Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SVU watch thread: Big Daddy Stabler is back kids

Daddy is home where he belongs

by Anonymousreply 64May 22, 2021 9:23 AM

I have to wait an hour for it to air where I live 😞

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2021 1:02 AM

daddy still looking sexy

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2021 1:04 AM

When did Demore Barnes join the SVU cast? I've liked him since that CBS show [italic]The Unit[/italic] years and years ago. Been wondering where he was all this time.

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2021 1:05 AM

Unh. He wouldn’t even have to use lube...

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2021 1:27 AM

Hubba hubba Harbor. He is one hunk

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2021 2:12 AM

I cannot wait until I can watch.

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2021 2:17 AM

I hate they killed off his ____

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2021 2:18 AM

Oh Daddy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2021 2:47 AM

The writing on this show has gone to shit. I don’t like the Latina cop. Overall it was decent though. Meloni elevated the material as best as he could.

by Anonymousreply 9April 2, 2021 3:05 AM

Only nine posts in this thread? I guess no one cares that much about Big Daddy Stabler.

by Anonymousreply 10April 2, 2021 4:07 AM

oh i care.

by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2021 4:17 AM

Good episodes tonight on the level of SVU when it was at its best. I even didn't mind that fucking Olmec Head Chazz Palminteri. Everybody's getting old all around.

by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2021 4:27 AM

R7, off -camera

Remember Alexandra Cabot?

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2021 5:05 AM

Good catch, r13. This isn’t your first time at the rodeo.

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2021 5:12 AM

Your point, r13? You think, like Cabot, Kathy’s not really dead?

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2021 5:25 AM

he looks like shit. his head is fucking huge.

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2021 7:28 AM

R15 I think that's the implication.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2021 7:30 AM

When did Liv’s voice get so deep?

by Anonymousreply 18April 2, 2021 8:42 AM

When menopause hit her like a Mack truck.

by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2021 11:17 AM

I'm sorry but I don't believe that Elliott hasn't contacted Olivia in 10 years. Makes no sense. His wife would have at least reached out considering Olivia saved her and delivered their child.

by Anonymousreply 20April 2, 2021 11:37 AM

That final scene of the SVU part of the dual episodes sucked the air out of the room. Olivia standing there waiting for him so she can talk about that letter? Sucked the air out of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 21April 2, 2021 9:09 PM

As much as I love CM , and that was the only reason I began to watch, MH owned the show and she was riveting.

by Anonymousreply 22April 2, 2021 9:12 PM

R14, you have no idea...thanks.

R15, what I think is that the writers left a door open.

We didn't see Kathy take her last breath with Elliot by her side, giving Meloni a moment to really pull out all the stops.

Later, in the episode, one of the kids (Harriet? Irene?) asked Elliot if he lied to Kathy about working for law enforcement again or if Kathy had to the kids. "Your mother never lied" (or something like that) Elliot said.

So, Elliot does lie.

Is Elliot lying now?

Plus, wasn't Isabel awfully present on social media recently for a one-shot deal. All those years that Meloni was off the show, they didn't throw her a bone or two with an episode where Liv would help out Kathy b/c Elliot was away? I keep reading what great friends they all are.

I had my Spidey sense tingle when Dylan looked away on 90210 just before his dad, Josh Taylor, blew up in a car.

At the time I thought; huh; he looked away. Hmmm. Josh came back.

Also, Veronica Mars looked away before that guy (can't think of his name) blew up in a car.

We didn't see Kathy died on screen.

I lay odds Elliot had her whisked away for safety.

And when the kids find out, they'll have varying reactions.

Btw, speaking of the kids, isn't Eli a little old for when he was born? That kid is blessed with both great hair and an awesome TV dad.

I'd be asking to rehearse all those scenes where Eli breaks down and dad gives him a hug.

Meloni's biggest appeal is not being afraid to show emotions to his loved ones while still holding onto his masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 23April 2, 2021 9:16 PM

THis will be the kids' reactions; the whiny daughter will just be so glad that Mom's alive she won't hate Elliot; the sensible older daughter will be the one to blast Elliot.

Eli just cries and cries and Elliot holds him.

Or maybe he knows.

Trick expectancy.

by Anonymousreply 24April 2, 2021 9:19 PM

He's just very secure in it, r23. I mean, really. He had no problem presenting hole on OZ!

by Anonymousreply 25April 2, 2021 9:26 PM

It's that pic where he's got his arm around his kid after a game (that the kid may have lost) that does it for me.

sigh.

by Anonymousreply 26April 2, 2021 9:32 PM

Why was Olibia even involved with this case? Who was the special victim? Shouldn’t her squad be investigating Matt Gaetz or something?

by Anonymousreply 27April 3, 2021 12:01 AM

Im sorry,but he looks like shit. I loved him for a long time,but age has hit him like a jackhammer. His show isnt going to make it either.

by Anonymousreply 28April 3, 2021 12:08 AM

They never did explain why that I recall, R27.

by Anonymousreply 29April 3, 2021 12:12 AM

Ilene Chaiken is writer/producer of the new show so we can expect a lot of hot lesbian sex.

by Anonymousreply 30April 3, 2021 3:39 AM

[quote]Remember Alexandra Cabot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 3, 2021 3:44 AM

R28 Haven't seen the episode yet but..yeah, this is 10 years too late. I mean after that time you'd think the character would have more depth. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 32April 3, 2021 3:54 AM

I love driving SUVs!

by Anonymousreply 33April 3, 2021 4:00 AM

Oleebia needs to have her tonsils out or something. The menopause did a number on her voice, she always sounds like she's holding back tears.

by Anonymousreply 34April 3, 2021 11:20 PM

OC looks interesting. Quite a change from the usual L&O formula. For one, they have two of the "baddies" in the opening credits; usually the main cast is either a law enforcement officer or prosecutor. So it seems like this show will be going long-haul with this opening storyline. There won't be any "crime of the week" episodes, just a long and complex investigation, which has been going on for two years already. I'll stick around a couple more eps.

by Anonymousreply 35April 3, 2021 11:51 PM

I'm not really interested in organized crime, but I wish Meloni luck with this new show.

by Anonymousreply 36April 4, 2021 3:00 AM

[quote] I'm sorry but I don't believe that Elliott hasn't contacted Olivia in 10 years. Makes no sense. His wife would have at least reached out considering Olivia saved her and delivered their child.

Yeah why don’t you try actually spending time with Aunt Olivia? The Debbie Downer at every social gathering who couldn’t shut the fuck up about how important her job was helping the VICTIMS. You’d have ghosted her too. Mom couldn’t stand her.

by Anonymousreply 37April 4, 2021 2:37 PM

As much as I love Meloni I was bored with the show. But I hope it’s a success for him

by Anonymousreply 38April 4, 2021 3:24 PM

Ass so big

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 8, 2021 11:54 AM

Big

Round

Musky

Juicy

by Anonymousreply 40April 8, 2021 12:00 PM

Benson’s character has become so insufferable. I can’t keep watching SVU because she is just so self-righteous and obnoxious to even look at now. No offense to Mariska. I’ll give the new Stabler show a few weeks to see if I like it though. The premiere was intriguing.

by Anonymousreply 41April 9, 2021 2:13 AM

OMFG ! Dylan McDermott is on tonight and looks ghastly ! He looks bloated !

by Anonymousreply 42April 9, 2021 2:20 AM

I watched Organised Crime - which I like so far because it’s not like a normal L&O case-of-the-week procedural - with my Italian buddy who is outraged at that casting. “Dylan McDermott - not Italian!”, he sulked.

by Anonymousreply 43April 9, 2021 2:56 AM

(R42) I agree. You can tell they have tons of make up on him.

by Anonymousreply 44April 9, 2021 3:15 AM

Organized Crime has potential. I’m gonna keep watching. It’s probably about as good as a 2021 network TV show is capable of being. It’s just nice to see Chris Meloni back. He really is the full package.

by Anonymousreply 45April 9, 2021 3:46 AM

The things I would do the Meloni’s bald head.

by Anonymousreply 46April 10, 2021 11:28 AM

I like (slightly) fatter older Dylan McDermott because I might have a better chance with him.

by Anonymousreply 47April 10, 2021 5:09 PM

Setting up the new team with new police officer introducing themselves reminded me a bit of similar scenes in Season 1 of The Wire.

Which makes Stabler McNulty.

by Anonymousreply 48April 10, 2021 5:13 PM

SVU has become nothing more than a soap opera about cops that features some crime solving.

by Anonymousreply 49April 10, 2021 5:17 PM

R49, yep.

I'm really hoping Elliot agreed to let everyone think Kathy was dead to keep her safe.

Imagine all five kids having reactions?

The daughters would pound on his chest and little Eli would sob in his arms.

by Anonymousreply 50April 10, 2021 5:20 PM

R47'S comment just made me chuckle.

by Anonymousreply 51April 11, 2021 12:31 AM

Sorry, I don't believe for one minute that "Kathy" is "still alive."

The kids and Elliott were with her when she died.

by Anonymousreply 52April 12, 2021 10:48 AM

I liked the second episode more than the first. It turned L&O: OC into Must-See TV for me.

by Anonymousreply 53April 12, 2021 11:32 AM

SVU and Organized Crime are both seriously such a mess.

Who is this whispery blonde on Organized Crime? She’s awful.

by Anonymousreply 54May 14, 2021 3:28 AM

I am so bored with the return of Stabler. Time has moved on. Having him back is not interesting.

by Anonymousreply 55May 14, 2021 12:12 PM

If Don Corleone commits a sex crime, which unit gets jurisdiction?

by Anonymousreply 56May 14, 2021 12:43 PM

I have really enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 57May 14, 2021 1:07 PM

R52, I thought "Kathy died" on the "operating table" "off camera".

by Anonymousreply 58May 16, 2021 11:11 PM

Really enjoy having Stabler back.

by Anonymousreply 59May 16, 2021 11:16 PM

It's better than I expected it to be. It helps that it's not stand alone episodes.

by Anonymousreply 60May 16, 2021 11:17 PM

I've yet to see it. The storylines better be on point.

by Anonymousreply 61May 20, 2021 7:48 PM

There was that naked takedown by Stabler last night.....

by Anonymousreply 62May 21, 2021 6:54 PM

Last night’s show was really hard to follow.

by Anonymousreply 63May 21, 2021 8:56 PM

You can tell the difference between network TV and the movies in the makeup budget, that’s for sure. There is orange pancake makeup settled between the lines of Meloni’s face. Yeesh.

Stabler’s boss must apply her own makeup, she looks impeccable.

by Anonymousreply 64May 22, 2021 9:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!