Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Annette O'Toole Turns 69 Today

In appreciation, this thread. I know there are other fans out there on DL. Let's celebrate anything Annette we can think of.

Here is the first of some of her greatest performances:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 2, 2021 9:59 PM

Happy Birthday, Annette!!

by Anonymousreply 1April 1, 2021 5:22 PM

SMILE (1975) is being released on Blu ray from brilliant new label Fun City Editions. Pre-orders for it went live today at noon EDT.

by Anonymousreply 2April 1, 2021 5:23 PM

One on One with ith 70s heartthrob Robby Benson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 1, 2021 5:23 PM

A very early appearance I only recently discovered....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 1, 2021 5:24 PM

Loved her in Cat People, IT, Superman 3 and Cross My Heart

by Anonymousreply 5April 1, 2021 5:28 PM

Cross Your Heart is one of those films that belongs on the Obscure/dismissed movies worth watching thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 1, 2021 5:32 PM

Always loved her and wish had had a bigger career. Smile - hysterical film!

by Anonymousreply 7April 1, 2021 5:33 PM

I loved her in The Grifters and Bugsy. Happy Birthday!

by Anonymousreply 8April 1, 2021 5:37 PM

Another fan, here. "Broken Vows" (with Tommy Lee Jones) is one of my favorite Annette O'Toole movies.

Happy Birthday Miss O'Toole.

by Anonymousreply 9April 1, 2021 5:40 PM

Really R8? She looks nothing like Annette Bening. If there's anybody she resembles or would get confused with, it would be Glynnis O'Connor. (I bet they were often up against each other for parts).

by Anonymousreply 10April 1, 2021 5:41 PM

I've loved her ever since I saw her in as Lola in that Barry Manilow made-for-TV movie. I was obsessed with it! Saved the TV Guide ad for it and everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 1, 2021 5:43 PM

She was just in a low budget horror-drama called We Go On. Her role was much larger than I'd anticipated and she's in just about every scene. She was very good in it and looks wonderful - like a woman her age, but well-preserved. She always seemed like a nice lady.

To me, she always reminded me a bit of Meryl Streep. I can't tell if it's her looks or her voice.

by Anonymousreply 12April 1, 2021 5:43 PM

I agree, R6. Love Annette!

by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2021 5:43 PM

^^ ignore the extra word "in" at r11, I'm too excited to type!

by Anonymousreply 14April 1, 2021 5:44 PM

Calling Annette O'Toole fan. Are you still around?

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2021 7:48 AM

She's married to Michael McKean of Laverne & Shirley and Breaking Bad fame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2021 7:58 AM

I adored her in Smallville. Always nice when she pops up on my telly

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2021 7:59 AM

R2 I've already ordered my copy.

Also love her in Cat People & 48 Hours. Such a shame she didn't have a bigger career. Julianne Moore reminds me of Annette O'Toole but without a genuine realness that O'Toole possessed on screened.

Moore needs good material and a good director to shine. O'Toole could turn a turd into gold.

by Anonymousreply 18April 2, 2021 8:46 AM

I have watched the mini-series Jewels many times just because she stars in it.

by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2021 8:47 AM

R16 They were both nominated for an Oscar for writing a song for "A Mighty Wind"

by Anonymousreply 20April 2, 2021 11:26 AM

I agree about the Streep vibe, in both her appearance and voice. I think she would have had more opportunities if M hadn’t spent 35 years blithely snatching up every role both suited and unsuited for her talents.

by Anonymousreply 21April 2, 2021 12:13 PM

Justice for Annette! She's one of those actresses that I hope gets at least one more juicy role that'll get her an Oscar nom. I love Streep, but they should just stop allowing her to even get nominated after all the wins she's had. Give someone else a chance.

by Anonymousreply 22April 2, 2021 5:10 PM

[quote]She's married to Michael McKean of Laverne & Shirley and Breaking Bad fame.

Michael McKean was never on "Breaking Bad." He was in the prequel, "Better Call Saul."

by Anonymousreply 23April 2, 2021 9:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!