section is the most unpredictable

Nadal has not surprisingly an easy opener but I'll be interested to see if he and Rublev do end up meeting in the QF

It was bound to happen! Ruud vs. Rune lol

take a look at this oddball cranky section-Medvedev-Fognini-Paire-Basilashvili

I'm surprised the qualies draw isn't stronger. A few good clay courters there but mostly scrubs. LMFAO @ M. Zverev and Tomic getting WCs! They both suck on clay and haven't shown any kind of form justifying the gift

by Anonymousreply 177April 9, 2021 10:17 PM

[quote]take a look at this oddball cranky section-Medvedev-Fognini-Paire - -Basilashvili

lol

great description

by Anonymousreply 178April 9, 2021 10:19 PM

wow Charleston had such a great field and now the final 4 are Badosa vs. Kudermetova and Jabeur vs. Kovinic. None of them have ever won a title

Jabeur is the favorite now but who knows what's going to happen

by Anonymousreply 179April 10, 2021 7:40 AM

WTF? Sloaney lost again?

by Anonymousreply 180April 10, 2021 7:42 AM

Barty should be stripped of her top ranking. She is an embarrassment and undeserving of the top spot. Right now Naomi or Serena are far more deserving of the top two spots. Borety should be no higher than maybe number 13.

by Anonymousreply 181April 10, 2021 7:48 AM

R180 Kudermetova played well but Sloane wasn't using the best tactics. She didn't take advantage when Kudermetova went far behind the baseline. Sloane can volley so I'm not sure why she didn't try to come in with some putaways.

R181 I agree Barty isn't that impressive but I think today she was tired from her run in Miami. Badosa was solid but nothing spectacular.

Both Barty and Stephens had chances to get back on serve numerous times in both sets but just didn't have it.

by Anonymousreply 182April 10, 2021 9:00 AM

Carlos Alcaraz became the first 17 y o reaching a semifinal on an atp tournament since Sascha Zverev in 2014

And i disagree about Barty, she is the player with more variety on the circuit, she has a lot of tricks, her forehand is great and she has an amazing serve for such short player. The problem is she is not ambitious at all, she likes to play and it's perfectly happy winning or losing, she lacks killer instinct.

Badosa is pretty good, for some reason she never reached her potential

by Anonymousreply 183April 10, 2021 9:43 AM

I also think Barty is very talented. Her slice BH is a great shot, hard and low, and she has a wonderful net game and serve. And she's a great mover. She simply had TMG for Andreescu in Miami.

by Anonymousreply 184April 10, 2021 11:22 AM

Eugenie Bouchard got the vax

by Anonymousreply 185April 10, 2021 12:31 PM

Paulabadosa. her name is kind of a run on

by Anonymousreply 186April 10, 2021 1:47 PM

Sonego vs Djere is the Cagliari final

by Anonymousreply 187April 10, 2021 2:11 PM

Carreno dragged to decisive tie break by Ramos. But he wins

by Anonymousreply 188April 10, 2021 3:10 PM

r181 Serena deserving of a top 2 spot? Now that's hysterical LOL

by Anonymousreply 189April 10, 2021 3:17 PM

I want PCB's big dick so bad.

by Anonymousreply 190April 10, 2021 3:18 PM

I want to eat Djere's ass. NOW.

by Anonymousreply 191April 10, 2021 4:23 PM

I'm so bored of the Charleston tournament. I'd love to watch the Monte Carlo tournament.

by Anonymousreply 192April 10, 2021 4:25 PM

Tomic def Herbert in Montecarlo qualy

by Anonymousreply 193April 10, 2021 9:02 PM

^ wow that's a surprise

by Anonymousreply 194April 10, 2021 9:05 PM

Charleston final will be Kovinic vs. Kudermetova

Marbella final will be PCB vs. Munar

Bogota final will be Zidansek vs. Osorio Serrano

by Anonymousreply 195April 10, 2021 9:12 PM

Who is Osorio Serrano?

by Anonymousreply 196April 10, 2021 9:17 PM

More terrible finals!

Fuck you COVID!

by Anonymousreply 197April 10, 2021 9:18 PM

[quote] Who is Osorio Serrano?

María Camila Osorio Serrano (Spanish pronunciation: [maɾja kaˈmila oˈsoɾjo seˈrano];[a] born 22 December 2001) is a Colombian tennis player. She is the winner of the girl's singles title at the 2019 US Open.

On the ITF Junior Circuit, Osorio has a career-high ranking of number one, achieved in September 2019.

She has won three singles titles on the ITF Women's Circuit. On 11 November 2019, she reached her best singles ranking of world No. 184. On 8 March 2021, she peaked at No. 487 in the doubles rankings.

Playing for Colombia in the Fed Cup, Osorio has a win/loss record of 12–7.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198April 10, 2021 9:19 PM

Good for her. I'd seriously like to see some new talent from Latin America. Another Guga, male or female!

by Anonymousreply 199April 10, 2021 9:20 PM

What happened to Gugu? He was a closet case, wasn't he? I could never stand him. He came across as a complete phony.

by Anonymousreply 200April 10, 2021 9:56 PM

I thought he was sweet and kinda cute and he had a sweet game esp on clay.

by Anonymousreply 201April 10, 2021 9:58 PM

r200 Guga a phony? Please. He was one of the most respected and beloved players on the tour. 100% class act.

by Anonymousreply 202April 10, 2021 11:00 PM

Love Guga.

by Anonymousreply 203April 10, 2021 11:38 PM

Why was Guga a closet case? Because he used to bleach his long wavy hair (and still get highlights obviously)? Or do we have something a little more substantial to back up that claim? The only phony in the story is Djokovic who asked Guga's permission to draw a huge heart on the clay of Court Chatrier when he won his only French Open title back in 2016. Just in case fans didn't get the message when he was pushing boobs that he loves us. All of us. So inclusive, Nole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204April 11, 2021 9:02 AM

Guga's cheerfulness and friendliness seemed too calculated, too desperate, too try-hard. Too much mugging for the cameras and that business with drawing the heart on the clay was cringeworthy, cloying and something only a 12-year-old fangirl would find adorable.

by Anonymousreply 205April 11, 2021 9:32 AM

R205 That's because you are a cold person.

Sorry, but latinos are warm. They do0n't need to calculate to be friendly because they are friendly.

Guga was not a rich kid, he had a lot of trouble to find success, his father died very young and he has a brother with a disability. He didn't need to be a phony to be likeable

by Anonymousreply 206April 11, 2021 10:21 AM

R205 gets up every morning looking for who peed in her porridge.

DL has a gaggle sour old biddies, so not surprising to find one or two on the tennis threads.

by Anonymousreply 207April 11, 2021 10:59 AM

Why I love Djere and want him to win today’s final.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 11, 2021 12:55 PM

I hate joy.

by Anonymousreply 209April 11, 2021 1:29 PM

Laslo Djere lost both his parents to colon cancer. Boy had better not skip on the colonoscopist appointments for screening.

by Anonymousreply 210April 11, 2021 1:45 PM

How do you test colon cancer? Does someone have to put fingers in his ass?

by Anonymousreply 211April 11, 2021 1:47 PM

[quote] Does someone have to put fingers in his ass?

Well not “have to” but it preferred.

by Anonymousreply 212April 11, 2021 2:29 PM

Song wins Cagliari. Carreno wins Marbella. Both matches ended with a 6-4 third set

by Anonymousreply 213April 11, 2021 2:32 PM

Song? Is that Sonego's nickname?

Young Grigor is ready for Uncle Jim's prostate exam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214April 11, 2021 2:40 PM

That song at the closing ceremony was the most uncomfortable I've ever felt.

by Anonymousreply 215April 11, 2021 2:44 PM

that's the autocorrect

by Anonymousreply 216April 11, 2021 3:05 PM

I was also rooting for Djere, who at least didn't have to deal with a stadium fully packed with Italians. Playing against an Italian in Italy is always unpleasant for the Italian's opponent. After Borg won over Panatta in five sets at the '78 Italian Open, he never returned to Foro Italico because he was so disgusted with the crowds, the atmosphere and the corruption of the officials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217April 11, 2021 3:20 PM

Guga wasn't all sweetness and light all the time. For a while around the time that he hit #1 and cut off all his hair, he seemed somber and even sulky on court sometimes. It seemed like all the pressure was getting to be too much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 11, 2021 4:08 PM

Thompson-Paire was, well, very WTA

by Anonymousreply 219April 11, 2021 4:24 PM

[quote] Thompson-Paire was, well, very WTA

Compelling?

by Anonymousreply 220April 11, 2021 4:25 PM

Are Ben and Courtney the same person?

by Anonymousreply 221April 11, 2021 4:32 PM

R218 Nobody is flowers and rainbows all the time. You know, everybody has lights and shadows but Guga was a very likeable guy

Paire is going to live to regret everything he is doing. Once the ranking goes back to normal he is going to drop like a stone and without those first round checks life is not going to be that easy

by Anonymousreply 222April 11, 2021 6:33 PM

I completely agree, R222. Guga is one of my all-time favorites. I posted that as a counterpoint to R205's opinion that Kuerten's smile and good cheer were fake. To me he seemed to be genuine and spontaneous even when that meant a rare tantrum. The rest of the time he's brought a smile to everyone.....well, almost everyone.

by Anonymousreply 223April 11, 2021 7:03 PM

Kudermetova def. Kovinic to win Charleston 6-4 6-2 Veronika has some real game and I think she'll be a factor the rest of the year. Earlier in the season she reached the Dubai final losing to Sabalenka

Osorio Serrano def. Zidansek 5-7 6-3 6-4 to win in Bogota

by Anonymousreply 224April 11, 2021 7:41 PM

Tommy Paul in Monte Carlo (Kyrgios called him 'sexy boy' in the comments)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225April 11, 2021 9:21 PM

dear god he's dreamy

by Anonymousreply 226April 11, 2021 9:24 PM

Sit on my Face!

by Anonymousreply 227April 11, 2021 11:07 PM

R225 Bruce Weber also commented. Wouldn't mind seeing Bruce do a few nude portraits of Tommy.

by Anonymousreply 228April 11, 2021 11:46 PM

I don't think he's anything special.

by Anonymousreply 229April 12, 2021 12:19 AM

Did you see that everything fake bimbo he's with?...not impressed. 100% straight for sure

by Anonymousreply 230April 12, 2021 12:19 AM

Nick K is bisexual

by Anonymousreply 231April 12, 2021 2:57 AM

Nick Kyrgios is disgusting, whatever his orientation. He deserves an inordinately large grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 232April 12, 2021 4:34 AM

Don't you dare listen to R227, Tommy. Daddy Cames is mine and I will cut you if you go anywhere near him.

by Anonymousreply 233April 12, 2021 6:21 AM

Lleyton Hewitt's son wins Australian tournament

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234April 12, 2021 7:25 AM

Musetti's new kit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235April 12, 2021 10:54 AM

R231Kyrgios' gf is currently liking comments that say he's gay and he's been with men.

by Anonymousreply 236April 12, 2021 11:46 AM

Where did Cruz Hewitt's teeth come from?

by Anonymousreply 237April 12, 2021 12:06 PM

didn't know Tommy Paul could afford such a nice play and stay in Monaco?....

by Anonymousreply 238April 12, 2021 12:32 PM

Current or ex-gf, R236?

by Anonymousreply 239April 12, 2021 12:49 PM

R238, the ATP website says his residence is Florida but lots of players are resident in Monaco for tax purposes - I may be wrong but I believe you have to live there at least 3 months of the year so it's possible he's visiting another player? This is just speculation.

by Anonymousreply 240April 12, 2021 1:01 PM

Tommy's playing the Monte Carlo tournament, it's probably his hotel/appartment for the week

[quote]Current or ex-gf?

They break up all the time but then get back together

by Anonymousreply 241April 12, 2021 1:06 PM

I heard Hewitt has a 9-10 inches dick.

by Anonymousreply 242April 12, 2021 2:30 PM

Muah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243April 12, 2021 2:33 PM

Aslan 🦁 team or Musetteami?

by Anonymousreply 244April 12, 2021 2:39 PM

Musetti out , please

by Anonymousreply 245April 12, 2021 2:55 PM

Musetti should invest in getting that nasty mole removed

by Anonymousreply 246April 12, 2021 2:58 PM

He's purdy even with that mole.

by Anonymousreply 247April 12, 2021 4:18 PM

Adidas kits with the grey potato sack polyester Star Trek shirts and the shapeless black shorts are about as unflattering as it gets.

by Anonymousreply 248April 12, 2021 4:27 PM

R246 You are a bit obsessed, it's the third comment about it

by Anonymousreply 249April 12, 2021 7:27 PM

Kyrgios is out of Roland Garros and won't play any tournament on clay.

At least he is not complainning every week about how hard is playing without a crowd and the only good thing is the check for losing in first round like Paire

by Anonymousreply 250April 12, 2021 7:58 PM

shame about the rain in Monte Carlo

I want to see the rest of Garin vs. FAA

by Anonymousreply 251April 12, 2021 8:19 PM

Clay should be an opportunity for Felix to raise his level.

He is been around top 20 for two years, it's time to reach new highs

by Anonymousreply 252April 12, 2021 8:21 PM

So am I the only one who thinks Karatsev is doping?

by Anonymousreply 253April 12, 2021 9:37 PM

Nope, it seems awfully suspect to suddenly skyrocket in his late 20s from pretty much nowhere. Karatsev had never made it into the top 100 until a couple of months ago. Seems like he realized that without PEDs, he'd never make it out of ATP obscurity.

by Anonymousreply 254April 12, 2021 9:47 PM

I think you can safely assume that if they're Russian, they're doping, especially since it's the land of state-sponsored doping. Cheaters all of them.

by Anonymousreply 255April 12, 2021 9:58 PM

R253, the power behind his shots is a huge giveaway.

by Anonymousreply 256April 12, 2021 10:13 PM

[quote] I think you can safely assume that if they're Russian, they're doping, especially since it's the land of state-sponsored doping. Cheaters all of them.

Some of them have heart conditions.

by Anonymousreply 257April 12, 2021 10:13 PM

R252, the convoluted post-COVID ranking system really skews players' results and standings based solely on performance in 2020 and 2021. If 2019 results were to be eliminated from the rankings breakdown, FAA would be not far at all from the top 10.

by Anonymousreply 258April 12, 2021 10:51 PM

DL faves FAA and Garin back on court and the sun is out! Woot!

Some good-lookin' gams out there!

by Anonymousreply 259April 13, 2021 11:00 AM

AND Felix fold like card table after having 5-2 in first set.

Carajo!

by Anonymousreply 260April 13, 2021 12:16 PM

Med is out with Covid-19. Who was his doubles partner?

by Anonymousreply 261April 13, 2021 1:54 PM

R261 Marcelo Demoliner

by Anonymousreply 262April 13, 2021 2:11 PM

R258 Not true.

Aliassime is still getting half of the points of his 2019 (including Miami semis), without his 2019 he will probably be lower in the ranking than he is right now.

Pretty bad loss against Garin today. Cristian is a good player but he is the kind of player Felix needs to defeat if he wants to be something more than a top 20 (specially now that there are younger players making noise)

by Anonymousreply 263April 13, 2021 2:15 PM

Tsitsipas doesn't have much problem defeating Karatsev.

The rising of Karatsev is not that suspicious. He played pretty well last year and it's not that unusual that a nobody has a bunch of very good months of playing. He won a title and reach the Australian semifinals.

His style it will make him lose a lot of matches when he is not in top form, but it's pretty effective when he is fit and confident

by Anonymousreply 264April 13, 2021 2:17 PM

Ruud was not on the mood to lose to another teenager this week and he defeated Holger Rune 62 61

by Anonymousreply 265April 13, 2021 2:30 PM

Tennis Channel just interviewed Young Grigor, and they discussed how he is no longer all that young with all the up-and-coming players.

by Anonymousreply 266April 13, 2021 2:31 PM

Davidovich Fokina has never missed legs day in his entire life. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 267April 13, 2021 2:44 PM

Yeah. And his face is lovely. How did we not notice him before?

by Anonymousreply 268April 13, 2021 3:46 PM

So many hotties on display in Monte Carlo this afternoon. Stefano Travaglia (playing PCB) appears to be maturing into is looks very nicely. He'd never been on my radar before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269April 13, 2021 4:11 PM

Lovely Hurkacz sits through empty press conference, answers fan questions on twitter instead.

He's adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270April 13, 2021 7:16 PM

Pathetic

by Anonymousreply 271April 13, 2021 7:30 PM

why isn't Nadal being isolated after practicing with Medvedev? He didn't test positive YET but how do we know he won't in a few days? I'm not sure he should be playing the tournament

I wonder if Medvedev was outside the tennis bubble recently?

by Anonymousreply 272April 13, 2021 7:32 PM

They wont touch him, jesus.

by Anonymousreply 273April 13, 2021 7:56 PM

Well, it seems there was some drama in the Carreño/Travaglia, and Tsitsipas insulted the umpire

by Anonymousreply 274April 13, 2021 8:09 PM

Titsy told the umpire "Go back to futures. That's where you belong."

by Anonymousreply 275April 13, 2021 8:16 PM

That's where his brother belongs.

by Anonymousreply 276April 13, 2021 8:18 PM

What happened with Carreno Busta and Travaglia?

by Anonymousreply 277April 13, 2021 8:52 PM

Travaglia said Carreño's coach molested him during play making noise. Carreño said Travaglia's girlfriend did exactly the same, and Travaglia got upset at the mention of his girlfriend

by Anonymousreply 278April 13, 2021 8:57 PM

They were going at it (verbally) at the net. Totally ignoring the Umpire for about 3 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 279April 13, 2021 9:04 PM

Does anyone know what Travaglia and PCB were arguing about in the 2nd set? I only miss commentators during those moments. Lol

by Anonymousreply 280April 13, 2021 9:13 PM

Oh shit! The thread wouldn’t update for me. Never mind!

by Anonymousreply 281April 13, 2021 9:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282April 13, 2021 9:42 PM

R263, if 2019 results are discounted entirely and 2020/2021 events are evenly aggregated from ATP 250-1000 tournaments, then we'd have the following rankings:

1. Djokovic

2. Medvedev

3. Thiem

4. Rublev

5. Zverev

6. Nadal

7. Tsitsipas

8. Schwartzman

9. Raonic

10. PCB

11. Sinner

12. Hurkacz

13. FAA

14. RBA

15. Shapovalov

16. Garin

17. Dimitrov

18. Ruud

19. Coric

20. Karatsev

by Anonymousreply 283April 14, 2021 2:36 AM

not sure why it's sped up but here's a video of PCB and Travaglia going at each other

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284April 14, 2021 2:44 AM

Davidovich Fokina is yummy. And try saying Alejandro Davidovich Fokina - that’s a mouthful.

by Anonymousreply 285April 14, 2021 3:20 AM

Maybe going forward he can be ADF? Like PCB or RBA...

by Anonymousreply 286April 14, 2021 3:21 AM

In some pics ADF looks like Niall Horan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287April 14, 2021 3:23 AM

Mario Vilella Martinez is quite palatable among upcoming Spanish mouthfuls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288April 14, 2021 4:31 AM

Well, Alejandro describes himself as cabra loca (crazy goat) which is a typical spnaish term for someone cray cray. Maybe are the russian genes.

His game is crazy too but if he is able to restrain his temper he could have a great career. His game is very entertainning.

I expected Sinner to give Nole way more trouble, but he is not there yet. And even he doesn't show some of Felix problems, the truth is he has a lot of trouble when he serves for match or set, and he needs to correct that as soon as possible

by Anonymousreply 289April 14, 2021 12:18 PM

Only Rafa could make his purple/pink combo work...

by Anonymousreply 290April 14, 2021 12:35 PM

IS it me or does Rafa look bulkier, beefier right now in his match against delbonis ( who himself has big dick energy)?...

i guess all that time off from his "cough cough" injuries has helped alot! not to mention some "cough cough" supplements?...

by Anonymousreply 291April 14, 2021 12:44 PM

P.E.D.S. Life

by Anonymousreply 292April 14, 2021 12:52 PM

So sad to see Hurkacz losing to Verne Troyer...

by Anonymousreply 293April 14, 2021 1:00 PM

There's something wrong with Hurkacz. Like he's got food poisoning or something.

by Anonymousreply 294April 14, 2021 1:01 PM

R270 Journalists are pathetic, he came from winning a masters 1000 and they have nothing to ask him. Some of them probably only know the name of the big 3

by Anonymousreply 295April 14, 2021 1:01 PM

R294, he keeps clutching his stomach in agony. I thought it was from the distaste of playing against Evans.

by Anonymousreply 296April 14, 2021 1:06 PM

And poor Pop poops out to protuberant Pouille 5-7, 6-2, 3-6.

by Anonymousreply 297April 14, 2021 1:12 PM

R295 Tennis journalists on twitter have gone on the defensive and said it was a remote conference and the journalists who'd requested to ask him questions had technical difficulties so couldn't get in in time.

I think it was pretty shitty of tennis tv to frame it like he's some unknown and laugh at him.

Sadly Hurkacz is looking as pale as Caspar the Friendly Ghost out there right now.

by Anonymousreply 298April 14, 2021 1:12 PM

Sinner is still very very green (not as green as Musetti or Alcaraz but very far from a solid top player yet). And he has a problem when he serves to stay on set, match or for winning the set or match, it doesn't seem as problematic as Felix lack of confidence on finals, but he should solve it as soon as possible or his chances of winning against Nole and Rafa are close to zero..

Evans has a nice, it's a pity he has such annoying personality

by Anonymousreply 299April 14, 2021 1:15 PM

Kyrgios withdraws from French in order to train at the Bernard Tomic School of Shot Taking. As he moves further away from the net on every surface, he wants to work on his backhanded insults, Tweet work, and his overheard smashes.

by Anonymousreply 300April 14, 2021 1:31 PM

R295... don't forget that very very experienced, qualified, educated "journalist" prakash amritraj!..

by Anonymousreply 301April 14, 2021 1:31 PM

R299, I hope that this year FAA and Sinner get over their yips, make their way into the top 10, and start giving the top 5 some serious competition.

Meanwhile Nadal is wiping the dirt floor with Delbonis.

by Anonymousreply 302April 14, 2021 1:33 PM

Sinner is progressing at a good rhythm but now it starts the difficult part of the process.

Felix needs a psychologist, his level on his finals drop significatively and that's a huge problem. I think Felix rise to top 20 was too fast for his own good. He has the weapons but he lost the fire he had when he reached the top 100 for the first time.

And Rune needs to establish himself as a good player on challengers before getting more wc. I know he has potential and he is the second best 17 year old player right now, but he is ages behind Alcaraz, and Carlos won three challengers last year.

It's obvious Rune is too good to waste his time on futures, but needs to build his game on challengers or he will be the new Donald Young

by Anonymousreply 303April 14, 2021 1:37 PM

[quote] Evans has a nice, it's a pity he has such annoying personality

A nice game?

by Anonymousreply 304April 14, 2021 2:46 PM

R304 Yes, a nice game. He is very different of everyone.

by Anonymousreply 305April 14, 2021 5:32 PM

I think Garin has a pico bastante delicioso.

by Anonymousreply 306April 14, 2021 5:38 PM

R300, don’t give up your day job just yet.

by Anonymousreply 307April 14, 2021 9:23 PM

Rafa made it work.

Damn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308April 14, 2021 9:27 PM

Wow, everyone plays tomorrow at Monte Carlo.

Titsy/Garin

Rafa will trounce poor old Grigor

Rublev/RBA

Poohey/Alejandro

PCB/Ruud

That's some good shit!

by Anonymousreply 309April 14, 2021 10:24 PM

They need to keep testing Nadal every day due to his exposure around covid-positive Medvedev

by Anonymousreply 310April 14, 2021 10:26 PM

R308 Everything works on him. Delicious.

by Anonymousreply 311April 14, 2021 10:41 PM

Were any of you on Sinner team?

by Anonymousreply 312April 15, 2021 2:33 AM

Definitely on Sinner team, and likely on the team of any other ATP player (except for Medvedev, Sandgren, Stakhovsky, Isner, Shapovalov, Zverev) opposing Djokovic...

by Anonymousreply 313April 15, 2021 3:23 AM

I can be on Shapo team if only because he's cute, but he is so very, very dumb.

by Anonymousreply 314April 15, 2021 3:42 AM

Next year, Nadal will show up with even more muscles and a feather scarf after a couple of months off the tour...

by Anonymousreply 315April 15, 2021 6:53 AM

PEDal is the Flo Jo of tennis. Blatant PED use that gets suppressed by the authorities because they don't want their big star to be implicated.

by Anonymousreply 316April 15, 2021 9:26 AM

R315, I think he's going to transition to female and then go on to win 10 more FOs as a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317April 15, 2021 9:49 AM

R317, he’d make one ugly woman.

by Anonymousreply 318April 15, 2021 11:47 AM

Novaxx lost!!!!!!!! To Daniel Evans!!!!!! On Clay!!!! WTF!

by Anonymousreply 319April 15, 2021 1:29 PM

A good day for bookies, with GF Beater also losing to Elf.

by Anonymousreply 320April 15, 2021 1:40 PM

I woke up to Evans up 6-4. I knew then that today would be a good day. 🙏🏻

by Anonymousreply 321April 15, 2021 1:50 PM

Was Evans playing really good, Djokovic playing badly or both?

by Anonymousreply 322April 15, 2021 2:31 PM

Both, R322.

by Anonymousreply 323April 15, 2021 2:42 PM

I am disappointed that bisexual Sasha lost

by Anonymousreply 324April 15, 2021 3:00 PM

Nadal quickly disposed of Grigor. This quote made me laugh. I would change He/his for Bitch.

"Sorry for Grigor. He played a very bad match, that's the true. I did the right things but this score is his fault."

by Anonymousreply 325April 15, 2021 3:18 PM

^ lol

The match was quite a bitch-slapping by Rafa.

by Anonymousreply 326April 15, 2021 3:20 PM

R324, Zverev is a dick on and off the court. Where are you coming up with him being bisexual? He's collecting and disposing of baby mamas after teasing us with the whole bogus Melo thing.

by Anonymousreply 327April 15, 2021 3:36 PM

R327 I think it's the same fantasist who tried to convince us Kyrgios is bisexual because his girlfriend liked an instagram comment.

by Anonymousreply 328April 15, 2021 5:20 PM

R328 I was that"fantasist" and they were not my fantasies, only facts. This is a gossip site, frau.

by Anonymousreply 329April 15, 2021 6:25 PM

[quote]Nadal quickly disposed of Grigor

Apparently Young Grigor had a mouth/tooth infection that was bothering him

..and an itchy crotch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330April 15, 2021 6:30 PM

R330, gee, it's probably an STD.

by Anonymousreply 331April 15, 2021 7:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332April 15, 2021 7:50 PM

Shapo birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333April 15, 2021 8:07 PM

[quote] named after Novak Djokovic 'to acknowledge his inspiring enthusiasm and energy'

Not his sliminess?

by Anonymousreply 334April 15, 2021 8:08 PM

R334, I think we’ve found his new nickname (and it’s a perfect fit!)—His Sliminess.

You’ve just won the internet.

by Anonymousreply 335April 15, 2021 8:37 PM

GREAT day for tennis when Djokovic and Zverev lose. Just a shame Nadal is still barely breaking a sweat. Of course Rublev went 3 long sets today but I hope he can at least challenge him tomorrow

Osorio Serrano continues winning in the smaller Charleston event this week. Impressive the teen could win Bogota then fly to Charleston and keep the momentum going especially with the altitude change

by Anonymousreply 336April 15, 2021 8:49 PM

Evans was zoning. Love that slice BH. He's not pretty to look at but his tennis sure was.

Fabio/Ruud and Titsy/Alejandro are eye-candy matches for tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 337April 15, 2021 8:56 PM

There’s a lot to like about Rublev’s game but Jesus the grunt is a dealbreaker. He’s the ATP’s answer to Sorribes Tormo. It’s awful.

by Anonymousreply 338April 16, 2021 3:28 AM

Glad that Ruud won. I like him a lot. Fabio was not very inspired today... I think he will lose lots of points and might drop out of the top 25.

by Anonymousreply 339April 16, 2021 3:30 PM

Yes, Ruud has got that stoic Borg vibe going, nice to see him straight-set pasta-paunch diva Fognini.

by Anonymousreply 340April 16, 2021 3:42 PM

[quote] pasta-paunch diva Fognini.

Is his pasta drained?

by Anonymousreply 341April 16, 2021 4:03 PM

R340, more than Borg, I see Wilander. An impish Wilander, but definitely Wilander.

by Anonymousreply 342April 16, 2021 4:25 PM

Shocks-a-rama so far today. Rafa a set and a break down atm. Fog and Elf bundled out by Evo and Ruud. Had ADF not got injured I had a hunch that he would've downed Titsy.

by Anonymousreply 343April 16, 2021 4:34 PM

I’m glad the Rublev-Rafa match is over. The MARY! hysteria coming from the commentary booth on TC was too much. Rafa has lost on clay before, guys.

by Anonymousreply 344April 16, 2021 6:24 PM

I am sure that the TC is only worried about ratings. Imagine what an Evans-Ruup final would to their ratings. I also think that we might be (finally) starting to see the ending of the big 3.

by Anonymousreply 345April 16, 2021 7:33 PM

Federer and/or Nadal could both retire in the morning and be very happy with their careers and place in tennis history. Djokovic could retire in the morning with his amazing career and place in tennis history but he won't because he hasn't yet received the adoration he believes he deserves.

Note to Novak - Have you tried not being such an unlikeable cunt?

by Anonymousreply 346April 16, 2021 7:44 PM

It’s funny but Nole really is a little bitch. You can see it in the way he treats the ball kids when he doesn’t think they are properly in tune with his pace. You can tell a lot about players by the way they treat the lines people and ball kids.

by Anonymousreply 347April 16, 2021 8:09 PM

R347 Agreed. Used to actually really like him. I love his game and was so excited to see him come along to challenge Fed/Nadal but as time has gone on he's just become so insufferable.

I think the peak for me was that chat he did with Murray. A fan asked "What's the first thing you do in the morning?" Nole answered something along the lines of "I kiss my wife. Then I say a prayer of gratitude to God. Then I meditate for a while. I am so blessed. Namaste".

Murray's reply: I go for a piss.

by Anonymousreply 348April 16, 2021 8:17 PM

[quote] Murray's reply: I go for a piss.

I love Misery off court.

by Anonymousreply 349April 16, 2021 8:25 PM

I gotta say Rublev is growing on me. I love his FH and his grit. His ginge pageboy, and his humility.

Team Rublev!

by Anonymousreply 350April 16, 2021 9:10 PM

Rublev is lovely. Not the best looker but seems a really good bloke.

His cough is a bit of a concern though.

by Anonymousreply 351April 16, 2021 9:28 PM

The grunt is bad. But damn everyone has a bad grunt these days.

Who's quiet? I guess Roger always was.

by Anonymousreply 352April 16, 2021 9:30 PM

Caper looking hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353April 16, 2021 10:46 PM

Evans seemed a bit off in his match against Tsitsipas. Tsitsipas played brilliantly of course, perhaps Dan was tired or even saving himself for the doubles where he has a better chance of winning the tournament.

by Anonymousreply 354April 17, 2021 12:59 PM

Maybe he really wanted to watch Phil's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 355April 17, 2021 1:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!